Possibly Matrix 4..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thematrixmaster
there will possibly be a matrix 4..

thematrixmaster
becuz at the end of revolutions..sati said,"will we get to see neo again?"
and the oracle says,"we will....someday.."
so they might be comin out wit The Matrix 4

Wolfie
There have been threads on this.

And no! No more Matrixes! No more!!!!!

TOH
no expression

thematrixmaster
we all know there could be a matrix 4....dont we??
BECUZ OF THE ORACLES SAYING!!!
"We Will See Neo Again...Someday.."

xeous
*sigh*

Neo saved humanity...

Think of it this way:

Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, and Georgie Washington are all dead but you see them every day because they were founders of our country. If they didn't exist and do what they did, chances are that we wouldn't be here today.

The Oricle and Sati are both programs. They need the Matrix to survive. The Matrix needs people and machines to survive.

See where I'm getting?

I've never expressed this on the boards but that's what I feel they ment.

DarthLazious
Maybe it will be made into a Anime flim kinda like what they did with The Animatrix.

forumcrew
Originally posted by thematrixmaster
becuz at the end of revolutions..sati said,"will we get to see neo again?"
and the oracle says,"we will....someday.."
so they might be comin out wit The Matrix 4

the matrix online is the continuation of the matrix story.. if you want 4 play the game cause thats the closest you are getting. Unless the wachowskis go complete broke and homeless and are uber desperate.

SlickRick69
so you're saying there's a chance....

thematrixmaster
well the way i see it there is a chance of the wachowski bros making another matrix...anyways...i have another thread where(it is a poll)you can choose a good title 4 the new matrix 4...if there is one..i bet there will be one...i looked it up on da net(and the net doesnt lie..well sometimes it does...well actually most of the time it does...but thats beside the point..)so thats my point..

DenKi
JUST PLAY THE NEW VIDEO GAME WOTS COMING OUT, YOU PLAY NEO IN IT

thematrixmaster
yea i know

DirectorFitz
umm..Matrix Online basically is Matrix 4!

DarthLazious
LOL....Did anyone listen to what I just said about Matrix 4?

thematrixmaster
so that means that they will come out wit da Matrix 4..becuz it said they will..and i will give u the site it said..

thematrixmaster
ok here's wat i have so far...

thematrixmaster
MATRIX 4: An Inevitability?
Here we are in the month of December and the media machine surrounding one of the biggest trilogies in recent movie history has subsided. Yes, I am talking about The Matrix Trilogy. Love it or hate it, they got movie lovers worldwide talking, discussing and debating. But with rumours coming out of Hollywood that New Line and Joel Silver want to continue the movies with possibly at least two more sequels (with or without the participation of either Keanu Reeves or the Wachowski brothers) do we really need this story to continue? Could there possibly even be a way to continue the story?

***WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD! IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE MATRIX YET AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS STOP READING NOW***

Not that I think that will apply to anyone here. ;o)

The first answer that comes to mind is "NO!" but as Hollywood has shown us time and time again they never like to leave a near enough guaranteed money maker alone (Indian Jones 4, Die Hard 4, Lethal Weapon 4/5 etc etc) so the likelihood is that there will be eventually another sequel to The Matrix but I put it to you all that this has been planned already, and they set up the reasons in Matrix Revolutions.

Look at it this way, there is a long established tradition with fantasy and science-fiction writing to choose one of two formulas. Either Mythic, using a pantheon of Gods and ancient legends to build your story around, or using the Christian religion as a back-bone of the story (even Tolkien did this. If you don't believe me go find your favourite fantasy novel and have a read. You should see that it will fall into one of these two categories.) With Matrix Revolutions the Wachowski brothers showed that they fell into the later category and used Christianity as a back-bone for the story. This isn't a bad thing, as like I said people have been doing this sort of thing for years. But with this knowledge, if you look back at the other two movies you see more and more parallels (ok, so a lot of this is supposition, but read on anyway. At least it'll give you something to shout at me about).

The Matrix for instance was all about the birth, and eventual realisation of who Neo was. He was basically the worlds new Messiah and his awakening in the real world, education of what he could do in the Matrix and eventual rescue of Morpheus and defeat of Agent Smith all combine into Jesus' years in the wilderness between the time he was a boy and when he reappeared as a 30 year old man, sure in his knowledge of who he was.

Then in Matrix Reloaded you get the story of Neo, now firmly established as the real worlds Messiah, being tempted by the Devil (it's up to you to decide if that is the Merovingian or Persephone - but if it helps the Merovingian Dynasty is purported to be the descendants of Christ, real rulers of France who were deposed and supposedly all killed. But thats another story. And Persephone was the wife of Hades. So does that make Merovingian the Devil in the Matrix?) Also you have the fact that not everyone in the real world believes in Neo, with some of the counselors and military staff in Zion (lets carry on these interesting points - Zion was the name given to the stronghold captured by David, the second king of the Israelites and descendant of Jesus, above which was built the temple. The name eventually became a synonym for the city of Jerusalem) not too sure about him - even denouncing him in the Council Chamber, and Neo's pursuit by Agent Smith, who is slowly turning into an Anti-Neo or anti-Christ to Neo's Christ, so there are another couple of story points taken from the life of Jesus.

Onto the Matrix Revolutions. Now we get to the build up of the apocalypse. Everything is in danger, the real world city of Zion (which we have already established is an underworld version of Jerusalem) is in very real danger of being destroyed by the machines, while the Matrix city is being slowly taken over by Agent Smith, as he gathers all people to him and marks them with his sign (in this case his sign is basically looking like him) and Neo trying to avert both. And how does he do this? Why, he makes a deal with the machines. But not before his love gets taken from him (Trinity as Mary Magdalene?). And what does his titanic battle with Agent Smith do? Nothing, apart from make Neo realise that he has to become Agent Smith by allowing Agent Smith to infect him just like he has everyone else, change the Agent Smith code inside himself as he did once before and cleanse the world of this virus. From the look on Neo's face when this happens, he knew the eventual outcome, he knew that he would be sacrificing his life to save the world, thus becoming the savior of Man and Machine alike and ending the war (for now), basically dieing for the worlds sins.

So where does this leave us? Well, the final shot we see of Neo is him being taken away by the machines - to where we don't know. But what does that establish? Nothing really, until you look at the whole story. There is one thing missing from this story and that is the resurrection. Yes, thats right. If you look at the whole story so far the only reason for having a fourth movie is the return of Neo, for whatever reason. But what could the reason be? Well, the most obvious thing is that with the imminent launch of the online role-playing game The Matrix Online they are going to steer the story towards something big. The developers of the game have already said that there will be ongoing missions that you can accept from "Zion" (by which they mean them) and try to complete them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that in a couple of years they put in a mission that see's someone having to be rescued from the Matrix, who's identity is unknown to the players, and when that person is found it turns out to be Neo, thus launching lead up to the release of The Matrix Resurrection movie, which will probably have the war between man and machine about to break out again and a newly resurrected Neo trying desperatly to avert it.

Sound far fetched? Think about it, this is actually logical and, I'm sorry to say, inevitable. It will take a few years for all this to come together, but then even that is understandable as by then they may well of managed to convince Keanu Reeves to once more take part in another Matrix movie.

Sati: Will we ever see him again?
Oracle: I suspect so. Someday.

thematrixmaster
so thats one thing i have so far...i will have more....
So Till The Next Time...

TheMatrixMaster,OVER & OUT....

I will also be on a lot of other posts/threads talking bout the same thing..

DarthLazious
If not they can always make it into a Anime flim like with the Animatrix.

Bajanpet
As i stated in an another thread...IF ever there is another Matrix movie, I think it would be marketed as a spinoff with SATI as the central character.

JediHDM
wow...i can't believe people are still arguing over this

Dogbert
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Maybe it will be made into a Anime flim kinda like what they did with The Animatrix.

Ewww.... Anime sick

JediHDM
time to face facts...the Matrix series is an anime...plain and simple...changing it to anime format visuals would just, well, make sense

Lana
thematrixmaster: PLEASE learn how to edit posts instead of posting a bunch of times in a row. That is VERY annoying.

Frankly I think it'd be better to not have anymore Matrix. Another movie could destroy the series.

thematrixmaster
First,i can edit the posts but it wont let me put so many letters..thats why..
And Second,i think it would be better to have another matrix movie becuz it would either be based on Sati or Neo(if he comes back to life which i think he will..)so im 85 & a half % sure they're comin out with a matrix 4..if you dont think so well then stop reading..

Lana
For long posts, I can understand needing more than one. But you also have many posts in a row that are 1 sentence, or you'll say "I've got a pic!" and then make a seperate post for the pic.

thematrixmaster
o....so sorry for that..i'll try not to do that again...

xeous
Wow it would be cool if the W brothers would come out and say that MxO is the final chapter of the Matrix.

They did!

Ya don't say!

JediHDM
wouldn't it be great if the main characters, directors, brothers said matrix 3 was it...oh wait...

alic88
Originally posted by forumcrew
the matrix online is the continuation of the matrix story.. if you want 4 play the game cause thats the closest you are getting. Unless the wachowskis go complete broke and homeless and are uber desperate.

well u know what that might happen pretty soon since this person by the name of SOPHIA STEWERT is suing the wachowski siblings for ripping her story off. as stupid as it may sound, she has a strong case against them and could win a total of 2 billion dollars.

kanis
alien Leave the matrix alone its already finished neo's dead zion's safe and everybody happy so leave it alone its finshed, done dusted.

((The_Anomaly))
as much as I find another one kinda annoying, I do like the ressurection idea in a way.

but I dunno if it will ever happen, if it does it better have a damn good point and a damn good story with a damn good script. If they did do this though i dont think its possible to tell this story in 1 movie, so another trilogy would prolly be nessassary (a la Star Wars)

Korri
Guys there will be no Matrix 4!

In the words of Deano: Leave it at thaaaa!

vader519
There is not going to be a matrix 4. There is still a possiblity of the Animatrix 2. You want Matrix 4, play the Matrix Online. Look I am a huge fan of the trilogy, but it amkes no sense to have another movie.

thematrixmaster
here is a thing i found on the internet...
Date Posted: 13:04:52 08/23/03 Sat
Author: Scott Wachowski
Subject: THE MATRIX 4 WILL BE NAMED THE MATRIX REVELATIONS!!!

I believe That I have INFO to those whom it may concern!
My uncles (Larry and ANDY wachowski) informed me that somebody is going to write and direct the matrix 4
The matrix revelations. It still is a surprise, but it will definetely be in the making...
There is also a second ANIMATRIX coming soon...
So after THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS.I would say see you in 3 years WITH THE ANIMATRIX RELOADED and THE MATRIX REVELATIONS!!!

The Ones
possibly a person making up bullshit

Korri
*sigh*

Dude, there wont be anymore films, get over it.

Mainstream
indeed

vader519
Just another person making up BS.

Ghost_13
I just thought of another possibility who said that Neo was dead in the first place. As Samuel L. Jackson said in the Negotiator "slumped don't mean dead."

vader519
Well do you see Neo move or breathe at all at the end of the movie. Plus they say he is dead in the Matrix Online, and the machines will not give up Neo's remains.

kanis
starwars They all knew he was dead, youo could tell by the look on niobe's face and morpheus's face that he was dead so let it go people.

Ghost_13
How in the hell can you say that because of the looks on peoples faces ,who weren't even there, that Neo is dead. Now as for the argument that in the Matrix online that the machines won't give up Neo's remains, it begs the questions why not? What could the machines possibly lose by giving up Neo's body? My guess is that there is something else that is going on that has not been released yet. Think about it.

Superfly4000
they are adding machine parts to him! hahaha

thematrixmaster
I Like The Way You Think SuperFly....
And Ghost 13,Neo,yes he is alive,EVERYBODY!!!IF YOU HAVE REALLY SEEN THE MATRIX!!!REMEMBER WHAT THE ORACLE SAYS!!!
Sati-Will We Ever See Neo Again?
Oracle-I Suppose So,Someday....
then it is said!!!NEO IS STILL ALIVE!!!

vader519
Yes I remember what the oracle said, but that does not mean Neo is alive. What is meant is that we will probably see Neo in spirit in the Matrix.

Ghost_13
Him coming back in spirit is one thing but him coming back is where the money is, if someone can figure out how to bring him back they will because the story is centered arund him. If they don't they will do a prequel showing the other chosen ones.

vader519
Well I ove the matrix trilogy, but I do not want to see another movie. I liked the way it ended.

thematrixmaster
I'd Like To See Another Matrix....It Would Have More Special FX,Hopefully

Superfly4000
you star wars fans allways care about special effects, when will you learn...

JediHDM
/me sighs, thinks of all the threads concerning a matrix 4, wonders when people will get it

There will be no matrix 4. It has been stated by the Bros., Joel Silver, and the main characters. The Story was told, it is over.

Neo is not dead, but neither will he be coming back. He has been transformed, deified, if you will...if you want to know why i say this do a search through these forums. i'm tired of repeating it.

kanis
starwars Maybe the architect has had him stuffed and hung on a wall next to the other ones with a sign above with I killed the ones ha ha

dgeniu
Originally posted by Superfly4000
you star wars fans allways care about special effects, when will you learn...

I resent that!!

Say, is this thread spinning around in circles, or is it just me?

JediMasterLuke5
3rd movie was a disaster, they wont waste their time after being critized about the 3rd movie so much on making a 4th movie.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by thematrixmaster
we all know there could be a matrix 4....dont we??
BECUZ OF THE ORACLES SAYING!!!
"We Will See Neo Again...Someday.."

the saying doesn't mean anything. it all boils down to the film industry LOL

mailedbypostman
I'm kinda amazed this forum is still here...I thought it'd die out around a year ago....
Back to topic: Neo is sorta dead, but not really, he's become part of the eseenc of the matrix.

b-dan
if they make a 4 who will be the villian the only person who could be the villian would be the twins or they can make another excuse to bring my fav caracter smith bak

JKozzy
They wouldn't. That's the thing. There is no Matrix 4.

mailedbypostman
Forum AI- "Speak."
AliasNeo- "The Program Newbie has grown beyond ur control. You cannot stop them, but I can."
Forum AI- "And if u read?"
AliasNeo- "I wont."

I need to store these quotes somewhere....

eggmayo
I think the Oracle said that to Sati so she didn't get upset. smile

mailedbypostman
In that case she said it to us so we wouldn't get upset...."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Vim
If you want an idea for another Matrix movies in the General Fiction area read: The Matrix Revelations by joelsef. Its pretty complex, just like the movie should be. By the way does anyone here play the Matrix Online?

mailedbypostman
I don't, but I'll be getting Path of Neo. Wow this forum is dead. averages 4-6 posts per day.

matrixworld01
rite you may be right and sati may be the one of the lead characters but she will not be a child she will proberly be a around 20 year old woman or sumin like dat she may go to the actual machine world with morphius and find neo some other random stuff....

but this is what i think if u remeber in the other film neo was able to use his powers out side of the matrix but if it ment to be a real world then how can he do that ... unless there was always a higher power ever hight than the archerteced but he is like a pupet to them like he thought neo was to him .... basicly there is was a matrix inside a matrix and wat they think to be the reall world is just another matrix and they come to relise this as do the machines and a war breaks out again and sati and morphius go in search of neo the save the humans again and once and for all destroy the machine threat. it makes sense dnt it really
rite somin back.

but when people say o it gona be called the matrix resurection or the matrix revalations .. or u know the matrix unleashed i dnt care wats its called all i sayin is i told you wat i though and if there is a new matrix great but there aint ne real proof theres just hope...

mailedbypostman
The W bros wouldn't release one when they said they woudln't I don't think. If they did, people will be like What the f**k? .

neo313
I bet in 5-10 years, there will be another movie.

StinkFist462
an off-shoot maybe. but not a direct sequel.

thats how i see things going down

DenKi
Path of Neo is such a bad game, i sold mine

Juwanna
didnt u learn from enter the matrix...they are such crappy games.

Plus...If they made a matrix 4 i wud shoot myself. reloaded was ok but revolutions sucked monkey

§noopbert
Path of neo has moments of pure brilliance, and moments of shit, namely the ending.

random task

SithHappens
Originally posted by SithHappens
Although I agree that there shouldn't be another movie, I have some points to make. Neo is dead (as far as we know) but that really doesn't mean anything in the whole story line. WHen the Oracle said that they'd see him again, she meant another One, not Neo. "How long do you think this peace will last?" a line implying that a war may start again, clearly keeping the door open for extension. If/when the war starts again, the humans will need another One, and one One will be born, rinse, and repeat! Anyway, trilogy for life! roll eyes (sarcastic)

§noopbert
Originally posted by random task
yeah... when they were talking about an all new ending, i was expecting all the loose ends to be tied. but alas.... mad Heh.

River Wild
I'll be happy if that is true, and a lot of Matrix fans will definitely feel the same way!

kanis
borg I just can't be bothered with it anymore, don't laugh but i'm stuck on the last rescuing captain mission roland and i can't make the last jump and its really annoying me.

agent 009
what part of the jump? are you trying to get on the crane?

kanis
borg Yeah and you can't use the elevator because it takes to long and i really want to fight smith in the burly brawl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.