"I Love You" - Who should say it first?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daedalus
I was having a discussion with someone about this, but what do you think, should you wait for the girl to say it first or should the guy say it.

I personally think that words of such affection should be left to the female to say first.

Telperaca
The GUY, he should be the one to say it first!!!!!

DarkPheonix
I think is should be equal.

Telperaca
DarkPhoenix, I'm glad I've found you! Not I can return to stalking!! Muahahah

DarkPheonix
O_o

Daedalus
lol! big grin

DarkPheonix
*wispers to Daedalus* save me.....

Telperaca
*gets on her knees*

Dea, I love you!!

laughing out loud

rogue938
i went for cheese on toast but it depends on the situation. how well u know eachother. Who feels if their in love with the other person and would that person be able to handle those words at the time they want to say them?

pr1983
whoever feels it first, and as long as they really mean it.

Telperaca
laughing out loud

1 votes for each choice!

Daedalus
shocking

DarkPheonix
lol

Telperaca
angel

Well, that's the option you voted for stick out tongue

And that's what you get!

Linkalicious
whoever feels the urge to say it first....should be the first to say it.

Daedalus
Hey Linky! big grin

Chelsea23
Well the guy has always been the first to tell me...but, it all depends

Storm
When you feel that you truly love each other then those 3 little words will come easily. You can' t hold them back and who said them first is rather unimportant. Your actions will already have spoken louder than words anyway.
I don't remember who said it first but we continue to acknowledge it by saying it to each other often.

Daedalus
I understand what your saying and I agree, but when it isn't said, the other person tends to say. "Why didn't you say you loved me", and I'd say "Well you didn't" then she would rebuckle with. "But you should say it first".

Am I making sense?

rogue938
love isn't just a feeling. its actions- doing what is best for the other person.

Storm
Why would one be afraid to say: "I love you"?

Daedalus
Theres no fear, I just don't feel the need to say it ALL THE TIME. big grin

DarkPheonix
but its kinda nice to hear it.

Storm
If there' s no fear, why would you wait for your partner to say it first?

Daedalus
I don't wait for her to say it, I say that to her when she says that I didn't say it, implying that I don't love her.

DarkPheonix
but u do love her right?

Daedalus
Of course. And I do say it, but we aren't discussing me here. big grin

rogue938
oOo i thought u ment the fist time a person confesses their love for another.

DarkPheonix
lol

Vampy
I'll be old fashioned and say: the guy

Storm
But why?

Vampy
erm... who are you asking?

Daedalus
Its that too, it can be either really.

Storm
you ofc stick out tongue

Vampy
oh embarrasment

well I guess I'd like to know.. what am I standing on, y'know. Before I actually tell a person I care, I'd prefer to be sure I won't be rejected

Storm
That' s what I thought. Though if you love each other, you just feel it in everything. At least that' s how it went between Fire and I. Hence we weren' t afraid to kiss, to say those 3 words for the first time.

Vampy
No details, please stick out tongue

Well i can't say, as i never actually... felt anything like that to another person and I doubt that happens soon wink Bu you're probably right, you just feel that.

Don't judge a person by words, but by their behaviour.

Clovie
he

Daedalus
Exactly! big grin

you-know-who
i dont think it matters who says it first its just something that you feel... like if i said it to someone i wouldnt expect them to say it back until they were ready to... so i realy dont think it matters...

Mr Zero
If expressing love has become something thats decided by gender then the sooner we die out and are replaced by a smarter race the better.

Vampy
And that isn't even half of the deal! I mean it's not like you can say what is the person like after one thing she/he did, it's more like an overall opinion you gain in days, months, years even!

E.g. if i knew... Daedalus for instance and I would just judge him for one siple mistake, not going into what was his purpose or why on earth did he do it, I'd change my opinion every bloody day!

Gah, but then after that i'll have to change my vote to equal embarrasment

nick1811
cheese-o-rama

matchbox
i think once one person has said it, it is very hard for the other not to!

i voted for the guy to say it first cos i want it to be my choice! lol

Anna85
voted for equal

DarkPheonix
ditto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.