Why does everyone hate T3???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
Anyone here a fan of The Terminator? Anyone going to see T3:Rise of the Machines when it comes out this summer?

Augeybana
Hell yeah!! I saw the trailer it looked great.Arnold back to the box office from a brief hiatus.I heard Arnold got $30 million for this movie a world record.

GordonSkywalker
Boy am I looking forward to this one! I am a huge fan of Arnold in general, and of Terminator 2:Judgement Day specifically, so this long-awaited sequel is on the top of my list of movies to see.

Augeybana
this movie going to make a lot of money.

GordonSkywalker
Oh yeah. It has the best potential for outshining Hulk and X2 as this summer's big blockbuster!

Augeybana
True but the matrix 2 will give it tuff competion and T3 might be the year's biggest movie.I feel a record coming on.

ToMacco
I have little hopes for T3 to be any good. The first two were so good. And I'm a little nervous about no Sarah Conner, no James Cameron. It doesn't look good.

Augeybana
True many sequels that go past 2 are usually never good,Godfather 3 aleins 3,scary.But no matter what it'll still make money.

ToMacco
Yup. I was suprised that Terminator 2 was good. The first one was excelent.

GordonSkywalker
I didn't like the first one, but I enjoyed T2 immensely.

ToMacco
Wow, how could you not like the first one? The ending was terrific!

They ended up killing the terminator, but nothing was actually acomplished if you think about it. The end of the world is still coming, and Sarah knows it.

She's at that gas station and those creepy clouds come looming in. Then the gas station dude says "Uh oh, there's a storm coming in!"

Then Sarah goes ". . . I know." Then drives off into the mountains, with the Terminator Theme symbolizing the damning of the Earth.

GordonSkywalker
I liked that ending to the first one, but not the entire film!

ToMacco
Ahh, sure you did. Come on. Admit it!

Asami
Guess what...... I've only seen Terminator. And that was pretty recent. And thats only because my bf made me watch it. He also made me watch Predator.
Is he a good boyfriend?!?!?!

ofcourse he is, but he MADE me watch those movies!!!

GordonSkywalker
(LOL!) Don't know much about Predator, but the first Terminator was too dark for me. I enjoyed the second installment more than the first. laughing out loud

Augeybana
Yeah but pedator kicked @$$ and the second one did good.I'm happy there aren't making a predator 3 anytime soon and messing up the series.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, I know what you mean. Like how there is way too much Star Trek now days. It kind of ruins its appeal if it's everywhere you look. I never saw either of the Predator movies, so I don't know how good(or bad) they actually were.

Augeybana
You have to watch it right now.It's a really great movie with good action.

GordonSkywalker
Maybe I can find it at a reduced price at a movies store.

Augeybana
That's a good idea that movie over 10 years old it's probaly price is $2.00.

GordonSkywalker
That I can handle.

Augeybana
I got Castaway dvd for $4.00 yesterday.

GordonSkywalker
yeah? There's a place here where they sell a whole bunch of old videos and cds at really low prices. I have been meaning to get over there to look around, but they're closed everytime I get there. Tapes usually run for something like $3 and music casettes are fifty cents to a dollar. Nice place if I can ever get back over there!

Augeybana
Sometimes I to lazy to get up to even go to blockbuster which is only a block away.

GordonSkywalker
Blockbuster here is usually crowded with parents and their children, and makes it difficult to get in and out what with the long lines and all!

Augeybana
Hell yeah and on weekends the line reaches back toward the back of the Store.But many places like West Coast video try to go head to head with Blockbuster but end up closing.

GordonSkywalker
There must be a lot of competition with Blockbuster. Around here there's a lot of movie stores:Hollywood Video, Target, the one in the mall, and two more I don't know the names of.

Augeybana
The more there are the lower the prices.

BOPRecruit 16
the terminator 1 and 2 were okay. but do they really need another one? it just seems like they are dragging on the story and it's not going to be great. i don't hate the movies. just been too long since the 1 and 2.

GordonSkywalker
I see your point, but there is always some distance between these films. The Terminator was in 1984 or '85, and T2 was in 1991. So it's been just a few years longer than the gap between 1 and 2.

GordonSkywalker
Correction: I just realised the time between 2 and 3 is TWICE the time between 1 and 2. Mathematical error!

Augeybana
I hope T3 is good 3 movies in a franchise hasn't been successful lately.Even in the action market.

GordonSkywalker
There's no way T3 can fail at the box office. It's got a built-in fan base, even if the last installment was twelve years ago! As for the absence of both James Cameron and Linda Hamilton, it's sad but at least we get another chance to see Arnold in action doing what he loves to do.

Augeybana
Yeah he's been on a slump over the years in the box office.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I think he did some bad movies like Eraser and The 6th Day. At least I thought they were bad. And what about True Lies?

RossBond
There's a new TV spot up at techcomforces.com

T3 Will Indeed kick ass!

GordonSkywalker
Good news indeed,RossBond! I for one am absolutely excited they're actually releasing a third Terminator! But I have heard Eddie Furlong(the original John Connor in T2) will not be reprising his role as John Connor. They got someone else. And Clare Danes is playing his girlfriend or something. At least we can once again cheer Arnold along-once again he is the good guy here!

Julie
I haven't seen the first 2 I think I'll hold off seeing the new one...besides the trailer didn't make me "really" want to see T3

GordonSkywalker
Ah, Terminator is cool.

Augeybana
How can anybody not want to see that movie it's Arnold best.

GordonSkywalker
You're telling me. The whole thing is what made him a household name back in '84 or '85. He is the reason there are such things as action heroes.

Augeybana
Yeah I hope though this isn't Arnold last big box office hit.

GordonSkywalker
He's a classic. I hope this isn't his last hurrah.

Augeybana
Yeah it's hard for classic action hero to make it still big like Sylvester Stallone,Jean Claud Van Dame,Steven Segal.You never know it might happened to Jet Li or Van Diesle in ten years.

GordonSkywalker
Van Damme is a personal favorite of mine. Universal Soldier and the Legionaiire are great films.

Augeybana
Yeah a classic is bloodsport.Kickboxer wasn't that good but wasn't that bad.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I remember Kickboxer.....

Augeybana
To bad the sequeals were terrible.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, they made a bunch of them didn't they?

Augeybana
Yeah they had that bad actor play him I forgot he's name though.He was a more worst actor than JCVD.

GordonSkywalker
Probably explains why the sequels wre flops. Same thing with Universal Soldier. They made a bunch of made-for-cable tv sequels but without Van Damme. Then, about seven years after the original film, he comes and does a true sequel, which was in the theaters.

Augeybana
Yeah now he just too video movies where it never gets on theaters just on the video.

GordonSkywalker
Don't you just hate it when that happens? Your favorite actors start doing straight-to- cable- movies that you know you might never see,as opposed to theaterical releases.

Augeybana
Yeah it's like a down grade from doing great to trying your best to survive.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, an actor's graveyard they should call it....

Augeybana
I hope it doesn't happened to Jet LI or Vin Disele.

GordonSkywalker
I still maintain that T3 will be an excellent entry into the series. Arnold is back and should be good to go when this baby hits theaters this summer!

Tevesh
he's a great action hero. but it's just too easy to make fun of him, any one seen the mad tv spoofs of him? those are too funny.

no offense arnold, or any arnold lovers

Augeybana
Yeah it going to be the # one or 2 movie of the year by box office numbers

GordonSkywalker
I have actually seen the Mad paradies. They are funny if disrespectful.

Captain Tupolov
I hope T3 doesn't ruin the franchise by messing uo the storyline.

GordonSkywalker
I don't believe it will. If Arnold himself is backing the film's release then it has to be good.

Augeybana
Yeah but Arnold backed up Batman 4 alot too.But T3 should be good.

GordonSkywalker
He also backed up Last Action Hero, another favorite of mine. Batman 4 was a fluke though and he wasn't even the central character. This time will be different and T3 will be as successful as its predacessors I bet.

strider
IN ORDER FOR THIS MOVIE TO MAKE ANY MONEY THEY HAVE TO END THE WORLD... I MEAN ITS THE SAME STORY AS THE OTHER TWO... WHATS THE DRAW? SURE PEOPLE SAY THEY WILL GO AND SEE IT BUT WHOS TO SAY THEY WILL SHELVE OUT THE MONEY ON TICKET DAY HEE HEE.

PEOPLE MIGHT BE SAYING "EH.. ILL WAIT FOR DVD" BY OPENING DAY. THEY HAVE TO GO FOR IT MAN- - END THE WORLD! JUDGEMENT DAY HAS TO COME... OTHERWISE WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS MOVIE.. ITS JUST THE SAME THING...

GordonSkywalker
A most interesting viewpoint friend. I assume that was not a quote but were your very own words? cool

finti
aint all sequels like that then

GordonSkywalker
Sequels have a habit of adding on to an already established storyline that was supposedly concluded in the first chapter so to speak. Like Back to the Future was a stand alone film until they came out with the next two films. Simliar with The Terminator.

finti
back to the future sequels blew dog, and it is kind of simmilare the thing they do with Matrix. Both sequels with in a very short period of time, in my mind it is too much, they need to be atleast a year apart and then some....minimum

GordonSkywalker
That is what is so unusual about the Terminator films. There have only been three(yes I am counting the new one not yet released) films since 1984. That is a far cry from the so-called sequel-itis described on this thread.

GordonSkywalker
ATTENTION TERMINATOR FANS! T3:Rise of the Machines will be out July 2nd! The Official Movie Magazine and other related merchandise are being released between now and then! Enjoy!

Augeybana
I could never find those magazines everywhere I go.

GordonSkywalker
Do you live near a supermarket? That is where I got mine-at Food Lion.

Augeybana
Ohh I should try my path mark I always go to the seven eleven.

GordonSkywalker
Yeh seriously that's where I got mine from instead of Books-a-Million.

Augeybana
I wonder what's the budget on this movie.

GordonSkywalker
I don't know. Got be up there in the high millions though.

Augeybana
yeah the first week it comes out it has to make over $30 million to beat what Arnuld got payed this movie can't afford to Break even in the box office.

GordonSkywalker
Sounds problematic at best.

Augeybana
Yeah a lot going for this movie.

GordonSkywalker
Hopefully this will send Arnold into orbit again.

BackFire349
im just seeing it for the chick...yowsers.

Augeybana
Yeah that's cool it a women viilian I wouldn't piss her off.

BackFire349
you mis-understood, im seeing it because that girl is hotter then hell.

Augeybana
Yeah I know I'm saying she can also kick our @$$ too.

Tex
She's ugly.

Tevesh
she's pretty nice looking. i wonder how much of her we'll get to see when she transports through time....

chico23
Man you took the words out of my mouth. Nothing like a badass chick!

BackFire349
dude tex, have you seen her in the magazine maxim? god, she's gorgeous.

Tevesh
BackFire,

GUH?! eek! DUDE! why are you holding out on us! Freakin A! Find us some pictures of her on Maxim and post them!

Augeybana
Yeah what's her real name does anyone know??

GordonSkywalker
Kristanna Loken. I just went and checked my copy of the Terminator movie magazine. And yes she looks really good in Maxim. cool

Augeybana
I should buy that magazine then.

GordonSkywalker
Maxim or the movie mag? Either way great stuff.

Augeybana
Cool.I heard she can teleport is that true.

Augeybana
Cool.I heard she can teleport is that true.

GordonSkywalker
I don't know.

Augeybana
That would be awesome.

GordonSkywalker
Just over a month to go before Rise of the Machines is out in theaters!

Augeybana
yeah have you been on the siet pretty cool.

GordonSkywalker
Not yet. I just got the address from the official magazine though and will look it up later.

Augeybana
It's pretty good.

GordonSkywalker
I will check it out and let you know my thoughts.

Augeybana
Most of all action offical sites rock.

chico23
Why? I don't know, but the trailer and the T.V. spots here in the states have me so pumped for the next installment in the terminator series! It seems all my favorite things are coming to the big screen, but what about Sanford and son? C'mon people I need my fix!!!

GordonSkywalker
Do they not still show that on TV Land?

Augeybana
Yeah they do and it's still funny as hell.

GordonSkywalker
Redd Foxx was a mastermind of dangerous proportions and that show was funny as anything!

Augeybana
Yeah a hiliarious show that can be funny even at these times.

When those T3 go worldwide.

GordonSkywalker
Don't know. July 2nd is the official release date in America I think.

Augeybana
I hope Arnuld consider True Lies 2 that was a good movie.

arioch
One thing that I find annoying about the whole Terminator saga is that the first one was supposed to be the only one. According to Reece in T1, the human resistance destroyed the time machine after they sent him back to intercept the first Terminator. Although Reece unknowingly contaminates the timeline (actually fulfills his destiny) by impregnating Sarah Conner, he dies, closing the circle.

In T2, it was suggested that another Terminator (the T-1000) was sent back before the time machine was destroyed to kill John Conner as a teenager, and a reprogrammed T-800 (Arnie) was sent to intercept the new T model. This already brought about a continuity problem ... if the resistance was able to reprogram a Terminator at that time to take on the new model in 1991, then why weren't they able to reprogram a second one to take on the earlier one sent to 1984, since the four transports apparently occurred within a short time of each other (perhaps only enough time to program one T-800)? Also at the end of T2, Arnie heroically takes a dip in molten lava to prevent the use of any of his parts or information to be used to establish Skynet, the AI that destroys the world.

Now, we have T3, where the newest model eek! comes on the scene,
to kill John Conner (again) and /or establish the foundation for Skynet and destroy the world for the machines to rise.

Don't tell me that the machines were able to send a third Terminator,even more updated than the T-1000 (the new one is called the TX, and is referred to as the Queen of the machines before the time machine was destroyed without either of the previous saviors being aware of it!

In the original movie's storyline, the machines were losing against a human resistance being led by an adult John Conner. Is it possible that the machines have more than one time machine? If so, what is the point? Terminators can be sent at any point in time whenever the machines feel like it. Hopefully, the TX, being the Queen, will be the last of the bunch. However, as Patrick Stewart noted of the "last" Star Trek, if the movie makes $300 million, a sequel is inevitable.
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

GordonSkywalker
Arnold Schwartzenegger has stated there might be a Terminator 4. I have not read anything suggesting the TX is the "Queen of the machines". She is simply an advanced model over the T-1000. Also what you are trying to understand is something we like to call...temporal paradox and cannot easily be explained.

Augeybana
Another pushing it a little to far now.

GordonSkywalker
I concur with the Augeycrawler. Thing is I don't even like the original Terminator. I only got into it when T2 came out in 1991 and got back into it when I saw it on TV two or three years ago. Oh and T2 aired again here last night. Fantastic stuff. I hope this new installment does as good-or better.

Augeybana
Hope so for Arnuld sake that is.

Tevesh
Even if they had sent the TX to ensure the establishment of Skynet and the death John Connor, as soon as Skynet had been destroyed and the parts from the very first terminator destroyed, all the machines would never be built. yet in the trailer, there they are.

I seriously hope that T3 takes place in august 1997, because that was the month of the Nuclear attack from Skynet. If it takes place now, 2003, the world should already be in a nuclear winter.

GordonSkywalker
Interesting points you make Tevesh. I am not as familiar with the Terminator timeline as I should be. Only a temporal paradox can explain the inconcistencies between the films. Besides that I cannot really say why one thing has to happen before the other can have happened.

Augeybana
True.

GordonSkywalker
Plus all this talk is making my head hurt.

Augeybana
Mines too

*searches for Advil*

GordonSkywalker
Besdies I don't even know the basic plot of T3. I just heard there is some time travel involved but thought we would finally see the actual war with the machines. Arnold was quoted as saying he is the good and the bad guy whatever that means!

Augeybana
I think he suppose to do the same thing like the last movie and help O'Connors.

Tevesh
in the trailer though he supposedly becomes infected by the TX and turns all evil while his basic programming is fighting off the virus. So he wants to kill conner, but doesn't at the same time...more of in internal struggle within the programming of a machine....looks really good.

Conner: "You don't can't do this. You don't WANT to do this."
Terminator: "Desire is irrelevant, I am a machine."

and later on as the Terminator attempting to kill Conner

Conner: "What is your mission?"
Terminator: "To ensure the survival of John Conner."
Conner: "You are about to FAIL!"

This movie is gonna be great. I hope John Conners script is really good. After all, since he is suppose to become the leader of all man kind to lead the war against the machines, he should be able to be articulate and not exactly suave in speaking manner, but be able to speak to stir up emotions in his fellow comrades and the audience as well.

GordonSkywalker
SPOILERS ON MY THREAD!!{Prepare for.... termination....} laughing out loud

Augeybana
*puts on hard hat*

Tevesh
wait a second guys...this was from the trailer available to all. anyone who went to go see the matrix or anyother recently released movie has seen the trailer, not to mention people who download them.

Augeybana
I got it from a site before seeing it before The Matrix Reloaded.

GordonSkywalker
I am not a big fan of spoliers am I Augey?

Augeybana
Guess not.

GordonSkywalker
Not normally no although I can see their value for people who don't ever get to the cinemas. In this day of technological wonders it is amazing that any plot points are kept secret for any given movie.

Augeybana
True but The Matrix was really kept secret.I don't know of any sites but I didn't know of the plot until 1 month before it came out just rumors which usually lie about movies plots.

Tevesh
that's because the brothers made 2 fake scrips to go with the real one, just in case someone tried leak it out on the 'net. but i don't know the exact plot for T3, i'm sure there's something instore for us that we don't expect. Just like in T2, i knew that another terminator had been sent back to protect JC from the T1000, but i didn't think they would destroy the skynet building. There's probably a plot twist in this movie as well

Augeybana
Yeah I remeber someone telling me that trinty might be a agent.

GordonSkywalker
I still do not like spoilers. And T3 is going to have a lot of suprises in store for us fans.

Augeybana
Yeah hope it's better then the 2.

snazzypants
OMG CAN ANYONE ELSE NOT WAIT UNTIL T3 COMES OUT? I AM TOTALLY HOOKED. IT IS ONE OF MY MOST FAVOURITE FILMS EVER!! DOES ANYONE FEEL THE SAME? THEN WRITE BACK!! rock

duffy
Yeah i cant wait but iv got a realy bad feeling that its gonna suk sad

snazzypants
i dont think it will suk but it makes no sense does it? i mean the first one was such a complete film in itself and the second one is fundamentally flawed seeing as the teleporters which made the terminator and that dude go back in time were broken... i am sooooo excited tho!! eek!

duffy
how where they broken?

snazzypants
basically i dunno cos its ages since i last saw it but they were fryed or sumthing by a power suge when the terminator was sent through time. thats why the dude cant go back to the future and it is essentially a suicide mission

HeIsTheOne
Looking forward to T3, James Cameron not directing, Oh well, He had his chance to do a trilogy. I was thinking this movie would be an utter bomb until I saw the International trailer, WoW! too bad Cameron, btw I have the T2 Extreme Edition & in the commentary he makes a crack at the line 'She'll be back' thats all he had to say about T3 when Arny said 'I'll be back' in T2.

I've seen more T.v. spots for T3 & any doubts I had about this film just flew out the window.

snazzypants
thats sounds good then... youve voted on my pollhavent you/ if not do it NOW!!!
that line really pisses me off too... in the trailer arny says, "it is time" which is such a cliche... oh well i hope it lives up to the hype?!

alaba
can't wait to see mr chunk in action again.....

snazzypants
apparantly they had to offer him LOADS of money for the film cos he didnt want to do it at all

RBall
love terminator, T2 being my fave film of ALL time - glad you feel the same "snazzypants"

xx

glenn
It will be better than 2 because it will be harder for arnie to save conner because he is up against something like him. But he will succeed. I hope.

Senor_Pessoba
it will be nice to see a little liquid metal action in this movie as well, hopefully she resembles the T-1000 in the abilities she has when she goes into that form

Senor_Pessoba
it will be great...if the story is not great(im sure it will be though)it will be great just for the action scenes alone...the stuff in the trailer looks so good..and Arnold turns bad again(picks up Conner and throws him into a wall..I AM A MACHINE)...that kicks ass...hopefully the whole movie will just kick ass..im sure it will be the best movie of the summer..probably be better than the Matrix too..cant wait for T4 as well

Katiedid25
I can't wait for T3 to come out July 2!! Happy Dance eek!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>