The source + TOAA versus Phoenix force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Richrf
The source + TOAA versus Phoenix force!

Is that enough firepower to match the Phoenix? If not, what about fanboy versions of The soruce + TOAA ??

GalacticStorm
Rich this ridiculous thread is a result of your lack of understanding. You not being able to tell the difference between fanboy rants and comic book facts. Thats a fault in yourself. Read more comics.

As for the match up Phoenix is the creation aspect of TOAA so this thread is a bit pointless isnt it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whirlysplatt
I say Jesse Custer beats them all with a sentence "No more Religion" (controversial) laughing

CorderaMitchell
Whats with these creation threads?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Whats with these creation threads?

Theyre all in my honour. Thank you all big grin

Solidus Snake
this topic sucks

Richrf
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Rich this ridiculous thread is a result of your lack of understanding. You not being able to tell the difference between fanboy rants and comic book facts. Thats a fault in yourself. Read more comics.

As for the match up Phoenix is the creation aspect of TOAA so this thread is a bit pointless isnt it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Everything is an aspect of TOAA. But leaving that aside.

If I changed it to Spectre Versus the Source, who wins? The Source right?

Now replace Phoenix versus TOAA, who wins?

Am I wrong to say TOAA wins?

Please enlighten me, given your superior knowledge of comics.

PS I added The source just to be safe.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Richrf
Everything is an aspect of TOAA. But leaving that aside.

If I changed it to Spectre Versus the Source, who wins? The Source right?

Now replace Phoenix versus TOAA, who wins?

Am I wrong to say TOAA wins?

Please enlighten me, given your superior knowledge of comics.

PS I added The source just to be safe.

No everything is not an aspect of TOAA. An aspect is a different facet of something. Think of Phoenix as TOAA'S creation power. Think of Phoenix like the force in Star Wars.

You cant have Phoenix Vs TOAA because Phoenix is a part of TOAA. Just like in DC The Word and The Source and Presence are all parts of the same thing. Its ridiculous.

Whirlysplatt
A small creation power for a small Universe.

I guess in my universe the dials go up to 11 laughing

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
A small creation power for a small Universe.

I guess in my universe the dials go up to 11 laughing

confused laughing confused sad

Richrf
The whole is greater than the sum of it's part.

So wouldn;t TOAA beat merely one aspect of it?

I'm asking because most lists I have seen rank Phoenix 2nd below TOAA. Is that wrong?

GalacticStorm

Of course TOAA is top just like Presence is top. Noones debating that. Is that what point you were trying to make? That goes without saying laughing

Richrf
Of course TOAA is top just like Presence is top. Noones debating that. Is that what point you were trying to make? That goes without saying laughing

So if it's top it could beat the lower ranked Phoenix ? I'm confused because you seem to be saying TOAA = The Phoenix. But if that is the case, TOAA shouldnt be ranked above Phoenix.

GalacticStorm
Its God for Christs sake. Dont see the Phoenix force as a seperate being because its not its just a power source. The power source of creation. Its gods power. Certain individuals are born with the genetic ability to tap into TOAA's creation power his/its phoenix force. Those are the phoenixes.

Richrf
You didn't answer my question. If God is above The phoenix, does it mean God can beat the phoenix?

GalacticStorm
You didn't answer my question. If God is above The phoenix, does it mean God can beat the phoenix?

The Phoenix Force is God its just a part of him. Its his creation power. Its like my arm fighting the rest of me. Do you see how pointless this thread is? TOAA ranks above phoenix as its just an aspect one part of the many that make up TOAA.

Whirlysplatt

I'm asking because most lists I have seen rank Phoenix 2nd below TOAA. Is that wrong?

Yes its very wrong Rich sad. Check out the Rune Thor thread here:-

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361671&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4

for a more balanced and sane view from Illadelph smile

GalacticStorm
Of course Phoenix is below TOAA. Thats god for christs sake. Im just trying to get you to see how silly this thread is because you've got a part of TOAA fighting TOAA.

Richrf
The Phoenix Force is God its just a part of him. Its his creation power. Its like my arm fighting the rest of me. Do you see how pointless this thread is? TOAA ranks above phoenix as its just an aspect one part of the many that make up TOAA.

LOL, if my arm was fighting the rest of me. I would win by cutting my own hand. The whole is greater than any part.

And yes. Phoenix is only ONE part of God. So God could decide one day to eliminate the phoenix force and replace it with say the spider force.

GS, I'm beginning to think you are a phoenix fanboy. Your refusal to admit that phoenix can be beaten by even GOD seems to indicate this.

Seems to me, you are as bad as The batman , Hulk fanboys who think their heroes can't be beat by even God.

Since Phoenix force is not exactly the same as God (according to you) , hence it ranked below God, it logically follows God could beat the phoenix force.

Whirlysplatt
Of course Phoenix is below TOAA. Thats god for christs sake. Im just trying to get you to see how silly this thread is because you've got a part of TOAA fighting TOAA.

Not exactly you've got a tool of the TOAA fighting TOAA ........... hmmm Phoenix could win then logically as a my Power drill is a tool and it could drill a hole in my skull.

Thats right your fave is a tool GS yes think about it smile

GalacticStorm
LOL, if my arm was fighting the rest of me. I would win by cutting my own hand. The whole is greater than any part.

And yes. Phoenix is only ONE part of God. So God could decide one day to eliminate the phoenix force and replace it with say the spider force.

GS, I'm beginning to think you are a phoenix fanboy. Your refusal to admit that phoenix can be beaten by even GOD seems to indicate this.

Seems to me, you are as bad as The batman , Hulk fanboys who think their heroes can't be beat by even God.

Rich you just really dont understand. Not once have i said Phoenix cant be beaten by God ive merely tried to get you to see how silly this thread is. Its like pitting Xavier against his astral form. Of course TOAA is supreme. Its god. Youre the one who misunderstood. Dont label me a fanboy through a fault of your own. wink

Whirlysplatt

Oh dear..... waits with baited breath for the reply from GS smile

Creshosk

Since Phoenix force is not exactly the same as God (according to you) , hence it ranked below God, it logically follows God could beat the phoenix force. Hey Jessie Custer can beat God as well.

As whirly said a power drill can still kill the one who made it.

Whirlysplatt
Rich you just really dont understand. Not once have i said Phoenix cant be beaten by God ive merely tried to get you to see how silly this thread is. Its like pitting Xavier against his astral form. Of course TOAA is supreme. Its god. Youre the one who misunderstood. Dont label me a fanboy through a fault of your own. wink

You mean your not a Phoenix fanboy yes GS laughing out loud

-Whirly rock

Richrf
Whirley so you think the phoenix force beats TOAA ? smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Creshosk
Hey Jessie Custer can beat God as well.

As whirly said a power drill can still kill the one who made it.

exactly I was being very serious no

Whirlysplatt

hmmmmmmmmm

no That would be very Phoenix fanboysih

GalacticStorm

Of course he doesnt because thats ludicrous. Nothing can beat TOAA.

Creshosk
exactly I was being very serious no Works both ways doesn't it? wink

Whirlysplatt
Of course he doesnt because thats ludicrous. Nothing can beat TOAA.

Excpt Jesse with a sentence smile

Creshosk
Excpt Jesse with a sentence smile

Gee, what were you trying to paint GS as?

Hmm . . .

Onikirimaru
The real question in this fight is can Pheonix break God's adamantium skeleton. And if she gets in a close range fight, its all over.

Richrf
Rich you just really dont understand. Not once have i said Phoenix cant be beaten by God ive merely tried to get you to see how silly this thread is.

Finally, an answer. Even one that is phrased negatively.

Wouldn't it be simpler to answer in a straight forward way?

Eg Yes, TOAA would beat the Pheonix. Heck adding The Source is overkill!

That's how I tell the difference between a fanboy and one who is not.
To know when their hero is outclassed and to admit it.

What i got from you instead is a lot of evasions until I had to pratically force you to say it.

Whirlysplatt

What i got from you instead is a lot of evasions until I had to pratically force you to say it.

eek!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
The real question in this fight is can Pheonix break God's adamantium skeleton. And if she gets in a close range fight, its all over.

Top post 10 out of 10 laughing

GalacticStorm

But saying that God could beat the Phoenix Force would suggest Phoenix is a seperate entity which it isnt thats what i was trying to say to you. Thats why this match up couldnt happen. But because i wasnt giving you the straight answer you wanted you tried to label me a fanboy because of your lack of knowledge on the concepts. confused

Whirlysplatt
But saying that God could beat the Phoenix Force would suggest Phoenix is a seperate entity which it isnt thats what i was trying to say to you. Thats why this match up couldnt happen. But because i was giving you the straight answer you wanted you tried to label me a fanboy because of your lack of knowledge on the concepts. confused

I see so Phoenix is now a guy with a white beard roll eyes (sarcastic)

Onikirimaru
But saying that God could beat the Phoenix Force would suggest Phoenix is a seperate entity which it isnt thats what i was trying to say to you. Thats why this match up couldnt happen. But because i was giving you the straight answer you wanted you tried to label me a fanboy because of your lack of knowledge on the concepts. confused

And what they are trying to say to you is your a fanboy since instead of saying "TOAA wins easily I mean c'mon he is GOD" you say "Pheonix IS God this match is stupid she is a part of god and blah blah blah blah" You see the difference?

God can wink Pheonix out of existance. There is nothing more to say.

Richrf

Whether PF is a seperate entity is not the point. In terms of Power the full TOAA beats PF. You know this, I know this. But you just can't say the obvious.

TOAA beats the phoenix force. You just can't say it can you?

Creshosk
I see so Phoenix is now a guy with a white beard roll eyes (sarcastic) Is Jessie?

Richrf
And what they are trying to say to you is your a fanboy since instead of saying "TOAA wins easily I mean c'mon he is GOD" you say "Pheonix IS God this match is stupid she is a part of god and blah blah blah blah" You see the difference?

Agreed. Another sign of a fanboy, arguing and evasion to avoid admitting their hero can be beat even by God.

Whirlysplatt
Is Jessie?

No and his outside of creation extremely silly and contrived a bit like Phoenix but his power is a plot device to explore high level human concepts allegedly. smile

GalacticStorm

Phoenix is an aspect of God see it as a different side to his personality. Its his power source. So how pray tell is that going to happen? Phoenix as an aspect just one part of TOAA it is ranked below the whole TOAA but as a part of him a battle situation wouldnt exactly work out would it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
No and his outside of creation extremely silly and contrived a bit like Phoenix but his power is a plot device to explore high level human concepts allegedly. smile

Agreed. Another sign of a fanboy, arguing and evasion to avoid admitting their hero can be beat even by God.

Are you calling Whirly a fanboy? wink

Could we please all refrain from flinging "fanboy" at each other?

Richrf
OMG are you now reversing your position and saying God couldnt beat the PF??

GalacticStorm

So me pointing out to you how ridiculous this situation is means im a fanboy. Nope it means you need to read more comics youngster. wink

Phoenix Force is literally Gods power it is not a sentient being its just a power source so how on earth is a match up going to work out. I could rip my arm off and you could say that im higher ranking than my arm but then why would i. Id only be crippling myself in the long run. Its a power source for goodness sake not a being laughing out loud

Read comics boys

GalacticStorm
OMG are you now reversing your position and saying God couldnt beat the PF??

No im highlighting your ignorance.

Whirlysplatt
So me pointing out to you how ridiculous this situation is means im a fanboy. Nope it means you need to read more comics youngster. wink

Phoenix Force is literally Gods power it is not a sentient being its just a power source so how on earth is a match up going to work out. I could rip my arm off and you could say that im higher ranking than my arm but then why would i. Id only be crippling myself in the long run. Its a power source for goodness sake not a being laughing out loud

Read comics boys

roll eyes (sarcastic) fishy cross

Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic) fishy cross GS is openly saying that the phoenix force is a tool, and yet. . . This is all we get?

Richrf
PF is a power source correct. But it is wielded by sentient beings correct? Omega level mutants such as Jean Grey.

So a fight is possible say for example a rebellion . In such a case, are you really saying God would lose? Or stalemate?

Whirlysplatt
GS is openly saying that the phoenix force is a tool, and yet. . . This is all we get?

Its not the only tool Cresh confused

GalacticStorm
PF is a power source correct. But it is wielded by sentient beings correct? Omega level mutants such as Jean Grey.

So a fight is possible say for example a rebellion . In such a case, are you really saying God would lose? Or stalemate?

But then those are avatars. They arent the phoenix force. They are those who can tap into it. Thats something different. So a fight situation still isnt possible. If its gods power source then how can he fight it. He is it. Its just a part of him it. Thats what ive been saying all along.

Creshosk

Its the tool of creation and destruction. Death and rebirth, as such ascribed attributes are with the nythical bird the phoenix.

What tool of God both creates and destroys?

Xplosive
PF is not all of TOAA power. Maybe it's only fraction of his power, which is still enough to be above LT and anything.

GalacticStorm

Whirly we're having fun here dont get personal like that. sad

Whirlysplatt
But then those are avatars. They arent the phoenix force. They are those who can tap into it. Thats something different. So a fight situation still isnt possible. If its gods power source then how can he fight it. He is it. Its just a part of him it. Thats what ive been saying all along.

Goods source of power needs no Phoenix force Blasphemer.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Xplosive
PF is not all of TOAA power. Maybe it's only fraction of his power, which is still enough to be above LT and anything.

We know we're not saying that. We're just trying to get these people to realise how stupid and unfeasible this match up is. Because of that i get labelled a fanboy. confused

Creshosk

DC / Marvel

Presence - TOAA
The Word - Phoenix Force
Jessie Custer - Phoenix Avatars/hosts whatever.

DC is allowed to do things that the Marvel side is not?

GalacticStorm
Goods source of power needs no Phoenix force Blasphemer.

Oh shut up laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
DC / Marvel

Presence - TOAA
The Word - Phoenix Force
Jessie Custer - Phoenix Avatars/hosts whatever.

DC is allowed to do things that the Marvel side is not?

Id agree with that. You only have to read New Xmen 154 with sufficient knowledge of the omega point theory to realise that seems about right.

Onikirimaru
You guys need to brush up on your comics, here let me help you.

Whirlysplatt
You guys need to brush up on your comics, here let me help you.

11 out of 10 superbsmile

Richrf
GS. If one of those avatars decided to do something that God disagreed with, could God defeat one of them? Phoenix of the white crown or whatever?

Richrf
Phoenix is an aspect of God see it as a different side to his personality. Its his power source. So how pray tell is that going to happen? Phoenix as an aspect just one part of TOAA it is ranked below the whole TOAA but as a part of him a battle situation wouldnt exactly work out would it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay here's a scenario. Someone finds the Kidney of the omniuniverse which gives him total control over all of PF. He uses it to battle God. Who wins?

GalacticStorm
Okay here's a scenario. Someone finds the Kidney of the omniuniverse which gives him total control over all of PF. He uses it to battle God. Who wins?

Nothing could have better control of TOAA's power than TOAA its the supreme being its power is absolute. Theres no debating that. Its god. Whats so hard to understand?

Phoenix is gods power. The power source of creation. Gods power. How is a fight going to happen? It just doesnt work out. Hulk versus hulks fists. Thtas how stupid it is. Lets just move on. TOAA is supreme Phoenix as an aspect a part of it is obviously ranked lower

Whirlysplatt
Nothing could have better control of TOAA's power than TOAA its the supreme being its power is absolute. Theres no debating that. Its god. Whats so hard to understand?

Phoenix is gods power. The power source of creation. Gods power. How is a fight going to happen? It just doesnt work out. Hulk versus hulks fists. Thtas how stupid it is. Lets just move on. TOAA is supreme Phoenix as an aspect a part of it is obviously ranked lower

Phoenix is what confused laughing out loud madness laughing

Creshosk
Okay here's a scenario. Someone finds the Kidney of the omniuniverse which gives him total control over all of PF. He uses it to battle God. Who wins? Toaa could take the kidney away, thus removing the phoenix power.

This still wasn't Phoenix vs TOAA, this was still person with God's tool vs God.

Whirlysplatt
YEs the Tool of God that must be something - although I believe Mary did not notice it confused

-Whirly rock on

Richrf
Toaa could take the kidney away, thus removing the phoenix power.

This still wasn't Phoenix vs TOAA, this was still person with God's tool vs God.

God's tool? We are talking about God's kidney! That's a part of him. An aspect of him if you prefer.

Whirlysplatt
God's tool? We are talking about God's kidney! That's a part of him. An aspect of him if you prefer.
No, you miss the point my friend, Gods tool is part of him, ask Mary smile Although she didn't notice laughing

Creshosk
God's tool? We are talking about God's kidney! That's a part of him. An aspect of him if you prefer. You're intentionally being this way aren't you?

Richrf

Phoenix is ranked lower but is it less powerful?

I need some clarification about whether PF is all of God's power or just a fraction.

Also If phoenix is just part of an entity, why not remove it completely instead of ranking it seperately? I'm just wondering btw.

Creshosk
No, you miss the point my friend, Gods tool is part of him, ask Mary smile Although she didn't notice laughing laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whirlysplatt

I need some clarification about whether PF is all of God's power or just a fraction.

Also If phoenix is just part of an entity, why not remove it completely instead of ranking it seperately? I'm just wondering btw.

all good points imo smile

Richrf
You're intentionally being this way aren't you?

What do you mean? Have I broken some forum rule?

Whirlysplatt
What do you mean? Have I broken some forum rule?

Not at all, please keep it up, your bringing some excellent insights to bear on Phoenix at KMC smile

Creshosk
What do you mean? Have I broken some forum rule? There isn't a rule against sardonic irony, that I'm aware of.

Richrf
Hulk versus hulks fists. Thtas how stupid it is.

Stupid yes, but lots of comics is stupid smile

You have split personalities, warring over the body....

Creshosk
Stupid yes, but lots of comics is stupid smile

You have split personalities, warring over the body.... the first part is a rationilization, and the second part is an explination of the analogy that GS brought up right?

CorderaMitchell
You guys need to brush up on your comics, here let me help you. ROFLMFAO

GalacticStorm

Its been a long and hard battle to get people to realise just what phoenix is. Ive got her from Galactus level to an aspect of TOAA and im proud of that achievement. Im not going to push my luck. People have the retcon period (86 -02) embedded in their heads and refuse to open their minds to whats in the comics.

Its ranked seperately because its an aspect of TOAA a different side of TOAA just like you have the holy trinity or in DC you have Presence, The Source and the Word all together those things make Dc's god but they all have different roles and importance levels.

The Phoenix force is the power source of creation. It is gods creation aspect. In terms of its DC equivalents it seems to be both the source and the word (judging from New Xmen 154)

Whirlysplatt
Its been a long and hard battle to get people to realise just what phoenix is. Ive got her from Galactus level to an aspect of TOAA and im proud of that achievement. Im not going to push my luck. People have the retcon period (86 -02) embedded in their heads and refuse to open their minds to whats in the comics.

Its ranked seperately because its an aspect of TOAA a different side of TOAA just like you have the holy trinity or in DC you have Presence, The Source and the Word all together those things make Dc's god but they all have different roles and importance levels.

The Phoenix force is the power source of creation. It is gods creation aspect. In terms of its DC equivalents it seems to be both the source and the word (judging from New Xmen 154)

Not exactly how I see it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
Not exactly how I see it roll eyes (sarcastic) Obviously.

GalacticStorm
Not exactly how I see it roll eyes (sarcastic)

What is your definition of the Word in Dc?

Explain your interpretaion of it and i'll explain myself. Otherwise whether you agree or not is of no consequence. wink

Richrf
Its been a long and hard battle to get people to realise just what phoenix is. Ive got her from Galactus level to an aspect of TOAA and im proud of that achievement. Im not going to push my luck.

Congrats on your great achievement. Why do you think is there such a resistance? Beyond the retcon issue. Is it because people don't read the comics you do? Or is it because even for those who have, they disagree because what you stated is speculation?

BTW You didn't really answer my question GS about whether PF is all of God's power.

What do you mean by "pushing your luck"? Push your luck, and tell me what you want to assert.

Whirlysplatt
Congrats on your great achievement. Why do you think is there such a resistance? Beyond the retcon issue. Is it because people don't read the comics you do? Or is it because even for those who have, they disagree because what you stated is speculation?

BTW You didn't really answer my question GS about whether PF is all of God's power.

What do you mean by "pushing your luck"? Push your luck, and tell me what you want to assert.

I like you smile

Creshosk
Why do you think is there such a resistance? Because people don't like to hear what they've already made their minds up on.

GalacticStorm

Phoenix is but one aspect of TOAA so no its not more powerful. I just find it strange to weigh up the TOAA against a part of himself.

By push my luck i mean i cant suddenly say oh Phoenix shouldnt be ranked seperately its an aspect of TOAA because then there could be a backlash with people saying fanboy this and fanboy that despite the comics showing otherwise.

GalacticStorm
I like you smile

Be very afraid Rich eek!

Whirlysplatt
Phoenix is but one aspect of TOAA so no its not more powerful. I just find it strange to weigh up the TOAA against a part of himself.

By push my luck i mean i cant suddenly say oh Phoenix shouldnt be ranked seperately its an aspect of TOAA because then there could be a backlash with people saying fanboy this and fanboy that despite the comics showing otherwise.

hmmmmmmsmile hilarious laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
Because people don't like to hear what they've already made their minds up on.

ironic? smile

GalacticStorm
hmmmmmmsmile hilarious laughing out loud

Whats wrong with that example. If i said that would that not happen?

Creshosk
hmmmmmmsmile hilarious laughing out loud It's funny that GS is saying that "the word" cannot beat "god"?

Creshosk
ironic? smile That's why we are at an impass.

Whirlysplatt
It's funny that GS is saying that "the word" cannot beat "god"?

Is he , he contadicts himself so much with "his" theories I lose track smile

Whirlysplatt
That's why we are at an impass.

Impasse

even smile as a dyslexic I should not do that but i'm proud of the few words I can spell smile

Creshosk
Is he , he contadicts himself so much with "his" theories I lose track smile

What contradictions?

Impasse

even smile as a dyslexic I should not do that but i'm proud of the few words I can spell smile You're dyslexic?

You're an exemplary example. smile

Whirlysplatt
What contradictions?]

Just check out the Rune Thor thread to see about a million smile

You're dyslexic?

Like Einstien words are my Kryptonite, at least spelling is confused

Creshosk
Just check out the Rune Thor thread to see about a million smile

Which one?

GalacticStorm
Which one?

Id like to know as well.

I cant see where i have but point them out Whirly and id happily clarify

Whirlysplatt
I will let others judge itf they look:-

From here on smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361671&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

GalacticStorm

From here on smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361671&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

Wouldnt it help if you actually told me? stick out tongue

BlaqChaos
For some reason, this comes off to me like someone asking "Who would win in a fight; God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?"

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
For some reason, this comes off to me like someone asking "Who would win in a fight; God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?"

Youve got it in one. Stupid thread. wink

Creshosk

From here on smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361671&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3 I don't see it. . . What's the contradiction?

Whirlysplatt
Look again but like you say its probably hard for the 2 of you to see due to the impasse smile

Creshosk
Look again but like you say its probably hard for the 2 of you to see due to the impasse smile Well why don't you state what the two clauses of the contradiction are?

Whirlysplatt
Cause this is more fun smile

Creshosk
Cause this is more fun smile

How am I supposed to spot a contradiction that you perceive when I do not have your perception on the matter?

Of course if there isn't one then your hesitation to point one out is understandable.

CorderaMitchell

Thats easy, hulk smash!

Whirlysplatt
How am I supposed to spot a contradiction that you perceive when I do not have your perception on the matter?

Of course if there isn't one then your hesitation to point one out is understandable.

But if their is and the two of you can't see it but people like me on here can wink It stays our little joke at the Phoenix force as per GS. I wouldn't want to spoil that for everyone big grin

Creshosk
But if their is and the two of you can't see it but people like me on here can wink It stays our little joke at the Phoenix force as per GS. I wouldn't want to spoil that for everyone big grin What else would be funny if there isn't a contradiction. And you're cracking this inside joke out of ignorance. wink

But you're not even going to PM me with what it is are you? sad

yahman
In your Opinion G.S. who would win;

The Spectre (the wrath of God) vs The phoenix (The power used by God to create) ? smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman

The Spectre (the wrath of God) vs The phoenix (The power used by God to create) ? smile

What an excellent question smile

Creshosk

Whirlysplatt
What else would be funny if there isn't a contradiction. And you're cracking this inside joke out of ignorance. wink

But you're not even going to PM me with what it is are you? sad

Nope smile I might in a few weeks smile

Creshosk
Nope smile I might in a few weeks smile Then for the next few weeks I'm going to think there is a piece of information either you or I are missing.

Whirlysplatt
Then for the next few weeks I'm going to think there is a piece of information either you or I are missing.

yup smile

yahman

So we agree Spectre could potentionally take Phoenix? wink

Whirlysplatt
So we agree Spectre could potentionally take Phoenix? wink

wink yup smile

Creshosk
So we agree Spectre could potentionally take Phoenix? wink What the f**k?

Only if we also agree that Phoenix could potentially take Spectre. blink

yahman
What the f**k?

Only if we also agree that Phoenix could potentially take Spectre. blink

Then my work here is done. smile big grin wink

Whirlysplatt
Spectre is usually shown as LT level anyway smile When Gods will is with him smile

Creshosk
Whoever God wants to win, will win. . . Sounds kind of escapist I know but two different parts of God fighting is kinda odd. blink

Whirlysplatt
Whoever God wants to win, will win. . . Sounds kind of escapist I know but two different parts of God fighting is kinda odd. blink

Phoenix is really not part of god at all smile

Xplosive
Phoenix is really not part of god at all smile

Phoenix Force is.

Creshosk
They're basically the same thing. wacko

yahman
Spectre is usually shown as LT level anyway smile When Gods will is with him smile

(I know this isn't your point but...)And when its not he giving the whole D.C. magical universe an ass beating.

But very funny remark none the less.

Whirlysplatt
I don't think so.................... big grin

yahman
I don't think so.................... big grin

That your joke about the L.T. or Spectre beating magical D.C. ass.

Whirlysplatt
That your joke about the L.T. or Spectre beating magical D.C. ass.
No it was applied to Creshosks post above yours but you posted unexpectedly before me smile

Creshosk
No it was applied to Creshosks post above yours but you posted unexpectedly before me smile

I figured as much.

Have you heard of the omega point theory?

Whirlysplatt
I figured as much.

Have you heard of the omega point theory?

Yes its silly smile as is Frank Tipler smile imo

Not enough mass for a big crunch smile

Chadin's Omega point idea's are ridiculoussmile

Creshosk
Yes its silly smile as is Frank Tipler smile imo

Not enough mass for a big crunch smile Are we talking about the same theory here?

Whirlysplatt
Are we talking about the same theory here?

No laughing out loud you are talking about Chadin's ideas laughing out loud I am familiar with these also laughing out loud Quackery they are kinda of linked due to evolving computational capacity blah blah blah bullshit sadly.

Creshosk
No laughing out loud you are talking about Chadin's ideas laughing out loud I am familiar with these also laughing out loud Quackery Doesn't mater how silly the idea for a comic book is if that's what another idea is based off of.

But you've probably already gone over all of this with GS then.

Whirlysplatt
I don't think Tipler mentioned Phoenix in his omega point Lunacy either smile It feeds into something I did a thread on in GDF on the Technological Singularity smile Interesting but equally flawedsmile

yahman
Doesn't mater how silly the idea for a comic book is if that's what another idea is based off of.

But you've probably already gone over all of this with GS then.

Intregued ?

What is this Omega Point theory. (to Chescock)

Whats the cosmological constant go to do with it ? (to whirly)

GalacticStorm
I don't think Tipler mentioned Phoenix in his omega point Lunacy either smile It feeds into something I did a thread on in GDF on the Technological Singularity smile Interesting but equally flawedsmile

Whether you think its flawed or onot is irrelevant Grant Morrison connected Phoenix to the idea in New Xmen and that is current continuity.

Whirlysplatt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_point

Pretty goodsmile

On The Whole thing

http://www.bede.org.uk/Evolution.htm

http://www.cgoakley.demon.co.uk/qft/

Whirlysplatt
Whether you think its flawed or onot is irrelevant Grant Morrison connected Phoenix to the idea in New Xmen and that is current continuity.

lol Where has god ever been mentioned in Marvel smile Incomplete/ flawed laughing out loud

Creshosk
I don't think Tipler mentioned Phoenix in his omega point Lunacy either smile It feeds into something I did a thread on in GDF on the Technological Singularity smile Interesting but equally flawedsmile roll eyes (sarcastic)
The bible never mentions TOAA, Spectre or LT either, OR Jessie by name either.

That doesn't mean that Marvel didn't base Phoenix off of the Omega Theory.

Creshosk
lol Where has god ever been mentioned in Marvel smile Incomplete/ flawed laughing out loud Where does the bible mention the Spectre. wink

Whirlysplatt
No but Jesse is outside of creation and is esoteric to investigate the sociology of theology not promote a Quack theorylaughing out loud

The thread is interesting its on another idea which is similair and a little more possible than the Omega point wink even though its my thread its still a dodgy idea smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359909&highlight=Singularity

Creshosk
No but Jesse is outside of creation and is esoteric to investigate the sociology of theology not promote a Quack theorylaughing out loud

The thread is interesting its on another idea which is similair and a little more possible than the Omega point wink even though its my thread its still a dodgy idea smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359909&highlight=Singularity It doesn't matter what kind of theory another person basis their ideas for entertainment.

That's what it's based on. regardless of weather it's true or not.

You don't need to accept the idea. Doesn't matter if it's impossible.

Comic books haven't exactly been known for their accuracy, and fidelity to reality.

Whirlysplatt
It doesn't matter what kind of theory another person basis their ideas for entertainment.

Comic books haven't exactly been known for their accuracy, and fidelity to reality.

The marvel interpretation is poor anyway smile hence another problem I have with Phoenix, Marvel can't even get what the omega point is right smile

GalacticStorm
It doesn't matter what kind of theory another person basis their ideas for entertainment.

Exactly. He doesnt like the o p theory and he doesnt like phoenix so he'll argue against them for the sake of arguing. stick out tongue

yahman

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359909&highlight=Singularity

Explain in real Laymans terms. I've just tried reading an A.S. physics book and i think its fried my brain.

The omega Point is a verry cool concept but a bit dubious(if thats the right word). I mean are we already made up of the same thing any way? E.G. We are just the after effects of energy effecting Space/time.

Whirlysplatt
I liked the original idea for Phoenix, (waiting for the usual contradictory answer) to the Grant Morrison connected Phoenix to God one smile waits..........................

smile

Creshosk
The marvel interpretation is poor anyway smile hence another problem I have with Phoenix Marvel can't even get what the omega point is right smile This doesn't matter either.

Jessie is a ridiculous premise for a comic book as far as reality goes, he's to be accepted as an exception to the regular comic book as his purpose is different.
Phoenix is also a ridiculous premise in a comic book, but this doesn't change what the character's premise is or what the character does.

I could create a world based on a flat earth where bad smells can really upset the balance of humors in the body resulting in illness. The premise is ridiculous, but does that mean that my idea isn't what my idea is?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>