Odin vs. Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Odin
(full powered)

vs.

Superman Prime

David Duchovony
This is tough but I'll have to go with Prime.

kgkg
is prime still immune to magic?

gautam
prime

King Burger
Superman Prime, especially if it's a fist fight.

ZephroCarnelian
We don't know if Primes immune to magic or not.

If he is, then it'd be a whitewash.

If he isn't, then it'd be a lot closer.

grey fox
hmmm god like beign versus a god

K3VIL
Yes, he's immune to magic, and he's too much for Odin, Sword of Heaven + GL Ring are far above Odin Force.

Gamma Crush!
Hmm. What does the Sword of Heaven do?

lifeisaglich
It helps him fold the fabric of time and space. Kind of like what the Heart of the Universe does for thanos.

Beyonder
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
It helps him fold the fabric of time and space. Kind of like what the Heart of the Universe does for thanos.

Give me a link on this please. The Sword of Heaven not the Sword of Superman.

Odin beats this b!tch up.

DigiMark007
With the sword obviously Supes wins...it would be less certain if it were just a base powers fist fight. I'd give a slight edge to Supes (Odin's a god, but he's not immortal, nor is he indestructable), but Odin has messed some powerful people up in his day. The big loser of the fight would be whatever solar system they're fighting in.

-DM

kgkg
can someone please give me issues name and numbers of all Superman prime comics.

Beyonder
Originally posted by DigiMark007
With the sword obviously Supes wins...it would be less certain if it were just a base powers fist fight. I'd give a slight edge to Supes (Odin's a god, but he's not immortal, nor is he indestructable), but Odin has messed some powerful people up in his day. The big loser of the fight would be whatever solar system they're fighting in.

-DM

That's nice, now give me a link of Prime and his Sword of Heaven. Otherwise, you're just lying outta your ass.

Gamma Crush!
Superman Prime is more powerful than a fully powered Skyfather?

Beyonder
Originally posted by Gamma Crush!
Superman Prime is more powerful than a fully powered Skyfather?

No. Misguided fans think he is. He ain't. Odin would stomp him.

kgkg
issue numbers , and name please

the sword of heaven ?

issue anybody?

Beyonder
Originally posted by kgkg
issue numbers , and name please

the sword of heaven ?

issue anybody?

Do a search on Superman Prime Vs. Dark Phoenix. There's a link to Prime and issues.

NOT A LINK TO THE SWORD OF HEAVEN. I still need that from people who're claiming such a thing.

Gamma Crush!
The only time I've ever seen a "Sword of Heaven" mentioned is on this message board. I've heard of the "Sword of Superman," but I don't know if he has it. I always thought Superman Prime was just an overly sunbathed Superman.

DigiMark007
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/1185/system.html

Here's a good site to tell the 1 million story.

It makes no mention of the sword, but it also doesn't mention the GL ring (which we actually know he has), so it could just be that the sword is rather obscure and hard to find a link to (I know, i tried)

Forgive me for speaking of something that I couldn't directly prove. Many of us (myself included) often refer to things which we have never directly read in a comic (there's only so much time in a day) but are accepted norms within comic book universes. For example, after browsing enough threads here on the board, one could confidently announce that Thing could hold his own with the Hulk though he might not win...without ever having read a FF or Hulk comic.

As I understood it, the Sword of Heaven (if that's what it is) was not a made-up item, but was something as tangible and provable as the Infinity Gauntlet or HOTU. I stand corrected, though not in the least bit ashamed. If the sword had the properties and powers attributed to it on more than just this thread (there have been many), then yes he would easily beat Odin. Without it, who knows. Power levels of that nature are hard to quantify accurately.

-DM

Kento
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/1185/jlegion.html

To a Superman Prime bio.

700th century AD when a haggard and haunted figure descended out of the skies above the planet Earth. Superman Prime, Kal-El of Krypton, the original Superman had returned to his adopted home. He had been places and dimensions that few had even knew of and even fewer understood. He had wrestled with gods and demons. He had overturned hell and fought his way past the gates of Heaven looking for the soul of beloved Lois who due to his immortality he could never join in the afterlife

The Superman Prime that appeared out of the sun in the year 85,271 is certainly the post powerful member of the Superman Dynasty ever seen and it is quite conceivable that he is now a New God despite his returned humanity. It should be also noted that Superman Prime is currently in possession of the last of the Green Lantern power rings

Says nothing about a Sword. Pre-Crisis had a sword

It came to pass that, in the course of a great battle for Truth and Justice, man and sword finally came together. For the first time the sword allowed itself to be grasped by the hand of a man. Holding it, Superman found himself expanding, spreading across the winds of the universe, the whole history of creation flooding his mind. His consciousness expanded, he was becoming an all-seeing, all knowing Protector. Then he let it go.

"You have done well, my son. You have earned your name. Your future is yours to make. Your greatness among living things is assured." This message was left in his head as the sword receded into the blackness of space once again. The sword remains out there. It waits until he who has earned it is ready to retrieve it and fulfill his ultimate destiny in Eternity (Superman Annual #10).

Gamma Crush!
Well, with the power of this alleged sword in question, What puts Superman Prime on the same level as Odin?

DigiMark007
The fact that he absorbed thousands of years of sun radiation, so that he is many times more powerful than the original Superman. Also his GL ring. Refer to Kento's link above for more info...apparently he has some imp blood in him, and has a few other new additions.

-DM

Gamma Crush!
That would mean that he is about 83 thousand times stronger than Superman.

A Green Lantern Ring is powered by the will and imagination of its wielder. I fully understand it's capabilities. I don't think a powered up Superman/Green Lantern is on par with Odin.

How do either of these assets put him at or above Odin's level?

Imp Blood? What does that do?

Kento
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The fact that he absorbed thousands of years of sun radiation, so that he is many times more powerful than the original Superman. Also his GL ring. Refer to Kento's link above for more info...apparently he has some imp blood in him, and has a few other new additions.

-DM He doesn't have imp blood. He didn't get the imp blood.

And before absorbing all the solar Energy, and getting the GL ring he's fought gods, and demons, and fought his way past angels through the gates of heaven to find Lois.

big grin That's got to count for something, and he was weaker at the time.

Gamma Crush!
Though it sounds pretty shifty, I'd credit his sucesses to Superman's "fighting spirit," if you know what I mean. He's no quitter.

I still don't see him beating Odin.

Kento
Well Odin is a god, Superman's fought gods in Ragnarok so it wouldn't be anything new, and then the whole fighting gods, and demons in the 700th century, then staying in the sun till the 853rd century, and then getting the GL ring which is as strong as the persons will, and if Supes doesn't have a strong will then who does?

Gamma Crush!
Hal Jordan?

Kento
I wonder how well Hal without the ring or anything just normal would fair against Poison Ivy trying to control him.

Gamma Crush!
I would think he'd do pretty well.

K Von Doom
Being called a "god", especially pantheonic gods doesn't really mean anything. I haven't read anything about Superman Prime, but if he's supposedly thousands of times more powerful than regular Superman then I don't see how Odin can beat him.

Take Thanos and Thor for instance. Thanos is probably three or four times more powerful than Thor, as he was able to easily disable a maddened Thor possessing the power gem. Now when Thanos fought Odin it's clear that Thanos was able to give the skyfather a little trouble. Of course, Thanos had no chance of beating him but the fact that the Titan was able to withstand Odin's attacks says something about the power differential between the two of them. Don't say that Odin wasn't taking it seriously - he had his spear with him, he knew Thanos was a villain and Thor's life was in danger. Anyway, I don't think anyone will argue that the power difference between Thanos and Odin is large... say three, four or even five times more powerful than Thanos (lets give Odin the benefit of the doubt)...
So if 1 Thanos = 4 Thors; and 1 Odin = 5 Thanos; that means Odin = 20 Thors
Now, lets assume that roughly 1 Superman = 1 Thor
then it'll take at least 20 Supermen to equal Odin... maybe even 50!
Now, Superman Prime is at least a thousand times more powerful than regular Superman... I think it's pretty clear...

Looking at it another way, during the Surtur saga, no one will argue that Surtur = Odin, some would even say that Surtur is more powerful than Odin. But did you notice that Loki, all by himself, was able to pester Surtur. Loki!! The half giant whos on Thor's level of power!! The God of Mischief wouldn't have beaten Surtur but it shows how powerful Loki is in comparison to Surtur, and hence in comparison to Odin. Now imagine Loki's power multiplied by at least one thousand... Surtur would definitely go down. That's how Surtur will do against Superman Prime. Hence, that's how Odin will do against Superman Prime.

I'm now ready for someone to blow holes in my argument eek!

Kento
I would think he'd do pretty well. I don't know. I think he'd probably be taken over.

Gamma Crush!
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Being called a "god", especially pantheonic gods doesn't really mean anything. I haven't read anything about Superman Prime, but if he's supposedly thousands of times more powerful than regular Superman then I don't see how Odin can beat him.

Take Thanos and Thor for instance. Thanos is probably three or four times more powerful than Thor, as he was able to easily disable a maddened Thor possessing the power gem. Now when Thanos fought Odin it's clear that Thanos was able to give the skyfather a little trouble. Of course, Thanos had no chance of beating him but the fact that the Titan was able to withstand Odin's attacks says something about the power differential between the two of them. Don't say that Odin wasn't taking it seriously - he had his spear with him, he knew Thanos was a villain and Thor's life was in danger. Anyway, I don't think anyone will argue that the power difference between Thanos and Odin is large... say three, four or even five times more powerful than Thanos (lets give Odin the benefit of the doubt)...
So if 1 Thanos = 4 Thors; and 1 Odin = 5 Thanos; that means Odin = 20 Thors
Now, lets assume that roughly 1 Superman = 1 Thor
then it'll take at least 20 Supermen to equal Odin... maybe even 50!
Now, Superman Prime is at least a thousand times more powerful than regular Superman... I think it's pretty clear...

Looking at it another way, during the Surtur saga, no one will argue that Surtur = Odin, some would even say that Surtur is more powerful than Odin. But did you notice that Loki, all by himself, was able to pester Surtur. Loki!! The half giant whos on Thor's level of power!! The God of Mischief wouldn't have beaten Surtur but it shows how powerful Loki is in comparison to Surtur, and hence in comparison to Odin. Now imagine Loki's power multiplied by at least one thousand... Surtur would definitely go down. That's how Surtur will do against Superman Prime. Hence, that's how Odin will do against Superman Prime.

I'm now ready for someone to blow holes in my argument eek!

Commendations. Brilliant argument.

Gamma Crush!
...Just one discrepancy. Superman is limited to super-strength, superspeed flight, and superhuman durability.

Odin has all of the above abilities at his disposal. If he can create an indestructable suit of armor with unlimited strength, I doubt he'd have much of a problem endowing himself with any level of strength, durability, or any other superhuman ability. Odin's magic is quite potent. If I am not mistaked, magic is one of Superman's weaknesses. Odin would be a much better fighter than Superman as well.

Even if it's a close battle, I would say Odin has an advantage.

Kento
...Just one discrepancy. Superman is limited to super-strength, superspeed flight, and superhuman durability.

Odin has all of the above abilities at his disposal. If he can create an indestructable suit of armor with unlimited strength, I doubt he'd have much of a problem endowing himself with any level of strength, durability, or any other superhuman ability. Odin's magic is quite potent. If I am not mistaked, magic is one of Superman's weaknesses. Odin would be a much better fighter than Superman as well.

Even if it's a close battle, I would say Odin has an advantage.

He's also limited by his will. The GL ring he has remember. And he can take magic. Its not a weakness it's just something that can go through his bio-field, and hurt him but if its not strong enough it won't do much.

Gamma Crush!
Anything that goes through Superman's bio-aura with no resistance will hurt him.

The Odinforce is capable of much. I don't think Superman could withstand a fully powered Odinforce blast.

K Von Doom
From what I've read Superman Prime doesn't have that weakness to magic anymore and having lived for thousands of years, I think it's safe to assume that he has as much battle experience as Odin. And I didn't mention the GL ring. No doubt, Odin has superspeed, superstrength and flight... the question is how fast, how strong and how durable is he compared to Superman Prime? Also, there's a limit to Odin's magic. If he could endow himself with any level of strength, speed, durability and any other type of ability, Surtur wouldn't have given him any trouble.

K Von Doom
Anything that goes through Superman's bio-aura with no resistance will hurt him.

The Odinforce is capable of much. I don't think Superman could withstand a fully powered Odinforce blast.

Well... that's what's great about having superspeed. Because Superman's had dealings with DCs asgardians, he'd know that Odin is a magical being so he's not going to stand there and take an Odinforce blast straight in the chest. Fortunately, the blast doesn't follow it's target like Darkseid's Omega beams.

Gamma Crush!
I was under the impression that Superman bathed in the sun for a eighty three thousand years, not fought. Regardless, isn't Odin older than that?

There must be a limit to Odin's power, indeed. That doesn't (or shouldn't,) limit the degree of physical power he can endow himself with.

If I am not mistaken, Surtur is on par with Odin.

K Von Doom
Yes, he was in the sun for that long. My mistake. Although he did spend, what, about a century fighting in Asgard? Well... the thing about saying that Odin doesn't have a limit on the amount of physical power he can endow himself with is that, he would then, theoretically, be able to become as physically powerful as the Living Tribunal?

Kento
I was under the impression that Superman bathed in the sun for a eighty three thousand years, not fought. Regardless, isn't Odin older than that?

There must be a limit to Odin's power, indeed. That doesn't (or shouldn't,) limit the degree of physical power he can endow himself with.

If I am not mistaken, Surtur is on par with Odin.

He was only in the sun for 15,000 years. The rest of the time after Lois got old, and died he left Earth, fought gods, demons, and learned more about his self, and his powers, and was able to break through the gates of heaven, and get to heaven while still being alive.

Also he has 1000 years of fighting in Ragnarok as Present day Supes.

long pig
Odin would curbstop Prime, Odinsword vs Sup sword....please
Odin is the God of Gods, Prime is not totally unvulnerable to magic, just a lil more than he used to due to the imp blood.

But he isnt immune to Odin sucking his solar energy away.

Gamma Crush!
Yes, he was in the sun for that long. My mistake. Although he did spend, what, about a century fighting in Asgard? Well... the thing about saying that Odin doesn't have a limit on the amount of physical power he can endow himself with is that, he would then, theoretically, be able to become as physically powerful as the Living Tribunal?

The Living Tribunal...

Theoretically, there are a host of beings that could match the Living Tribunal's strength. Anyone with unlimited strength, (The Asgardian Destroyer, Hulk, Beyonder, one of the Infinity Power Gem wielders,) could "match" The Living Tribunal's strength. Matching his power is another matter entirely. It may seem silly, but it's logically sound.

Kento
Originally posted by long pig
Odin is the God of Gods, Prime is not totally unvulnerable to magic, just a lil more than he used to due to the imp blood.

But he isnt immune to Odin sucking his solar energy away. roll eyes (sarcastic) He doesn't have Imp blood, and he doesn't have a sword.

He's got GL ring, a strong will, and all his powers amped up by a whole lot.

Molecule man
Supes was in the sun for 15000-18000 years?

Even stars will burn out and it's power is not unlimited, so lets say that Supes have the power of a star. So what makes him so powerful?

Beyonder
Originally posted by Molecule man
Supes was in the sun for 15000-18000 years?

Even stars will burn out and it's power is not unlimited, so lets say that Supes have the power of a star. So what makes him so powerful?

He's an alien who gains more powerful with yellow sunlight.

Yup. That works both ways. Prime fighting "gods and demons" means what? Kalibak is a god - a crappy one at that. Ghost Rider is a demon. Gods and demons don't mean much. Skyfathers are on another level.

True. Take Tyrant for instance, he stomped Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Surfer, Terrax, and Jack Of Heart all at once - but it took him serveral tries to put each down. Tyrant too struggled with Thanos, but not as much as Odin did.

However, Odin backhanded Surfer like a whore and Surfer's out of the fight. It didn't take a few tries; a swipe and Surfer's out. Odin did struggle with Thanos and couldn't put him down. Now before you say anything, Annihilus has given Thor trouble, but when he mouthed off at Odin and tried to attack, Odin blasted him outta Asgard in one blast. Odin's taken out several Enchanters, while the weakest one have given Thor trouble.

Now take into account that Beyonder, Tyrant, Walker, and Magus' Thanos clone has either lost or have had trouble putting Thanos down.

That's what you gotta love about Thanos he has the durability to keep going and going. WM Thor w/ Power Gem was slugging it out with Thanos, who rather enjoyed it.

But he has trouble with Solaris?

Surtur had the Twilight Sword did he not? Surtur also destroyed a galaxy to forge his sword to fight Odin right? From what I know, he's a bit below Odin; that Sword puts him above Odin.

That's nice but Loki has owned Beta Ray Bill, Drago, and Masterson Thor with his mystical attacks before. Odin has kicked Seth's but and killed him. Does Prime have any energy projections aside from heat vision? Cause all he's going to due is punch harder.

Furthermore, according to that and another bio, they list him as possibly being a New God. Guess what, Orion is a new god, so is Darkseid.

Prime = New God
Kalibak = New God
Prime = Kalibak

Theoritically Prime should be on Galactus level, but he's not. I mean all Solaris did was emit radiation to kill the Supermen. Prime needed the ring to kill Solaris?

K3VIL
Originally posted by long pig

But he isnt immune to Odin sucking his solar energy away.
Superman has the Sword Of Heaven, the sword stucked in the Sea Of Eternal Night is powerful as the Sword Of Heaven?Maybe.I've see what Morgana did during an Avengers issue, she get the world back to medieval time, and transformed the AVG in her personal soldiers, without much troubles.

Prime = New God
Kalibak = New God
Prime = Kalibak
Wrong, Prime can be called a New God, but Kalibak is bee compared to him, Prime has raw power and physical powers that exceed those of any non cosmic being in D.C. Universe.

Beyonder
Originally posted by K3VIL
Superman has the Sword Of Heaven, the sword stucked in the Sea Of Eternal Night is powerful as the Sword Of Heaven?

Maybe you can give me a link to this Sword?

laughing out loud That's nice, so does Surfer and Odin punked him good. All your going by is word of mouth of Prime fanboys.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Beyonder
True. Take Tyrant for instance, he stomped Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Surfer, Terrax, and Jack Of Heart all at once - but it took him serveral tries to put each down. Tyrant too struggled with Thanos, but not as much as Odin did.

However, Odin backhanded Surfer like a whore and Surfer's out of the fight. It didn't take a few tries; a swipe and Surfer's out. Odin did struggle with Thanos and couldn't put him down. Now before you say anything, Annihilus has given Thor trouble, but when he mouthed off at Odin and tried to attack, Odin blasted him outta Asgard in one blast. Odin's taken out several Enchanters, while the weakest one have given Thor trouble.

Now take into account that Beyonder, Tyrant, Walker, and Magus' Thanos clone has either lost or have had trouble putting Thanos down.

That's what you gotta love about Thanos he has the durability to keep going and going. WM Thor w/ Power Gem was slugging it out with Thanos, who rather enjoyed it.

Surtur had the Twilight Sword did he not? Surtur also destroyed a galaxy to forge his sword to fight Odin right? From what I know, he's a bit below Odin; that Sword puts him above Odin.

From what I remember, Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator both tried to rush Tyrant but both were quickly KO'd by an energy blast, so it didn't take several tries to put them down. Terrax wasn't fighting Tyrant, he was too busy with Morg. With the Surfer, are you saying that if Tyrant (who's near Galactus level) wanted to kill Surfer, it'll take him several hits in order to do so?

With regards to Annihilus... Juggernaut and Hulk have constantly given Thor trouble, does that mean they're more powerful than Thor?

I'll have to read up on the Twilight Sword to see how it was forged but whether Surtur destroyed a galaxy or not, hasn't Odin boasted about having the same level of power before? He and Odin would have to at least be equals, or else Odin wouldn't have run away on their first meeting.

Superherovandal
they'll both lose to someone like flash prime or spectre. ( i know this is totally random.

David Duchovony
Originally posted by Superherovandal
they'll both lose to someone like flash prime or spectre. ( i know this is totally random.

Don't forget jplatinum. roll eyes (sarcastic) He beat Galactus and The LT. I have written proof that he did these things.

hoorayforpeepee
superman prime has, to my knowledge, only displayed the ability to be even faster/stronger/more durable. plus the GL ring.

you can't beat odin with nothing but hyper-increased superman powers. the guy's magic puts him on another level. you need crap like power cosmic or ridiculously strong magic to take out odin.

Superherovandal
flash prime rocks.

K3VIL
Info on the Sword Of Superman

Link 1

Link 2

ZephroCarnelian
If the Sword of Prime IS the Sword of Superman...

Then I fully believe that Prime is totally invincible without question.

The problem is... it can't be proved that they're the same sword.

There's not enough known about Supes Prime to pitch him against people in fights.

Beyonder
Originally posted by K3VIL
Info on the Sword Of Superman

Link 1

Link 2

That's nice, now give me a link to the Sword of Heaven, not the Sword of Superman. I don't know why you showed me something I already know. Pre-Crisis Superman had the Sword of Superman - 'kay, what's new?

Now find me references that point to Superman Prime having the Sword of Heaven. Or find me references that Prime has the Sword of Superman.

Beyonder
From what I remember, Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator both tried to rush Tyrant but both were quickly KO'd by an energy blast, so it didn't take several tries to put them down. Terrax wasn't fighting Tyrant, he was too busy with Morg. With the Surfer, are you saying that if Tyrant (who's near Galactus level) wanted to kill Surfer, it'll take him several hits in order to do so?

It took him a while to take any of them out. Terrax took a cheap shoot at Tyrant and Tyrant took him out. Tyrant isn't near Galactus' level; he's certainly above Thanos.

Annihilus invaded Asgard as Thor tried to protect it; Odin owned the hell out of him. During Across All Worlds while Thor fought Gladiator, Odin woke from his sleep and the invading army of trolls lead by Ulik were stopped by him. He then used his magic send Gladiator back to the future as Kallark pleaded for Odin to kill Thor.

Surtur is a bit below Odin, but that Sword made him stronger. I mean, if they're equals (while Surtur had the Sword), Odin wouldn't need his sons by his side.

K Von Doom
It took him a while to take any of them out. Terrax took a cheap shoot at Tyrant and Tyrant took him out. Tyrant isn't near Galactus' level; he's certainly above Thanos.

Annihilus invaded Asgard as Thor tried to protect it; Odin owned the hell out of him. During Across All Worlds while Thor fought Gladiator, Odin woke from his sleep and the invading army of trolls lead by Ulik were stopped by him. He then used his magic send Gladiator back to the future as Kallark pleaded for Odin to kill Thor.

Surtur is a bit below Odin, but that Sword made him stronger. I mean, if they're equals (while Surtur had the Sword), Odin wouldn't need his sons by his side.

At the end of that fight, Tyrant looked to goad Galactus into a fight by keeping Morg and letting the rest go. Galactus didn't fight. Surely, someone who isn't near Galactus-level wouldn't have posed a threat to the World Destroyer. And, you're saying that Odin can take out Surfer with one shot but it'll take Tyrant more than one shot to do the same? Even though Thanos looked a lot worse after his fight against Tyrant (and Thanos needed a weapon to even things out) rather than his fight against Odin.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with Annihilus and Gladiator. I've already said that Thor has had trouble with Hulk and Juggernaut before, but I wouldn't consider them as being more powerful than Thor. And both those guys would be quickly KO'd by Odin, at the same time.

Surtur is a bit below Odin? Then why did Odin run away on their first meeting when both his brothers were there to help? The only thing that the Twilight Sword did was prevent Odin from becoming a giant. When Thor finally separated Surtur from that sword, Odin immediately grew to Surtur's size and they wrestled.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
There's not enough known about Supes Prime to pitch him against people in fights.

Exactly.

the Darkone
At the end of that fight, Tyrant looked to goad Galactus into a fight by keeping Morg and letting the rest go. Galactus didn't fight. Surely, someone who isn't near Galactus-level wouldn't have posed a threat to the World Destroyer. And, you're saying that Odin can take out Surfer with one shot but it'll take Tyrant more than one shot to do the same? Even though Thanos looked a lot worse after his fight against Tyrant (and Thanos needed a weapon to even things out) rather than his fight against Odin.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with Annihilus and Gladiator. I've already said that Thor has had trouble with Hulk and Juggernaut before, but I wouldn't consider them as being more powerful than Thor. And both those guys would be quickly KO'd by Odin, at the same time.

Surtur is a bit below Odin? Then why did Odin run away on their first meeting when both his brothers were there to help? The only thing that the Twilight Sword did was prevent Odin from becoming a giant. When Thor finally separated Surtur from that sword, Odin immediately grew to Surtur's size and they wrestled.

Odin and his brothers where powerful each of them where on the same level as thor. But when his two brothers where fatally injured in battle with sutur they passed on their powers too odin in which created the Odinforce.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Superherovandal
flash prime rocks.

Damn right.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin and his brothers where powerful each of them where on the same level as thor. But when his two brothers where fatally injured in battle with sutur they passed on their powers too odin in which created the Odinforce.

Odin = only three times as powerful as Thor?

Beyonder

Let's break this down then:

- Galactus didn't fight Tyrant - so Galactus >= Tyrant?
- Tyrant took several shots to put each herald level guys down - it happened, not just an assumption
- Odin knocked Surfer out in one shot? - damn right he did, not an assumption either.

No one interfered and Thanos also walked away from that fight. Bill and Sif interfered in Odin and Thanos' fight. Thanos took a full blast from Tyrant that ripped the entire citidal. Odin flew with Thanos dragged behind, the impact of the landing weakened Thanos. If that fight had continued, Thanos would've lost as well.

Both things happened. So Galactus didn't engage Tyrant. It still clearly doesn't mean Tyrant and Galactus are on the same level. Tyrant was never at his original state. When Tyrant was in his original form, Galactus stomped him - not just an assumption.

Point is Odin punked Annihilus easily. Point is Odin sent Gladiator back to the future. Does Prime some control with time?

If Surtur could take Odin without the Sword, why forge it at all. That Sword gave him one over Odin obviously.

So what can Prime do? Punch harder? Odin has vast magic, killed the Death God Seth, can grow to gigantic proportions, can teleport or teleport people, some control with time, created talisman's (Mljornir, Cast of Winters Past, Amulet of Thousand Suns, etc.), owned Hela in her own realm, etc.

So Prime can punch hard and fly fast? What can he do to Odin?

Odin's Rogue's:

Surtur
Ymir
Hela
Dark Gods
Seth

Prime's:

Solaris. Needed the GL ring for that one.

K Von Doom
- Galactus didn't fight Tyrant - so Galactus >= Tyrant?
- Tyrant took several shots to put each herald level guys down - it happened, not just an assumption
- Odin knocked Surfer out in one shot? - damn right he did, not an assumption either.

No one interfered and Thanos also walked away from that fight. Bill and Sif interfered in Odin and Thanos' fight. Thanos took a full blast from Tyrant that ripped the entire citidal. Odin flew with Thanos dragged behind, the impact of the landing weakened Thanos. If that fight had continued, Thanos would've lost as well.

Both things happened. So Galactus didn't engage Tyrant. It still clearly doesn't mean Tyrant and Galactus are on the same level. Tyrant was never at his original state. When Tyrant was in his original form, Galactus stomped him - not just an assumption.

Point is Odin punked Annihilus easily. Point is Odin sent Gladiator back to the future. Does Prime some control with time?

If Surtur could take Odin without the Sword, why forge it at all. That Sword gave him one over Odin obviously.

So what can Prime do? Punch harder? Odin has vast magic, killed the Death God Seth, can grow to gigantic proportions, can teleport or teleport people, some control with time, created talisman's (Mljornir, Cast of Winters Past, Amulet of Thousand Suns, etc.), owned Hela in her own realm, etc.

So Prime can punch hard and fly fast? What can he do to Odin?

You don't have to be on the same power level as someone in order to be a threat to them. If Galactus and Tyrant had fought, Tyrant would have lost for sure but the point is, Galactus knew and respected Tyrant's power enough not to engage him in a fight.

So, your ARE saying that Odin is more powerful than Tyrant because of how each handled the Surfer? Thanos was using just his personal power against Odin and he was still standing at the end of that engagement. However, in his fight against Tyrant, Thanos was using one of Tyrant's energy sphere's just to survive - Thanos was getting beat down before he got hold of that weapon.

Why forge the Twilight sword at all? That was for destroying the universe, not for battling Odin.

What can Prime do to Odin? He''d punch him really hard. laughing

If I remember correctly, Odin didn't use magic to beat Surtur, he had to physically wrestle him... and even then it was a draw.

Beyonder
You don't have to be on the same power level as someone in order to be a threat to them. If Galactus and Tyrant had fought, Tyrant would have lost for sure but the point is, Galactus knew and respected Tyrant's power enough not to engage him in a fight.

'kay, Galactus > Tyrant

He used that sphere as a blugent.

It only ended because Bill interfered. Thanos would've gotten stomped even more if they continued.

And even if Tyrant is above Odin, it still doesn't mean Prime would win. Thanos' strength and durabilities are two different things. He couldn't beat Tyrant or Odin, but his durability stood up to their attacks. He's either survived encounters with or beat guys like Tyrant, Beyonder/Kosmos, Odin, Walker, Fallen One, IG Magus' Thanos clone, etc.

Yet he had it when he invaded Asgard. And preventing Odin from growing large isn't giving Surtur an edge?

He's also fought Seth in giant size. And they didn't just punch each other. Odin crushed him, turned him into energy, and killed Seth. Hela aged Thor just by her touch, Odin came in, grabbed her wrist and surged energies that had Hela on her knees. He even told her not to mess with Thor. He also stomped a group of Enchanters.

hitemup
superman prime powers are godlike. he surpases the speed of light. he has the last glc ring. he slaughters odin.

10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.