Banshee vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ayjay
umm....i dunno if anyone has posted this fight..but ah well....yeeh i think it would be interesting.....magneto with his whole lets throw metal crap at everyone and banshee with his lets scream really loud....so yeeh...ur thoughts??

Mightyrain
Realisticly I want to say Banshee... how ever Magneto's helmet in a comic book would probably have special dampeners already installed to prevent being knocked out from a sonic scream.

Havoc470
magneto's helmet is strictly against telepathic attacks, not sound attacks

magnetos ability to manipulate electromagnetism wont be able to affect banshee's sound blasts, not only would it damage magneto's brain, but it would also vibrate the liquids in his body and still cause him to barf, daze, and then knocked unconcious

banshee has stopped pieces of metal with the power of his sound blasts and sound could still travel through metal so magneto wouldnt even have a defense, although metal dampens sound banshee's sound frequencies are strong enough to travel through the metal and still cause alot damage to mags

imo banshee wins this one

norrin radd

Maelstrom
Ya. if Banshee could control the sound, and Black Bolt doesn't even have that level. I don't mean lack of control but being able to limit it or create a sound barrier of such disruption as to enable him to hide from his foe, i think then he would be able to beat Magneto.
Magneto's uniform and helmet are metal fiber and metal. He supplements that with his powers. I don't think a sound attack would have much of an effect on him. Much like a sound proff room, both on his body and over his head. His shield should protect him form the reverberations that would damage his exposed skin.
He might actually contain all the solid metals in the area that are absorbing the sound(all Banshees own force)in the metal then use the sound as radar to its source(Banshee). Then he could strike by releasing the pent up pressures and taping into the magnitisim of the rocks and the metal itself.
I think Magneto is the winner. He can defeat most foes without even paying any attention to them at all.

Havoc470
magneto cant pull the iron out of peoples blood, not the iron you get from eggs and certain foods, it has no metal properties in it whatsoever its just named iron

magneto's electromagnetic shield cant do anything against sound-based attacks, if you ever knocked on a metal wall you would hear it, therefor sound travels through metal, and the power of banshee's sound blasts would definitely pass through the metal on magneto's body and through the opening of his helmet, with electromagnetism having no defense against sound, banshee's attack would not only rupture magneto's ear-drums, but attack his brain and cause massive vibration to the water in magneto's body and cause magneto alot of pain

with banshee using sound waves to fly he doesnt even have to open his mouth to attack magneto, imo banshee wins very quickly

norrin radd
yes he can.

you are thinking in iron as a metal, and no magneto is not only able to controll metal.

"Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once liEed a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erec! magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

In previous years Magneto has apparently exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others. His abilities along these lines are minimal, however-enough, perhaps, to protect himself against mightier telepaths, but not of great use otherwise.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating groat amounts of magnetic forces"

banshee is not on magneto league.

Havoc470
iron in blood from food has nothing to do with electromagnetism, its a vitamin, it isnt visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays, and radio waves by the way doesnt mean sound waves, radio waves are controlled by electricity and magnetism also (notice how speakers have magnets on them, and the huge radio towers with the metal antennas)

banshee isnt on anyones league, no one gives banshee credit, but when you think of his powers banshee can take someone out in seconds from even a very far amount of distance, im not a big banshee fan but i would consider him an underrated character although he's had alot of comic book time

and trust me using sound for flight and being able to use it the way banshee does requires immense expertise

where'd you get that info? i've never read a comic where magneto uses small amounts of telepathy, and if so i'd like to know which comic it was, samething goes for him controlling the iron (vitamin) in someones bloodstream

norrin radd

Havoc470
well whoever wrote of magneto controlling the iron in peoples blood is extremely bad writing, the iron in food has no electromagnetic properties therefore cant be controlled by magneto, whats with all these others powers magneto has, his mutant power is manipulating electromagnetism and nothing else

i cant believe he's used powers like astral projection or telepathy with his mutant power alone

he has manipulated bloodflow to the brain to cause aneurysms or unconsciousness, but never have i read about him strictly manipulating the iron(vitamin) in someones blood

i wonder what comics he's manipulated peoples bloodflow, i have no idea how he could do it and if so then there would be very few times he's done it throughout his history, does ANYONE have any comic book referrence to when he did this?

Mightyrain
I think if real people had the powers of these two. The person with Banshee's powers would win... but if it is written in a comic Magneto wins on populartiy alone.

Havoc470
yeah definitely, not many people like banshee and never go anywhere with the character which is sad

Mightyrain
yeah it is he's runner up for my favorite character.

What can I say I like the underdogs... Penance and Banshee... the only reason I started reading Generation X is because Banshee was my favorite... then they went and introduced Penance and Banshee got pushed aside abit.

norrin radd
Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related.

Havoc470
electro-magnetics deal with electricity, thats nothing completely out there comparing to manipulating bloodflow, heat he can defintiely do, he's increased his power to absorb cold and electricity, anti-gravitiy is also something that makes sense considering his mutant power, but the bloodflow idea is just out of scope imo, i really hope someone sees this topic and have comic book referrence to when he did that

norrin radd

norrin radd

norrin radd
did you guys knew that we all have iron in our organism, really iron (metal).

i just saw an experience where they mix milk and cereals (they crush the cereals), then they put there an iman, guess what when they took out the iman, it had iron grab in it, very small particles of iron, but iron indeed.

Havoc470
so then youre basically saying that having iron(metal) in our organisms (i think you mean organs) and with water naturally being in our body then we would rust, and probably die by the age of 15

a theory thats only been shown in two comics doesnt make the character actually have the power, its obviously something they tried and then killed it off because it didnt go to well, its a comic book, they arent gonna give him all these extra powers and then have him basically unstoppable, seeing as the limits to his power have differed from comic to comic, sure a few writers decided to read things on electromagnetism and then found ways where he could basically do anything, but no other writers want that crap to happen, the ruin of comic books would be the day when everyone brings it to a serious scientific level and it isnt even fun anymore

imo banshee takes this one in a few seconds, his helmet has never shown resistance to sound, and banshee using sound attacks are much much faster (and less consuming) than magneto using electro-magnetism

norrin radd

Cosmo Kramer
OK Banshee is a great fighter one on one with people he can fight hand to hand. Also, if he was to be pared up with Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jubilee, and Storm then maybe they might get Magneto to retreat but otherwise there is no way in hell Magneto wouldnt simply just destroy all the pipes in the ground and smash him.

baddspellahl4
I think a better fight would be black bolt vs. magneto because black bolt's screaming power never runs out and he has super strength

norrin radd
exactly

Havoc470
it doesnt matter how good he is, sound is sound, and if you use it to banshee's extent ALONE you could knock anyone unconcious, magneto is no exception since he cant completely stop sound or block it in any way

magneto progressing with his mutant power is something i dont agree with at all, sure he progressed to control the bloodflow in humans, but where did this progressive feat go after that comic.....

so basically you'd like for comic books to go purely on science.........alright then mutation wouldnt happen at all, seeing as evolution wouldnt give certain bloodlines random powers like manipulating metal or pyrokinetics, very fun indeed

Cosmo Kramer
Oh yeah! Well I had sex with your wife.

ayjay
umm...yes....let us stay away from sex and wives etc....i like my thread...lotsa ppl is replying......and yeeh...i think banshee could win this...

Havoc470
i dont have a wife.....

anyway, i think banshee wins this one

norrin radd
what do you know about the iron in our blood havoc? did you know that it is really iron? under the form of hemoglobin (something like that).

Havoc470
-_- enough with the science crap, i think banshee takes this one with one simple scream, which he would even do while magneto is ripping the "iron" out of banshee's blood although he's never done it in a comic, and even the precious little marveldirectory says he never manipulated the iron in someones blood but did accelerate their bloodflow to cause something which would take seconds, which is more than enough time for banshee to let out a scream to knock magneto unconcious

Cosmo Kramer
Magneto wins this fight easily. If you want to have an actual argument find a more powerful adversary.

norrin radd

Havoc470
banshee is a powerful adversary, its sound! ultra-sonic sound that can render anyone (even juggernaut w/o the helmet) unconcious, i mean something as fast and absolute as sound cant be stopped by magneto seeing as how fast it would travel even through solid objects

i've never seen him do it, even websites dont say he does it, so theres no reason for me to believe it, as far as i know banshee wins this one, the speed of sound, the fact that its still as potent even going through solid objects, magneto has no defense against it, and its sound, it'll be in magneto's brain before magneto could even kill banshee

Cosmo Kramer
Yes! I know for a fact that Magneto has controlled the iron in men's blood inorder to cause it to stop. He has done it a few times actually. yes

norrin radd

Cosmo Kramer
Magneto could electrocute him you know.

Havoc470
until i read this mysterious comic, i dont think he can control the iron in someones blood, does anyone have a comic book reference rather than word of mouth and not even a site to back it up?

i dont know how fast magneto has eletrocuted anyone, i'd need comic reference for this too, only so i could have an understanding of exactly how he uses it

Cosmo Kramer
Just think scientifically on how fast electricity works. lol

Havoc470
thats not what i mean, im meant how he uses it, i mean i've never seen him just sprout electricity out of his fingers like electro, this is why i'd like some comic book reference to check it out

i think ill post a topic requesting the comic books in the CBMD section

Cosmo Kramer
Fine i'll look it up! Are you happy now? mad

Havoc470
you dont have to, but thanks anyway...i mean its more of curiousity than to prove anything

Cosmo Kramer
Known Superhuman Powers: Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power to control magnetism. He can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances), or whether he can also generate magnetic force from within himself. Nor is it clear whether Magneto's power is psionic or purely physiological in nature.

Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once liEed a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erec! magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, (in your eye) he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

In previous years Magneto has apparently exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others. His abilities along these lines are minimal, however-enough, perhaps, to protect himself against mightier telepaths, but not of great use otherwise.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating groat amounts of magnetic forces.

Abilities: Magneto is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He may be a genius in these fields. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, or create adult clones of human beings and then manipulate the genetic structure of these clones during their development (see Savage Land Mutates). From Maelstrom's records and equipment he has learned how to create artificial living beings.

Magneto has mastered many technological fields as well: for example, he has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators.

Magneto has only a rudimentary knowledge of hand-to-hand combat.

Weapons: Magneto relies primarily on his own natural powers, although sometimes he has used magnetically-powered devices of his own design, such as his machine for inducing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions from afar. Magneto used to use mechanical devices for magnifying his own powers, but since his rejuvenation he no longer needs them.

ayjay
kays dats kool..but hasnt someone already posted the exact same info? its all good..but i think it would be interesting to see some original thoughts and ideas rather than da same exact one being regurgitated over and over....but yeeh.....sall good i guess...

Havoc470
yeah, thats from marveldirectory.....i was asking for COMIC BOOK REFERENCE, not something that has been posted on thousands of other magneto battles

i could see youre trying to "stick it" to me cosmo but i know he could use electricity.........i just want to see HOW he uses it in a comic book

ayjay
hehe...yes..i would like to know dat too...

ayjay
mmm....ayyt...looks like dis thread is dieing....meh....

muffin man
screeech if this can block magneto's magnetic rays then this fight goes to banshee screeeeeeeeeeeeeech

Lord_Bumper
Aj

I know its unintentional spite from a 7 year old thread bumped by a sock, but.... Magneto stomps!!!

Metalmanx
Does he though?

yeah he really does

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.