Grievous model for any animators...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
Some EXCELLENT people have made a grievous model for anyone who does any 3D work.......heres a preview

http://www.dogbite.co.il/new/grievousbasket.mov

and the model can be downloaded here

http://scifi3d.com/details.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=13&key=604

ill sure as hell be making a couple of vids with him big grin

Prod
COOL!!!

too bad I cant do that kinda stuff....will love to see what u come up with mist...

Red Superfly
I could do a better one myself.

I think I'll do it sometime over the summer. May take a while.

Mist
theres about 2 or 3 people making models...this is probably the first one though.....the pic for the model doesnt look like the one from the vid...although, some tweaking might fix up ok....

Alliance
ive always wanted to play basketball with Grievous...lol

Red Superfly
Yeah I noticed.

I dunno if I could be botherred making Grievous actually, I'd be more interested in attempting Darth Vader and making my own story about Vader taking on the last of the Jedi. I could come up with Jedi. But that'd be a huge project.

I may do Vader vs Ben on the Death Star, only spice it up a little, add in a few one-handed attacks, ducks and Obi/Ani like movements. Have to see Episode III first tho lol. I still wouldn't have Vader doing flips. He'd still look stiff, but completely overpowerred. I could maybe have him grab Obi-Wan by the throat again and this time lift him up off his feet.

Grievous is cool at first, but then you kinda realise he's a bit, well, boring.

Mist
yeah, ill only use him for a fight.....i just downloaded 3DS MAX 7...so itll take me a bit of time to get used to it...i use Cinema4D for my stuff.......but....theres a first for everything.

Red Superfly
I use 3DS Max 7 too.

It's a very, very deep program.

Think of what Photoshop can do, and multiply it by about fifty.

MOTHERBOX
Some one needs to make a jedi academy model out of this asap.

Mist
oh...damn...what have i got myself intobig grin

but its the only program i can import footage into...and grievous is a .max file, so i cant import into c4dsad

Red Superfly
Originally posted by MOTHERBOX
Some one needs to make a jedi academy model out of this asap.

It depends on the poly count dude.

It could be too high poly to simply make into a JKA character. It also depends on how it is texturred, and how it is rigged with its skeletal structure.

The whole thing could need reworking, maybe even rebuilding for JKA.

I could try making a JKA Grievous, that'll be a lower poly job.

I could make one for the Unreal engine easily, I don't have much experience with the Quake engine, which is what JK runs off. It's kinda dead now, see.

I wish the next Jedi Knight game would come out already so I could do a next-gen Grievous instead, but seeing as it's tied to Quake 4 we'll have to wait.

MOTHERBOX
Well if you need a skinner I skin and would be happy to work on a GG JA skin with ya.

Mist
where is the particle effects thing in 3ds max 7? i cant find it.

(i imported a republic assault ship into 3ds max to see the difference...it looks HELL better in 3ds than c4d)

just got grievous...importing now to play with...

ubidoobascooby
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Yeah I noticed.

I dunno if I could be botherred making Grievous actually, I'd be more interested in attempting Darth Vader and making my own story about Vader taking on the last of the Jedi. I could come up with Jedi. But that'd be a huge project.

I may do Vader vs Ben on the Death Star, only spice it up a little, add in a few one-handed attacks, ducks and Obi/Ani like movements. Have to see Episode III first tho lol. I still wouldn't have Vader doing flips. He'd still look stiff, but completely overpowerred. I could maybe have him grab Obi-Wan by the throat again and this time lift him up off his feet.

I was a 3ds user till my animation course required me to use maya confused. It's just as effective though, maby not deeper but easier wink. I was planning on doing the same stuff. Redoing OT space battles with fx, and adding shots to make scenes more complex. I'm not starting character modeling and rigging work on the vids till next year. But story boards are almost DONE! mwahaha... little things like fixing up the sabers. Like in MOTHERBOX's sig..

adamrubin
any other character models

LandoSpeeder2
Look on the website he linked too, their's a bunch of models.

ArynCrinn
Can anyone find something to convert it to a maya (.ma) format? Maybe a plug in or something will work.

Mist
i converted to .3ds and imported into c4d, but it loses heaps of quality and the skins.......

havent tried a maya file, coz i dont have maya.

jedi_rez
I heve been working with 3d studio max for several years too...
Now i'm dw the model...
Hey...if you make any sort of animation post it so we can all see it..

The Ones
awww. ive got 3d studio max 6. whos got a download/update link?

Mist
i need to get used to using 3ds before i start doing anything...its a lot different than c4d......

i wanted to have me fight grievous, but i dont have a video camera...hopefully ill get one soon....

probably just muck about for a bit.....have him deflect lasers or something...

ArynCrinn
People...if you only knew the power of maya...
There are reasosn why ilm and lucasarts ask for people with skill in using maya and not 3ds....

Mist
is maya easier to use? i might try that.

Insomnia
I use cinema 4d, myself.

I'd love to see somebody do a nice light-saber animation with this model.
If only I could animate... I should have taken that class.

Mist
the model looks crapola in c4d. youll have to learn something else unless they make it into a c4d model.

hazkid
i have the educ version of maya 5, but i dont feel like doing anything now. mabe in a couple months.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.