X-girls Vs Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Storm and Polaris Vs God like Cable.

Cables powers have sent him mad. He's become a vigilante and sees himself as the messiah who must end all conflict and suffering in the world. He's interfered in many conflicts worldwide and slaughtered many dictators. The Xmen tried to stop him in an earlier battle and he took out half the team. With the rest of the team in Shi'ar space its up to these X women to end his rampage once and for all.

No gadgets/weapons just mutant powers

Deserted cityscape

xmarksthespot
God-like Cable is... God-like. Storm and Polaris lose.

stormfront13
would it be possible to do something to the electrical fields(storm) and magnetic fields(polaris) around the 2 women to make it almost or even impossible to affect them w/ telepathy? then all he would have is his tk, but i bet he could stilll stop them.

GalacticStorm
StormFronts thinking along the right lines. Its not as simple as that X

demigawd
Agreed. Uber Cable in a southern style hoedown stomp

Swanky-Tuna
Considering what he did in his short Jebus-form, wouldn't cable have the sheer power just to plow through it? Or at least prevent the girls' powers from affecting him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by demigawd
Agreed. Uber Cable in a southern style hoedown stomp

Not so Demi. Its not as easy as it first seems. I chose these two for a reason im just waiting to see what everyone else has to say.

stormfront13
i doubt he could just puch through it because these electrical fields and magnetic fields scramble any tp assualt, because they are so closely related.

stormfront13
I think you chose these 2 because they are so naturally resistant to telepathy and are naturally so powerful. any tk shield cable puts shouldn't protect him from storm or polaris seeing as storm has affected the insides of tk shields before, and polaris would just be able to manupulate the iron inside cables body while he is inside the shield.

demigawd
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Not so Demi. Its not as easy as it first seems. I chose these two for a reason im just waiting to see what everyone else has to say.

Uh huh. I reiterate, Cable in a southern style hoedown stomp.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, though being the resident Magneto guru, I already know what you're going to say...

GalacticStorm
Uh huh. I reiterate, Cable in a southern style hoedown stomp.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, though being the resident Magneto guru, I already know what you're going to say...

i believe that status is self proclaimed but yes you probably do know some of what im going to say. Especially after stormfronts hints stick out tongue

stormfront13
I don't know what your going to say

demigawd
i believe that status is self proclaimed but yes you probably do know some of what im going to say. Especially after stormfronts hints stick out tongue

Don't be fresh. wink Let's see what you got, and I'll take your measure. big grin

HOEDOWN STOMP!!!!

GalacticStorm
I personally think the X-girls would win.

srankmissingnin
Cable got into a melee confrontation with the Silver Surfer, he could just stroll over an beat the crap out of the two girls.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cable got into a melee confrontation with the Silver Surfer, he could just stroll over an beat the crap out of the two girls.

Got into a melee confrontation and got his ass tore up. He was lucky to survive that battle. Storms had SS on his ass from a lightning bolt yet i dont consider that a feat because i know shes know match for him whatsoever. He could not just stroll up to them and take them out. For a start their particular combination of powers limits his significantly.

demigawd
Uber Cable has control over psionics to a molecular level. That includes the ability to undermine the EM energy even electricity, similar to when Nate created a massive EMP, and shut down AOA Magneto's powers. You'd have to be a large scale EM energy wielder to override that, perhaps on a scale even greater than pre-Excalibur Magneto. I'm thinking Silver Surfer range or beyond. Storm and Polaris just don't have that kind of juice.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
i doubt he could just puch through it because these electrical fields and magnetic fields scramble any tp assualt, because they are so closely related.
He had the power to hold up the island without any effort. And the precision to recreate matter and help the world in general while fighting Surfer.

xmarksthespot
Could they actually combine their electric and magnetic waves into EM though? I thought it'd be more complicated than simply generating an electric field and a magnetic field in the same vicinity.

I'm not a physicist so...?

GalacticStorm
Uber Cable has control over psionics to a molecular level. That includes the ability to undermine the EM energy even electricity, similar to when Nate created a massive EMP, and shut down AOA Magneto's powers. You'd have to be a large scale EM energy wielder to override that, perhaps on a scale even greater than pre-Excalibur Magneto. I'm thinking Silver Surfer range or beyond. Storm and Polaris just don't have that kind of juice.

God like cable isnt as powerful as Nate. Its like comparing classic Magneto with Joseph. It was Nate who shut down AOA Mags powers who also happened to be 50% of classic mags power level and therefore nowhere near current Polaris powers. Has cable done anything like that or do you expect him to suddenly manifest such powers in this battle? Current Polaris and Storm could take out Cable

demigawd
Godlike Cable is a lot more powerful than Non-shaman Nate - they can do the same things. And I'd put AOA Magneto at around the same level as Polaris. The fact that Cable is able to restructure matter shows me that he can undermine the composite molecules that make up EM energy. Even Jean Grey was able to get to that point (without the Phoenix). Ditto with Rachel without the Phoenix. Any mid to high level TK can simulate EM energy at a molecular level, so I have complete confidence that Cable can do it.

Mainstream
no man or (woman) who stands against god like Cable stands for long..

demigawd
Even Apocalypse, Mainstream??? wink

GalacticStorm
Godlike Cable is a lot more powerful than Non-shaman Nate - they can do the same things. And I'd put AOA Magneto at around the same level as Polaris. The fact that Cable is able to restructure matter shows me that he can undermine the composite molecules that make up EM energy. Even Jean Grey was able to get to that point (without the Phoenix). Ditto with Rachel without the Phoenix. Any mid to high level TK can simulate EM energy at a molecular level, so I have complete confidence that Cable can do it.

What evidence have you to put AOA Mags at the same level as current Polaris. Thats far from the truth. Current Polaris after being taught by Mags himself and acting as his link to the electromagnetic spectrum ended up having around 75% of pre excalibur mags powers. She is clearly more powerful. I wouldnt say god like cable was a lot more powerful than non shaman like nate. Not at all. They were on a par with each other who had the edge was debatable. However Shaman Nate was clearly more powerful than uber cable. Cable has yet to show such skills. To assume that such skills are inherent to high level tks is foolish as is thinking that cable would be able to pull off such a previously unheard of(for him) feat just because nate did. Nate who is on a par with uber cable did that to AOA Mags who Polaris is considerably more powerful than.

DarkCrawler
Can't Cable just...you know, tear their hearts out?

Unless Storm has some kind of immunity to telekinesis with creating electrical fields or something else as stupid.

Mainstream
Even Apocalypse, Mainstream??? wink

perhaps.....we shall find out in due time.

Apocalypse: "I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

demigawd
What evidence have you to put AOA Mags at the same level as current Polaris. Thats far from the truth.

AOA Mags disabled Ship
AOA Mags overrided Poccy's molecular control and tore him in two
AOA Mags was still sensitive enough to psionic-em energies to sense Nate's Astral form
AOA Mags overloaded Nate Grey, forcing him to shut down Magneto entirely to stay in one piece
AOA Mags defeated Holocaust

To prove Polaris is more powerful than AOA Mags, you have to pit her feats against his. Good luck.

75%? And not 73%? How about 78%? Where did that number come from??? And what about getting trained by Magneto makes her "clearly" more powerful?

To avoid turning this into a Cable vs. Nate fest, I'll just say this: even accepting that this is true, those Nate Grey feats I mentioned were all as non-Shaman Nate anyway, so your point is moot if, as you just said, they are at least peers in power.

Clearly? Again, at risk of turning this into Cable vs. Nate, a lot of people on the actual shaman vs. godly cable thread say otherwise. But I'll leave this point alone, since you already agreed that Cable and non-Shaman are on par with each other, making my comparison valid.

Which may yet be true....but you'll have to prove it by countering my evidence to the contrary. Good luck tryin....

Mainstream
yes AoA Mags...not "mainstream" Mags

GalacticStorm
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""AOA Mags disabled Ship
AOA Mags was still sensitive enough to psionic-em energies to sense Nate's Astral form
AOA Mags overloaded Nate Grey, forcing him to shut down Magneto entirely to stay in one piece

To prove Polaris is more powerful than AOA Mags, you have to pit her feats against his. Good luck.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Yes Magneto did bring down Ship but that was when he was in his prime. Apocalypse talked about it did he not when he had him chained up at the end of the AOA saga. He talked of how he was a shadow of the mutant who did that to Ship. Since Magneto did that he lost half the potency of his powers. So the feats of his past are irrelevant im afraid because he is no longer capable of doing them. Using them is like arguing for the validity of pre crisis supes against current supes enemies.

Magneto as a character has limited telepathic skills. That has nothing to do with his magnetic prowess im afraid so this isnt a feat you can use to put him over Polaris. He just has an extra power. Simple as.

Where did this happen with Nate? Can you explain the circumstances so that i can address it properly. Id rather not speculate.

No. Youre incorrect there im afraid. Magneto defeated Nemesis a younger less experienced foe and that was many years in the past of the character we're debating. We're talking about AOA Mags when we first saw him in AOA. When he defeated Nemesis it was in retaliation for the death of his daughter at Nemesis' hands. That happened before Charles was born and before he he was involved with Rogue. Rogue at the time was a little girl so you know that the person responsible for that feat was a much younger and therefore more capable Magneto than the one we're now debating. As a mags fan youre aware AOA Mags didnt go through the rejuvenation process the 616 mags did so he's relatively old and decrepit. Unfortunately the majority of your feats are irrelevant. I'll happily wait until you can come up with some more. Maybe they'll revisit AOA in another 10 years.

Mags overrided apocalypses molecular control? Look at you trying to bolster your list by making it sound big. He tore his ass up and thats that. lol. Well nothing AOA mags did during the AOA saga prior to this suggests he was anywhere near current polaris' power level. All his feats were just talked of and we find out that they were far in the past when he was in his prme. (Well you do if you purchased the handbook anyway lol) I dont even recall this magneto erecting one shield. In the recent aoa revist he gets punked in the sewers by some street level morlocks. AOA mags was also not capable of deflecting the missiles that simple jean grey was handling before she got killed by havok. How do i know this? Well the fact that all he and his family could do was watch as the missiles went on to end their existence was a bit of a giveaway. Therefore i conclude that current polaris is significantly stronger than AOA mags who is in his seventies for gods sake lol.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
75%? And not 73%? How about 78%? Where did that number come from??? And what about getting trained by Magneto makes her "clearly" more powerful?
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Powerful enough to negate pre ex mags' attempts to cut off her powers and give him a good fight. That happened about 3 years ago. Since then Polaris has improved even more you just have to check out new xmen and xmen for evidence of this.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""To avoid turning this into a Cable vs. Nate fest, I'll just say this: even accepting that this is true, those Nate Grey feats I mentioned were all as non-Shaman Nate anyway, so your point is moot if, as you just said, they are at least peers in power.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Not so. For example overall Nate Grey was a more powerful mutant than Charles Xavier having tk as well as being a powerful tp. However Charles was a more powerful telepath as stated in the comics. Even these days with uber cable around charles is still called the most powerful tp. Yet Charles didnt know how to drag/manifest astral forms into normal reality until the feat was performed by Nate before his eyes. Power doesnt inherently bring with it skill Demi. Also Nate is without a doubt more powerful than uber cable. Nates powers are artificially enhanced to be beyond the level a normal summers / grey union of d.n.a would bring about. Cable could never naturally be more powerful than Nate.

Mainstream

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Yes Magneto did bring down Ship but that was when he was in his prime. Apocalypse talked about it did he not when he had him chained up at the end of the AOA saga. He talked of how he was a shadow of the mutant who did that to Ship. Since Magneto did that he lost half the potency of his powers. So the feats of his past are irrelevant im afraid because he is no longer capable of doing them. Using them is like arguing for the validity of pre crisis supes against current supes enemies.

Magneto as a character has limited telepathic skills. That has nothing to do with his magnetic prowess im afraid so this isnt a feat you can use to put him over Polaris. He just has an extra power. Simple as.

Where did this happen with Nate? Can you explain the circumstances so that i can address it properly. Id rather not speculate.

No. Youre incorrect there im afraid. Magneto defeated Nemesis a younger less experienced foe and that was many years in the past of the character we're debating. We're talking about AOA Mags when we first saw him in AOA. When he defeated Nemesis it was in retaliation for the death of his daughter at Nemesis' hands. That happened before Charles was born and before he he was involved with Rogue. Rogue at the time was a little girl so you know that the person responsible for that feat was a much younger and therefore more capable Magneto than the one we're now debating. As a mags fan youre aware AOA Mags didnt go through the rejuvenation process the 616 mags did so he's relatively old and decrepit. Unfortunately the majority of your feats are irrelevant. I'll happily wait until you can come up with some more. Maybe they'll revisit AOA in another 10 years.

Mags overrided apocalypses molecular control? Look at you trying to bolster your list by making it sound big. He tore his ass up and thats that. lol. Well nothing AOA mags did during the AOA saga prior to this suggests he was anywhere near current polaris' power level. All his feats were just talked of and we find out that they were far in the past when he was in his prme. (Well you do if you purchased the handbook anyway lol) I dont even recall this magneto erecting one shield. In the recent aoa revist he gets punked in the sewers by some street level morlocks. AOA mags was also not capable of deflecting the missiles that simple jean grey was handling before she got killed by havok. How do i know this? Well the fact that all he and his family could do was watch as the missiles went on to end their existence was a bit of a giveaway. Therefore i conclude that current polaris is significantly stronger than AOA mags who is in his seventies for gods sake lol.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Powerful enough to negate pre ex mags' attempts to cut off her powers and give him a good fight. That happened about 3 years ago. Since then Polaris has improved even more you just have to check out new xmen and xmen for evidence of this.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""To avoid turning this into a Cable vs. Nate fest, I'll just say this: even accepting that this is true, those Nate Grey feats I mentioned were all as non-Shaman Nate anyway, so your point is moot if, as you just said, they are at least peers in power.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Not so. For example overall Nate Grey was a more powerful mutant than Charles Xavier having tk as well as being a powerful tp. However Charles was a more powerful telepath as stated in the comics. Even these days with uber cable around charles is still called the most powerful tp. Yet Charles didnt know how to drag/manifest astral forms into normal reality until the feat was performed by Nate before his eyes. Power doesnt inherently bring with it skill Demi. Also Nate is without a doubt more powerful than uber cable. Nates powers are artificially enhanced to be beyond the level a normal summers / grey union of d.n.a would bring about. Cable could never naturally be more powerful than Nate.

but if Apocalypse were to enhance him by making him War Cable...Cable would be more powerful than that g** damn test tube baby.

demigawd

Very true. That would be a great point, except for one ace that I have that I'll get to in a minute.

It wasn't telepathy - it was the same skill he used to sense the Vanisher - he said he sensed the EM disturbance and was able to react to it.

He did time traveling with Forge in X-Man (not X-mEn) Annual 96 and returned to the AOA, where he was found by AOA Magneto. AOA Magneto said, "You couldn't contain my energies, I overloaded you", to which X-men replied, "So I shut 'em off!". They then teamed up to beat up Sugar Man. To overload NATE is a feat.

Now, the point from above is valid because...Nate didn't just travel back to AOA...he TIME traveled, returning to an early point in the AOA, before Forge was injured and before Magneto lost his daughter and encountered Ship. In other words, at AOA Magneto's max.

So what does that mean? Well, it means...

EVERY AOA MAGNETO FEAT IS VALID, NO MATTER WHAT POINT IT TAKES PLACE

Boom!

Uh huh...in light of the X-man Annual 96 reveal, it's all valid now. Sorry.

Uh...Apocalypse has molecular self-control doesn't he? Magneto tore him up against his will, didn't he? So in order to do so, he'd have to exert greater power over Poccy's body than Poccy himself, right?

I think your post from here on is taken with the assumption that this is Magneto at half-power. It's not.

So the onus is back on you to provide Polaris feats that exceed this. Otherwise (lest we lose the point of this comparison in the first place), it's perfectly valid to assume that God Cable can shut down Polaris as easily as an inexperienced Nate did to a fully powered AOA Magneto.

You're twisting it a bit. Polaris resisted a powerless Magneto's attempts to continue tapping into her power, since he was borrowing hers to fight the Avengers. It worked for a split second, then Magneto YANKED it out of her, completely against her will. POWERLESS Magneto, mind you.

I checked it out. Nothing there exceed AOA Magneto feats.

I haven't the faintest clue what you're getting at here.

I AGREE!

While you may attempt to debate that Nate is more powerful than Cable, there's no way you can say that God Cable isn't more skilled than 1996 Nate. I KNOW you're not going to say that, right?

I don't agree with this. Cable's psi is more developed because he spent years using it to stay alive. When he was liberated of that virus, his powers skyrocketed, largely because he kept his powers on so much. While you can say that Nate at his best is better than God Cable at his best (though even that is subject to debate), you can't say that God Cable (an expert) would be incapable of shutting down Polaris the way Inexperienced Nate shut down max AOA Magneto. The differences are too minute to just disregard the comparison. It's valid.

GalacticStorm
Daamn demi do you want me to reply to all of that?!!! lol

demigawd
lol, I didn't write that much. Most of it are quotations from the last two posts because you DON'T USE THE GOD DAMNED MULTI-QUOTE FEATURE.

Besides, I've seen you go buck wild on the Phoenix threads, lol.

Or...you could just concede. wink

GalacticStorm
"""""""""""""""""""It wasn't telepathy - it was the same skill he used to sense the Vanisher - he said he sensed the EM disturbance and was able to react to it.

Seeing Nates astral form is different to sensing the EM distortion created by the teleporting powers of the vanisher. Nate was sensed by Mags telepathy, Vanisher was sensed by Mags em affinity. The first example is due to Mags having a power polaris doesnt have so says nothing of his magnetic prowess over hers. The second polaris could easily do as well.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""He did time traveling with Forge in X-Man Annual 96 and returned to the AOA, where he was found by AOA Magneto. AOA Magneto said, "You couldn't contain my energies, I overloaded you", to which X-men replied, "So I shut 'em off!". They then teamed up to beat up Sugar Man. To overload NATE is a feat.

Now, the point from above is valid because...Nate didn't just travel back to AOA...he TIME traveled, returning to an early point in the AOA, before Forge was injured and before Magneto lost his daughter and encountered Ship. In other words, at AOA Magneto's max.

Boom!
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Good try but not at all Demi. Conveniently and kinda freakily as well i downloaded the very same issue a few weeks back and i have it in front of me now.

Mags says:

"The extent of my control over the magnetic field took you by surprise it seems. You couldnt contain my energies"

Nate says:

" So i shut them off"

Nate was surprised because the magneto he knew was the old decrepit one which also unfortunately for your argument happens to be the one we're arguing about. That Mag Nate knew had 50% of the power that his younger self had. Also Demi it appears you lied a little. Not once does Mags say "I overloaded you" that was a bit you tacked on. Im disappointed in you Demi i expect better. Nate is a psionic magneto is a magnetic energy wielder, of course Nate isnt going to be able to contain his energies its not part of his mutant powers to be able to do so. So your feat is rendered invalid not only because of that but also because it was a younger magneto and not the one we know from age of apocalypse.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Now, the point from above is valid because...Nate didn't just travel back to AOA...he TIME traveled, returning to an early point in the AOA, before Forge was injured and before Magneto lost his daughter and encountered Ship. In other words, at AOA Magneto's max.

Boom!

Unfortunately as you very well know we're arguing about AOA Mags as we know him, the one that was in the AOA saga, the one that was in the recent revisit. Unfortunately none of your feats are feasible for AOA Mags in his current decrepit form. Polaris would own. Its like arguing about a battle between Mother Askani Vs God like Cable and then using Rachels phoenix feats as reasons for why the old hag would win. Sorry Demi but thats ridiculous.

BOOYAH!!!!

""""""""Uh huh...in light of the X-men Annual 96 reveal, it's all valid now. Sorry."""""""""""""

Just not the case Demi. My condolensces.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""You're twisting it a bit. Polaris resisted a powerless Magneto's attempts to continue tapping into her power, since he was borrowing hers to fight the Avengers. It worked for a split second, then Magneto YANKED it out of her, completely against her will. POWERLESS Magneto, mind you.

When he tried again she blocked him so whats your point? He wasnt completely powerless his powers were just severely depleted so his access to the spectrum was virtually shut off and through polaris he could access the EM spectrum.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""I checked it out. Nothing there exceed AOA Magneto feats.

Now youre aware that virtually none of your feats are relevant going by what polaris has been up to recently I think they do mate.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""I haven't the faintest clue what you're getting at here.

Your point was that Nate has emulated some E.M energies ( where was this btw?) and that since cable was on a par with him that he could do it in this battle as well. What i was trying to say here is that whether he is more powerful or on par with Nate it doesnt matter. Its a skill he needs to be taught or shown how to do. Its not the kind of thing he would just be able to pull off effectively against powerful opponents in battle. Thats very naive. Thats why i used the example of Nate and Xavier. Xavier didnt even know that feat existed until Nate showed him and then he learnt despite being the more powerful tp.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""While you may attempt to debate that Nate is more powerful than Cable, there's no way you can say that God Cable isn't more skilled than 1996 Nate. I KNOW you're not going to say that, right?
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

More skilled yeah in general terms, but there were still things he could pull off that cable has yet to do and this is just due to a higher power level. Obviously shaman nate is beyond Uber cable clearly.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""I don't agree with this. Cable's psi is more developed because he spent years using it to stay alive. When he was liberated of that virus, his powers skyrocketed, largely because he kept his powers on so much. While you can say that Nate at his best is better than God Cable at his best (though even that is subject to debate), you can't say that God Cable (an expert) would be incapable of shutting down Polaris the way Inexperienced Nate shut down max AOA Magneto. The differences are too minute to just disregard the comparison. It's valid.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

For a start Cable in terms of telepathy and tkis powerful but he still has a lot to learn. It was only a few years back that jean was teaching him the ins and outs of psychic warfare. Being so limited in his power previously, he just didnt get an oppurtunity to properly practice refined tp and tk skills. Also it wasnt a battle situation, Magneto was just holding nate aloft after he fell in water. It was Nate who got aggressive and short circuited mags power. Mags wasnt expecting that In a battle situation Mags would have resisted. Also there are more cases of electromagnetic energies resisting the affects of tp than there are the other way around. Electromagnetic energies actually can if intended by the wielder severely limit and negate tp. Polaris in a battle situation empowered by storm would not just get shut down like that.

demigawd
Catching a flight. Will respond in a bit.

GalacticStorm
Catching a flight. Will respond in a bit.

Cool. You dont have to if you've got nothing left to say. I 'll think no less of you. Enjoy your "flight" stick out tongue

Cosmic Flame
I don't think Storm and Polaris have what it takes to remove Cable from this fight. It's like I said in another thread...Uber psis usually are not around for very long, because they are the most powerful mutants. There is no reason that Cable shouldn't be able to transmute Polaris helmet into a substance that doesn't shield her from telepathy. Of course he wouldn't need to anyway. Jean's TP has gotten through Mags helmet before, so Cable should be able to get through Polaris' with ease. Even if they were able to find some way to affect his TP, which I doubt that they would, his TK is more than enough to take them out.

Of course that's if the fight even gets that far. He could always use his TP to restrict access to their powers, making this a non battle. And consider the range of his TP and TK in Cable/Deadpool. He multitasked like a fiend from hundreds of miles away from anywhere. That much power devoted to the just the two of them at close range? As much as I love Ororo and Lorna, they'd be ash.

demigawd
Not even on your best day and my worst day, buddy. stick out tongue

"""""""""""""""""""It wasn't telepathy - it was the same skill he used to sense the Vanisher - he said he sensed the EM disturbance and was able to react to it.

Seeing Nates astral form is different to sensing the EM distortion created by the teleporting powers of the vanisher. Nate was sensed by Mags telepathy, Vanisher was sensed by Mags em affinity. The first example is due to Mags having a power polaris doesnt have so says nothing of his magnetic prowess over hers. The second polaris could easily do as well.

Untrue. If it was due to telepathy, he would have known who it was, because his telepathy would have allowed him to see the Astral projection. The fact that he was blind but only sensed a disturbance demonstrates that Nate was hidden from Mags telepathy, but Mags sensed an energy flux that Nate could not hide. It's meant to be EM energy, not telepathic that Mags is reading. In fact, the writers likely forgot about him having telepathy entirely during AOA.

A couple of things:

I didn't lie. I paraphrased. When Magneto says, "you couldn't contain my energies", it's because Nate was overloaded - it was more energy than Nate could contain. And yes, it's true that Nate was caught by surprise by Magneto being so powerful. So what does your discovery mean?

Absolutely nothing.

It seems you've lost sight of what exactly you're debating, which is understandable because we're in many ways arguing both for and against Magneto on two different threads. But to remind you, the point of that comparison isn't that Magneto could or could not overload Nate. The point was that a)That was max power AOA Magneto that Nate encountered and b)Nate shut off him.

So what does THAT mean?

Well, it means that my point stands. Nate was able to interfere with a Magneto who is AS or MORE powerful than Polaris. God Cable, being AS or MORE powerful than Nate (as you yourself acknowledged), could easily do the same to an AS or LESS powerful (and certainly less skilled) EM manipulator in Polaris. Get what I'm saying?

So we're back to square one: AOA Magneto feats count. Actually, even beyond that...AOA Magneto feats don't matter. We KNOW how powerful he was prior to losing 50% of his power, and we KNOW that's the Magneto Nate shut down. That was the point I've been trying to prove all along, and we're in agreement on it....aren't we? big grin

Again, you've lost sight of what exactly you're debating. It was never my point to say that it wasn't a younger Magneto...I brought that up specifically BECAUSE it's a younger Magneto. It renders the feat valid, not invalid. Silly goose.

And if it were simply a matter of their energy types being different, then the whole "the extent of my control" conversation wouldn't have mattered. The fact was, Nate would have contained Magneto's powers, if it were the weaker Magneto. That's what was clearly implied by that scene. It was the stronger Magneto, and that was foreshadowing of this fact. Nate still shut him down anyway.

And to bring my point full circle, if Nate could do that to a fully powered Magneto, then Cable can do that to a not-as-good Polaris.

Unfortunately for YOU, as you very well know we're arguing about Cable's ability to shut down Polaris, not about AOA Mags as we know him. AOA Magneto's feats are all-encompasing, because Nate shut down the most powerful version of AOA Magneto.

BING!

She blocked him and he overrided it. That's my point. Her attempts to block it didn't matter...he overrided it. And he was completely powerless. Completely. From the Magneto War, he had NO powers whatsoever. He couldn't lift his own helmet. He had no power.

I'm at the airport, so I don't have my collection. But it's the issue where Nate blacks out the stadium with an EMP to create confusion and throw off that weird serial killer with the nails that can break through Nate's shields.

But Nate didn't do that through training. It was just intuitively powerful. Who trained him? In the AOA, there ARE no telepaths. Cable, on the other hand, was taught by Askani and Redd and Slimm his entirely life, and in countless battles. He gets the edge, not Nate. Nate didn't use "training" to shut down Magneto...he did it intuitively. No reason why Cable, with more training, couldn't do otherwise.

Remember, X-man is the equivalent of about 2 years old. He had no real battle campaigns or training at the time.

Debatable, but irrelevant. Non Shaman shut down Magneto with no training. No reason why Cable couldn't do it, given all the stuff he did.

I think she would. Polaris could inhibit Cable's ability to attack them telepathically, but EM energy doesn't interfere with the psionic power of the wielder, it just creates an infereence haze to prevent telepathic signals from getting through. That's all it's been good for in the past. Nothing to stop Cable from just energy blasting them both to hell. or ripping their hearts out. Or anything else non-telepathic he wants.

stormfront13
Nothing to stop Cable from just energy blasting them both to hell. or ripping their hearts out. Or anything else non-telepathic he wants.

^^an energy blast will have to go through polaris's field which should be protecting both of them. polaris could also rip out cables heart. storm could just fry the synapses in cables brain or shut down his heart while polaris unleashes a full barrell of attacks on him

Cosmic Flame
Not if they can't get to him. He could handle them from literally thousands of miles away. Not only that, but Cable broke SS's board. That's a hell of a lot of power being poured out, while also protecting citizens and rebuilding the world along with SS. If Nathan poured out the power, at worst Polaris would be knocked on her ass or succumb to the force of the blast. Cable can also wreak tons of havoc around them so that they are unable to concentrate on doing anything.

Swanky-Tuna
It sounds well within his abilities to stop Storm's flow of electrons and nullify Polaris' field and down them with his own attack.

demigawd
Originally posted by stormfront13
Nothing to stop Cable from just energy blasting them both to hell. or ripping their hearts out. Or anything else non-telepathic he wants.

^^an energy blast will have to go through polaris's field which should be protecting both of them. polaris could also rip out cables heart. storm could just fry the synapses in cables brain or shut down his heart while polaris unleashes a full barrell of attacks on him

Polaris' forcefield isn't NEARLY that powerful. Not even close. God Cable is beyond planetary level. What's the most powerful blast Polaris has ever blocked? Havok. And she struggled.

World of difference.

Cable's field, on the other hand, was able to hold up against nukes. No way Storm or Polaris are getting through. The fact that Cable was able to become invisible during his Soldier X series also means that he can bend light...EM energy.

Those two are SO done.

Mainstream
Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.