cooking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

feralboy
you can ask about cooking here.and i can give out Recipes.

feralboy
i forgot i will also answer what time and temp. qustions about food

fruits
yeah..........cooking sucks

Morning_Glory
ummm... how do you make Pumpkin Pie.. i need to know

feralboy

feralboy
~hey fruits you should be nice~

Morning_Glory
blink

fruits
Originally posted by feralboy
~hey fruits you should be nice~
im just messin stick out tongue

feralboy
~what?~

feralboy
mg put about a 1/2teaspoon on your crush if your not going to use the almond-flavored liqueur.the milk will brownen the top crush.also put holes in the top crush.this will let it breath and not burn

BadKitty
actually I do need help with something..I tried a couple of times to make potato dumplings and they are cooked but they start falling apart,they are just to mushy.do you think you know how I can make these things right because they really are great and I'd like to start cooking them often. smile

BlackC@t
Badkitty! Long time no see! eek!

Perhaps adding a bit of flour to thicken the mixture? erm

I have no idea what the Hell potatoe dumplings are anyways, sorry...

BadKitty
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Badkitty! Long time no see! eek!

Perhaps adding a bit of flour to thicken the mixture? erm

I have no idea what the Hell potato dumplings are anyways, sorry... laughing out loud hi there BC! hope alls been well with ya big grin

ohh potato dumplings are great..I don't know about the flour,might become a bit pasty..I was thinking of boiling them then frying them..but I'll see what the cook master chief has to say cool

Storm
You have to add flour. No wonder they start falling apart.

BadKitty
Originally posted by Storm
You have to add flour. No wonder they start falling apart. no I do add flour..but I think to much would be yucky..sorry thats really what I meant.

Ken Kenobi
Ok feral, I have a toughie for you. I've been trying to find a worthwhile recipe for General Tsao's Chicken and Pork Fried Rice, the rice must have the bits of egg in it as well.

I love these dishes, but I have yet to find a good recipe where the ingredients are easy to come by.

Clovie
Originally posted by BadKitty
actually I do need help with something..I tried a couple of times to make potato dumplings and they are cooked but they start falling apart,they are just to mushy.do you think you know how I can make these things right because they really are great and I'd like to start cooking them often. smile you're cooking them too long huh

BadKitty
Originally posted by Clovie
you're cooking them too long huh I'm not sure,I have a recipe and followed it..but it doesn't seem right. over cooking is something I do on a regular basis though so this might be it...thanks clovie.

Clovie
I'm not sure,I have a recipe and followed it..but it doesn't seem right. over cooking is something I do on a regular basis though so this might be it...thanks clovie. it must be it.
you cook them untill they are like going to the top.. i can't explain it properly..
you put them in the pot in the boiling water and then keep them there untill there are big bubbles and the dumplings are going up] confused

and you're welcome of course happy

BlackC@t
Urgh! reading about food is making me feel sick! sick

BadKitty
Originally posted by Clovie
it must be it.
you cook them untill they are like going to the top.. i can't explain it properly..
you put them in the pot in the boiling water and then keep them there untill there are big bubbles and the dumplings are going up] confused

and you're welcome of course happy I think your are absolutely right,I cook them like I cook pierogies..but the thing is I like my pierogies mushy...so I did let them boil past the point of 'floating'.

thanks again clovie,I think I'll try them again this weekend. big grin

BadKitty
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Urgh! reading about food is making me feel sick! sick it's making me super hungry

Ken Kenobi
it's making me super hungry

Ditto.

Clovie
I think your are absolutely right,I cook them like I cook pierogies..but the thing is I like my pierogies mushy...so I did let them boil past the point of 'floating'.

thanks again clovie,I think I'll try them again this weekend. big grin you can cook pierogi (it is already plural)? eek! i never heard about anyone outside Poland who was able to make it clapping

good luck wink

feralboy
blackcat i'm sorry but i have no clue

feralboy
anything else

Shakyamunison
OK, do you have any good recipes for tofu? I hate tofu, but would like to get away from chicken, tofu doesn't die. It's not the flavor, it the texture, what should I do?

feralboy
this one comes from Hawaii
2 pounds chicken parts
1 slab of tofu
2 heaping tablespoons sugar
3/4 pounds string beans
Cup shoyu
Cook chicken, sugar and shoyu together (simmer 5 minutes). Prepare string beans by slicing them in half length wise. Add beans to chicken. Add tofu and simmer until beans are tender.

Note: can also be made with pork or beef.

feralboy
remember when reheating meat reheat to 160degees at the least.never leave food out for more than 4hrs

feralboy
any body else

meanxf
HEY ALL

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
OK, do you have any good recipes for tofu? I hate tofu, but would like to get away from chicken, tofu doesn't die. It's not the flavor, it the texture, what should I do?

Tofu doesn't die... laughing laughing

feralboy
i suck at making threadscrycrybaby

Smoothcriminal
Oh yeah, I love cooking.. Nicaraguan food. It's the best

CorderaMitchell
Nice...

Coldfire
I like making desserts stick out tongue big grin

naybean
i like eating deserts big grin but as far as cooking goes i'm useless

bordom
i forgot i will also answer what time and temp. qustions about food
Are you a chef?

feralboy
yes

feralboy
in training

GCG
ok ; so how do i make a Baked Alaska ?

im ****ing up on temperatures here and make a mess out of it

feralboy

bordom
in training
awesome. I wanna go to school and become a gourmet chef stick out tongue got any tips or advice?

Lord Melkor
I can't cook. But my girlfriend can. Though she would like me to.

feralboy
just take you time

Merdelian
Originally posted by bordom
awesome. I wanna go to school and become a gourmet chef stick out tongue got any tips or advice?

If you want a personal advice tip... dont go into cooking, unless your ready for unreasonably bad and long hours and not the greatest pay. Unless your at a very special restaurant then you can end up months on end without a whole weekend off. 9-12 hour long days at some places. If your intent on cooking, you gotta get the experience and go to a big kitchen like La' Chaumiere.

botankus
Hooter's Buffalo Chicken Wings

vegetable oil -- for frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
dash ground pepper
dash garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teas. paprika
1/4 teas. cayenne pepper
1/4 teas. salt
10 chicken wing pieces

ON THE SIDE: bleu cheese dressing & celery sticks

Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375. You want just enough oil to cover the
wings entirely -- an inch or so deep at least.

Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a
small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and
the ingredients are well-blended.

Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne powder, and salt in a small bowl.
If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them. Put the wings
in a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each
wing evenly. Put the wings in the refrigerator 60-90 minutes.
This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.

Put all the wings in the hot oil and fry 10 to 15 minutes or until
some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown. Remove from the oil
to a paper towel to drain. Don't let them sit too long, because you
want to serve them hot. Quickly put the wings in a large bowl. Add the hot
sauce and stir, coating all of the wings evenly.

Serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.

Kosta
Anyone got the recipe for KFC's chicken? stick out tongue

dragon milly
Do you know any Oriental dishes?

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Hooter's Buffalo Chicken Wings

vegetable oil -- for frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
dash ground pepper
dash garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teas. paprika
1/4 teas. cayenne pepper
1/4 teas. salt
10 chicken wing pieces

ON THE SIDE: bleu cheese dressing & celery sticks

Hey, that's about how I make mine.....though I got my recipe from a chef in Ohio...He worked at BarlyCorns.....Yummy chicken wings.

botankus
That's right, debs...and to honor those fantastic Hooter's Wings I'm about to be the first person ever to use this smilie for something other than a half-dressed person:

droolio

debbiejo
Yummy yummy yummy wings.....yum...

I'm in the mood for wings now....but have none.... sad

fini
hmmm, how bout Paratha Roti?

botankus
What's that?

Storm
Paratha Roti is an Indian flatbread.

fini
hehe, its a type of roti, its an indian dish.

olchik
Are you a good cooker? Where have you learnt to cook?

debbiejo
I know how to make some yummy hummus.... cool

botankus
I am an expert at making Digiorno's.

debbiejo
What's that? ^^

botankus
You know, "The pizza that tastes like delivery?"
http://www.kraftfoods.com/html/brands/digiorno/images/mn_1.jpg

debbiejo
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....OK how do you make the dough?

botankus
I'm not telling you any of my secrets stick out tongue Including how I carefully open the freezer and tear the plastic to remove the pie.

debbiejo
I'm not telling you any of my secrets stick out tongue Including how I carefully open the freezer and tear the plastic to remove the pie.

I knew it....It's a frozen crust....bought from the store...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....At least I make mine from scratch... big grin

botankus
That's not fair sad Debs, I'm never inviting you for dinner again!

debbiejo
That's not fair sad Debs, I'm never inviting you for dinner again!

Again????

Did I enjoy your pizza.......???....Maybe it was your sauce....What's in your sauce then......We need to compare notes.....Cause I make a pretty mean pizza...chef

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Again????

Did I enjoy your pizza.......???....Maybe it was your sauce....What's in your sauce then......We need to compare notes.....Cause I make a pretty mean pizza...chef

With chicken? laughing laughing out loud laughing eek!

debbiejo
yeah you....no chicken pizza....hahahahhah....I make a pretty cool pizza...one that can please even the finicky delights....whooooooooo yea....all Italians like....any kind...spices, herbs, the works.....whoooo just sooooooooooooo good.....THE KIND THAT WILL MAKE ANYONES MOUTH WATER FOR MORE........Yummmmmmmmmmmy....Cool chesses too.........I'm a natural cheff...grow my own herbs...do everything from scratch......OH got you beat, I think....yep....Better talk to your wife..chefchef..
AND YOU? Mr shaky? ....I hear men just never got the hang of it.,....hahahahahahahaha.... just frozen dinners.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.