Nataku's Amalgam tournament, final round... Scoobless vs Longpig!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nataku8188
This battle shall take place in New York city.

Scoobless

Flash Thordon

Quasar: Mind/Quantum Bands
Flash: Power
Thor: Body/Hammer/Power

Flash (Wally West)
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/wally.html

Quasar
http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_t...ntum-bands.html

Thor
http://www.avengersforever.org/char.../Characters.asp

vs

Longpig

Absorbing Man - Body, powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Dr Strange
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=223

Flash (Barry)
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=flash2

Absorbing Man
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...y.php?entryID=2

long pig
I have two tactics, but this one is what I'll put up first.

----------------------One Hour Prep----------------------------------

Conjures the EOA to go on his forehead. ET=30 seconds

Turns into Iron. ET=Instantaneous

Conjures his shields. ET-Instant

Conjures his Astral Ring. ET-Few seconds.

Conjures his illusions........I here recently read in DS# 42 where Strange conjured 1000 of them in a split second(I have scans, if you need them.).
Very nice. 1000 it is. ET=Instant

Conjures again the Crystal of Cyttorak around his body, goes to Astral Form. ET=1minute
To add further protection the time compression spell is caste around the area of the Crystal. ET=1minute
(Basically, if the hammer is thrown at or if Flash Thordon decides to ram the Crystal, he's/it's gonna get stuck in time compression. )

Casts invisibility spell over the Crystal. ET=Few seconds.

--------------------------End of Prep------------------------------------

----------------------------Stratagem-----------------------------------

As soon as the bell rings, I send my illusions to rush forth as hard as they possibly can. I'm going to go after Flash Thordon's weakest point, his mind.

Quasar's mind is all but normal human, he can try to put up quantum barriers in his mind all he wants, but just like magic passes through his quantum shields, magical telepathy will pass through his quantum barriers.
Only high level mystics and high level Psi's can see the Astral form(and even then they might not be able to if the Astral form wills itself invisible), Quasar is neither.

All the illusions will be going at him with their own small amount of telepathy, not enough to actually hurt him, but to chip away at his concentration enough for me to break out my spells and my own personal telepathy attacks backed by the Eye of Agamotto.

The first spell that goes against him is the spell of confusion and forgetfulness. (Yes, Mjolnir can absorb magical blasts, but he's never been able to absorb spells.)
Seeing Quasar's mind isn't very strong, those spells will work on him as they would a normal human.

As the spell starts working it's magic, Thordon will lose more and more concentration....wondering just exactly what he's doing here.....
I'd be surprised if Thordon is still holding his hammer at this point.

If he isn't holding his hammer, he's going to be blasted to hell and back with magical blasts that have taken out 2 of the top 10 most powerful beings in all creation.
If he still has his hammer.....I won't blast him yet.

The second spell is Mists of Munnopor, it basically a mist that instantly appears around the victim's face poisoning the air they breath(Yes, Thor breaths, as does Odin who was taken down by a similar spell.)

When he finally starts to loose consciousness and fall under the spell of total and utter confusion and forgetfulness and poison, I undo my spell of the Crystal and use them instead as the bands of Cyttorak which will hold Thordon completely and utterly helpless. I also undo my time compression spell and turn it upon Thordon to keep him from struggling, if any, he may do.

Again I go for the incapacitation win.

Short and sweet.
Basically one of the only two ways to totally dominate Thordon without the fear of being harmed myself.

Scoobless
that's a whole lot of spell-casting to be doing at the outset of the match..... the word "Instant" is relative..... what is "instant" to Strange moves at a snails pace to Thordon... in fact by the time you've thought of the first spell to perform you'll be on the receiving end of a power blast that would bring Galactus to his knee's (Mjolnir boosted with all the energy the Quantum bands can muster).... and hit so suddenly and furiously that Absorbing Man couldn't hope to adapt in time.... and if he did manage to start absorbing he'd explode

Originally posted by long pig
As soon as the bell rings, I .........

basically, as soon as you've registered the bell ringing in your mind, you'll be under an enormously powerful assault

this basically disrupts the rest of your plan, forcing you to go on the defensive (unless you're knocked out or destroyed by the initial blast)

i'm talking about the blasts i used in the first match..... pooling Quasar's unlimited energy supply, funneling it through Mjolnir (which in turn will multiply it), adding Mjolnir's own energies and firing them out in a continual energy wave that will destroy everything in it's path, this will be backed up with small (but powerful) quantum constructs flying at you faster than light.... shredding any magical defensive shields you could throw up, or, more likely, already have in place prior to the match

i'm unsure if you can go astral before the match as your physical presence is required on the battlefield

time compression..... hmmm... i saw a scan you posted once... i don't think it said exactly how compressed time gets under that spell.... but as Thordon has the capacity to move so fast that he can time travel i doubt it'll be effective against a quick strike attack... especially with the relativity factor... ie... moving faster that light himself, then blasting his energies in front of him even faster, and possibly using the quantum boosted hammer attack throw again (as in the last round) which would travel with even more speed

stormfront13
as far as those 2 strategies go my vote goes to long pig, but I can still be persuaded seeing as it is early

Nataku8188
I hate magic. I'm torn, I love longpig, and I love scoobless... but longpig has magic...

Good thing I'm not voting!

zachrivard
Flash Thordon is not that muck faster than longpig
i vote for longpig, but scoobless still could win

Scoobless
Originally posted by zachrivard
Flash Thordon is not that muck faster than longpig
i vote for longpig, but scoobless still could win

he is faster, much faster in movement thanks to the Quantum Bands, and faster in reaction because of Wally ..... and much more practiced.... every prep time we've had so far i've been increasing control over my speed... LP has done nothing but use magic..... at this point the speed difference is huge

DigiMark007
I'll be keeping an eye on this battle, and won't cast a vote just yet, but for the moment I'm leaning toward Scoob. Brief explanation: A telepathic spell would take time and concentration, and in the meantime Q-constructs can ruin Strange's shields and what-not.

But I'm sure lp will find an issue where Strange casts the "anti-Thor" spell, so I'll stay tuned...

And a congrats to both of you by the way. Scoob making a bid for a repeat and LP intelligently utilizing the single best pick in the tourney...both excellent jobs.

-DM

Dizzle
Not gonna vote yet, seeing as LP has yet to unleash his master plan the second... But since the Q constructs pretty much bypass magic, LP's body isn't moving, and Mr. Thordon is a mite faster, I'm leaning towards Scoob. But then again, alternative strategies are there for a reason.

long pig
How do you figure you are any faster than me?

We both have the layer of Flash that speeds up our reaction times.
You are no faster than me....at all.

Will I?
How will you see me? I'd be im Astral Form....Quasar can't see Astral form. You'd be too busy trying to figure out which is the real Strange of all the illusions, which none of them will be.

Did you forget I'm in Astral plane?

What exactly are you hitting? You won't see me, you won't see my body and you won't be able to get to it even if you do somehow see it.

We are basically the same speed.
My reactions are backed by Flash, so are yours.

Did you not even read my strategy?
You're not hitting anything. You will see 1000 Stranges attacking you and that's it.

Quasar can't even boost his own strength with the quantum bands, you won't be able to boost your hammer.

Show me one scan where Quasar boosted his strength with the bands.

Only the seriphem shields may be effected.....it's doubtful that it's true.
The Crimson Bands aren't shields, they are binding forces.

Can you show any proof that quantum forces pass through magic shields? Or are you only looking at a Quasar fansite like the one you gave Evangle?

There is no proof that quasar can effect magic shields, it's a theory by a fan. Nothing more.

Quantum energy won't pass through the Crimson Bands, they aren't the same as shields.

You can. I asked a long time ago if it was ok. It was.

The black hole?
No.
The time compression he put around an atomic countdown clock. It made the clock and everything in its area slowed down and stopped.

If Flash goes faster than light, he time travels....but he doesn't know where he will end up. Possibly off the battlefield giving me a win.

If you leave the battlefield, you get DQ'd. Time Travel is definatly leaving the field.
Unless.....that's how you want to do it....we can definatly play dirty.

To recap:
You aren't faster than me, you can't see me in Astral Form, you won't know who is the real Strange out of all those 1000 illusions...all attacking you.

You won't see the crystal, you won't effect the crystal, you can't charge your hammer.....did I miss anything?

I still don't even think you will know how to work your hammer.
The people who picked up Mjolnir as was able to use it got a portion of Thor's conciousness from the hammer itself......you only have Quasar's conciousness.

You can't have both Thor's conciousness and Quasar's, so therefore, you won't know how to use your hammer....at all.

Dark Thor
long pig. Too lazy to explain

The King of All
long pig, due to his lengthy rebuttle

DigiMark007
Well, Scoob's in luck (partially). Both Dark Thor and The King of All were here after May. Sorry fellas, but your votes won't be counting. It prevents some interested parties from voting, but also acts as a safeguard for the tourney (Evangel's original rules, not mine).

So Scoob is still losing, but only 2-0. Not 4-0.

Also, "due to his lengthy rebuttle" is a bit of a suspect reason to vote. If sheer number of words won you fights, I'm pretty sure Sentry would be in this fight right now (or Nat/SF for their 21 page epic battle).

-DM

Khellendros
Scoobless. He has the FAR FAR better Flash and two different ways of screwing with Strange's magic.

long pig
edit

long pig
How is Wally better?
As soon as Wally goes past light speed he goes into the Speed Force dimention, which means he's DQ'd for leaving the battlefield.

So he can only go near lightspeed, same as Barry Allen.

There isn't a difference between the two Flashes here.

Unless we CAN go into other dimensions, then of course that's where my body will be shunted while I'll stay in this plane only in Astral Form.

Khellendros
How is Wally better?
As soon as Wally goes past light speed he goes into the Speed Force dimention, which means he's DQ'd for leaving the battlefield.

Wally goes past light speed, he hangs out in the Speed Force for a while but comes back. The one time Barry hit light speed, he basically died (converted to pure energy, likely joined the Speed force, which is the afterlife for speedsters). Wally has been unequivocally stated to be faster than both previous flashes. Wasn't going to that much detail about why Wally is better, but you did ask.

long pig
Exactly, Wally can't go faster than light unless he goes into the Speed Force Dimension, which isn't allowed here.

Wally is faster only because of his speed force connection, otherwise, he's the same as Barry.

Wally=Barry until Wally goes into the Speed Force....and since he can't do that here, he's exactly the same as barry.

Khellendros
Exactly, Wally can't go faster than light unless he goes into the Speed Force Dimension, which isn't allowed here.

Wally is faster only because of his speed force connection, otherwise, he's the same as Barry.
...That's kinda like saying Superman is only so powerful because of his stored solar energy. Obviously, without it, he'd be screwed, but he does... thus you have the Man of Steel.

long pig
Your point is taken....

But it was stated directly that there is no dimension hopping allowed, that was a drawback of having Wally.

The rules of the tourney basically neutered his ability to go FTL.

I mean, if we can go to other dimensions, then I'd like to know for myself so I can use it for my advantage.
Do you think we can, Khell?

Khellendros
Your point is taken....

But it was stated directly that there is no dimension hopping allowed, that was a drawback of having Wally.

The rules of the tourney basically neutered his ability to go FTL.

I mean, if we can go to other dimensions, then I'd like to know for myself so I can use it for my advantage.
Do you think we can, Khell?
Not a clue, I didn't start the tournament. I posted my vote and my reasons and am starting to overstep bounds by debating this in this thread.

Scoobless

Quasars flight ability allows him to go faster than light without worrying about the speed force.... either way, Thordon is faster and you've shown virtually no usage of speed abilities in earlier prep our earlier rounds..... Thordon has made much more use of speed than.... (what was the name again? confused )

Unless we CAN go into other dimensions, then of course that's where my body will be shunted while I'll stay in this plane only in Astral Form.

and i'll use the hammer to locate it and go destroy it while you return in your Astral form

Scoobless
How will you see me? I'd be im Astral Form....Quasar can't see Astral form. You'd be too busy trying to figure out which is the real Strange of all the illusions, which none of them will be.

Did you forget I'm in Astral plane?

no... i'm just going for the physical body
What exactly are you hitting? You won't see me, you won't see my body and you won't be able to get to it even if you do somehow see it.

wont get to it? because of the time compression? all that does is slow down the attack a little..... it'll still hit it's immobile target, Magical shields cannot stop it.... once it's fired it's only a matter of time until impact (and not much time at that)
We are basically the same speed.
My reactions are backed by Flash, so are yours.

i have the additional intersteller travel speed of Quasar and much more practice with speed abilities
Did you not even read my strategy?
You're not hitting anything. You will see 1000 Stranges attacking you and that's it.

and each one of them will be wasted by a simple quantum construct attack... but as there're a ton of guys attacking i'll go straight for the guy not moving behind the shield
Quasar can't even boost his own strength with the quantum bands, you won't be able to boost your hammer.

i posted it in the last round..... he places a Quantum layering around the hammer's head before throwing... thus enabling it to pass through any magical shielding
Only the seriphem shields may be effected.....it's doubtful that it's true.
The Crimson Bands aren't shields, they are binding forces.

those were merely an example.... and the point is that they carve through magical constructions shields, binding, whatever....
The time compression he put around an atomic countdown clock. It made the clock and everything in its area slowed down and stopped.

the very nature of it being time "compression" means that it doesn't stop time.... just slow it down.... it's easier to make a clock look stopped than an energy wave moving at light speeds.... or beyond
If Flash goes faster than light, he time travels

but Quasar doesn't smile
I still don't even think you will know how to work your hammer.
The people who picked up Mjolnir as was able to use it got a portion of Thor's conciousness from the hammer itself......you only have Quasar's conciousness.

if the hammer delivers that ability then i get it due to possessing the hammer
you won't know who is the real Strange out of all those 1000 illusions...all attacking you.

how about i go for the one that looks like Absorbing Man... instead of all the mental images of Strange

big grin

DigiMark007
How is entering the speed force dimension different than the Astral Plane?

In any case, I think Quasar's beyond-light deals with that efficiently.

I'm going out of town for a couple days so I have to vote now. My vote is Scoobless (making it 2-2 if I counted correctly). Explanation: LP's used Strange brilliantly, and he may have enough to win it, but I honestly think just Thor vs. Strange would be a good fight, and Scoob has pimped out Thor a bit better than "Big Sexy" (that's his name, right?). I may actually be rooting for LP (nothing against Scoob, it's just easier to root against a defending champ) but I have to vote objectively...so my vote goes to Scoob.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Scoob has pimped out Thor a bit better than "Big Sexy"

PIMP!

cool

Dizzle
LP, do you have a second tactic? Your first post said you did, but so far you've stuck to the first one... I'll vote for Scoobless right now. Speed, strength, and a convenient way to bypass the shields, plus the fact that your body is made into an easy target by being immobile.

And I believe you mean "D \/ D"

long pig
He can't see my body, that's the whole point.

The Crystal and my body are invisible.

I got a second strategy but i don't really want to type it all up.stick out tongue

Scoobless
he can see it it or detect it (or anything else) through the quantum bands and Mjolnir.... hell, just the quantum bands.... all he has to do is scan the EM spectrum and look for a blank spot that's being blocked by your body and shield

The King of All

Also, "due to his lengthy rebuttle" is a bit of a suspect reason to vote. If sheer number of words won you fights, I'm pretty sure Sentry would be in this fight right now (or Nat/SF for their 21 page epic battle).

-DM

My mistake, what I meant is that he won me over in what is in the rebuttle, not due to the length of it. With a body of iron, Dr. Strange's magic, and the speed of the flash, I see him taking the win more often than not ( not that scoobless can't win).

I guess this is all kind of moot seeing as how my vote doesn't count, but I felt I should clear up that confusion.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by The King of All
My mistake, what I meant is that he won me over in what is in the rebuttle, not due to the length of it. With a body of iron, Dr. Strange's magic, and the speed of the flash, I see him taking the win more often than not ( not that scoobless can't win).

I guess this is all kind of moot seeing as how my vote doesn't count, but I felt I should clear up that confusion.

Cool...confusion cleared.

And sorry about the vote not counting...but rules are rules. There's another tourney in the works that you'll be able to vote in (or possibly be in too).

The King of All
glad thats clear now... and I'll just wait 'till my vote does count, rules are rules, as you say

long pig
You won't see it.

You won't see it there in the first place.
And it'll compress your blasts to where it nearly stops.

Intersteller is the key word.
On Earth, Quasar have never went above sound.

Can't waste something that isn't there.

You won't see the guy not moving behind the magical construct that you can't see.

Post all you want, doesn't make it true.

The quantum layering might get through, not the hammer.

Nope.
There is no proof of either. The fan site just assumed.

Not according to the rules, so unless you want to win by cheating....

You won't see it.

You can't work mjolnir, you can't detect magic, you can't see the astral form.

long pig
How is entering the speed force dimension different than the Astral Plane?

In any case, I think Quasar's beyond-light deals with that efficiently.
-DM

Astral form doesn't leave the battle field. Going into another Dimension does.

Quasar can't reach lightspeed except in space, so unless that's where we are, he ain't reaching lightspeed.

Quasar can't see or even ditect an Astral form, and he has no control over the hammer, what exactly can he do other than be blasted from a being he can't see?

long pig
Here is the one of the many times Strange has hid from sensors while in Astral form.
This time he's in the Avengers mansion attempting to steal the Darkhold.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5563/aavengers0mm.th.jpg

Scoobless
You won't see it.

yes i will
it'll compress your blasts to where it nearly stops.

no, it'll only slow it down a little.... and it'll still hit (just might take a second or two rather than a microsecond)
Intersteller is the key word.
On Earth, Quasar have never went above sound.

he never had the reaction speed for it before.... but he clearly can go that fast
Post all you want, doesn't make it true.

it's a very simple attack.... quantum layer over the hammer... which will rip a hole in the shield allowing the hammer to pass with no loss of momentum..... it may not be "true" as in - it's never been done before....(as the character doesn't actually exist in Marvel) doesn't mean it wont work
The quantum layering might get through, not the hammer.

see above
The fan site just assumed.

the FAN site....

"Everything There Is To Know About Quasar's Quantum-Bands
by Mark Gruenwald "

http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_the_scenes/everything_quantum-bands.html

he worked at Marvel for years
You can't work mjolnir, you can't detect magic, you can't see the astral form.

i can work Mjolnir, i can detect magic and i don't need to see the astral form

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

here's a little pic i made of both Namor and Iron Man detecting Strange in Astral form

it also shows Strange being knocked out when he strains himself.... and commenting to the effect that he's a lot weaker when in his astral form.... all the spells you have him performing and keeping up simultaneously will put a hell of a strain on him..... i seriously doubt he could maintain the workload you've placed on him without his physical bodies energies to back him up... and even then he'd be struggling

it also shows Namor snapping the bands of Cyttorak.... if he can do it Thordon definitely can

cool

long pig
Nope.
You still haven't proved a single way of how.

Possibly, too bad you won't know where it's at.

That isn't how it works, and you know it.

Quantum and magic pass through each other, they don't rip holes.

No you can't.
And yes you do.

Remember, just because you say something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you want to believe it.

Wow, you found a pic where someone sees Strange when he wills himself to be seen. Good one. It has nothing to do with your argument.

I have scans of Strange saying "No one can see me unless I will it so." In the same book he has to will himself visible to a sorcerer who is almost as good as the ancient one.

So, sorry you're wrong....again.

You didn't seem to show the rest....I wonder why? hmmm....cuz Strange was in Namors mind at the time and it caused a psychic backlash knocking Strange out. Namor didn't break them until Strange was K.O'd.

Anyways, Thordon wouldn't be of sound enough mind to even try to break them.

Scoobless
Nope.
You still haven't proved a single way of how.

considering your argument was "no you wont" i thought "yes i will" was a valid counterpoint.... stick out tongue

i already posted a couple of viable ways for Thordon to see/detect your crystal thingy 1) Mjolnir detects magic, 2)it'll block parts of the EM spectrum and Quasar will know the shape of whatever's there
That isn't how it works, and you know it.

going by the site i provided links for it says Quasar will be "able to slam an energy construct through a mystical shield of Seraphim, for instance"
it doesn't say pass through, "slamming" it through sounds a lot like it'll rip it apart
No you can't.
And yes you do.

yes i can (use Mjolnir).
and no i don't (need to see your astral form).... though if Iron Man's sensors can detect it from a distance so can Quasar
Remember, just because you say something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you want to believe it.

same goes for you..... but i'm getting my info from a Marvel writer
Wow, you found a pic where someone sees Strange when he wills himself to be seen. Good one. It has nothing to do with your argument.

he also seemed very surprised that Namor could detect his astral form at all .... meaning that he isn't completely invisible when he thinks he is.

the other point was that technology could detect him.... not just people.... it has to do with the part where you believe that he can't be seen
I have scans of Strange saying "No one can see me unless I will it so."

to quote yourself "Remember, just because you say something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you want to believe it."

or do believe everything comic characters say about themselves?

because , again, he was surprised that Namor could see him

Strange isn't infallible
You didn't seem to show the rest....I wonder why? hmmm....cuz Strange was in Namors mind at the time and it caused a psychic backlash knocking Strange out. Namor didn't break them until Strange was K.O'd.

actually it looked a lot like Namor breaking them is what caused Strange to be knocked out..... seeing as how the breaking occurs before the passing out

Maestro
Scoobless gets my vote, can't be assed to explain though, take too long.

long pig
Good Game Scoob...can this end now so we can start on the street levelers?

Shit, I think I did friggin awesome using only one character.... laughing

Dizzle
I got a second strategy but i don't really want to type it all up.stick out tongue

So is that a bluff, or is your first strategy the better of the two?

long pig
I had another strategy, but I seriously didn't want to have to switch mid stream.

Basically I was going to absorb into the bands, and run and h2h with Thordon. I had scans that showed him able to deflect attacks that would peirce his shields with his eye and I was going to use personal magic to block Mjolnir. Plus the illusions and mind attacks.

I had a ton of little tid bits that would have been usefull, but it's just taken sooooooooo longggggggggggggggggg.

I think Scoob won this though, he had the best amalgam imho....even from the beginning I dreaded Thordon!

Nataku8188
Well then, are you giving the round to Scoob LP ?

long pig
He won, so yes.

Nataku8188
Scoobless wins, but by default he loses, cause I rule and I win!

Nataku is the champion!

Dizzle
Um... All hail Nataku?

Scoobless
wow... I go offline for something stupid like sleep.... and i come back and it's over...... sweet big grin

(i suppose it did take about 5-6 months..... or more..... overall)

I think Scoob won this though, he had the best amalgam imho....even from the beginning I dreaded Thordon!
lol.... after you picked Strange and coupled him with the Absorbing man, i was like "sh!t.... how the f**k do i fight a guy with that much magical power, without making physical contact with the hammer, which would only make him MORE powerful???.... lol

i seriously didn't know what i was going to say right up til i saw this match posted

even though i voted for you in the semi's i wanted Khell to win because i thought i had a better chance against his guy

big grin

Scoobless
and (possibly) for the last time..... i give you.... your champion

FLASH THORDON

SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE!

p.s.... Respect to Long Pig, Digimark, Khellendros, K Von Doom, Stormfront, Sentry, Scarlet Spider, Gautam..... and anyone else who may have participated in this tournament

thumbsup

and tx to Evangel for starting it.... and tx to whoever it was that finished it...... evil face

DigiMark007
Unpinning...

Congrats Scoob. You'll have a place in the street level tourney if you want it without having to "officially" sign up.

And at least my instincts were correct...I knew LP, Scoob, and Khell's amalgams would be the most troublein the tourney (I was honestly most scared of Khell) but everyone did well.

Scoobless
Congrats Scoob. You'll have a place in the street level tourney if you want it without having to "officially" sign up.

sweet.... i'll take it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.