what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after fighting sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I was just wondering what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after the fight with Sidious?
Did it mean anything?
I mean Yoda falls to the bottom, Sidious is hanging up top and then they switch to showing Yoda's cloak falling and landing on a metal post.
What are your thoughts?

Darth Chronos
Exactly what you see on the screen, yoda is the one who fails, so i think his cloak hanging on the metal post is a ''thought-up'' sign that yoda was defeated.

Dont know if this is true, but thats how i view it.

Lord J
because yoda lost

Sadako of Girth
It adds a nice moment-of-calm dynamic after the duel madness and I think it also suggests that its floated down to within Yodas distance of reach as we see him wearing it later... (Although not as he crawls through the shaft, strangely...)

Stunrun
actually, i think he wears a new one on the Tantive IV, with two brown stripes going down it - correct me if im wrongstick out tongue

Gryn Jabar
The official significance? Prolly none.
Mine? The last fall of the old order of jedi, at least, for now

obit wan
Are you guys kidding? The significance of Yoda's cloak falling was to show why he had a cloak in the prequels and why he didnt have a cloak on the Originals. Its only common sense.

Sadako of Girth
if that be the case, then what happens to it between the end of 3 (Where he is wearing it) and ep5...?
All the common sense in the world can't possibly make you blind to the fact that thats no explaination for the cloaklessness in 5....

Yep Stun... I think it was an Adidas.... lol wink

Sans_Fi
Probably GL wanted to explain why he didnt have cloak on EP5, then he forgot and put Yoda a cloak on TantiveIV.

GL wanted to tie stupid things between prequels (so he will say "HEY FANS IM TYING THIS UP!!!) , like the cloak, like the burnings on ObiWan's cloak, the hair style, Palpatine's face...

Stefan Kojic
It's a mistake(and not the only one)

JKozzy
Why would he have to not have a cloak in 5? Did you see the movie in 1980 and say OMG! That little green thing DOESN'T HAVE A CLOAK!

Seriously... messed

Stefan Kojic
Exactly yes

Sadako of Girth
True...Maybe he just had it in the wash that day....!
Or it was a little too warm in the swamp and he thought:
"Bugger it. I aint wearing THAT thing today..."

bilb
Originally posted by JKozzy
Why would he have to not have a cloak in 5? Did you see the movie in 1980 and say OMG! That little green thing DOESN'T HAVE A CLOAK!

Seriously... messed

laughing laughing laughing

neo313
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I was just wondering what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after the fight with Sidious?
Did it mean anything?
I mean Yoda falls to the bottom, Sidious is hanging up top and then they switch to showing Yoda's cloak falling and landing on a metal post.
What are your thoughts?

I wondered the same thing, I assumed it was a Spielberg touch, since he did part of the scene...

Jedi Priestess
I can NOT believe you guys are discussing a cloak. laughing

queeq
Amazing... Are done discussing ROTS so soon? wink

Sir Mist
What was the purpose of Sidious having long nails? He didnt in ROTJ...roll eyes (sarcastic)

*makes thread*

Neo_Version 7
Yay!

Darth_Emodas
I believe it was symbolic of the fact that the Jedi Order was finished, and Yoda's tenure as its lead master was over.

As to the missing cloak thing, is it so hard to believe that Yoda had a spare? roll eyes (sarcastic)

master Drallig
Yoda's falling cloack means: it is a sign of the Force that he failde the Jedi order and it was a sign to go in exile of the failure, as simple as that !

Capt_Fantastic
Yoda didn't take it with him, after the duel. He lost his cloak. He didn't have it on in the service tube, nor did he have it on in Bail's speeder.

Sadako of Girth
Thats what I thought Cap, Just had to amend it in my mind to be otherwise since it seemed less logical that the Tantive4 would have any Jedi robes onboard, much less in his size....

Lets face it. Lucas screwed the pooch either way.

proffitt
Yoda seems to have a cloak in ESB. There is no hood on it, but it is the same color and basic texture as the one he had in the PT. Perhaps he just got another one over the years. After all, he is supposed to look haggard and ancient because he has been hiding on Dagobah for so long. Just a thought.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Did it mean anything?
What are your thoughts?

There was no significance----just gravity at work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.