Link vS Legolas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Link vS Legolas

Dizzle
Link. He's not stupid like orcs. Beats up on huge freaking monster bosses regularly. Plus he's got magic (Din's Fire+Nayru's Love invulnerability=a$$ kickage). And if we can use masks, say the Fierce Deity, it's not even a contest. And oh yea, he's damn good with a shield, so arrows won't do a whole lot.

DarkDethbringer
I agree plus one blow to the face and Legolas would give up and start worrying about his complection!!LOL!!

mr.smiley
most likely link.
if they just met and link had no prep time legalos might get him but i still say link could beat him

SaTsuJiN
link.. he has invulnerability magic and bottled fairy's to keep him tickin

Dizzle
That's a big might though. Both unprepped, I'd give 8/10 to Link. Arrows can get lucky. Prepped, I'd go with Link at least 9...

General Kaliero
Why even ask this question? The LotR elf may be good with a bow, but the LoZ elf has a bow, a sword, a hammer, a hookshot, iron boots (for kicking), a shield, bombs, bom-chus, magic, and one to four life-giving fairies on his side.

Dizzle
Damn, no ones going movie fanboy and saying Legolas killed an elefant...

SaTsuJiN
and Link banished Ganon how many times?

radioboy121
Link will win this. The only thing for Legolas (movie version) is the automatic infinite arrows cheat enabled.

dark1365
Link without a doubt...

bushidorodent
I THINK IT IS SAFE TO SAY THAT LINK WILL KICK LEGA_LOSER'S ASS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK ninja devil laughing laughing laughing

Dizzle
Still, I would almost enjoy arguing with an Orlando Bloom (coughGAYcough) fanboy/girl. I can see it now.

"But legolas is sooooo dreamy!"
"Link has a princess for a main squeeze. And he can turn into a guitar player with fins. Beat that."

savagerampage
Link

Beelzebuu
Link as more weapons the Legalos. Just one swing with the Megaton Hammer and elf boy will shatter.
The only way Legalos will win is if they are fighting on 4ft. deep snow. Unless Link can float like Legalos.

Zen2nd
This is hard to compare as Legoals is from a movie wheras Link is from a game with made up weapons.

I say Legolas would win as he could fire an arrow through Links head with no bother at all. In fact Legolas never misses.

Plus you don't really know legolas full power as he is resrticed by the movie which was then made into the game.

muslimleader89
DIE MOFO[s

Dizzle
Legolas never misses? Why in the movie did the orc lighter dude get into the grate underneath the Deeping Wall at Helm's Deep?

He's better than orcs, but not Link. Link is perfectly competent with a shield and can block arrows, plus he has invulnerability magic. If you talk game Legolas vs. game Link, its even farther apart, as all of the ranged weapons in LOTR weren't nearly as good as the close range. And Link destroys Legolas up close. And then if you count his Soul Calibur appearance in SC2 for Gamecube, well then.

Link is basically a better version of Legolas. Bow skills, elfy ears, and a whole lot more.

Dizzle
And yes!!! Finally someone who disagrees! One sided threads are no fun at all...

Zen2nd
Well actually he hit that Berserker twice on each shoulder, with say thousands of Urk-hai in the way.

Legolas is able to fire 3 arrows at once

Plus I would like to add in the video for the new Legand of Zelda where Link gets on the horse is totally copying Legoals.

Plus Legolas' arrows are quite strong as in the first movie he shoots an arrow through an orcs head with which you can't argue with as an orcs head would be the same strenght as a humans head.

Legoals also has his twin blades to fight with if Link gets close.

Dizzle
He hit the dude, but didn't kill him. I was merely refuting your "never misses" statement.

1 arrow and 3 arrows all bounce off a metal shield just the same.

The equestrian fighting is an idea that Zelda's creator has had for years, but could never do because of technology restraints. Legolas wasn't really a big horseman fighter either, in the movies at least he did once on the road to Helm's Deep (he got off pretty early too) and in the last charge in Helm's Deep. He rode a horse to get around, but doesn't everyone? wink

Ok, the object here is for Legolas to hit Link in the head. Not the shield, the head. Not an easy thing to do against someone as good as Link, seeing as the shield's almost as big as he is. And Link has a bow too. And the Fire Rod/Ice Rod.

Link has much more close range stuff than Legolas. MASTER SWORD and a shield, hammer, bombs, Din's Fire, you name it. Plus, Link also has invulnerability magic. And the Fierce Deity mask. And the Giant's Mask. And a BOOMERANG!!!

Dark Mousy
The shield isn't THAT big, so if Legolas shoots three arrows at the same time, and dialoganly, then one arrow would get him.
Now, LEgolas is an average horseman. We see him gallop into the elven city in LOTR 1, on a horse.

Legolas is much more agile, and acrobatic. Face it.

But in the end, you can't compare these. Legolas is in a movie, which has real weapons, limited magic. LoZ is a made up video game, with made up weapons, made up levels, and so on.

Metalmanx
Please don't fogert that Legolas has twin blades that he always carries with him. Twin blades that he is actually quite skilled with. So don't just rule him out on the close-range debate.

I actually don't know who'd win this. It's very close in my opinion.

shadow12
link (all versions of him)

shadow12
Originally posted by Dark Mousy
The shield isn't THAT big, so if Legolas shoots three arrows at the same time, and dialoganly, then one arrow would get him.
Now, LEgolas is an average horseman. We see him gallop into the elven city in LOTR 1, on a horse.

Legolas is much more agile, and acrobatic. Face it.

But in the end, you can't compare these. Legolas is in a movie, which has real weapons, limited magic. LoZ is a made up video game, with made up weapons, made up levels, and so on.
his mirror shield is

DracotheDragon
Link, just because I am a fan of zelda, and I am not a fan of The Lord of the Rings...

black robb
Link kicks his fruity a**

Valos
Legolas

ChickinMeat
Link has magic and skills and all, but Legolas can summon an army of fan-girls to do his dirty work, damn his orlando-bloom charm!

will link be able to fight off the fan girls? tune in next time!

Dizzle
Link is so more pimp than Legolas. Fierce Deity is HOT!!! (haha jk) Seriously though, his b!tch is a princess. And another elf chick. And that farm girl. And another princess from the Zora. And that's just Ocarina.

And how can Legolas shoot 3 arrows at the same time from different angles?

And btw, Legolas is from a BOOK! NOT A FREAKING MOVIE!!! THE MOVIE IS ABOUT THE BOOK! Sorry, Tolkien doesn't get nearly enough love.

And all of this arguing is pointless yet again. Link has a giant mask. He grows several hundred times his normal size. And he can turn invincible.

Zen2nd
I have come up with more reasons as why legolas should win as I was just watching the Two Towers.

Firstly Legolas has a excellent shot which is proved by the fact that he shot the rope connected to the ladder which sent them all flying.

Secondly he is also very strong as he himself on his own lifted Aragon and Gimli together.

Thirdly when he was using his twin blades he definely knew how to use them.

Fourthly while running away from the horde of orcs he was to fire at them while running.

Fifthly he is also damn good at long shot being able to shoot the scout off his warg.

Sixthly he has excellent balance being able to go down a stairs on a shield while firing at orcs

Seventhly he also has got a damn good sight being able to spot which direction the orcs were heading in

Dizzle
Ok,

First, Link is extremely proficient with a shield. In the SNES games, anything that came your way when the shield was up got BLOCKED aside from some of the uber-boss magic attacks.

Second, Link has a Giant Mask, making him several hundred times his size and with strength to match. Aragorn and Gimli aren't shit. And when did Legolas pick both of em up anyways? Either way, if you consider the amount of stuff Link carries, he's gotta be bitchin strong.

Third, Link is basically a swordmaster. Plus his sword would have longer reach. Weapon skill is nothing.

Forth, Link can twist around on a galloping horse and fire a bow with accuracy. Running is nothing.

Fif, Link plays quite a few games involving jumping rupees and stuff that you have to shoot. He's a plenty good archer. Plus he's got fire, ice, and light arrows for easy kills, and the ever popular shield.

Sixth, uh... ok, he can balance. So can Link. Link jumps off cliffs several times taller than him, goes into a roll to break the fall, comes out of the roll on his feet and keeps running like it's nothing.

Seventh, Link doesn't need to hide. Probly won't be when he whips out his third of the Triforce and wishes Legolas into nothing. Or puts on the Giant Mask and grows hundreds of times his normal size. Or uses Nayru's love to make him invincible. Too many things to do. Link doesn't lose to just any mortals.

God, this thread finally picked up into organized arguments. I love it.

shadow12
Originally posted by Dizzle
Ok,

First, Link is extremely proficient with a shield. In the SNES games, anything that came your way when the shield was up got BLOCKED aside from some of the uber-boss magic attacks.

Second, Link has a Giant Mask, making him several hundred times his size and with strength to match. Aragorn and Gimli aren't shit. And when did Legolas pick both of em up anyways? Either way, if you consider the amount of stuff Link carries, he's gotta be bitchin strong.

Third, Link is basically a swordmaster. Plus his sword would have longer reach. Weapon skill is nothing.

Forth, Link can twist around on a galloping horse and fire a bow with accuracy. Running is nothing.

Fif, Link plays quite a few games involving jumping rupees and stuff that you have to shoot. He's a plenty good archer. Plus he's got fire, ice, and light arrows for easy kills, and the ever popular shield.

Sixth, uh... ok, he can balance. So can Link. Link jumps off cliffs several times taller than him, goes into a roll to break the fall, comes out of the roll on his feet and keeps running like it's nothing.

Seventh, Link doesn't need to hide. Probly won't be when he whips out his third of the Triforce and wishes Legolas into nothing. Or puts on the Giant Mask and grows hundreds of times his normal size. Or uses Nayru's love to make him invincible. Too many things to do. Link doesn't lose to just any mortals.

God, this thread finally picked up into organized arguments. I love it.
first of all the giant mask got traded away to get th fierce deity's mask
second link doesn't have all three triforce pieces

Zen2nd
He picked them both up in the Two Towers when Aragon and Gimli fight the orcs on the bridge to the door and they escaped by the rope Legolas swung down to them and hauled them up.

Thats strange as in Resident Evil games the characters can be carrying up to a few guns and items yet they are only human, the fact is its a game and you don't see them on him so are his pockets magic, I don't think so.

Legolas is very fast, as Link would raise his sword to strike Legolas would be able to fire an arrow into his chest

Legolas has already done that, you can see it in The Two Towers, basicly Link stole that move from Legolas

Have you seen The Return of the King? Legolas jumps on to an elephant about the size of a four story building, kills most of the people on it and then kills the elephant with three arrows and then rides down the trunk of it while its falling

As mentioned Link doesn't have the third piece

DarkAnakin226
Legolos has arrows but he doesn't have: fire, ice, and light arrows, LINK HAS ALL THOSE! Link would kick that preety boys a$$! You know I'd love to see a battle between Lagolos and Link, so I can see Link kick his ASS! Happy Dance sick , see Link is the bannana he is dancing cause he beat Legolos, and Legolos is the sick face, he looks like that cause he took to many blows to the stomach, FROM LINK!

Dizzle
Originally posted by Zen2nd
He picked them both up in the Two Towers when Aragon and Gimli fight the orcs on the bridge to the door and they escaped by the rope Legolas swung down to them and hauled them up.

Thats strange as in Resident Evil games the characters can be carrying up to a few guns and items yet they are only human, the fact is its a game and you don't see them on him so are his pockets magic, I don't think so.

Legolas is very fast, as Link would raise his sword to strike Legolas would be able to fire an arrow into his chest

Legolas has already done that, you can see it in The Two Towers, basicly Link stole that move from Legolas

Have you seen The Return of the King? Legolas jumps on to an elephant about the size of a four story building, kills most of the people on it and then kills the elephant with three arrows and then rides down the trunk of it while its falling

As mentioned Link doesn't have the third piece

Ok, hauling them with a rope does not count. Cuz he uses the wall, it's one of simple machines in use- we call it a primitive pulley. Plus he had a few guys helping him. I was kidding about the strength thing. Link does have power bracelets though. Allowing him to literally pick up and throw boulders literally 10 times taller and wider than Link.

Link doesn't need to kill Legolas with a sword. And if it comes down to blades vs. blades, Link would have the reach advantage. Why do you think sword beats dagger? Legolas is quick, but not good enough to pull both his bow and an arrow off of his back, draw it, and fire at a guy who is within striking distance of him.

Umm... Hate to break it to one of Orlando's dreamy-eyed fangirls (sorry, had to) but Ocarina of Time came out BEFORE Two Towers the movie. Not everything in the movie happened in the book (Helm's Deep was less than a chapter. The main focus of it was the Gimli-Legolas competition)

I was kidding about the balance thing too. Balance won't do crap for Legolas when he's impaled on a sword or an arrow or burnt to a crisp by magic.

The methods of Link not hiding were exaggerated. But when Ganandorf claimed the Triforce in Ocarina, the piece with courage went to Link. The full thing is needed for the wish though... And fierce deity, giant link, and Nayru's Love Link would all beat up Legolas too.

Zen2nd
Link can't do that in Ocarina of Time, you only see him do that in the new to be released Zelda, so Legolas has done it before him

Don't know if you know but Legolas is a elf.

I would like to add with age comes wisdom and battle skills which is really handy for Legolas as he is 7000 years old.

Oh don't be so sure, a dagger is alot lighter and quicker to move than a sword, so legolas can also have the advantage.

The only real arrow of advantage is the ice arrows, basicly Legolas could easily get a flaming arrow, and a light arrow would go at the speed legolas normaly shoots at, plus what real affect would an ice arrow have on any one?

shadow12
"light arrow would go at the speed legolas normaly shoots at, plus what real affect would an ice arrow have on any one?"
thats not exactly true light arrow goes at normal speed but it just basicly pure light and would finish him off

Dizzle
Nope. In Ocarina, you can use a bow from horseback. And if you Z target a dude and he goes behind you, you can shoot at him. The thing in the new Zelda is equestrian sword fighting.

I know Legolas is an elf, but elves aren't immortal, they can die by physical means or from a broken heart. And age doesn't mean battle skills, necessarily. In RA Salvatore's series about the dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden, it is pointed out that many humans and the like match the greatest elf warriors and sorcerors because their shorter lives make them more ambitious, so they work towards their goals harder. Aragorn is just as good (if not better) as a warrior than Legolas, he's 80, Legolas is 7000. The elven legions at Helm's Deep all get cut down as well. Experience helps, but is not the only factor in overall skill. Plus Link has plenty of experience himself.

I was talking about 2 warriors with equal skill in their respective weapons, sword vs. dagger. Sword wins because of the enormous reach advantage, because the dagger guy can't do anything outside of throwing em. If he tries to get close, he wouldn't have enough leverage to block a good sword chop, plus a good swordsman should be able to cut the guy down before he CAN get close. And Link has a shield. And Legolas's blades aren't designed for throwing.

And btw, ice arrows can FREEZE you. Hence the name "ice". And Link also has fire and ice rods, plus there's a way to use bomb arrows in some of the 2D Zelda games. (long range stuff)

Hoshi
Link , Legolas can be better than link in the bow ,but Link is like a combination of Aragorn , Gimlin , Legolas , Gandalf. He has the streng of gimlin with his gold bracelets , the abilitie of aragorn with a sword , and the magic of gandalf , Legolas is in a really bad situation

Dizzle
Dude those gold bracelets let him lift WAAAAAAAAY more than Gimli could. If you could use em as a weapon you should be just breaking Ganon in half. (he's gotta be lifting at least a couple of tons...)

Hoshi
what about the megaton hammer ?

Dizzle
It's a big hammer... He kills dragons with it... Or he could go Thor-style and throw it at Legolas with his fancy gauntlets.

shadow12
i use it to kill dark link

Hoshi
link with the megaton hammer surpass gimlin with his axe strenght , and is a lot faster

Dizzle
Link with gold power bracelets chucks around giant slabs of rock... I think the Legolas beating has been established.

swipe9091
link uses a light arrow and turns legolas into 50 rupees, end of battle
----
link turns into a goron and throws a powder keg, end of battle

Hooverman
Originally posted by swipe9091
link uses a light arrow and turns legolas into 50 rupees, end of battle
----
link turns into a goron and throws a powder keg, end of battle
r u gonna put that fake thing in every thread? anyway legolas would put 100 arrows in link before his dumbass before he can even pull out 1

Dizzle
You're officially the first person I've ever seen to stutter online... Congratulations. And please give me evidence for your claims. Otherwise, Link's sitting there with Nayru's Love activated laughing. Legolas is NOT the Flash. Screw arrows, Link's beating pretty boy's face in. Fetch me the pegasus boots!

Oh, and powder kegs do exist. Majora's Mask. You need them to open the way to the ranch and the Goron racetrack.

swipe9091
thats wut im saying hooverman says its stupid but its tru link can kik neones ass with light arrows

Hooverman
i didn't see the error srry about that and i thought it was a no item kinda battle

Dizzle
As in melee combat only? Or bows and melee weapons? The bows is stacking it a bit to Legolas, at least as much as swords only is stacking it towards Link.

Hooverman
Originally posted by Dizzle
As in melee combat only? Or bows and melee weapons? The bows is stacking it a bit to Legolas, at least as much as swords only is stacking it towards Link. i thought it was bows and melee weapons with no items

Dizzle
I'd have to say it's pretty close, if you put Legolas in his element. Unless you give Link some magic arrows... If not, I'd still go for Link, if only for the shield.

WAF3001
Link IS Legolas

Dizzle
But a whole lot better. And with more weapons and magic at his disposal. And with an actual sword, insteaed of two long daggers.

WAF3001
but in an escence they're the same

swipe9091
except link is hotter right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.