Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
Who else thinks that sometimes Life just sucks. You live your life trying to make everyone happy, and then it all seems to come crashing down on you.

It is as though it is your destiny to fail or something. Am I alone in this, or does anybody else share some sort of the pain that I am feeling?

Michael Myers 1
i do but the opposite

Lord Soth
I'm aware that life is less than tolerable at times, but I always make the best of everything. I'm the ultimate optimist stick out tongue

Michael Myers 1
i spend half my life in my room grounded

WindDancer
I agree Cyclops sometimes life is unfair! Many times it does come crashing down too hard on a person. But you see when you're doing something to help others is good. When you try to make others happy is one of the many beauties of life. Because you are not doing it for yourself, you are doing it for others.

Is not about failing is about doing something for someone. That is how friendship becomes solidified when you help others. Trying to help a love one or stranger is what makes life worth living. Is kinda like saying "I live to help others live".

smile

Cyclops
You have no idea how much I have been trying to make the best of things, but I am at the bottom of the barrel as it were. The end of my rope (not actually... I am not suicidal)

Cyclops
Maybe I just need a beer

Lord Soth
Apathy is the single most important sign of suicidal thoughts. This thread that you made is evidence that you're not suicidal, since you obviously care

Cyclops
Well... I just wanted to know that I am not alone in my thoughts of how you go through life trying to make all of those around you as happy as they can be, and then when you need help the most, you are being selfish

WindDancer
Sometimes you have to do small sacrificies to help others. I know sometimes a friends ask me for money. If he is in a real Jam I'll help him in any way I can. Sometimes I get short by lending money to a friend. Do I expect him to pay me back? Yeah! But I never refuse help to anyone. Hang tough! Whatever comes your way face it! Don't turn your back on problems! Suck it up and be tough!

ps you don't sound suicidal to me.

Cyclops
thanks, Winddancer

SK88728
I couldn't agree with you more Cyke. It's as though there could be something around the corner that would make everything better, so you run to it. And it just crushes you like a bug. Just pushing you down a little more then before. It seems like it's been happening to me for the past couple months. But I bottle it up. And i dont let my friends know that i'm sad or mad. But thats just how i work, i dotn want people to worry about me. I just want to make my friends that are mad or what ever happy and take their pain off of them and i would rath have it put on me then them. And I have been having the worst week, and it seems like it gets worst and worst. And last wednesday was so bad that i just laughed at myself. It was.... well it sucked ass. Trust me, you are far from being the only one.

Cyclops
I know how you feel.

As of late, I have had a guy at work riding my ass (not literally.) about a whole bunch of shit, relationship (or lack thereof) problems, my best friends think I am a freeloading dickhole, and the list goes on and on.

LegolasIsMyMan
I am with you cyclops, i mean, i have always tried to please everyone around me, and it don't work, i always screw up and someone gets mad at me for something or another,and i can't even keep my b/f happy, so i loose him,and i mean, my barrel is dry and i don't want to be in the barrell anymore, i hate life,and it obviously hates me right back

SlayerChick1188
As of right now I think I'm pretty ok with life, but a couple of weeks ago I was so burnt out from all this shit going on in my life and just didn't feel like doing ANYTHING at all.

So I know how you feel, Cyke sad

Darth Revan
I know exactly how you feel. But you have to realize that life is a cycle of ups and downs, and sometimes you'll feel good about yourself, sometimes you won't. There's this kid who goes to my school who I used to try to be nice to way back when we were wee little tykes in grade school, and he never did like me for some reason... Still doesn't. Just know that other people have the same problem as you do.

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe
Yeah... sometimes life sucks. In fact, most of the time life sucks. That's why people cut their wrists. Well, that, and they're masochistic or something... but my point is that it DOES suck, and you're not alone... it just feels that way when you're in pain. And yes, I do speak from experience. I would be a wrist-slashing goth myself if it wasn't for the fact that you can't wallflower in a world of bright colors by wearing black. And I don't like pain. I mean, pain hurts, dammit....

But, anyway... I live for myself anymore. I've stopped doing things for people unless I just feel like it, and I don't do nice things voluntarily. I don't really want everyone to die horrible, bloody deaths - *I'M* not cleaning that up - but I would prefer it if people would leave me to my own devices and just leave me the hell alone. (They don't, of course... which is where pain comes from.)

All I can really say is: live for the moments. A nice, warm summer day; a good song to listen to; little things that make you feel good-- live for those. Live *in* the moments, and, for a little while, at least, pain will be nothing but a nightmare.

Phoenix
life often equals shit. but sometimes it equals great. Just remember that the great times will seem even better after the shit ones

ChinaNiki
I have been where you are. I was depressed for a decade. I was so depressed last year, my final year of college, that I almost didn't graduate. However, things do get better. It takes a while, sometimes years, before it seems like it, but it will get better. Figure out what it is you really want to do with your life and then work towards that goal. Life may suck on the way there, but once you reach it, you will feel great. All I ever wanted to do was live in another country. It took twelve years to get here, but I finally made it. I am the happiest I have ever been now that I'm living in China. I plan on staying here a long time. It really is more fun than the States.

And if your friends are being a$$es towards you maybe you should try to find some new friends that will treat you better. Most of my Stateside friends sucked, but I've made a lot a new friends here who are relly nice and good to me.

Just don't give up because things do get better.

Evy_O
Life doesn't suck no
It's just the way you percieve things that make it suck... I'm a very optimistic person, and I strongly believe people are VERY ungreatful. You only understand how lucky you are when your life gets even worse... Just admire the things that you have, i.e. people that love you, health, economics... dunno what else smile
Be happy! big grin

SK88728
ppl at work can be bastards. the general manager at where i work blames me for everything that goes wrong there. or if something dont seem right she will come to and ***** at me. and she is really making me the "Scape Goat" of the place i work at.

Scape Goat - something to take the blame of somethings misfortion/shit.

Cyclops
Thank you all for sharing your pain with me. It is actually helping me see that I am not alone in the world.

If anybody ever needs an ear to listen and/or a shoulder to cyber-cry on, you can reach me here, or at [email protected]

Vampiree
scott, did you just read my thought, or what? heh... i always try to help everybody around... but everyone chooses to lie to me. I don't know why.

Cyclops
do I lie?

Fire
well trying to help everybody is a noble idea but don't expect anything in return, I try to help everyone as often as I can. my friends mean about everything to me I dont get disappointed a lot because I don't ever expect them to do anything in return.

cyclops life has good and bad moments as long as the good out weigh the bad there's nothing wrong wiv your life

Linkalicious
The problem with life is that your brain has a tendency to remember the bad things that happen a whole lot clearer than the good things.

Say you're walking down the sidewalk and you see this really pretty girl. You both draw eye contact and she smiles...for that instance you're happy and it's a very pleasant experience. now imagine that you walk into a pole or trash can while smiling. You've just made an ass outta yourself and all you can think about the experience is the bad thing that happened....you don't even remember how pretty her eyes looked or how nice her smile was...you just remember how dumb you were for not looking where you were going.

I dunno what that whole rant was really about, i guess i just mean that you always remember the bad things more vividly than the good.

wuTa
ok theres nothin wrong with trying to help people but if you do it too much people are gonna start to treat you like a doormat and walk all over you....ig your gonna try and please people all the time u need to set limits

<<Solo>>
Seriously man, Look at me.

Cyclops
Once again... thank you for your help.

Link... that was a really good example and help out a lot. Thank you.

Solo... look at you why?

Linkalicious
never a prob cyke....

and if you really think about it....it's true!

Cyclops
I know... weird, huh?

Why is it that we always focus on the negative?

Linkalicious
because it's the negative...why else?

another example.
Last week i had to replace the clutch in my car. I get a super deal on it, the work gets done in 1 day, AND the guy laithed down my rotors and changed my trany fluid!!! all that labor for $120 (which is insane)

even though my car drove like a dream all i could do is b!tch because when he disconnected the battery, my radio's security system activated and i had to put in a code to get it to work...

I shoulda just sat there and enjoyed the fact that i had my car running great again, but NOOOOO i had to b!tch about my radio instead.

Cyclops
Well... it is a car radio. That is the best part of a car!

I have another theory as to why humans focus on the negative. Just a thought, but hey.

We always strive for perfection. When we see something is wrong, we hate it. Whenever a scenerio passes us, we think back to it (pending how much we cared about it in the first place) and wonder "What could I have done differently?"

Linkalicious
bingo!

Cyclops
So basically we are all stuck in a vicious cycle of wanton for self improvement?

Linkalicious
i'm inclined to believe that...

who hasn't wanted to take something back or rewind the clock so we could do something better?

Cyclops
Mistakes are made... nobody is perfect. Why focus on the negative? I try not to, but sometimes it is overwhelming.

§pearhead
Cyc: people like to complain. When Lif'es not perfect, then you still can complain about somethin.

I've been suicidal before as well. But to be honest, including myself, not too many people have the guts to pull it off erm

Cyclops
In my opinion, nothing in your life can make it bad enough to end it.

§pearhead
Tell me that when I'm pounding the wall in with my fists. Trust me, I get crazy adrenaline rushes when I'm pissed, and the LAST thing I want to do then is use reason.

Fire
when ppl learn to enjoy the simple little thingies in life they won't feel that down anymore

Cyclops
I find joy in washing dishes and doing laundry

Fire
well then the good in your life should outweigh the bad

SK88728
Cyke, feel free to make your self happy at my house! laughing out loud

§pearhead
laughing i'll second that stick out tongue

punkyhermy
life for me has benn good, but i gess we can't have everything...so i had ny fair share of tough stuff.two of th emost disturbing emotions ever in life are regret and guilt...they do make aperson feel crappy, i know just how th ebat feels...at times...

Cyclops
....jackass

...jackass

Jury Copeland
Life is beautiful... Life is full of surprises...
If we couldn't see those in our life...
Maybe... we just don't know...
...how we perceive about BEAUTIFUL...
...and how we acknowledge SURPRISES.

Vampiree
maybe

SK88728
well, i think there is a lot of potential happyness making here. you should see all the dishes and clothes. but where do you work anyways?

Cyclops
I work for a Customs Broker. Any international freight that crosses into Canadian soil is to be cleared by us, pending the shipment is either coming from or going to one of our clients.

... I hope that is what you were asking.

iluvpippin
let me finish the title....
sux!

Cyclops
See... iluvpippin knows!

Fire
nah life's good

Cyclops
Life is getting better. I was really happy last night... and this morning. I woke up well before I usually do, and I had time to sit down, relax, have a cup of coffee before coming into work.

I am at work right now

Linkalicious
Loving this....if you read all your posts Cyke, you're whole outlook has changed in a matter of pages. Now with summer coming to the US, there should be no reason to be happy almost everyday...the weather is beautiful during summer.

Fire
*jealous of link*

Linkalicious
weather suck in belgium or something?

Fire
most of the time yea

Linkalicious
yeah our winter really sucks here in southern california...i think it rained like 3 days, it never snowed, the coldest it got was like 55 degreez, and we got a new governor...sad

Fire
well thank god there is more to life than weather and politics

Linkalicious
oh and the girls still wear shorts during the day...

Fire
hehe dont rub it in link :P

Cyclops
Nothing wrong with females in shorts.... or skirts... or bathing suits...

drool

Fire
hehe go cy

Cyclops
Or.... naked?

drool

Fire
you dont find many of those running around

Cyclops
Maybe not at your house... but this is me! big grin

Fire
okie where do you live? big grin

Cyclops
I meant my house, but I was being sarcastic.

I actually live in canada now... so I might want to update my profile, huh? It is legal here for women to walk around topless.

Fire
nidce I dont think it is in belgium

Cyclops
Yeah, but... most of the attractive females dont not embrace this freedom.

Fire
too bad

Cyclops
M'eh... there are the odd ones, which is cool.

Fire
hehe

Cyclops
I know.

My life seems to be getting right back on track. Everything is looking up now. I love it...

It is weird how for about a week or so, it rains shit... then it clears up so quickly.

Linkalicious
i was told by a psychology teacher that life (generally) seems to take 5 week cycles of good and bad. It seems like for a long period of time nothing goes right...EVER! and then it is followed by a time that everything goes right and you are continuously happy.

i imagine the 5 weeks varies from person to person and from cycle to cycle.

Storm
Well, more then 5 weeks then with me happy

Arahael
Yeah it must vary depending on the person.

Linkalicious
since when are you not in a good mood? Your good mood always rubs off on me and makes me happy...and that's all day everyday

or maybe it's just the cow!

Storm
whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, group hug group

Fire
smiling always helps big grin

Cyclops
Linker, 'member when you said something about focussing on the negative?

Linkalicious
as a matter of fact i do...

actually i'm just rebounding from a pretty sad day 2 days ago. My dog (who's very overweight and old) fell getting outta the car at the vets and he couldn't walk. We thought we'd have to put him down, but yesterday he showed us that it was just an April fools joke and that he can still walk. We were going to put him down today, but now we have him for a bit longer and i haven't been this happy since my last girlfriend (now my ex) told me that she loved me for the 1st time. embarrasment

Fire
hehe smile wasn't that long ago

Storm
If spring follows
winter,
If a rainbow follows
the storm,
If morning follows
the night,
Then happiness must
follow sorrow.
yes

Fire
nice

Cyclops
Well, Linker....that got me thinking about Religion (a little off topic, but go with me. Follow me on the road to the unknown! big grin)

I found this a little amusing. For those who believe in God or a higher power, you will understand a little better. In terms of lifes ups and downs, people seem so quick to question Gods motives when something goes wrong. But when things are looking up, it is seldom you hear "Thanks, God."

Linkalicious
I'm not a religious person at all, but when something really good happens to me i thank God. and when something minorly bad goes wrong i always say "God, why are you doing this to me?!"

i don't know why, maybe i should chose better words...

Cyclops
It just seems a little unfair. Why would we question the higher powers motives when we do not thank him? (For some)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.