KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk & Dr. Doom vs Storm & Rogue

Hulk & Dr. Doom vs Storm & Rogue
Started by: Victor Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Hulk & Dr. Doom vs Storm & Rogue

Occurred to me considering the fact that the latter two seem to be getting backed decently in the respective fights.

Opinions?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:11 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Hulk & Dr. Doom

hulk alone will take them on add doom .

he will tell hulk what to do it's not even a match if you think about it.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:13 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Agreed!
Doom takes on Rogue and Storm Hulk.
it will be that way because tactically speaking Doom will reason it logical. Storm would be at a huge disavantage leaving Rogue trying to get to Doom past his force field and by then Hulk will come and assist Doom if need be. IT's a pointless battle.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:17 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone wanna wager a guess on why?

Could it be because the two X-Females (which is all they are), realistically, are nothing to either of the two combatants on the other team?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:21 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

enlighten us all AC/LOL

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:26 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok smile.

Question: Could it be because the two X-Females (which is all they are), realistically, are nothing to either of the two combatants on the other team?

Answer: Yes.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:27 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I thought it was interesting because Storm is being backed against Doom, and Rogue Hulk.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:27 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

I just can't fathom those two winning.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:29 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I couldn't fathom the X-Men winning really. Just wondered how opinion would go.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:31 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

the stongest x-men is prof X . The rest are babies , what makes people think they can face the worlds stongest/ smartest people?

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:33 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"what makes people think they can face the worlds stongest/ smartest people?"

Lightning and absorption powers apparantly.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:39 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone wanna wager a guess on why?

Could it be because the two X-Females (which is all they are), realistically, are nothing to either of the two combatants on the other team?

-AC

You know...

There was this 20 page thread on Comixfan.com about Storm's abilities...

One had to separate the weed from the chaff, but once one does...

Storm is a lot more powerful than people give her credit for, although (iirc) Hulk simply "clapped" her out of the sky...I THINK she hit him with almost everything she had, and he walked through it...have to revisit that...

People were saying that she could create "electrical storms" in her opponent's *brains*.

I dunno. But she, like Sue Storm, is actually quite a force to be reckoned with, in her own right. Chalk it up to writers exploring the boundaries of characters' abilities (for example, 10 years ago no one dreamed of having Sue use her constructs to place them in someone's lungs or dropping several bubbles in one's bloodstream).

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:44 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

well Hulk could practically eat Ororo up. I mean that in a non sexual manner

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:47 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point I was making was that in all her power, is she a match for Doom or Hulk?

Is Rogue a match for Doom or Hulk?

How Storm is going to beat Dr. Doom when she got clapped out of the sky by Hulk, I'll never follow.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:47 PM
LordFear

Well in there defense AC Rogue did get IM a run for his money in Contest of Champions. IM and Doom have gone at it countless of times and IM is still standing so it might prove an interesting fight for about half an hour or so

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:53 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Well in there defense AC Rogue did get IM a run for his money in Contest of Champions. "

Yes, but we all know who wrote that and why it was created, don't we?

The same comic in which Storm beat Human Torch.

Biggest piece of self-indulgent, ego driven crap in comic history.

It was a storyline vehicle.

"IM and Doom have gone at it countless of times and IM is still standing so it might prove an interesting fight for about half an hour or so"

Yeah but lets not kid ourselves into thinking the two X-Women have a shot at getting out alive, much less winning.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:58 PM
LordFear

I concur.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 08:03 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Doom would be a virtual non-factor here. Hulk by himself could take out Storm and Rogue. Doom would just stand and watch.

Re: Contest of Champions - Storm beat Human Torch and rightfully so. But Rogue would not get by Doom's shields, and there's nothing to absorb.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 09:00 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

storm only "beat" torch in that story because he wouldn't resort to lethal force, if he did she'd have been crispy fried

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 09:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Yes. And that's the point - you have to take character into consideration. Torch doesn't kill - but his power is lethal by nature. That automatically limits his effectiveness severely. The reason Storm would win, either in a comic or on this board, is because Torch WON'T just flash fry Storm. It's not in his character. Storm, on the other hand, has TONS of non-lethal options at her disposal that she can pull off faster and more easily than Torch.

That's why she wins.

But back on topic...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 09:09 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote