If Qui-Gon Jin's Survived

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Rankkor
I've been thinking about this. Would he Join Dooku or saber him down (or at least try)? Would Anakin turn diferent from what we see in ROTS being trained all that time by Qui-Gon instead of Ben? For sure, imo, mace would have gone to palpatine along with Qui-Gon. Could he be one of the Jedi purge survivors (As to discuss his potential)? About this last we know that ben only survived, imo, by sheer luck. Yoda due to his skills. I know that alot of forumers around don't like to discuss the if possibilities but, I do so, those that don't just keep away.

adamrubin
yes

((The_Anomaly))
i think Qui-Gon would be more fitted to train Anakin then Obi-wan was.

even though obi was a far more powerful jedi then qui ever was.

I still think qui gon would have been able to prevent anakins turn to the darkside. just because his outlook on the force and life was far different then obi's was.

but we shal never know.

Captain REX
What? Qui-Gon was certainly more powerful than Obi-Wan; he discovered the path to immortality. He just wans't that great a swordsman, apparently.

stunna1773
if he discovered the power to immortaliy he would still be a live but hes not

kremzike
Did you see Revenge of The Sith? You should check it out. It's pretty good. plus, there's some stuff about Qui-Gon in there that it sounds like you haven't seen yet. I highly recommend watching it.

wink

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by stunna1773
if he discovered the power to immortaliy he would still be a live but hes not

Revenge of the Sith

Yoda-"An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the force, your old master."

Obi-Wan Kenobi-"Qui-gon?"

Yoda-"How to commune with him, I will teach you."

---------

It really was a good movie, you should check it out. stick out tongue

stunna1773
o shit i forgot wut yoda said at da end

Aduruth
OK obi was more in-tune with the force and was more advanced in swordsmen ship, and was extremely wise, but not as wise as qui-gon. and no matter who trained anakin, it was inevitable he would turn to the dark side.

Captain REX
Originally posted by stunna1773
o shit i forgot wut yoda said at da end

So we noticed.

No, Aduruth; Qui-Gon was definitely more in-tune with the Force than his apprentice, unless you also forgot that last piece there. Obi-Wan was powerful and wise and a skilled swordsman, but Qui-Gon outdid him with the first two.

Ast Rofan
Anakin would probably have been more open to telling QGJ about stuff like Padme and his mother simply because QG also swayed from the path of the "perfect jedi".

Captain REX
Definitely.

tlbauerle
Answer: You would have made a thread entitled: "If Qui-Gon Jin's Died" and I'd slap you for poor spelling and sentence structure!

tlbauerle
However, if you are referring to Qui-Gon's 'Gin'...you can find a bottle at the Grill.

DiamondBullets
Quigon told the Council in TPM that Obi-wan is "headstrong and has much to learn about the living Force". Obi was fresh out of padawanhood and not ready to train an apprentice who was too old anyways. The fact that Qui-Gon was a rebel wouldv'e suited Anakin way better than by-the-book Obi.

Council#13
I think that if Qui-Gon Jinn had not died, Anakin would not have turned to the dark side and the hideously deformed Palpatine wouldnt have been able to kill all the Jedi. I think Qui-Gon treated Anakin more like a father than obi wan ever did, because he is a lot more patient. I thik that Anakin should have figured out though that Qui-Gon was dead because of Palpatine and instead of joining him should have avenged Qui Gon who he owed his freedom to.

Morridini
Allready a thread on this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f4/t331965.html

Ushgarak
There basically would have been no story. QGJ's death was dramatically essential to set Anakin and Obi-Wan on their disastrous path.

I am not sure about QGJ being a poor sowrdsman though. He looked damn good to me, and Nick Gillard talks about the cut bit from the Tatooine fight where QGJ gets the better of Maul- he designed the two as about equal.

Tulak Hord
I agree with all. Qui-Gon would be the better master, Anakin would be more open with him. The problem with Obi-Wan is he's too soft with Anakin. If Anakin told him about the Tuskins he slaughtered, Obi would prolly just put him in a corner for 2 minutes. If Anakin told Qui-Gon about the Tuskins, Qui-Gon would beat the hell outta him. All Anakin needed was harsh discipline, and a capable Master. Obi-Wan was neither.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I am not sure about QGJ being a poor sowrdsman though. He looked damn good to me, and Nick Gillard talks about the cut bit from the Tatooine fight where QGJ gets the better of Maul- he designed the two as about equal.

Hmm...good point.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Captain REX
What? Qui-Gon was certainly more powerful than Obi-Wan; he discovered the path to immortality. He just wans't that great a swordsman, apparently.

Obi wan is far more powerful then Qui-gon was.

finding out how to be immortal, granted, is good, but had ROTS obi fought Qui-gon, Obi would anal rape him. in every way, it was Qui-gons way of thinkig about the force that gave him the ability to find out how to become a force ghost. he, unlike most jedi, was more one with the will of the force "the living force" as he calls it. he focoused on what the force told him, rather then trying to control it. as most other jedi do.

Aduruth
So we noticed.

No, Aduruth; Qui-Gon was definitely more in-tune with the Force than his apprentice, unless you also forgot that last piece there. Obi-Wan was powerful and wise and a skilled swordsman, but Qui-Gon outdid him with the first two.

thanks thats wat i meant i just got mixed up in wat i was gonna say. and wen i'd say it.

Captain REX
If Qui-Gon fought ANY post-Clone Wars Jedi, yeah, he'd have a bit of trouble. The Clone Wars advanced everyone quite far on the experience level.

Arbiter
Qui-Gon would have been an excellent master for Anakin because he has more exp then Obi-Wan and I'm sure Dooku left because Qui-Gon died. (That is 1 of the reasons many believe why Dooku left)

systemshock2
If Qui-gon survived would Anakin have ever gotten trained? Last I checked, the only reason Anakin was allowed to be trained was because a stubborn Obi-wan (faithful student that he is) let Yoda know that it was Qui-gon's death wish, and that he would train Anakin regardless of what the council decided. So if Qui-gon survived, then all that was mentioned becomes mute and it's back to the council, led by Yoda, not allowing Anakin to be trained.

Captain REX
Arbiter, Dooku left because he thought the Republic was going to go down in flames, and Qui-Gon's death because of their inaction regarding Naboo was the final straw.

Qui-Gon would have trained Anakin anyway, I'm sure. Did you not note that Qui-Gon was a rebel?

systemshock2
Qui-Gon would have trained Anakin anyway, I'm sure. Did you not note that Qui-Gon was a rebel?

He was a rebel, but nowhere near to the extent of blatantly defying the entire council to train Anakin. If he did so he would probably be reprimanded, or even expelled due to the council's seriousness on the matter. But then again he did see some great cause with Anakin, and would probably go through with it and find some way to train him, regardless of his own consequences.

Illustrious
Originally posted by systemshock2
He was a rebel, but nowhere near to the extent of blatantly defying the entire council to train Anakin. If he did so he would probably be reprimanded, or even expelled due to the council's seriousness on the matter. But then again he did see some great cause with Anakin, and would probably go through with it and find some way to train him, regardless of his own consequences.

If he didn't DIE, I'm sure slaying a Sith would turn some heads. He definitely would have been rebellious enough to train Anakin. Obi-Wan was already capable of standing on his own, he didn't need a master any more, Qui-Gon would rather willingly defy the council. He's defied the council on far more trivial levels than the "chosen one".

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by tlbauerle
However, if you are referring to Qui-Gon's 'Gin'...you can find a bottle at the Grill.

There's always some a*se with retarded answers and personal attacks. If you're so offended, slit your wrists making us all a favour.

Back to topic. IMO Qui Gon would not join Dooku. He did disagree with the council on many levels but not at that point. Maybe Qui Gon could dissuade Dooku or kill him trying, though dooku had a far better technic than maul and we all know what happened to QG.

I believe QG would keep Anakin closer to him, preventing anakin's proximity with palp. I think QG would have better learn how to reach anakin and speak to him (a thing that obi1 didn't managed because like we see in AOTC they're always having issues about every little thing).

The rebeldy in QG, could not have turn the events but, it sure could have made things quite different.

adamthejedi
ive done some background reading on the 6 movies in my time and i learned some things about qui-gon that might be of use here....

he was not as bad a swordsman as everyone seemes to think here, in fact Count Dooku himself belived him to be the best swordsman of all Jedi (except for himself). his strength with the Force was considered in the same levels as Yoda and Windu, as was his power. he was also considered one of the wisest of all Jedi.

dont forget, qui-gon was about 70 years old when Episode 1 was set. Darth Maul wasnt even 30. How exactly was he supposed to win? Plus, Darth Maul's master was more powerful than Dooku, so you could argue that Maul's training was more advanced, especially as being a sith, he would do anything to win, whereas a Jedi has more of a moral code to follow.

If all things were eve, age, same time, having fought in the same battles....qui-gon would beat obi-wan AND darth maul. he probably would also beat Dooku, as Dooku's character had more flaws than Qui-Gon. Perhaps only Yoda, Windu, Potential Anakin (NOT ROTS anaking OR Vader!!!!) and Sidious could have beaten him.

sithsaber408
Now normally I don't support necro threads, but skimming through this one I came to an interesting conclusion:

Qui-Gon alive wouldn't have changed anything.

Anakin falls because of his attachment to his mother (whom he looses) and his attachment to Padme (whom he fears losing.)

Qui-gon would have been sympathetic to him, but in the end his answer would be similar to Yoda's: "You can't hold on to her, you have to let go. It is the way of the Living Force that people come and go, we all die, etc..."

Proof of this is that he does nothing to intervene in Anakins situation with Shmi, had he wanted to he could have arrested Watto for slave-driving... an illegal activity in the Republic and freed Shmi.

But he lets things be, knowing that Anakin shouldn't have attachments.

So Shmi still dies and Anakin would have turned to Palps anyway to save Padme.

It just would have been more tragic because Qui-Gon would've been nicer to him and really felt betrayed.

Ridley_Prime
Meh. As much as I hate to say it, something tells me that even if Qui-Gon Jin hadn't of died against Darth Maul, he would've ended up getting over-powered/surrounded by Clone Troopers, like how most of the other Jedi got killed in episode III. The opposite's also possible though (about him being one of the lucky survivors like Obi-wan and Yoda).

As for whether he would join Count Dooku or try to take him down, that's a good question. If it's true that he was once Dooku's apprentice, then perhaps he would. If he did join him though, something tells me he'd end up betraying him once he found out Dooku was under the wing of Darth Sidious (unless of course if Qui-Gon ends up turning to the dark side, which I doubt he would).

Either way, I don't think Obi-wan knew Qui-Gon truly as well as he thought he did when he said "Qui-Gon would never join you" in episode II.

Tangible God
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Now normally I don't support necro threads, but skimming through this one I came to an interesting conclusion:

Qui-Gon alive wouldn't have changed anything.

Anakin falls because of his attachment to his mother (whom he looses) and his attachment to Padme (whom he fears losing.)

Qui-gon would have been sympathetic to him, but in the end his answer would be similar to Yoda's: "You can't hold on to her, you have to let go. It is the way of the Living Force that people come and go, we all die, etc..."

Proof of this is that he does nothing to intervene in Anakins situation with Shmi, had he wanted to he could have arrested Watto for slave-driving... an illegal activity in the Republic and freed Shmi.

But he lets things be, knowing that Anakin shouldn't have attachments.

So Shmi still dies and Anakin would have turned to Palps anyway to save Padme.

It just would have been more tragic because Qui-Gon would've been nicer to him and really felt betrayed. I agree, except for the Padme part. I firmly believe that Qui-Gon would not have let those two get together.

And if he was truly aware of the corruption in the Senate, chances are he would have kept Anakin away from Palpatine.

queeq
Who keeps digging up these old threads?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by queeq
Who keeps digging up these old threads?
Beats me. Some do still provide some interesting discussion though.

queeq
Okay... let's hear it.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Tangible God
I agree, except for the Padme part. I firmly believe that Qui-Gon would not have let those two get together.

And if he was truly aware of the corruption in the Senate, chances are he would have kept Anakin away from Palpatine.

That part wouldn't have changed.

Had Qui-gon lived, they still win the Battle of Naboo.

Padme still comes back 10 years later as senator to vote against an army. Palps still sets up her "assasination" and has the Council assign her an old jedi friend as a protector...with Anakin as the apprentice.

He'd still fall in love, and get together with her in secret.

So Qui-gon, just as Obi-wan would have no say in if Anakin got together with Padme.

I think that he would have been more sympathetic about it though.... still he would not have the answer Anakin was looking for when faced with bad dreams.

Qui-gon living would have changed nothing.

Closing?

MasterAshenVor
Well Personally here is what i think.

If Qui-Gon-Jinn were to live the council would probibally elevate him to be on the Council and would be unable to Train a Padawan due to the Drain on his time and he would have sayed something like this "My Time as a Master is over i am too old to train another padawan so it is you who will have to Train Anakin Obi-Wan."

Due to that i belive Anakin would still be friends with palpy but on the other side of the fence GOOD friends with Qui-Gon so it would be Palpy's Influence vs Qui's Influence aginst anakin in which due to Palpatine's "Not by a Jedi" line to Anakin about the power to save people he would have fallen and Qui-Gon-Jinn would have been a victim of order 66 in which i belive to make the story better Anakin would Duel Qui-Gon-Jinn in the Jedi Temple in OPERATION KNIGHTFALL in which i personally belive would be protecting the Younglings in the council Chamber.

So in other words ANAKIN's DESTINY IS TO BE LORD VADER

queeq
I think the point is, hence the name Duel of the Fates, that had Qui-Gon lived Anakin would not have turned. But then... what about the prophecy. Maybe QGJ would have stood in the way of fullfilment of that prophecy and the Sith may have ruled forever.

MasterAshenVor
well QUEEQ this is a WHAT IF scenerio so that reply dident really mean anything to this post. so yea.

Anyway i made my point up there big grin

so Queeq *says respectfully* come back when you have something Intelligent to say about this Topic ok. Have a good one man

Tangible God
Originally posted by sithsaber408
That part wouldn't have changed.

Had Qui-gon lived, they still win the Battle of Naboo.

Padme still comes back 10 years later as senator to vote against an army. Palps still sets up her "assasination" and has the Council assign her an old jedi friend as a protector...with Anakin as the apprentice.

He'd still fall in love, and get together with her in secret.

So Qui-gon, just as Obi-wan would have no say in if Anakin got together with Padme.

I think that he would have been more sympathetic about it though.... still he would not have the answer Anakin was looking for when faced with bad dreams.

Qui-gon living would have changed nothing.

Closing? I mean to say that, Qui-Gon would not have allowed Anakin getting so emotionally involved with Padme. I just can't see him being so lenient. He may be a "rogue" in his ways, but I don't see him being so foolish enough as to allow a Jedi who was chosen as old as 9 years to make such contact with the person he thought about everyday for the last 10 years.

MadMel
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
well QUEEQ this is a WHAT IF scenerio so that reply dident really mean anything to this post. so yea.

Anyway i made my point up there big grin

so Queeq *says respectfully* come back when you have something Intelligent to say about this Topic ok. Have a good one man
WTF
queeq made a perfectly valid point..
maybe if qui-gon lived then he might have defiantly opposed the prohphesy to protect aniken, and in doing so ended up leaving the universe in darkness..

tlbauerle
If Qui-Gon lived...then I'd be reading a thread titled, "If Qui-Gon Jin's Died"...and still be pissed at the spelling.

sithsaber408
laughing out loud Zing!

Rogue Jedi
this thread has been done already.

tlbauerle
I swear I made the same bratty comment that time too...

queeq
Let's close it then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.