Darth Maul VS Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
What about this?

42Bardock
The problem is that we don'T know how Light sabres work on adamantium so I wouldn't know

K3VIL
Light Saber doesn't need to cut adamantium, it's sufficient stabbing it through Logan's heart.

Lord-of-Dreams
Well a light saber is just a beam of light, so... I doubt if it could hurt adamantium. Anyway, this is assuming that the beam hits wolverine...
remember, he is fighting back! I'm going for Maul though, the Force is with him!

42Bardock
But if it destroys his hard, wouldn't just a new one grow or something?
But yes the Force is probably a major factor

Lord-of-Dreams
Yep, I'm pretty sure that he would... unless Maul decides not to let him and uses the Force. But what level is his Force at?

42Bardock
I dunno actually I am not all that into thios midi-chlorian stuff you know

NoFate007
Maul would win, lightsaber or not. Wolverine isn't immortal. If he was stabbed in the heart, he would die. If he was cut in half, he's done. Head cut off, done. Plus Wolvy doesn't have the clairvoyance to predict the attacks like Maul does, so Wolverine probably wouldn't get any hits on Maul. And then Maul has the Force, so he could just send a barrage of Force Lightning or a simple Force Choke to beat the hell out of him. Wolverine is a good fighter, but he wouldn't stand a chance against a Force user, same case with just about every other superhero too.

IRTMU-Dragon
Your wrong Nofate... Wolverine was tossed into the sun and he survived, his body grew back on his skeleton with a little help.
THe lightsaber would no doubt heat up his admantium skeleton but would never cut through it, with his claws everytime maul tries to parry with his saber itd pass through his metal claws like a flashlight, and the force can be easily manuevared through with wolverines awesome agility and reflexes.

Whats the force do? Knock you down? Honestly.

srankmissingnin
What good is mild precog if your body isn't fast enough to react to your opponent? People say that Yoda jumping and spinning around puts him on the same level as Dare Devil or Spider-man... are you mad! Most street level martial arts have dodged bullets after they have left the chamber! Dare Devil has batted bullets back at the shooter and Wolverine has ran straight in machine gun fire and dodging it; do you have any idea how fast you would need to be to do any of this? The likes of DD, Black Panther and Cap all are able to calculate trajectory perfectly during combat in seconds (accurate to the nearest millimeter).

Where was the Jedi's skill when the were getting gunned down by Clone Troopers? If they can in fact amp their states why didn't Anikin and Obiwon break their chains in episode 2? Why was Obi Won owned by Jango feat? Why didn't Qui Jon's amazing Jedi precog tell him that Darth Maul was riding up behind him? Qui Jon couldn't even out run that slow moving droid transporter where as Deadpool has out ran a motorcycle. I actually like Star Wars, but come on Jedi are glorified Samurai with laser swords and low level tk and telepathy.

The movie Jedi STAND NO CHANCE, when you start to get into comic you basically have a bunch of different versions of Pyslocke and she has been pawned a great many a times by a great many a people. Clone Wars cartoon Jedi pawn most Street Level heroes and I hear EU has Vader use is Force on a planetary scale... so he kicks ass.

IRTMU-Dragon
I agree, im sorry but comparing a marvel character to Jedi is horrible...

Dont even insult Wolverine by thinking some guy that can jump around with a sword and can move things with his mind can beat him... I swear.

K3VIL
First Of All.Wolverine was walking into the sun with the body of the dead Jean Grey in his arms, and was burning, untile the Phoenix Force resurrect Jeanny, and she grants to Logan to survive and build a spaceship to reach the Earth.Without the Phoenix Force Logan would be dead.Wolverine has physical skills of a peak human man like Cap, but Darth Maul is a Sith, trained from childhood like Jedi to be a warrior.Understand?From childhood.I onestly doubt if Adamantium can resist to a light saber, maybe it would just clash into the light saber without passing through it, but anyway it would be a tough match.You probably don't understand that a Force user can see things before they happen, Logan is gonna stabbing Maul in the face?Maul see it before and counterattack.Maul was killed in the movie just because it was forced is dead cause he's the bad guy and Obi Wan the good guy, that for the continuity of Star Wars must survive to train Anakyn/Vader, if it wasn't for that, Lucas would allow Maul to deal the lethal strike to Obi Wan too, that was obvious inferior to Maul.The Force at Mauls level can emits shockwave knocking you down but can also emit lightnings, not so powerful as those of Count Dooku, but anyway of a considerable level.

srank when we talk about characters that can pown marvel characters you start to talk like a poor fanboy, probably you are.
The Jedi in Episode II where 20/30 Jedi against an ARMY.Understand?ARMY.They are not Superman, Flash or Thor, understand?
Obi Wan wasn't owned by Jango Fett, Jango simply escape, and was fighting from the range with his weapons, cause he knows that getting in close combat to a Jedi is equal to death, even for a killes bounty hunter like him, just see how Mace Windu behead him so easy.DareDevil deflecting bullets is simply crap, he's an olympic level athlete, not a peak human like Cap or Wolverine, that has also enhancede senses.
Low level telekinesis?Yoda move big rocks with the telekinesis.
You ask why Qui Gon wasn't able to see his own death?Cause Dark Side and Light Side are in contrast.As said in Episode II, the Sith's power can make the precog abilities of the Jedi less powerful, and Maul was obvious stronger than Qui Gon in every way.Skill, strenght, reflexes, and Force using.So his own power can avoid to Qui Gon to see important things like his dead or some deadly moves like those he use to kill the Jedi Master.Obi Wan and Anakin don't break the chains?They are not Hulk or other uber alles character.Chains are made of metals in the Star Wars universe that make Iron, Steel, or Titanium looking like butter in terms of resistance, so your reasoning aren't sensated.
Black Panther, Captain America, DareDevil, Wolverine, are street level, someone that a Jedi or a Sith of medium/high level can kill.
Spider-Man is street hero, not street level, he can hurl a ten ton or at max 12/15 tons when very stressed thing like a truck and throw it at you, he has about 15/20 times human reflexes, above those of Cap, BP, DD and Wolvie, same for the speed.So he's someone that can give a run for his money to a Jedi or a Sith but not your street level heroes.

who?-kid
I agree 100 %. And for those who still vote for Maul, don't forget that Wolverine has been fighting whole his life (over 100 years) and has faced much more dangerous enemies (alone and with the X-Men) than Maul can dream of.

If I have to choose between somebody who hasn't done that much (sorry Maul Lovers, compared with Wolverine he has little experience, face it) and someone who is in his own way an icon in Marvel, I know who to choose.

srankmissingnin
The are peak COMIC BOOK humans; there is a huge difference between them and what we would consider peak human in our world. Yoda caught some ruble and tossed it aside that is great and all but high level tk would keeping your floating palace in the air effortlessly through tk (ie Cable), medium is some where in between.

Darth Maul was riding up behind Qui Jon on a f'n speeder bike with out him having the slightest clue. It was never stated anywhere what the chains were made out of; you can't just assume (K3VIL you do this a lot) that it something that makes human metals look a child's toy in comparison. Besides Marvel's earth is million times more advanced then anything in Star Wars, I'm sure Reed has thrown out ideas that were a million times more advanced then the best of Star Wars and Marvel has a great many uber genius types.

Also in my last post I said the were gunned down by Clone Troopers but they weren't it was droids. Wolverine has fought 100s of hand ninjas (for some reason armed with machine guns) and takes light damage and comes out on top. Hand Ninjas are the top of the line assassins each of them at least skilled enough to beat twelve men in combat but a hundred of them are nothing to Wolverine, or even Dare Devil for that matter. Movie Jedi just can't compeat.

K3VIL
Assuming?I'm not assuming anything.Star Wars is thousands of years far from our timeline.Reed Richards device doesn't count, here i'm talking of the metal of the chains.It's obvious that in a far future they possess strong metals like the laser-proof doors in the Trade Federation ship.That means that the chains in the arena were stronger than normal metals on marvel earth, i mean, titanium or steel or iron.I don't talk of adamantium of vibranium, but anyway stronger than common metals.
Wolverine possess adamantium skeleton, heal factor, and claws.Jedi aren't laser-proof, they have the resistance to injury of a a peak human man but obvious not that of Logan, and they cannot heal from injuries like him.Obvious that with heal factor and indestructible bones you can walk through enemies like ninjas and continue fighting.
The Jedi knights where fighting hands of Clone Troopers equipped with laser rifles, guns, and grenades, and Jedi aren't in the league of Logan's resistance to injury this is known.That doesn't mean that 1Jedi Knight or a Sith cannot put down him.Sith and Jedi deflect lasers, doesn't mean they cannot evade them, but it's better send back attacks that just evade them especially if you possess close range weapons and you're fighting enemies with ranged weapons.You say that surely Jedi and Sith aren't in Logan's league, you wrote about Cable tk like lifting a palace or a building, in SW they aren't powerhouses, strong and all the other things but they are not freaking superheroes with uber alles powers.So your examples have no sense.Or i can just say Logan is TOAST against Superman, it's the same when you compare Yoda's tk with Cable's that actually has also god-like powers.Anyway i would like to see how the heat of a lightsaber through Logan's heart would work.90% Logan would be dead.

juggernaut74
I would say that a light saber would cut adamantium. Simply because the metal is and earth metal and light sabers were created by smarter more advanced people. Plus Maul has the force at his command and could probably force choke Wolvie to death. Oh and somebody said that light sabers blades were light when they are actuallly pure energy.

IRTMU-Dragon
Admanitum isnt a earth metal, neither is vibranium.

lightaxe
star wars should not be compared to comic books ever. Star wars characters are on a different level entirely, they are on human levels of strength and endurance, and anyway i dont think a lightsaber could cut through Wolvies claws. Hell one slash from wolverine and Maul is dead. Wolverine wins.

juggernaut74
What are you an amateur? Adamatium is a man made metal made by the U.S. government. Vibranium is a natural resource of Wakanda the Black Panthers home country. So logicaly a weapon made by a more advance civilization would undoubtably cut adamantium. Darth Maul should smoke Wolverine with little problem. But this isnt a Star Wars forum its a comic forum so Maul is not going to get any love.

crazyspinz
this just in wolvie can die of choking to death, and what can maul do?

'nuff said

IRTMU-Dragon
Juggernaut, shut up. Darth Maul is not on the level any marvel character is.

snoopdogg
good comeback. But hes right dude. Maul would own Wolvie hes got the force at his call and a double bladed light saber. He can pretty much see any attack Logan will come with before he does it. Logan goes down with a force choke. sick

IRTMU-Dragon
All the force is is just some magical telepathy... whats it gonna do? knock him down? And who cares if the light-saber hits wolverine he will just heal back, especially with a cauterized wound, which is what the lightsabers cause, no blood and its much easier to heal.
This VS forum is getting desperate now.

srankmissingnin
Cause we all know that the force choke is an instant win; oh wait... it isn't. The one time the force choke was used effectively was buy Vader against some random character... on that was standing still. Again the force requires a lot of concentration, so not only would Maul have to stand still to use the force choke but Wolverine as well and that is extremely unlikely.

Heres the thing K3VIL we know what the metals of marvels Earth are and we know that they have many metals that are much stronger and durable the real metals; on the other hand we don't know what metals Star Wars universe has. Guess what saying, "they must have stronger metals because it takes place in the future," is an assumption.

The worst thing about World of Warcraft is all the post I miss and have to read here

IRTMU-Dragon
look at it this way...
A Lightsaber is a concentrated beam of heated light... if admantium is indestructible (The hulk bent it, so what), this includes immpossible to melt, correct?
DONT tell me a lightsaber is hotter than the freaking sun, because wolverine got thrown into the sun and his admantium skeleton survived.

So in turn, a lightsaber would do nothing more than glide through his claws, making Maul's parrying of Wolvies claws impossible.

srankmissingnin
And it isn't like an energy sword is an original invention; there are at least a dozen in Marvel comics and none of them can cut through adamantium.

IRTMU-Dragon
Got that right. So even if Maul could see Wolverine's attack's he cant do crap to block them.

dami wilson
you guys just like to day dream. In reality if darth maul was as strong as he was he'd use the force to strangle and choke wolverine. He could also use the force to hold him in a hold where wolverine couldn't move. The light sabre can cut off his head which is wolvies weakest part and his balls. Maul can use the force to keep wolvie away or at bay. Remember how Darth Vader choked imperial troopers by simply staring at them? How is wolvie going to get even close to strike him if Maul uses the force to hold him back! Wolvie can only lift half a ton. The light sabre can cut into his heart and how long will it take for his body to form back after being burnt to cripes by the light sabre?

who?-kid
Sigh... Maul was killed by an older Jedi who wasn't half as good as Maul and by a young and not so experienced Padawan (Well, technically speaking, he was killed by a mere Padawan, not by Qui-Gon Jinn).

I think Maul is one of the most overhyped bad guys ever.

The Inkeeper
The force, well, the force can block wolverines windpipe, lift him up, throw him around....whatever
the lightsabre.....you saw one cut through blastdoors. You saw one cut of vaders hand, vaders suit absorbed blaster bullets.

I think if the lightsabre hit his claws, they would come straight off.

I swear to god, no way would wolverine win this.

Zahit
wolvering cannot lift 1 ton. that would be superhuman.
he does not have superhuman strength.
he can lift between 500 - 800 pounds.
that is documented in Marvel Universe Handbook.

anyway, this would be a good fight.
Each fighter would be somewhat stumped by the other.
"How can this runt keep getting back up and heal so fast?"
"What the hell is this guy doing with my head, aww great - another
telepathic/telekinetic ?"
Maul's use of the Force would probably be the deciding factor.

K3VIL
Why don't you use your brain so much as you use it to say Maul is overhyped?It' OBVIOUS that Maul has to lost against Obi-Wan or Episode I would be a no sense movie, cause how can Obi-Wan die in Episode I and in Episode IV aka STAR WARS the first movie?
They let Obi-Wan catching Maul in a lack of attention when he jump and catch the light saber with telekinesis, if Obi-Wan wasnt a key character for the saga, they'll let Maul killing him.Simple.

srankmissingnin
Berserker rage Wolverine is in the 1 ton range but he has many comic feats that put his normal self there as well; it is best not to go with stats from Handbooks.

I think any one who thinks a light sabre would cut through Wolverine's claws is a deluded Star Wars fan boy and can not be take seriously in any thread. Dogma's sword connected with Wolverine's claws as well has the Black Knights energy sabre... his claws are still there.

who?-kid
So when Maul gets his ass handed to him, it was only for scenario reasons, nothing more ? I only have to use my imagination for five minutes, and I can come up with better scenarios, fights or deaths than "bad guys falls into pit"...

I even wouldn't have killed him off, because he IS a cool character, I would have him fight Obi and Gui and so at least several times. Or let him threaten young Vader. Or betray his master. Or whatever, there are so many ways you could spice him up and make him more interesting.

But no, Lucas wanted him dead. Not me.

Another, more plausible solution for his death, could of course be... maybe Maul wasn't THAT good stick out tongue. Ow, the blasphemy...

The Inkeeper
Hang on, vader, strongest in the force. Beat by ob1 in ep-3.

Sooooo how isnt ob1 good enough for a man with butterknives in his knuckles

IRTMU-Dragon
Indestructible means non meltable, A lightsabre wouldnt do jack shit against Wolverines claws.

The Inkeeper
I disagree

laydiiplayette
In the X-men 2 movie, didn't that one guy say that you have to keep adamantium hot, or else once it dries, it is indestructable.

snoopdogg
In the Marvel Universe adamantium is allegedly indestructable. In the Star Wars Universe a Light Saber can cut threw anything. Take that how you will. But in a fight Wolvie is outgunned here. I mean come on all Maul would have to do is just force squeeze Wolvies balls and he will go down. It may sound funny but can happen. Plus in my professional opinion a saber would cut adamantium with ease.

srankmissingnin
Then you are a moron... but you listen to Snoop Dogg so I guess the two go hand in hand.

snoopdogg
What r u talking about fool your from Canada.

srankmissingnin
If that is supposed to be an insult then you really are a moron.

America... what a joke!

snoopdogg
wrong forum to debate this. But I must be a moron if I listen to snoop dogg and live in America.

srankmissingnin
No you are a moron for thinking a light sabre can cut through adamantium, I threw the Snoop Dogg thing in because I dispise rap and have no respect for people who listen to it. My second comment simple meant that saying I live in Canada is really bad insult since... I do for one (it can't argued) and I take it as a complement.

snoopdogg
Well you say that anybody who thinks a light saber can cut adamantium is a Star Wars fanboy. And you think adamantium is indestructable does that make you a Marvel fanboy or just a narrow minded jack@ss. Just so you know I am Black and most black people listen to rap music. But I am gonna let that comment on not having respect for people listen to rap music slide cause you must be a redneck canuck. You should keep comments like that to yourself.

Draco69
Blame Canada!

Just joking! But seriously don't diss us. We have a hundred ways to diss u back.

Share the love! Countries, nations and citizenship are meaningless here!

mr.smiley
i still think this should be an all out lightsaber battle.
give logan a lightsaber and darthmaul a lightsaber.
lets see if mauls jedi techniques are better than logans samurai techiniques

Kontraz
i give this one to maul with relative ease. Why?

1) lightsaber. IF it can cut through adamantium (which is indestructable, yet lightsabers can cut through ANYTHING). So, it depends on how you look at that situation....

2) force choke/kill. Draining the life force out of one's opponent.... healing factor cant regenerate his very soul... sorry wolvie..

Cosmo Kramer
I agree Rap is just another form of the devil! Extremely greedy rich white U.S. American Music Companies pay billions to gang bangers to play that shit on the radios for dubm pot smoking teens who really never stop to listen and hear how it endorces violence, guns, drug dealing (not using but selling for fistfulls of cash). It also degrades women and makes the public fear the black community.

Cosmo Kramer
And dont rednecks live in the southern states of the U.S.? laughing

Kontraz
no.... not really....

Cosmo Kramer
Then where do these so called Rednecks dreive from?

srankmissingnin
A Redneck in the traditional sense is a farmer who literally has a red neck from working under the sun.

I thought the only people who listen to rap where poser white kids from the burbs. I'm red neck because I like real music (you know with talent and instruments) appose to... well what ever rap is. Seriously knowing that some no talent loser can get filthy rich by using a drum machine, stealing the music form classic songs and rap the same rehashed gangster crap is insulting and makes everyone look bad. Not only that but now we have a generation of kids that look and talk like the rolled of an assembly line...

FrothByte
look moron, adamantium is the hardest material known in earth... and for the relative universe of earth. starwars characters come from a different universe, thus the rule for adamantium may not apply. as far as i know adamantium was never said to be invulnerable, they said it is VIRTUALLY invurnerable. quite different.

a light saber may cut through adamantium or it may not. regardless, you have no proof that it cannot cut through it, so i don't think its fair to call other people morons just because they don't agree with your fanboy opinion.

besides, even if it can't cut through adamantium, maul can still cut through wolvi. i don't care if he has healing, he doesn't heal instantaneously. it will be an easy win for maul.

Alpha Centauri
Darth Maul cannot heal can he?

Lightsabre or not, it has a blade. Wolverine has fought people with swords before and is capable of dodging weaponry. Darth Maul, alien or not, can be slice in half. Wolverine has enough ability to do so and is as good if not better at hand to hand combat.

Wolverine wins.

-AC

who?-kid
True, but nobody can proof that a light saber CAN cut through adamantium. Nobody knows for sure, that's why I think we can leave the light saber out of it, which is just a sharp sword (something completely new for Wolverine wink ).

At least Wolverine heals pretty fast, depends on the wounds of course. Darth Maul will bleed like a pig (and scream like it too) when Wolverine gets close enough and Maul will NOT survive an attack from his claws.

The only thing they have in common is that they're both killers and like to work with pointy weapons. But Wolverine is so much durable and experienced and can take much much more damage than Maul can. And, just to remind you, has faced much more dangerous enemies than Darth Maul can imagine.

Good but short fight. Wolverine wins.

srankmissingnin
Hulk has braced mountain ranges on his back and destroyed astroids bigger then Earth and he can't destroy adamantium (the best he has done is cracked it I though) so it really doesn't matter if adamantium can be destroyed because it sure as hell isn't happening by a light sabre. Thor is only able to dent second rate adamantium what the hell is an energy sword going to do?

Cosmo Kramer
Wait up here a minute. A lightsaber cant melt adamantium! Plus isnt there already a metal in Star Wars that lighsabers cant penetrate?

srankmissingnin
According to another thread they can't cut the skin of some alien lizards as well...

Cosmo Kramer
Well then its obviosly not going to cut through adamantium especiolly after watching Episode One where it had a hard enough time going throught the blast doors.

srankmissingnin
Shhhh the you'll upset the fan boys...

radioboy121
Yes, I inquiried about that before, but someone said their "walls" and other material are just more durable.

Regardless, it has not been proven which is more durable so it's silly to argue on that respect.

Second, as I mentioned in the Darth Maul vs. Elektra, can't Wolverine use Darth Maul's arrogance to his advantage? He might not catch about the healing factor thing immediatedly and if Wolverine fakes injury or plays possum, he could strike. There is no fast healers in the Star War continuum I don't think.

srankmissingnin
"Given sufficient mass, Adamantium can survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon or a blow from the most powerful superhuman."

This is a quote from the Wolverine Hand Book that came out in October. I sincerely doubt a Light Sabre even approaches the heat of a nuke.

IRTMU-Dragon
Admantium is indestructible guys... What is it with people and not understanding what indestructible means on this forum.

srankmissingnin
The Sith are using the power of the force to warp their fragile minds? Thats why only the strong willed people (also the smart people... go figure!) have a clue what they are talking about in Star Wars related threads.

IRTMU-Dragon
No... These people are acting like a lightsabre is hotter than the sun.
Wolverine got thrown into the sun, and his skeleton survived, his ADMANTIUM skeleton did not melt when it was IN the suns gases, and they had to use the phoenix force to even get his damn skeleton out it was so hot.
so if a lightsabre has more heat than the sun does, ill believe it can melt through his claws, otherwise itll just glide right through them like a flashlight.

juggernaut74
This is a serious question. Does anybody posting in this thread really have knowledge of the Star Wars universe? I have alot of knowledge on the Star wars and Marvel Universe. Adamantium is "virtually indesctrutable" as I remember. But a light saber cutting Adamantium can be debated forever but never will be revealed. Ofcourse the Marvel boys are gonna say yes and the Star wars boys are gonna say no. Maybe somebody should make a poll.

srankmissingnin
If a light sabre has failed to cut things in the past and nothing has succeeded in cutting or melting adamantium then the answer is clear. Isn't it? Choosing to believe a Light Sabre can cut adamantium seems like blind fan-boyism to me.

You have two options. 1) sit in the corner and cover your ears, rock back and forth telling your self it isn't true and that a Light Sabre can cut Adamantium as you slowly slip deeper into madness; 2) keep on posting that it can as you try to convince others (and secretly your selves) that it is true. There is a third option and that is to admit you are wrong... but that will never happen.

Cosmo Kramer
Darth Maul would get rocked by Wolverine! and then die a slow painful death.

The Inkeeper
Maul has the force, knows what wolverins is gonna do next, a sword and a lightsaber are very different things, where a sword can be stopped with whatever, a lightaber can only be stopped by another lightsaber.

Wolverine wouldnt even get close to darth maul if it was a straight 'kill' match. Force Choke.

The Inkeeper
You are a fool happy

you are aware 'blind fanboyism' can be used to describe your view that adamantium is INDESTRUCTABLE AGAINST EVERYTHING EVER!!!!!!!!! and not just a metal named after an 80s popstar.

A lightsaber hasnt failed to cut through things as far as i can remember, please enlighten me?

radioboy121
The inquiry was about the lightsaber taking so long cutting through that door for if it was so tough, it should have cut through it like a knife to hot butter.

Second, true adamantium hasn't truly been broken, only matched either by a select few natural, mystical, or man-made material.

The Inkeeper
it did cut through that door, and then the other door, and then the other.
See the way it didnt turn off, or snap when the door slammed down, that means its cut it happy

radioboy121
No, the inquiry was about the time it took - the indestructible as the lightsaber is being illustrated is that it would cut that door instantly, meaning no delay. That did not happen.

There is no logical information at the moment to go either way, so there is no reasoning to say choose one over another.

K3VIL
The lightsaber doesn't need to cut Logan's bones, the energy blade can easy pass through his ribs, and the energy would frie Logan's heart with the amount of heat it emits.Easy.

The Inkeeper
Look at how thick the door is, and how thick the clws are.
Theres a large difference

srankmissingnin
A light saber obviously isn't that hot if it was it would be able to be emitted from the metal handle with out melting it and the users hands would be burned because of the close proximity.

The Inkeeper, you my friend are a dumbass. Adamantium isn't named after a rock band from the 80's it is named after the metal Adamantine from Greek mythology. I would like you to elaborate on how believing that Adamantium is indestructible, a fact that has been stated and restated hundreds of times in the comics, is and act of fanboyism but pulling out that a Light Saber can cut anything out of your ass isn't.

It was stated in a previous thread THAT LIGHT SABERS CAN'T PERICE THE SKIN OF AN ALIEN LIZARD.

Be honest The Inkeeper, have you ever read a marvel comic?

Edit: Bone claw Wolverine can cut thourgh 6 inches of solid steel for christ's sake! He would have gotten through the blast doors quicker then Qui Gon.

K3VIL
SOLID STEEL.Read what you wrote.Solid steel.A blast door isn't build with the steel we all known it's obvious build with a non terrestrial metal.
So Logan cannot pass through it quicker than someone with a light saber.And don't you remember Maul's lightsaber passing through Qui Gon's body like it was butter?It can pass through Logan flesh, not adamantium bones, but the energy blade would destroy his heart, killing him.

The Inkeeper
I have stated before ihavent read a marvel comic.

I would have thought, that you being able to call me a dumbass would make you intelligent, but that obviously isnt the case if you took my adam ant statement seriously roll eyes (sarcastic)

In no cannon star wars related film, show, cook comic or anything is a lightsaber used to attack a lizards skin, therefore how do you know what you said is a fact? A lightsabre is a beam of intensified light, like from a blaster pistol, a blaster pistol kills Grievous, a LIZARD- like creature, so im assuming a lightsaber -can- cut through an 'alien lizard'

6 inches of steel? those THREE metal doors were about 2 feet thick you know?

No way would he have gotten through.

A bullet took out wolverine for a few minutes, i really think alightsaber could.

Draco69
Adamantium vs. Lightsaber : A mystery that will never be solved.

Cosmo Kramer
No, a mystery that will hopefully never leave this thread...ever!

Paola
srankmissingnin: no name calling here!

Lord Shadow Z
He has a point there, rap music is shit.

Tron
Keep the insults to yourselves people.

Lord Shadow Z
So "rap music" is a person then. I apologise to the member named "rap music" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tron
Did I say "Keep the insults to yourself Lord Shadow Z"?

That comment wasn't specifically for you.

Lord Shadow Z
Well you posted it after my post which meant you were including me also in the "people" who were insulting each other. Next time write "all you people except Lord Shadow Z" then I won't feel I needlessly targeted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
Bone claws cutting though steel is BS.

Whether lightsabres can cut adamantium doesn't really matter. Wolverine is still susceptible to getting hacked apart at the joints and the ever popular beheading.

And I thought cauterizing a wound prevented regeneration?

Anyways, I have to go with Maul on this one.

Lord Shadow Z
I go with Maul as well. He's got the force and a single gesture could have Wolverine being strangled, having his heart frozen, lungs squashed etc. That would enable Maul to do a sustained assault with twin lightsabers which would finish him off because I believe even if a lightsaber can't cut through adamantium the organ damage from such an intense concentrated heat would be enough to effectively **** him up.
But , Maul must be on the top of his game and not underestimate Wolverine or he's the one in the coffin.

dami wilson
you sure did have to stretch for that one. "Healing Factor at it's Peak" is still a healing factor, not a regenerative factor. The point is Wolverine has been exaggerated. Go back to the dude who knows the x-men better then anyone else. There was an issue in which Mystique is going through her version of a Danger Room practice, only her opponents are X-men. She slits the Wolverine replica's throat, stating that even with his quick healing abilities they wouldn't be quick enough to save him. Written by Chris Claremont! Now adays metal or no metal you can't hurt him no matter what. Here's another contradiction, they used to say that Adamantium was powerful, but also was somewhat like surgical metal which helped in the bonding process, yet they retracted that when Wolverine went to Genosha and had his powers turned off, in effect the metal was killing him. I know I know I'm all over the place and I've deviated from my main point. Due to fanboys Woverine has basically become Superman. He can fight anybody, he can't be hurt, he's unstoppable, he can't be beat. Da mn just give him a red cape and a big S on his chest. (don't forget to put a capital B in front of that S.)

Report this post | IP:Logged

Havoc470
if maul was killed that easily by obi-wan i dont see how wolvie wouldnt be able to do the same

Swanky-Tuna
So you're saying wolverine is the equivilent of a jedi? Force powers and all?

K3VIL
Do you understand the victory of Obi Wan was forced?Do you understand Obi Wan is a key character in the saga, they can let him die in Episode I or how they would explain what happens in Episode IV?

Havoc470
no, im saying that darth maul doesnt have anything that wolvies never faced before (besides the lightsaber), but im basing this on the fact that their from completely different universes and adamantium will hold up against a lightsaber, theres nothing that proves they will or wont hold up against eachother, but taking into consideration that they're from different companies, you have to assume they would

Havoc470
so then if youre gonna talk about it like that, wolvie would win because darth mauls already dead....

K3VIL
Why don't you use the brain?It's a VS topic we all know Maul is dead.

Swanky-Tuna
With the Force, this fight would be a lot like Wolverine fighting a clone of himself with a sword he can't block and spider sense. And no healing. I don't see how he can win.

dami wilson
In the Marvel Universe adamantium is allegedly indestructable. In the Star Wars Universe a Light Saber can cut threw anything. Take that how you will. But in a fight Wolvie is outgunned here. I mean come on all Maul would have to do is just force squeeze Wolvies balls and he will go down. It may sound funny but can happen. Plus in my professional opinion a saber would cut adamantium with ease.

SO END OF STORY!

Havoc470
as i've said, DIFFERENT COMPANIES, so what if a lightsaber could cut through anything IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE, a few years ago they made a weapon in star wars called a vibro-blade that can stop a lightsaber...your "professional" opinion is just a biased one

thats my point -_-

i said it because youre bringing up obi-wan having to live to help the movie make sense, so i think you should use your brain, its a VS topic, we all know obi-wan has to live -_-

again, nothing proves the sword cant be blocked as its been shown it doesnt cut through thick doors easily (episode1) and that vibro-blades can block a light-saber

if you've read the darth maul comic before he was killed, you'd see that his prowess is nothing wolvie hasnt faced before in much greater numbers

Havoc470
allowing the influence of the star wars universe and not taking the marvel universe into consideration is just one-sided, so saying "darth maul would win because the star wars guys said lightsabers cant be blocked" (although he made types of weapons specifically to stop lightsabers) you have to take into consideration that the marvel guys said that "adamantium is the strongest metal in the MU" if not.....then its a one-sided battle giving darth maul the perks and wolverine nothing at all (especially since he's been around longer)

Capt_Fantastic
This is a really good question, given their fighting skills and experience. But, the lightsabre really does tip the scales in this situation. I'm sure a lightsabre could penetrate the matal on Wolvies bones. But, you also have to take the healing factor into consideration. I'm sure this would be one hell of a fight. Good question.

Havoc470
if wolvie were in the star wars universe then yeah, i agree, but then that would basically be making the battle completely one-sided, seeing as their from different universe i think it would be right to say that lightsabers and adamantium cancel eachother out, thats only to make it even though.....wolvie has a healing factor and that would tip the scales but thats part of wolvie, not the universe he lives in

who?-kid
So let me get this straigth : the ONLY reason for the lame defeat of Maul by the young and unexperienced Padawan, is for scenario-reasons ? Like Star Wars is scenariowise some timeless masterpiece, with unexpected plot twists, in depth characters and poetic dialogue.

Sure...

Of course Obi has to live (duh) but there were lots of other possibilities for Darth Maul to come back. But no, Lucas wanted him dead.

Havoc470
it would've been cooler if liam neeson stayed in that place alone with darth maul and they fought eachother to the death......damn lucas, kills off the cool character and leaves jar-jar

Swanky-Tuna
Consider this; What if a mediocre jedi/sith is as good or greater than Marvel's top street level characters?

I just blew-your-mind.

who?-kid
That's only your opinion, nothing more.

Havoc470
keyword: what if

but "i just blew-your-mind" added a nice zing to it

Lord-of-Dreams
Well Havoc. This whole thing is just a bunch of 'what ifs'. When will the two ever fight? Huh? Exactly. But due to recent votes, I am revoking my own, and changing it to the Wolverine's side. I didn't realise how sissy The Force is (lol).

IRTMU-Dragon
Darth maul is stupid.

Kelly_Suxxxors
Alright, kids. I registered here for the sole purpose of clearing up this nonsense for you, so listen and listen good.

Until the New Jedi Order series, Star Wars took place in one (count it) one galaxy. In the NJO another galaxy was discovered and its inhabitants (The Yuuzhan Vong) couldn't be felt in the force. The jedi couldn't force choke them, anticipate their moves, etc. .......This made the Jedi rethink their views on the force, the general consensus thereafter being that the force wasn't all-binding and that only things within their original/known galaxy were made up of "The force."

*ahem.* Also, the lightsaber has NEVER had the reputation of being able to cut through anything. The lightsaber is ultra-sweet (This is true)and it cuts through flesh and a lot of other things like they were butter, but there have always been things that lightsabers couldn't cut through. Vibro Blades, Amphistaffs, and Vonduun crab armor are all capable of withstanding a lightsaber strike.

Some idiot here proposed that since star wars takes place in the future that they're capable of constructing stronger materials than Marvel is..

Newsflash: A LONG TIME AGO, in a galaxy far far away.....

Alright, with these things established, onto the match.

Darth Maul Vs. Wolverine

Wolverine comes from a different galaxy and is therefore rendered invisible in the force. (Note the galaxy/yuuzhan vong clause as seen above.) This means that Darth Maul does not get the pleasure of knowing what Wolverine's going to do before he does it, he can't touch Wolverine through the force, no choking etc......Darth Maul's force powers in this fight are limited to the enhancement of his own body. He can still use the force to jump extra high and to use his weapon effectively, but he definately loses a lot of those nasty dark side power advantages.

Conversely, Wolverine's heightened senses are not rooted in the force and so he gets to keep them, which in this scenario would make him the one who knows what moves are going to be made before they are...well, kinda. It's probably not that precise, but it's more than Maul's got in that area.

So far we've got Maul with Force enhanced agility, speed, a deadly saber-staff, and 20 years of jedi fighting experience, oh wait...the sith were in hiding for a long time, so chances are Maul didn't really fight a lot of Jedi, but I'm sure he killed plenty of other people......

And then we have Wolverine, probably not as fast as Maul is when using the force, but he's undoubtedly stronger (You'd have to be in order to carry 80 pounds of heavy metal on your bones.) and his animal senses are likely to give him better initiative. He has the ability to heal damage, and the guy's got over 90 years of baddie fighting experience,oh wait....yeah 90 years of baddie fighting experience.

Now onto the controversy. Claws, Scissors, Sabers? What cuts what?

Alright, how about for the purposes of this duel, we just say the blades can't cut eachother. This way they can have one of those epic battles where they clash and push against eachother, having to seek out eachother's internal organs for a chance to win the fight, etc.

Things worth taking into account: Because of his healing factor, Wolverine is more adept at trading blows. When two deadly warriors fight eachother with deadly weapons, it's usually safe to say that the person who strikes first is the victor. However, this isn't an ordinary pairing so even though Maul is Faster, Wolverine can take more of a beating. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Wolverine accepted a critical wound from Maul for the purpose of administering a mortal wound upon our sith friend. I'm of the opinion that Maul's speed and Wolverine's constitution cancel eachother out because it could go either way when based on that alone.

So what does it all come down to? It's simple.

Maul's 20 years of sitting in his bedroom, perfecting his moves, waiting for the day he'll get to fight a real Jedi.

Wolverine's 90 years fighting bonified badasses.

My prediction then? Darth Maul gets a good start, uses his dark side training, making every effort to intimidate or otherwise inspire fear by inflicting superficial wounds on Wolverine. When the sith teachings have failed to gain him the upperhand, he becomes more and more angered by his lack of ability to sense Wolverine in the force. He bathes in that anger, letting it take over, making an overhead slash down at Wolverine's head. Wolverine raised his right hand to block, catching the saber's blade between two claws. The pain he feels as the saber burns away the skin on his knuckles inspires a rage of his own. Wolverine pivots on his left foot with a furious howl and shoots his left hand out in an upward arc towards Maul's neck. It's a shame. If wolverine existed in the force, Maul might have executed a deadly counter, but instead his feet are dangling a few inches off the ground. The only thing supporting his weight is the single claw through his throat.

Ok. When I started this I'd already been awake for 46 hours, so ignore the typos and such. Thank you very much. Sorry to all the disappointed Maul fans but hey, I did the research, I answered the stupid fanboy question with a conclusion as realistic as a stupid fanboy question can be answered.

-KDOTW

Cosmic Cube
Wow.

K3VIL
Darth Maul can proceed to cut Wolvie's throat and chop his hands, that will remain on the skeleton, but the injuries will be serious, then Maul can telekinetically block him and behead him.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Kelly_Suxxxors

Wolverine comes from a different galaxy and is therefore rendered invisible in the force.

Nice post, but how do you know that the Earth is not in the same galaxy then the SW galaxy? I mean, maybe similar life was formed in another planet?

But anyway, that is an good post. And I believe that Wolverine will win too.

srankmissingnin
If Maul uses his duel light saber in a fight with Wolverine he is going to loss the fight in under a minute. It is an impractical weapon that leaves many openings a requires you to spin to use it, any fighter with a ounce of skill will capitalize on this and take Maul out.

And wow, nice post Kelly_Suxxxors.

Kelly_Suxxxors
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Nice post, but how do you know that the Earth is not in the same galaxy then the SW galaxy? I mean, maybe similar life was formed in another planet?

But anyway, that is an good post. And I believe that Wolverine will win too.

Well, being that us here on Earth were subjected to the opening line "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.", I'm led to believe that star wars does in fact take place in a Galaxy far, far away from our own.

Kelly_Suxxxors
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If Maul uses his duel light saber in a fight with Wolverine he is going to loss the fight in under a minute. It is an impractical weapon that leaves many openings a requires you to spin to use it, any fighter with a ounce of skill will capitalize on this and take Maul out.

And wow, nice post Kelly_Suxxxors.

Correct. The Saber-Staff is indeed less than practical. The only reason Maul has been able to use it effectively in the past is because the force has let him anticipate an opponent's moves, thereby making the penalty for using such a weapon minimal. When fighting someone that can't be sensed in the force, however, he would be at a considerable disadvantage.

Swanky-Tuna
Are we using EU stuff? 'Cause if we are, we almost can't use the movies since they're not in the same continuity as the comics and some of the novels.
And if we aren't, that kind of lops off some of Suxxies point.
Some idiot here proposed that since star wars takes place in the future that they're capable of constructing stronger materials than Marvel is..

Newsflash: A LONG TIME AGO, in a galaxy far far away.....
Here's some breaking news from Thing it Through Press: Future's past can still be present's future!
That's the whole point of the sith/jedi bladeforms. To use them so there are no, or as few as possible, openings.

CorderaMitchell
Would the adamantium be cut by the saber the stats were that the sabers were indeed very hot and strong.

Kelly_Suxxxors
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

That's the whole point of the sith/jedi bladeforms. To use them so there are no, or as few as possible, openings.

As far as EU goes, I think comics should be excluded because they don't come under the microscope as much as novels do. As far as the EU novels go, I think that ones taking place before episode 1 should also be excluded because they do on occasion conflict with existing plots etc.

But the things that take place after ROTJ? Those we can keep because Lucas never covered that territory. It was free game and he allowed the publication of these free game novels. And the truth of the matter is that Lucas didn't even write the original star wars, and so it would be kind of idiotic to believe that in order for a star wars story to be valid it has to be written by Lucas.

That being said, much of the jedi/sith saber proficiency revolves around the force. In a format where you have ranged weapons that are plenty deadly, the Jedi's melee capabilities are largely dependant upon the force. If they couldn't sense things in the force, they'd be getting their asses handed to them by any fool with a blaster. (Which is why those of us outside the force don't use swords much anymore.)

Now, of course, there's two sides to force advantage. The force lets you know your body and movement and let's you know your opponent's body and movements. When either of those is lacking, you'd be better off with a blaster.......unless, of course, you're a mutant that can withstand ridiculous amounts of physical punishment.

Swanky-Tuna
I just think we should just use EU or movies but not both on account of the discrepancies.

Kelly_Suxxxors
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I just think we should just use EU or movies but not both on account of the discrepancies.

Well, if we were to go strictly by movies and not take into account the stories surrounding the movies in written form, then in that light, Darth Maul's loss is even more obvious. His role in Star Wars as pertaining to the movies is rather insignificant. What did he do? He killed Qui-Gon. That's about it as far as the movies go, which in hindsight is pretty irrelevant because Qui-Gon discovered how to become a ghost so he could hang out with Kenobi and drink tea on Tatooine. lol.

Without EU, I wouldn't have even considered Maul Vs. Wolverine to be an interesting battle.

Swanky-Tuna
It's not "He killed Qui-Gon." It's "He killed Qui-Gon." Jajajaja

DarkCrawler
Well, being that us here on Earth were subjected to the opening line "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.", I'm led to believe that star wars does in fact take place in a Galaxy far, far away from our own.

Meh, stupid me. stick out tongue

xxxpoppunker182
if we're talking about jedi VS X-men its anything goes.right? like the jedi have all of there force powers and can use them against the X-men none of that different galaxy bullshit atherwise someone could right a book on how X--men can't use their mutaions because of some wierd arasol an alien parasite made. i know it wouldnt happen but lets just stick with jedi and everything that comes with that and xmen and anything else that comes with bein one.

this is what lightsabers can and cant cutt through

A lightsaber can cut through anything (blast doors and enemies alike) except another lightsaber blade . The only known exceptions to this rule are: the cortosis ore, capable of repelling or even shorting out a lightsaber blade (as shown in the novel I, Jedi and the video game Knights of the Old Republic), an unnamed metal superconductor used for ship armour hundreds of years before the Empire (as shown in the novel Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover), so-called Mandalorian Armor(it really isnt just mandalorian armor its plated with krayt dragon scales) (as shown in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith comic), and certain types of energy shields. Cortosis ore sets up a feedback loop in the lightsaber blade assembly which shuts it down. In the novel series Jedi Apprentice it is shown that a lightsaber blade will short out if it comes in contact with water, however a specially designed saber such as Kit Fisto's can be used underwater effectively.

thats just for the record on lightsabers

CorderaMitchell
thank you for the update

Creshosk
The irresitable force meets the immovable object paradox. . .

Swanky-Tuna
I think it's more beneficial if he can't cut the adamantium. He can just whirl his blade in Wolverine and keep searing the meat off the bones.

It'd like Wolverine trying to cut a flashlight.

CorderaMitchell
Yea I hear you there but it sounds kind of.......... distasteful.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Yea I hear you there but it sounds kind of.......... distasteful.
I can't say I'd make a clean jedi.

Next Venom_girl
Found this pic and was wondering about it...
Looks like Wolvie's getting his arse handed to him.

DigiMark007
I'm tempted to bump this over to the SW forum to let the Star Wars fans shred Wolverine in this fight. It's been around for a while though, and I'm pretty sure it just got bumped.

So I'll "grandfather" it in under the "no SW characters" rule in the forum rules, thus keeping it here....just no new SW fights in this forum. They're more welcome in the SW forums...though SW and regular comics rarely mix well anyway.

Piedmon
Wolverine would murderize Darth Maul. Maul is just 12th level, and Wolverine would at least be a good 20. The skill difference between them is astronomical.

Swanky-Tuna
Not if Maul uses level 4 dance of blades.

Piedmon

YOU CAN'T PROVE TO ME LIFE EXISTS OUTSIDE OF D20.

Metalmanx
So...I guess it's been established that Darth Maul would murder Wolverine? Cuz that sounds right.

Jose123
I think the light saber could cut Adamantium. It would take days or maybe weeks and months or even years of keeping it in one spot but I think it can cut it on the molecular level. Can't Silver Samurais Tachyon sword cut through anything and Wolverine still Parry's it with his claws. I think that the sword works in the same way the saber does. ****ing things up on the molecular level. It's just that the adamantuim is so strong and dense and the molecule are so tightly packed together it would take time for it to cut through.

Then again all this wouldn't help in a fight. All of that being said if Maul gets all of his force powers and training he can kick wolverines ass. Healing factor and all the training in the world isn't that much of a help when up against the force. And even if wolverines knocked out and begins to heal the damage what's stopping Maul from walking up to his body and begin slicing chunks of meat and bone and muscle and organs off of wolverine. If it doesn't kill him he still wouldn't be able to move without the muscle that moves his body taken out. And if he heals that what's stopping Maul from beginning the process all over again. That counts as a win for me.

Maul takes this 8/10 times

Family_guy725
maul wins he has longer range and the force he will simply force push wolvie into the bottomless abyss that is in every single spaceship in SW

srankmissingnin
The force means less then nothing in a melee battle. Maul (like all Jedi/Sith) doesn't have the concentration needed to do anything other then maybe a well timed force push in the middle of melee combat. In order for Maul to do something like force chock, lighting or constant force push both him and Wolverine would both need to stay perfectly still... and that isn't going to happen

Wolverine is physically superior to Maul and Maul brings nothing to the table that Wolverine hasn't seen and overcome half a dozen times. Jedi or glorified samurai with low level precog and telekinesis.

Metalmanx
...Are you serious?

Come on. A jedi/sith lord moves so much faster than Wolverine could ever hope to.

Advanced senses, limited precog during fights (yes, during fights), superior reflexes...

A freakin lightsaber helps, too. Truth be told, no one can say whether a lightsaber will cut through adamantium or not. I think it can, others think it can't.

Neither is correct nor incorrect until the other is proven wrong. And in order for that to happen, the Marvel Universe and Star Wars universe must clash in a canon crossover. And well, that's just not going to happen.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...Are you serious?

Come on. A jedi/sith lord moves so much faster than Wolverine could ever hope to.

Advanced senses, limited precog during fights (yes, during fights), superior reflexes...

A freakin lightsaber helps, too. Truth be told, no one can say whether a lightsaber will cut through adamantium or not. I think it can, others think it can't.

Neither is correct nor incorrect until the other is proven wrong. And in order for that to happen, the Marvel Universe and Star Wars universe must clash in a canon crossover. And well, that's just not going to happen.

How can you even start to believe that a light sabre can cut through adamantium? Take the star wars bedsheets of your bed and open your eyes budy, if it can't cut threw cortosis alloy and is repelled by Vader/Durge's armor it isn't cutting threw adamantium, heck it isn't even scratching it.

And please tell me why you think Jedi are faster then Wolverine? Because they block lassers that move 10 times slower then any bullet? Good for them I guess.

Metalmanx
How can you even start to believe that a light sabre can cut through adamantium? Take the star wars bedsheets of your bed and open your eyes budy, if it can't cut threw cortosis alloy and is repelled by Vader/Durge's armor it isn't cutting threw adamantium, heck it isn't even scratching it.

And please tell me why you think Jedi are faster then Wolverine? Because they block lassers that move 10 times slower then any bullet? Good for them I guess.

Did it ever occur to you that those lasers move as fast as lasers actually do and that they repel them back because they've got enhanced speed, enhanced reflexes, and precog? Hm, guess it didn't.

Yea, you're right. The lightsabers can't cut through those few exceptions in the STAR WARS UNIVERSE. Who knows what would happen if a Star Wars lightsaber were to try and cut adamantium. It could work, it might not work. This was the basis of my last post. WE DON'T KNOW. You can't assume things since the two universes have never met.

WindDancer
I'm basing my opinion on a observation.

In Episode I when Qui-gon and Obi were trap inside the ship. Qui-gon pulls out his lightsaber and tries to cut through a metal door. It takes him quite a few minutes for the blade to penetrate the other side of the slide door.

How in the mightest reason of a universe could a lightsaber be able to cut through Adamantium in a split second?

Given that observation I don't see how the crystals (which helps power up the blade of a lightsaber) of a Sith be any more powerful than the crystals of a Jedi?

Not even by a long shot. Darth Maul can't cut Adamantium with a single slash.

Jose123
Originally posted by WindDancer
I'm basing my opinion on a observation.

In Episode I when Qui-gon and Obi were trap inside the ship. Qui-gon pulls out his lightsaber and tries to cut through a metal door. It takes him quite a few minutes for the blade to penetrate the other side of the slide door.

How in the mightest reason of a universe could a lightsaber be able to cut through Adamantium in a split second?

Given that observation I don't see how the crystals (which helps power up the blade of a lightsaber) of a Sith be any more powerful than the crystals of a Jedi?

Not even by a long shot. Darth Maul can't cut Adamantium with a single slash.

I think they can't cut through adamantuim that quickly. Eventually they will but it might tak days or months or years.

This match depends on both opponents their skills and their powers instead of their weapons.

srankmissingnin
Did it ever occur to you that those lasers move as fast as lasers actually do and that they repel them back because they've got enhanced speed, enhanced reflexes, and precog? Hm, guess it didn't.

*sigh*

When you can see C3PO moving on the screen the same time as the lasers are being fired you can get a pretty good idea of the relitive speed of those blasters... unless you think C3PO's clunky shuffle breaks the sound barrier those lassers aren't near as fast as a bullet.

Metalmanx
If that's how you want to look at it, fine. If I was making a movie with laser beams and such, I'd want to show them off on screen, too, make them visible so people can see what kind of firepower the characters wielded.

Remember during the Episode IV, when the X-Wings are attacking the Death Star? Do you remember how fast those lasers were? They were just flashes on the screen, which is how a laser works. They can speed it up during space scenes, because everything is moving much faster. But the laser is slowed down so the audience can witness the futuristic battle scenes instead of being bombarded with epileptic flashes.

srankmissingnin
If that's how you want to look at it, fine. If I was making a movie with laser beams and such, I'd want to show them off on screen, too, make them visible so people can see what kind of firepower the characters wielded.

Remember during the Episode IV, when the X-Wings are attacking the Death Star? Do you remember how fast those lasers were? They were just flashes on the screen, which is how a laser works. They can speed it up during space scenes, because everything is moving much faster. But the laser is slowed down so the audience can witness the futuristic battle scenes instead of being bombarded with epileptic flashes.

Who knows, maybe the X-Wings have better weaponry?

who?-kid
...Both great fighters blah blah blah both street smarts blah blah blah both tough and strong willed blah blah blah...

BUT !

Wolverine IS tougher, more experienced and has much more impressive feats (some people even whisper he can hold his own for a short amount of time against Spider-Man !!), so I give it to Logan.

Swanky-Tuna
You know... Cortosis alloy is supposed to be fairly fragile. The fact that it resists lightsabers is a special property of the metal. Comparing the two's defense against lightsabers based on durability would just be stupid.

After Vader got armored up, he was still slated to help wipe out the jedi so it'd make sense that his armor would be built with some resistance to sabers in mind considering it kept him alive.

I can't find anything on Durge's armor but if he was said to of killed hundreds of jedi he'd have to be packin'.

Melnorme
This is silly. Wouldn't Darth Maul just force-choke Logan until he died?

who?-kid
He can try. Don't know if it will work. I doubt it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>