Shredder vs. Deathstroke The Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
http://img124.exs.cx/img124/2559/shrdea2ra.gif

Mainstream
I remember voting on this one... If you talking about Deadstroke and not the "Slade" cartoon verison though and your talking about the comic book Shredder, I'm voting Deadstroke.

muffin man
no Shred head.
he has really cool armour

DarkCrawler
Deathstroke kills Shredder.

Lord-of-Dreams
Shredder runs at Deathstorke, and gets his ass pumped with lead, then kicked off!

Kontraz
deathstroke.... with ease....

Swanky-Tuna
I think Shredder would lose but because he'd botch a run and break his leg. Now how many people will get that reference?

muffin man
3 words sword of Tengu

Nightstick
I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about Deathstroke, but Shredder is capable of fending off if not defeating all 4 Ninja Turtles at once. The Turtles themselves are masters of multiple martial arts teachings and individually capable of fighting armies of ninjas.

muffin man
yep.

Draco69
Deathstroke defeated the entire JLA, the X-Men, and kicked the crap out of Batman. He's not to be underestimated.

Nightstick
Even from the little I know a Deathstroke and what you just told me. I would in no way underestimate him. My point was just that Shredder is no slouch either.

Draco69
So who do you think would win?

Nightstick
To be honost I don't feel I know enough about Deathstroke to make a fair judgment. From what I have gathered though it would be a good fight.

Draco69
Well I'll give you some info :

Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity (a normal human being uses only 2%), making him a master tactician. He also has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. He's a master of numerous martial arts. His senses are at Daredevil's level ( he could see the Atom at microscopic levels).

History:
Slade Wilson was always a strong, determined personality. As a young man, he lied about his age to get into the Army. He quickly distinguished himself and became one of the youngest decorated soldiers. During a guerrilla warfare training session, he was bested by his instructor, Adeline Kane, a woman who matched his fiery personality and superior fighting skills. Sparks ignited immediately between the two, and they quickly fell in love and wed. Shortly thereafter, Adeline gave birth to a son, Grant. Slade continued on active duty, and volunteered for a medical experiment in resisting truth serums.

The experiment left Slade weakened and bedridden for a time. The experiment, unbeknownst to anyone but Slade, had an unforeseen side effect: it gave Slade enhanced strength and heightened reflexes. Shortly after this, Adeline gave birth to a second son, Joseph. After resisting orders to rescue life long friend, Wintergreen, Slade was discharged from the army. He took up hunting for a while, but it failed to quench his thirst for the life he once led. Unknown to his wife and family, Slade secretly became a mercenary known as Deathstroke, the Terminator.

One one of his assignments, Slade assassinated a Colonel from the country of Quarac. The president from Quarac sent a terrorist known as the Jackal to find Slade, and find out who hired him to kill the Colonel. To gain leverage, the Jackal kidnapped a young Joseph Wilson. This forced Slade to admit to his wife that he was secretly the mercenary known as Deathstroke, the Terminator. Adeline and Slade together confronted the Jackal. Slade to give the Jackal the information he requested, because it would violate his professional code of ethics. Slade gambled he could react fast enough to save his son; He saved Joseph's life, but not before one of Jackal's men had begun to slit his throat. Joseph was now mute.

Adeline, furious at Slade's betrayal and risking her son's life, confronted Slade with a gun. Slade's quick reflexes saved his life, but he lost his right eye due to the gunshot inflicted by his wife. Adeline then divorced Slade and raised her two sons by herself. Grant followed in his father's footsteps and attended military school. Joseph, however, was quite different from his brother; He was a kind, gentle soul who flourished in the arts. Joseph was both a talented artist and musician. Adeline nurtured this side of Joseph, and he grew up to be a fine young man under Adeline's care.

Slade continued his activities as the mercenary, Deathstroke, the Terminator. Although a mercenary, Slade did keep his own personal code of ethics, taking only jobs his conscience would allow him to. A few years after his divorce from Adeline, Slade met Lillian "Sweet-Lili" Worth, an Oriental clan princess whose life fell in ruins. During one of their trysts, Slade impregnated Lili, who later gave birth to Rose Worth; Slade's daughter. Lili kept Rose a secret from Slade, rationalizing it was in the child's best interest to do so.

A few years later, Slade casually refused a job that would change his life forever. The criminal organization known as the H.I.V.E. offered Slade a contract to kill the Teen Titans. Slade refused. But Slade's son, Grant, assumed the contact himself. The bitter Grant perceived that the Titans had ruined his life and sought to exact his revenge through this contract with the H.I.V.E. Given powers and a costume, Grant became the Ravanger. Seeking to destroy the Teen Titans, Grant succeeded only in destroying himself. Slade vowed to destroy the Titans himself, in an effort to honor his son's contract.

After failing to fulfill this contract himself, Slade came in contact with a young sociopath with dangerous powers: Tara Markov. Markov had powerful earth-shaping powers, but was emotionally unstable. Full of blind hate, Markov agreed to work with Slade, acting as a double agent as a member of the Teen Titans, gaining access to all their secrets and weaknesses. With Terra's help, Slade was able to deliver the Teen Titans to the H.I.V.E. Dick Grayson with the help of Slade's son Joe Wilson were able to infiltrate H.I.V.E. headquarters and rescue the Titans. In the ensuing battle, Terra died and Slade was captured to stand trial.

Slade's case was thrown out of court because the prosecutor failed to prove that the Terminator who did the kidnapping was indeed Slade Wilson, Actually, Gar Logan (Changeling) sabotaged the trial so he could destroy Slade Wilson himself. Slade showed up for their "final battle" in his civilian garb, forcing Gar to see him as a man, not a simple vessel for his rage at Terra's betrayal. The two men parted on truce terms. Slade laid low for awhile, taking up hunting again in Africa.

It seems the tainted souls of Azareth regained their strength and merged with Jericho shortly after Trigon's second defeat. The souls now needed powerful vessels for each of them to survive. Now possessed by this force, Jericho sought to acquire superhuman beings as vessels for the souls of Azareth. He used the Wildebeast Society as a front to kidnap the Titans to house the tainted souls of Azareth. During the soul transfer process, Jericho resurfaced briefly, begging his father to kill him; He was beyond help and killing him might destroy the twisted souls of Azareth. To spare his son any more pain and save the remaining Titans, Slade Wilson was forced to drive a sword through Jericho, killing him instantly.

Soon, Slade's life was turned upside down. Slade stopped an assassination attempt on the president. But Slade's heroic act was misconstrued ; by stopping a doppleganger of a U.S. Senator emplanted with a bomb, the authorities believed Slade had killed the Senator, and tried to kill the president himself! Deathstroke became a hunted fugitive. Meanwhile, a new man assuming the identity of the Ravanger was hunting down Slade's friends and loved ones, killing his informant Maurice, his tech supplier, Squirrel, and his former lover, Lili. At the same time, Adeline Wilson was exhibiting strange behavior, blaming Slade for her sons' deaths and vowing to kill him and his new lover, Pat Trayce.

Eventually, Slade was able to clear his name. Working with Sarge Steel and Checkmate, he was able to prove that the assassination attempt was actually a plan of the Crimelord, Steve Dayton.

It was during this ordeal, however, that Slade made some shocking discoveries about himself. After being riddled with bullets and brought to a morgue, Slade awoke from the dead! Apparently, Slade had an unknown extra-ability to add to his enhanced healing factor: Immortality. Upon awaking from each "death", however, Slade is in a state of psychosis for a brief period of time. The second discovery Slade made was that Rose Wilson is his own daughter! Fearing he would not be a good father, he eventually left Rose primarily in the care of Wintergreen, and then, the Titans.

The new Ravanger was revealed to be Slade's half-brother, Wade DeFarge. DeFarge was insanely jealous of Slade - and tried to torture him by killing anyone Slade cared about. Meanwhile, Adeline Kane, now completely over the edge, donned a Vigilante costume, and came into conflict with Slade and the Ravanger. After Adeline was bruised and healed immediately, Slade guessed the truth: Slade had given Addie a blood transfusion some months ago. The transfusion gave her rapid-healing powers, but was also driving her quite mad. During the fracas with Ravanger, Addie was shot between the eyes and naturally presumed dead. The Ravanger was captured and taken away by authorities. Later, in the morgue, Adeline awoke. Apparently, she had gained Slade's immortality as well. Her current whereabouts are unknown.

On his next case, Slade was engulfed in an explosion in the Capital Dome. This had a stranger effect than his previous regenerations. When he awoke this time, Slade awoke as a man some 20 years YOUNGER than he had been!

After that, on a routine mission with Vigilante, Slade was caught in yet another explosion, this time involving volatile chemicals. The explosion "killed" Slade and triggered another regeneration. After that incident, Slade's actions became somewhat erratic, and he cut ties with both Pat Trayce and Wintergreen, claiming they were no longer part of his life, since he did not remember them. So Pat Trayce continued running Vigilance, Inc., with Wintergreen as her right hand man. Wintergreen suspected that this second explosion restored Slade's memory, since details of his past life crept up in idle conversation. Knowing that Slade must have his reasons for cutting ties with he and Pat, Wintergreen respected this unspoken request from Slade, and gave him his space.

Since that time, Slade has resurfaced, returning to his earlier mercenary ways. He has tangled with Batman, Nightwing, Azrael and the Teen Titans. In these confrontations, he exhibited little sense of honor, taking jobs that the old Slade would have turned down on moral principle. Only in his confrontation with Azrael did Slade show he was a man of honor.

In my opinion, Shredder is completely outmatched. We're talking about a man who defeated the entire JLA, the entire X-Men (even Wolverine) and beat one the world's greatest martial artist and master tactician Batman. Shredder is out of his league.

muffin man
well with the sword of tengu shredder has destroyed millions of lives and highly trained armies all at once

Draco69
So? The Shredder has his hands full with a bunch of mutated turtles with a decent knowledge of martial arts and weapons. Deathstroke has defeated Hawkman, Black Canary, the Flash, Green Lantern, the Atom, Batman, Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Wolverine, and the Teen Titans. Slade thinks with 90% of his brain capacity. He thinks at speed that would put the fastest computers to shame. By the time Shredder hilts his sword, Slade has already thought of a million ways to defeat him. Not to mention that he's immortal to begin with.

muffin man
umm the turtles are masters of martial arts and win due to there quick thinking and there team work.

Draco69
And Green Lantern controls the most powerful weapon in the universe. The Flash thinks, runs, reacts at near-lightspeed. Batman is a master of all 147 martial arts. Storm can control the weather. Wolverine is a master of all martial arts and he has incredible healing factor and unbreakable bones and claws. Slade beat them all.

If the Shredder went against any of the opponents that Slade as faced he'd lose badly. Slade is another league altogether. It's like comparing an Ipod to cassette player. It's no contest.

muffin man
there aren't 147 martial arts.
none of them are as smart as Donatello

Draco69
Actually there are 147 martial arts. Look in the Comic Movies Forum for more info.

Ten bucks Batman is WAY smarter than Donatello.

muffin man
right.
and I'm the king of portugal

Draco69
Hello Your Majesty.

DarkCrawler
Batman is WAY more smarter then Donatello, your Highness.

muffin man
when was the last time batman explained complex physics
then again so I understand them
and bow before you come to my throne room
like this notworthy well there are others just bow

DarkCrawler
Many times.

muffin man
yeah but he never simplafied them

Draco69
He doesn't need to "simplify" them. He's surrounded by extremely smart people.

Donatello, unfortunately, is surrounded by shellheads. Literally.

Lord-of-Dreams
lol. Who cares how smart Bats is. It's not even his fight. But anyway, Shredder is basically a strong/fast human with a big sword and a cool mask. Slade is really cool, and way too good for Shredder. Shredder can't win. Slade could dodge Shredd's slashes anyway. He's beaten the Flash. Now, I'm not contradicting myself, as I am referring to his speed in comparesin (spelling??) to Shredder's. Anyway... go Slade!!

Swanky-Tuna
Was that stat given to him before it was discovered nearly everybody uses most of their brain?

Draco69
Everyone only uses 2% of their brain capacity.

Swanky-Tuna
Welcome to modern science

Draco69
Unfortunately this one man's opinion against various others. Scientists argue about everything. There's bound to be an bad apple out there that contests popular theory.

Swanky-Tuna
And what of the MRIs that show the entire brain working? We don't use all our brain all the time but, y'know, you throw a ball, that uses certain areas. You write a letter, that uses different areas.

Draco69
By the "10%" concept of brain capacity, I and several others refer to the parts of the brain we CONSCIOUSLY control. Of course the entire brain works at something. Every cell and every section has it's job. But we cannot consciously tap into any of these parts of the brain. For example, we can't control our hypothalamus to regulate our emotions when we want to. We can't tell our temporal lobe to focus on a particular sound and block out all other sounds. We can't tell our brain to pump adrenaline into our bloodstreams nonstop. We can't tell our brain to stop the heart from beating temporarily. Slade can do all these because he has conscious control over 90% percent of his brain. We only have 2% or (10%, I've heard other numbers) conscious control over our brains.

Lord-of-Dreams
So ahh.... who would win??
I say Slade wins, but what do those scientists say??

grey fox
right slade woudl win but shredder may get a few hits in as the sword of tangu is pretty strong i'm thinking killing whole armies in a singel slash plus shredder has a sort of immortality goign on with him since he had his head sliced off and hsi body got up and wlaked off with it

Joker1237
I think the Shredder will turn into the SUPER Shredder, and than will kick Slade's Butt lol.

Beyonder
So? Him beating people he's studied doesn't mean he's going to beat an unknown opponent, who's as brutal as Shredder. Fighting an unknown opponent is different from fighting ones you've prep for.

Shredder wins. Deathstroke doesn't know Shredder is mostly a mechanical robot and isn't vulnerable as his usual opponents. He takes Shred's head off and he'll get gutted for not knowing Shredder can survive such an attack. Furthermore, Shred's fought a Triceraton and all he lost was a leg. Are you saying Slade can match Shredder or a Triceraton in strength? Speed is speed, but Shredder isn't a slug compared to Slade. It ain't like Slade matched Flash in speed and kicked his ass that way. Knowing his opponent, Deathstroke was able to make his moves with precision and a step ahead of Flash - this DOESN'T mean he'll pull off such a feat against an unknown opponent as Shredder.

And Deathstroke's opponent aren't murderers like Shredder; given the chance, Shredder would kill Deathstroke.

Lord-of-Dreams
No way!!!! Shredder gets big... and Slade still kicks his ass!! Has more fun, too!

Swanky-Tuna
That's much different than thinking with 90% of your brain. In fact, that's NOT thinking with 90% of your brain. That's just having control over your normally uncontrollable body functions.

Draco69
Blame the comic writers. To them it would be "thinking".

Kontraz
"Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity (a normal human being uses only 2%), making him a master tactician."

dont get me wrong, i still say that slade would win with relative ease.... and he is still one of my favorite chars (so yeah,im a little bias in this one) but i still cant believe DC is still basing his char off of that bullsh*t. I mean, just say he has an IQ of 1000 or something, cuz we wouldnt be able to function at all if we used 2% of our brains. Based on studies, actually, if we used 15% of our brains, we'd be on par with a goat.... we use 100% of our brains (well, close to it) If slade was to use 90%, he would be an idiot.... which he clearly isnt.

muffin man
I need some of his complex jargan explaining does that mean I'm a shell head
I'm only 15 and I'm doing higher papers and doing very well

jinzin
Yeah go shredhead.
Shredder goes super, starts up with all his crazy ass random powers and incinerates slade end of story.

muffin man
yep

Nightstick
Quick question if he has such a hightend healing factor and can return from the dead why does he have an artificial eye?

Something tells me he didn't take the JLA in straight combat. It sounds more like it was Batman style playing off their weakness etc. If one looks at the feats accomplished by each Turtle individually. Then take into account that Shredder is more then a match for each one alone. And more or less equal to all at once. We begin to get the idea that Shredder is not your run of the mill Ninja. Not only that, but he is far from stupid(in most versions) being an experienced leader and tactician. After all the Foot clan did see fit to allow him to head one of their operations. Truth is I don't know who would win I still haven't read enough Deathstroke to accurately judge. All I am saying is I woudn't write Shredder of as an easy opponent.

Draco69
"Quick question if he has such a hightend healing factor and can return from the dead why does he have an artificial eye?"

The eye was lost before he was enhanced thus negating the healing factor.

"Something tells me he didn't take the JLA in straight combat. It sounds more like it was Batman style playing off their weakness etc. If one looks at the feats accomplished by each Turtle individually."

Slade took on each JLAer head-on. He didn't rely on traps, or diabolical plans. He took out his sword and started slashing. Check out the Identity Crisis series. He also took the X-Men (he didn't know anything about them) head-on. And he defeated them with ease. Slade is out of Shredder's league.

Nightstick
I am not saying he didn't, but I am curious how some one takes on Superman with a sword?

Draco69
Superman wasn't there. He took on the Flash, Green Lantern, The Atom, Hawkman, Zatanna, Green Arrow, Black Canary and finally Elongated Man all by his lonesome. And he won.

Nightstick
It's kind of convenient for him that most of the Justice League A lister were absent. And that those on the team that are more or less invulnerable were missing. smile

To me this is kind of like some one taking on an X-Men line up of Jubilee, Gambit, and Angel and saying they can defeat the X-Men. This does make me wonder what was the X-Men line up that Deathstroke took out?

Draco69
An A lister is missing? Green Lantern wields the most powerful weapon in the universe. He can do ANYTHING. The Flash can think, react, and move at near-lightspeed. Zatanna, a uber-powerful sorceress, can do ANYTHING as long as she says it backwards. They had MANY A-listers.

The X-Men lineup was Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Banshee, Dazzler, Cyclops, and finally Nightcrawler. He handed them all their asses.

Nightstick
Yes I realise they are powerfull I am simpley stateing that it's seems most of what is considered the JL core membership and all of it invulnerable members are missing. It is impressive, but it's not like he K.O'd Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter or even Batman may have tiped the scale.

Mainstream
If Batman was in the IC issue were DS fought the JLA DS would have went down....I would think.

Draco69
If Superman or Wonder Woman was there then yes Deathstroke would probably lose. But you fail to see the point. The TMNT is nowhere near the league of the X-Men or the JLA. Shredder still can't defeat a few mutated turtles with karate lessons. Deathstroke defeated the JLA and the X-Men with ease. If Shredder met the JLA or the X-Men, he'd have his hinny kicked to Africa. If Deathstroke met the TMNT, then we have 4 lovely trophy shells now available on Ebay. Slade wins.

Draco69
Maybe. Deathstroke kicked Batman's ass many times so it depends.

Mainstream
I know...but Batman has beaten Slade...I'm not saying
Batman is unbeatable...but Bruce tends to be able to win aganist someone he has beaten before...even if it was just bearly.

Draco69
If Slade was distracted by the others then maybe Bats would come up with something to stop him. It's all in the air.

Mainstream
that's what I like about comics...anyone could win..if the story is good enough.

Joker1237
Even Shredhead can win.

But the Shredder has some great plans, The Turtles win vs the Shredder, because hey there heros.

I mean how many times did the Joker lose to Batman?? Darkside lose th the JL??? it goes on and on, the villians has more loses than wins.

Joker has about 3 wins, He killed Robin, He killed Mis Gordan, and he cripple Batgirl. Thats it.

But his lossses out weight his wins easy.

Mainstream
comics can be one sided can't they...but think about it if Shedder beats the Turtles...that's the end of it.

Arsenal
Do you know how he beat them?

K3VIL
Deathstroke wins hands down, even with the Tengu Sword Shredder isn't in his league, Slade has the experience, the physical skills, the tactics and the brain.Shredder always gets defeated from the TMNT every time.But PLEASE, PLEASE, don't put here Deathstroke defeating the JLA or the X-Men cause those are proofs of crap writing.

Lord-of-Dreams
True. Anyway, we don't need that evidence to figure out who would win. Deathstroke is not beatable. Shredder is quite beatable. PERIOD!! Someone said a while ago that Shredder is also invincible, as he had his head removed, and walked away. But this is evidence of one of three things: crap writing, a Shredderbot thingy, or both the latter and the former.

Swanky-Tuna
How do you beat a green lantern with a sword?

Tron
Apparantly the same you beat Flash with one.wink

Seriously, I believe Deathstroke is the absolute shite, and could give most of the JLA trouble most times, but not in the way he did during Identity Crisis, that was pushing it.

Beyonder
Yeah, like having the word "period" in capital means anything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Someone said a while ago that Shredder is also invincible, as he had his head removed, and walked away. But this is evidence of one of three things: crap writing, a Shredderbot thingy, or both the latter and the former." rolling on floor laughing

Are you serious man? You obviously don't know about the new Shredder from the new TMNT do you? Crappy writting? A Shredderbot thing? Both? If you looked at the pics posted in the first post, that's the new Shredder we're using. And the new Shredder is really an Utron operating inside a robot, so removing its head does nothing to it. It's not crappy writting. It's not just a Shredderbot; the new Shredder is actually a robot. He fought a Triceraton and came out with only part of his leg missing. He got his head cut off, and he was still alive - the Utron is located in the stomach. But Deathstroke doesn't know that does he.

Euripides
If four mutated teenage turtles can figure it out so can Slade.

Swanky-Tuna
I will not accept the new TMNT. No Krang and no Casey Jones. A CASEY JONES THAT DOESN'T WEAR HIS MASK 24/7 IS NO CASEY JONES.

muffin man
We've all got to let go of the old series for the new alien and gothic turtles series.

the turtles fighting skill was diminshed by the Archie comics company.

jinzin
Seriously like someone said before, The tmnt can take on armies of ninja at a time, and the ninjas in the tmnt comics aren't crap ninjas ("the guys with the yellow shirts on star trek" cannon fodder) like the hand. These guys take out swarms of police and fbi agents (who have guns). The tmnt also have never straight out beat the shredder except for leo (meh he got lucky), they always get lucky and then get the hell out of dodge. In their first incounter shredder humiliated the turtles without even trying. They had to beat the guy by lobbing a grenade at him. If batman has serious trouble fighting a few ninjas at a time but he can take on slade and win than one has to assume that shredder can too. And I don't care how well slade's agility and senses (blah blah blah) he has, he doesn't have one way to keep from getting obliterated by a sword that can devistate entire armies.
Plus if shredder was to go super pffft this fight would be a farce. Super shredder can fly, teleport, hit you with lightning, napalm your ass, and is probably in the 4 or 5 ton class range if not higher.

Okay, shredder had command over an army of badass ninjas, an elite fighting squad that's about on par with the trutles, and sorcerors that could control the elements, THE FREAKIN ELEMENTS. shredhead was incharge of THEM for a reason, he is no pushover, not for slade or anyone for that matter, Hell iron fist knocked out the hulk using martial arts, Shredder is a master of his art with hundreds of years of experience he would decimate slade.

Euripides
You honestly believe that the Hand are "crap ninjas"?

Slade wins. He's a master tacitian. Shredder is out of his league.

jinzin
no but still they get they're asses handed to them in record numbers on well almost all of their appearances. and you are right shredder is out of his (slade's) league. lol

Euripides
The Hand got beaten by Wolverine, Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, and the X-Men. The TMNT ninjas got their asses handed to them by 4 turtles with martial art skills. It's not even a comparision.

If Slade can beat the JLA and the X-Men, then most certainly Shredder goes down. You are underestimating Slade. Shredder goes down. Hard.

Swanky-Tuna
Personally, I think if anything is defeated in crowd form, it's crap. That includes ninjas of any kind.

Lord-of-Dreams
Sorry, But I haven't been keeping up with the Turtles. But It's just as I said. Shredderbotthingy. It's a Shredder robot. And hence, Shredderbotthingy. And I personally think that that is the DUMBEST thing I've ever read in my whole life!!!!!!!(PERIOD!!!!) Also, this shows how sissy 'shredder' is. Get him near magnetic energy and he's toast, and don't tell me the wee man inside of him is powerful. So, no matter what, it's all Slade. But I must state that his beating both Flash and Lantern is a slap to my face.

Beyonder
It's not a wee man. Utron's are basically a Krang-like species. The Shredder Utron was a convict that escaped and wrecked his captor's (his fellow Utron) ship. He and the Utron's were stranded on Earth. They built themselves mechanical bodies so they can walk among humans. The convict Utron stole one of these mech suits and became Orokusa. When he puts on his armor (actual armor over the mech suit), he calls himself Shredder. Furthermore, when they crashed, it was back in ancient Japan. Shredder and his enemy, fellow Utrons who wish to return to their home planet, lived till the present century where Shredder battled his newest foe the TMNT.

Furthermore, you act as if just magnets would do. Shredder's armor is durable enough to stand up to fighting a Triceraton and the explosion of an oil rigg. I highly doubt he's stupid enough not have that magnetic thing negated; he is an Utron. And the man inside as you called, gave the turtles a hard time, was kicking there ass as well. That Utron was a pain to the turtles even when he doesn't have his suit.

Lord-of-Dreams
I don't care about durability. And that's not the point. The suit is not indistructable. Don't argue, you just said it was built on earth. And I don't give about his track record. Slade could easily smoke him. Shredderolaaaaaaa

Arsenal
SO I guess noone knows how DS beat the X-men?

Swanky-Tuna
If somebody explained it, everybody who read it would explode. Not to mention anybody beating Wolverine is a paradox in itself. His rampant fanboy power is too great.

Arsenal
I would like to hear it. It's interesting what tactics DS uses against powerful opponents. I really got into it when he was fighting the Justice League. I was hoping he would kill all of them but Ollie had to ruin it.

Beyonder
Yeah, built on Earth by unearthly beings. Even IF it was built by Earthlings, you make it sound so weak, as if Slade can't be beaten by anything below alien tech. Funny thing as well seeing as Slade himself is from Earth. Oh, Shredder in his last battle with the Utrons threw a bomb into the ground that literally infected their entire building and imploded the entire building - Donny couldn't do a thing to stop the detanation, nor could the other Utrons.

As for his track record, I guess then we shouldn't give a damn about Slade's track record either, huh?

Lord-of-Dreams
nope. I don't give a damn about Slade's past. And why does it matter where he is from?? Many of the GLs are from earth. And Apoc. was as well. Anyway, I said the materilas were from earth. So there is nothing new in that suit. Why do the builders matter?? Also, I don't care about Donny. Slade is smarter than he. Slade is stronger, probably faster, smarter, has healing(super healing) and really just can't be beaten. Shredderolaaaaaaaaaa

jinzin
Slade is deffinitely not stronger, like the other stated shredd when toe to toe with a bipedal dinosaur and held his own. And I don't remember if the actuall metals used to make the suits were earthbound or not, but it's not unlikely that they could have been built from the ship metals.....anyways i doubt that slade is smarter either as utroms are an incredibly intelligent species amonst the elite in their respective universe. Faster maybe (but it's still debatable). Healing? well if it counts for anything shredder's been blown up with explosives, and grenades, and he keeps comin back (in the words of mikey) "They always come back!"
But yeah I'm not underestimating slade at all, I think he's a great villain and he gets mad props, but speaking of underestimating, man the turtles are not just a few turtles with martial arts skills, These guys have duked it out with legions of monsters, cosmic threats, and ......uhhhhh other bipedal dinosaurs. Every one of them is probably about at snake-eys/stormshadow level in ninja ability (I mean their ninja training and pizza are the only things these guys have, it's their life.) and general asskickery, but that doesn't stop the shredder from humiliating them in nearly every encounter. Even if he was in trouble he has the sword of tengu to fall back on, an army of ninjas, army sized street gangs, utrom technology, elite ninjas, and mystics capible of controling the elements, He's in charge of all that for a reason. The fight could go either way one on one, but make mine shredder.
And if we're talking shredder going super this fight wouldn't even be funny, Super Shredder would just smack him with his random lightning bolts.

Lord-of-Dreams
I don't care about how Shredder has been licked. He's really a robot, ain't he? So... it's not miraculous. And if this is true, than he must be earth metal, as whatever metal he was made of before can't still be useful!!!! And it can't be that great if it was blown up.
OK, so he may be stronger... i really can't say. But Smarter... uhhnuhhn!! Never that! Slade's up there with Doom and me wink! Slade has this thing down. I don't care how good the Turtles are, Lantern and Flash could take them, easy. I mean, weren't they stumped by a dude in a hockey mask? lol!!!

jinzin
well the metal probably is still useful, (or was before it blew up) considering the fact that with the same tech, he made the sword of tengu, which is still pretty handy now.

Lord-of-Dreams
Not against Slade it aint!! As long as it's earth metalit can be beat. Slade could punch a hole in Shredder.

Beyonder
You evidence being?

jinzin
ummmm actually the blade that the sword of tengu is made of isn' from earth, thus all the nifty he-man powers he's got going on when he has it. so i still say slade's gonna have a tough time beating a guy that can devistate armies. HUNDREDS TO THOUSANDS OF WARRIORS. deathstroke's crappin in his pants. well maybe not but still.

Lord-of-Dreams
The sword isn't earthly?? Damn! that makes this harder to analyze!!
And my logic about slade punching through Shredder is this: Slade is extremly strong, right. Metalis tearable when in sheet form... Tons of comic folks do it, it's just the fad right now.

Beyonder
And it's not just a sword. This thing emits energy with every slash. That's how the turtles survived the elemental warriors of Shredder. They had it in their possession and Splinter used it to beat all those guys. Before they pulled the sword out, they were getting beaten. Afterwards, Splinter mopped the floors with them using the Sword of Tengu.

jinzin
he mopped the floors? there was more than one? lol

You may be right about slade being able to rip sheet metal apart but I have no idea how shredder's armor was designed, It got sent of a building and pounded with TONS of weight on top of it and resolved without a scratch so it's hard to say.

Lord-of-Dreams
Aye Caramba!!! So for now I'm calling it even...

jinzin
lol. smile

Mainstream
I vote for Slade..Deathstroke...or whatever the hell he likes to be called now a days.

CorderaMitchell
Shredder is more than capable of handing it to slade, he is simply to skilled at melee.

olympian
Stroke has better feats. Beating the justice league and teen titans isent a push over. He is also smarter due to using 90% of the ability of the brain while "normal" humans only use like 10%. Granted Shreeder isent a normal one but still.

"The Shredder has his hands full with a bunch of mutated turtles with a decent knowledge of martial arts "

Theres nothing "decent" about Thurtles knowlege of martial arts. im talking btw about the original comic versions not the lame tv ones. In that comic they killed all shreeders ninjas. leo and ralph are top tier in MA more than the others. They both had a win against shreeder ( who was badass in the original comic ) and Leo spcifically killed him in the end.

Deathstroke will win due to be enchanted in practically everything and having better weapons but dont dismiss the turtles.

The originals anyway.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by olympian
Stroke has better feats. Beating the justice league and teen titans isent a push over. He is also smarter due to using 90% of the ability of the brain while "normal" humans only use like 10%. Granted Shreeder isent a normal one but still.

No, that ten percent thing is a myth, you use all of your brain, but for different functions. That and the JLA losing is a feat of stupidity on their part, I mean a punching green lantern, c'mon.

"The Shredder has his hands full with a bunch of mutated turtles with a decent knowledge of martial arts "

Decent knowledge, these guys have dodged lasers and bullets and do super feats all the time, they are superhuman as well. They are masters. Still shredder is better up close.

Slade has problems with robin sometimes. A guy with no weapons.

Theres nothing "decent" about Thurtles knowlege of martial arts. im talking btw about the original comic versions not the lame tv ones. In that comic they killed all shreeders ninjas. leo and ralph are top tier in MA more than the others. They both had a win against shreeder ( who was badass in the original comic ) and Leo spcifically killed him in the end.

Yes they are powerful, but still no joke, how dare you call the tv turtles lame, lol.

Slade isn't perfect, he can be punched and kicked all the same, shredders' armor is yet another factor.

Deathstroke will win due to be enchanted in practically everything and having better weapons but dont dismiss the turtles.

The originals anyway.

Shredder's no pushover either, not by a longshot, these guys have faced tricerations, with extreme weapon superiority, my hat goes to the human can opener.

jinzin
wow....cordera.....we are.....in agreement......

?.....I'm scared....confused

CorderaMitchell
thats the third time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.