black canary vs. spider man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
who takes it??

stormfront13
black canary easy

pr1983
hmm... she'd need to be incredibly quick off the mark, but yeah, she has a chance...

jacobo0o
(just asking) why is that????

stormfront13
because to win, all she has to do is inhale and exhale

Piedmon
Spidey shoots a web-line over her mouth, then beats her down.

The end.

stormfront13
her scream could probably destroy it

roughrider
Spidey covers his ears with one arm while he webs her, and slingshots her into the river!

Draco69
This is assuming Spider-Man KNOWS that Black Canary has a sonic scream. All he's gonna see is a girl in leather with zanny martial arts moves.

Canary wins if and only she manages to let off a scream. And her scream is so powerful it once deflected an armada of planes.

roughrider
She could sucker him in close: "Hi. I'm the cousin of Gwen Stacy. Did you know her?"
Spidey's knees start knocking, he steps down to let her whisper in his ear, then...OOOWWW! smart

Piedmon
If Black Panther can dodge sound waves, so can Spidey.....

Draco69
Originally posted by Piedmon
If Black Panther can dodge sound waves, so can Spidey.....

You mean the Klaw? Please. First of the vibranium in his suit reflects sound waves and the Klaw's sound ray is in one singular direction.

BC's canary scream is omnidirectional.

Draco69
You mean the Klaw? Please. First of the vibranium in his suit reflects sound waves and the Klaw's sound ray is in one singular direction.

BC's canary scream is omnidirectional.

And how in hell is Panther or Spider-Man FASTER than the speed of sound?

jacobo0o
what if.......
spidey webs his own ear???
i know it sounds crazy but.....
hey it could happen

K Von Doom
Originally posted by roughrider
Spidey covers his ears with one arm while he webs her, and slingshots her into the river!

How can someone cover both their ears with one arm?

roughrider
Originally posted by K Von Doom

I tried it at the computer before I typed it - it can be done! wink

Piedmon
I still maintain Web + Mouth + Famous Right Hook = w33n....

Some random street thug with a bow and arrow managed to hospitalize Black Canary one time.... she does not impress me...

jrodslam
Originally posted by K Von Doom

Its not so much the sound that does the damage. Its also the force of the scream.

Arahan
Dont know much about BC except tat the name sucks smile
This scream thing is a important factor. If PP can quick web her mouth (or just speedblitz her for a little spider kiss^^) then he wins.

If her scream goes in all directions, is she then hit too? Or is she immune against her own scream?

Hey PP could make a device to protect his ears, i mean he is genius scintist. And since he lives in the Avengers Tower he could ask Tony Stark for some technical devices to fix something against her.

Arahan
Spidey could handel the force, the scream must not effect his ears, that would be more fatal.

Draco69
Once again HOW does he know this? Answer: he doesn't. Unless he's psychic.

Arahan
Dont you know the website Herosonline? There is a big data about every Superhero with all his powers and weak points......

willRules
If Spider-man is quick enough he could do it, but Black Canary would probably win.....................

doctorstrongbad
Well I'm going to go with spider-man on this one. You know he has spider-sense. It would give him a warning before she screams. He could avoid most of the major direct damage and then its lights out for the black canary.

Draco69
Yes. Spider-Man's spider sense would warn him...of danger. That's it. It won't say BC's gonna scream.

And for the last time BC isn't Banshee. She's more like a lite-Blackbolt. The scream is in EVERY direction unless she decides to focus it in a general direction.

And how in the hell can Spider-Man "dodge" a explosion of SOUND? He's not faster than sound.

Arahan
Well may he will have probs to dodge the sound blast....but WTF about the warning. His spider sense would warn him, question is: is he fast enough to dodge or take her out.

KharmaDog
Omnidirectional? Is that written down somewhere?

Draco69
No. All she has to open her mouth. Utter a sllyable. Exhale for christ's sake.

His spider-sense would warn of danger. That's it. Danger of what? A fist? A kick? He cannot dodge a omnidirectional Havok-like blast that is powerful to damage even the likes of Superman.

Draco69
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Omnidirectional? Is that written down somewhere?

No. But in Birds of Prey she once stood on top of a plane and screamed. All the planes around her suddenly exploded.

Including some poor persons' windows a mile below.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Draco69
No. But in Birds of Prey she once stood on top of a plane and screamed. All the planes around her suddenly exploded.

Including some poor persons' windows a mile below.

So you are basing this fact on one event? I'd give up the omnidirectional defence until it is a well established fact.

Draco69
So you are basing this fact on one event? I'd give up the omnidirectional defence until it is a well established fact.

It is. If more people would read Birds of Prey. In a another rather funny issues two cars came her from two opposite directions. She screamed. The cars and EVERYTHING around for a two-block radius was completely totaled. Oracle wasn't happy.

KharmaDog
It is. If more people would read Birds of Prey. In a another rather funny issues two cars came her from two opposite directions. She screamed. The cars and EVERYTHING around for a two-block radius was completely totaled. Oracle wasn't happy.

It seems like a pretty inconsistant power. Her screams totalled a two block radius but no one was killed? Sound can be deflected. How does she deal with that?

Draco69
It seems like a pretty inconsistant power. Her screams totalled a two block radius but no one was killed? Sound can be deflected. How does she deal with that?

There's a rather simple reason she doesn't use it often: it kinda kills everyone around her. Which is why she has to concentrate to focus her scream in a linear direction. She works with alot of partners so in a fight a omnidirectional is just as harmful to her teammates as it is to her enemies. Like I said she's a lite-Blackbolt.

It was in foreign ghost town. It was vacant except for the poor baddies.

Sound can be deflected...but not by Spider-Man.

BC is immune to her own scream.

jrodslam
Flash has totaled blocks and no one was killed. Why must someone die?

Draco69
Originally posted by jrodslam
Flash has totaled blocks and no one was killed. Why must someone die?

Not to mention pretty much EVERY comic battle taking place in a populated area.

jrodslam
Not to mention pretty much EVERY comic battle taking place in a populated area.

Exactly.

Arahan
Yeah and I have Clones.

Piedmon
OK, so in 9 scenarios out of 10, Spidey still wins. Because Black Canary won't use her scream at full power in downtown New York.

Draco69
Who says they're in New York? Why do they have to fight in New York?

They're in a neutral environment as dicated by forum rules unless specified by the threadstarter and he didn't

Piedmon
So if they fight on KMC, Black Canary wins.

But if there are people that Dinah doesn't want to kill within a mile, Spidey will carry the day.

Superherovandal
how can it damage Superman?

Draco69
Superman has super-hearing. Black Canary has a sonic scream. Do the math.

Arahan
Super Scream+Super Hearing= Bedtime Stories

Piedmon
Can't Supes do a super-scream too?

Draco69
No. But I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly gains this ability. For god's sake he has soul-vision now...

Arahan
what the hell is a soul vision?

Draco69
Vision...that can see souls within beings. Quite possibly the stupidest upgrade in comics history.

Only Spider-Man's ability to talk to insects comes close.

Piedmon
He's got super powerful lungs. He ought to be able to do it.

supremthor
Vision...that can see souls within beings. Quite possibly the stupidest upgrade in comics history.

Only Spider-Man's ability to talk to insects comes close.
stop lying....................4 real Wat comic?

Draco69
Originally posted by supremthor
stop lying....................4 real Wat comic?

I think it was Action Comics. But I cannot verify. But I've heard from other posters in numerous comic book forums that Superman for some odd reason has "soul-vision"

Feel free to look it up.

OneDumbG0
I think you guys are underestimating his spider sense. Spider-man's spider sense is nearly precognitive which combined with his agility allows him to dodge bullets from a machine gun, not because he's faster then multiple bullets, but because his instincts allow him to maximize his agility. People shoot at him with lasers. Lots of people have tried tagging him with lasers at the same time and he dodges them. Lasers happen to move at the speed of light.

When something big is about to explode he reacts as if something huge is about to happen. he doesn't just think, "Hmm... I'm in danger." He moves at the speed of instinct which allows him to pretty much instinctually know the magnitude and direction of whats endangering him. So I think he would run and/or swing away pretty quickly if Black Canary was about to scream. Besides, for Black Canary to rock him with a full force scream, she'd have to enhale pretty deeply right? Say for a good second or two?

Spidey could escape a 2 block radius... or he'd just barely be within its dissipating area of effect and then he might get thrown for a loop. But as soon as he recovers, he 'd look for a chance to thwip her face shut. From the shadows, from a side of a building, while she's enhaling, while he distracts her with a pun... we've all seen Spidey do it before. And since Black Canary doesn't have a canary sense, she'd be immobilized like the way Deathstroke completely immoblized her pansy ass in Identity Crisis. And I think Spider-man's agility is pretty much on par with Deathstroke if not more so.

Arahan
good post...but i am still hungry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.