Who was the best Decepticon leader in Generation 1?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rickdraco
Ok, in the Generation 1 comic of Transformers, who was the best ever Decepticon leader?
Choices are,
Megatron,
Shockwave,
Ratbat
Scorponok
Galvatron
Thunderwing

griefzombie
That is a good question!!! Shockwave has to take it for me, he has the most style and in my opinion is the most tenacious of the leaders. evil face evil face eek!

ZephroCarnelian
Megatron all the way. By far the most characterful.

Lord S
Megatron was badass in his day, but I liked Galvatron better...he was much more psychotic.

It was hilarious how he was kicking Cyclonus around in his first appearance after the movie.

He slaps the shit out of him and then chuckles and goes, "aah, Cyclonus, how wonderful to see you again"

Totally cool!

Scoobless
Thunderwing kicks a$$ .... he was probably the most all out evil AND he got control of the Matrix...... he may not be the best planner..... but he'd be the one i'd be most worried about if i was an autobot

didn't he kick Prime's a$$ as well?

mdbull73
"but I liked Galvatron better...he was much more psychotic."

This is exactly why Megatron was better. He was not psychotic. He almost led the Decepticons to the victory in the movie until Optimus Prime (with the Matrix) smashed him with a desperate shot.

Galvatron would never come that close to beating the Autobots.

Shockwave was the perfect lieutenant, but he couldn't have stayed ahead of Starscream the way Megatron did.

Lord S
Originally posted by mdbull73
"but I liked Galvatron better...he was much more psychotic."

This is exactly why Megatron was better. He was not psychotic. From a personality standpoint, Galvatron ruled.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Lord S
From a personality standpoint, Galvatron ruled.

I agree 100%

Lord S
Thought you would...afterall, you're both tyrants. devil

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Scoobless
Thunderwing kicks a$$ .... he was probably the most all out evil AND he got control of the Matrix...... he may not be the best planner..... but he'd be the one i'd be most worried about if i was an autobot

didn't he kick Prime's a$$ as well?

Agreed. In the comics Thunderwing was one badass decepticon.
Scorponok was a good leader as well and not one sided.

Galvatron was a tuff bastid as usual.

Scoobless
I'd even say Thunderwing would kick Galvatron's ass (or anyone else on that list)

Ratbat was the worst choice for a leader ever...... who's gonna take orders from an audio cassette?

Avalonofthewind
You're right..I hated Ratbat as well. Thunderwing (especially with the Matrix power) would have been the best choice to beat Galvy in physical battle..and I would have loved to have seen it.

jasofisc
Shockwave is the man to the max he has that tiger thing that seemed indestrutble.

roughrider
The tension between Shockwave and Megatron was always cool. Megatron had more ego and charisma, Shockwave was cold and calculating. Shockwave was my favourite decepticon, but it was more flavourful having Megatron as the leader.
Galvatron was drunk on power, and insane. Didn't like him - closest thing to a Nazi in the Transformers.

Plushshe_says
Originally posted by rickdraco
Ok, in the Generation 1 comic of Transformers, who was the best ever Decepticon leader?
Choices are,
Megatron,
Shockwave,
Ratbat
Scorponok
Galvatron
Thunderwing
had to be shockwave for me you know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.