Gladiator vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who will win this bout ?

kgkg
Gladiator

savagerampage
gladiator cant hurt juggernaut, i say juggernaut would win if he can land the punches.

kgkg
he will grab Jugs throw in the Sun.

he ain't hitting , some who travel beyond light speed
-he can take hits from Jugs.

savagerampage
throwing juggs into the sun isnt going to do much to him. The whole lightspeed thing is laughable when hes getting nailed by cannonball lol.
Gladiator is one of the biggest jobbers in comics. and please lets not bring that juggernaut, gladiator meeting in the cartoons. cause he just threw juggs, and in the final part of that saga, rouge was beating his ass.

kgkg
Originally posted by savagerampage
throwing juggs into the sun isnt going to do much to him. The whole lightspeed thing is laughable when hes getting nailed by cannonball lol.
Gladiator is one of the biggest jobbers in comics. and please lets not bring that juggernaut, gladiator meeting in the cartoons. cause he just threw juggs, and in the final part of that saga, rouge was beating his ass.

Throwing him won't do anything , he can't escape suns gravity game over rite there.

and cannonball? have you read that comic you whould know what happend.

Gladiator could kill cannonball in seconds.

savagerampage
I agree he could kill cannonball in seconds. but thats the only way gladiator could win, by ring out. if they were to fight, closed quarters, juggs durability would prevail over gladiator, and he would lose.

hes such a jobber

kgkg
Gladiator moves planets, rips stars

jugs lifts trucks , and houses big difference in power.

savagerampage
moving stars, and lifting them are totally different things. Im sure if juggernaut could fly he could do the same. Hulk has beaten gladiator., hulk and juggernaut are pretty much equals

DigiMark007
I'll give it to Gladiator. Yeah, Juggs is way-invulnerable. But that's like saying Thanos can beat Galactus eventually because Thanos can't really die (that curse from Death). Win by ring-out.

-DM

Kontraz
is this the same gladiator that spider-man can easily beat? or is there another gladiator that i'm getting confused with? Cuz there is NO WAY that the spidey villiain "glaidiator" will be able to do anything to juggs...

Sentry
No this is Kallark. Pride of the Shiar Empire. Gladiator will stop the Juggernaut.

Xplosive
Originally posted by savagerampage

As I remember in cartoon, Gladiator almost killed Rogue in Dark Phoenix Saga Parti IV, so watch again.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by kgkg

jugs lifts trucks , and houses big difference in power. There are stars and planets sitting in the city?

sbo
Originally posted by Xplosive
As I remember in cartoon, Gladiator almost killed Rogue in Dark Phoenix Saga Parti IV, so watch again.

I saw that episode, and Rogue was whooping Gladiator's ass for most of that fight.
And in the comics cannonball beat him.

With all of his powers, Gladiator should come out on top against juggernaut (and pretty much anyone else). But he's been beaten before by lesser opponents so I think this fight could go either way.

kgkg

Swanky-Tuna
This has been done too.

Also, do we really even have a gauge on Juggernaut's strength? Has he had trouble lifting anything in the past?

savagerampage
he has never had any trouble lifting anything before. look it up. gladiator would win by ring out thats about it. a close quartered fight and he would get his ass kicked.

savagerampage
Gladiator has never moved a planet or flown through a star and his super breath cannot extingusih a star no matter how bad. His powers are self belief based so he boasts to give himself strength but there are limits to this and moving an entire planet is beyond him. Ask yourself could Silver Surfer do this, could Thanos, could Thor or even Galactus and they would wipe the floor with Gladiator. The most Gladiator has done is uproot the baxter building way back in FF#249 and even then Reed hypothesised that it was due to psychic abilities and not strength; as the building would have fell on top of him crumbling under its own weight. In the end Gladiator lost the fight to Caps shield and Sues Shield because he lost faith in his powers. He has also lost to Cannonball.

Colossus-Big C
Gladiator got stalemated by this version of thor, who fought juggernaut

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/spyger/Thunderstrike.jpg

Juggernaut Wins, Spite

h1a8
Glads wins by bfr.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Gladiator got stalemated by this version of thor, who fought juggernaut

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/spyger/Thunderstrike.jpg

Juggernaut Wins, Spite

Not true.

Gladiator was stalemated by Masterson Thor who is > Thunderstrike.

leonidas
sans bfr juggs wrecks him.

juggernaut74
Gladiator had a hard time trying to beat up Captain America's shield, Juggy will be harder to beat.

nwg202
with bfr Gladiator. w/o bfr juggernaut.

DARTH POWER
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=295133&pagenumber=11

Wei Phoenix

You think the height of his strength is being able to lift trucks and houses?

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not true.

Gladiator was stalemated by Masterson Thor who is > Thunderstrike. I thought Thunderstrike was Masterson Thor but just under a different name?

Did Masterson get a power downgrade when becoming Thunderstrike? If so, then how do we know (comic explained it?)

carver9
Thunderstrike and Masterson are two different beings.

By the way...Gladiator was ripping through Masterson.

Magnon
Stalemate. Gladiator doesn't have any attacks which could harm Juggs, and Juggs isn't fast enough to tag Gladiator. Juggernaut's enchantments allow him to retain his momentum and be untouchable, which make it impossible to bfr him by physical means.

Ptr_Grifin

h1a8

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
What evidence in the comic that Odin made him a hammer more inferior? Even if that is the case then that has no bearing on his power (strength level, etc.).

Remember the comic has to explicitly explain that he was weaker than Masterson Thor. Otherwise, we are using speculation against the writer's intentions.

Because the mace he got, Thunderstrike, his namesake, is decidedly inferior to Mjolnir? Eric also mentioned several times that as Thunderstrike, he wasn't as powerful as he was when he was "the real deal".

Statements, feats, and portrayals all point to Thor > Masterson Thor > Thunderstrike.

Nihilist
Without bfr Gladiator gets easily destroyed.

Eon Blue

/thread

killer_creed
Originally posted by nwg202
with bfr Gladiator. w/o bfr juggernaut.

This is the answer.

zeel
Glads wins by bfr.

that is the only way glads can win is by BFR.

Stoic
if Gladiator met Juggernaut for the first time, and they fought Juggernaut would likely kill him. My reasoning is this. When Gladiator hits Cain with his best, and sees it does squat to him, his whole ego bubble would go to hell, leaving him open for the big bully beat down. Gladiator's biggest weapon is his confidence.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Because the mace he got, Thunderstrike, his namesake, is decidedly inferior to Mjolnir? Eric also mentioned several times that as Thunderstrike, he wasn't as powerful as he was when he was "the real deal".

Statements, feats, and portrayals all point to Thor > Masterson Thor > Thunderstrike.

Ok if Eric said he wasn't as powerful (power wise and not knowledge wise) then I can accept that.

But I wasn't really concerned with the mace being inferior to Mjolnir but rather Eric's power/strength level as Thunderstrike vs. when he was Thor.

But are you sure he meant that (strength being weaker)?

You have any issue numbers or scans (I do believe you I just want to make sure of the context).

DARTH POWER
Ok if Eric said he wasn't as powerful (power wise and not knowledge wise) then I can accept that.

But I wasn't really concerned with the mace being inferior to Mjolnir but rather Eric's power/strength level as Thunderstrike vs. when he was Thor.

But are you sure he meant that (strength being weaker)?

You have any issue numbers or scans (I do believe you I just want to make sure of the context).

His whole power set was weaker..

Masterson Thor actually had Mjolnir and the power of Thor, but just did not have the knowledge to use it as effectively as Thor can.

Thuderstrikes power came from his maze which was a second rate Mjolnir (if that)..
Thunderstrike is to Thor what Superboy is to Superman (if that)..

He could not even take Hydroman. Spiderman actually commented Thunderstrike was out of his league with Hydroman.

h1a8
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
His whole power set was weaker..

Masterson Thor actually had Mjolnir and the power of Thor, but just did not have the knowledge to use it as effectively as Thor can.

Thuderstrikes power came from his maze which was a second rate Mjolnir (if that)..
Thunderstrike is to Thor what Superboy is to Superman (if that)..

He could not even take Hydroman. Spiderman actually commented Thunderstrike was out of his league with Hydroman.

You are stating things without proof. Does the comic explicitly explain that Thunderstrike was weaker (strength wise) than when he was Thor?

Obviously several people believe what you believe. I have no problems believing what you said, I just want to know why.

Ptr_Grifin
I think Thunderstrike is listed in the 75 - 80 ton range.

DARTH POWER
You are stating things without proof. Does the comic explicitly explain that Thunderstrike was weaker (strength wise) than when he was Thor?

Obviously several people believe what you believe. I have no problems believing what you said, I just want to know why.

Well Id say you dnt really need proof of this.. As Masterson Thor he WAS Thor, and had Mjolnir.

Thunderstrike was not Thor, and did not have Mjolnir.

If you are going to suggest he is even close to being Thor's equal (even though he did nothing to suggest that) then the burden of proof would be on you.

I know there are statements to prove Thunderstrike's inferiority, but I dnt have them. It is however common knowledge. And Im sure it says so on his Marvel bio. But have to check that.

h1a8
Well Id say you dnt really need proof of this.. As Masterson Thor he WAS Thor, and had Mjolnir.

Thunderstrike was not Thor, and did not have Mjolnir.

If you are going to suggest he is even close to being Thor's equal (even though he did nothing to suggest that) then the burden of proof would be on you.

I know there are statements to prove Thunderstrike's inferiority, but I dnt have them. It is however common knowledge. And Im sure it says so on his Marvel bio. But have to check that.
The proof is that he is stronger than a human as Thunderstrike and was once blessed with the strength of Thor. Why would Odin make Thunderstrike weaker when he previously gave him the full strength of Thor? Is it because he didn't trust him anymore? The comic must explain something.

Ptr_Grifin
Here is one scan from the 1st issue of Thunderstrike.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2118/thunderstrike0120.th.jpg

EDIT: In the next issue as he is about to take on Juggernaut, Thunderstrike says: "... managed to fight the Mighty Thor to a few standstills... and I don't RANK ANYWHERE NEAR THE THUNDER GOD'S POWER CLASS!"

DARTH POWER
^ Thats actually Masterson Thor

Ptr_Grifin
^ Thats actually Masterson Thor

No, it is Thunderstrike. When he first received the hammer, he still looked like Thor. He didn't want to be confused with Thor so he got a costume change. That is not Mjolnir in that scan.

DARTH POWER
The proof is that he is stronger than a human as Thunderstrike and was once blessed with the strength of Thor. Why would Odin make Thunderstrike weaker when he previously gave him the full strength of Thor? Is it because he didn't trust him anymore? The comic must explain something.

Well he never actually had the "full" strength of Thor.. But at that time Masterson was a replacement for Thor.

Whilst Thunderstrike was an extra.

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
No, it is Thunderstrike. When he first received the hammer, he still looked like Thor. He didn't want to be confused with Thor so he got a costume change. That is not Mjolnir in that scan.

Gotcha..

h1a8
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Here is one scan from the 1st issue of Thunderstrike.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2118/thunderstrike0120.th.jpg

EDIT: In the next issue as he is about to take on Juggernaut, Thunderstrike says: "... managed to fight the Mighty Thor to a few standstills... and I don't RANK ANYWHERE NEAR THE THUNDER GOD'S POWER CLASS!" Thank you I really appreciate it. It wasn't that I didn't believe you guys but just wanted to know the reasoning behind it.

Well he never actually had the "full" strength of Thor.. But at that time Masterson was a replacement for Thor.

Whilst Thunderstrike was an extra.

Gotcha.. Actually Ptr's scan proves that Masterson had the full strength of Thor when he owned Mjolnir. Plus it was implied in several comics (like the enchantment on Mjolnir by Odin himself).

DARTH POWER

Actually Ptr's scan proves that Masterson had the full strength of Thor when he owned Mjolnir.

No it does'nt. The only thing ti says is "its a great time to learn Im not in the same power level as Thor"

Plus it was implied in several comics (like the enchantment on Mjolnir by Odin himself).

He had all his powers (but not the knowledge or combat abilities to use that power anywhere near as well as Thor)..

Also Rage posted a couple of scans in the Glads vs Thor thread showing Masterson was never quite as strong as the real deal (but probably in his league at least)

maxwell44
No it does'nt. The only thing ti says is "its a great time to learn Im not in the same power level as Thor"

He had all his powers (but not the knowledge or combat abilities to use that power anywhere near as well as Thor)..

Also Rage posted a couple of scans in the Glads vs Thor thread showing Masterson was never quite as strong as the real deal (but probably in his league at least) Masterson thor, dargo thor and beta ray thor all had the FULL strength of thor when they had thors hammer. Dont fall for masterson doubt and loki lies. The writers and the official marvel data base ALL states this. You think the hammer was bias to masterson because of what rage thinks? Masterson was thor just like the others, with thors full strength but bill had far more experience as shown in the thor corps when bill used his hammer to BFR some threat. h1a is right. Its very easy to prove.

maxwell44

Also Rage posted a couple of scans in the Glads vs Thor thread showing Masterson was never quite as strong as the real deal (but probably in his league at least) Marvel Data Base.

Powers
Eric proved himself worthy to wield Mjolnir, and was merged with Thor to save his life. When Odin had Eric replace Thor, Masterson had the full strength and weather control powers as Thor. Later, when Eric wielded the enchanted mace known as Thunderstrike, the mace granted him a number of superhuman attributes, many of which are conventional among the Asgardians:

eagle53
Gladiator will certainly beat Juggernaut. in the cartoon Gladiator was hovering mid air and said, 'earthlings are so weak (something to that effect) and Juggernaut punched him as hard as he could , but Gladiator did not even budge then Gladiator without any effort punched juggernaut and he definitely BFRd him. now Juggernaut gets his strength from crytorak magic (which is pretty strong it was the same thing that imprisoned galactus at one time)

in a word Gladiator and juggernaut are impervious to each others physical damage but Gladiator will easily BFR juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.