Long distance relationships... vent here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PandoraMomo
yeah, i know, horrible thread, but hey, I know there are alot of people who are in long distance relationships, and sometimes need to vent, like me.
I love my boyfriend to death, he's my best friend, and I can't see myself with out him right now. But he goes to college a few hours away from me. granted, i do not in anyway regret starting a relatiponship with him when I did, but being so far away makes it incredibly hard. I can't even imagine what it's like for a friend of mine who has a thing going w/ a guy a whole ocean away from us. Anyone got any advice on how to make this less difficult than it already is?????

Antoinette
ohhh...gez...thank god u ve seen him in person before..I hope ...Just talk to him each nite and plan something on the weekends...get a webcam to talk to him...hope it helps

lil bitchiness
Well, in my opinion and in my experience, it doesnt really work. Maybe because its me, i know few people who manage to keep it going.

For me, it was becoming really hard to do, especially since we'd both get super paranoid, and he would ring me like 5 times in a night to see where i am and what im doing. I was finding it hard too, because there were people who i really became close to and wanted our friendship to progress, but couldnt because i had a ''boyfriend'' 5 hours away from me on the train.
Then one night, he said he would call me, and he never did - then in the morning i got a phone call and he said he has something to tell me.

When i asked him what, he said that he has done something horrible - that hes been with someone else, and that this morning he woke up next to her. And that was the end of that.

But thas just me - like i said, it could well work, im definitivly not discarding the idea - it just never ever worked for me.

Silver Stardust
Referring to me, of course...

PandoraMomo
Yes, we went to hs togeather. I do talk to him every night, and sadly, webcams don't work cuz of firewalls set up at his schoolsad. We do try to get togeather as much as possible, but I do have work and school, and he has school and extra curriculars.

lil bitchiness
Is it an internet thing, or have they been together in real life?

PandoraMomo
hey, it's true, can't imagine how frustrating that is...
sorry if u didn't want me to say anything.. sad

PandoraMomo
lil bitchiness: I have had other long distance relationships too, which is why I'm trying so hard to make this one work, cuz my other two didn't. Thankfully, neither one of us has jealousy issues. the onlt issue we've had related to that was when a guy from my now exjob kissed me, but thankfully he understood that I didn't want it to happen... thank god...

JToTheP
It isn't really "long distance" because you see him once in a while. I used to know people who were together, and talked on the internet when they couldn't be with eachother. I say it depends on your mental capacity to handle such a thing. I'm not saying I've had/have/ever had/ever will have any, I'm just playing neutral, and going by what has been said in the posts. So good luck to you, and your friend, must be harsh an overseas relationship.

Jackie Malfoy
I think it would be hard to keep a long distance relationship.After all sure you can write back and forth and call but it would not be the same thing as him or her being with you.
I think close distance relationhips are better.JM

PandoraMomo
Yeah, i can see were ur coming from with what ur saying. but all i have to say in response is:
I guess it depends on ur definition of long distance relationships. I know there are people out there thinkg "god, she still sees him once a month, so that isn't bad!" But if you care for the person enough, and if ur so used to seeing him everyday, it does make it hard, and I do think of it as long distance. Talking to him everyday does make it easier, but not seeing him, not being there for him when he's down, or having a hard time... its rough...

Silver Stardust
Nah, it's not a problem, it's not like it's a big secret or anything.

Milla -- Momo was referring to me, and for the moment it is only an internet thing, due to the distance...it's Ush. And it is hard that we aren't actually together, but we are so incredibly determined to make it work out.

lil bitchiness
Woah, Alana, are you being serious?

Silver Stardust
Yeah, babes, I am.

lil bitchiness
So how serious is this ''relationship''?

I just never pinned you as a type to believe in internet love. confused

JToTheP
Well, I guess some people may not have much luck in the areas/towns/wherever they live in with the opposite sex, so they search the internet.

Silver Stardust
You know what? I never thought I would, either. But...people change...

And it's quite serious...

lil bitchiness
So any plans of you coming to London!?

Silver Stardust
We're working on it!

lil bitchiness
You'll love England. Believe me.

PandoraMomo
Yay for Yanz!!! I wish u and Ush the best of luck! :hug:

Silver Stardust
Oh, I've been wanting to go to England for such a long time, a lot of my family (including my grandmum) were from there...and now I have the perfect reason to go!!

Wow, I'm in an incredible mood at the moment...

PandoraMomo
Yayz!!! If ya need any help, tell me and I'll give u a xmas gift in advance!

Silver Stardust
I love how this thread turned into the "Alana's lovelife thread" big grin

Oh, I am in such an incredibly happy mood right now...and now I have to go and study for a quiz...gah...like my mind will REALLY be on psychology right now...

PandoraMomo
Sorries, but yeah, long distance relationships are hard...
So!
next semester I'm taking "the psychology or courtship and marriage". Adam should fear for his life right now...

TOH
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/shocking.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/schmoll.gif

Silver Stardust
LOL Momo!!!

Hiya TOH!

TOH
I think my heart is broken now.....http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/sadwalk.gif

But I will survive....http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/schmoll.gif

PandoraMomo
Lana, cover ur eyes for this one...
By far the worst part of being away from Adam is not waking up next to him. I have the worst ionsomnia ever, and the only time I've actually gotten quality sleep is when i visit him and spend the night in his dorm... sleeping and waking up alone after that.. oh man, can we say painful?

lil bitchiness
cuffsflirt we wanna know ALL!

Everyone seems to have hooked up on this board with one another - weird.

rogue938
it depends what you are thinking when you go into a long distance relationship. if your just looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend or just for the fun of it or because you like them a whole lot, don't get into one. if you are in love with a person and or are looking for something permant then that is a good thing for you. What do you want for your future? do you want them in it. or do you see them as maybe being the one in it?
always use your brain when feelings are involved. could this be the one you want in your future. thats all i have to say on the subject.

Silver Stardust
TOH -- cry I'm still the Matrix Bunny, remember?

Momo -- damn, that must be hard...I have horrible insomnia, too, it sucks.

Milla -- It is weird, there's so many couples that have gotten together on KMC...someone asked me if this site was a dating forum in disguise laughing out loud

Bleh, I really must be going, the info for that quiz isn't going to magically insert itself into my head...damnit...

TOH
hug

Oh...my little Alana is growing up cry

Tptmanno1
lol,

Momo> IS it better than having no Relationship at all??
If yes, than its worth it.
If no, than rethink it..

BackFire
Online relationships don't work - End it now, it will cause more problems then anything else in the long run - that's my advice, take it for what you will.

Darth Prefect
Internet relationships are like running in the Special Olympics--even if it works out, youre still retarded.

BackFire
Ugh, that lines getting really worn out, it's used way to often.

Darth Prefect
...where? ive only seen it once.

BackFire
The whole "special olympics" comparison is used constantly. With all sorts of things.

Darth Prefect
ooh...damn i need new material...

BackFire
I agree.

Darth Prefect
Internet relationships are like...4-day-old nachos...umm...they stink. no expression

MornGlory
I was seeing someone from London, UK - and I am from Boston (USA) -- we met= then I went back to the states - and we kept things going (if that is possible???) but I went back to England 4 months later anyways.. I dont know if I would of kept the relationship going if I wasnt going back to the UK - that would be stupid... even though he is pretty cool!

us Yanky chics love those brits accents-- yummm

BackFire
....at least your trying.

Mr Zero

Telperaca
I voted: Yes! If the relationship is worth it, why not?

She-Devil
Well some people know that i like kosta but at the moment it is just an internet thing (with phone calls and sms) as we live so far away from each other but maybe it might become more when we meet

Telperaca
smile

Kosta
Most pople here know, i like sarah back. Hopefully we'll get to meet some day, and well go from there big grin.

Telperaca
Good luck you two. smile

PandoraMomo
Oh, it definately is worth it. No doubt about it.. I just wish there was a way to make it easier.

Kosta
'

Thanks smile

JToTheP
Everyone who keeps saying Internet/Long-Distance Relationships suck and what not, are being close-minded scumbags and need to shut the f*ck up. Yes, I mean ALL of you who had something harsh to say about them. You people must be loved by millions of people in your surrounding areas, and have the f*ckin "perfect" lifestyle. Well newsflash a$$holes, not everybody is, and I myself know a few people who are in Long-Distance Relationships, AND some people in Internet Relationships, and basically if one of the two people gets a job, or something like that, I'd say e-mail them a hello that day, or if your on Yahoo messenger, message them while their offline. I myself use it when I have something to tell someone and they aren't online at the time, and I remind my friends to do the same if it's something that needs to be said, and they seem to handle the Distance/Internet fine, but just have questions sometimes.

So I suggest you stop acting like pricks, and let people do as they please, because it's all our own choice how we use the Internet.

lil bitchiness
Erm, can i then suggest that you watch the language. All this pricks and assholes business is really unnecessary.

Linkalicious
Vent?

ok.

Long distance relationships are f.ucking hell. not being able to actually feel the comfort and embrace of your respective other is emotional torture. Waiting to see them is a nightmare that seems to never end, and hearing about them hanging out with people of the opposite sex "just as friends" is worst than eternity in purgatory.

I mean....yah...they work just fine.

English Moosette
erm Brent, I'm hugging you in my head happy I know I can't replace a certain someone but a hug from a friend is still special right? hug

JToTheP
I'm sorry Milla, I just hate people who look at those in long-distance relationships as weaker or something of the sort.

Clovie
yes

chelsea24
erm........im off!

justjakk
I used to chat with this girl from Australia (I'm from Alabama in the states) and we traded pics and old stories and talked over the phone.
We constantly talked about how we were gonna meet each other and i was going to save money for a trip to Australia to see her. I was so stupid to think i could ever really be loved. She had this gy who lived a few hours away from her and, when we used to talk about us and family and friends, she started talking about him and how she 'loved' him. She often talked about how she was undecided about which one of us she loved the most. I told her to think about it and when she got the answer we would bring the topic up again. We used to talk alot befor that. She stopped having anything to say to me. She couldn't find anything at all to talk about anymore. It was like if she couldn't talk about him she wasn't going to talk at all. On top of that she would just post the crying smilies all the time and no matter what i did of said it just wouldn't stop. I didn't know what to do anymore. The one person i felt so close to was just not there anymore. I used to turn on my computer and have that person to talk to, then she went away. Its the worst tourture anyone could go through when they actually care. This is no mutual admiration club on the internet we're talking about. It's two people who find each other to be their equal without physical atraction to change their thoughts of the other. When we all grow up and see you can't find a perfect body with a mind that matches what you want, then we might end up happy. Until then J-lo and Ben Aflec will never marry and if they do they will just get a divorce like every other superficial marriages out there. Now.....I've vented.

chelsea24
point!!

PandoraMomo
I'd just like to point out something people seem to keep forget...
Not all long distance relationships are internet relationships!
Ok, that's all i have to say for now.
thank you for ur patience...

Royal Knight
Long distant relationships can be very very risky...

First, of all you have never seen the person face to face

Next, the distance can prove to be very depressing

I honestly do not recommend long distant relationships

I did a couple of long distant relationships and the last one I did proved that they are not all bad--Since I live with him nowsmile

Just be carefulyes

PandoraMomo
Um, thanx for being wrong! I went to hs w/ my bf for 4 years b4 we started dating, so I guess that mean i have seen him face to face...

Frosty Beverage
yes...?

BackFire
Ditty, you're graciousness has brought tears to my eyes. I cant wait *** ******* *** ***** on your **** an then smell your **** all of the dogs *******.

PandoraMomo
how.... touching?

alcoholicjedi
im currently in a long distance relationship, weve been together for 2 years, and were friends for 2 years before that. we started out living in the same town (its very small in England) and we saw eachother everyday, then in September we both went to university, i know people say its a bad idea to try and make relationships work over uni, but so far we are managing, she is 200 miles away, we speak to eachother every night and see eachother every 2-3 weeks. it is very hard, but long distance relationships, are all about trust, especially if you are both at uni. my advise to anyone in a long distance relationship is, make sure you stay in contact alot, try not to fall out if you are getting jealous, because it will only end badly if you do, and when you are together make sure its special. hope this helps!!

Royal Knight
I was referring to internet relationships duh roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Wait wait, you met your current boyfriend online? You never told me that cry

The Tired Hiker
Nope, never had a long distance reltationship, an internet relationship worth becoming a reality, and probably never will.

pr1983
a long distance relationship is like your own personal hell, especially when you cant stop thinking about the person, and how much you miss them, i know because i'm thinking about my gf right now, and shes on another hemisphere.

apologies for the rant...

PandoraMomo
no appolgies necessary. Tis what this thread is for. Also, understand the personal hell thing. Living it now too. But one thought for u, wouldn't be even more hellish to live w/o them?

The Tired Hiker
Long distance relationships suck because you never know if some other guy is getting balls deep in your girlfriend or not. erm

ChickinMeat
hey man, im EXACTLY the same, i live in NZ and my gf lives in UK.

hopefully i get to go back to england for a holiday next year though, what a great destination.....

pr1983
mines in asia, i'm right on the edge of the atlantic, its shit aint it?

Silver Stardust
Wow, and I thought the US and UK were far apart...well, actually they still are. And it sucks.

ChickinMeat
you speak the truth my friend, you speak the truth

pr1983
damn the lack of affordable housing in ireland (my biggest obstacle)

Samurai Girl
God i hate it! i had some hard sh!t to deal with but because scott (samuari guy) lives in canada i had to deal with it on my own..And the nights are the hardest...i want to hold him and cry into him and have him tell me its going to be ok....but its not going to happen..

Corran
Trust you to add comments that will not help those with long distance relationships. laughing out loud

naybean
They suck big time when you're apart but when you're together you'll know whether it was worth it or not. My bf's at uni 200 miles away and i only see him every 2 weeks. but its christmas hols soon so he'll be back in london big grin if u can handle the sh!t its definately worth it. my sister met her hubby online and they got married in august - he lived in texas but moved over here after the wedding and its working ok now.. i guess time will tell though.

PandoraMomo
Well, i guess then you'd need alot of trust between you and ur significant other before trying a long distance relationship. With out trust, any long distance relationship is doomed...

btw, Tired Hiker: Love ur sig.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.