KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Alan Scott vs Hal Jordan vs John Stewart

Alan Scott vs Hal Jordan vs John Stewart
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alan Scott vs Hal Jordan vs John Stewart

Once and for all, who is the most powerful of all of the Green Lanterns? I know for sure that these 3 are the top 3, but i dont know who is #1. I have heard people say many things in comics syuch as Hawkgirl from the JSA said Alan is the most powerful GL to ever live, but i collect JSa and i havent see him do anything that spectacular. I have also seen Hal himself say that John is his equal, and Guy also has said that John is considered to be superior to Hal, but yet, Hal is still called "the one true Green Lantern". So once and for all, if these 3 fought in a free-for-all, who would win?

Sentinel Alan Scott

VS

Green Lantern John Stewart

VS

Green Lantern Hal Jordan

So who wins?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:16 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Well considering John has a hard tinme with Guy, its always going to come down to Alan and Hal.

Alan is the man, and i dont quite know his feats, but youre right Alan has been said on many occasions to be the most powerful lantern ever. Although hes not officially a GL. Just by name.

But there has also bee many times where Hal has been said the be the greatest GL ever. Hal also has the feats that outweigh Alan's.

But overal, Alan has the experience and slight power over Hal. Though he does have the wood weakness still i believe and Hal has none.

Without exploiting weakneses, id say Alan in a tough one.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:44 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm gonna say Hal, only because I am more aware of the amazing feats he has accomplished... (also after a tough battle)

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:48 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that John Stewart would win this fight and he is the most powerful Green Lantern to me.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:49 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilCap America

Being on the cartoon put the forgotten substitue GL John Stewert on the map again nothing more hes no Hal Korden heck hes hardly a Guy Gardner

The real fight is Alan and Hal with the results really up in the air.Alans powers are slightly different in nature compared to the regular GL rings the Starheart is probably stronger than an individual GL ring [It WAS ring that absorbed an immense amount of magical energy].Mr.Terrific also theorized that Alans death after being stabbed by wood while fighting the ISA would result in an explosion capable of destroying the Solar system

Hal of course is no pushover himself and if Kyle can hold an a Super-nova Hal can do better[I still like Kyle more though]

I dont really see an easy winner here.No batlefield can contain 2 GLs of this power going all out so wood may not be that helpful against Alan.Meanwhile Hal will eventually run out of power something Alan doesnt everr have to worry about

In the end i say neither of them lose a battle of willpower but Hals Ring just doesnt make it

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:54 AM
EvilCap America is currently offline Click here to Send EvilCap America a Private Message Find more posts by EvilCap America Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Also on another note. In Kingdom Come, the Green Lantern that is in the bok it Alan. I always thought it was Hal, till I read it over and over and payed attention to him.

That kinda indicates who DC considers to be the greatesat GL in my book.

Eventohugh Hal is my favorite.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 12:58 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Hal Jordan is not stonger that Alan???

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 01:54 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Kyle Rayner!

But out of the three id go with Hal.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 02:46 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Kyle Rayner!

But out of the three id go with Hal.

Kyle Rayner is stonger than Hal?

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:06 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by kgkg
Hal Jordan is not stonger that Alan???

Alan's powered by the Starheart which is magical and roughly more powerful thatn the basic GL energy.

However depending on how much willpower the GL user has, will determine how strong he is.

Example - Hal, Guy, John Kyle, etc all have the same power. Guy and Hal are the strongest though. Why? More confidence, willpower.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:15 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Alan no longer has his wood weakness.

And I think the reason that he was the GL in Kingdom Come is because he doesn't age like most GL's.

I'd vote Alan, but I'm biased. Never been a huge Hal fan. Great fight though.

-DM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Alan! eek!

60+ years of experience using the GL powers. He is the best. big grin

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:34 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

Alan.

It's been said that he can do ANYTHING as long as he concentrates on it.

In the JLA/JSA crossover, Sentinel used his willpower to reach into Typhon, lord of Chaos' mind and get a specific memory out of him. He sifted thru trillions of electrochemical impulses and located the one that he needed.

Later, he redirected the path of a black hole, using it to return 1/4 of the JLA/JSA to earth.

Atom says the only limitation he has on his power is his imagination...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:51 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Digi, when did Alan lose the wood weakness?
I dont think he was in Kingdom Come only because of the slow aging. After all, Bruce and Green Arrow was still there. Why not Hal? I think he killed?

DrDoom All GL's can do anything as long as they concentrate enough on it. His limitation as well as the other GL's is their imagination and willpower.

But I think we all agree that it comes down to Alan and Hal with Alan winning in a very close fight. No arguements about that here. big grin

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Alan's wood weakness was officially explained away recently (Rebirth, right?...I get confused easily) but he hasn't displayed the weakness for a long time now.

And the relative merits of the Starheart over any GL ring are probably not much. It really comes down to imagination and willpower...Hal once used multiple rings, but the comic even stated that it gave him no real advantage, just a psychological boost. So even though Alan's power is slightly different, I think they're all on a level playing field in terms of potential power.

-DM

P.S. I agree about KC...but Alan just probably fit Moore's style better...the history, the wisdom, the mystique, etc. A spastic like Kyle or an unknown like John (sorta) wouldn't have fit as well. Hal would have been the only other logical choice. A nice nod to the original GL, but I don't think it says anything about their power levels.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Alan's wood weakness was officially explained away recently (Rebirth, right?...I get confused easily) but he hasn't displayed the weakness for a long time now.

I believe Rebirth only explained the GL yellow weakness. And thats no longer present. They didnt mention the wood weakness, but ill double check just to make sure..

And the relative merits of the Starheart over any GL ring are probably not much. It really comes down to imagination and willpower...Hal once used multiple rings, but the comic even stated that it gave him no real advantage, just a psychological boost. So even though Alan's power is slightly different, I think they're all on a level playing field in terms of potential power.

I agree.

-DM

P.S. I agree about KC...but Alan just probably fit Moore's style better...the history, the wisdom, the mystique, etc. A spastic like Kyle or an unknown like John (sorta) wouldn't have fit as well. Hal would have been the only other logical choice. A nice nod to the original GL, but I don't think it says anything about their power levels.

True indeed. They also showed respects to the official Lanterns with the resurrection of the "New OA".

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:22 PM
DrDoom

Originally posted by jrodslam
Digi, when did Alan lose the wood weakness?

DrDoom All GL's can do anything as long as they concentrate enough on it. His limitation as well as the other GL's is their imagination and willpower.

But I think we all agree that it comes down to Alan and Hal with Alan winning in a very close fight. No arguements about that here. big grin

Yeah, when DID he lose the weakness?

I don't remember any GL using their ring to probe a person's mind. If it happened lemme know. Alan basically WISHED his team from the limbo dimension, Superman WW, and both Flashes turned Surtur into a black hole, and Alan used it to teleport them from another dimension to Earth, while simultaneously protecting everyone from the effects of the hole.

I don't think a regular GL can do that.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:23 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guy Gardener would not have had the majesty for Kingdom Come. I hear Gnort ages slowly thoughsmile

-Whirly smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:24 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can anyone give me any of these guys Feats?????? We don't get D.C. in jesrey. But i love the concepts behind the G.L's and i want to know more .

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:45 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yahman look up Orbital comics in London ring them up they will mail you a monthly supply you need never go to a comic shop againbig grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 04:54 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote