Alan Scott vs Hal Jordan vs John Stewart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Once and for all, who is the most powerful of all of the Green Lanterns? I know for sure that these 3 are the top 3, but i dont know who is #1. I have heard people say many things in comics syuch as Hawkgirl from the JSA said Alan is the most powerful GL to ever live, but i collect JSa and i havent see him do anything that spectacular. I have also seen Hal himself say that John is his equal, and Guy also has said that John is considered to be superior to Hal, but yet, Hal is still called "the one true Green Lantern". So once and for all, if these 3 fought in a free-for-all, who would win?

Sentinel Alan Scott

VS

Green Lantern John Stewart

VS

Green Lantern Hal Jordan

So who wins?

jrodslam
Well considering John has a hard tinme with Guy, its always going to come down to Alan and Hal.

Alan is the man, and i dont quite know his feats, but youre right Alan has been said on many occasions to be the most powerful lantern ever. Although hes not officially a GL. Just by name.

But there has also bee many times where Hal has been said the be the greatest GL ever. Hal also has the feats that outweigh Alan's.

But overal, Alan has the experience and slight power over Hal. Though he does have the wood weakness still i believe and Hal has none.

Without exploiting weakneses, id say Alan in a tough one.

SnakeEyes
I'm gonna say Hal, only because I am more aware of the amazing feats he has accomplished... (also after a tough battle)

Zod4Life
I think that John Stewart would win this fight and he is the most powerful Green Lantern to me.

EvilCap America
Being on the cartoon put the forgotten substitue GL John Stewert on the map again nothing more hes no Hal Korden heck hes hardly a Guy Gardner

The real fight is Alan and Hal with the results really up in the air.Alans powers are slightly different in nature compared to the regular GL rings the Starheart is probably stronger than an individual GL ring .Mr.Terrific also theorized that Alans death after being stabbed by wood while fighting the ISA would result in an explosion capable of destroying the Solar system

Hal of course is no pushover himself and if Kyle can hold an a Super-nova Hal can do better

I dont really see an easy winner here.No batlefield can contain 2 GLs of this power going all out so wood may not be that helpful against Alan.Meanwhile Hal will eventually run out of power something Alan doesnt everr have to worry about

In the end i say neither of them lose a battle of willpower but Hals Ring just doesnt make it

jrodslam
Also on another note. In Kingdom Come, the Green Lantern that is in the bok it Alan. I always thought it was Hal, till I read it over and over and payed attention to him.

That kinda indicates who DC considers to be the greatesat GL in my book.

Eventohugh Hal is my favorite.

kgkg
Hal Jordan is not stonger that Alan???

Darth Macabre
Kyle Rayner!

But out of the three id go with Hal.

kgkg
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Kyle Rayner!

But out of the three id go with Hal.
Kyle Rayner is stonger than Hal?

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
Hal Jordan is not stonger that Alan???

Alan's powered by the Starheart which is magical and roughly more powerful thatn the basic GL energy.

However depending on how much willpower the GL user has, will determine how strong he is.

Example - Hal, Guy, John Kyle, etc all have the same power. Guy and Hal are the strongest though. Why? More confidence, willpower.

DigiMark007
Alan no longer has his wood weakness.

And I think the reason that he was the GL in Kingdom Come is because he doesn't age like most GL's.

I'd vote Alan, but I'm biased. Never been a huge Hal fan. Great fight though.

-DM

DarkCrawler
Alan! eek!

60+ years of experience using the GL powers. He is the best. big grin

DrDoom
Alan.

It's been said that he can do ANYTHING as long as he concentrates on it.

In the JLA/JSA crossover, Sentinel used his willpower to reach into Typhon, lord of Chaos' mind and get a specific memory out of him. He sifted thru trillions of electrochemical impulses and located the one that he needed.

Later, he redirected the path of a black hole, using it to return 1/4 of the JLA/JSA to earth.

Atom says the only limitation he has on his power is his imagination...

jrodslam
Digi, when did Alan lose the wood weakness?
I dont think he was in Kingdom Come only because of the slow aging. After all, Bruce and Green Arrow was still there. Why not Hal? I think he killed?

DrDoom All GL's can do anything as long as they concentrate enough on it. His limitation as well as the other GL's is their imagination and willpower.

But I think we all agree that it comes down to Alan and Hal with Alan winning in a very close fight. No arguements about that here. big grin

DigiMark007
Alan's wood weakness was officially explained away recently (Rebirth, right?...I get confused easily) but he hasn't displayed the weakness for a long time now.

And the relative merits of the Starheart over any GL ring are probably not much. It really comes down to imagination and willpower...Hal once used multiple rings, but the comic even stated that it gave him no real advantage, just a psychological boost. So even though Alan's power is slightly different, I think they're all on a level playing field in terms of potential power.

-DM

P.S. I agree about KC...but Alan just probably fit Moore's style better...the history, the wisdom, the mystique, etc. A spastic like Kyle or an unknown like John (sorta) wouldn't have fit as well. Hal would have been the only other logical choice. A nice nod to the original GL, but I don't think it says anything about their power levels.

jrodslam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Alan's wood weakness was officially explained away recently (Rebirth, right?...I get confused easily) but he hasn't displayed the weakness for a long time now.

I believe Rebirth only explained the GL yellow weakness. And thats no longer present. They didnt mention the wood weakness, but ill double check just to make sure..

And the relative merits of the Starheart over any GL ring are probably not much. It really comes down to imagination and willpower...Hal once used multiple rings, but the comic even stated that it gave him no real advantage, just a psychological boost. So even though Alan's power is slightly different, I think they're all on a level playing field in terms of potential power.

I agree.

-DM

P.S. I agree about KC...but Alan just probably fit Moore's style better...the history, the wisdom, the mystique, etc. A spastic like Kyle or an unknown like John (sorta) wouldn't have fit as well. Hal would have been the only other logical choice. A nice nod to the original GL, but I don't think it says anything about their power levels.

True indeed. They also showed respects to the official Lanterns with the resurrection of the "New OA".

DrDoom
Originally posted by jrodslam
Digi, when did Alan lose the wood weakness?

DrDoom All GL's can do anything as long as they concentrate enough on it. His limitation as well as the other GL's is their imagination and willpower.

But I think we all agree that it comes down to Alan and Hal with Alan winning in a very close fight. No arguements about that here. big grin

Yeah, when DID he lose the weakness?

I don't remember any GL using their ring to probe a person's mind. If it happened lemme know. Alan basically WISHED his team from the limbo dimension, Superman WW, and both Flashes turned Surtur into a black hole, and Alan used it to teleport them from another dimension to Earth, while simultaneously protecting everyone from the effects of the hole.

I don't think a regular GL can do that.

whirlysplat
Guy Gardener would not have had the majesty for Kingdom Come. I hear Gnort ages slowly thoughsmile

-Whirly smile

yahman
Can anyone give me any of these guys Feats?????? We don't get D.C. in jesrey. But i love the concepts behind the G.L's and i want to know more .

whirlysplat
Yahman look up Orbital comics in London ring them up they will mail you a monthly supply you need never go to a comic shop againbig grin

jrodslam
Originally posted by DrDoom
Yeah, when DID he lose the weakness?

I don't remember any GL using their ring to probe a person's mind. If it happened lemme know. Alan basically WISHED his team from the limbo dimension, Superman WW, and both Flashes turned Surtur into a black hole, and Alan used it to teleport them from another dimension to Earth, while simultaneously protecting everyone from the effects of the hole.

I don't think a regular GL can do that.

Its been said that Gl's have used mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Green Lanterns or the Guardians of the Universe. They are taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack.

Also Hal has mind controled the whole earth before.

Gl's are also able to survive black holes as well as seal them.

jrodslam
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Guy Gardener would not have had the majesty for Kingdom Come. I hear Gnort ages slowly thoughsmile

-Whirly smile

Yea, Guy's to badass for it. Although Hes my second favorite behind Hal, he wouldnt deserve to be part of the "Elites". It would have been nice if he was included in Kingdom Come however. As Warrior or something. Maybe hes somewhere in the shadows. Id have to take a closer look. Did you see Lobo's old ass? Lol. I love that book.

whirlysplat
Yup old Lobo was pretty funny big grin

DrDoom
Originally posted by jrodslam
Its been said that Gl's have used mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Green Lanterns or the Guardians of the Universe. They are taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack.

Also Hal has mind controled the whole earth before.

Gl's are also able to survive black holes as well as seal them.

The whole earth? Damn.

yahman
'Yahman look up Orbital comics in London ring them up they will mail you a monthly supply you need never go to a comic shop again'

smokin' Cheers chief !!!!!!!1

jrodslam
Yup. Thats what i said.

DrDoom
Was it under special circumstances? or can he do it anytime he wants?

whirlysplat
Anytime he wants DD

DrDoom
Jeez...I want a magic ring too!!!

DigiMark007
Heh...I guess it was only the yellow weakness that they talked about in Rebirth. I just got the facts mixed up in my mind. In any case, I still haven't seen the wood weakness displayed for ages, and I try to read quite a bit of JSA/GL/Sentinel stuff. So who knows...but everything else I've said holds true...sorry for the slip-up with the wood. I guess you could call it a 'boner'

... happy I crack myself up.

-DM

armandovalles
First of all, Alan's weakness is gone, he explained it in a GL issue about a year or two ago.
Secondly, all the GL members of the corps (since their are supposedly thousands) still have their weakness to yellow, its just the 5 major GL's that dont: Hal, Guy, John, Kilowog, and Kyle.
Thirdly, i saw earlier someone said Guy and Hal are the best GL's, well, your way off. The two most powerful (not including Alan or Jade since they have magical powers, not scientific) are John and Hal, both Guy and Kyle have admitted that.

jrodslam
Originally posted by armandovalles
First of all, Alan's weakness is gone, he explained it in a GL issue about a year or two ago.
Secondly, all the GL members of the corps (since their are supposedly thousands) still have their weakness to yellow, its just the 5 major GL's that dont: Hal, Guy, John, Kilowog, and Kyle.
Thirdly, i saw earlier someone said Guy and Hal are the best GL's, well, your way off. The two most powerful (not including Alan or Jade since they have magical powers, not scientific) are John and Hal, both Guy and Kyle have admitted that.

If you say Alan no longer has the wood weakness, ill take your word for it as of now.

Second, there were no GL's left. Guy was Warrior, and John was hospitalized i believe. Kyle was the last GL. Now there are only 5. Kyle was the only one who could recruit others at the time. Thus if and when they do recruit others, they will tell them about the impurity and how to beat it.

I didnt see anyone say that Guy and Hal are the bes GL's. I did however say that Guy and Hal were the strongest in terms of confidence and willpower, which is true. Although John and Hal are both more focused and level-headed than Guy, which would make them all around better than him.

armandovalles
does anyone else have any opinions?

ZephroCarnelian
Yes.

Yes I do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.