When you're not true to yourself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Have you ever felt down or mad because you weren't true to yourself?

vaya_the_elf
Sometimes

Guess it happens every now and then..

Why do you?

Morning_Glory
sometimes erm

JToTheP
Yes, and it's weird, lately I've been acting quite BETTER overall for my job/friends/myself and I feel strange about it afterwards. I guess I'm used to second-guessing myself so much, but yes I have felt like that.

BlackC@t
Yes I do Vaya.

I feel mad at myself because before now, I thought the phrase "Stay true to yourself" meant something else. But now I know what it really means.

And I should have done it but haven't...it's too late to make up for it now.

Silver Stardust
Sometimes, yes.

vaya_the_elf
It's never to late. Better Now, then never. .

Sex_kitten
Hmmm...sometimes I wish I wasn't so true to myself. I'm just so out there and open, certain people just can't except me.

But to the actual question, yes.

BlackC@t
I'm afraid it is too late. It seriously can't be taken back.

BlackC@t
Being true to yourself is about saying things about you that you want to say, and more things too.

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't true to myself or my friends one time and it caused some trouble that I never want to happen again, for many reasons.

Hence why I am now upfront, brutally and sometimes offensively honest and don't waive my beliefs for anything.

You can call me arrogant, call me offensive but one thing's for sure, with me you ALWAYS know where you stand. Friends and foes.

Best way to be 90 plus percent of the time.

-AC

BakaXero
true to yourself...

BlackC@t
Being true to yourself is difficult...

Alpha Centauri
No it's not. If you do what you believe in and aren't easily compromised, it's easy.

-AC

BlackC@t
But what if others might not accept that you praise them a lot, and you feel like a jerk because you were being a bit of a kiss-ass and not entirely telling the truth...

lucija
yes, quite often sad

BlackC@t
sad

Alpha Centauri
"But what if others might not accept that you praise them a lot, and you feel like a jerk because you were being a bit of a kiss-ass and not entirely telling the truth..."

Then tell the truth and don't be a kiss ass.

-AC

BackFire
Those are the words I live by.

BadKitty
AC is right . don't lose your integrity by becoming a sycophant...you don't need to flatter anyone,but you don't have say what you feel if it's negative either...sometimes silence is golden.

The Tired Hiker
*keeps mouth shut* GOLDEN!!! smile

Baylin
I think being true to yourself can be harder when your younger because of peer pressures and stuff, but... well.. you've got rise above it because utimately if your not true to yourself, you wont be true to others and will end up alone and miserable...

Alpha Centauri
They're your friends Cat, why on Earth do you need to polish their apples to get them to like you more or for any reason?

My friend walked out of the barbers the other day looking completely stupid, I told him so. Made a joke of it of course, but I didn't give him false words just to make him feel better.

Purely because I think my friends deserve better than to be bullshitted to coz then later in life, they may meet someone who tells them the truth and wonder why you didn't do the same.

-AC

The Tired Hiker
The more mistakes you make, the more you learn from them, and the better person you'll be. So make tons of mistakes while you can! Quick, let's all make a mistake right now!! eek!

Corran
I've made loads of misakes TH and I'm not a better person. Do I have to make more???

The Tired Hiker
Yes, that seems to be the way. yes

Corran
Oakily Doakily Neighbour - I think it's going to take many mistakes to make me a better person.

BakaXero
the only im can be true to myself right now is if i get a beer
i've been wanting one for 3days

Corran
You need to try a different Bar, I think that one it closed.

BakaXero
maybe your right...

BlackC@t
It wasn't really a friend.

Oh I feel so horrible for what I've done erm

dark1365
OK i will get straight to the point BC...
What happened? dontgetit

BadKitty
yeah whats this all about any how? embarrasment

BlackC@t
I'd rather not say in this thread embarrasment

PM me if you'd like to know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.