WonderMan versus Drax the Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
So finally I think I found an interesting fight.
What say you all???

LordFear
My money is on purple boy aka Drax!!

Scoobless
Drax is more green than purple........ Wonderman is purple

Betageuze
hmm..unfortunately i dont really know who in the hell is drax.....

i know that he fought the hulk... and has won different matches.....but i am not sure.. how strong he is

if he can beat the Hulk..... he will beat wonderman too

Linkalicious
Of course...I assume Drax does NOT have the power gem.

I'll go with Wonderman on this fight. I'm not sure Drax's true strength w/o the gem, but I know he's a moron to the point where other morons are jealous of him.

They duke it out for a while...then Wonderman uses his brain to outwit Drax.

LordFear
Well Drax's face as I recall is purple isn't it???
Anyway Betageuze, Drax was created to destroy Thanos but Thanos gave hime such a whallup that old purple tights when gaga. He is pretty much mindless, I mean the IQ of a three year old but he is a powerhouse none the less. WM well he is just pretty much a force of nature

Scoobless
he was created to battle and destroy Thanos....... though he never friggin' managed it (as far as i know)

http://comicscentral.tripod.com/marvelheroes/d/images/drax.jpg

LordFear
Link, c'mon dude!!!!!!!!
You can't possibly think Drax is gonna lose this fight?
BTW Hell no about the gem. Wouldn't be fair.
The guy is like the manifestation of power, raw strength.
C'mon a little support for our big stupid lug huh???

Linkalicious
Our friend has a green face....and a green body.

Thanos is purple.

And Yes, he is going to lose this fight because he's a moron...not because he's physically inadequate to handle Wonderman.

Scoobless
yeah.....Drax is one tough moron

http://www.actionfig.com/fc/drax_destroy.jpg

DigiMark007
Drax takes it. Sure he never actually beat Thanos, but he's closer to him than WM is.

-DM

LordFear
Link can you present a plausible scenario because I don't see that happening????
WM is not a genius to himself just merely an ordinary intellect. The guy is an actor for God's sake!!!
Furthermore Drax can go toe to toe with Hulk so therefore could just rage on WM all day long!!!

Linkalicious
Wonderman can go toe to toe with the Hulk just as well as Drax can.

Drax is the guy who swallowed his freaking power gem for God's sake!!!!

Plausible scenario.

WM> "Drax, go jump into the sun. It looks soft and warm"

Drax> "ok"

end.

Scoobless
Drax would win this, he wouldn't have an easy fight of it but he is too much like the hulk...... he may not get stronger all the time but he does get angrier and use more of his power...... which he has a ton of...... how powerful are his energy blasts?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Wonderman can go toe to toe with the Hulk just as well as Drax can.

Drax is the guy who swallowed his freaking power gem for God's sake!!!!

Plausible scenario.

WM> "Drax, go jump into the sun. It looks soft and warm"

Drax> "ok"

end.

Surfer dipped Drax into the sun once......it didn't bother him

the Darkone
wonderman and drax have the same strength and invulnerability. Drax no longer has the power gem. So wonderman has a chance to beat him in battle.

LordFear
Scoobles thanx for seeing it my way.
Drax when he gets angrier, he uses more of his strength.
The guy is stupid strong and a jump in the sun who knows how badly he will get hurt if at all because he was made to defeat Thanos who's skin is tougher than cowhide reason for his ugly demeanor!!!!

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Scoobless
Surfer dipped Drax into the sun once......it didn't bother him

you shitting me? confused

In all the Infinity Watch, Infinity Crusade, and Silver Surfer comics I have.....I've never seen Drax do anything of significance.

The only noteable thing he's done was provide some help for SS when he tried ressurecting his lady.

And swallowing his "shiny stone"

Scoobless
you shitting me? confused

nope, for real....... hold on, i'll go get the book........ time goes by (for me anyway)........

ok, the book is "Silver Surfer..... Rebirth of Thanos" Surfer is trying to get rid of Drax, who is not letting go of his surfboard...... he rams him through an asteroid then flies him into the sun......... the only thing Drax says is "Where's Thanos?"........ he isn't hurt at all......... this is all after the Surfer gets angry with him, decks him and blasts him when he's down....... he just keeps getting up and asking "Where's Thanos?"

Drax has a real mad on for Thanos it would seem

it's also stated that Chronos has given Drax the ability to tap into a limitless power supply to fight Thanos with

Linkalicious
Any idea when Drax's first appearance was?

I'm going to follow his short history over the next couple of months through back issues.

Scoobless
Any idea when Drax's first appearance was?

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/sur...files/drax.html

Scoobless
big grin

Linkalicious
no love from that link. sad

Scoobless
hold on........

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/drax.html

try it now

actually that profile says he can only lift 40 tons......... that can't be right

this one is for an rpg

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-D/Drax.htm

K Von Doom
Drax would win. More than just having Hulk-level strength, he also uses cosmic power. He's not the smartest but once he gets the idea that he has to destroy Wonderman, Simon would get squashed.

Heracles
Drax's basic strength level without the power Gem is indeed 40 tons.

I'm afraid that is quite correct his power blasts and his invunerability are the things that make him more dangerous than his Strength in his original incarnation.

Incidentally it was his daughter MoonDragon who is responsible for his mental state she switched off his brain when he and other hero's tried to overthrow her when she took over a planet.

This in effect killed him and he was taken back to Titan when he came back to life he had brain damage.

With the power gem he was as strong as the Hulk (even though Thor still creamed him).

Without the Power Gem Wondy could take him with it no way on earth!

Lets not forget he was never at Thanos power level in his original form and was never able to stop him but Thanos could never put him down for good and he was certainly a pain in the Titans ass!

Heracles
Oh and the RPG site is listing Drax's stats with the Gem the Stats without are just below it but there slightly out as Str- Inc means a 10 ton limit it should read Str- Amazing which would indicate an upper limit of 50 tons.

K Von Doom
I'm quite certain Drax is more than Class 40. A class 40 individual wouldn't be able to go toe-to-toe against Thor (Infinity Crusade), Firelord (Silver Surfer, IG crossover) and Hulk (Warlock & Infinity Watch #?).

Heracles
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm quite certain Drax is more than Class 40. A class 40 individual wouldn't be able to go toe-to-toe against Thor (Infinity Crusade), Firelord (Silver Surfer, IG crossover) and Hulk (Warlock & Infinity Watch #?).

In all the above cases you stated he had the power gem and was above class 100. wink

Heracles
Except for the Firelord one.

But Firelord isnt anywhere near Surfers power lvl his Strength level is around the same as Drax's Original lvl (without using his cosmic power to boost it) and Drax is darn near Invunerable and cannot be killed by anything short of a mental blast.

FireLord

Height: 6 ft. 4 in.
Weight: 220 lbs. (Earth gravity)
Eyes: White
Hair: Yellow
Unusual features: Firelord's hair is tinged with cosmic flame.

Strength level: As a consequence of his cosmic form and metabolism, Firelord is far stronger than a human being. When he channels his cosmiic energy into acts of physical strength, he can augment his musculature to enable him to lift (press) 50 tons

Heracles
I think people are getting Strength levels and power confused on the Drax Issue that fact that Drax cannot be killed by physical means makes him pretty tough and powerful its not just about what he can bench press.

cherry cola
LordFear wasn't Wonderman an engineer as well as an actor. If Drax is relly that stupid I will say Wonderman takes it. On pure power Drax will win.

LordFear
Well Cherry I will have to research that further, fore now I am uncertain. But one thing remains the same, if Drax goes toe to toe with Thanos who although he hasn't beaten the Titan but still can live to tell about it, Simon's intellect pales in comparison to our boy Thanos. I doubt that intellect would really make a difference in this match up. Drax I am almost positive is stronger than just class 40. Has to be atleast 80.
Cuz that would mean that Drax is less powerful then IRONMAN who is a class 70-85 at normal operation. That's crazy!!!!!

Scoobless
apparently Drax is class 40 but unkillable by physical means....... so no matter how many times WM puts him down he should always get back up

LordFear
I have read in WM's bio that he does tire eventually. Therefore at one point realizing that Drax just won't stay down, he would then begin to panic knowing that he is running out of juice while his opponent is just standing there ready for another assault.
WM loses this one!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.