The Hulk vs Solomom Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
THey are both very strong, big and powerful. I know the Hulk strenght is virtually unlimited,but Grundy can't die. Sooner or later the Hulk would, so who'd win? Who'd smash who?

manjaro
depending on which version or Grundy. sometimes they show him slim and trim and easily subdued and other times they show him so strong that even superman can barley contain him

Mainstream
I'm talking about the strong bulky verison dude.

juggernaut74
Hulk will most likely smoke Grundy pretty bad. Although Grundy will come back sometime later for a rematch.

crazyspinz
id say grindy is more of a match for someone like the thing, or sasquatch, not quite at hulks lvl

supremthor
na the Solomom Grundy is perfect hulk.thing will get eat by Grundy

crazyspinz
the thing is about hulk is he cant loose to sheer strength, because he has an infinite amount of it, maybe if he never got stronger this would be a good fight but he does. thing and grundy would be closer imo

supremthor
Solomom Grundy has many forms some of his forms are as strong if not stronger then superman

crazyspinz
yes but Hulk is differant than anyother hero/villan, the longer the fight lasts the stronger he gets, where everyone else gets tired and weaker. the only hope to ever beat hulk is to do it fast, wich is almost imposible because of his insaine durablility and healiong factor, this fight might take a few days, but hulk would win

Tron
That's probably one of the biggest misconceptions about Hulk. People say he can't be beaten by strength alone because he has an infinite amount of it, when it's actually only the potential to have infinite strength. He's never been shown to truely have the massive infinite strength that most people claim he has, not that he couldn't have it, but he hasn't been shown to reach any levels like that yet. And, he HAS been beaten by strength alone, so I don't know how alone could claim that couldn't be so (unless someone wants to call it all bad writing, in which case everyone's intitled to their opinion). Anyways, someone that could give Superman trouble should easily be able to give Hulk just as much trouble if not more.

Imperial_Samura
I think of Grundy, I think zombie, I think unkillable. Then I think, by now surely he must be pretty decomposed, surely a good hit from the Hulk should knock him to pieces (of course I know little about Grundy, I just think it would be funny seeing that happen)

Tron
Well, if a hit from Superman and most of DC's other bricks haven't done that yet, then I seriously doubt Hulk would be able to.

Imperial_Samura
Curses. Still, if Grundy can go toe to toe with Superman and maybe come out on top then the Hulk could be in for quite a tough fight.

baddspellahl4
yeah, the grund meister has fought supes be4 (although he got his ass whooped various times) and seems to hold out pretty well. also grundy can get knocked out, but that's the only way I see hulk truly winning(as in even if he kills him he'll just come back)

whobdamandog
I can't remember what issue it was but the Gray Hulk fought a being similar to Grundy. His name was "Half Life" and he had the ability to regenerate himself. In addition to this ability, Half-life was in an "undead" physical state much like Superman's zombie-like nemesis and could not be killed.

Regardless of his regenerative abilities and durability, The Gray Hulk vanquished Half-life fairly quickly. Keep in mind though, that Half-life did not possess even half the physical prowess of Grundy.

I definately think the battle between Grundy and Hulk would be similar to the above referenced battle, however, it would probably last a lot longer due to Grundy's strength level being on par with a base level Hulk.

Even though Grundy would not be killed in this battle, he would definately be defeated by a foe who grows exponentially stronger than himself in a matter of minutes. It will take him a heck of a lot longer than a few minutes to come close to taking down a being who even the man of steel has acknowledged as being able to almost withstand "Everthing" he was able to dish out.

Wynndar
Half Life wasnt a big guy though...more like a tiny pest...

juggernaut74
After watching the JLU last night I might change my mind on Hulk beating Grundy. Grundy looked pretty damm tuff last night even though he was enhanced with chaos magic but that was his true potential. It still would be cool to see. And yes it was a cartoon but still hes like that in the comics. Grundy has been around since the 1940s and he hasnt reallly changed much.

baddspellahl4
shit, I missed jlu last night, and a again when it came on at 4. can anyone tell me what happened, and if amazo was in it?

juggernaut74
some kids were havin some ceromy trying to raise a demon or something and somehow Grundy was raised from his grave. Then let loose on the city beatin GL, Superman, Vixen, Dr. Fate, all at once. And amazo tried to stop him but he was absorbing his cosmic energy in the process so he fled away to stop him from doing so. Dr. Fate said that he was enhanced with chaos magic and his magic was useless agianst him. So low and behold Hawkgirl came back into action and used her mace to stop him cause Dr. Fate said the mace was created to fight agianst magical foes therefor was inluernable to magic. She stopped him but you didnt get to see it. So the question remains did she actually do it.

supremthor
ya and grundy bet the shite out of GL, Superman, Vixen

Mainstream
Grundy smash silly a$$ Hulk!!!!!

Mainstream
Grundy crush silly a$$ Green Hulk!

Mainstream
Yeah dude Grundy is like a zombie Hulk!!!!

Mainstream
That's what I'm talking about dude! Grundy is like a super powerful zombie Hulk!!!!

lightaxe
thanks for saying all that like 2 times each.

Tron
Ummmm, righthuh

Mainstream
So Supremthor, I'm going with your a Grundy fan.

Mainstream
Sorry about saying all that stuff in a row guys. I tend to get carried away sometimes.

MERCILOUS
Grundy wins cause he's made of wood.

Paola
Mainstream: use edit button if you forgot to add something to your post.

Tron
He didn't forget.no expression

Mainstream
Yes I did Tron... and are you really from DA Ci-tay?

Tron
That's right, I am. Not the City, but the ghetto version, with the Ghetto Tick and em'.

Mainstream
Cool

namorsubby
if it's a peak grundy, no hulk is winning.

other high close peak-level grundys could win too IMO.like jsa team engaging grundy or sentinal/alan scott smashing grundy

batman jobbing grundy gets freakin destroyed.laughing

Kris Blaze
Born on a monday

occultdestroyer
Solomon Grundy.
This guy used to be a team wrecking ball.

Silver age Solomon Grundy wins
PC Grundy curbstomps.
Grundy with jobbing powers FTL.
Current Grundy no idea.

Knowsbleed33
Grundy takes it.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by namorsubby
sentinal/alan scott smashing grundy
Isn't that the one that got KO'ed by fighting with Wildcat?

Enyalus
Current Grundy was torn apart by 350 mph winds.

And we use current characters on KMC unless otherwise noted. So, Grundy gets f*cked.

Knowsbleed33
IIRC PC Grundy was takin down by a bat-kick.

namorsubby
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Isn't that the one that got KO'ed by fighting with Wildcat? lol, no that's the sentinal engaging grundy. there's a difference.

good to know you've seen the thread though wink

Stoic
Too many assume that because Grundy can give Superman a hard time that he would be able to do the same with the Hulk, but in fact Grundy would be fighting the Hulk in his element.

The Hulk would continue to become stronger and more durable while Grundy would be at a standstill.

namorsubby
peak grundy would thrash superman.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by namorsubby
lol, no that's the sentinal engaging grundy. there's a difference.

good to know you've seen the thread though wink From JSA Classified?

What thread?

namorsubby
dagnabbit.....you didn't see it. sad

oh,and i was refering to the wildcat respect thread.

anyway,i don't have the scans or remember the issue,but grundy has crushed sentinal before without too much strain. that's the grundy i was refering to. the jsa classified grundy engages sentinal alot, but he doesn't really whoop him like that.

Stoic
Grundy isn't really DC's version of the Hulk, Doomsday is... Grundy is DC's version of Drax the Destroyer.

Leobama
But how strong is grundy? Probably class 100 (like everyone else in dc), i've never seen a bio or anything.

Stoic
Originally posted by Leobama
But how strong is grundy? Probably class 100 (like everyone else in dc), i've never seen a bio or anything.

I'd say Grundy ranged anywhere from a 1 tonner to class 100, but he averaged at somewhere around class 50-75

-K-M-
Blockbuster is DC's Hulk comparison...

Originally posted by -K-M-
Blockbuster SMASH!

1. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/SSOSV16-12.jpg
2. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/SSOSV16-13a.jpg
3. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/SSOSV16-14.jpg

shifty

Stoic
Only when it comes to the doofus effect.

Leobama
Originally posted by -K-M-
Blockbuster is DC's Hulk comparison... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan Lee should've sued!

Leobama
Originally posted by Stoic
I'd say Grundy ranged anywhere from a 1 tonner to class 100, but he averaged at somewhere around class 50-75 If this is true, then we should question superman's strength as well (don't hit me)! SINCE feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bios. (go easy on me, fellas).

cloud102
Grundy varies a lot. Low to mid end Grundy would LOSE to Hulk. High end would stalemate or win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.