Hulk & Dr. Doom vs Storm & Rogue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
Occurred to me considering the fact that the latter two seem to be getting backed decently in the respective fights.

Opinions?

kgkg
Hulk & Dr. Doom

hulk alone will take them on add doom .

he will tell hulk what to do it's not even a match if you think about it.

LordFear
Agreed!
Doom takes on Rogue and Storm Hulk.
it will be that way because tactically speaking Doom will reason it logical. Storm would be at a huge disavantage leaving Rogue trying to get to Doom past his force field and by then Hulk will come and assist Doom if need be. IT's a pointless battle.

Alpha Centauri
Anyone wanna wager a guess on why?

Could it be because the two X-Females (which is all they are), realistically, are nothing to either of the two combatants on the other team?

-AC

LordFear
enlighten us all AC/LOL

Alpha Centauri
Ok smile.

Question: Could it be because the two X-Females (which is all they are), realistically, are nothing to either of the two combatants on the other team?

Answer: Yes.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I thought it was interesting because Storm is being backed against Doom, and Rogue Hulk.

LordFear
I just can't fathom those two winning.

Victor Von Doom
I couldn't fathom the X-Men winning really. Just wondered how opinion would go.

kgkg
the stongest x-men is prof X . The rest are babies , what makes people think they can face the worlds stongest/ smartest people?

Alpha Centauri
"what makes people think they can face the worlds stongest/ smartest people?"

Lightning and absorption powers apparantly.

-AC

Never
You know...

There was this 20 page thread on Comixfan.com about Storm's abilities...

One had to separate the weed from the chaff, but once one does...

Storm is a lot more powerful than people give her credit for, although (iirc) Hulk simply "clapped" her out of the sky...I THINK she hit him with almost everything she had, and he walked through it...have to revisit that...

People were saying that she could create "electrical storms" in her opponent's *brains*.

I dunno. But she, like Sue Storm, is actually quite a force to be reckoned with, in her own right. Chalk it up to writers exploring the boundaries of characters' abilities (for example, 10 years ago no one dreamed of having Sue use her constructs to place them in someone's lungs or dropping several bubbles in one's bloodstream).

LordFear
well Hulk could practically eat Ororo up. I mean that in a non sexual manner

Alpha Centauri
The point I was making was that in all her power, is she a match for Doom or Hulk?

Is Rogue a match for Doom or Hulk?

How Storm is going to beat Dr. Doom when she got clapped out of the sky by Hulk, I'll never follow.

-AC

LordFear
Well in there defense AC Rogue did get IM a run for his money in Contest of Champions. IM and Doom have gone at it countless of times and IM is still standing so it might prove an interesting fight for about half an hour or so

Alpha Centauri
"Well in there defense AC Rogue did get IM a run for his money in Contest of Champions. "

Yes, but we all know who wrote that and why it was created, don't we?

The same comic in which Storm beat Human Torch.

Biggest piece of self-indulgent, ego driven crap in comic history.

It was a storyline vehicle.

"IM and Doom have gone at it countless of times and IM is still standing so it might prove an interesting fight for about half an hour or so"

Yeah but lets not kid ourselves into thinking the two X-Women have a shot at getting out alive, much less winning.

-AC

LordFear
I concur.

demigawd
Doom would be a virtual non-factor here. Hulk by himself could take out Storm and Rogue. Doom would just stand and watch.

Re: Contest of Champions - Storm beat Human Torch and rightfully so. But Rogue would not get by Doom's shields, and there's nothing to absorb.

Scoobless
storm only "beat" torch in that story because he wouldn't resort to lethal force, if he did she'd have been crispy fried

demigawd
Yes. And that's the point - you have to take character into consideration. Torch doesn't kill - but his power is lethal by nature. That automatically limits his effectiveness severely. The reason Storm would win, either in a comic or on this board, is because Torch WON'T just flash fry Storm. It's not in his character. Storm, on the other hand, has TONS of non-lethal options at her disposal that she can pull off faster and more easily than Torch.

That's why she wins.

But back on topic...

Alpha Centauri
"Re: Contest of Champions - Storm beat Human Torch and rightfully so. But Rogue would not get by Doom's shields, and there's nothing to absorb."

Let's not overlook the fact that Claremont created it for his own purposes. He completely disregarded powers and pitted people against each other just to see who'd win if they were equal.

I believe I was told to "get off Doom's d*ck". People need to stop polishing Claremont's helmet.

-AC

azndrgn
Hey people. Go see the "Michael Myers vs Jason vs Freddy: a lil surprise" thread! Trust me, it'll be worth it!

demigawd
Just because YOU don't like Claremont doesn't mean that his run and all the showings in it should be blatantly disregarded. Claremont loves his characters - so what? Look at Starlin and Thanos. You gonna get on his case, too?

Alpha Centauri
Starlin didn't create a comic series, demeaning to all those who weren't wearing X's.

-AC

sbo
Rogue could take down hulk but he could do the same to her.
After reading the storm vs doom thread, I think there are good arguments for both combatants and that fight could also go either way as well.

I doubt that storm could defeat Hulk and Rogue couldn't get close enough to Doom to beat him.

So I give this fight to Doom and hulk.

Alpha Centauri
Don't quite understand how some woman from the X-men, with many of the other X-Women ranking higher above her, is able to take down the strongest being on Earth, realistically.

That's me.

-AC

demigawd
Very true. If a writer did do something like that, shame on him.

Luckily, no writer did anything like that.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, see what you did there.

Clever wink.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.