Darth Malak vs Kreia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Darkstar
Could Darth Malak defeat Kriea? This battle takes place in a empty room so Malak cannot drain the life from dead jedi (drain the life draom dead people, oh well, didn't know how else to say it)

Kriea was very powerful, but remember Malak was described as the most powerful jedi of his time, second only to Revan. He was also a general in the mandalorian wars and fought constantly. Besides Revan he was the only person that could control the star forge. He also trained under Revan and learned many sith teachings.

And sure, Kreia killed 3 jedi masters with a flick of her wrist, but Malak killed the two jedi on the star forge (just before you face him), with no problems at all.

Anyway, I don't need to list all the reasons for or against a person here, you guys do that. So who do you think?

Fishy
Tough one...

Kreia is wise powerful and manipulative. And would probably know a lot about Malak his techniques and Malak about hers. They have to have met a lot of times because of Revan. That is if Malak never received training from her.

Malak has superior strength on his side but his knowledge is probably lacking against Kreia still his force techniques aren't weak either. And Kreia couldn't pull that trick off against Malak I'm pretty sure about that. So eventually it would come down to a lightsaber fight. I think Malak has a pretty good chance here.

Gryn Jabar
Kreia would be able to win this. Remember her three floating lightsabers that gave exile ALOT of trouble? Now add in a powerful sith lord using all her force powers against a meathead who got his ass handed to him on his own ship.

Emperor Revan
Malak's good, but those two Jedi on the Star Forge means jack squat. They had to have already been there, which means they already lost, and they look just like those pansy ass knights that died against Sith apprentices

Kreia's got this relatively easy.

Fishy
You think so? Malak was more powerful then those three masters that Kreia killed. Could she use that technique successfully against him? I very much doubt it. Malak his control of the force isn't bad either you know so they would have to decide their fight with lightsabers. Seeing as they fight in an empty room they can't use the environment for their advantage. Eventually their lightsabers would clash and Malak is a great lightsaber fighter.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Fishy
Tough one...

Kreia is wise powerful and manipulative. And would probably know a lot about Malak his techniques and Malak about hers. They have to have met a lot of times because of Revan. That is if Malak never received training from her.

Malak has superior strength on his side but his knowledge is probably lacking against Kreia still his force techniques aren't weak either. And Kreia couldn't pull that trick off against Malak I'm pretty sure about that. So eventually it would come down to a lightsaber fight. I think Malak has a pretty good chance here.

I agree this match could go any way. One might get lucky or one might get unlucky.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Fishy
You think so? Malak was more powerful then those three masters that Kreia killed. Could she use that technique successfully against him? I very much doubt it. Malak his control of the force isn't bad either you know so they would have to decide their fight with lightsabers. Seeing as they fight in an empty room they can't use the environment for their advantage. Eventually their lightsabers would clash and Malak is a great lightsaber fighter.

Oh Kreia could probably use it on Malak. She did it to the Exile. Even if she couldn't, she can make three lightsabers fight at once like someone else said, they gave the Exile trouble.

Fishy
Yeah but the Exile isn't the lightsaber fighter Malak is. IMO the Exile couldn't even beat Malak.

Malak would have no problem fighting three lightsabers at once, he probably did so before. Only with three different people.

Gryn Jabar
The only difference being that those three LS's he fought were weilded by shitty ass jedi knights, and this is Darth Traya, arguably the most powerful of the three Sith Lords that managed to destroy the Jedi. As well, she taught Revan, who used her teachings to full effect, in addition, she taught MANY other powerful Jedi such as Exile, who, although many people would disagree with you, could likely beat Malak.

Emperor Revan
Yes, I think the Exile could beat Malak. He was a coward and never fought the Jedi if he didn't have to. He probably could've killed those 3 Jedi masters at once, but I bet it would've been freakin hard for him.

Fishy
He beat Kavar easily, just for the record. He wasn't a coward he was a front line general for almost all the wars. The only time he was a coward was when he destroyed Revan his ship, and I really can't blame him there. He would have died if he didn't do that.

Still to go back on topic.

I really don't know who is going to win this but keep in mind that when Kreia used her force powers the Jedi masters and the Exile were not prepared. Malak would be prepared and would be able to block it, at least far more likely able to block it. The lightsaber fighters he faced weren't worthless. Kavar and a team of Jedi ran away from Malak Nar Shaddaa Master says so himself, and don't go claiming Kavar is weak he isn't.

Now Kreia would win in a contest of force only, but in this fight she can't throw shit at him and her force attacks can be blocked and don't forget that Malak was pretty tough himself both in force powers and in fighting style. He could have beaten all those people on the Jedi Council even Vrook who is the most powerful member on the Jedi council at that time.

So force attacks could be blocked three lightsabers wouldn't be all that hard, then it would come down to a lightsaber fight and Malak is more powerful with that. However Kreia could throw in some extra shit making it harder for Malak. I'm not so sure on who would win this fight, I'm thinking Kreia but i'm not sure.

Lord Darkstar
well, remember that on Korriban in KotOR II you face Revan, and he has two lightsabers, so Malak would have had practise sessions with Revan, and Revan's two blades would be the equal to Kreia's 3. Also, Malak could just push the lightsabers away or force lightning them, if she uses them, then all he has to do is get close since it takes all her concentration to control all three at once. Malak could evade them long enough to get close to Traya and kill her. Also, while using all three lightsabers, she cannot use force powers. If she didn't use all the lightsabers, Malak can deflect her force powers, and would decimate her in lightsaber combat, I think Malak can take this.

Darth_Frobo
Hmm...they both have great knowledge of the force, however I think kreia a bit more so as she can do crazy things that malak couldn't dream of, and she just seems like more of a learning type, as for saber combat, give kreia both arms and it's equal as she seemed to know a lot about lightsaber combat, give her one arm and she loses a very long and hardfought battle. I personally see kreia as a sort of darkside yoda despite the fact he may be a bit better with a saber.

carthage
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Kreia would be able to win this. Remember her three floating lightsabers that gave exile ALOT of trouble? Now add in a powerful sith lord using all her force powers against a meathead who got his ass handed to him on his own ship.

Ahem? Malak is not a 'meathead', he is canonically one of the most powerful Sith lords in Galactic history? What has Kreia done besides kill fodder Jedi with force drain?

Malak wtfstomps

Emperordmb
Malak.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage
Ahem? Malak is not a 'meathead', he is canonically one of the most powerful Sith lords in Galactic history? What has Kreia done besides kill fodder Jedi with force drain?

Malak wtfstomps

lol

That being said, Malak is less trash tier than Kreia, so he wins.

FreshestSlice
thumb up

Revanchiste
Kreia is not a fighter but she is smart, while malak being more intelligent than a normal human he is a brute club, a tragic heroe that have fallen beyond repair, with his core rotten by hate regrets sorrow and hudhe inferiority complex. He is not stable, and remember mental state do matter for a force user !

Nephthys
Bump.

Interested in how people are feeling about this match up these days.

ILS
I'm betting they think Kreia gets oneshotted

Nephthys
I'm perusing Nova's respect thread for her. She's insanely powerful. If Malak has any kind of parity with her it'd be amazing for him.

Geistalt
10/10 would bump again

Freedon Nadd
Jedi Exile>Darth Traya>Darth Malak

Haschwalth
Malak takes this, kreia doesn't receive as nice scaling as him, nor context within the KOTOR series.

Freedon Nadd
You mean, accolades.

carthage

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm perusing Nova's respect thread for her. She's insanely powerful. If Malak has any kind of parity with her it'd be amazing for him.

Honestly, feat-for-feat, the old hag beats the jawless man decisively. But I think it's fair to factor in holistic factors which put the two on a more even footing, or if anything gives Malak an edge. Then there's the SF Malak >>> Kun/Nadd quote, which, if taken at face value, puts him in another league entirely.

AncientPower
But it's factually contradictory to everything in actual source material.

But yeah, Malachor V > Star Forge, Traya > Malak.

MoT-MoT
Originally posted by AncientPower
But it's factually contradictory to everything in actual source material.

But yeah, Malachor V > Star Forge, Traya > Malak.
What is your argument for why the Malak > Kun quote is invalid?

TenebrousWay
Malak has generally better accolades, is recognized as all time material among several mediums and his combative prowess is praised multiple times. Traya, while in possession of some very good feats, suffers from the isolation of her character from other mediums, which complicates any attempt to produce a roughly accurate comparison.

Selenial

AncientPower
I think it's pretty much concrete that Malachor V > Star Forge as a nexus. If we take into account Star Forge > Star Maps, then Trayus Core amped Traya herself may well be > Karness Muur.

Haschwalth
What are the reasons for Kreia hiding in the shadows when Malak ruled.
Not to mention, Kriea held Mandalorian Revan as the most powerful thing she had seen, and Malak Matched/surpassed that.

AncientPower
Kreia went to Malachor V after the Jedi attacked to retrace his steps, a place only Revan and his assassins ever knew about.

Kreia put Revan's raw power/potential up there but also says the Exile is her greatest student, for surpassing her.

Haschwalth
Kreia went to Malachor V after the Jedi attacked to retrace his steps, a place only Revan and his assassins ever knew about.

Kreia put Revan's raw power/potential up there but also says the Exile is her greatest student, for surpassing her.

Obviously she is not referring to the exile, in terms of power. When she says Greatest. Chris's words and Revan's novel clearly suggest that it is not.

AncientPower
She specifically says that by beating her, she was her greatest student. Noting that only Revan prior to leaving the Jedi order was her student, he was no such thing after that. Prime Exile being > Mando Revan is hardly difficult to understand. The Exile's power, intellect and potential was the very reason Revan gave her over half of his forces and considered her as his greatest ally over Malak. Revan goes on to state that prime Meetra had far surpassed this potential.

She's a powerhouse, but it takes actually analysing her instead of taking her at face value to come to such a conclusion.

Haschwalth
She specifically says that by beating her, she was her greatest student. Noting that only Revan prior to leaving the Jedi order was her student, he was no such thing after that. Prime Exile being > Mando Revan is hardly difficult to understand. The Exile's power, intellect and potential was the very reason Revan gave her over half of his forces and considered her as his greatest ally over Malak. Revan goes on to state that prime Meetra had far surpassed this potential.

She's a powerhouse, but it takes actually analysing her instead of taking her at face value to come to such a conclusion.

Mhmm that's why she comments on his Revans mandolorians powers/command of the force is nothing she felt before, nah she is admitting clear inferiority to him.

Haschwalth
Meetra might of been a powerhouse, but she was merely a Nomi Sunrider, compared to an Exar kun.

AncientPower
That's clearly wrong, but I won't hold you against your opinion.

Freedon Nadd
Star Forge isn't a nexus, ffs. That machine feeds on dark side energies to work.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Star Forge isn't a nexus, ffs. That machine feeds on dark side energies to work.

"The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."

―Star Wars Databanks: The Star Forge

Haschwalth
Clearly a darkside Nexus.

SunRazer
Yep. Malak also boasts that Revan can't defeat him "here", which makes it clear beyond all doubt that being on the Star Forge has empowered him.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Haschwalth
"The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."

―Star Wars Databanks: The Star Forge

Yes, because the Star Forge needs dark side energies to work? There is no contradiction here. Both Overseer and Malak confirm my claim:

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by SunRazer
Yep. Malak also boasts that Revan can't defeat him "here", which makes it clear beyond all doubt that being on the Star Forge has empowered him.

Because the Star Forge gave him the ability to heal himself(through those captured Jedi's life essences)

And they were like, only 7 of them, when Revan fought him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.