"Unbalancing of the Force" Who's most responsible?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SithKiller
Who is most responsible for unbalancing the force?...What was it they did that was so "unbalancing"...?

Fishy
The Jedi for killing the Sith..

If one power is more powerful then the other then its unbalanced...

SithKiller
Im pretty sure Lucas himself said that when Vader killed the Emperor that brought the balance back.....???? He turned back good well then died.....but thinking of it like balancing scales what you said would make sense.....????

Fishy
Well after the Jedi were gone there were two Jedi and Sith... Balance.

Then something happened and a Jedi died, unbalance in favour of the Sith. Then the last Jedi died Yoda. Sith win.

But Luke who i classify as neither light or dark (at that time at least) came around and made Vader and the Empire die.. 0 for all. Balance.

Thats how i see it at least, why the Jedi would want a chosen one during a time where they are with more then the Sith are and they are actually doing a pretty good job is beyond me. But Jedi have always been weird guys

Darth_Janus
The imbalance really seems to be Anakin. He goes bad and it has consequences far worse than there being like, a couple hundred Jedi and only two Sith, which had been the case for a thousand years. No, it's Anakin that is unnatural and the point of imbalance, not the Jedi or the Sith as a whole.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Fishy
The Jedi for killing the Sith..

If one power is more powerful then the other then its unbalanced...

Untrue. GL said it was the Sith- nothing to do with Light Side being more powerful than Dark.

Sorry, Fishy, totally wrong. The Dark Side creates the imbalance, the Jedi restore it. Whilst there are Jedi and no Sith, the Galaxy is balanced- the Sith unbalance it.

Darth_Janus
But there are always Sith, so the imbalance would have to have been constant. And since the Sith are really just another name for the active forces of darkness in the galaxy, this imbalance would always exist, thus the light side of the Force would be always clouded.

Ushgarak
Obviously the Sith have to make an effort to actually create the imbalance! That is what Sidious is doing.

Darth_Janus
So for a millenia the Sith just... sat on their hands, eh? Alright. Whatever.

Fishy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Untrue. GL said it was the Sith- nothing to do with Light Side being more powerful than Dark.

Sorry, Fishy, totally wrong. The Dark Side creates the imbalance, the Jedi restore it. Whilst there are Jedi and no Sith, the Galaxy is balanced- the Sith unbalance it.

Don't pay to much attention to that... Makes no sense

exanda kane
Again I will say it's Jar Jar.

Darth Revan33
So I guess in EU there have been many chosen ones. that's cool.

Darth_Janus
Interesting prospect.

ArthasKnight
I actually agree with Ush for once. I believe that the Sith create the imbalance and that the Sith need to be destroyed to correct the imba;ance. Why else would a Chosen One have been made to destroy the Sith?

Darth_Janus
Because of poor plot twists in TPM?

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by exanda kane
Again I will say it's Jar Jar.

That is also a possibility.

Darth_Nefarus
I said this elsewhere, I think Sidious' power of using midichlorians is responsible for the unbalancing of the force. think about it, that would screw up the natural order of things

Darth_Janus
True. But if science tweaking is enough to spawn a Chosen One, what abotu mass cloning?

ArthasKnight
But there are no midichlorians involved in mass cloning. They cloned a bounty hunter, not a Jedi. That wouldn't mess with the midichlorians so it wouldn't mess with the Force.

Darth_Nefarus
Exactly. Sidious/Plagueis' power misuses midichlorians to extend ones own life and therefore would piss off the force quite a bit.

Darth_Janus
So only Force sensitives have any degree of midi-chlorians? I thought they were in all things.

Darth_Glentract
maybe since it seems easier to fall than to be reddemed, a jedi is equal, a sith unbalances, and somemother thing of pure good is a helper. This of course wouldn't be so simple but its a theory.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
So only Force sensitives have any degree of midi-chlorians? I thought they were in all things.

But clones aren't Force-sensitive, so they can't feel or use the Force in any way. Jedi can hear the midi-chlorians and use the Force, so they have a much closer connection with the midi-chlorians than the clones do. Maybe that's the thing.

Darth_Glentract
No, clones can use the force. Inone book Darth Maul was cloned and was still able to use the force. Also, the reason they didn't have clones grown in like ten minuetes and then slow down the growth rate was because the force would warp the minds of clones that were grown to fast. This is what results in clone madness. Joruus and Luuke both had clone madness. Thrawn did manage to get past clone madness by putting Yslamari around the clones. Yslamari disrupt the force in a given area, negating the clone madness.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Fishy
Don't pay to much attention to that... Makes no sense

It doesn't matter a damn what you can't make sense of! It makes perfect sense to me, and whether you do or not, this question has an official answer. Your opinion on what Balance is, according to GL, wrong, which makes it rather irrelevant.

And yes, the Sith hid for a thousand years. That is how long it took them, to be in position to strike again, it seems.

So yes- the Light Side Balances, the Dark Side Unbalances. For a Balanced Galaxy, the Dark Side must be stopped.

SithKiller
I knew Id get Nefarus rolling on this thread but now Ush says Bad Fishy!!! "hits him with Yoda stick...bad fishy!" seriously....anyone consider the force has been unbalanced many millenia way before Anakin Sideous Plagueis.....actually since the first of the dark jedi who discovered the sith species.....is what I think....any takers on that? "opening myself up now...lol"

Fishy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It doesn't matter a damn what you can't make sense of! It makes perfect sense to me, and whether you do or not, this question has an official answer. Your opinion on what Balance is, according to GL, wrong, which makes it rather irrelevant.

And yes, the Sith hid for a thousand years. That is how long it took them, to be in position to strike again, it seems.

So yes- the Light Side Balances, the Dark Side Unbalances. For a Balanced Galaxy, the Dark Side must be stopped.

Doesn't mean I agree though.

Edit: Actually now that i think about it, i do agree. The Sith do create the imbalance...

Darth Revan33

I thought so too, except non-force potentials had very very few of them. It's like Bastila says, everyone can feel the Force, though for most it's just a barely measurable whisper.

Darth_Janus
Well, you have a bucket filled with water. A big bucket. Screw it, a fish tank. (Right, Fishy?) This represents an average Jedi's midi-chlorian whatever, whether it be count, affinity, connection, etc...

You have a drop of water. This represents a normal person's midi-chlorian count, etc.

Take a million drops of water. It doesn't fill the fish tank, but it's enough to get your feet wet.

So I suppose looking at it that way, clones wouldn't cause much more than a slight ripple in the ocean of flowing Force. That is, if that's a valid representation.

Fishy
Well, you have a bucket filled with water. A big bucket. Screw it, a fish tank. (Right, Fishy?) This represents an average Jedi's midi-chlorian whatever, whether it be count, affinity, connection, etc...

You have a drop of water. This represents a normal person's midi-chlorian count, etc.

Take a million drops of water. It doesn't fill the fish tank, but it's enough to get your feet wet.

So I suppose looking at it that way, clones wouldn't cause much more than a slight ripple in the ocean of flowing Force. That is, if that's a valid representation.

Seeing as it uses water and a fish tank its good enough for me...

Darth_Janus
I knew I'd sell you easy on that analogy.

Fishy
I knew I'd sell you easy on that analogy.

big grin

Vanquish
This question is a matter of perspective really. I see the films as a straight up good vs evil epic, and the story of a man who falls to the dark side, and is later redeemed.

I never bought the idea that "balance to the force" actually meant an equal number of good and evil do-ers. I believe GL simply wanted to imply that the "imbalance of the force" was the existance of evil do-ers.

So, any and all Sith, or dark jedi, who mis-use the force are the imbalance, and the force is not balanced until all the evil ones are dead (ROTJ ending)

star22
I would say mostly the sith. However, the jedi are responsible to a certain extent. They are weaker in the prequals than they used to be, mirroring the coruption of the Republic in general.

I think that the Empire had to happen. In banding together to fight it, the earlier greatness of the Old Republic was brought back. The new jedi could start fresh, correcting the mistakes of the old.

maifoshis
jar jar binks definately screwed up big time i hope they kill him off in ep3

star22
What does Jar Jar have to do with the force? He isn't a user.

ArthasKnight
Oh he is a user, just not of the Force. shifty

SithKiller
How come GL didnt want breasts in space? I mean star trek had Kirk being the womanizer....Anakin just fell in love with one...Jar Jar well he doesnt qualify sorry Arthas...lol....Heck why didnt they at least have a busty nympho twilek babe er something? That would have brought much balance...lol....The closest we get is a freak show with Leia kissin her Brother...uggg.....Han he talked the chit but never did anything but make a play fer leia...we need some star wars hanky panky to bring balance...thats whats wrong with the force the jedi screwed up the hanky panky in the universe!!! After Rotj things get a little better but not enough....Lucas should have added breasts to the last movie at least...grrr...unbalance is his fault for no breasts in space! ....okay one more drink and thats it...lol...drunk offtopic just a bit...lol....

Darth_Janus
You know, for a thread titled like this I'd give anything for a picture of Yoda and Sidious on a seesaw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.