World's Strongest Super-Being 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Thanks for everyone that commented on the 1st thread - World's Strongest Super-Being Competition. Based on your great responses I've added/subtracted people. I've also modified the events so maybe there's more argument as to who'd win. Last "year's" winner was the Hulk (at the time I made this thread).

One year later, the mightiest super heroes & villians gather again to see who is the World's Strongest Super-Being. As always, they put aside their differences to compete fairly in this contest of pure strength. Keep in mind, these are the regular versions of these heroes/villains, not modified in any way (i.e., no Superman Prime, 8th Day Juggernaut, etc.) Sadly, Colossus and Wonder Woman will not be competing this "year" because they did not receive any votes from the last competition. Please remember, only body strength may be used in the events.

The entrants:
Apocalypse (restricted to maintain his default size throughout the competition, i.e., he's not allowed to grow)
Darkseid (not allowed to use telekinetic powers to lift things)
Doomsday
Grundy
Hulk
Juggernaut
Superman (can't use heat vision in Event 5)
Thanos (no Gauntlet, that's not his natural strength)
The Thing
Thor

The events:
1. "Bench press" the Empire State building as many times possible before tiring
2. Contestant is harnessed to a rope connected to 100 linked Panzer tanks. Goal is to pull the line of tanks the fastest across the length of 10 football fields.
3. Like a shot put, throw an 18-wheeler the longest distance
4. Squat 50 tour buses welded together as many times possible before tiring
5. Bend as many steel girders as possible in a minute

Take the poll! Who takes home the trophy?

azndrgn
My pick to win the whole thing is Superman. Upset that he lost to Hulk at the last competition, Supes trains like crazy to edge out the Hulk in the 2nd contest. Hulk did after all just edge Superman when I made this thread.

azndrgn
Winner of each event

Event #- Contestant
1 - Juggernaut
2 - Hulk
3 - Superman
4 - Superman
5 - Doomsday

crazyspinz
why are grundy and the thing in this?

apocalypse would win, unless hulk ios realy pissed, and still apoc might win

azndrgn
For some reason, people question why any powerhouse that's not Supes, Juggs, or the Hulk should not be in this competition. But they wouldn't lose by an embarassing margin

azndrgn
All readers, if you could, please vote on the poll so I can actually tally the true scores for each contestant to come up w/ a winner based on the votes. In other words, if you just comment on who would win, but don't vote, it won't be counted. Thanks

crazyspinz
apocalpyse can have ANY physical power he wants, if he wants to be the size of a skyscraper, and stronger than the hulk at max pissed he can be....

azndrgn
The rules state Apocs must maintain his default size and strength throughout the competition. He's not allowed to increase his size and strength past what he'd normally be if no one was fighting him. It wouldn't be fair against the other contestants

azndrgn
Uh ohhhh, the Man of Steel is the favorite so far...

azndrgn
Good, somebody finally voted for the Hulk.

Cosmic Cube
As far as repetition goes, I might give my vote to Superman. If it were a test of lifting sheer weight, I would choose Thanos or Hulk. Apocalypse cannot endow himself with infinite strength.

azndrgn
How strong is Thanos w/out the Gauntlet?

Cosmic Cube
He can lift over 100 tons.

kgkg
very stong he punked hulk and thor

my vote Thanos

savagerampage
Thanos wins this one

hoorayforpeepee
curse you. excluding the speed events, all of which go to superman, thanos is probably the most physically strong.

azndrgn
I made a previous thread about who'd win a race around the world. Flash won

azndrgn
I think so far the votes are reasonable

LordFear
it would come down to Doomsday and Thanos and I say the mad Titan god gets this.

azndrgn
That's an interesting decision. Most would say Hulk & Supes in the end

azndrgn
You all should check out my "Save the President's daughter..." thread. I think it requires some thinking

otis
I THINK THAT WONDER WOMAN SHOULD ALSO BE INCLUDED IN THE WORLDS STRONGEST SUPER BEINGS DONT OVER LOOK HER JUST BEACAUSE SHES A WOMAN SHES NEARLY AS STRONG AS SUPER MAN
THINK ABOUT IT

azndrgn
I made a previous thread - World's Strongest Super-Being Competition - that included Wonder Woman, because yes, I didn't want to exclude women. As I stated when I first posted this second competition I did not include her this time because no one voted for her to win in the last competition. Now that I think of it, I could've included She-Hulk and Rogue in this. And I probably will when I do a 3rd strength competition. Basically I try to keep the contestants to a max of 10 and I exclude people who received 0 votes from the previous contest.

Cosmic Cube
Thanos isn't stronger than Thor and Hulk, but he is far more powerful than either even without his infinity gaunlet. He's an Eternal. However, I don't recall him punking the Hulk or Thor. Thanos has said himself that he respects Hulk's strength and would not engage in physical combat with him. He'd just blast him.

azndrgn
Yeah, I'm surprised Thanos's strong showing his 1st time in this competition

azndrgn
And I'm still surprised Thing has gotten a nod to win it all during both competitions

azndrgn
Again, everyone who responds to this thread please vote your winner on the poll in order for me to eventually select the winner based on votes. If you only comment, but don't vote, I will not count the pick. Thanks!

gamewarrior
Hulk strength is infinite. The madder he gets the more stronger he is. If Hulk was pushed of the edge he'll go CRAZY! and probably beat-up everybody and everything he see's. Just a question but wouldn't he get pissed of when he didn't win the other competitions?

azndrgn
Since this is my thread I'd like to announce my Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament thread has finally started! Please visit and vote! smile

jplatinum
Man, I've been looking for this thread and I finally found it.
I like the names on the list.
I think Hulk wins.

h1a8
This shouldn't be a thread at all. All someone has to do is go to mavels or d.c. official site. Apocalyspe, Juggernaut, Thor , Grundy, Thanos, Thing, Darkseid, and Hulk(at start) all press roughly 70-100 tons. While Post-crisis Superman is listed as max. bench press 250,000 tons. Doomsday is a close second with about 100,000 tons. Superman and doomsday are also the fastest. Thus superman wins easily.

K3VIL
Originally posted by h1a8
This shouldn't be a thread at all. All someone has to do is go to mavels or d.c. official site. Apocalyspe, Juggernaut, Thor , Grundy, Thanos, Thing, Darkseid, and Hulk(at start) all press roughly 70-100 tons. While Post-crisis Superman is listed as max. bench press 250,000 tons. Doomsday is a close second with about 100,000 tons. Superman and doomsday are also the fastest. Thus superman wins easily.
You're new, and you know few.
Thor has lifted more than 100 Tons, Class 100 means you exceed the ability of lifting 100 tons.Example?A section of the Kennedy Airport was substained by Thor while the civilians where evacuating.Thing is Class 90.Darkseid 100 Tons?Darkseid is in Superman's league, he's one of the physical stronger beings in D.C. Universe.Hulk at TOTALLY calm state is 70 tons, but it takes nothing to enter in Class 100 to him.
The current Juggernaut was a low rank Class 100 Strenght possessor.
The classic Juggernaut was a top rank Class 100 Strenght possessor.
Solomon Grundy strenght fluctuates, sometimes he can stay toe to toe with most of JLA'S heavyweights alone, sometimes he gets wiped out easy.Thanos is between 70-100 Tons?You gotta be kidding me.With his control over power cosmic he's one of the highest Class 100 Strenght possessor.Read some comics before post things like this.

jplatinum
Kevil, it seems you know your stuff, man.

ZephroCarnelian
I think there's a coupla guys there who could match Supes for strength - Hulk and Thanos. Everyone agree?

But I think in terms of the events - they go to Supes.

I think he's got the right combination of strength AND speed.

Who agrees?

Linkalicious
I don't.

I pick Doomsday for the compeition.

Doomsday is physically superior to Superman and capable of besting him in all of the competitions except the 2nd one.

Hulk probably wouldn't even be that strong in the competition...there's no motivation for him to rage out. The world isn't in danger, his life isn't in immenent danger, and Betty's safety isn't in question.

Even giving him his anger and rage might not help him out all that much. No one has ever made a direct comparison between Hulk and Doomsday in regards to strength.

All we know is that Doomsday was strong enough to crush Superman's forearm in the palm of his hand, and thoroughly man handle him on more than one occasion.

In Superman vs. Hulk fights...they tend to go back and forth with no seriously lasting damage from eachother's blows.

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm, yeah. You might be right about DD's strength, Link.

But I've never seen evidence of him having superspeed. People say he's fast as the Flash but never have I seen evidence to say so.

Whereas Supes IS amazingly fast - the train pull etc will be finished in a split second by him (assuming they're indestructible adamantium trains etc lol!).

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Thanos isn't stronger than Thor and Hulk, but he is far more powerful than either even without his infinity gaunlet. He's an Eternal. However, I don't recall him punking the Hulk or Thor. Thanos has said himself that he respects Hulk's strength and would not engage in physical combat with him. He'd just blast him.

last time i checked he shoved hulk and drax with no effort.

ebonyblade1
Is the first event a trick event. I mean do you mean the weight of the empire state building or the actual building? Because only darkseid, krytonians and daxamite have the ability to do that without the building crumbling to pieces. At any rate, it would come down to doomsday, thanos and superman. I say doomsday takes it, because he supposedly has super speed which gives him added power.

Ex11B
what about Validus or Count Nefaria..those two might take this

K3VIL
Cosmic Power or Dark Power choose the term you prefer grants Thanos to boost his strenght to top ranks of Class 100.
So Thanos can outmatch Classical Thor.Madness Mode Thor on the other hand will probably be able to take him, maybe.
Thanos respect Hulk's strenght cause he knows it's takes even a stupid event to Hulk to get mad and boost his abilities to amazing levels, and even with all the power Thanos can manage to use to boost his physical abilities, Hulk will be always schooling him seeing he's not strongest, getting madder, and then pummeling Thanos until he's K.O.
But on the other hand, this is a competition.
How can Hulk win?Is there Betty Ross being slapped on the butt from someone so Hulk can become really pissed off?Cause withotu reasons to be angry, Hulk will lost this competition.

Xplosive
I choose Apocalypse and Hulk.

armandovalles
I think the Juggernaut wins them all because their has never been anything that he could not lift, plus he has unlimited stamina so he can bench the Empire state Building as manmy times as he wants.

Metalmanx
For once, armandovalles, I agree with you.

I say Juggernaut wins them all save Event #2. Juggernaut has NO LIMIT to his strength, while it seems that even Superman has an actual limit, even though it is insanely high.

Juggernaut could bench the Empire State Building as many times as he wants to before the officials decide that he wins.

He will, however, lose the race. He isn't the fastest strong guy in the world.

The shotput of the 18-wheeler, he's got this. Just tap into his limitless power, and throw it farther than any of the others could.

For the squat, it's the same answer as the Empire State Building bench-press.

And the steel girders. This may prove a challenge, but I think he could win. With his abnormally large hands, he could take several girders at a time, and VERY EASILY bend them and move onto to another several girders. If he keeps up a steady, and possibly even a faster pace near the end, I think he could out do the others here as well.

Yes. So, I agree with armando. Juggernaut will win this competition.

armandovalles
SO YEA, THE JUGGERNAUT I SAY WINS EVERY EVENT EASILY, THE GUY CAN LIFT ANYTHING, PLUS HE DOESNT GET TIRED.

Metalmanx
Don't get carried away, armando. He's not very fast at all. He won't win the race with the tanks. But I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Sentry
Originally posted by Redwolf
"In Superman: The Earth Stealers, (released in 1988) Superman propelled a massive space station, cylindrical in shape and stated to be 600 miles in diameter (the length of the cylinder, judging by the depiction, had to have been about 2500 miles ) by pushing against it. The weight was INESTIMABLE- it was constructed from all the natural resources gleaned from an entire solar system."

-Cosmic Cube, comic books are illogical. To say that what Superman did (in quoted paragraph above is illogical) for comic book standards is stupid. It happened, it was in the comics. The Hulk punching the earth and moving it from orbit is logical? The answer is no, comics are illogical.

-Justice League of America #36: World War III storyline started in December of 1999 and the final part six was in May 2000. This was post-crisis Superman moving the gears of an object that DWARFED the entire Earth/Moon system!

You replied in an earlier post:

"He has moved an orb with inertial mass greater than a neutron star. If you know anything about Physics, you'd know that this feat far outclasses moving the moon. Nothing Superman has done remotely compares."

Yet you say in your last reply:

"Resisting the matter-antimatter attraction is nigh impossible. It would be equivilant to moving the inertial mass of numerous neutron stars."

So it's okay if Hulk moves a mass equal to a neutron star, but when Superman does better it's nigh impossible? I know what you're doing, you don't like the fact that Superman has surpassed Hulk in the strength department. So now you're trying to make something like moving the inertial mass of many neutron stars as illogical even for comics. FYI comic books are illogical, they constantly do unscientific things.

It's clear you are a Hulk fanboy who dislikes Superman.

FACT:

In Superman: The Earth Stealers, Superman propelled a massive space station, cylindrical in shape and stated to be 600 miles in diameter (the length of the cylinder, judging by the depiction, had to have been about 2500 miles ) by pushing against it. The weight was INESTIMABLE- it was constructed from all the natural resources gleaned from an entire solar system. This was Post-Crisis Superman from 1988! He is alot stronger in 2005 than back in 88.

JLA: World War Three story-line: Superman was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery. His strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system. Once again it dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon System.

Hulk: The greatest feat of strength the Hulk has done is shattering an asteroid twice the size of the Earth, with a single punch.

-It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Superman has surpassed the Hulk. Don't get me wrong, the Hulk is an awesome character. He's just not stronger than Superman.

Superman hasn't maxed out. What are you talking about? Read the "No limits" story line. Superman has no strength limit because he constantly absorbs solar energy. In the "Our Worlds at War" storyline he took a sunbath and amped up his powers even more. He pushed War-World, which is the size of Pluto. Not only that but War-World was using it's thrusters (which covered the other side of the planet) against Superman. At full blast none-the-less, and Superman still pushed it.

In the DC One Million story line, 83,000 years from now Kal-el is still alive. He returns to earth after being gone for 67,000 years, and then hybernates in the sun for 16,000 years. He absorbed so much solar enegry that he is no longer recognizable (genetically) as a kryptonian. In fact he's golden in appearance...i.e. Superman has no strength limit since he can keep absorbing sun light. More he absorbs the more powerful he becomes.

Notice it is said that the starship was composed of the natural resources gleaned from a solar system. That doesn't mean that the craft had the mass of a solar system.

Comic books (for the most part) are quite logical. They may not be scientifically sound, but they are logical. Don't confuse logic with compliance with modern science.

Superman himself has said that Hulk is stronger than anyone he has ever faced.

Hulk's greatest feat of strength: Moving an inertial mass greater than that on a neutron star. A neutron star has an inertial mass far greater than that a solar system.

As I have said, and you have ignored, nothing Superman has done compares. Not holding a microscopic black hole, not pushing War World. Nothing.

When has Superman performed a greater feat of strength? None of the feats you have mentioned remotely compare to resisting the matter-antimatter attraction.

The longer Superman fights, the weaker he becomes. The longer Hulk fights, the stronger he becomes.

Superman's strength is not limitless, and it has never been said to be limitless. Superman's body is a solar battery that has a limit to the amount of solar energy it can absorb. When Superman absorbed all the sunlight he could, he emerged from the Super Sun, hence the name "Superman Prime." Superman's strength is not infinite.

Hulk is an infinity of physical strength, and he doesn't need any help from the sun, or anything else to get stronger. The more stress his body and mind are put through over time, the stronger he becomes. The more pain he experiences, the stronger he becomes. The more fear he experiences, the stronger he becomes. The more anger he experiences, the stronger he becomes. His insane regeneration makes it virtually impossible for him to die. I'm no fanboy, and I have nothing against Superman. I realize Superman is more powerful than the Hulk. He simply isn't stronger than the Hulk.

Superman's strength has a limit.

Hulk's does not.

Hulk's the strongest. Nuff said. Props to both these guys.

armandovalles
hulk is not the strongest!!!! JUGGY IS!

armandovalles
by the way i dont think Grundy should even be in this. He probably cant even move the tanks, or pick up the Empire State Building, isnt he only like cl 50. hes no where near any of the other guys.

Sentry
Juggernaut is not the strongest, Physically. Hulk is.

armandovalles
i disagree, Juggy and Hulk have only had one fair fight ever, and Juggy was winning when it was disrupted by the X-Men.

K3VIL
Sentry you're wrong.Juggernaut doesn't need to get mad to enhance his strenght.War Hulk was outmatching him with a limitless source of power to tap into, Juggy on the other hand was still alive and stayin against him, he has infact, limitless strenght.
Superman Prime and Post Crisis Superman are two different beings.
It was never stated PC Supes will become SP if he sunbath 16'000 years in the sun, SP is a possible evolution of PC Supes, which has still showed feats of strenght Hulk is unable to do.
You gotta consider this, in a slugfest fight, what avoid Superman when he see Hulk is becoming a marjor threat to use few minutes of his time to fly into the sun, full restore and enhance his powers, come back to the Earth, and school Hulk?Nothing.Infact he can do it.You say Hulk is the stronger there is, his anger has no limit?Superman can sunbath for 5minutes and come back to a level that will outmatch Hulk in few SECONDS.Hulk was knocked out by less powerful guys, Post Crisis Superman can win against Hulk.

Sentry
His durability probably isn't the greatest, but his strength is. Sigh.... I'm tired. Happy Dance

armandovalles
Originally posted by Sentry
His durability probably isn't the greatest, but his strength is. Sigh.... I'm tired. Happy Dance

who are u talking about?

Sentry
Hulk.

Hulk didn't realize or care what he was doing when he moved the Earth, or how doing so would affect anyone. Savage Hulk is an imbecile.

Superman moving the Earth using his flight, strength, and tactile telekinesis is not illogical; it's incredible, but he's just that powerful. Hulk punching the Earth and moving it from it's orbit isn't illogical, it's incredible. If Hulk punched the earth, and it turned into a grapefruit, that would be illogical. Incredible and illogical are not synonyms.

In case you were wondering "sneezing away a solar system" is highly illogical. Not incredible, illogical.

Hulk moved the matter-antimatter orbs in "Marvel Team-up featuring Spiderman," published in 1988. The difference between Pre-crisis Superman and Hulk is that Hulk has never been "ret-conned" (retroactive continuity.) In the DC timeline, Pre-Crisis Superman never existed, and none of his feats ever occurred. Hulk could meet or exceed anyone's strength give time and a sufficient source of stress; even Superman Prime. But, we're talking about Normal Savage Hulk and Normal JLA Superman.

Superman is a solar battery. Like any battery, his body can only hold so much sunlight. Hulk is a gamma radiation generator. Hulk relies only on anger, adrenaline flow, and his overactive medulla oblongata. The more physical or emotional stress he experiences, his strength increases exponentially. He gradually gains body mass, allowing him to attain limitless levels of strength.

Props to Cube. Hulk is the strongest.

laughing Happy Dance laughing

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Sentry
Hulk.

Thank You.

Originally posted by armandovalles
i disagree, Juggy and Hulk have only had one fair fight ever, and Juggy was winning when it was disrupted by the X-Men.

After Hulk got angry, Juggernaut got flung into a mountain. You call that winning?

King Burger
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I say Juggernaut wins them all save Event #2. Juggernaut has NO LIMIT to his strength, while it seems that even Superman has an actual limit, even though it is insanely high.

When did Juggernaut get "unlimited" strength?

What the hell is this?! Are they giving out "unlimited" strength
coupons over at Marvel?

Anyway, I voted the Man of Steel.

He may be a boy scout, but he's a super-strong boy scout.

And unlike many of these other figures, Superman never
shows the extent of his strength. Much like Silver Surfer, he
usually holds back and stays calm.

Personally, I'd rather face a pissed off Hulk, than a pissed
of Superman anyday. Who knows what he's like is he really
loses it and goes crazy mad.

long pig
He-Man beats them all! -fanboy attack-

Ahem, Juggernaut has been shown to have unlimited strength more than once, he's even said his strength is unlimited.

Have you ever seen Jugs fail to do something that requires strength?

His strength raises with the more hate he has in his heart.

long pig
BUT, Grundy is an elemental, he wins this if he is at full power.
Grundy at full potential could do basically anything strength wize.

Cosmic Cube
I don't think Juggernaut's strength is truely limitless. The limit isn't known, but it's there. Hulk is proven to have limitless strength. The Beyonder once probed ( confused... ) Hulk in a stasis chamder and says, "You are nothing but power incarnate! An infinity of power with no finite element inside!"

If you compare feats of strength, Hulk has performed the greatest.

We've seen Superman pissed. Superman's limit is jaw-dropping, but he has one. The only way I've seen he can increase his strength is through sunlight absorption.

These events seem like events Superman would excel in. He's the most powerful out of all the beings listed. In this competition, I think Superman would win.

Gamma Crush!
Hulk.

Hulk would win just to prove he was stronger than the rest of them. That's enough motivation to make him stronger than all of them. Whenever anyone questions Hulk's strength, he gets a massive boost in strength. That's how Spidey gets Hulk to do his dirty work. If Hulk's strength is in question, he will prove that he is the strongest one there is.

savagerampage
Hulk is potentially the strongest being alive. i say potentially cause he usually has to hulk up to get to the level of whatever character he has to surpass. juggernaut isnt the strongest. although hulk did not win that fight, when he tossed juggy to the mountain cube, cause we both know how the fight turned out. juggernaut got up, x-men came in.

i still say thanos will win this competition he is far above all the other characters here.

how on earth does apocalypse have votes? he should be at the bottom of this list with thing.

hey armandovalles where is that juggernaut picture from, that u have in ur signature? what issue is that from. Did he finally come outta the blackhole?

long pig
Hulk is the strongest being in the Marvel Universe.

King Burger
Originally posted by Gamma Crush!
Hulk.

Hulk would win just to prove he was stronger than the rest of them. That's enough motivation to make him stronger than all of them. Whenever anyone questions Hulk's strength, he gets a massive boost in strength. That's how Spidey gets Hulk to do his dirty work. If Hulk's strength is in question, he will prove that he is the strongest one there is.

Hulk gets stronger when he is angry in the same way that
normal human beings, when they are angry or frightened
or stressed get their adrenaline pumping, and diplay greater
strength and stamina.

But he's not going to get stronger out of a sense of pride, any
more than you or I can show greater strength because we
want to show off. Yes, pride may make you work harder, but
it doesn't do to your body what fear or anger does.

h1a8
Originally posted by K3VIL
Thor has lifted more than 100 Tons, Class 100 means you exceed the ability of lifting 100 tons.Example?A section of the Kennedy Airport was substained by Thor while the civilians where evacuating.Thing is Class 90.Darkseid 100 Tons?Darkseid is in Superman's league, he's one of the physical stronger beings in D.C. Universe.Hulk at TOTALLY calm state is 70 tons, but it takes nothing to enter in Class 100 to him.
Solomon Grundy strenght fluctuates, sometimes he can stay toe to toe with most of JLA'S heavyweights alone, sometimes he gets wiped out easy.Thanos is between 70-100 Tons?You gotta be kidding me.With his control over power cosmic he's one of the highest Class 100 Strenght possessor.Read some comics before post things like this.

Say I got hired by Marvel and was granted full power of story. What if I wrote that Thor struggled to lift 100 tons and couldn't manage to do it. What would you say after reading that comic? What if I showed spider-man lifting a multistory building (weighing over 100 tons) with his natural strength (this feat was done by him already). What would you say here. My point is that writers are inconsistent (they want to sell comics) and shouldn't be trusted. Only read the handbooks printed by Marvel themselves. I have them (the newest ones) and it says that Thor can press anywhere from 70-100 tons and this can be doubled using his belt (but tires him greatly). Reading any old comic shows the inconsistency of a character with their exact power descriptions. Recent comics are best (in consistency) for they do not show characters exceeding their exact power ratings.

EsteemedLeader
Grundy? Thing?

hysterical

h1a8
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Hulk's the strongest. Nuff said. Props to both these guys.

If both don't have a strength limit then how can Hulk be stronger?
Use logic

PeteButter
Magneto should have been a participant. He would've won.

yahman
Originally posted by azndrgn

The entrants:
Apocalypse (restricted to maintain his default size throughout the competition, i.e., he's not allowed to grow)
Darkseid (not allowed to use telekinetic powers to lift things)
Doomsday
Grundy
Hulk
Juggernaut
Superman (can't use heat vision in Event 5)
Thanos (no Gauntlet, that's not his natural strength)
The Thing
Thor

The events:
2. Contestant is harnessed to a rope connected to 100 linked Panzer tanks. Goal is to pull the line of tanks the fastest across the length of 10 football fields.

Take the poll! Who takes home the trophy?

I have reservations about some of these characters being able to carryout the events. (E.G. Apoc, Current Darksied, Thing and Juggernaught)

And several of these events are based on Speed (Something that Superman / Darksied have an abundance of, when everybody else is lacking)

And how the hell did Hulk win last year. I hope this years forum users have FAR more sense. smile

yahman
Say I got hired by Marvel and was granted full power of story. What if I wrote that Thor struggled to lift 100 tons and couldn't manage to do it. What would you say after reading that comic? What if I showed spider-man lifting a multistory building (weighing over 100 tons) with his natural strength (this feat was done by him already). What would you say here. My point is that writers are inconsistent (they want to sell comics) and shouldn't be trusted. Only read the handbooks printed by Marvel themselves. I have them (the newest ones) and it says that Thor can press anywhere from 70-100 tons and this can be doubled using his belt (but tires him greatly). Reading any old comic shows the inconsistency of a character with their exact power descriptions. Recent comics are best (in consistency) for they do not show characters exceeding their exact power ratings.

I hope this is sarcasm !!!!!!!!!! confused

This isn't the 'handbook' forum you know ! wink

And that updated handbook sounds pretty old.

h1a8
Originally posted by K3VIL

sometimes Marvel and D.C. goes as far as stating a character's max.
like Thor 70-100 tons without belt (in handbook), like Juggs 90-100 tons (in handbook as well), and Thanos presses "about" 100 tons, etc. Also possessing cosmic power doesn't mean your super strong as you like. They are many characters who has the power cosmic but can't lift over 100 tons. Thanos was never shown to lift over 100 tons (He rarely ever uses his physical strength). So to assume that he is stronger than another class 100 is illogical.

lord krondor
You all have presented very well thought-out and intriguing arguments. Kodos to all of you. Kudos.

Unfortunately, I must inform you, with a small bit of satisfaction, that you are all pathetic. Having a 4 page (so far) argument on the strongest comic book character? How old are you people?

I'm going to assume that a good majority of you are over the age of 32, and this very sad indeed. Comics? I could understand how a pleasantly plump pre-pubescent child would get enjoyment from a comic book. But after starting the 8th grade I would think you might want, if you hadn't by this time already, to stop buying them and thus finally putting an end to the ridicule of all the people who have mentally matured beyond that medium. 8th grade guys, 8th grade.

long pig
sometimes Marvel and D.C. goes as far as stating a character's max.
like Thor 70-100 tons without belt (in handbook), like Juggs 90-100 tons (in handbook as well), and Thanos presses "about" 100 tons, etc. Also possessing cosmic power doesn't mean your super strong as you like. They are many characters who has the power cosmic but can't lift over 100 tons. Thanos was never shown to lift over 100 tons (He rarely ever uses his physical strength). So to assume that he is stronger than another class 100 is illogical.
confused laughing

long pig
Originally posted by lord krondor
You all have presented very well thought-out and intriguing arguments. Kodos to all of you. Kudos.

Unfortunately, I must inform you, with a small bit of satisfaction, that you are all pathetic. Having a 4 page (so far) argument on the strongest comic book character? How old are you people?

I'm going to assume that a good majority of you are over the age of 32, and this very sad indeed. Comics? I could understand how a pleasantly plump pre-pubescent child would get enjoyment from a comic book. But after starting the 8th grade I would think you might want, if you hadn't by this time already, to stop buying them and thus finally putting an end to the ridicule of all the people who have mentally matured beyond that medium. 8th grade guys, 8th grade.
Hey, it's what we do. big grin

Superherovandal
you know I'm still young enough to read comics without being to ashamed about it.

h1a8
Originally posted by yahman
I hope this is sarcasm !!!!!!!!!! confused

This isn't the 'handbook' forum you know ! wink

And that updated handbook sounds pretty old.

no sarcasm.
my main point is that all of this comic vs. stuff is nonsense if a human can make a character do exceeding more than what their exact power descriptions says and that one must use these comics as the top evidence. who should win in vs.? should it be based off inconsistent comics?

Dizzle
no sarcasm.
my main point is that all of this comic vs. stuff is nonsense if a human can make a character do exceeding more than what their exact power descriptions says and that one must use these comics as the top evidence. who should win in vs.? should it be based off inconsistent comics?

But the handbooks are not necessarily always accurate to the vast majority of comics. So while some feats are above the norm of a characters established limits in comics, and should be ignored, a feat that a character performs fairly regularly should be regarded as within his or her limits, even if a handbook says otherwise. It's really jsut a judgement thing.

Dizzle
Originally posted by lord krondor

Well done. You've succeeded in becoming the coolest person ever. Seriously. With all the satisfaction I can muster, you have just gone through the registration process for an internet forum, probably for no other purpose than to tell everyone that what they are doing is pointless. You even threw in some SAT words. "That." I'm impressed you knew what it meant. And I'm sure your words have really enlightened all of us. Seriously, seriously. I'm glad I have had the pleasure to witness the greatness of someone just amazingly super cool like you, man. You're the greatest.

F***in jackass...

UniOmni
H1A8, answer me this. Hulk has been shown to be able to lift 150 billion tons. And he is still in class 100. So, the point is, class 100 for Hulk and Thor(don't know about Juggy) means that they can lift in excess of it. Meaning that its the starting point.

BEGONE!!

armandovalles
1. Juggernaut - he doesnt tire
2. Superman - he's the fastest
3. Thor - he's used to throwing things (his hammer) plus he's almost just as strong as anyone else her.
4. Juggernaut - he doesnt tire
5. Thanos - he's smart, unlike the others who would just be running around the city lookin for girders, Ben would just go to a contruction site. The only other 2 who would probly have the smarts to think of this would be Darkseid and Apocalypse but they dont have the strength to match Thanos.

h1a8
apoc is out (he's not allowed to grow and isn't fast enough for some events)

thing, thor, and grundy is out (obviously)

There is no fear or anger for the Hulk to feed upon in participating in a game contest. He is out (he isn't strong enough at start and he loses to the speed events)

darkseid has shown limits in strength wrestling with Superman, Orion, etc. (post-crises darkseid is weak) He is out

juggs can't win in the 3 speed events. Leaving only 2 left. It is dabatable that can even move the things in the other events. (the marvel handbook says he can press roughly about 100 tons.) Assume he can win 2 (the stamina ones) out of 5. Then he loses to someone who can win the other 3 (the speed ones -where superman/dd is the best candidates) so mathematically he is out.

it is listed in the handbook that thanos press about 100 tons. I used the handbook here because there is no evidence that shows thanos strength (he rarely ever uses it) So if the handbook is right then he is out (lack of strength to even physical move most the objects in the event)

doomsday and superman is a tossup. But remember there is evidence that dd has more stamina, similar if not faster speed, and similar if not greater strength.

h1a8
Originally posted by Metalmanx
For once, armandovalles, I agree with you.

Juggernaut could bench the Empire State Building as many times as he wants to before the officials decide that he wins.

He will, however, lose the race. He isn't the fastest strong guy in the world.

The shotput of the 18-wheeler, he's got this. Just tap into his limitless power, and throw it farther than any of the others could.

For the squat, it's the same answer as the Empire State Building bench-press.

And the steel girders. This may prove a challenge, but I think he could win. With his abnormally large hands, he could take several girders at a time, and VERY EASILY bend them and move onto to another several girders. If he keeps up a steady, and possibly even a faster pace near the end, I think he could out do the others here as well.

Yes. So, I agree with armando. Juggernaut will win this competition.

are you crazy. an object thrown at a distance depends on its intial velocity. a pitcher can throw 90 mph because of their armspeed. There is no way Juggs can throw further than superman (superman can control the gravitons of any object he touches and he is faster) or dd. he can't win the shot put.

he can't win the pulling race.

Also juggs stength is not limitless he was several times overpowered physically by several sentient beings (Marvel in the handbook states he can press roughly 100 tons). He can only tap into a personal force field-not strength) He was even knocked back by an enrage Hulk while moving forward. So there is a limit to him

Lastly he can not win the last event. I don't care if he bends two in a row (his hands are not too big). Superman and DD can bend 10 times faster. Superman could also bend two in a row by grabbing the middle of the two.

So winning 2 (that is dabatable) out of 5 to superman still loses mathematically.

h1a8
Originally posted by UniOmni
H1A8, answer me this. Hulk has been shown to be able to lift 150 billion tons. And he is still in class 100. So, the point is, class 100 for Hulk and Thor(don't know about Juggy) means that they can lift in excess of it. Meaning that its the starting point.

BEGONE!!
there is good evidence for this
1. the handbook for marvel says his strength at start is 90-100 tons.
Are they wrong?

2.Hulk was overpowered and rendered unconscience many times by creatures more powerful than him at start (like abomination). Abomination is listed as being able to press 100-150 tons.

BEGONE!!

h1a8
Originally posted by armandovalles
1. Juggernaut - he doesnt tire
2. Superman - he's the fastest
3. Thor - he's used to throwing things (his hammer) plus he's almost just as strong as anyone else her.
4. Juggernaut - he doesnt tire
5. Thanos - he's smart, unlike the others who would just be running around the city lookin for girders, Ben would just go to a contruction site. The only other 2 who would probly have the smarts to think of this would be Darkseid and Apocalypse but they dont have the strength to match Thanos.

1. It is dabatable that Jugs can even lift the building any times. (the handbook states that he can press roughly 100 tons)

3. a throw's distance depends on its intial velocity (this is basic physics). Since Superman is the fastest and can control the gravity of anything he touches (tactile-telekinesis) then he wins.

4. This is not a event for stamina but speed. How can Juggs win?

5. be serious. this is a contest and the girders will be provided. you do think out the box though. Superman wins this event as well

lord krondor
Originally posted by Dizzle
Well done. You've succeeded in becoming the coolest person ever. Seriously. With all the satisfaction I can muster, you have just gone through the registration process for an internet forum, probably for no other purpose than to tell everyone that what they are doing is pointless. You even threw in some SAT words. "That." I'm impressed you knew what it meant. And I'm sure your words have really enlightened all of us. Seriously, seriously. I'm glad I have had the pleasure to witness the greatness of someone just amazingly super cool like you, man. You're the greatest.

F***in jackass...

Wow. Wow! Thank you. I have nothing to say. I am at a loss for words. You managed to make me feel that what I did was wrong, and without going with the usual tactics of trying to attack my character and/or sexuality. Touche my friend. Touche.

Oh but then you added the f***in jackass at the end. That kind of hurt your case; but only a little. Since nothing is perfectly done I won't hold it against your excellent repartee. So since you have humbled me so, I will answer the ultimate question that has been beseeched to us.

It is my belief that, Superman, would prove quite formidable against any of the other challengers that have been presented. It is unfortunate, but ultimately hilarious, that he is dead. If only he ate more fetuses, maybe we could still be in his awesome presence. We miss you Chris!

long pig
lord, once you get over the initial shock of the nerdyness(It doesn't take but a minute) it's a fun place to be.

And, of course, the only way you got to this forum was by googling comic books, so......big grin

Marvel=DC
Buying a computer preferably a Dell: 700 dollars using debit card

Buying Windows XP: 79.95 on debit card

Getting connected to the Internet via high speed: 29.99 on debit card

Signing up to a online comic book forum, making up a pseudo just to make fun of people : priceless

ImmortalOne
Juggernaut !!! Dude........... e punched a hole through a dimension !!!!

olympian
"Thanos isn't stronger than Thor and Hulk"

As he was always written yes he is.

"Hulk didn't realize or care what he was doing when he moved the Earth, or how doing so would affect anyone. Savage Hulk is an imbecile"

Hulk moved the earth? When.

BobbyD
Anything combining speed and strength easily goes to SuperMan in this, thus Clark takes 2 & 5. Whoever has the most stamina in this contest takes 1 & 4. 3 goes to the individual with the most starting strength...Thanos? That's my opinion...thinks it's pretty accurate too.

newjak86
Event 1:
Winner: Juggs not do to his strength but his endurance he could do this forever because he doen't age eat sleep.
Second: Thanos Almsot like Juggs
Third: Doomsday Almost like Juggs
Event 2:
Winner: Superman His speed and strength combo wins this for him.
Second: Doomsday Said to be very fast as well
Third: Thor Very fast as well
Event 3:
Winner: Juggs I say this because he can tap into a large power source potentially toss the thing to far for anybody else
Second: Thanos Almost like Juggs
Third: Superman His strength and ability to get momentum behind it puts him ahead of the rest
Event 4
Winner: Juggs same as Event 1
Second: Thanos Event 1
Third: Doomsday Event1
Event 5
Winner: Superman Same as Event 2
Second: Doomsday Great speed and good size
Third: Juggernaut Could do to his big reach and great strength pick up many at a time and bend them all if it was more like 5 minutes I wouldn't give it to him but this tactic would put him ahead of other people quickly
I'm handing out point like this 1st place 3 pts second 2 and third 1
Frst place finishes
Juggernaut: 3
Superman: 2
Second Place finishes
Thanos: 3
Doomsday: 2
Third place finishes
Doomsday: 2
Thor: 1
Superman: 1
Juggernaut: 1
Total points:
Juggernaut: 10
Superman: 7
Doomsday: 6
Thanos: 6
Thor: 1
Winner Juggs

Cosmic Cube
These contests aren't necesarily geared towards him, but Hulk is the strongest one on that list. If anyone wins, I'd say Supes.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by newjak86
5. Bend as many steel girders as possible in a minute...

C'mon. Supes will throw an 18 wheeler farther than Juggs. He has tactile telekinesis. The only statement I possibly agree with is Event 1. Even that's a maybe.

newjak86
C'mon. Supes will throw it farther than Juggs. The only statement I possibly agree with is Event 1. Even that's a maybe. Not really Supes has a limit while Juggs doesn'y Thanos is almost like Juggs except Juggsbget shis power directly from a baing who is above skyfather. Hulk takes time to call on his limitless strength so he isn't a factor.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Juggernaut !!! Dude........... e punched a hole through a dimension !!!!

Hulk punched through time, and destroyed an entire dimension by deflecting the Night Crawler's energy attack with a thunderclap. stick out tongue

Strongest one there is.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by olympian
"Thanos isn't stronger than Thor and Hulk"

As he was always written yes he is.

"Hulk didn't realize or care what he was doing when he moved the Earth, or how doing so would affect anyone. Savage Hulk is an imbecile"

Hulk moved the earth? When. Not 100% sure. I'll have to look it up.

chris_64256
Supes takes this I dont remeber who said this but I looked it up and its true in the Dc library supes level is 250 tons. And thats even a supes holding back always afraid of killing someone or hurting them and that is a sick power level..... AS far as the Hulk goes I love the hulk but he starts out at 100 maybe a little more He has the potential but it takes time for him to get there, By the way how much time between events? That makes a big diference if this takes hours supes easy a day or more you have to give it to the hulk...

Marvel=DC
Where do I fit into this? I've easily taken Superman, Thor, Hulk and Thanos at one time or another.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by chris_64256
Supes takes this I dont remeber who said this but I looked it up and its true in the Dc library supes level is 250 tons. And thats even a supes holding back always afraid of killing someone or hurting them and that is a sick power level..... AS far as the Hulk goes I love the hulk but he starts out at 100 maybe a little more He has the potential but it takes time for him to get there, By the way how much time between events? That makes a big diference if this takes hours supes easy a day or more you have to give it to the hulk...

Superman and Hulk are both WAY above 250 tons or 100 ton lifting range. The length of time it takes Hulk to get stronger differs between incarnations. Simply by getting angry/stressed/afraid/etc. Savage Hulk can gain any level of strength at any given time. As much strength as he needs. There's no weight that's too heavy for him. He's truely the strongest superbeing ever.

olympian
"Not 100% sure. I'll have to look it up."

Thanks.

"Simply by getting angry/stressed/afraid/etc. Savage Hulk can gain any level of strength at any given time. As much strength as he needs. There's no weight that's too heavy for him. He's truely the strongest superbeing ever."

You mean barring cosmics and the like.

dvampire
I say Superman (because of sun granting powers every day, he'll always be getting stronger), Thor (his powers to use the Odin force will always put him as being a big threat), and Doomsday (powers to evolve).

chris_64256
Look up the marvel directory on hulk in a calm state his functional strength is at 70 tons look it up he only breaks the 100 ton level in a enraged state. Then hes has the potential he just doesnt snap and lift millions of pounds its a process he can possilby get there but it would takes some time... thats why I asked how much time between events. Hooorah

Cosmic Cube
Look up the marvel directory on hulk in a calm state his functional strength is at 70 tons look it up he only breaks the 100 ton level in a enraged state. Then hes has the potential he just doesnt snap and lift millions of pounds its a process he can possilby get there but it would takes some time... thats why I asked how much time between events. Hooorah

Marvel directory isn't a canon source. The only Hulk with a base strength of 70 tons is the Grey Hulk. Hulk's more powerful incarnations are much, much stronger than that. Savage Hulk once carried a couple million tons of lumber without strain, and he even moved an entire tectonic plate (weighing countless megatons,) with his bare hands.

Another thing; Savage Hulk doesn't need to get extremely angry to become strong enough to lift something extremely heavy. He has an infinite power source inside of him that allows him to gain crazy amounts of strength when he needs to, just by getting angry. All he would have to do is get angry, and then try to lift it.

Because of this ability, Hulk can become much, much stronger than anyone on in this contest.

chris_64256
Are we talking about savage hulk? I thougth it was normal hulk.

Juntai
Marvel directory isn't a canon source. The only Hulk with a base strength of 70 tons is the Grey Hulk. Hulk's more powerful incarnations are much, much stronger than that. Savage Hulk once carried a couple million tons of lumber without strain, and he even moved an entire tectonic plate (weighing countless megatons,) with his bare hands.

Another thing; Savage Hulk doesn't need to get extremely angry to become strong enough to lift something extremely heavy. He has an infinite power source inside of him that allows him to gain crazy amounts of strength when he needs to, just by getting angry. All he would have to do is get angry, and then try to lift it.

Because of this ability, Hulk can become much, much stronger than anyone on in this contest. But, it is not unusually powered up or powered down versions of the characters, but their continuous "optimum" state, and Superman proves to be SUPERior far more often than any of these other characters physically.

chris_64256
I just want to know one thing how did Hulk turn into the savage hulk in this thread man there is alot haters in the house..

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Juntai
But, it is not unusually powered up or powered down versions of the characters, but their continuous "optimum" state, and Superman proves to be SUPERior far more often than any of these other characters physically.

Well, whoever made the thread should have specified. stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
Are we talking about savage hulk? I thougth it was normal hulk.

Sigh. Whether it was normal Hulk or not, Superman wins these contests. He's stronger than normal Hulk at his base strength, and he has what it takes to perform better in these contests than any of the other contestants.

Marvel=DC
Sigh. Whether it was normal Hulk or not, Superman wins these contests. He's stronger than normal Hulk at his base strength, and he has what it takes to perform better in these contests than any of the other contestants.

Or anywhere else for that matter. wink

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
Or anywhere else for that matter. wink

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jgiant
HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jgiant
HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only when he's Savage Hulk, or Mindless.

But you're right. big grin

kgkg
Only when he's Savage Hulk, or Mindless.

But you're right. big grin
I think mindless was a lot stronger and got stronger much faster

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
I think mindless was a lot stronger and got stronger much faster That's because Mindless Hulk doesn't even have to get angry to exercise near infinite strength. He's an infinity of physical power. Almost like the infinity power gem.

But in truth, Savage Hulk can do anything Mindless Hulk can do, with one stipulation: He has to get mad first.

kgkg
That's because Mindless Hulk doesn't even have to get angry to exercise any level of strength. Mindless Hulk is an infinity of physical power. Almost like the infinity power gem.

But in truth, Savage Hulk can do anything Mindless Hulk can do, but he has to get mad first.
So why wasn't he able to K.O Surfer?

Surfer have him all the shot he needed, and He couldn't scratch him

Cosmic Cube
So why wasn't he able to K.O Surfer?

Surfer have him all the shot he needed, and He couldn't scratch him

Are you talking about the Onslaught saga? That wasn't Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk can't talk.

kgkg
Are you talking about the Onslaught saga? That wasn't Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk can't talk.
He can't? Am confused

Cosmic Cube
He can't? Am confused

That was Heroes Reborn Hulk. Thats why Surfer is talking about the "interdimensional energy" radiating from Hulk. That version of Hulk was created by Onslaught's reality warping power. He's a seperate entity form 616 Hulk.

Surfer has never encountered Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk wrestled the pre-retconned Beyonder to the ground. He only became weaker once he started fading from existance. Then the Avengers beat him. Mindless Hulk never talks.

kgkg
That was Heroes Reborn Hulk. Thats why Surfer is talking about the "interdimensional energy" radiating from Hulk. That version of Hulk was created by Onslaught's reality warping power. He's a seperate entity form 616 Hulk.

Surfer has never encountered Mindless Hulk. Mindless Hulk wrestled the pre-retconned Beyonder to the ground. He only became weaker once he started fading from existance. Then the Avengers beat him. Mindless Hulk never talks.
No am talking about the time where SS tries to turn Hulk back to Bruce.

But there is no Bruce (it was just the Hulk)

Isn’t that the mindless hulk?

Blood_Rayne

Because of this ability, Hulk can become much, much stronger than anyone on in this contest.

That wasn't even the Savage Hulk because he still had his intelligence so if the normal hulk was that strong image how much the savage Hulk can lift.

Cosmic Cube
No am talking about the time where SS tries to turn Hulk back to Bruce.

But there is no Bruce (it was just the Hulk)

Isn’t that the mindless hulk?

I think I know what you're talking about. It's an older comic. If it was Mindless Hulk, he had probably already started to get weaker from seperation. Physically, the pre-retcon Beyonder couldn't overcome Mindless Hulk at full power.

Ultimate Hulk43
Superman,definitely.

JediMasterLuke5
Superman is the strongest, he's a mover of planet's

h1a8
Originally posted by newjak86

Event 3:
Winner: Juggs I say this because he can tap into a large power source potentially toss the thing to far for anybody else
Winner Juggs

understand that a throw's distance is dependant upon its intial velocity and not the throwers strength.
That is basic physics!
That is why randy johnson throws 100mph and a body builder can barely throw 70mph on average.
Juggernaut may be strong but he is fairly slow. Actually he is the slowest of them all in this contest. There is no Juggs is going to have more intial velocity on his throw than Superman or the others. So Superman wins this and Juggs comes in last on this event.

yahman

Millions of tons of lumber ?

h1a8
Superman and Hulk are both WAY above 250 tons or 100 ton lifting range. The length of time it takes Hulk to get stronger differs between incarnations. Simply by getting angry/stressed/afraid/etc. Savage Hulk can gain any level of strength at any given time. As much strength as he needs. There's no weight that's too heavy for him. He's truely the strongest superbeing ever.

I agree somewhat.
he/she is lying or d.c. library is not official. I went to an official d.c. site a while ago and that stated that post crisis superman upper limit is unknown and his limit is more than 100,000 tons. They point out instances where post crisis superman lifted incalculable tons. action comics 585 and 589. jla 75,80

Hulk's start strength is 100 tons. This is a fact. Look it up anywhere. Hulk cannot gain any level of strength at any given time. He was beaten unconscience many times by creatures far more powerful than him at the start (like abomination). His strength grew too slow for him to have a chance in these fights. In this contest there is nothing to enrage hulk for his strength to become sufficient.

h1a8

its true you are a hulk fan. you must read handbooks by marvel though.
hulk's start strength is roughly 100 tons. but it grows from there. and false, hulk does need to get extremely angry to become strong enough to lift something extremely heavy. any and all sources whether official or not will tell you that this is the utter definition of hulk. why are you making up new power descriptions for hulk. I've even seen with my own eyes comics as a kid where savage hulk couldn't lift some very heavy things and where he was beaten unconscience by beings far more powerful at the start. He strength grew too slow for him to have a chance.

olympian
"Superman is the strongest, he's a mover of planet's"

Pre crisis maybe. Post crisis, only amped.

"hulk's start strength is roughly 100 tons. but it grows from there"

Hulks start strenght its Samson level. A bit higher perhaps. Not cl 100 or high cl 100. He does get there pretty easy tho.

"I've even seen with my own eyes comics as a kid where savage hulk couldn't lift some very heavy things and where he was beaten unconscience by beings far more powerful at the start"

And who doesnt get beat by beings more powerful....?

yahman
"Superman is the strongest, he's a mover of planet's"

Pre crisis maybe. Post crisis, only amped.

"hulk's start strength is roughly 100 tons. but it grows from there"

Hulks start strenght its Samson level. A bit higher perhaps. Not cl 100 or high cl 100. He does get there pretty easy tho.

"I've even seen with my own eyes comics as a kid where savage hulk couldn't lift some very heavy things and where he was beaten unconscience by beings far more powerful at the start"

And who doesnt get beat by beings more powerful....?

I agree with all this. smile The Gamma transformation is obviously very sensative to emotional and physical changes. human physical effects such as weight training and adrenaline have major impacts on it. smile

juggernaut74
What the hell is the Thing doing on this list?

Herc or Colossus should be on it over him.

JediMasterLuke5
The General should be on the list too.

Cosmic Cube
its true you are a hulk fan. you must read handbooks by marvel though.
hulk's start strength is roughly 100 tons. but it grows from there. and false, hulk does need to get extremely angry to become strong enough to lift something extremely heavy. any and all sources whether official or not will tell you that this is the utter definition of hulk. why are you making up new power descriptions for hulk. I've even seen with my own eyes comics as a kid where savage hulk couldn't lift some very heavy things and where he was beaten unconscience by beings far more powerful at the start. He strength grew too slow for him to have a chance.

All you can go by is the handbook, becaus you haven't read enough about Savage Hulk. He's moved planets, and done far greater things with his strength than Post-crisis Supes can acclaim to. If you can recall a comic wherein Hulk couldn't lift something, give me an issue number. I'll look through my collection. I can assure you, it's never happened.

As for getting beaten by beings who are far more powerful, who doesn't? However, Hulk has NEVER been unable to match the strength of his opponent, no matter how strong they are.

SAVAGE Hulk does not start off at Samson's level. He starts off at or just below Thor's level, and his strength increases like it's nothing. He's high class 100.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
What the hell is the Thing doing on this list?

Herc or Colossus should be on it over him.

Thing has heart.

olympian
"SAVAGE Hulk does not start off at Samson's level"

What level does Samson have to you? Without taking his low showing (kinda) agaist Grey Hulk, he always seem to do well at the start against Savage Hulk, (meaning start/base and going down after a time).

And wich planets did the Hulk moved tho?

Cosmic Cube
"SAVAGE Hulk does not start off at Samson's level"

What level does Samson have to you? Without taking his low showing (kinda) agaist Grey Hulk, he always seem to do well at the start against Savage Hulk, (meaning start/base and going down after a time).

And wich planets did the Hulk moved tho?

Savage Hulk's 'base' strength is wildly inconsistant. Sometimes Thing can give him a good fight. At other times, he's seen moving tectonic plates. At other times, stalemating or overcoming Thor. His 'base' strength is impossible to measure. Fights are never a good way to judge. However, he's never failed at lifting something, calm or not.

I'd say that the Doc he has the same base strength as Grey Hulk when calm.

Savage Hulk moved the Earth. He punched it so hard that shockwaves traveled all the way to the other side of the globe, and the planet shifted out of it's orbit. It's not like he can fly and push it.

olympian
"Savage Hulk's 'base' strength is wildly inconsistant. Sometimes Thing can give him a good fight."

Its my opinion but Samson has at least one fight where he did better than Thing usually did. I`d even say ever. And a ko (ok, suckerpunch) that gives the notion that both wer more or less in the same escalation. It happened when Hulk turned around and wasent "angry".

Or then again Byrne Samson was like that but the rest falls short, perhaps.

"Savage Hulk moved the Earth. He punched it so hard that shockwaves traveled all the way to the other side of the globe, and the planet shifted out of it's orbit. It's not like he can fly and push it."

Thats one mad feat, where did it happened?

Cosmic Cube
"Savage Hulk's 'base' strength is wildly inconsistant. Sometimes Thing can give him a good fight."

Its my opinion but Samson has at least one fight where he did better than Thing usually did. I`d even say ever. And a ko (ok, suckerpunch) that gives the notion that both wer more or less in the same escalation. It happened when Hulk turned around and wasent "angry".

Or then again Byrne Samson was like that but the rest falls short, perhaps.

"Savage Hulk moved the Earth. He punched it so hard that shockwaves traveled all the way to the other side of the globe, and the planet shifted out of it's orbit. It's not like he can fly and push it."

Thats one mad feat, where did it happened?
He was a bit peeved. I believe it was TIH#230.

My point is that Savage Hulk's base strength can't really be measured, and therefore, it's irrelevant. He's never calm in a fight, and his strength can increase by ridiculous amounts in a very short time.

yahman

My point is that Savage Hulk's base strength can't really be measured, and therefore, it's irrelevant. He's never calm in a fight, and his strength can increase by ridiculous amounts in a very short time.

I agree, Base strength was some silly notion the Hand books made up to look clever.

olympian
"He was a bit peeved. I believe it was TIH#230."

Thanks.

"I agree, Base strength was some silly notion the Hand books made up to look clever."

I think it was in the comics itself that Samson once said to be at that level. But cant be sure or confirm.

"He's never calm in a fight, and his strength can increase by ridiculous amounts in a very short time"

Agreed, but its exactly the fact that he wasent angry when Samson pulled that one, where the notion comes/came from.

Out of that example, yes its difficult to measure anyway, especially with the variations the character has had.

second_coming27
What about Thor? i heard he lifted Surtur's sword called Twilight which weights roughly equal to a white dwarf star (just imagine how heavy is that?) and lifted the midgard serpent which is as heavy as the earth itself (i assume that earth or most planets are not as heavy as a white dwarf star though)..

So, in my opinion, judging only by mere strength, Thor is in the same league with Hulk and Superman if not stronger. I disagree with u guys saying that Hulk or Supe is physically stronger than Thor.

But then again, this is not a mere strength contest..so the one with th e most durability as well as speed wins this one. Honestly, i cant tell who that might be. Maybe its Supes, Thor, Hulk, or Juggy.

Cosmic Cube
edit

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by second_coming27
What about Thor? i heard he lifted Surtur's sword called Twilight which weights roughly equal to a white dwarf star (just imagine how heavy is that?) and lifted the midgard serpent which is as heavy as the earth itself (i assume that earth or most planets are not as heavy as a white dwarf star though)..

So, in my opinion, judging only by mere strength, Thor is in the same league with Hulk and Superman if not stronger. I disagree with u guys saying that Hulk or Supe is physically stronger than Thor.

But then again, this is not a mere strength contest..so the one with th e most durability as well as speed wins this one. Honestly, i cant tell who that might be. Maybe its Supes, Thor, Hulk, or Juggy.

Superman wins in this contest. It's best suited for him.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Olympian
"He was a bit peeved. I believe it was TIH#230."

Thanks.

"I agree, Base strength was some silly notion the Hand books made up to look clever."

I think it was in the comics itself that Samson once said to be at that level. But cant be sure or confirm.

"He's never calm in a fight, and his strength can increase by ridiculous amounts in a very short time"

Agreed, but its exactly the fact that he wasent angry when Samson pulled that one, where the notion comes/came from.

Out of that example, yes its difficult to measure anyway, especially with the variations the character has had.

Agreed, olympian. After giving it some careful thought, I've come to the conclusion that you're right. Savage Hulk isn't quite as strong when calm. However, he's clearly far stronger than the 100 ton cap everyone puts on him. Calm, he's not as strong as Superman/Thor/Herc. Normally, he's as strong as Superman/Thor/Herc. Enraged, he can be stronger than virtually anyone, and it shows. Here's how Savage Hulk fits into the strength hierarchy.

1) Savage Hulk (enraged - potentially limitless)
2) Superman/Thor/Immortal Hercules/Savage Hulk (normally)
3) Wonder Woman/Savage Hulk(calm)/She-Hulk(current)
4) Captain Marvel/Hercules(mortal)

He's not always at Earth-moving strength, but he can get there in the snap of a finger. Savage Hulk's greatest feats of strength compare to Pre-crisis Superman's. Savage Hulk is almost like "Pre-crisis" Hulk. He's inconsistent but his greatest feats of strength cannot be regarded as anything but uber.

h1a8
He's moved planets, and done far greater things with his strength than Post-crisis Supes can acclaim to.

SAVAGE Hulk does not start off at Samson's level. He starts off at or just below Thor's level, and his strength increases like it's nothing. He's high class 100.

He hasn't move any planets. What are you talking about? Superman has move planets, destroyed solar systems with a sneeze, extinguished stars with his breath, threw spaceships to other solar systems,etc.

You are right to a degree. Sometimes (very rare) Hulk strength has increased very fast. But most times his strength grows slowly with his rage. Also many sources including handbooks say that Hulk
's start strength is around 100 tons and that in his calmest Hulk state he is at 70 tons. But on average Hulk is way above 100 tons. But note: there is nothing in these events to enrage Hulk for his strength to become sufficient to beat the others (like superman, thor, etc.).

h1a8

can doesn't mean will (most times it doesn't happen like that).
Hulk only fought Thor to a stalemate only because Hulk's strength increased. If his strength wouldn't have increased then he would have lost for sure.
also the incredible feats you've named is not start Hulk but a more than average enraged Hulk. And yes I seen (I can't remember the comic though) where Hulk couldn't do something (whether it was lifting, pushing, or pulling an object) But he was able to do it when he got more angry.

Mindship
If this is purely strength, Hulk wins, cuz he gets himself incalculably angry before each competition by eating something and accidently biting the inside of his cheek.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Hulk.
Hulk didn't realize or care what he was doing when he moved the Earth, or how doing so would affect anyone. Savage Hulk is an imbecile.

Superman moving the Earth using his flight, strength, and tactile telekinesis is not illogical; it's incredible, but he's just that powerful. Hulk punching the Earth and moving it from it's orbit isn't illogical, it's incredible. If Hulk punched the earth, and it turned into a grapefruit, that would be illogical. Incredible and illogical are not synonyms.

In case you were wondering "sneezing away a solar system" is highly illogical. Not incredible, illogical.

Hulk moved the matter-antimatter orbs in "Marvel Team-up featuring Spiderman," published in 1988. The difference between Pre-crisis Superman and Hulk is that Hulk has never been "ret-conned" (retroactive continuity.) In the DC timeline, Pre-Crisis Superman never existed, and none of his feats ever occurred. Hulk could meet or exceed anyone's strength give time and a sufficient source of stress; even Superman Prime. But, we're talking about Normal Savage Hulk and Normal JLA Superman.

Superman is a solar battery. Like any battery, his body can only hold so much sunlight. Hulk is a gamma radiation generator. Hulk relies only on anger, adrenaline flow, and his overactive medulla oblongata. The more physical or emotional stress he experiences, his strength increases exponentially. He gradually gains body mass, allowing him to attain limitless levels of strength.

Are you sure supes left because he could no longer absorb energy cause I dont remember that being stated.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindship
If this is purely strength, Hulk wins, cuz he gets himself incalculably angry before each competition by eating something and accidently biting the inside of his cheek.

Your very funny. But Hulk couldn't bite himself (That's impossible!)
Why?
For the same reason you can't (unless you are crazy).
And he couldn't eat anything that would hurt him.
And these things wouldn't even make him angry but happy since he has to be crazy to do these things.

h1a8

It is a canon source for they quote from marvel universe. I will quote from a canon marvel source (the handbook). "Hulk's strength increases in direct proportion to his anger." So his strength level depends on his anger level.

joesha28
Originally posted by azndrgn

Winner of each contest

1) Hulk (he can be knocked out but this will not tired him, Supes can use speed but will tired. runner up will be Thor)

2) Thor (Supes and DD have speed adv here, but mjolnir was allowed no one matches Thor speed.)

3) Hulk,Thor,Supes,DD tied

4)Hulk

5)Hulk,Thor,Supes,DD tied

id369
Out of this list Thanos with out a doubt..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>