KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Hulk vs Solomom Grundy

The Hulk vs Solomom Grundy
Started by: Mainstream

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

The Hulk vs Solomom Grundy

THey are both very strong, big and powerful. I know the Hulk strenght is virtually unlimited,but Grundy can't die. Sooner or later the Hulk would, so who'd win? Who'd smash who?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 02:49 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

depending on which version or Grundy. sometimes they show him slim and trim and easily subdued and other times they show him so strong that even superman can barley contain him

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 07:41 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I'm talking about the strong bulky verison dude.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 03:48 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Hulk will most likely smoke Grundy pretty bad. Although Grundy will come back sometime later for a rematch.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 03:06 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

id say grindy is more of a match for someone like the thing, or sasquatch, not quite at hulks lvl

IM AWESOME

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 03:16 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

na the Solomom Grundy is perfect hulk.thing will get eat by Grundy

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 03:20 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

the thing is about hulk is he cant loose to sheer strength, because he has an infinite amount of it, maybe if he never got stronger this would be a good fight but he does. thing and grundy would be closer imo

IM AWESOME

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 03:22 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

Solomom Grundy has many forms some of his forms are as strong if not stronger then superman

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 03:28 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

yes but Hulk is differant than anyother hero/villan, the longer the fight lasts the stronger he gets, where everyone else gets tired and weaker. the only hope to ever beat hulk is to do it fast, wich is almost imposible because of his insaine durablility and healiong factor, this fight might take a few days, but hulk would win

IM AWESOME

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 03:33 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

That's probably one of the biggest misconceptions about Hulk. People say he can't be beaten by strength alone because he has an infinite amount of it, when it's actually only the potential to have infinite strength. He's never been shown to truely have the massive infinite strength that most people claim he has, not that he couldn't have it, but he hasn't been shown to reach any levels like that yet. And, he HAS been beaten by strength alone, so I don't know how alone could claim that couldn't be so (unless someone wants to call it all bad writing, in which case everyone's intitled to their opinion). Anyways, someone that could give Superman trouble should easily be able to give Hulk just as much trouble if not more.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:11 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I think of Grundy, I think zombie, I think unkillable. Then I think, by now surely he must be pretty decomposed, surely a good hit from the Hulk should knock him to pieces (of course I know little about Grundy, I just think it would be funny seeing that happen)

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 05:25 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Well, if a hit from Superman and most of DC's other bricks haven't done that yet, then I seriously doubt Hulk would be able to.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 05:59 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Curses. Still, if Grundy can go toe to toe with Superman and maybe come out on top then the Hulk could be in for quite a tough fight.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 06:05 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

yeah, the grund meister has fought supes be4 (although he got his ass whooped various times) and seems to hold out pretty well. also grundy can get knocked out, but that's the only way I see hulk truly winning(as in even if he kills him he'll just come back)

Last edited by Whittdawg92 on Dec 16th, 2004 at 03:06 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 03:04 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't remember what issue it was but the Gray Hulk fought a being similar to Grundy. His name was "Half Life" and he had the ability to regenerate himself. In addition to this ability, Half-life was in an "undead" physical state much like Superman's zombie-like nemesis and could not be killed.

Regardless of his regenerative abilities and durability, The Gray Hulk vanquished Half-life fairly quickly. Keep in mind though, that Half-life did not possess even half the physical prowess of Grundy.

I definately think the battle between Grundy and Hulk would be similar to the above referenced battle, however, it would probably last a lot longer due to Grundy's strength level being on par with a base level Hulk.

Even though Grundy would not be killed in this battle, he would definately be defeated by a foe who grows exponentially stronger than himself in a matter of minutes. It will take him a heck of a lot longer than a few minutes to come close to taking down a being who even the man of steel has acknowledged as being able to almost withstand "Everthing" he was able to dish out.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 09:56 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Half Life wasnt a big guy though...more like a tiny pest...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:37 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

After watching the JLU last night I might change my mind on Hulk beating Grundy. Grundy looked pretty damm tuff last night even though he was enhanced with chaos magic but that was his true potential. It still would be cool to see. And yes it was a cartoon but still hes like that in the comics. Grundy has been around since the 1940s and he hasnt reallly changed much.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:43 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

shit, I missed jlu last night, and a again when it came on at 4. can anyone tell me what happened, and if amazo was in it?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:35 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

some kids were havin some ceromy trying to raise a demon or something and somehow Grundy was raised from his grave. Then let loose on the city beatin GL, Superman, Vixen, Dr. Fate, all at once. And amazo tried to stop him but he was absorbing his cosmic energy in the process so he fled away to stop him from doing so. Dr. Fate said that he was enhanced with chaos magic and his magic was useless agianst him. So low and behold Hawkgirl came back into action and used her mace to stop him cause Dr. Fate said the mace was created to fight agianst magical foes therefor was inluernable to magic. She stopped him but you didnt get to see it. So the question remains did she actually do it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:43 AM
supremthor

ya and grundy bet the shite out of GL, Superman, Vixen

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 02:23 AM