Demigawd vs.....YOU!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Put together a team of six to counter and defeat my team. They must be below skyfather level. They get one hour of prep time (my team does not get prep time). Oh, and here's the kicker - only one character exists in the omniverse, so you can't pick the same characters I picked. That also means the characters aren't available for amalgams (bub-bye Strangefayte!).

I didn't pick these characters because I like them. I picked them because they're usually the most commonly used characters when building dream teams. Let's see how ya'll do without access to your favorites.

1. Thanos
2. Flash
3. Dr. Strange
4. Silver Surfer
5. God Cable
6. Quasar

DigiMark007
have fun everyone else...my "Favorites vs You" thread tired me out...I'll be back with a crappy team in a few days (I promise the Doctor won't be on it this time...lol)

-DM

P.S. those are like the 6 most powerful and balanced sub-Skyfathers (with a few exceptions). Good freakin' luck.

jinzin
1. heroic doomsday
2. superman
3. Adam Warlock
4. doctor. doom
5. teknoman (hahahahahahaha)

damn dude you did a good job. I'll have tothink about this one and come back later.

no fair though you have thanos SS strange and flash, how am I supposed to combat? good job.

demigawd
Your team would get destroyed, lol.

I'll be amazed if anyone can come up with a more powerful team. Over the past few weeks, with all the ____ vs. YOU threads, we've pretty much established the dimensions for a successfully balanced team. This probably represents the highest expression of that, with characters who are the best there is at what they do.

So rather than coming up with a more powerful team, come up with a better plan.

jinzin
I see what your saying, and I'm not about to disagree with you one bit, I just need some "prep time" to think this one out.

kgkg
Hard to find a team that could beat that.

- Hungry galactus (lol)
- Batman
- Spiderman
- Daredevil
- Robin

jinzin
is cosmic spidey below skyfather level cause he could easily match or even better silver surfer.

demigawd
Yeah, I'd say he's below skyfather.

I was thinking about how to counter this team myself - a couple of ideas came to mind. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone who comes up with a plan is thinking along the same lines I am.

jinzin
could you post a list of those YOU would consider above skyfather level (assuming it's not too long) I need to know what I'm limited to, cause I'm inclined to ask for mephisto.

Sentry
Ok, let's go Demi.

Here are my six.

1. The Sentry

2. Adam Warlock

3. Doctor Druid

4. Genis Vell

5. Phoenix-Rachel Summers

6. Photon

How's that. I'm pretty sure Warlock can catch the Flash. The rest are toss ups. Damn good team you made their. I'm gonna work on a scenario, but here's my team.

GalacticStorm
Darkseid
Captain Marvel(woman)
Dr Fate
Galactus' very first herald who wielded dark matter. I'll get bk to u with his name LOL
Phoenix-Jean
Magneto

demigawd
Mephisto???? No, he's skyfather.

Skyfather is anyone of comparable power to people like Odin. That means people like Hela, Zeus, Mephisto, Superman Prime, Sentry, Cosmic Cube beings, WOL Morg, Tyrant, Elders, Watchers, etc. Basically if they can completely manhandle someone like Thanos, it's safe to say they're skyfathers or above.

RULE CHANGE: I'll allow a seventh member on your team.

jinzin
you think sentry could manhandle thanos?

damn mephisto wouldhave been sweet. lol.

GalacticStorm
U talking about my team? No his name isnt mephisto if u r. He was featured in Thanos' limited series about a yr ago

demigawd
Originally posted by Sentry
Ok, let's go Demi.

Here are my six.

1. The Sentry

2. Adam Warlock

3. Doctor Druid

4. Genis Vell

6. Photon

How's that. I'm pretty sure Warlock can catch the Flash. The rest are toss ups. Damn good team you made their. I'm gonna work on a scenario, but here's my team.

Sentry is beyond skyfather. He stalemated Galactus. As for the rest of them, not too worried, but let's see your plan first...

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Darkseid
Captain Marvel(woman)
Dr Fate
Galactus' very first herald who wielded dark matter. I'll get bk to u with his name LOL
Phoenix-Jean
Magneto

If you're arguing Phoenix-Jean as being someone on the level you usually do, then she's beyond skyfather as well. Are you going to provide a scenario or should I just start attacking now, lol?

demigawd
U talking about my team? No his name isnt mephisto if u r. He was featured in Thanos' limited series about a yr ago

No, I was talking to Jinzin.

The thing about Sentry is, he's made no real appearances in regular continuity. He may, once he started being written in Avengers, get a MASSIVE power down. But as he was written, he's Galactus level. He'd manhandle Thanos and the rest of my team pretty easily on his own.

demigawd
By the way, you're referring to The Fallen One.

GalacticStorm
Remember for earth bound practical applications she has barriers up. She tutored cable in the use of his telepathy. She is far more skilled than he is. If they thought then she could draw on enough power to defeat him without her being abover skyfather level. lol

GalacticStorm
'By the way, you're referring to The Fallen One."

Thats why i luv u demi

demigawd
lol, NO! I know what you're going to do! You're going to dynamically raise her power levels JUST enough to justify beating everybody but still argue that she's not at skyfather level. NO!

jinzin
I could use strange to counter dr. strange could I not?

demigawd
The Fallen One is a good choice, but his limited appearances might hurt you a bit when it comes to feats. But I like the creativity - you're opening up the universe a lot with that pick.

demigawd
Originally posted by jinzin
I could use strange to counter dr. strange could I not?

Rules state no clone characters. :P

GalacticStorm
"lol, NO! I know what you're going to do! You're going to dynamically raise her power levels JUST enough to justify beating everybody but still argue that she's not at skyfather level. NO!"

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

jinzin
yeah but isn't strange a bot? or do robots still count as clones in your opinion?

demigawd
Wait....what do you mean? There's an actual Strangebot running around? That's a new one. I mean, if it exists already, then it's allowed. You just can't say, "I pluck Dr. Strange from the 528 Universe".

GalacticStorm
If im allowed a 7th member i choose Sersi

demigawd
"lol, NO! I know what you're going to do! You're going to dynamically raise her power levels JUST enough to justify beating everybody but still argue that she's not at skyfather level. NO!"

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

So pick another team, you cheating bastard! laughing

demigawd
If im allowed a 7th member i choose Sersi

Good choice. Scenario or strategy?

Jean's still not allowed, lol.

jinzin
no. during zarathos' stay on our plain of existance. doctor strange had an uber badass robot of himself running around and instilled it with his powers. Nobody was the wiser for a while they just though that dr. strange had decided to start wearing a goofy (spawn) mask.

Sentry
Originally posted by demigawd
Mephisto???? No, he's skyfather.

Skyfather is anyone of comparable power to people like Odin. That means people like Hela, Zeus, Mephisto, Superman Prime, Sentry, Cosmic Cube beings, WOL Morg, Tyrant, Elders, Watchers, etc. Basically if they can completely manhandle someone like Thanos, it's safe to say they're skyfathers or above.

RULE CHANGE: I'll allow a seventh member on your team.

Awww crap. How bout Rachel? Is she all right?

Here's my team again:

1. Magni(Same attributes as Classic Thor, only slightly stronger and more durable than his father)

2. Adam Warlock

3. Doctor Druid

4. Genis Vell

6. Photon

7. Phylla Vell(Captain Marvel's sister)

How's that. You said 7 people below skyfather right their. I have to come up with a new scenario now since you disqualified Sentry.

GalacticStorm
"So pick another team, you cheating bastard! "

LOL. Ive followed the rules u set at the begonning of this thread. Phoenix isnt at skyfather level as standard. She has self placed psychic limits on her abilities. On your team she'll most likely be fighting her son. She isn gonna go all dark phoenix on him is se so while she'll stay sub skyfather level she'll teach cable that mothers know best. lol

demigawd
no. during zarathos' stay on our plain of existance. doctor strange had an uber badass robot of himself running around and instilled it with his powers. Nobody was the wiser for a while they just though that dr. strange had decided to start wearing a goofy (spawn) mask.

Oh...ok then. That works.

jinzin
allllllllright!

GalacticStorm
Right its 7am in the u.k i aint been bed yet so i'll be back to win this debate later on 2day. Later peeps!!! lol

demigawd
Originally posted by Sentry
Awww crap. How bout Rachel? Is she all right?

Rachel is alright, as long as it's the Phoenix-less version.

I'll allow the character, but you're not allowed any evidence from when she went Phoenix. So you're basically limited to an average max Jean. Average max Jean = Grant Morrison's run, beginning of Portacio's X-men run, Lobdell's EOD Jean Grey, Kelly's Jean, etc.

demigawd
allllllllright!

Well, now comes the hard part...beating me. evil face

jinzin
damn demigawd playing uhhhhhhh god.

demigawd
That's...gawd.

GalacticStorm
But demi its not fair she's phoenix now and forever!!! LOL. ok she can max out at just below skyfather level which is fine by me. She'll still lay out cable!!! laughing

jinzin
lol.

demigawd
But demi its not fair she's phoenix now and forever!!! LOL. ok she can max out at just below skyfather level which is fine by me. She'll still lay out cable!!! laughing

Here's a litmus test. Can your "max out at just below skyfather level" Phoenix beat an Elder?

GalacticStorm
i dont think she can according to te rules of this fight but then neither can cable and thats all that matters. Hes going down!!!!!!!

GalacticStorm
Right its bed time. I'll see u all in a few hours!!

demigawd
lol, well if that's all you want her for...fine.

But I'll be watching you! You do anything crazy with her, and I'll disqualify you!

Laminator_X
Those're some tough nus to crack, man.
1) Adam Warlock -The man with the plan must, and the Soul Gem is one of the few things Thanos fears. Has mind melded with at least half your team.
2) The Runner- Faster than the Flash, and he once KO'd the Surfer one on one.
3) Stryfe- The obvious check to God Cable.
4) Martian Manhunter- Utility infielder and sweeper fullback in one.
5) Thor- Like MM, but with Mjolnir instead of telepathy. Could beat Quasar.
6) Plastic-Man- Highly resistant to both magic and mental attacks. Surprise, Strange!

This would be a big, big, mess.

Sentry
Ok, third time's the charm:

1. Magni(Son Of Thor, same attributes as Classic Thor, slightly stronger and little more durable, still below skyfather)

2. Adam Warlock

3. Doctor Druid

4. Genis Vell

5. Sersi

6. Photon

7. Phylla Vell

How's that? No Phoenix. I'll come up with a scenario to kick your team's but tomorrow. Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnn..... I go to work in 3 hours. Have to drive to LA tomorrow to turn in my work. I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow....

Sentry
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Those're some tough nus to crack, man.
1) Adam Warlock -The man with the plan must, and the Soul Gem is one of the few things Thanos fears. Has mind melded with at least half your team.
2) The Runner- Faster than the Flash, and he once KO'd the Surfer one on one.
3) Stryfe- The obvious check to God Cable.
4) Martian Manhunter- Utility infielder and sweeper fullback in one.
5) Thor- Like MM, but with Mjolnir instead of telepathy. Could beat Quasar.
6) Plastic-Man- Highly resistant to both magic and mental attacks. Surprise, Strange!

This would be a big, big, mess.

Isn't the Runner an Elder or above Skyfather or something?

demigawd
Re: The Runner - he's low end skyfather, being an Elder. Doesn't qualify.

Sentry - your team looks good. Now let's see your plan tomorrow!

Looks like everybody is off to bed. g'night all. We'll continue tomorrow...

Laminator_X
Elders are too powerful but Thanos isnt? In Thanos Quest, the Mad Titan beat every single one of them, and the Surfer beat both Champion and Eliminator in his 80's run (well OK, he went 1 and 1 with Eliminator). The Elders are impressive, but Odin they aint. If there's a "low end" to Skyfather class, Thanos and the Surfur belong there too,

demigawd
But Thanos had infinite prep, used the power of the gems he collected at times and never directly physically defeated them. It was always some form of trickery.

Surfer beating Champion was PIS given his other performances.

kgkg
But Thanos had infinite prep, used the power of the gems he collected at times and never directly physically defeated them. It was always some form of trickery.

Surfer beating Champion was PIS given his other performances.
Chapmion had some very good showing - when he was first shown in comics. ( the time when he kick hulk , thor , thing , namor etc ass)

Thanos trickes --- thats the nature and his skill in battle.

From what i saw Chapmion was getting raped. Planning ya that was good planning chapmion will some charging to punch me , i will dodge and sent him pack.

This happend like 4 times , and Chap didn't even touch Thanos.

Didn't you say he was A skillful fighter?? he looked like a moron going agaisn't Thanos.

And sad thing is he had the Power Gem.

Now with Surfer it might have been PIS but surfer already has defeate more than one elder(found a way).

demigawd
Yes, but I allow people to start using Elders, then they'll be having Champion using massive energy blasts and impenetrable forcefields and all kinds of stuff that he'd never do in the comics but "could" do as his right as an Elder. Champion, and the other Elders, when written to their utmost potential, would single-handedly trash my entire team, and could casually destroy the planet. So...NO!

LordFear
MAGNETO
DR DOOM
EGO
ADAM WARLOCK
FABIAN CORTEZ(HE SERVES AS A GENERATOR FOR THE LIKES OF MAGS AND PRETTY MUCH BOOSTS UP EVERYBODY'S POWER LEVELS
DARKSEID
SAVAGE HULK

LordFear
1. Thanos---EGO
2. Flash....SAVAGE HULK
3. Dr. Strange.... DR DOOM
4. Silver Surfer...DARKSEID
5. God Cable...ADAM WARLOCK
6. Quasar...MAGNETO
Fabian is not fighting but again just a power up dude.

demigawd
EGO? He's Galactus level! No way he counts!

kgkg
ya ego lol .

He called himself the Elder. LMAO

he is to powerful for even for Thanos.

don't let the Galdiator shit fool you nothing really happend.

LordFear
I don't even need a strategy.
Just a major kick ass action.
Ego would just swallow Thanos.
Thanos without the IG cannot take him down alone.
SS can't and not even the Shiar's entire Imperial fleet, they failed.
So that one is gonna be going on for a helluva time. Keep Purple Puss busy.
Flash against Hulk well this is gonna be a problem. Nothing in Flash's arsenal can keep old green genes down for long. Let's say he goes through him and eviscerate him, Hulk keeps healing himself, get's pissed off with Wally's corny jokes and gets stronger. A lengthy and ultimately lethal outcome for Flash.
Dr.Strange is one dimensional and that's his major flaw. Doom not only is the son of a gypsy but commands the mystical arts very well. He can also switch to his tech to really stir things up and keep Strange off balance coupled with the fact that Victor is an incredibly resourceful combatant. This is Doom's victory especially with prep time.
SS against Darkseid might go both ways but I am leaning towards SS.
God Cable against the possesor of the soul gem??? No contest. Warlock not only possesses it but has mastered it's properties to a fine precision.
He is at one with the soul world. He can bring Cable into soul world and fight him on his turf. Outcome Cable is drained because of the mental strain of trying to not let the soul world take his soul and battling Warlock on his home turf.
Quasar and Mags!!! Good one but Mags is very resourceful as well and gettinig powerups from Cortez would increase strength and durability.
Picture Mags hurling asteroids or dead planets at this kid????
Too much for Quasar to focus on. I notice that Q has problems focusing his quantum bands at different obstacles simultaneously. It takes a toll on him. Mags can exploit that weakness.
Outcome SS still standing with a very remote chance of a tired, beaten and worned down Thanos against Savage Hulk mega pissed adrenaline pumped muscle mountain ready to stomp something, Mags still standing with his health meter still above midlevel, a tired probably armor torn Doom but still standing with previous intel on SS and Thanos and Warlock coming back from soul world ready and waiting for two opponents that he knows in and out,

LordFear
OH CRAP !!!
C'MON FELLAS!!
EGOS isn't that powerful because ini Maximum Security when alien prisoners got dumped on Earth, Reed, IM, and the rest beat him.

kgkg

LordFear
Q beats Mag???HELL NO SIR
Strange beating Doom with ease??? Think again and please read some Doom comix. You got Doom going against Mephisto who whipped Strange's ass and the only way finally the good doctor won was by begging Agomotto to help him and increase his amulet's power. And tricked Mephisto into fighting Satan... No Doom will not fall!!!!Guaranteed.
You think Doom is just gonna stroll up to Strange unprepped???
God Cable against the soul gem????
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
You serious???

kgkg
Originally posted by LordFear
Q beats Mag???HELL NO SIR
Strange beating Doom with ease??? Think again and please read some Doom comix. You got Doom going against Mephisto who whipped Strange's ass and the only way finally the good doctor won was by begging Agomotto to help him and increase his amulet's power. And tricked Mephisto into fighting Satan... No Doom will not fall!!!!Guaranteed.
You think Doom is just gonna stroll up to Strange unprepped???
God Cable against the soul gem????
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
You serious???

Strange can beat doom.

Doom got crush by the thing , hulk he ain't all that , way to overrated.

and what makes you think Thanos will just be watching??

Silver Silver can take most of the people you mention quick and easy.

LordFear
As for Thanos **** it and just let Drax with power gem fight him.
This fight will never end.
Locks Thanos outta of the game.
You don't need skyfather people.
If that was the case then these guys would never lose and they would never fight anybody less powerful then them.
U don't believe a seemingly underdog team with prep time can't fight these guys and win???
C'mon man don't believe the hype!!!!

LordFear
Oh SS WILL JUST TAKE DARKSEID OUT IN A MINUTE???
YOU ON CRACK???
DID THANOS DO IT WHEN HE FOUGHT DARKSEID???
C'mon man, think!!!
He got taken what twice that I can think of(Doom)
With all the feats Doom has done, you believe he is that weak??
Ok I am done with this argument dude

kgkg
As for Thanos **** it and just let Drax with power gem fight him.
This fight will never end.
Locks Thanos outta of the game.
You don't need skyfather people.
If that was the case then these guys would never lose and they would never fight anybody less powerful then them.
U don't believe a seemingly underdog team with prep time can't fight these guys and win???
C'mon man don't believe the hype!!!!
it's not that.

The team demi made can counter almost any team.

Drax --- Stage sends him into another dimention (shit like that)
magneto ( get's his ass kicked by surfer)
Doom- get's rapped by Thanos

etc. there is always a counter since their power are so versatile.
like flash - he whould take out doom before he does anything shit like that.

ok just come up with the people then give me your senerio and i will counter it.

kgkg
Oh SS WILL JUST TAKE DARKSEID OUT IN A MINUTE???
YOU ON CRACK???
DID THANOS DO IT WHEN HE FOUGHT DARKSEID???
C'mon man, think!!!
He got taken what twice that I can think of(Doom)
With all the feats Doom has done, you believe he is that weak??
Ok I am done with this argument dude
crossover . period

kgkg
Thanos---EGO
2. Flash....SAVAGE HULK
3. Dr. Strange.... DR DOOM
4. Silver Surfer...DARKSEID
5. God Cable...ADAM WARLOCK
6. Quasar...MAGNETO

here i will tell you how demi's teams beats this team.

why whould flash fight savage hulk?

Thanos know almost everybody and will have a plan.

Strage will make a forcefield for all of his teams.

Surfer takes the gamma radiation out of hulk -- kills him
Flash - goes after doom and kills him
Thanos gets out takes on magneto , and darkseid and kicks their ass.
etc.

LordFear
Thanos doesn't know that this is gonna happen. Read the thread starter.
He said that his team has no prep and no awareness of who is coming after them. Our team does. When they meet the key is to immediately pair up. Warlock immediatley brings Cable into soul world.
Hulk right away goes after Flash
See what I'm saying? They have their assigned fighters. That's the key to winning this thing. Otherwise in a big melee, of course Demi's team is unstoppable. But using strategy, you go by that. I tossed Hulk at Flash precisely because it's an odd ball fight. Flash is done.
That's how you fight strategically, gotta use what's available to you.
What is Flash gonna do, say " TIme out, I don't wanna fight him, can somebody switch with me please?"

kgkg
Thanos doesn't know that this is gonna happen. Read the thread starter.
He said that his team has no prep and no awareness of who is coming after them. Our team does. When they meet the key is to immediately pair up. Warlock immediatley brings Cable into soul world.
Hulk right away goes after Flash
See what I'm saying? They have their assigned fighters. That's the key to winning this thing. Otherwise in a big melee, of course Demi's team is unstoppable. But using strategy, you go by that. I tossed Hulk at Flash precisely because it's an odd ball fight. Flash is done.
That's how you fight strategically, gotta use what's available to you.
What is Flash gonna do, say " TIme out, I don't wanna fight him, can somebody switch with me please?"

How long does it take to change match up?

SS, flash can move at light speed.

If this fight was going to last one second it's another thing.

Dr.strage can easily create a shield, backed up by another thanos shield, and Silver Surfer shield.

now like you said
Warlock immediately brings Cable into soul -- yes that could happen.

But do you really think SS, Flash , and Thanos are so stupid that they will fight how the opponents want?

My point is it does take prep time to choose who you want to fight (especially with people like flash , SS who can move beyond light speed)

LordFear
Now sorry Demi didn't say if his team knew or not but I can still use the hour prep time to set something up.
I lock Drax with Thanos--right away I take out a huge powerhouse on his team. Not take out as in beat but have him so busy that he can't assist his other teammates.
Q and Mags----I know that Q has a problem using his bands to focus on different targets, that can be used to my advantage with Mags.
SS against Darkseid----I mean let's be real here, you might not like him but Dark IS a god. To dismiss him that quickly is foolish, especially when Thanos is notorious for pimping SS.
You might not want to admit it but Strange would have his hands full with a prepped Doom.
Cable will not win against the soul gem. Forget it. I bet my boxes of comix on that/lol

LordFear
Ok so your argument is SS, Thanos and Flash switch partners right???
Ok.
Those three switch to fight Drax, Darkseid and Savage Hulk.
So you are saying that SS simply sucks the gamma out of Hulk!!
Can he do it against a primal Hulk??what are the side effects to doing that for SS if any??? How long does it take?Does it drain any of his powers? I would like to really know!!!
What are the effects of the Omega Beam against SS???
Remember against Thanos it's not much but against SS, who knows!!
I mean you say crossover. But whether it is or not or you disagree with it. That's what happened and I can safely make assumptions based on that encounter. Do I agree with the Lobo vs Logan crossover?Hell no but that's what they let happen. I have to go by that to some extent.

GalacticStorm
"if any one finds a team that can beat this one i will give them props."

Mine can. Im just working on a strategy now so i will be back

LordFear
Btw could Cloak from Cloak and Dagger just simply half of these guys into his dimension???
He did it in the IG wars although Thanos broke out cuz he had the gauntlet.
What about Karate Kid??/
he could kick half of this team's butt right

kgkg
Ok so your argument is SS, Thanos and Flash switch partners right???
Ok.
Those three switch to fight Drax, Darkseid and Savage Hulk.
So you are saying that SS simply sucks the gamma out of Hulk!!
Can he do it against a primal Hulk??what are the side effects to doing that for SS if any??? How long does it take?Does it drain any of his powers? I would like to really know!!!
What are the effects of the Omega Beam against SS???
Remember against Thanos it's not much but against SS, who knows!!
I mean you say crossover. But whether it is or not or you disagree with it. That's what happened and I can safely make assumptions based on that encounter. Do I agree with the Lobo vs Logan crossover?Hell no but that's what they let happen. I have to go by that to some extent.

-Surfer has drained energy of the Sun( and blew a planet with it) , so sucking Hulk is no problem.
-it takes few seconds.
- draining will give him power (he sucks energy as food)
-Darkseid all I have to said Surperman kicks his ass (surfer can do it quicker) and it was crossover which I don't like. Do you really think someone like Darksied is a match for Thanos ( who beats Champion(with power Gem) , hulk , SS etc with ease.

While Darksied struggles with Superman.

What am trying to say is that you may come with battle scenario but this team can always counter.

SS , Flash , Strange , Thanos if they want to battle someone else you can't stop them some are fast etc.

You know

Sentry
My team will crush Demi's but I'm still working on a scenario.

LordFear
Ok I SEE what you are saying.
Now let me take Hulk out and replace him with Pitt(from Image)
Essentially just as powerful and Pitt gets stronger the more stressed he gets.
And Doomsday.
If Doom could accelerate his revival process and make him come back right after he dies, then Demi's team is screwed. Plausible?

demigawd
kgkg is doing my job for me, lol. Have fun!

I'll be back later to see what Sentry and GalacticStorm have cooked up.

I've thought of a few teams that could take my team. After everybody has exausted their ideas, I'll post mine and see ya'll play my role against me.

DigiMark007
Back for my whupping. Really bummed that Mephisto doesn't count...he was my ace in the hole.

Oh, and I lied. The Doctor is back. big grin Couldn't think of seven people that would stand a chance otherwise.

1. Charnelle
2. 8th Day Juggernaut
3. Death's Head II
4. The Doctor
5. Genis-Vell
6. Martian Manhunter
7. Mr. Majestic

Off we go...

Manhunter does the telepathic shields. Doctor does the magic shields.

Genis is tasked with controlling and fighting Quasar. Both have some powerful energy stuff, so I honestly don't know who would prevail.

Charnelle has handed Strange his ass before, and he can do it again, especially with a bit of prep.
Death's Head goes for Cable....he's immune to telepathy and can rebuild himself amazingly fast, so not much that Cable can do would harm him.
Majestic, being a ruthless Superman type, tracks down Flash (Supes is just as fast as Flash) and then ends his life.

8th Day is nearly the full power of Cytorrak, so he's near the Skyfather level. Someone (either MM or Doctor) comes to help him out and provide a distraction while he goes at it with Surfer or Thanos.

With Majestic, Death's Head, and Charnelle back, Charnelle helps Genis win his fight, Majestic adds to the physical distraction of Surfer-Thanos. And pretty soon Surfer and Thanos are the only ones left standing. They would have probably killed a few of my guys by then (since Juggs engaged them first we'll say him and the Doctor have died), but the combined might of my forces will eventually weigh them down.

Ha! A plan. Time for demi to find the flaws.

-DM

kgkg
you want me to counter that?

am getting tired lol so many people.

DigiMark007
Sorry...Charnelle is a she. I said 'he could do it again' in my plan. Didn't want anyone calling me out on that.

I feel your pain kgkg (from my most recent battle thread). do whatever you want though...I'll probably help demi in a little bit too, but it's not our thread, so we can do as much or as little as we want

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
1. Charnelle
2. 8th Day Juggernaut
3. Death's Head II
4. The Doctor
5. Genis-Vell
6. Martian Manhunter
7. Mr. Majestic

you have 7........ you are only allowed 6.......... instant DQ..... lol

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
you have 7........ you are only allowed 6.......... instant DQ..... lol

Demi changed the rules (page 1 I think). 7 are allowed now.

stick out tongue

-DM

K3VIL
Genis-Vell:
Limitless energy manipulations powers, he can enhance his physical abilities to stay in fight against powerhouses like Maestro Hulk, Thanos, and similar, he can fly at warp speed, teleport, create force fields.
I put him against Dr. Strange, too much raw power for him, plus Genis teleportation ability would grant him the surprise element.

The Absorbing Man:
Why is he here?Touches the Quantum Bands, become an energy battery, and beat the living crap out of Quasar.

Martian Manhunter:
Bye bye Cable

Magni:
Thor's son from The Reign saga, he's not able to use Mjolnir in an expert manner like his father, but he possess a level of strenght far above that of his father without using Odin Force to enhance it, Magni was able to withstand against Desak when his father even with Odin Force was having major troubles, he possess also a high level of invulnerability, combat skills, reflexes.
He can knock out Thanos, if he was able to stay against Desak, he can do the same with Thanos, who isn't immune to godly powers.
Also, Magni showed impressive strenght when he throwed at Desak a really huge building, stomping him with it.

Hyperion:
One of the best rip-offs of Superman, superhuman strenght, speed, reaction time, invulnerability, nuclear vision projection, can fly at warp speed.He can certainly beat the Silver Surfer, especially considering Hyperion doesn't hold back against an enemy, so SS is doomed.

Scoobless
1. Thanos
2. Flash
3. Dr. Strange
4. Silver Surfer
5. God Cable
6. Quasar

the only (or at least the most sensible) way i can think to combat these guys is with major prep

1. Kang...... now i have all the prep time in the world.... stick out tongue
2. Doom..... to make use of the prep + decent levels of magic
3. Reed Richards..... to help Doom
4. Graviton..... cos he's cool ... cool ....lol
5. The Ancient One..... to add a major magical whammy
6. Firestorm.......to add any and all materials the brains could want

Cable is easily dealt with with mutant gene inhibiting tech
With no prep (for them) i can waste Strange and Quasar before they know i'm there (as my guys are cloaked to magic and science.... (built during my excellent use of "prep" time)
Graviton removes Gravity from the battle zone taking Flash off the ground then crushing him
these three acts are simultaneous
down to just Thanos and Surfer
during the "prep" time Reed and Doom built the Ancient One a suit of magical armour (hands up if you recognise this ploy) this armour boosts his speed and power... he has reinforced this with every magical protective spell he knows and firestorm has made it more invulnerable to physical damage than Cap's shield
Ancient one takes on Thanos in order to keep him and Surfer separate
they have designed and built protection to psionic attack for all members.... just in-case
they have used their unlimited prep (by using Kang's time travel if you didn't know) to boost Graviton's control and power level by a factor of 50..... enough to bring even Thanos to his knees

Reed and Doom have created a neural disruptor to stagger the Surfer
Firestorm destroys Surfers board grounding him and Grav keeps him down
Doom has enhanced his power leeching tech and grabs the Surfer's power for himself
Doom assaults Thanos with all the newfound power he has while Grav keeps him rooted in one place, Thanos defends and holds his own, Firestorm encases Thanos in a completely indestructible shell and Graviton throws him into a super-massive black hole forever

smokin'

EDIT: ok, now i realise that i'm allowed seven....... but i wont use the extra one unless this plan is dismantled

leonheartmm
1. NATE GREY
2. CAPTAIN MARVELL II
3. MR. SINISTER
4. JUGGERNAUT
5. GLADIATER{CURRENT VERSION}
6. MEPHISTO

leonheartmm
oh yea n throw in PROTEUS, to finish it off

demigawd
Some interesting teams here. I'll address them all later. In the meantime, if anyone else wants to take a crack, we'll see...

Mider
Lobo (Can take on anyone for the right price even fought Thanos to a stand still This Version is unkillable and has all His weapons)
Loki (Hopefully strong enough to take down Dr Strange)
Orion (Although He cant beat Superman He can give Him a run for His money oh and this version is full on beserk mode and can move faster then light fast enough for The Flash)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan a good match for Quasar)
Alpha (Magneto's mutant not as powerful as The Stranger but strong enough to make Magneto into a kid a good match for god Cable)
Morg (With the waters of life can hand Silver Surfers ass to Him and has)

GalacticStorm
"Morg (With the waters of life can hand Silver Surfers ass to Him and has)"

u sure that wouldnt take him in2 skyfather level?

leonheartmm
what exactly is the level of skyfather?

GalacticStorm
thanos is just below skyfather level according to the rules demis set for this thread. If it can be argued that morg with the waters of life can beat thanos then hes too powerful and is disqualified

Laminator_X
I think Thanos being just under it makes as good a metric as any for skyfather status, given that when Thanos and Odin fought, Odin was clearly winning but had to pull out the stops to do so (i.e. summoning Gungnir, allowing collateral damage within Asgaurd, etc.).
I would also make the case that being an Elder of the Universe doen't automatically make one so. Clearly Grandmaster and Ego are over the line. Just as clearly the Collector, the Gardener, and the Posessor are below it. In my opinion Runner, Eliminator, and Champion are in that "right on the line" club along with people like Thanos and the Surfer. Astronomer and Trader we know little about.
I'm only belaboring the point because this sort of thing keeps coming up. If the answer to "Could he be a fair match against Odin, Darkseid, or the Stranger?" is "Probably not," than the character should probably be fair game. Sometimes it may be a tough call (The Doctor for instance), but a whole catagory like "Elder" or whatever is just too broad to exclude out of hand.
Demi, if you want me to, I'll exclude the Runner, it's your game after all. smile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by leonheartmm
1. NATE GREY
2. CAPTAIN MARVELL II
3. MR. SINISTER
4. JUGGERNAUT
5. GLADIATER{CURRENT VERSION}
6. MEPHISTO

To help out a little more on Skyfather-ness, Mephisto would be at Skyfather level, but the rest of your team is ok. Mephisto's a god in his own right, and has his own dimension.

Skyfather = Odin by the way...it took me a while to realize that. Most cosmic beings are below this (ther aren't a bunch above Odin). Some have been mentioned but other would include Galactus, Pheonix, Beyonder, Tyrant, Sentry (maybe), Franklin Richards, Kubik, Dormammu, Ego...that's just some but it gives you an idea of the power levels involved.

That said, you team's in some trouble, with or without Mephisto. Nate and Marvell are solid choices, but Sinister, Juggs, and Gladiator (to a slightly lesser extent) are in for the fight or their lives. They'd go down fast.

-DM

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mider
Lobo (Can take on anyone for the right price even fought Thanos to a stand still This Version is unkillable and has all His weapons)
Loki (Hopefully strong enough to take down Dr Strange)
Orion (Although He cant beat Superman He can give Him a run for His money oh and this version is full on beserk mode and can move faster then light fast enough for The Flash)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan a good match for Quasar)
Alpha (Magneto's mutant not as powerful as The Stranger but strong enough to make Magneto into a kid a good match for god Cable)
Morg (With the waters of life can hand Silver Surfers ass to Him and has)

Lobo....ok. Keep in mind Thanos is also "immortal" and cannot really die. Thanos would probably win via ring-out or would eventually just outlast him.
Loki...I wouldn't put him above Strange, but with a little prep it'd be good.
Orion...if he can't beat Superman then he's not in the same league as Cable, Surfer, Quasar, etc.
Hal...not a good match for Quasar.
Alpha....dunno
Morg...what are the waters of life?? To my knowledge, Surfer's on a different level than Morg unless he's enhanced somehow, and with only an hour of prep that's not too likely.

Your team would put up a good fight, but I can't see them winning.

-DM

DigiMark007
Originally posted by K3VIL
Genis-Vell:
Limitless energy manipulations powers, he can enhance his physical abilities to stay in fight against powerhouses like Maestro Hulk, Thanos, and similar, he can fly at warp speed, teleport, create force fields.
I put him against Dr. Strange, too much raw power for him, plus Genis teleportation ability would grant him the surprise element.

The Absorbing Man:
Why is he here?Touches the Quantum Bands, become an energy battery, and beat the living crap out of Quasar.

Martian Manhunter:
Bye bye Cable

Magni:
Thor's son from The Reign saga, he's not able to use Mjolnir in an expert manner like his father, but he possess a level of strenght far above that of his father without using Odin Force to enhance it, Magni was able to withstand against Desak when his father even with Odin Force was having major troubles, he possess also a high level of invulnerability, combat skills, reflexes.
He can knock out Thanos, if he was able to stay against Desak, he can do the same with Thanos, who isn't immune to godly powers.
Also, Magni showed impressive strenght when he throwed at Desak a really huge building, stomping him with it.

Hyperion:
One of the best rip-offs of Superman, superhuman strenght, speed, reaction time, invulnerability, nuclear vision projection, can fly at warp speed.He can certainly beat the Silver Surfer, especially considering Hyperion doesn't hold back against an enemy, so SS is doomed.

Why would Quasar let Absorbing Man get close enough to him to touch the bands. He'd end AM's life well before he had the chance.
Genis is a good pick
How do you figure MM can simply wipe away Cable like a stain on his pants? God-Cable has high level matter manipulation power. He's also a telepath easily on MM's level. MM can shape-shift...Cable can rearrange his molecules. MM's good to protect against telepathic attacks and to sometimes be a physical distraction, but wouldn't be able to take Cable head-up.
Magni...good pick.
If Hyperion is a Superman clone, he's not going to take out Surfer. He could probably hold his own with Surfer and help bring him down, but Surfer's a level or two above Supes, so Hyperion wouldn't just be able to destroy him.

Kinda like the last team I looked at (I forget whose..) They would put up a hell of a fight, but I don't see them coming out with the victory.

-DM

DigiMark007
I failed to mention that if I wanted I could have had The Doctor take my team back in time for some uber-prep, but I didn't (like Scoobless, that dirty cheater...lol). I like the challenge of figuring out another way with just the hour of prep.

Oh, and I've done my good deed for the day, helping demi fight off some of these teams...being the bad guy is fun too, especially when I'm rooting against everyone except my own team evil face

-DM

Scoobless
I failed to mention that if I wanted I could have had The Doctor take my team back in time for some uber-prep, but I didn't (like Scoobless, that dirty cheater...lol).

it's not "cheating"....... it's being smart ....... lol

big grin

at least i fought them rather than going back to their birth's and killing them then........... i have SOME honour!

Draco69
I can't match Demigawd's scientific expertise. wacko

K3VIL
Why would Quasar let Absorbing Man get close enough to him to touch the bands. He'd end AM's life well before he had the chance.
Genis is a good pick
Why would he let him doing that?
Cause the Absorbing Man will start out in a steel form or stone form through touching the ground or a piece of steel into a building, Quasar would obviously try to parry blows of his metal ball, and meanwhile the AM would reach him in close combat and touch one of his bands, to drain all the power of the bands leaving Quasar defenseless.You forgot that the AM once absorbed the energy of the core of the Earth and become hella powerful, he can do the same with the Q-Bands.
Or he can simply touch Genis-Vell N-Bands and use them against Quasar.If it's not enugh, Genis will take care of Quasar.
How do you figure MM can simply wipe away Cable like a stain on his pants? God-Cable has high level matter manipulation power. He's also a telepath easily on MM's level. MM can shape-shift...Cable can rearrange his molecules. MM's good to protect against telepathic attacks and to sometimes be a physical distraction, but wouldn't be able to take Cable head-up.<---MM can also fly at superspeed, he can engage a battle of the minds with Cable and subdue him on the psionic plane, don't forget he was able to enter in the mind of Mageddon, a weapon of cosmic destruction level, a living huge planet created to destroy anything on his path and survive to the contact with his mind.In recent JLA issues J'Onn's evil side nearly killed the JLA.
Also don't forget that in physical confrontation Cable is doomed, MM is stronger, faster, tougher, and one hit of Martian Vision will shut down Cable, and meanwhile Cable is fight MM, Genis can always give him help and gain the upper hand on Cable
Magni...good pick.<--- wink
If Hyperion is a Superman clone, he's not going to take out Surfer. He could probably hold his own with Surfer and help bring him down, but Surfer's a level or two above Supes, so Hyperion wouldn't just be able to destroy him.<---Hyperion is a pumped up Superman, he fight with no mercy, Surfer doesn't know which kind of radiation is required to kill him, and Hyp can knock out SS before he manage to discover it.Also Hyperion speed blitzed many of his foes, he can do it with Surfer, if Thor in madness mode was able to beat Surfer, Hyperion, who doesn't show mercy, can do the same.Also he's the Hyperion from Supreme Power, not Classical.

Kinda like the last team I looked at (I forget whose..) They would put up a hell of a fight, but I don't see them coming out with the victory.

-DM

DigiMark007
Nice counter K3VIL.

Surfer is still uber-strong and fast. Even if he doesn't know exactly which radiation to use, he won't fold like an accordion once Hyperion hits him. I still won't accept that even a slightly stronger Superman clone (like Hyperion or even Mr. Majestic) could take Surfer one-on-one.

Cable is a wicked powerful telepath, possibly stronger than Xavier (to give a basis for comparison). MM won't just subdue his mind. His powers would also let him create a forcefield around himself, so yeah if MM gets to him Cable's not as strong...but getting to him wouldn't be a cake-walk for MM.

And Thanos has held his own with Odin (it was somewhat of a stalemate when I saw them fight, but Odin inflicted more punishment), so Magni would also have his work cut out for him (though I do like the pick). And if Magni is more powerful than Odin, then he'd be in danger of being above Skyfather, so he wouldn't walk away with an easy win, though the fight would be good.

You've talked me into liking your team more, and they'd have a chance to win, but I still say Team Demigawd (if that's what it is) wins 6 or 7 out of 10.

-DM

K3VIL
Nice counter K3VIL.

Surfer is still uber-strong and fast. Even if he doesn't know exactly which radiation to use, he won't fold like an accordion once Hyperion hits him. I still won't accept that even a slightly stronger Superman clone (like Hyperion or even Mr. Majestic) could take Surfer one-on-one.
<----Gotta consider that Hyperion from SP is like Pre-Crisis supes in terms of strenght, that's a hell of strenght.

Cable is a wicked powerful telepath, possibly stronger than Xavier (to give a basis for comparison). MM won't just subdue his mind. His powers would also let him create a forcefield around himself, so yeah if MM gets to him Cable's not as strong...but getting to him wouldn't be a cake-walk for MM.<---Great points, but a telekinetic force field isn't something MM can't pass through.I think this fight will go on energy blasts and physical confrontation, considering their telepathy is equal perhaps.MM is anyway far faster than Cable, who on the other hand can manipulate matter, but has he ever manipulate the molecules of living beings?Also MM has total control over his molecular structure, and his use of telepathy is psionic powers is more experienced than that of Nathan, don't forget the Martians are born with their powers and trained since childhood.

And Thanos has held his own with Odin (it was somewhat of a stalemate when I saw them fight, but Odin inflicted more punishment), so Magni would also have his work cut out for him (though I do like the pick). And if Magni is more powerful than Odin, then he'd be in danger of being above Skyfather, so he wouldn't walk away with an easy win, though the fight would be good.<---Thanos fought with Odin, held his own, yes, a great fight, but Thanos wasn't able to counterattack at a certain point, he just keep to stand up and staying against Odin.
Magni held his own with Desak, but he's not above skyfather level, he's just the physically stronger and tougher Asgardian ever born except for Thor when he uses Odin Force to enhance his abilities, and that's why with Mjolnir at his side he can knock down Thano.Desak right arm was DAMAGED from a single punch of Magni, something that never happen before.Also don't forget Mjolnir can absorb anything Thanos throw at Magni, and also the guy can always use the teleportation trick to make Thanos landing from the stratosphere on the ground, granting himself serious advantage, cause Thanos can't fly.

You've talked me into liking your team more, and they'd have a chance to win, but I still say Team Demigawd (if that's what it is) wins 6 or 7 out of 10.

I can tell you that except for those 3 guys above the other on my teams can win their challenges, not easy except for Genis Vell but they can.
-DM

leonheartmm
revised
1. NATE GREY
2. CAPTAIN MARVEL II
3. BLACK BOLT
4. SILVER SURFER
5. PROTEUS
6. DORMAMMU
7. LOKI

GalacticStorm
dormammus too powerful to be included leo.

leonheartmm
hmmm then ill add THOR in dormammu's place.

DigiMark007
k...good...let's see a plan.

leonheartmm
final list
1. NATE GREY
2. CAPTAIN MARVEL II
3. ADAM WARLOCK
4. BLACK BOLT
5. PROTEUS
6. THOR
7. LOKI

leonheartmm
i dont think they even need a plan.

GalacticStorm
believe me they do. Especially against demis team. Wait for him to get back because I could come up with a creditable scenario to take them out with demis team. When he tears apart one of u lot thats when i'll post my straytegy. I just wanna see see his thought chain.

Scoobless
take him apart GS

Scoobless
since you were never gonna look for it Demi....

big grin

King KAM
Id kick his effin a'ss, i heard hes a sucka

golem370
Sersi
Black Bolt
Apocalypse written to potenial
Magni Thor
Drax the Destroyer with power gem
Morg at full power
Krytonian

demigawd
Originally posted by Scoobless
since you were never gonna look for it Demi....

big grin

aww, I ran out of time on here. I never actually got the chance to address your team or anybody else's after page 4.

demigawd
I'd love to play this again, but I won't have a chance too, since things are so much busier for me. That's why I don't enter tournaments, either. sad

DigiMark007
A shame I didn't know The Doctor's potential back when we all thought he was still under Skyfather....would've helped a lot with my plans for these threads.

demigawd
Didn't we disqualify Doctor anyway?

DigiMark007
Didn't we disqualify Doctor anyway?

Yeah, eventually. At max potential he's well above Skyfather. But I was talking about before we knew that...I wouldn't have been the first to sneak in a few Skyfather+ types into my team. I just didn't know how to use him well. If I had, well, it might have been illegal, but until we found that out you would have been in trouble. hehe...

demigawd
Yeah, eventually. At max potential he's well above Skyfather. But I was talking about before we knew that...I wouldn't have been the first to sneak in a few Skyfather+ types into my team. I just didn't know how to use him well. If I had, well, it might have been illegal, but until we found that out you would have been in trouble. hehe...

lol, cheating bastard! You got what you deserved!!!

Wally West
1) Adam Warlock
2) Darkseid
3) Zoom
4) Black Adam
5) Dr. Fate
6) Brainiac
7) Orion

OK I think they probably lose to the "Fanboy answer to everything" team but with the 1 hour prep they put up a good fight. Maybe I should stick Franklin Richards in there and hope his potential comes through stick out tongue

Mider
you should put jobberseid so you will make it clear its not pre-crisis darkseid since jobbersied is the one with the weak showings

Mider
1. Thanos---------------the joker YUP I SAID IT.....he's punked gods before and the like
2. Flash------------hmmmm very difficult ill say flash from Kingdom or kingdom come the one who had totally mastered the speed force
3. Dr. Strange.........i shall put him against zom HA he isnt stated to be above sky father
4. Silver Surfer............morg with The waters of life and again he aint stated to be above a sky father
5. God Cable..................and for mr cable i shall put his butt against house of M magneto......can cable make black holes? and no he isnt above sky father magneto i mean the making of a black hole stresses him out
6. Quasar-------------i shall put him up against hal jordon in his green lantern form not in his parallax or spectre form.

leonheartmm
BATGOD WILL KILL YOU!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mider
1. Thanos---------------the joker YUP I SAID IT.....he's punked gods before and the like
2. Flash------------hmmmm very difficult ill say flash from Kingdom or kingdom come the one who had totally mastered the speed force
3. Dr. Strange.........i shall put him against zom HA he isnt stated to be above sky father
4. Silver Surfer............morg with The waters of life and again he aint stated to be above a sky father
5. God Cable..................and for mr cable i shall put his butt against house of M magneto......can cable make black holes? and no he isnt above sky father magneto i mean the making of a black hole stresses him out
6. Quasar-------------i shall put him up against hal jordon in his green lantern form not in his parallax or spectre form.

you make the mistake of planning a series of 1 on 1 matches.... classic rookie error

yes

demigawd
Are any of the big guns going to play devil's advocate? The thread only becomes fun when people start tearing apart strategies. Speaking of which....we'll need strategies from the people who posted teams.

Cosmic Flame
How about this one:

Hyperstorm
Thor
Genis
Hellstorm
Jean Grey
Magus
Nova

TheKahn
Jessie Custer
Saint of Killers
Magneto
Firestorm
Martian Manhunter
Susan Storm

R.O.T. Yahman
1. Thanos
2. Flash
3. Dr. Strange
4. Silver Surfer
5. God Cable
6. Quasar

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Amazo
3. Photon
4. Sentry
5. Lobo
6. Star Dust

smile

who?-kid
Put together a team of six to counter and defeat my team. They must be below skyfather level. They get one hour of prep time (my team does not get prep time). Oh, and here's the kicker - only one character exists in the omniverse, so you can't pick the same characters I picked. That also means the characters aren't available for amalgams (bub-bye Strangefayte!).

I didn't pick these characters because I like them. I picked them because they're usually the most commonly used characters when building dream teams. Let's see how ya'll do without access to your favorites.

1. Thanos
2. Flash
3. Dr. Strange
4. Silver Surfer
5. God Cable
6. Quasar

No skyfather umm ? And an hour of prep ? Okay...

Professor X
Pre-Crisis Superman
Count Nefaria
Blackbolt
X-Man
Molecule Man

R.O.T. Yahman
Amazo
Photon
Professor Zoom
Martian Manhunter
The General
Sentry

smile

leonidas
Are any of the big guns going to play devil's advocate? The thread only becomes fun when people start tearing apart strategies. Speaking of which....we'll need strategies from the people who posted teams.

big guns? confused someone 'round here has big guns . . .?

big grin

Darth Kal-El

1. Thanos
2. Flash
3. Dr. Strange
4. Silver Surfer
5. God Cable
6. Quasar

1. Genis-Vell
2. Darkseid
3. Dr. Doom
4. Superman
5. Lex Luthor
6. Loki (is he skyfather?)

Superherovandal
how about Batman 1 Million, Lobo, Superman 1 Million, Dr. Fate, Zoom, Alex Luthor, and current Alan Scott?

jacobo0o
wat bout my team

captain marvel(shazam)
genis vell
dr. fate
martin manhunter
darkseid
black bolt
zatanna

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.