Magneto Vs All Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SeerQris
Anything short of Force Choking, I say Magneto would exterminate.

DigiMark007
You do realize how many is "all Jedi," right? We're talking thousands, at least, and probably more if we're talking about the Old Republic.

Try to keep Star Wars out of the comic versus forum. Technically they have comic books so it's cool, but trying to quantify the Force compared to other modes of measuring is next to impossible (since, technically, Magneto's EM spectrum powers are nothing compared to the Force, which 'flows through everything').

The Jedi pwn by the way

SeerQris
Its funny that you ask me to keep it out of the forum yet you still add the jedi pwn. heh heh.

Darth Sparhawk
I think that there are Jedi who alone can kill Magneto.

thezenbrawler
well, i think magneto would take thier lightsabers, being metal and all. then, it would come down to force powers. their mind powers wouldnt work because of magnetos helmet. i think the sith would stand a better chance. if somehow the sith were able to remove magnetos helmet, then one might be able to use a sith thought bomb on him. if they had darth plageuis(dont know proper spelling), then he would just be keeping people alive left and right, unless magneto killed him. i think sith probably could, but jedi, no way, unless it was the jedi from the njo( new jedi order ), where it is allowed to use dark side force abilities, because thier philosiphy was that the darkness is in the person, rather than thier being an actual dark side.

jacobo0o
id say magneto has his shield on and he stole there lightsaber and think hes gonna win but...
when all the jedi uses the force at him from all direction his shield gets destroyed and then every bones in his body gets broken and squashed

thezenbrawler
how many we talkin', all the jedi in history of jedi, or jedi at a certain time in starwars U

Darth Sparhawk
NJO Luke can beat him by himself.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You do realize how many is "all Jedi," right? We're talking thousands, at least, and probably more if we're talking about the Old Republic.

Try to keep Star Wars out of the comic versus forum. Technically they have comic books so it's cool, but trying to quantify the Force compared to other modes of measuring is next to impossible (since, technically, Magneto's EM spectrum powers are nothing compared to the Force, which 'flows through everything').

The Jedi pwn by the way
Electromagnetic force "flows through everything". Unified field theory is apparently proven in the MU.

Sheer force of numbers probably overwhelms Magneto though.

Nataku8188
Hey look, lightsabers? Oh wow, those things cut pretty good, good thing they're made of metal and my indomitable will protects me from their force influence!

ImmortalOne
Nataku, what the heck are ya talking about !!

DarkCrawler
They are going to move him with TK? Well, they can try. One X-Wing causes problems, are they going to move a man who controls one of the fundamental forces of universe? Mind control? It only works on WEAK minded, Magneto is all but that. Lightsabers? Go on, try to pass the shield. And they have metal on them.

Magneto controls the iron in their bloodor makes a black hole. End of fight.

Darth Sparhawk
The most powerful jedi just will crush him with the Force...

DigiMark007
Exar Kun could destroy planets with the Force. Not kidding. Granted, he was Sith, so if its only Jedi he doesn't count. But thousands of Jedi banded together to take out Kun. They'd do the same to Magneto. Since the thread is non-specific, I'd assume we're talking about all Jedi from the Old and New Republics...no 'just movie Jedi' crap.

And no, an X-Wing isn't a problem...just in the movies (not say anything of other past incidents) we have Yoda hurling Senate pods around with the Emperor like they're in a pinball machine. The slow X-Wing movement was just for show.

And not all lightsabers have metal. Sure, most do, but it's specific to the Jedi. One had a bone handle on her l-saber, and they aren't limited to just metal.

Juntai
Luke would smash him.
Later in the series, after the movies, Luke is like a god.

Darth Sparhawk
Exactly. Some people underestimate the power of the Force...

Nataku8188
Some people underestimate the power to stop the planet and reverse it's polarity, thus throwing all the jedi into space.

SeerQris
Ok I want to widdle it down to just Luke And Darth Vadar on Magneto... MAGNETO WINS@@@@

SeerQris
Magneto Would Deliever Luke and Darth to hell, and swiftly.

Juntai
How? Luke controls the building block of the universe like a plaything.

SeerQris
How? Magneto controls the iron deposits in lukes blood stream. Merely tearing him to pieces is a good start. Hope luke doesnt come into battle with his light sabre handy, cuz it will merely be turned on and used against him.

SeerQris
Luke SkyWalker vs Magneto.... Luke Skywalker losses.

Juntai
I don't think he could do it. A jedi is the lord and master of his own body. They have complete control of every aspect of it. This is how they eject poisons, disease and objects from their body. And to take control of the lightsaber, he'd still need to outwill Luke. You guys don't even begin to fathom how powerful Luke is later on. He doesn't even need to hold the saber at all. He can wield and direct it with the power of the force alone. Like that other guy was saying, EXAR KUN was a Sith powerful enough to destroy a planet, and noone, Sith or Jedi, is even remotely close to Luke.

Nataku8188
That's great and all, but Magneto can just ya know, stop the earth from spinning and reverse it's polarity. That would hurl everything on the earth off, including Jedi.

Juntai
How could he do that when the power of the universe already crushed his brain?

Nataku8188
Has it? No, it hasn't. You know all Star wars fiction, besides the movies, isn't considered Canon, correct?

Juntai
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Has it? No, it hasn't. You know all Star wars fiction, besides the movies, isn't considered Canon, correct? The books aren't canon?
Who made this up, you?
It's considered continuity.

Juntai
Lucas is the one who let the series continue, and it is considered the continuuity of the star wars universe. His only contingency for this was that Luke is unstoppable and unkillable, other than that, do whatever.

SeerQris
ROFL. It doent matter what force Luke uses to keep his light sabre. Magneto has cominion over metal. Luke would find his LightSabre deep in his ass, in mere moments.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Juntai
The books aren't canon?
Who made this up, you?
It's considered continuity.

Is that why Lucas said they weren't canon? Right? RIGHT?

Look at the prequel stuff that came out before Episode 1-3, a lot of that was wrong/off.

Juntai
Is that why Lucas said they weren't canon? Right? RIGHT?

Look at the prequel stuff that came out before Episode 1-3, a lot of that was wrong/off.
Oh but guess what, Lucas didnt write 1-3 either
They were written by RA Salvatore, and the guy who does the Shinara books.
OHHHHHHHHHH, but they ALSO not only wrote the BOOKS
BUT THE MOVIE SCRIPTS TOO!

Oh, so they must not be Canon either huh?

Show proof.

electric tiger
man ya'll are a bunch of cocksuckers

Nataku8188
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/continuity.html

SeerQris
ROFL

Juntai

Metalmanx
Exar Kun could destroy planets with the Force. Not kidding. Granted, he was Sith, so if its only Jedi he doesn't count. But thousands of Jedi banded together to take out Kun. They'd do the same to Magneto. Since the thread is non-specific, I'd assume we're talking about all Jedi from the Old and New Republics...no 'just movie Jedi' crap.

And no, an X-Wing isn't a problem...just in the movies (not say anything of other past incidents) we have Yoda hurling Senate pods around with the Emperor like they're in a pinball machine. The slow X-Wing movement was just for show.

And not all lightsabers have metal. Sure, most do, but it's specific to the Jedi. One had a bone handle on her l-saber, and they aren't limited to just metal.

I understand what you're saying about the lightsaber handles, but you seem to forget that they have electrical components and circuitry inside, no matter if it has a bone handle or not. Anything metal/metallic in those lightsabers at all and Magneto has complete control over them. And I've seen what lightsabers are made of, so I know that somewhere in there, even if the outside is covered in plastic, that there will be more than enough metallic substance for him to control.

Just wanted to point that out. I'm not sure who wins yet.

DigiMark007
SW threads always end up like this, because either the Force is given too much credit or too little.

Luke and Vader would lose. Even later in the books, Luke is hardly a god, and there's plenty of younger Jedi that would whup him heads-up (Kyp Durron and even the recent Jacen Solo pop to mind immediately). Magneto has a lot more practice doing crazy-powerful-killing stuff than Luke or Vader has crushing the skulls of people as powerful as Magneto.

That said, a large contingent of Jedi (with or without lightsabers) would crush Mags. The combined Force might would simply destroy him, and even trying to take away their l-sabers might not work because it would be Mags control over magnetic stuff vs. the Jedis' telekinesis, which can be quite powerful. He might get one or two lightsabers, but a dozen or so Jedi would be too much. And reversity polarity of the planet would take time and concentration...he won't just snap his fingers and make it happen.

Juntai
SW threads always end up like this, because either the Force is given too much credit or too little.

Luke and Vader would lose. Even later in the books, Luke is hardly a god, and there's plenty of younger Jedi that would whup him heads-up (Kyp Durron and even the recent Jacen Solo pop to mind immediately). Magneto has a lot more practice doing crazy-powerful-killing stuff than Luke or Vader has crushing the skulls of people as powerful as Magneto.

That said, a large contingent of Jedi (with or without lightsabers) would crush Mags. The combined Force might would simply destroy him, and even trying to take away their l-sabers might not work because it would be Mags control over magnetic stuff vs. the Jedis' telekinesis, which can be quite powerful. He might get one or two lightsabers, but a dozen or so Jedi would be too much. And reversity polarity of the planet would take time and concentration...he won't just snap his fingers and make it happen.

The Solo kid died recently, and Luke had to return to save everyone again. Monsters that couldn't be sensed by the Force...Luke is documented over and over and over again in the series as BY FAR the strongest of the Jedi, new or old. He's the SUPREME.

DigiMark007
Oh, and the books are continuity. Nothing was written about Episodes 1-3 until the recent movies so none of it contradicts with the films. Texts concerning the Old Republic (thousands of years before anything in the movies) and the continuation of the series (with Luke/Leia's kids, Thrawn, etc.) all the way to the recent war with the Yuzhan Vong (sic?) is considered canonical material.

hoorayforpeepee
magneto's shield could hold off the combined force crush long enough for him to send all of their lightsaber's swirling through the crowd of jedi, killing them all. and that's just one way to win.

you guys do know that it doesn't have to be ferrous for magneto to control it, right?

and digimark, NJO luke versus durron and solo would be a better match if he was fighting them both at once. otherwise i doubt it would be much of a sweat for luke.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Juntai
The Solo kid died recently, and Luke had to return to save everyone again. Monsters that couldn't be sensed by the Force...Luke is documented over and over and over again in the series as BY FAR the strongest of the Jedi, new or old. He's the SUPREME.

The Solo kid that died was Anakin, not Jacen. And during that same series (the war with the Vong) it's even stated that in terms of pure Force power, Kyp is stronger than Luke (during a bit where he uses the Force to deflect something away from his X-Wing). And at the very end, Luke fights the 'false leader' of the Vong, and loses, while Jacen takes on the true leader and becomes "One with the Force" where there isn't a light or dark side, to beat him. Luke only lives because Jacen makes his tears into an antidote for Luke. If there's a Supreme, it's Jacen (or, if we want to dig into the annals, it's Exar Kun, the Sith who could destroy planets with the Force).

I'm not saying they'd have an easy win against Luke, just that there's other Jedi capable of hanging with him and possibly beating him.

manjaro
magneto: SUPER ROBOT MONKEY TEAM BLACK HOLE POWERS GO!!!!!

Jedi: NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! (screams) AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA!!!1

Richrf
The jedi have problems with a couple of funky aliens using biotech. That tells all you need about their level. superman could smash those aliens to bits before breakfast

Darth Sparhawk
Some people underestimate the power to stop the planet and reverse it's polarity, thus throwing all the jedi into space.
With the Force, some people would crush the sun and the whole planet system around it with the whole bunch of pityful mutants, living there.

K3VIL
Magneto open a blackhole on the battlefield, then leaves.

KingDubya
If Magneto went against Darth Bane, Bane would most likely win.

(for those who are asking, a thought bomb destroys all biological signs within a certain radius. Bane survived it, but none know how)

Beat THAT!!

apoc001
If we're talking about EVERY SINGLE jedi then I think Magneto would pee his pants

DigiMark007
Originally posted by apoc001
If we're talking about EVERY SINGLE jedi then I think Magneto would pee his pants

yes

...what I've been saying since post #2

turboman1691
1. Jedi do not manipulate the force on a regular basis. example: obi wan should have been able to force push griveous backward and easily kill him, but didn't.

2. Jedi's control over their bodies does not match magneto's ability to control the iron in their blood. Mags moves objects without breaking a sweat that jedi could not hope move. example: asteroid M (millions of tons)

3. Mind control is worthless because a. Mags is too strong minded and b. Mag's helmet.

4. Mags can fly; jedi cannot fly.

5. Mags is probably more intelligent than any jedi alive since his intelligence seems to reach almost an all-knowing level toward the end of his life.

6. Jedi or sith do not readily destroy planets w/ their minds. If they could do this Sidious would not have spent years building and rebuilding the Death Star.

7. Mags can survive in space. He can simply blast himself to space then destroy whatever planet the jedi are on.

ExtraMision5555
ALL JEDI? magento would crumble, magnus would be overwhelmed by random force powers,and force choke=magnetos demise. But the jedis better not bring thier lightsabers.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by turboman1691
1. Jedi do not manipulate the force on a regular basis. example: obi wan should have been able to force push griveous backward and easily kill him, but didn't.

2. Jedi's control over their bodies does not match magneto's ability to control the iron in their blood. Mags moves objects without breaking a sweat that jedi could not hope move. example: asteroid M (millions of tons)

3. Mind control is worthless because a. Mags is too strong minded and b. Mag's helmet.

4. Mags can fly; jedi cannot fly.

5. Mags is probably more intelligent than any jedi alive since his intelligence seems to reach almost an all-knowing level toward the end of his life.

6. Jedi or sith do not readily destroy planets w/ their minds. If they could do this Sidious would not have spent years building and rebuilding the Death Star.

7. Mags can survive in space. He can simply blast himself to space then destroy whatever planet the jedi are on.

1. Jedi CAN manipulate the Force on a regular basis. Obi-Wan's fight proves nothing except bad plot-induced writing.

2. Iron in blood? Sure, but for thousands of people that are simultaneously trying to kill him. He might kill a dozen or so before he's overwhelmed with other concerns.

3. They don't need mind control.

4. Jedi can levitate, and they don't need to touch Mags to hurt him with teh Force.

5. More intelligent? Jedi (and the SW universe in general) uses technology that Mags couldn't dream of. Intelligence wouldn't have much to do with the outcome of the fight, unless Mags uses his intelligence to run away.

6. No, Jedi don't single-handedly destroy planets. But Exar Kun did (a former Sith Lord). And thousands could if they wanted to (probably...but even if they couldn't, they're fighting Magneto...not a planet).

7. Destroy a planet from space? Hehe...not likely. Even the great magneto isn't that powerful. And while he's trying to fly up, thousands of competent (and sometimes very powerful) telekinetics will be pulling him back down. He isn't getting to space.

...and with the lightsabers, it's Magneto's magnetic powers vs. Jedi's telekinesis. Mags might beat a dozen or so in the lightsaber tug of war, but he'll have too much to worry about to simply rape the Jedi.

For about the 10th time...this is ALL Jedi! Even if you're a Mags fan and you don't like SW, show some respect. A dozen or so Jedi could give him a decent fight (maybe not win...just a fight). This is overkill.

jplatinum
Reg magneto loses,
Godlike magneto kills all.

O.D Geist
u guyz bring up force choke right but yet Vadar not once did it to obi or an other jedi why is that, more than half your powers wouldnt even work on Magneto. Luke tried to do the jedi mind trick on jaba the hut and it didnt work and luke is the son of od Vadar. Jedi's get finish with guyz with gunnz and rope come on man.

jplatinum
"Jedi's get finish with guyz with gunnz and rope come on man."

Not to be rude, but what the **** are you talkin' bout, man?

O.D Geist
bounty hunters my friend

Richrf
If we are talking about magneto standing around and getting whacked by thousands and thousands, you probably don't even need jedi. Eventually magneto is going to get tired.

zachrivard
magento is going down
way too many jedi

ExtraMision5555
If your supporting magento in this battle, your blind and are probably under some sort of jedi mind trick

Spelljammer
I'm sorry, but even if we're talking video game/movie jedi which are far more realistic and (heheheh..) "down to Earth".. And as much as I like Magneto, there's just no way he can win.. You're bassicaly saying Magneto versus half of the SW universe.. (I always said there was too many jedi..)

Richrf
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I'm sorry, but even if we're talking video game/movie jedi which are far more realistic and (heheheh..) "down to Earth".. And as much as I like Magneto, there's just no way he can win.. You're bassicaly saying Magneto versus half of the SW universe.. (I always said there was too many jedi..)

Doesn't even have to be jedi. Millions of marines could eventually take magneto too.

K3VIL
Magneto can open a blackhole, what are the Jedi going to do then?
Magneto's strongest force field withstood attacks from MJOLNIR, remember what's Mjolnir?Thor's hammer.
Magneto can just emit an Omni Beam like that of Iron Man blasting them with various wavelenghts of energy and kill them all.
He can just increase gravity stucking them to the ground.
Both Jedi and Sith need to be focused on the fight to use their powers.
How can you focus if 1000 or more metallic spikes are storming in the battlefield at half of the speed of sound?Or gravity is so increased you can't even blink and breath
Magneto can even control weather, what about lightning bolts striking the battefield near every single Jedi?
Plus with his helmet, telepathy doesn't work, no mind tricks, no chances to know what he's gonna do.
Asteroid M was powered up and moved from MAGNETO himself, same was for Avalon.
Understand it?
This guy is like Graviton, a force of the nature.
A Sith was able to destroy a planet?
Are there proofs of it or it's just speculation?
Maggy has facts, and can do what I'm saying, the man is too much powerful for the Jedi, someone that can contain and absorb Nuclear Strikes like when he did before fighting Joseph must not be underrated.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by K3VIL
Magneto's strongest force field withstood attacks from MJOLNIR, remember what's Mjolnir?Thor's hammer.
Magneto can just emit an Omni Beam like that of Iron Man blasting them with various wavelenghts of energy and kill them all.
How can you focus if 1000 or more metallic spikes are storming in the battlefield at half of the speed of sound?Or gravity is so increased you can't even blink and breath
Magneto can even control weather, what about lightning bolts striking the battefield near every single Jedi?
Plus with his helmet, telepathy doesn't work, no mind tricks, no chances to know what he's gonna do.
Understand it?
Maggy has facts, and can do what I'm saying, the man is too much powerful for the Jedi, someone that can contain and absorb Nuclear Strikes like when he did before fighting Joseph must not be underrated.

sad No love for the Jedi....none at all. Thousands, man...thousands.

And yeah, look up Exar Kun (a Sith Lord). Took out a planet by himself. If I could name the source I would, but it's been a long time.

Darth_Janus
Understand it?

Damn, denial is a rough river to ride on.

DigiMark is right... That many Force users would destroy Magneto, who wouldn't know what the hell they are in the first place. And anything major Magneto does will take time and probably kill him.

ImmortalOne
GIve some respect to SW man !!!

But still Maggy wins !!!

chucktaylor
Magneto. I agree with K3VIL.

turboman1691
Inside his force field, Mags cannot be harmed. He could simotaneously activate all their lightsabers and use them against themselves. While creating giant fissures in the earth, causing massive storms, using their own weapons against them, altering gravity, etc. this fight wouldn't be a test of endurance. It wouldn't take Mags more than a couple of hours of erradicate them all.

This would have been like 10,000 english soldiers attacking a nearly impenetrable spanish castle with no catapults or battering rams to open the doors of the castle. They simply coudln't do any damage to anything inside the castle. It is just a matter of time, before they are all filled w/ arrows.

Orestes
It's an interesting question, in a way: COULD they eventually overwhelm him? Obviously, despite the occasional person gushing about jedi killing planets (yeah, right -- once again, that's no doubt why Sidious needed Death Stars), when of course jedi aren't even close to that powerful ... still, numbers count for a lot.

But so does mobility. Magneto has flight, as was pointed out before, whereas the jedi do not. If he needs a breather, he can leave anytime he likes and come back when it suits HIM (as opposed to when the jedi are also ready again). How would they prevent him from doing so?

And ANYthing metal -- not just what the jedi are carrying, but also anything else -- is a weapon. He could rip a swarm of nails out of some nearby construction and turn them into the equivalent of a claymore mine ... repeatedly. He could use the accumulated iron torn from their lifeless bodies to form ball bearings that he could then whip around in violent whirlwinds right along with the lit lightsabers he's doing the same thing with, shredding the bodies of the still-living.

And it doesn't take a lot of thought to realize that he could easily erect obstruction to impede the jedi if it became necessary for some reason.

He ... just has too many ways to win. Magneto could theoretically be beaten in this fight, but it's really HIS fight to lose.

People keep forgetting how powerful jedi AREN'T. Seeing how even in heavyweight battles like Yoda vs. Dooku and Yoda vs. Sidious, their powers top out at really low-level telekinesis ... that tells you all you need to know. wink

Edit: The only thing I can think of the jedi MAYBE doing is using Force Choke -- ALL of them at once or something. Since it has no range limitation (as I understand it), that might work. Of course, Light-Side jedi wouldn't do this ...

Edit #2: Also, don't confuse what the Force can theoretically do with what Force-users can do. Theoretically, magic in many magic-containing worlds is also limitless, but that doesn't mean that the power of spellcasters who use it is.

DigiMark007
I seem to be the last defender of the Jedi (even though they barely belong in this forum anyway). But this is fun so I'll continue.

No, Sidious can't destroy planets, and not many can. But, remember the thread title...we're still talking about ALL Jedi, including one who can (Exar Kun).

Here we get into some power discussions. The Jedi can pull him down with TK, and even if it is low-to-mid level TK, multiply it by thousands (probably tens of thousands) and you've got a force (pun intended) that will keep Magneto grounded.

Same deal. First it assumes that there'll be metal around, and also that the Jedi can't resist it. Will Mags pull some lightsabers away and kill some Jedi with nails and whatever else is around?? Yes, of course. But will he kill all of them before the Jedi mount an assault?? Not even close. If all the Jedi have to do is block a few nails from hitting them, none of them will be dying that quickly...and even Mags doesn't have enough power to rip thousands of lightsabers away from trained telekinetics.

Using what? Apparently the fight is in a used-metal junkyard....because I don't see how this would happen in a normal setting. And it still wouldn't be anything a lightsaber couldn't get through.

That's because you're only using the movies (and the books are canon, so I can go here). By Old Republic standards (thousands of years before the movies) Yoda is just an average Jedi....that's right, I went there. Same with Sidious. They're the most powerful around that we see in the films, but hundreds of Sith Lords would give Sidious a run for his money, and many would win handily.

Numbers count for a lot...a group of about 50 Jedi, each of whom is less powerful than, say, Yoda, worked together and moved a Star Destroyer in one of the books. Star Destroyers...those things that are the size of cities. Mags would be getting thrown around like a rag doll before he got done with his opening sinister monologue.

-DM cool

Orestes
Well now see, I wonder about that. I don't know much about Exar Kun at all, in fact, but I DO know a little bit about how character abilities get overblown (Batman is perhaps the worst offender, but there are plenty of others). So I did a check on the Star Wars Databank about him, and all I saw about planet-destroying was this phrase: "His followers triggered ancient technologies that detonated the stars of the Cron Cluster, wiping out entire worlds and searing the surface of Ossus."

Is that what you mean? Because the way you describe it, it sounds like he just glared at a planet and made it go "boom" ... but then if he could do that, why would he need his followers to "trigger ancient technologies"?

Sounds to me a lot like he needed his own version of a Death Star ...

Maybe ... maybe not. It's difficult to quantify this exactly, but it's theoretically possible. Of course, since they can't all be attacking him this way at once (line of sight!), he could still rip apart the front lines and then duck away again as the TK holding him down vanishes. Too many people at once can actually hinder each other as much as help. It becomes one big friggin' Charlie Foxtrot ... especially with whirlwinds of metal death spinning through the ranks like giant lawnmowers ...

Why wouldn't there be? There's at least trace metal almost anywhere you happen to be. There's iron in your BLOOD, and that's all Mags needs. It's not like he needs a construction site to get enough metal to work with.

Resist it how? When the most powerful among them are barely low-end telekinetics and most of them aren't even remotely THAT powerful?

... and the iron from being stripped from their blood, and their own sabers from being swung at them, and all trace metals in the area surging up to attack them ... etc. ...

Most of them will be mere cannon fodder. The only ones we've even named are Yoda, Sidious, Luke and Exar, and those are WAAAAY beyond normal jedi levels.

Well, that may be. It's hard to say.

The reason I decided Mags would win is because unlike the jedi, he has the ability to enter or exit the battlefield at will. He has mobility ... and that counts for a LOT. And it's been mentioned, too, that if he REALLY got serious, he could turn the entire PLANET against the jedi by screwing with gravity. I think that's a little more than they can really fight back against. wink

K3VIL
Magneto's control over EM Spectrum and Magnetism will make Jedi/Sith telekinesis looking like a freak show, a joke.
This man can levitate things like Avalon or Asteroid M, and use his powers to power up them, both Avalon and Asteroid M where island size objects.
SW telekinesis my socks.
Magneto will just snap his finger, make the crystals in the Jedi/Sith sabers explodes or send the sabers short circuit, bye bye Jedi, bye bye Sith.
What about creating an omnidirectional blast of heat that will destroy them?If he can melt steel, he'll reduce them to ashes.Or what about a black hole teleporting them into space?
Jedi and Sith only have telekinesis against him.
And that's not a menace I can tell you.
Magneto was able to STOP and THROW Mjolnir against Thor, using his control over magnetism.
His force fields can be so powerful that almost any attack will not get through them.The blood trick is a last chance attack Erik doesn't need.
He could just make the ground open and make them fall into it, or create a lightning storm plus a blizzard of metal spikes and object.
What about blasting them with so much electricity to power up a city?
The Jedi are just way out of their league.

DigiMark007
Mags can't just blink and switch polarity of a planet, and I have the example of Jedi moving a friggin Star Destroyer when there was only about 50 of them. Somehow that should be enough, and no more Jedi using TK doesn't hinder anything...the Star Destroyer incident is proof enough of that.

Even your average Jedi can lift a ton with TK, so we're talking about tens of thousands of tons of telekinetic force coming down on Mags whe all of them are involved.

And the EM spectrum does indeed cover a lot...but the Force is Everything, including the EM spectrum. Simply assuming that Mags' powers supercede the Jedis' powers is to value the part more than the whole.

DigiMark007
Yeah, the Exar Kun things are rather vague. The "technologies" spoken of are merely repositories of stored Sith Lord power that Kun channeled to help him destroy stuff. Technically it was a part of him, though I suppose the case could be made that his "base power" is less than that (though he was still probably the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever). It's been forever since I read his stuff, but that's the gist of it.

Even without him, my argument doesn't change.

Orestes
Trouble is, aside from superior battlefield mobility, Mags also has the advantage that he can't get in his own way.

I mean, 10,000 jedi? As the bodies pile up, they're going to be tripping over one another, stumbling into lit lightsabers spinning around wildly in mid-air like berserk propellers, pushed from behind and in front simultaneously as the mass of bodies surges this way and that in desperate bids to avoid inescapable death ... blinded by the massive sprays of blood getting in their eyes, slipping and stumbling over the intestines and kidneys and such strewn about ...

Will any of them even be able to draw a BEAD on Magneto after the first few minutes? smile)

Count on at least a few hundred to die just from being accidentally trampled by their own allies in that massive CF.

Orestes
I'll take one person who has essentially total mastery over the EM spectrum over 10,000 people who can barely sort of just slightly use "everything" (and actually, they can't -- light-side jedi can generally only use light-side powers, and dark-side jedi can generally only use dark-side powers ... even if they try the other side of it, they can't do it very well at all).

Again, it really doesn't matter how powerful the Force might theoretically actually be. Magneto isn't trying to beat the Force itself -- only some people who can kind of sort of tap into it a little tiny bit.

DigiMark007
Even your average Jedi can lift a ton with TK, so we're talking about tens of thousands of tons of telekinetic force coming down on Mags when all of them are involved.

Felt it deserved repeating. Not sure how Mags would do anything once this started happening, which would be in the opening seconds of the fight. It would basically be like a few hundred pissed off Hulk's trying to kill him at the same time.

The epic, body-laden, lightsaber battle you envision probably wouldn't even need to happen. Though the lightsaber is the adamantium (i.e. indestructible) of the SW universe, and Mags won't be ripping them away from thousands of trained telekinetics. If he can't fly because the Jedi are pulling him down (a very real possibility) he'll be boned in a hurry.

Oh, or we could use the X beat Y = Z theory....Go see the Magneto vs. Hulk thread that made it to a few dozen pages. I'd vote Mags, but it's a good fight. Then check out one of many Yoda vs. Hulk threads. A few think Hulk, but the majority go with the little green dude. Yoda's a tiny fraction of the force (pun intended) against Mags here.

Orestes
They're wrong anyway. A dozen Yodas working together couldn't beat Hulk unless he's been taking valium. Yoda vs. Hulk is one of the dumbest threats ever -- on par with my own Harley vs. Thor -- and only serves to show how outlandishly overrated jedi have become.

DigiMark007
Scenario 1: Yoda dangles him motionless in the air (which isn't outlandish...an X-Wing weighs more than Hulk) and holds him him there while sending him soothing thoughts until he reverts back to Banner.

Scenario 2: Yoda jumps around, using the Force as pre-cog to avoid Hulk, and slices his head off with a lightsaber. Adamantium can pierce Hulk, so can a lot of other stuff, and a LS would too. He's got a great healing factor, but a head-lopping would prove too much.

...not so outlandish....not to mention the fact that of the three possible deaths for Magneto I offered in the last post, only one of them (and, to be honest, the easiest to attack) was refuted.

Orestes
Scenario 1: Yoda dangles him motionless in the air (which isn't outlandish...an X-Wing weighs more than Hulk) and holds him him there while sending him soothing thoughts until he reverts back to Banner.

Scenario 2: Yoda jumps around, using the Force as pre-cog to avoid Hulk, and slices his head off with a lightsaber. Adamantium can pierce Hulk, so can a lot of other stuff, and a LS would too. He's got a great healing factor, but a head-lopping would prove too much.

...not so outlandish.

Decapitation? Hulk has a healing factor superior to Wolverine's -- couldn't he perhaps regenerate from even that?

Also bear in mind that he doesn't have to actually hit Yoda. He could just stomp the ground or do a hand-clap and win, as neither can be dodged. A sufficiently enraged Yoda could hit Yoda dead-on regardless of his precognition, using sheer speed ... but it wouldn't be necessary.

Scenario 1 would be possible if Hulk wasn't already too ticked off. Beyond a certain point, it wouldn't work at all and would probably only anger him further, even. Not to mention he'd probably resist the attempt.

Yoda might survive a barely angry Hulk ... but that's it.

DigiMark007
Well, we've strayed off topic, but it seems we're at odds regardless of which one we're debating on. I still have a couple other possible Magneto deaths from a few posts ago (besides the X+Y=Z thing), but we're on different levels of how we interpret Jedi power. So, well fought and all, but I can't say anything new that I haven't dealt with throughout this thread.

Milkie
Up

DigiMark007
Ha. I loved this thread! Even though Jedi technically aren't allowed on this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
Wow, I'm surprised this didn't get more heat. I think if Magneto were to win he'd either have to pull every trick out of the bag or do something cheap like throwing the planet into a star, bombard it with asteroids, ignite a ton of volcanos, or siphon all the heat off the planet so they all freeze. Or all of the above.

DigiMark007
^^ Right. Which is why I pulled for the Jedi so hard in this fight. It's pretty inconceivable unless you believe Mags can do every high-end feat simultaneously all while the Jedi job horribly.

bean_machine
I do smile wink

He-guy88
i say mag would last a long time but i dont think he'ed win not aginst all those jedi

Swanky-Tuna
Ha, Janus posted in this thread. I cheesed off him, among others, by whoring time travel so bad in the Star Trek vs Star Wars thread on the SW board. And also poked fun at his cheesy "bad guy" names and his homophobia, hence the sig.

DigiMark007
Go read nearly any post I made in this thread...there really shouldn't be an argument here. Thousands of Jedi. Thousands.

Mags can be pretty uber...I'm willing to admit that. But he's beyond boned in this fight.

He-guy88
Go read nearly any post I made in this thread...there really shouldn't be an argument here. Thousands of Jedi. Thousands.

Mags can be pretty uber...I'm willing to admit that. But he's beyond boned in this fight.

agree'ed

grey fox

Couldn't he just simply control the iron in all their bodies, instinctively shutting them down.

juggernaut66666
magneto steals their lightsabers and kills them withit or he just creates a wormhole and throws them in it or The blood version what grey fox said

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by grey fox
Couldn't he just simply control the iron in all their bodies, instinctively shutting them down.
It's be rough. While he's trying to do that he'll have thousands of force users pulling him down into the swarm of glowey lightsabers. It'd kind of be like Mirko Cro Cop fighting a statium of cats.

ExtraMision5555
this was such an amazing thread, rofl

Blanka
magneto

Stupid Rookie
People who have read the books following Return of the Jedi know that Luke would destroy Magneto without much effort. Luke is basically a god.

ExtraMision5555

The Jedi pwn by the way

newavenger13
magneto wins 10/10

Darth Martin
Eric Lensherr is a deadman.

Jesse7
DN Luke from the EU SW books would completely Destroy Mags, as well as Naga Shadow would and Martha Ragnos.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Jesse7
DN Luke from the EU SW books would completely Destroy Mags, as well as Naga Shadow would and Martha Ragnos. yes

manorastroman
it all depends on if the force could effect the inside of his shield. it would be pretty fuggin tough for jedi to break it, and he could pick them off at leisure.

invisiblewoman
magneto would take control of their lightsabers via their metalic handles and cut all the jedi in half with their own weapons, with a wave of his hand

rotiart
He'd send out an electromagnetic pulse that destroys the devices in the sword handles that hold those gems in place...

Imagine a bunch of Yodas running around shooting bolts of lightning at magneto.

If the jedi tried to jump him all at once... and assuming magneto doesn't get mindtricked... he wins.. forcefield... massive pulse... shards of metal flying everywhere...

If the jedis come in waves though... all the jedi.. the whole planet full... well god damn.. magneto is an old man.. he'll die from the strain of staying awake for days at a time.

K3VIL
Magneto opens a black hole, surround himself in a force field, fly up in the air, watch the Jedi dying while they are transported in the space.
Magneto emit a gravitational field crushing all the Jedi on the ground.
Magneto emits an electrical burst all around himself and K.O. the Jedi.
Magneto lift various spaceship, take control of them and kill the Jedi.
Do I need to go on?

galan7777777
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
magneto would take control of their lightsabers via their metalic handles and cut all the jedi in half with their own weapons, with a wave of his hand laughing

jollyjim311
Magneto opens a black hole, surround himself in a force field, fly up in the air, watch the Jedi dying while they are transported in the space.
Magneto emit a gravitational field crushing all the Jedi on the ground.
Magneto emits an electrical burst all around himself and K.O. the Jedi.
Magneto lift various spaceship, take control of them and kill the Jedi.
Do I need to go on?

Magneto is good, and I see where you're coming from, but, NJO-LOTF Jedi are incredible. Both Luke and Kyp Durron have shown the ability to control black holes. Luke has shown attacks using the force that kill you instantly. LOTF Luke alone would be tough for Magneto. Now add hundreds of thousands of Jedi. Including the likes of Mace, Kyp, Kyle, Yoda etc.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This thread is funny to me. I dont know that much about the jedi besides the movies. But It would only take a couple of the most powerful Jedi to beat Magneto. He can't possibly beat thier combined mind attack powes, Tk, Lighting, and thier uber reflexes. Those guys can move like the flash. I just dont' see how a good argument can be made for magneto beating all the JEDI. Each one Jedi is like a little flash,jean grey, wolverine, black night rolled into one. With a bit of black lighting for good measure. Magneto goes down hard before he throws one magnetic wave.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
This thread is funny to me. I dont know that much about the jedi besides the movies. But It would only take a couple of the most powerful Jedi to beat Magneto. He can't possibly beat thier combined mind attack powes, Tk, Lighting, and thier uber reflexes. Those guys can move like the flash. I just dont' see how a good argument can be made for magneto beating all the JEDI. Each one Jedi is like a little flash,jean grey, wolverine, black night rolled into one. With a bit of black lighting for good measure. Magneto goes down hard before he throws one magnetic wave.

-When did they move like a flash in the movies?
-Exactly how many Jedi's can use Force lightning. I was under the impression only a selected few can do it and only the light side version of it....in EU. Nothing in the movies or original novels whatsoever.
-Tk, you mean like grip, push, pull. Even yoda has to ****ing concentrate just to lift a small fighter ship. They'll need much much more than that.
-Can they do something against him when he's a few hundred feets from the air?

Superspeed? Flash? Honestly, it's like you're basing these jedi's from the games and such.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
-When did they move like a flash in the movies?
-Exactly how many Jedi's can use Force lightning. I was under the impression only a selected few can do it and only the light side version of it....in EU. Nothing in the movies or original novels whatsoever.
-Tk, you mean like grip, push, pull. Even yoda has to ****ing concentrate just to lift a small fighter ship. They'll need much much more than that.
-Can they do something against him when he's a few hundred feets from the air?

Superspeed? Flash? Honestly, it's like you're basing these jedi's from the games and such.

NO i'm not. They jedi did move at super speed. They did it in the first episode I believe. I really don't think that Magneto can beat all of the jedi. It's just rediculous to think that. There is no defense of Magneto at all in this thread. It just isn't. I dont give a damn if the entire Justice league was helping him. He can't beat ALL the jedi's.

Sixth_Winged
NO i'm not. They jedi did move at super speed. They did it in the first episode I believe. I really don't think that Magneto can beat all of the jedi. It's just rediculous to think that. There is no defense of Magneto at all in this thread. It just isn't. I dont give a damn if the entire Justice league was helping him. He can't beat ALL the jedi's.

Funny because i didn't see anything like that. I saw them run amazingly fast in the ship(like movie effect) but flash speed??? hellno'z. Couldn't even pass of as quicksilver.

no chance?
-Why?
-What can the jedi's do to dramatically turn the tides to their favor once Magneto moves out of their reaches. Throw their sabers? Use their basic type low level TK?
-What makes their sabers immune to say, Magneto just ripping out any metal they have?
-Exactly how much strength do the jedi's have to breach his shield. Even 100's of them trying to hack his shield at the same time isn't > or = to even class 100's in Marvel who tried to do that in the past and failed.

I really really fail to see how even several thousands of Jedi could even begin to do damage. It's not like there could be more than 20 trying to breach Mags shield physically with their lightsabers and magneto stupidly staying around the give them chance of the possibility.

Sixth_Winged
Oh and if force speed was really all that jazz, how come we never see it get used to blitz around anyone in a duel in Star Wars?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Funny because i didn't see anything like that. I saw them run amazingly fast in the ship(like movie effect) but flash speed??? hellno'z. Couldn't even pass of as quicksilver.

no chance?
-Why?
-What can the jedi's do to dramatically turn the tides to their favor once Magneto moves out of their reaches. Throw their sabers? Use their basic type low level TK?
-What makes their sabers immune to say, Magneto just ripping out any metal they have?
-Exactly how much strength do the jedi's have to breach his shield. Even 100's of them trying to hack his shield at the same time isn't > or = to even class 100's in Marvel who tried to do that in the past and failed.

I really really fail to see how even several thousands of Jedi could even begin to do damage. It's not like there could be more than 20 trying to breach Mags shield physically with their lightsabers and magneto stupidly staying around the give them chance of the possibility.

Magneto cannot beat all of the jedi's at once. Certainly Luke was Godlike and the force is beyond just magnetism. It is like every thing. He is really simple to beat. The force can pass thru his shield and they can simply stop his heart from beating. Or cut his air off. The electromagnetic field is part of the force as a whole and it would be nothing for it to pass thru his field and shields and get owned.

Sixth_Winged
Magneto cannot beat all of the jedi's at once. Certainly Luke was Godlike and the force is beyond just magnetism. It is like every thing. He is really simple to beat. The force can pass thru his shield and they can simply stop his heart from beating. Or cut his air off. The electromagnetic field is part of the force as a whole and it would be nothing for it to pass thru his field and shields and get owned.

Where do you come up with this "godlikeness" of Luke. He has move a black hole 'once', any other godlike feats? Shit, Magneto can create one solely by his own.

"He is really simply to beat"
Yeah, since when?

The force passing through his shields are merely speculations at best. Heck we've seen dozens of effect that's supposed to pass through Mags shield but doesn't. Guy even affected a phased Shadowcat.

How is he gonna cut off his air? Has he done so in the past creatively having that ability?

EM field is part of the force....So? That doesn't mean anyone who can manipulate them would fold down to a force user. Are the jedi's completely one with the force or have total mastery of it? no.

Those are some serious what-if's.

jollyjim311
This plus hundreds of thousands of Jedi all attacking him with the force at the same time.

Magneto, for all his greatness, will be ripped apart. He's just way too outnumbered.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by jollyjim311
This plus hundreds of thousands of Jedi all attacking him with the force at the same time.

Magneto, for all his greatness, will be ripped apart. He's just way too outnumbered.

That's not godlike and Magneto's feat do overshadow even that. Do we have a definite knowledge of their level? for all we know only a small portion of that would be masters and the rest mere students. That link was link to just jedi's with names, other no-name jedi's tend to be canon fodder to those have. Heck even the list claims some of those mentioned are fanon.

It would be great now if someone can mention a conceivable way of Magneto being overwhelmed by numbers or even affected if he's thousand feet up in the air.

Grimm22
This is ridiculous no expression

Luke Post- Return of the Jedi could take this fight alone

jollyjim311
It'd be close. LOTF Luke? But, Luke, with Kyle, Kyp, Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi Wan? Revan, Dooku, Exar, Ulic (while they are Jedi). They could take Magneto together. Now add hundreds of thousands of Jedi of various power. Jedi own the Hell out of him.

Sixth_Winged
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

How hard is it for people to differentiate between people who can take multiple jedi's and people who can shield themselves from multiple nukes.

The-Judge
the jedis. force chokebig grin

K3VIL
You are putting low/mid level telekinetic users with let's say, near peak human physical stats and light sabers VS a man who control the full EM Spectrum.
Magneto has been able to shut down EVERY single machinery on Earth with a massive EMP.
Let's say, 50'000 or double it Jedi attacks him, tough from what I knew there aren't so much Jedi anyway, think about it:
They charge him, using their powers from range, while those near him goes for the saber fight, Magneto send on short circuit ALL their sabers, making them explode.Then, he rip apart the ground, they fall in a 3 miles fissure.How they can survive this?
Also, he could just fly up into the air, while lifting huge pieces of ground and drop them on the Jedi, who will be busy defending themselves, and then send their brain on short circuit.Or what about staying in his force field, protected, while he just raise the heat around them to the point they begin to melt?
Without concrete proofs of Jedi able to even control black holes as sayed, this fight is a mismatch.

ExtraMision5555
Unfortunately, most of you are sadly mistaken.

Thier is a serious lack of jedi-knoweldge here. Magneto versus THOUSANDS of Jedi's, he is not getting in space, not even close to space. Keep in mind the force runs through everything -- including electro-magnetism. Before magneto can even think of getting into space (perhaps his only chance) He is being pulled down by thousnds of jedis.

The average jedi can lift about 1-2 tons (and keep in mind Jedis in the old republic were on AVERAGE at yodas level, and thats just on average). Now think of the force of all these thousands of jedi's pushing over magnetos head (and through whatever forcefield he may come up with) and you can imagine why magneto simply isint going to do anyhting. Magneto might get, what, 6 or 7 jedi. But Magneto resisting 1,000's of jedi's Force pushing/pulling/mind tricks/force choke? Absolutely not. Mags will be mentally overwhelmed, physically, and perhaps sexually

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Grimm22
This is ridiculous no expression

Luke Post- Return of the Jedi could take this fight alone

K3VIL
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555

Thier is a serious lack of jedi-knoweldge here. Magneto versus THOUSANDS of Jedi's, he is not getting in space, not even close to space. Keep in mind the force runs through everything -- including electricity. Before magneto can even think of getting into space (perhaps his only chance) He is being pulled down by thousnds of jedis.

The average jedi can lift about 1-2 tons (and keep in mind Jedis in the old republic were on AVERAGE at yodas level, and thats just on average). Now think of the force of all these thousands of jedi's pushing over magnetos head (and through whatever forcefield he may come up with) and you can imagine why magneto simply isint going to do anyhting. Magneto might get, what, 6 or 7 jedi. But Magneto resisting 1,000's of jedi's Force pushing/pulling/mind tricks/force choke? Absolutely not. Mags will be mentally overwhelmed, physically, and perhaps sexually
Helmet=Protection from Psionic and Mental assaults
Force Field=Resisted even to Mjolnir's blows, and also grant him to survive space pressure, a less powerful version of Mag, in Exiles was took at escape velocity from King Hyperion in space, and barely manage to shield himself, he was injured, badly, but still alive.
616 Earth Mag will slaughter the Jedi.He is more Jedi than all of them.
He has psychic powers too, and the Force runs through anything, then why the Jedi doesn't rule the Universe, why they don't make whole starships blowing up?
Magneto, in his best showings, is POWERING UP Asteroid M, he make a whole ASTEROID floating in space and control ALL his computer systems.Same for Avalon.Magneto, was able to absorb all the energies released from TWO nuclear strikes, and channel it through his body to battle Joseph, his younger clone, in a fight to death.And you tell me that Jedi are gonna win?
laughing

ExtraMision5555
Helmet=Protection from Psionic and Mental assaults
Force Field=Resisted even to Mjolnir's blows, and also grant him to survive space pressure, a less powerful version of Mag, in Exiles was took at escape velocity from King Hyperion in space, and barely manage to shield himself, he was injured, badly, but still alive.
616 Earth Mag will slaughter the Jedi.He is more Jedi than all of them.
He has psychic powers too, and the Force runs through anything, then why the Jedi doesn't rule the Universe, why they don't make whole starships blowing up?
Magneto, in his best showings, is POWERING UP Asteroid M, he make a whole ASTEROID floating in space and control ALL his computer systems.Same for Avalon.Magneto, was able to absorb all the energies released from TWO nuclear strikes, and channel it through his body to battle Joseph, his younger clone, in a fight to death.And you tell me that Jedi are gonna win?
laughing

Momentus lack of jedi knoweldge. 50 Jedi's moved a Star Destroyer (those big white triangles incase i said the name wrong)
Do you relize these are the size of large Citys? its not hard to imagine what THOUSANDS

KEY WORD

THOUSANDS

I am not being rude i am just trying to emphasize HOW MANY JEDI there are in this fight. So it comes down to this

Magneto is literally struggling to Snatch lightsabers from Jedi, While trying to perhaps fly into space, while perhaps trying to dig up some metal to use, while trying to keep up a force field, while the jedis are pulling him down, force pushing him, mind tricking him, amongst many other things, Magnetos brain would explode from sheer multitasking. Lets be serious. And Keep in mind thir was a Jedi named Exar Kun who could destroy a planet with the force. Not only that thier are some incrdible jedi's litered amongst the thousands of highly skilled jedi's. NO ammount of anything Magneto could do would override T H O U S A N D S of jedi's using the force on him. Its that simple

K3VIL
Sheer multitasking?
He already showed he can do various feats, all he needs, it's his body being ok, without serious injuries, he can do pretty much anything in his powerset.
You can't compare moving a starship to moving an asteroid and meanwhile still using your powers to fight the likes of X-Men and other beings, or absorbing NUCLEAR STRIKES energy.

Crease

Jedi don't move at superspeed...I haven't read any of the NJO stuff, but no where in the comics, movies or books prior to NJO do they move that fast. They do have amazing reflexes, sorta along the line of Spiderman's.

Anyway, as stated by others already, the Jedi take this. There are Jedi/Sith sprinkled thru out their history that could at least stalemate Magnus alone, if not defeat him. Like ExtraMision5555 said, I sense a momentus lack of Force Knowledge here. As powerful as Magnus is, if you place him in the SW Universe with no prep, he could defeat no more than 20 or so powerful Jedi Masters. And that's being generous.

The most powerful Jedi were basically like Jean in X3...if not more powerful.

ExtraMision5555
Sheer multitasking?
He already showed he can do various feats, all he needs, it's his body being ok, without serious injuries, he can do pretty much anything in his powerset.
You can't compare moving a starship to moving an asteroid and meanwhile still using your powers to fight the likes of X-Men and other beings, or absorbing NUCLEAR STRIKES energy.

You cant compare 50 Jedi moving a star destroyer to that? are you sure?

Think about it. Lets do the math

If a mere 50 jedi moved a star destroyer (used to illustrate their combind strength) What do you think Thousands of jedi's are going to do to magneto? Hell, Magneto versus Thousands of jubilee's would be rough. Slightly irrelevant, but the point here is.

Magneto will be struggling wit Thousands

Thousands

Thousands

Thousands

Thousands

Thousands

Thousands

Of jedi, many of them Exceeding the powers of those portrayed in the movies. MANY of them who could probably SOLO Magneto. Magneto will be overloaded before he can reach into his powerset. Try and say Magneto can resist his body being pulled in half, while trying to fly into space with a straight face.

K3VIL
The only burst of superspeed I saw from the Jedi was in the Phatom Menace, when they escape the robots equipped with force fields, and nothing more.Probably they can do it few times cause it drains them, but still, it wasn't much of a feat, compared to what Mag can do.

ExtraMision5555
The only burst of superspeed I saw from the Jedi was in the Phatom Menace, when they escape the robots equipped with force fields, and nothing more.Probably they can do it few times cause it drains them, but still, it wasn't much of a feat, compared to what Mag can do.

this is not a race, this isint a test of reflexes. This is magneto struggling to overcome Thousands

of Jedi's many of then -- once again -- would give mags a run for his money SOLO. Several who could flat out defeat him. Be Serious with yourself, and your family. This is manslaughter

Stupid Rookie

Thier is a serious lack of jedi-knoweldge here. Magneto versus THOUSANDS of Jedi's, he is not getting in space, not even close to space. Keep in mind the force runs through everything -- including electro-magnetism. Before magneto can even think of getting into space (perhaps his only chance) He is being pulled down by thousnds of jedis.

Agreed, 100% Also you really have to think about how powerful luke became post ROTJ. He basically was just pure energy.

In addition, Jedi do have something close to "super speed" Think about their reflexes, deflecting multiple blaster shots per second. They are not the flash, but they move well beyond peak human. Do you not think Mace could beat Captain A in hand to hand? He would know what Captain A was going to do before he did it.

Jedi have somethign close to precog don't they? Mags goes down.

batdude123
this is not a race, this isint a test of reflexes. This is magneto struggling to overcome Thousands

of Jedi's many of then -- once again -- would give mags a run for his money SOLO. Several who could flat out defeat him. Be Serious with yourself, and your family. This is manslaughter

Name ONE jedi that would give Mags trouble. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Magneto would beat ANY Jedi one on one, however all together? They most likely beat him.

juggernaut66666
Magneto increases the gravity so they can't move then he kills them one by one

Sub_Mariner
Magneto Manipulates There Sabers and Sends them all into the Jedis.

juggernaut66666
Well this guy can give him some trouble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyis6k-W_j4

K3VIL
Magneto's powers acts on a too much large scale for the Jedi to compete, and are all well documented.All I read here are facts, without even 1scan of their power feats.
Can Jedi overcome gravity increased by a hundred fold?How?They will be stuck to the ground and Magneto will watch them being helpless.
Jedi can be slayed down from common soldiers with blasters when outnumbered, and you tell me a guy who control magnetism can't.
Yoda's biggest feats are lifting the Wing X ship and those rocks in the fight with Dooku.Show me some concrete facts, than I could, MAYBE, consider, the victory of the Jedi.

DigiMark007
Damn, so much mis-information.

I don't have time to set you all straight right now, but search back to some of my old posts in this thread. Magneto loses this fight. Every time.

juggernaut66666

I don't have time to set you all straight right now, but search back to some of my old posts in this thread. Magneto loses this fight. Every time.
no he doesn't mad but this guy might have a chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyis6k-W_j4

batdude123

Digi, it wouldn't be a curbstomp, but yes the Jedis would win.

juggernaut66666
Hw magneto puts up his shield the they can't harm him

K3VIL
http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/2884/magreflectspsychicpowerandreve.jpg
Jedi are screwed

K3VIL
Magneto drops a mountain on soldiers

rotiart
Okay. So we have Magneto a guy that has resisted telepathic probes... a guy who has never had his forcefield breached by TK or TP.

As far as Jedi's I admit I don't know much... but if it was really as simple as force "attacks"... when the machines had shields up... why even both with your swords... just jedi choke everything...

why.. cause its not as easy as it seem.s.. you presume they bypass forcefields.. I presume they can't.

And in magneto's case, his electromagnetic field is the strongest on earth. Standing up to galactus, thor and even phoenix.

The light sabers would not be piercing through as he can emit a radius of 20 feet... and the metal of the blades could be restricted from entering that space.

Magneto has been shown to absorb the electric bolts of storm... a few electric bolts from jedis would just feed him more energy.

When has a jedi's mind powers disrupted energy fields? absorbed electricity, electromagnetic energy?

What about being unaffected by the most powerful telepath on earth.

lightning bolts, light sabers are of no consequence against magneto... the only hope is that telekinetic energy can pierce magneto's field.. and since its been shown to disrupt that kind. Through sheer force of will he resists jean grey, psylocke and xavier.

The jedi's best bet (as far as I know about them) is to use the jedi force choke, which I have never seen affect another being through a force field.

Btw. as a sheer measure of his power... Remember Asteroid M. The floating rock in space that became magneto's personal home. and that he moved at his will.

batdude123
Infact, if they DID use force lightning, that would just power Magneto up even more. laughing

rotiart
?

I gave the scenario earlier.. if they came in waves... eventually mags would tire... and lose due to the sheer exhaustion.

However he'd take out a large chunk in any means... and the sith come in to finish the job.

DigiMark007
*sigh*

...if I must...

1. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of Jedi. Recall that the thread title says "All" Jedi. That includes every Jedi throughout SW continuity....and there's LOTS (many from the Old Republic days). Possibly in the millions, but I'll be generous. 10,000 or so would be more than enough to do the job (or even less, but for the sake of the argument).

2. I'd refer primarily to an incident in one of the novels (which are within continuity) where about 30 moderately-trained Jedi (and a decent number of relative newbs) moved a Star Destroyer with their TK powers. Yup, that's what I said. Mags has some impressive showings, but magnify that showing by a few hundred times, and it easily equals Mag's energy output.

3. Most Jedi can levitate...messing with gravity won't do Mags much good.

4. Stealing lightsabers? Try again. Again, we're talking about the combined TK powers of thousands of Jedi. Mags could take the lightsabers away from, say, all of us (who don't have the Force) but overcoming that collective TK would be next-to impossible. It also assumes that lightsabers are all made with metal, which is flat-out false.

5. Lightsabers are the SW equivalent of admantium. Powerful, indestructible, can break through anything, etc. Good luck to Mags trying to keep them all out with his shields.

That should about cover it.

...no offense to Magneto, who is a beast. But he's just overwhelmed here.

SeerQris
*sigh*

...if I must...

1. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of Jedi. Recall that the thread title says "All" Jedi. That includes every Jedi throughout SW continuity....and there's LOTS (many from the Old Republic days). Possibly in the millions, but I'll be generous. 10,000 or so would be more than enough to do the job (or even less, but for the sake of the argument).

2. I'd refer primarily to an incident in one of the novels (which are within continuity) where about 30 moderately-trained Jedi (and a decent number of relative newbs) moved a Star Destroyer with their TK powers. Yup, that's what I said. Mags has some impressive showings, but magnify that showing by a few hundred times, and it easily equals Mag's energy output.

3. Most Jedi can levitate...messing with gravity won't do Mags much good.

4. Stealing lightsabers? Try again. Again, we're talking about the combined TK powers of thousands of Jedi. Mags could take the lightsabers away from, say, all of us (who don't have the Force) but overcoming that collective TK would be next-to impossible. It also assumes that lightsabers are all made with metal, which is flat-out false.

5. Lightsabers are the SW equivalent of admantium. Powerful, indestructible, can break through anything, etc. Good luck to Mags trying to keep them all out with his shields.

...no offense to Magneto, who is a beast. But he's just overwhelmed here.

Cosigned

There is absolutely nothing Magneto could do here. Nothing. This is a curbstomp.

DigiMark007
...not to mention if they got his helmet off. It would be a Xavier-esque mind-rape x100

ExtraMision5555
...not to mention if they got his helmet off. It would be a Xavier-esque mind-rape x100

Yep, thers too many ways Jedi can win this, and not a single one Magneto could.

batdude123
*sigh*

...if I must...

No, that doesn't equal the energy output of Magneto. THIS is more like what Magneto can handle:

Tapping into the entire Magnetosphere of the earth:

http://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magforceofnature6tl.jpg

Disabling EVERY single machine on the planet with an emp blast:

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/3365/magcutsaswath8vm.jpg

Deflecting Captain Universe Spider-man's powers with a gesture and CU Spider-man was = to Silver Surfer:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1623/magshieldeasilydeflectscapt0fq.jpg

Once Magneto has his shields up the Jedi's are at a MAJOR disadvantage.

His shields can take a Phoenix's tk blasts going all out:

http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magtakesphoenixblast7nn.jpg

Screwing with people's bloodflow:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/940/magripsapartneo7do.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8623/magripsapartapocalypse4li.jpg

Now Magneto could probably do this to almost every single one since we've seen how he can display his powers on a global scale.

Here's a cool scan:

Magneto sucking the life force out of the Pheonix using the "bottle effect"

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2629/magdrawslifeenergy8et.jpg

Controlling earth:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4781/magsripsapartground8du.jpg
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1496/magcontrolsearth2gf.jpg
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2991/magdropsanmountain6di.jpg

He wouldn't need to. no expression

It's funny you mention this:

The penetrating force of adamantium can't do squat:

http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magtakesoutvindandshieldsfroma.jpg

Mjolnir is stopped by Magneto's shields:

http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magfiresstonesshield7jj.jpg

I can't find the scan right now, but Karnak couldn't find a weakness in Magneto's shields and dubbed them "perfect."

Magneto's shields have also withstood an attack from Galactus.

AND, not to mention the fact that he could just create a worm hole to transport them to another dimension. (Exalibur Vol. 3; and X-Men: The End)

AND FINALLY, the light emited by the LIGHTsabres of the "visible radiation emited by them is part of the EM spectrum. He could absorb that out of them and just power himself up with it.

Magneto is victorious. wink

If you say so my master. laughing out loud

...no offense to Magneto, who is a beast.

Yes he is. yes

DigiMark007
...I'll have to get back to you in a bit batdude...no time right now. But nice arguments...even if you're still wrong.

stick out tongue

batdude123
...I'll have to get back to you in a bit batdude...no time right now. But nice arguments...even if you're still wrong.

stick out tongue

no expression

Gracias. wink thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>