Tekken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nazgul lord
Does anyone here play tekken? if so have you seen the beta testing vids on tekken zaibatsu they look pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kosta
I played it, aced it, sold it. Whats this new one looking like?

Nazgul lord
Pretty dam good, what character did you use?

Kosta
Hwarrong and Lee were my prefered ones, but i mastered pretty much everyone. I havent played 4 much.

unknownrocker
my favs were Laws,eddy, and that main guy thats the devil i forgot his name though
but wrong board so itll be moved

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. after 3 (which was pretty decent.. 2 was my fave) they shoulda stopped... at least make a new engine. because the characters are still good.. I think it needs to play more freely like soul calibur

unknownrocker
i dont like soul clibur that much but i love tekken

Sarah_Angel666
There is a New Tekken coming out?? why was i not informed of this?!??! humm so it looks good??? Hope So...

SaTsuJiN
yes its called tekken 5 : the part where heihachi just wont friggin die.. and jin is still on the road to revenge for his mother that died god knows how long ago now. paul phoenix is probably pushing 60 and everyone has the nerve to keep funding the fools who make this trash...
namco is great at outfit designs.. but tekkens gameplay is old and needs to be abandoned as fast as possible in this new wave of genre bending titles.

Sarah_Angel666
I dont know about that one. Tekken will never get old. Tekken is one of the best Fighting games out there, and will always be... I just wann see what this game looks like.

Phoenix Aska
Tekken has kool charecters I'll give it that.....

But it is not the best fighting games...

I get tired of seeing old man Heihachi compete for power....

SaTsuJiN
tekken 5 looks and probably plays just like 4 with some new textures.. :sigh:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tekken5/preview_6103825.html
oo look.. its paul.. but wow he has an eyepatch now!
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920588_20041015_screen004.jpg

3 years later These two are still at it :
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920588_20040831_screen002.jpg

Yay kazuya..
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920588_20040831_screen016.jpg

Daedalus
Wow, Paul is dressed like Akira from VF4 (better than Tekken I might add)

tabby999
yeah, Tekken 3 was about as good as it gets. Bryan Fury is my favourite character, but has anyone pleyed Tekken Tag, its utter crap, you cant lose, you put in two characters, one thats got a big punch, one thats got a big kick, swap the two back and forth untill you beat the game. weak

alic88
TEKKEN TAG is the BEST TEKKEN GAME if u ask me.. tht was the PEAK OF tekken era... so was tekken3............. but tekken4 damn-right sucked... tekken for me is undoubtedly the best fighting game... the characters r awesome.... i used2play with HWAORANG(thts how u spell it?) and eddy, JIN was a later favourite

unknownrocker
i think all of the tekken games were great

SaTsuJiN
2 was the pinnacle in the series for me, as Jun was my favorite character.. and then they killed her off in 3... after that it just went downhill to nowhere for me

Fallin Angel
Actually the new character Asuka is related to Jun and so she has all her moves and some new ones, and that pic of Paul with the eye patch is just a little something new they added to the game where u can customize your characters , sort of like how u customize your characters in Virtua Fighter 4. Oh, and it plays more like Tekken 3 but it still has the knock into the wall kind of thing from 4

alic88
who here thinx tht tekken tag was the best of all tekkens?

SaTsuJiN
I thought tag opened up nice new gameplay additions, but the switch thing got abused really fast

pr1983
fallin where did u get this info, id like to read more

Nazgul lord
now kids youve got it all wrong, steve fox is tha best hands down followed by jin who is cheap but realy good there both high teir characters, stevey with his speed and jin with his cheapness you cant go wrong with these two characters.

Fallin Angel
here is the site

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/index.php

SaTsuJiN
Pff.. you can just cheap the crap out of someone with hwoarang.. pop up and then eternal juggles

Nazgul lord
true but steve fox is hwoarang kriptonite.......with his speed, dont get me wrong hwoarang can beat steve but it takes a pretty good player to make it happen

Phoenix Aska
hwoarang and nina willams are good fighters..

tabby999
with someone who pratices you can beat most characters with most characters, some may be harder but theres still a chance.

Phoenix Aska
I don't deal in chance...you can either do it or you can't...

SaTsuJiN
meh.. I prefer paul phoenix for true cheapness.. just phoenix smasher shoulder tackle > beat face in > repeat

I actually liked jin kazama til he decided to 'relearn' everything...

zinh
Tekken 2 was the best..prolly the first fighting game that had me fight 4 million rounds aganst my buddyssmile

SaTsuJiN
amen to that.. T2 was the best

Nazgul lord
dude paul isnt that cheap!!!!! its jin steve and nina steve cause he can bulldog real good, jin cause hes cheap, nina cause she can revert from offence to defence quicker than the rest!!!!! wink wink wink Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

pr1983
thx fallin

AnimeOwns
i have this on playstation... can i get it on xbox?

Nazgul lord
i dont think so bra iam pretty sure its only a ps2 title

JinMason
Hmm, no tekken players in here then smile most of you talk bollocks big grin

JinMason
Oh and Phoenix smasher is ok vs easy cpu or retard humans stick out tongue
Wait, are you playing PAL or ntsc Tag Tournament?

SaTsuJiN
thats why you stun them first with a quick jab and then go for the gut slam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.