Magneto vs The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
i think magneto could take it. but hulk has a great shot

Mane
no way. Hulk has taken devastating blows from Thor ans Silver Surfer, he can very well take Magneto.

Viper
Magneto could obviously hold him at bay, but in the end I think Hulk would take it

moshtitan
magnetos would grow tired to quickly to face the hulk.

Asian Hulk
Yup I played this game.that the Hulk can win!!!!

norrin radd

pr1983
if magneto can keep his distance he wins, if hulk gets up close and personal, hulk wins

norrin radd

Linkalicious
Control the iron in your body?

You guys watched X2 one too many time. Magneto has rarely, if ever, used the "iron in someone's blood" to control them, and I highly doubt that would have much effect on the Hulk.

I think Magneto could pummel Hulk with all sorts of metal material like girder, sky scrapers, ships...anything big enough to be impressive...but Hulk would keep getting up.

The more magnetic power displays Magneto performs, the less protection his force field is going to be able to supply.

I personally think Magneto would beat the crap out of Hulk for a long time before Hulk could turn the tables....but I still feel that Hulk would win the fight.

pr1983
the only time magneto manipulted iron in someones blood was after mystique had pumped the guy full of liquid iron which was absorbed into his blood. just that once. thats it.

Arachnoidfreak
Magneto has manipulated blood on more occassions than that. Trust me.

Magneto is too smart to even bother fighting Hulk. He knows the battle would be hard fought, and he has more pressing things to worry about. He's wrap Hulk in a hugs sphere of metal, and propel him into orbit. No more Hulk. Sure, it's the cheap way out, but it's quick and efficient.

norrin radd

Linkalicious
It's not like Hulk really gives you an option of wether or not you want to fight. If he's mad, he's going to start hitting you until you either let yourself get killed or until you start to defend yourself.

Ask Thor or any good guy that's ever been pitted up against the Hulk. You know, someone that would want to stop his rampage but not kill him.

norrin radd

Linkalicious
laughing

Magneto.....god.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Magneto wouldn't be able to control the iron in Hulk's blood. Hulk would just rage and be able to move just the same. Hulk's body is mostly water..not mostly iron...and his muslces would be more than a task to keep still.

Magneto can't
*keep up his force field
*control the blood in Hulk's body
*wrap him in metal

all at the same time. He has to let up on one or two of them...and that's when Hulk would have his way with Mags.

norrin radd

Swanky-Tuna
Ugh, somebody mentioned the iron-in-the-blood thing from the comics on another messageboard and in came an endless chain of posts saying how magneto could easy iron-in-the-blood everybody in the marvel world and was a god. Like it was his only move.

Anyway... can Magneto even attempt anything like that on Hulk considering how durible and strong he is?

norrin radd
at full power? Oh yeah baby

Linkalicious
I'm not thinking about X2, i only mentioned it because that would be the obvious example. And i mentioned it nearly 8 posts ago. (3 of my own)

If Magneto is capable of such acts, how come he never performs them when in combat with the X-men or other various mutants and superhereos?

I mean, i'm sure he's done it before, but it's not a standard tactic. Are you just creating powers for him because he is capable of controlling magnetism?

actually, i'm going to go ahead and say that your theory of diamagneticism isn't even going to work against the Hulk. Diamagnetism, is the WEAKEST form of magnetism. Water, wood, and human bodies are all diamagnetically charged items.

hmmm...the weakest form of magnetism vs. the strongest character in the marvel universe.

SUUUURREEE...i bet Magneto would stop him cold. no

Little reading for those who are uninformed...
http://www.physics.ucla.edu/marty/diamag/

norrin radd

crazyspinz
im pretty sure that magneto tryed that on colossus, and he broke free, then the hulk who is alot stronger than colossus could esialy do it

Arachnoidfreak
He doesn't have to do all three at the same time. Wrapping Hulk in metal and propelling him anywhere he wants is enough to keep him out of Magneto's hair.

spyrokinesi35
man magneto got his @$$ whooped by juggy, so I now he can't hold out against " the living engine of destruction", plus this goes back to the maestro thing maestro beat magnet ironman ultron wolverine and a whole crap lod of heros and villans, but If magnoet could destract him for like 3 seconds he can stop the blood flow in his brain and kill him, and even then If he can't find anything to beat him with allhe has to do is levitate him the same way he levitates himself with the earth's gravity fields, untill he calms down, and after that, wrap banner up and throw him into space, once again it's a cheap way to win but it'll work

norrin radd

Wynndar
i dont think Mags could use the iron in Hulk's blood...the presence of Iron in our hemoglobulin protiens is what makes our blood red....Hulk's blood is green in case any of u didnt know smile ...secondly, magneto has employed that attack many times, but never on anyone with a body as strong as the Hulks...secondly, considering how the Hulk took on Onslaught, who was far more powerful than a regular old magneto, i think Hulk would ultimately win this fight

Swanky-Tuna
Jean Grey had a part in that.

norrin radd

crazyspinz
magneto could do basicaly nothing to the hulk, sure he could make a truck run into him, but hulk could basicaly take a nuke in the face before going down

Wynndar
jean grey only had a part because she helped him become Savage Hulk...the same Hulk that you see in issues 1-300 or so...its nothing special...Savage Hulk is the most often represented Hulk in comics...he appears hundreds of times without the help of Jean Grey

Linkalicious
to be fair to Magneto. He was dying due to radiation throughout the entirety of that fight. He was trying to protect what few humans and mutants that survived the sentinal take over.

Ytaker
I doubt that Magneto could harm Hulk; Hulk is faster than most enemies, stronger, and has a regeneration factor. Any container would break as hulk got angry. If It was a fight to the death, Magneto would run out of juice. Otherwise he would escape and engadge in a full on blitz later with the full gang.

manjaro
from a real world perspective i give it to magneto. becuase hulk can be hurt beyond the point of his healing factor. forget the whole being able to control the blood thing, think about this. in Xmen legends Vol.4 magneto acclelrated all the metallic compounds in some guys body(iron, Zinc, Nickel, etc) to heypersonic levels and liquified all his internal organs, and this dudes healing factor was thru the freaking roof.

Arachnoidfreak
Magneto is the MASTER of Magnetism, not some ****ing pansy *****. Hulk is NOT the type of character who gives Magneto problems. Cable, Prof. X, Phoenix, these are characters that really **** with Magneto, Hulk is not one of them. Magneto is NOT stupid, he is genius level, most notably in biology, genetics.

1. Magneto can do anything he wants to Hulk. Hulk can run at him, and Magneto rips the ground right out from under him. Hulk can jump at him, and Magneto pushes him away with a magnetic force field.

2. Magneto is not concerened with Hulk, or anyone who looks/acts like him. Hulk is underneath him. This is why I say that Magneto wouldn't even bother fighting him. That, and that if he did, Hulk would eventually tire him out, -he knows this-. Why waste time and energy on something you are unconcerned with, and have a simple solution to? Magneto doesn't need a super strong sphere to hold Hulk forever, he would just want him out of his hair. Collapsing a few cars, and encasing Hulk in the resulting sphere, and then propelling him -wherever he wants- including space, counts as a victory.

Hulk has pure strength, NOT power. There's a subtle difference, and that difference prevents Hulk from having a shot at winning.

spyrokinesi35
wordup

crazyspinz
i doubt magneto could find anything strong enough to hold hulk, cuz u dont just find adimantium lying around you know....

Arachnoidfreak
You don't see my point. Magneto doesn't NEED to hold Hulk for more than a few seconds.

Also, with his powers, Magneto can hold Hulk in a ball of tinfoil. Magneto can lift 30,000 tons with his powers. It would take Hulk a while to force himself out of 30,000 tons of constant pressure.

Ytaker
Magneto V the hulk-

The Hulk is so strong, strong as can be
Magneto wears thongs, Has no buddies
Hulk lifted a mountain, not breaking a sweat!
Magneto is routed, by Men that look wet

Magneto, Magneto you're as scary as Po
Magneto, Magneto you're as scary as Po

Metal will turn to Magneto great will
Magneto will bend to Hulk's hand on the fall...

HULK WINS

This message will earn me more hate than breaking a bunnies neck would. animals_bunny2 fireman2

Arachnoidfreak
I'm all for the mutilation of bunnies, but Hulk has no shot of winning. Sorry.

Ytaker
Wait... Where would Magneto find 30000 tons of tin foil? Do you have 30000 tons of tin foil? Or Copper wire?

Linkalicious
took Juggernaut all of about one frame to get out of situations like that.

Juggernaut....arguably...is Hulks equal in strength.

Ytaker
The hulk can quickly break out of anything, and in a theoretical fight, he'd see Magneto's sceme and get angry.

Ytaker
Juggernaught however does not have strength like Hulk. He might not have power but he has alot of strength.

Arachnoidfreak
That's just poor writing. If the writer had taken in the facts, Juggernaut would have taken at least a page and a half to get out of that.

Besides, one panel is all Magneto needs to send Hulk from New York to London. That in itself is a victory.

OOOO an angry Hulk! What a surprise! no expression

Hulk cannot get close enough to Magneto to do anything short of giving Mags a nice breeze with the swinging of his arms.

What I'd like to see is Magneto create a huge whirlwind of huge shap metal spikes just impaling Hulk over and over again. The fun thing is that since Hulk has such a great healing factor, Magneto can have hours of fun without killing his opponent!

Ytaker
I need a better arguement to oppose than "Magneto is more powerful than the hulk is strong". It just aint true.

Ytaker
Not with super leaps (assuming Magneto can't move somebody that fast)

Ytaker
I suppose he could get him out of the city though

Ytaker
To the country side maybe. Then super angry hulk will leap very far.

Arachnoidfreak
Please, stop triple posting. Hit the "Edit" button.

I don't see why you can't understand that Magneto is more powerful than the Hulk is strong. Do you know what Magneto does? Magneto controls Electromagnetism, and all related energies. Electromagnetism is one of the four Fundamental Forces of the Universe. Electromagnetism is literally the glue that holds the Universe together on micro scale(holds together atoms and such). Gravity holds it together on the macro scale(holds together planets and such).

Hulk is not anywhere near as stong as this is powerful.

"Super leaps" as you call them is completely useless if Hulk can't get his feet on the ground.

Ytaker
Magneto cannot harm the hulk much. Short of a direct assault with a sharpened steel jabber, at high speeds. I suppose the question is whether the hulk can improve his muscles fast enough? In a fight situtation, no, but in a contest of pure strength like the ball would be? Once he lifted a 150 billion ton mountain (an annoyingly used reference, but a true one) Plus magneto's powers aren't unlimited. The hulk would be giving him 40000 ton blows sometime during that metal storm (on a weakened magneto).

velho Au revoir A bientot, mon amie. When i have slept I'll give you some better writting.

Ytaker
I think Magneto wins this round. No matter how good the raw material, without sleep you just can't get the prize if you're inteligance are chield like.

PS- Me smash.
PPS Me smash you.

Arachnoidfreak
You obviously can't comprehend what I write. Magneto would not let Hulk use his strength He's not ****ing stupid. I KNOW Hulk will eventually break out of the stupid ****ing ball, it's not a contest of strength. Magneto just needs to hold him for a few seconds. THAT'S IT. Game Over. Magneto wins, Hulk losses. What don't you understand!? What is so complicated that your puny mind cannot fathom? I need to know this, it's bothering me.

Smash that shit with your totally inept logic!

Rack up another win for The Freak.

EDIT: You use that 150 billion ton thing as an argument for Hulk's strength.

Magneto has unleashed a GLOBAL electromagnetic pulse, short circuiting every electrical appliance on the planet.

He has built a space station by himself.

He has REVERESED the Earth's magnetic poles, thereby putting the planet's very existence in jeapordy.

Beat that shit. Hulk has done nothing close to that kind of power.

Evangel94
Hulk overpowers Magneto with his raw strength and power.

Swanky-Tuna
is the fight near a titanium junkyard? hehe

nomsans
Hulk's Power is in the Macro sense since he got his strength from gamma radiation (which is the 3rd kind of energy in the universe and actually, radiation combine with electromagnetism at the micro (quantum mech) level...so actually the hulk is way more powerful becuase he has brute strength which is due to the gamma radiation.
in astro physics...there are three types of energies. gravity, electromagnetismm and radiaion. at the sub atomic level, radiationa dn electromagnatism combine and become the strong force....but in the astro level, there are three...graviy. EM, and radiation. gravity, which, though relatively weak, holds our known universe together (im talking astro physics not quantum mech). magneto could never win just on the strength of his mutant power. if the hulk arm wrestled magneto, but magneto was controlling a giant metal arm instead of his wown, the hulk would still beat him...just brute strength. magneto wouldnt even come close...so the only way for magneto to fight the hulk would be through the strength of the kinds of metal objects that magneto uses to defend himself with...which we all no, there is no metal out there that is stronger than the hulk. so in all reguards...the hulk would hands down be the champion of the two. hands down, no contest. magnetos only chance of survival would be to run away...

Linkalicious
When has Magneto ever SUCCESSFULLY wrapped someone in metal and just launched them across the US?

*cricket sounds* Thought so....

And dont' chalk it up to bad writing, when Juggernaut went against Thor in one of Thor's comics, he was trapped under a gigantic cone of metal and decimated it in seconds. Hulk would be no different.

manjaro
no metal out there thats stronger than the hulk? i can think of three(ada,vibranium,mystic metal than makes up mjolnir)

first of all, i think that if people are gonna conitinue to use than "he lifted a mountain" thing then we should be able to use that"he can stop your blood flow" thing.

nice lesson on astro physics but the hulk doesnt channel radiation down to a subatomic level. "the gamma radiation that mutated his body fortified his celluar structure and added 800lbs of bones and muscle." which just makes him a really big strong guy.

maybe this abstract example can shed light on the sitch(got that from kim possible). proportionatley speaking, if we were to be as strong as a bear(1200-1500) we would have to be 9-12' tall and 700lbs of pure muscle. if we were to have the proportionate strength of a silver back gorilla(4600lbs), we would have to start from 12' tall and have 900lbs of pure muscle,plus arms the size of oak trees(seriously). Sources: Discovery Channel,back issue of discovery magazine

so as we can see, size and strength have a direct correlation(duh right?)if you get a regualr human who has the exact proportions and measurements of the hulk you'll have a guy who is between 1500-5000

as we all know his power is fueled by adrenaline. as a matter of fact, a surge of adrenaline will heighten the physical abilites of all humans in times of stress and fear, temporarily paralizing the proteins that produce fatigue acids(woman who lifted 2 ton car off her child) but with the hulk its on a more magnanimous level. and the longer he's in that agressive state the more adrenaline his medulla will have to pump to keep him in that state, and the more his medulla pumps, the stronger he gets. its thats simple. it doesnt get any more complex and scientifc than that.

some examples were given earlier why mag would win. Tornado of scrap metal,controlling his blood flow(especially since the hulk would have more iron enriched blood than anybody esle), cocoon him metal and hurl him into outerspace, zap him with an electromagnetic pulse equivalent to ten nuclear blasts and shattering his skull and synapes and watch his liquified brain leak out of his ears and nose, or control the blood flow of his heart rate, calming him down, and kill him in banner form.
Magneto's imagination would go far and wide when it comes to dealing with the hulk. besides, what makes you think that magneto would be stupid enuff to stand there and try to trade blows with the hulk anyway? he would just get at him from afar

norrin radd

Linkalicious
the stopping his blood flow arguement wouldn't hold up with the Hulk.

If Colossus can get up from it, even if he has been augmented to be class 100, then Hulk can do it with more ease, also as stated before, what makes human blood read is the iron in our blood. Since Hulk's blood is green...then what can you conclude?

The Diamagnetic force that Magneto posses in order to stop blood flow cannot be 100 tons if Magneto is class100 because diamagnetism is the weakest form of magnetics. Perhaps his electromagnetic power is class 100 but most certainly not his diamagnetic force.

Otherwise he'd be able to uproot whole forests and lift entire lakes of water off the ground. Because wood and water generate a diamagnetic attraction.

manjaro
ok i'll let the blood thing go, but HELLO! when colossus transforms his entire physical being is tranformed into organic metal. there is no blood flowing thru him.eg.(i forget who, think it was apocalypse)somebody once split colossus chest and head open during a battle, and magneto had to heal him with his powers the point is there was no blood. also, i would safley go out on a limb and say that comic book writers arent exactly majoring in physics. thats why magneto is billed as having control over the entire magnetic spectrum (which would include objects with a diamagnetic attraction), just so that they can avoid a major headache.

the fact is, we havent seen or heard anything otherwise, so far all we know he could "uproot whole forrests and lift entire lakes" we just havent had a smart enuff writer to explore that yet. or maybe comic creators should take a cue from sci-fi film and TV makers and have a science consultant on staff.

Linkalicious
if he couldn't hold down someone made of metal. Then he most certainly wouldn't be able to stop someone who is made of human tissue.

I'm sure the big green brute has big green arteries that probably pump blood through that body like a missle going off when he gets mad.

manjaro
good point

Linkalicious
I want to say Mags would win really badly, and I'm sure in most comics, if they were to meet, Mags would win.

But i don't think he could incapacitate the Hulk like Juggernaut did. It's be sooooo fun to watch him drop oil tankers and buildings on Hulk, but in the end, he's basically human.

If Hulk so much as gets a hand on him.....bye Magneto.

Wynndar
yep...the reason Hulk doesnt **** with magneto, as someone put it earlier, because if he did, magneto would be dead....and there would be a lot of unhappy x-men fans...they also said something about Cable being a real problem for Magneto rather than the Hulk...what the hell are they talking about...Last time Cable ran into the Hulk he basically ran for his life for the entire issue....then with the rest of the x-men, tried to scramble for a way to survive...Hulk crushes mags...and any other x-men that want any too

norrin radd
if magneto wanted he would have killed colossus, taking all the metal out of him, period.

magneto has the power to destroy earth, and what would hulk do? mags could die, but he would not loose to hulk. but i still think magneto wins this one

Wynndar
doubtful...magneto is only a fraction as powerful as Onslaught...yet there was nothing Onslaught could do to stop or control or harm the Hulk.

Arachnoidfreak
Muahaha! I'm back for another round today bitches!

What Manjaro said is correct. We simply have not seen a writer who has had the brains to work Magneto to his potential. In fact, we haven't had a decent writer put on Mags YET. Case in point: Magneto can lift 30,000 tons with his powers, yet a man MADE OF METAL at only class 100 broke free of his hold? What kind of stupid ass shit is that?? It's just...illogical.

Anyway, Magneto indeed controls the entire magnetic specturm AND related energies. Magneto CAN uproot a whole forest, and lift a body of water. In fact, he CAN rip a human apart at their very molecular seams, seeing that most of our bodies have a slight polarization. Why hasn't it been done? Because the writers are..."scientifically impaired".

To that guy who said that Hulk was more powerful than Magneto because of gamma radiation: You're an idiot. Hulk cannot channel the radiation in any way, other than brute strength. So, even if it was more powerful, Hulk can't use the power for anything more than a punch.

Hulk couldn't get close enough to Magneto to do anything, this is why Cable is a greater threat. I'm talking about current Cable, with his ****ing god-like telekinesis. The X-Men aren't even an issue, they are scared shitless of Magneto, and they all know, with the exception of Phoenix and Prof. X,(MAYBE Storm. Very big maybe.) that he'd rape them.

Swanky-Tuna
It sounds more like they're trying to avoid Superman'ing Magneto by making him too insanely powerful and thus boring.

crazy
yea magneto could be way too overpowered if the writers really wanted

FrothByte
every power has its limits, even magneto's. just because it is possible for him to do something doesn't mean he is capable of doing it. take for example that ripping humans apart by molecule theory. what if he has the power to do it but isn't capable of doing it because there are other complications. like maybe its more complicated than simply ripping the molecules apart. possibly you might need to be knowledgeable in the human anatomy before you are able to do something like that.

anyway, even if he could do that, the question stands if he is powerful enuf to rip hulk apart. with the type of durability hulk has in his cells, it would be awfullly hard to rip him apart.

Arachnoidfreak
Im not saying they should do it for every storyarc, but for a good 6-12 issues they should have a story where Magneto unleashes everything he is capable of. Just once. That would be fan-****ing-tastic. And it would solve alot of these vs. matchups. Apparently, people can't use logic to come to a reasonable conclusion, and they need "but he did this so he is more powerfull!11!!one!!1".

Wynndar
Im not arguing that magneto has those capabilities, or trying to define his powers...he controls all electromagnetism and can use this with great diversity...however, there is a limit to how much power he can use...if his powers were just totally inexhaustable he would just be moving stars across galaxies like molecule man...however, if he tried using his powers to a fraction of that degree he would lack the endurance and strength to accomplish it...Hulk on the other hand has never shown a limit to his strength...he doesnt even show strain...but when magneto accomplishes a powerful display of magnetic manipulation he is certainly strained...he has a limit to how much power he can command...although i will say there is almost no limit to what his actual powers can do

Hulk still wins IMO

crazyspinz
ya that would be sweet, they should do that but like have every mutant and such do the same thing against some seemingly unstopible enimly, like thanos and an army he made is coming for earth or something cool like that

nomsans
i am just saying that what gives hulk his superstrangth is on an atomic level, just as mag's mutant powers are. so mad could never tear apart the hulk on a molecular level, and also...the fact that hulk has inapplicaple brute strength gives him the upper hand. the only thing mag could try is to hold hulk forever in space, in which mag will get tired and hulk will rip him apart. mag could never hope to rip apart hulk' flesh via the iron in his blood. hulk's blood is stronger than mag's power. i think the hulk can break thor's hammer given enough time. hulk and cap ama\erica are the only two beings in the marvel universe other than thor to be able to weild it. there is no metal in marvel's univers that is stronger than hulk, or hulk wouldnt be such a threat to the universe like how he was.

magneto and havock together could beat the hulk though.

Arachnoidfreak
Magneto doesn't have to hold him forever, and Magneto doesn't even need to use metal.

You know that magnetic force feild he uses to protect himself? Yea, he can make that around anyone. Encasing Hulk, and flinging him a few thousand miles away constitues a victory for one match.

This is only one match right? Or is someone going to change it to best 2 out of 3 to better their argument?

norrin radd

Linkalicious
I'm going to go ahead an argue those capabilities. What we have here is not poor writing that hasn't unleashed "Magneto's True Power"

What we have is fanboyism. Yes, i went ahead and said it....Fanboyism.

Magneto doesn't do stuff like uproot whole forests or raise lakes...BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO IT! If he could do it...he would do it.

Quit making up powers for the freaking guy just because you want to win this arguement. This is comic discussion, not magnetic theory.

It's not about IFs, WOULDs, and COULDs....it's what he CAN DO and CAN'T DO. And he can't stop the Hulk.

nomsans
magneto would never last past one match with hulk. 1st of all, that stupid force feild thing of magneto's; a) mag cant keep that up for ever and would get tired, and yes magneto can drain his powers if he uses too much, other wise he would have already enslaved humans. and b) hulk is so strong that eventually he would break free of the stupid force feild, and then what is mag gonna do? thats right,...run.
hulk connot breath in space,....but he can hold his breath all day. magneto cannot hold his breath in outter space either. and eventually the oxygen inside his force feild would run out if ever in space in extended periods of time.

norrin radd
yes great idea, and then hulk would swim trough space till he gets on earth, and of course space pressure would not kill him because he is the hulk, and the fact that in space the temperature is very cold, would not make any diference because HE IS THE HULK.
you are forgeting we have a genius fighting a retarded.

Linkalicious
how the hell did either of them even get up into space? confused

Mane
laughing thats what i was wondering...

norrin radd
for example, or an electromagnetic field, or destroying earth.

nomsans
no, extreme temporatures and space pressure doesnt kill the hulk. and yes the hulk is a super genious. hulk has been in outter space many, many, many times...he has traveled to different words in far off galaxies for christ's sake...do you not read comic books?

Mane
hey hey listen here, newb! dont ever bash someone who is many times your superior in comic books.

norrin radd

Linkalicious
Magneto's never done it before, why would anyone assume that he could do such a thing to someone as strong or as big as Hulk?

Wynndar
Magneto's powers are very vast and can be used to almost any effect...but someone tried to point out that Hulk's powers are on the atomic level, in Hulk's defense....however, it is more complicated than that...Hulk's powers come from a different dimension that was created when he became the Hulk...like most superhumans in his case, who acquired their powers from radiation, like the FF or UFOES...his powers are more dynamic than they appear...his powers are created in his cells like magneto and other mutants...his powers are interdimensional...thats why when the Hulk puts on 1000lbs of muscle from being bruce Banner he doesnt have to eat 1000lbs of protien...the Hulk caneasily survive the pressure of space...magneto cannot unless he is protecting himself with a electromagnetic field, but he would stillhave to make a conscious effort to do so...Hulk has survived in space on many occasions...Infinity Wars, when fighting Trauma, when spiderman with captian universe power punched him into orbit, etc...Hulk can survive off his interdimensional mass for an undetermined period of time, he can eat...but he doesnt have to...and the amount that he eats doesnt reflect the amount of energy he releases

nomsans
i couldnt agree with you more, wynndar.

if anyone is interested, check out my comic book artwork for my original comic book i am working on...the link is as follows:
www.emayhem.com/nomsans

Linkalicious
you should put that link in your Sig, so it will get more exposure. It's not spam because it's not another Forum...but it does provide entertainment. wink

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
WEEEEE! A decent retort! Thanks Link.

It is not "fanboyism". It's science, which, believe it or not, Magneto's powers are based on. Let's go with something Magneto HAS done. He has released a global electromagnetic pulse, or EMP. Do you actually realize how much it takes to release an EMP that circles the entire globe? Here, I'll give you a comparison.

Nuclear weapons, when detonated, release an EMP blast along with the explosion. As destructive as the nuclear weapon is, the blast covers about 300 miles. The surface area of the earth is 10^7 x 1.27 miles. Roughly 12,700,000 miles. This makes Magneto 423,333.33 times more powerful than a nuclear blast. Wow. I'd call that power.

You are absolutely correct, if he could do it, he would do it. The problem here is that he is a fictional character, and what he does is based upon the knowledge of the writer.

Magneto wins, argument proven by facts. Hulk can't get close enough to Magneto to do shit.

Wynndar
but the emp of a nuke is only a small side effect...not the primary release of the energy a nuke produces...thats like sayin a nuke produces 10,000 megaton blast...Magneto's emp produces a .05 megaton blast..there for a Nuke is 200,000 times more powerful than magneto...ur logic is a little off..but i do believe magneto is very powerful and the emp is very impressive, i agree...but it is where he draws the limit...Hulk does not strain, does not have finite power...and would not be affected by an emp

Arachnoidfreak
Magneto DOES have finite power, but he doesn't need to use all of his power to beat Hulk anyway, so that doesn't make a difference.

I think the fact that the Hulk looks constipated everytime he tries becoming stonger, means that he is straining. He was certainly straining holding up that mountain. Shit, he strains just becoming the Hulk in the first place. Saying "never" is a very broad generalization. But, that could just be me.

Again, Hulk needs to be within arm's reach of Magneto to do any damage. I just don't see Hulk getting that close before he becomes bored from trying, and turns back into Banner(if he EVER turned back into Banner in front of Magneto, he is dead instantly. Magneto doesn't **** around).

EDIT: I used a nuclear weapon because that is the largest EMP blast that humans have. There is NO other device that releases an EMP even close to a nuclear weapon's capability.

manjaro
maybe im missing something here. im commenting from stuff posted a few pages back but when since can the hulk hold his breath all day, and when since can he lift mjolnir? hasnt N E 1 read future imperrfect, when Maestro said"I'm twice as strong as ive eevr been and i still cant lift it"(or sump,in like that anyway) or in Thor when that general guy donned the destroyer armor and completely trashed the avengers, and killed thor and not even he could lift it?

also i dont believe i was giving magneto powers he didnt have, i was merely arguing from the point of view that since he controls the electromagnetic spectrum and all related enerigies he should be able to do all this and as a person currently taking physics its only right that i argue logically, especially since i know a LITTLE bit of what im talking about.

why? and this is a big why, why? in the name of god does anyone think that magento would square off face to face with the hulk. he would hurl stuff at him from a far, also, who says that magneto would fight fair and with honor any ****ing way? even if he plays extra cheap andtrap him in a force bubble and hurl him into space or drop him off in the nearest volcanoe how the hell would the hulk beat that? and im talking logically here

Ytaker
I want to acquiant you with an idea called "the world". We call it earth. But why doesn't it fly apart? Why do the bits making it up not fly off? Because of one extrodinarily powerful force; strong nuclear force. Release less than one hundreth of it and you get an atom bomb. The hulk became the hulk because he was hit by a strong nuclear reaction. Maybe Magneto has a larger range, but Hulk has much more power to release. Much.

crazyspinz
magneto might win just cuz he is way smarter, but he is way outmached in sheer power

nomsans
1st off...The Hulk is ALWAYS the hulk. He never turns into banner. his intelligence far exceeds bruce banners original intelligence. lava cant hurt the hulk. he can fly in space simply by claping his hands once creating a projecting force. magneto's intelligence is no where near the HULK's. and if Hulk had a reason to kill magneto...all magneto could do is run and hide...and prolong the inevitable. arguing physics only helps the HULK's argument...and thinking logically only helps the HULK's argument.
The Living Tribunal once considered hulk such a threat that he himself was going to delete the Hulk to ensure th existance of the universe and it's parallell multiverses....it wasnt until bruce banner sacrificed his life to save earth from the hulk that the living tribunal decided to let hulk live. and that was the old , dumb hulk. the newer greener hulk is at a genius level of intelligence, and many time over more powerful that any previous hulk.

Ytaker

Arachnoidfreak
nomsans: What the hell are you talking about? You do realize that Savage Hulk has below average intelligence right? It's Professor Hulk that is a genius. Maybe you need a little catching up... http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/info/hulk-incarnations.asp?Id=devil

Generally speaking, when Hulk is pitted against an opponent, Savage Hulk is who is fighting, unless otherwise stated.

Again, someone prove to me how Hulk would even get close enough to hit Magneto. Magneto doesn't deal with characters like the Hulk, because has so much more to worry about than a big green man with large fists. Hulk's power is strength, that's it. He has unlimited strength. To use it, he has to be hitting/touching something. Magneto can manipulate things by LOOKING at it. Hulk would not get close enough to physically fight Magneto.

crazyspinz
umm, hasnt juggy beat magneto before?, or am i wrong

nomsans
are you kidding ? do you not read HULK comic books?
the genious hulk, the green hulk, the grey hulk AND bruce Banner all merged together to create the newer greener hulk years ago....it is you that needs to do the catching up. the internet isnt as up 2 date as say...oh the real comic books.

nomsans
great link by the way, thanks...

Kontraz
Couldn't magneto just stay out of hulk's range, then grab some girders from a skyscraper and either
1) beat the crap out of the hulk or
2) wrap him up (not with just the girders, but mold them around the hulk like a press or something), then just send the metal-encased hulk out of earth's atmosphere. If the atmosphere doesn't burn him into nothingness, then the cold of space or lack of oxygen should do him in...

nomsans
no metal can contain the hulk (in his prime). hulk has been in and out of the earth's atmosphere so many times that it just tickles him.

Tron
Not in mainstream, in two different What Ifs. Juggernaut's a different case cause his magic makes him invulnerable to Magneto's power (yeah they showed it in What Ifs, but that's basically how it would work in mainstream too). Magneto would have a better chance of actually hurting Hulk than Juggernaut, although I think it would be pretty close between Hulk and Mags cause they're both powerful as hell.

Linkalicious
I keep hearing this arguement of Magneto just needing to wrap Hulk in metal and launch him into space. Yet no one has ever been able to any instance where Magneto has done such a feat.....to anyone...let alone someone as strong as the Hulk.

I also hear...."how is Hulk going to get to Magneto?"

But what's going to stop him from getting to Magneto??? Steel Girders, Oil Tankers, and the Houston Astro Dome? Because that would just piss Hulk off more.

It's already been stated that the diamagnetics Magneto uses to control the blood flow in a human's body is THE WEAKEST form of magnetism.
You're going to have a hard time making me believe the the Hulk wouldn't be able to overcome the weakest of Magneto's powers...

norrin radd

Linkalicious
But that's not wrapping someone up in metal and throwing them off into space...

Thanos built a spacecraft, but he can't just wrap up Hulk and throw him into space.

Why isn't it good enough?

The higher up Magneto levitates, the harder it's going to be for him to attack the Hulk. He's going to have to concentrate his powers to hit this little guy on the floor who's running around and jumping up at him all day long.

Sure, he could use something like a steel girder to play wack-a-Hulk for a while, but it wouldn't stop Hulk. He'd just keep getting up.

TotalCarnage
i think it is obvious that magneto would win
unless they were fighting in like the desert or something,it depends on where the fight goes down

With metal magneto wins
without it hulk wins

Mane
Magneto at full power has the capability to control virtually anything. not just metal.

nomsans
ok ...i am sure hulk can build a city in outter space if he wanted too...what does that prove?

lets just go down the line...
the following are all feats of strength actually depicted in an 'actual comic book' performed by the hulk.
is as follows:

1) the HULK can bend adamantium.
(Marvel Team-Up Vol.1 #18: Hulk wraps Blastaar in a ball of Adamantium and tosses him in the ocean.)

2) Hulk can break through Very Powerful 'force fields'.
(Breaks A Very Powerful Forcefield
TIH #198: Hulk is trapped by the Elder of the Univers known as the Collector. The collector states : "Your trapped in the most powerful forcefield at my disposal, so if your inclined to smash at something, try smashing THAT!! The Hulk begins to pound away at the shield. Narration then states :"At first the man brutes massive fists prove ineffectual against the shimmering energy sheild--but that does not deter him--for the madder Hulk gets--the stronger Hulk gets-- and as anyone who has ever met the green goliath can tell you--HIs RAGE--And his POWER--ARE BOUNDLESS!!".
AND
The Order #4: The Hulk shows sufficient strength to break out of the Silver Surfers force barrier. The Silver surfer has CASUALLY created barriers that can allow normaly humans to withstand black hole level gravity. Surfer was fully concentrating on containing the Hulk and failed due to the Hulks ever increasing anger/strength.
AND
The Defenders Vol.2 #8: The Kree employ a technology that repels your own power against you. Each of the Defenders are trapped in a force shield comprised and powerred by this energy. Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, and Namor all pass out attempting to break free of the force barrier. Hulk with his ever increasing strength is the only one that is able to break the barrier.)

3).Breaks The Pit That Holds The Flame Of Life
(TIH #242: Hulk's range causes his strength to increase to unseen limits until he is capable of breaking the pit where the Flame of Life is contained.
The pit is a deviant machine built to defeat the Celestials on thier next visit. Narration states: "He just pulls all the more, straining with every iota of his strength to rip free this infernal object...becmoming madder and madder, his strength BUILDING with his anger, as he tugs against a device built to withstand the power of gods (celestials)! But this is the power of the Hulk! AND ULTIMATLEY, THERE IS NO FORCE STRONGER THAN THE HULK!". )

4).Hulk can cause incredible SHOCKWAVES
(Hulk Annual #3: Hulk strikes the ground so hard that he sends shockwaves all the way from Colorado, USA to Denmark, Europe.
Hulk Annual #3: Hulk with another supersonic clap is able to produce a shockwave that "puts to shame the most powerful hurricanes in the history of the planet".
Hulk Annual #8: Hulk's fight against the Sasquatch, the Hulk looms to deliver what the narrator calls the "death blow" (it would have killed Sasquatch). Sasquatch luckily rolls to avoid the punch, but the Hulk ends up collapsing a large part of the Rocky mountian chain.)

5).Defeats Very Powerful Enemies
TIH2 #321, and TIH2 #322: Nearly annihilates two Avengers teams (minus Thor), that included Namor, She Hulk, Hercules, Wonder Man, and Iron Man. The Hulk nearly killed Iron Man during the fight, while Wonder Man feared for his life.
TIH2 #383, and TIH2 #459: Quickly shut down the Abomination.
TIH2 #404: Two punches effectively stunned the Juggernaut, sending him to his knees.

6).Destroys A Huge Asteroid
Marvel Comics Presents #52: With the help of some gadgets that enhance his jumping the Hulk is able to leap into space to smash an asteroid that is greater than double the planet earths mass.

7).Destroys Onslaught's Armor
Marvel Universe Onslaught: The fight with Onslaught. Onslaught was generating a psionic storm. None of the heroes had the strength to even get close to Onslaught, including Thor and Ironman who was being aided by Joseph. The Hulk however appeared to be on a totally different powerscale as he could not only advance against the strom, but continue the fight as if the storm had no effect on him. The Hulk proves to be able to overpower Onslaught and smash him with but a blow, after reaching insane anger levels. Onslaught had previously beat Juggernaut to the point of death. and in between his fights with Juggernaut and the Hulk Onslaught recieved 2 powerups. After one of which he stated "I have become even more powerful than my wildest imaginations". The Onslaught shell Hulk destroyed was far more powerful than the version that nearly killed the Juggernaut. Also Juggernaut has taken Thors godly essence blast without harm. Just to show Juggernauts power. Also in that same comic the Hulk was battling in the face of a psionic storm that was keeping Thor at bay. Thor lacked the strength to even approach the site of the battle. Hulk stood agianst the storm unphazed by its repelling power.

8).Destroys The High Evolutionary's Armor
TIH #266: Hulk is able to destroy the seemingly unbreakable armor of the High Evolutionary. The super being let the Hulk bang his armor, cos he wanted to die. He did provoke his death later on.

9).Grasps An Energy Bubble
TIH #242: The Hulk is able to grasp an energy bubble that is indicated by narration to be impossible to do. It didn't even have physical mass.... "that something--anything--should be able to grip hold of an energy should be imppossible! But the Hulk grabs hold of it just the same! The field begins to stretch LIKE a physical thing in his grasp--as he pushes and pulls with EVER INCREASING MIGHT, until--The barrier collapses!!".

10_.Hulk Is Power Incarnate
Secret Wars II #8: The Beyonder searches for the Hulk and finds him in the desert. Hulk attacks the Beyonder. Beyonder puts the Hulk in stasis and begins to probe him. The Beyonder says of the Hulks inner potential: "You are nothing but power incarnate! An infinity of power with no finite element inside!! Worse yet, you remind me of someone (himself)."

11).Leaps His Way Accross The Pacific
TTA #68: Hulk leaps his way accross the Pacific, from Asia to America, from island to island, even from plane to plane! Not just an extraordinay display of leg power, but of reflexes and coordination.

12).Moves Extremelly Fast
TIH2 #388: Hulk is able to tag Speedfreek, who was said to move faster than the eye can see.TIH2 #406: Hulk is able to move fast enough to tie up a stunned Captain America in a light post.
TIH2 #409: Hulk is able to to leap fast enough and keep up with (for a short time) Madman's jet. (Contributed by Russell Brisson)
Hulk Hulk is leaping and lands on a squad car. The cop's radar clocks the Hulk in at 473 mph.

13). Overcomes The Matter Antimatter Attraction
Marvel Team-Up Guest Starring Spider-Man: Hulk overcomes the matter antimatter attraction between two bombs. Both the creator of the bomb as well as Bruce Banner agree that overcoming the attraction should be scientifically impossible. As the attraction is a "force of nature". Hulk not only seperates the 2 but goes further by knocking one of them millions of miles away into space.

14. Reaches the Leader's Kenitictronic Gloves
TIH #225: Hulk is fighitng the Leader who is wielding his kenitictronic gloves. They deflect the all kenetic energy used against them back at thier foe. Hulk eventuals grows strong enough to overcome the gloves (or his own power) (3 minutes). Narration states: "Unfortunatley the Leader has forgotten a well kown fact: The madder the Hulk gets, the stronger the Hulk gets! And when it comes to anger the Hulk knows no limits!!".

15).Supports A Mountain On His Back
Secret Wars #4: The Banner Hulk saves his life and that of several super heroes (Spider-Man, Reed Richards, Iron Man, and Captain America, among others) by supporting on his back and shoulders, the weight of a huge mountain, thrown on top of them by the Molecule Man.
Additional text contributed by Russell Brisson: A calm Hulk catches and supports at least in part, a mountian range that "dwarfs the Andes". Reed Richards attempts to make the banner controlled Hulk angry so that he doesn't tire. The banner controlled Hulk is historically horrible at getting angry.
Hulk/Sentry: A 100% calm Hulk is able to hold up a mountian long enough for the subterraneans to escape.

16).Throws A Gem To The Center Of A Planet
TIH #248: Hulk throws the soul gem of the Gardener from the surface of planet K'ai, to its core, which means the gem penetrated the planet's very soil until it reached the center.

17).
Throws The Sub-Mariner From Key West To Miami
TTA #100: In this classic issue beautifully drawn by Marie Severin, Hulk throws Namor from the southern east point of the USA to the beaches of Miami. That's about 100 miles. The Sub-Mariner uses the wings of his ankles as brakes, otherwise, we would have landed even further (who knows where...)

magneto doesnt stand a chance.

Linkalicious
*coughhulkcough*

Arachnoidfreak
"Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once lifted a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. (He also realeased a global EMP, and even reversed the earth's magnetic poles, putting the entire planet in danger of spinning out of orbit and colliding with another planet, actually having the earth fall apart, and countless other possible outcomes.)

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the long sought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy."

Oh man, Did I see gamma rays in there? Magneto can control gamma radiation!? Well, not even I knew that. Looks like Hulk will be forced to his potential if Magneto were to start sapping him of his power. The ONLY thing Magneto has going against him is that he is human, and old. That's it.

Magneto wins.

Wynndar
magneto may have a maniulation of gamma rays but that doesnt mean he would have any hope of controlling the amount of power produced by the Hulk...which dwarfs magneto's power over plain old madnetism, the main component of his spectrum of power

manjaro
very very impressive. and i like everything stated but...........if you pay close attention to what all 17 examples have in common is that they are all tangible, meaning the hulk got to put his hands on something. no one is denying that if the hulk gets his hands on magneto its over for mag, but the hulk can be killed by having limbs severed with sharp enuff objects or brute force. if you go back to the recently completed hulk series INCREDIBLE HULK:69 (or if you can get it in TPB) THE INCREDIBLE HULK vol 7: DEAD LIKE ME. in the final battle between him and the doppelganger he basically sacrificed himself so that betty and Nadia can have a peacful life, the copy smashed his head in and scattered his brains all over the desert and betty and doc sampson had to come bury him. even though in some crazy ass kind o way they showed him waking up in a post apocalytic future in a later story arc,the fact still remains that it took a really long time for his healing factor to put his brain cells back together. if magneto sails a barrage of metal spears at the hulk there is no way he can deflect all of them b4 one takes his freaking head off

on a side note.other than the one time hulk nearly jumped into orbit. name one time when he's ever been in deep space without a protecive suit, and one instant when he proved that he's impervious to suffocation. i said it once and i'll probably say it a million times. how is the hulk gonna get close to lay a hand on him?

Arachnoidfreak
Manjaro has the right idea.

I agree with the statement that "If Hulk gets his hands on Magneto, it's over" This is true. The thing is, Hulk would never get that close.

Wynndar
Nomsams...that was an excellent list... I cant help but feel sorry for the Magneto supporters after that, cuz i like magneto...but your right, its like the Beyonder says, the Hulk is infinite power...Magneto could not hope to escape the Hulk, magento can fly pretty fast but the Hulk has cought fighter plains and guided missiles simply by leaping...magneto cant fly that fast or manuever that fast...his human body couldnt handle it, granted he could defend himself from wind resistance, otherwise he couldnt even pass 140mph or he'd suffocate...Magneto could try and throw a couple buildings at Hulk...but that would require a lot of his energy and then his human metabolism and tire...comparing magneto to the surfer is utterly ridiculous though...magneto can mimic some lower level Surfer affects...however the Surfer has godlike stamina and durability...the Surfer can shatter a moon without affecting his endurance...magneto tries something like that and he passes out shortly after...the Hulk has more power inside him than the Surfer, like beyonder said he is infinfite, like the tribunal said, the Hulk's power is a threat to the whole universe

Wynndar
Manjaro, your description of Magneto smashing Hulks head with steel girders is laughable...steel girders are like cotton balls to a pissed off Hulk....

manjaro
yep, thats bcuz gamma rays are apart of the EM spectrum, (gasp) the horror! he could sap the hulks radiation if he knew how. maybe not enuff cure him of his hulkness but certainly enuff to bring him back to banner

Mane
alright, youve officially convinced me that Magneto has a better chance of winning.

nomsans
oh pleeeease, fanboy.

Mane
oh pleeeease, newb. i trust Arachnoidfreak's word over your biased opinion anyday.

Wynndar
magneto turn Hulk into Banner?... laughing ...I should have seen that coming...Gamma rays are composed of actual particles and have a measurable nuclear mass...thats what makes them so destructive...i dont think that this component falls into the electromagnetic spectrum...I will have to ask one of my professors what they think...Just because magneto has power over the EM spectrum doesnt mean that he has unlimited power over it...if this were the case, like I mentioned earlier, he would be able move stars around the galaxy at the speed of light like molecule man after the secret wars

nomsans
give me an actual 'comic book' that magneto 'controls' gamma rays...please. gamma is radiation...just like x-rays, and all the other kinds of rays. electromagnetism (according to astrophysics and einstien) and radiation are two different kinds of energies...IN FACT. according to einstien and astrophysics...there are only 3 (THREE) kinds of energies in astro physics. the 1st and 'seemingly' the most powerful (though it is to be argued) is called the 'G-force'. this is the force that holds all the planets, galaxies and stars in place and in thier orbits. the 2nd kind is called the Strong Force or 'Electromagnetism'. (which is basically electricity in all its forms.) the 3rd kind of energy found in astrphysics is called the Weak Force or 'Radiation' radiation would be all the rays and infared and ultr violate, sound waves. though, electro magnetism seems to be the strongest (with the old science axample of a guy falling off a building, the long fall takes a long time for him to finally reach the street below, and he gradually gains energy and spped the longer and faster he falls...but it isnt gravity that kills him...it is the electromagnetic force that kills him in a single instant...while gravity to took so long to build up energy, electro magnetism stopped the power of gravity in but an instant.)
that is one way to look at it...but on the opposite end of the spectrum, gravity is the only force in our universe able to penetrate the membrane of our universe and actually enter into different dimensions and differen parallel universe some iof which may have completely different set of laws than our own. nothin else in our uiverse can travel between parallel universes .

Arachnoidfreak
Whoa...how did you go from electromagnitism to gravity and parallel universes?? This has nothing to do with parallel universes man.

nomsans
at least i am no noob when it comes to comic books...obviously you are...making up powers for magneto and everything...jeeze.

nomsans
i am demonstrating, according to einstein, that gravity is really the strongest of the 3 forces...and that electromagnetism and radiation are, in fact, two different things. and that magnetos powers are NOT able to control radiation of any kinds. and dont say that magneto controls his powers via quantum mechanics rather than astro physics, because if that was true, magneto would have no powers because nothing can predict or control electro magnetism at the sub atomic level. that is why it is so violent and unpredictable when you get to the sub atomic level...there is no 'math' formula that explains away all the anomolies of quantum mechs...meanwhile, einstien, has already proved the physics of our universe with mathmatical formulas.

Arachnoidfreak
I didn't make them up, Magneto has control over Electromagnitism and all related energies. Last time I checked(yesterday), polarized molecules(found in the human body) were held together by electromagnetism, which Magneto controls. EVERYTHING I have said that Magneto has the potential to do, he actually DOES have the potential to do it with his powers. You were pulling gravity and parrallel universes out of your ass.

Yes, they are two different things, but that does not mean that they are not RELATED. They ARE. Comic books and novels are two different things, but they are in fact related. Do you see the analogy??

nomsans
oh...so magneto can control all kinds of energies now?...OK. if you look at *** that way, then gravity is alo related to the other kinds of enerdies...can magneto controll gravity too? can magneto control light itslef as well? if this was the case...then the x men wouldnt have beaten magneto a hundred thousand times, and magneto would have already enslaved mankind and a\had already created his ideal earth. as well as possessing the powers to completely create reality like arachnoidfreak keeps arguing, with no real 'comic book' issues to back him up.

nomsans
and NO i DEFINETELY DO NOT see 'your' analogy between, novels and comic books AND electromagnetism and radiation at all...please explain how radiation and electromagnetism are related...(according to astrophysics of course)

Arachnoidfreak

nomsans
excuses excuses excuses...the reason he doesnt win all the time is because he doesnt have the ficticious powers that you state above!

nomsans
so tell me...what is the similarity of a comic and novel, to the electromagnetic force and radiation?

manjaro
you go Arachnoidfreak! you remind me of....well........me when i just started on this forum. full of fire, and vim and not afraid to break out the dictionary.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
You STILL don't know what an anology is?

Electromagnitism is related to the other Fundamental Forces of Nature, JUST AS Comic books are related to all other literature.

Do you see the analogy now? Electromagnetism IS NOT Gravity, it is NOT Strong or weak nuclear forces, but they are all RELATED. A comic book is NOT a novel, and it is NOT a play, but it IS literature, they are related.

ALL matter is held together by electromagnetism. ALL of it. You know, protons and electrons? Those little positively and negatively chared particles that are in EVERY ATOM IN THE UNIVERSE? Electromagnetism is the glue that hold these things together.

The Graviton vs Magneto thread Norrin Radd refers to: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294338&highlight=graviton+vs+magneto

nomsans
if you would have read my previous post, i sid that electro magnetisim (also called the strong force) is the strongest...then i demonstrated on the opposite scale the fact that only gravity can travl interdimensionally...so in a sense, gravity IS in fact stronger that the other energies. especially when electricity and magnetism neutrilize each other. all the electro magnetism energies in our known universe could never tear a hole or 'travel' to parallel universes. in fact...in theory...there is really only one force governing our universe it just acts in different ways, but unison together. but this isnt proven. also...the nuclear elements in bruce banner's gamma radiation experiemnts work together...magneto has NOOOOO power over ANYTHING nuclear.

nomsans
ok, your analogy is weak.
in that case....then everything is RELATED to one another in our universe...which it is...in a very basic and fundamental way./..but get any more technical...and your theory sounds like kindergarden. nice try though. comic book and novels both have words so i gues they are related. your right ...i didnt take the 'elementary school approach' analyzing your 'theory'.
anyway...at least i dont blame the writers for the reason why my fav character (in your case mags) always looses so much. dont you think that if it would be a good fight, even in the slightest, marvel would have paired them up by now? there is a reason they never fought...it is not a fair fight...that is like have silver surfer fighting human torch. please...it wouldnt make good reading.
hulk could build a city in space no prob...and it would be technologically advanced too.

Ytaker
Everybody forgot me! I said that The HULK has focused powers, whilst elctromagnetics are unfocused. Electromagnetism may hold the universe together, but we use nuclear as it's stronger. Atom bomb v Elctromagnets. He has exceeded nuclear, as nomsans gave an example of when he beat antimatter reactors, which are hundreds of times stronger. In power terms, Hulk wins.

Arachnoidfreak
How the HELL do you figure Hulk can make a city in space?

Of course it wouldn't be an interesting fight, Magneto would dominate. I already told you that Magneto doesn't deal with characters like the Hulk. Apparently, you skipped that part.

http://pdg.web.cern.ch/pdg/cpep/grand.html

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci554508,00.html

http://www.galactic-guide.com/articles/6R102.html

Oh yea, so kindergarden roll eyes (sarcastic)

nomsans
"The theory which (we hope!)...etc"

pleeeeeease...this connot be proven...hence its a 'theory'.

and i have ready many many books on the 'sring theory' and the 'm theory'...though you can NEVER prove it is more than a theory. that is why there are so many leading scientists that are sceptics and dismiss the m theory all together because it can never be proven in a 'real' scientific experiement. othe than the M or 'string' theory, you cannot tie in all the energies of the universe in one equation...always always always gravity gets in the way,. while, in theory and mather, the m theory is the best weve got to go on about 'unifying' all the universes energies into one 'formula'...it is a far cry from provern FACT.

and yes...kindergarden.

Arachnoidfreak
Of course it's JUST theory...in real life. That's not we are discussing here is it? It is fictional character vs fictional character. Magneto is the personified version of the Unified Field Theory. Hulk is a man that was trnsformed from a man into the personification infinite strength, using radiation. NEITHER of which is possible in real life. You make your own argument crumble with "pleeeease, this cannot be proven, hence it is a "theory"" Take that shit to kindergarden.

Me and Magneto win, both you and Hulk lose. I'm done here, you obviously won't change your mind, and I'm getting tired of repeating myself. And yes, this was the most arrogant statement I have ever made in my life, and you can take it that way.

nomsans
well...physics is physics and there is no 'theories' in physics that are facts. none. this includes the unified theory your talking about. maybe in fiction it can happen if you have anal writers that dont know better. but in real life, physics are based on facts NOT theories.
there is two cool books called the science of superheroes and the science of super villains. they bothe came out very recently. the 1st one the science of spuerheroes, won many award a couple years ago. it explains away all the things like for example " if super man can hold up an entire building, how come the building doesnt simply just fall apart" kinds of questions. it is veeery well thought out so ive read. i am in the process of obtaining either of the two books. the later, supervillain one has a basic theories of M and the STRING theory.
i like it when the stuff i read is intelligent. marvel hasnt always been true, but from what i hear, these books are really the ones to get to really have any kind of hard evidence to back up either one of our arguments.

in my opinion, i think that the hulks power can over come any beings force in marvel's universe. especially magneto, since there are so many more powerful beings in the marvel universe that hulk has battled throughout his prolific career that are much more powerful beings than mags, that magneto really doesnt stand a chance , alone.
if marvel did decide to write a comic book story in which hulk and magneto somehow fight, the motivation would obviously be money. (which is just like marvel), and they would hype up the match too.
so that is proly the main reason why they never fought before, because it wouldnt be a good fight and no money for marvel.
your arguement that it would not be a good fight because magneto would decimate hulk and hulk is no match, is no good because if there was really someone out there in the MAIN marvel universe that could possibly beat the hulk but for some unkown reason has not yet fought the hulk, then that would be a seller...and marvel for sure would have written that one.
the fact of the matter is...that marvel never wrote this one because hulk's power is so missed match with mags that hulk would inadvertantly kill magneto's frail human body...and no one wants to see one of the coolest mutant villains of all time die...and not even by the hands of another powerful mutant or x-man.
this is why, simply put, the hulk would smash magneto.
in the marvel universe of course...mags as a much better chance in another parallel universe or interdimensional realm of some kind. or with out help.
now if mags got some help...then he would have a fighting chance...and in marvel's universe, he would most definetely call upon charles xavier and his x-men for help against the hulk. and we all know that. its elementary.

and you know marvel would name the series 'the death of magneto' or some 'money making' title like that.

FrothByte
can i ask a question, if magneto was able to control polarized molecules, has there been already an instance where he ripped a person apart?

spyrokinesi35
there are dozens of ways that magneto can kill people. which is anywhere form levitating a knive at them to crushing them by altering the earth's magnetic fields

norrin radd

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
Wow. Do you even know what fiction is? I'm tired of posting links to prove you wrong. Go look it up. In fiction, ANYTHING is possible(not "maybe"wink, and it's not due to anal writers. An example of an anal writer would be someone who contradicts his own rules, or some stupid shit like that.

nomsans
fiction is best when based on real science. hence: science fiction.
fiction sucks when it is unbelievable...like your views of magnetos powers.

Ytaker
Magneto is very powerful because he can control lots. Hulk is powerful because he has nuclear strength. Does no one listen? Zappy bolty things will fail, due to the hulks incredible endurance. Nobody knows whether the hulk has enough metal in him to kill him. He can smash out of big oil tankers. Saying that he'd just use gamma radiation is like saying that he'd use kryptonite against superman; unlikely that he'd know.

Don't ignore basic logic. Magneto's power is large. Hulk's is focused. He can bloody leap across bloody planes if Magneto throws him away. Think about those things whilst posting arguements.

Arachnoidfreak
I said I was done here, but I need to get this out. Here, I'm going to make a proof for you.

Statement
1. All matter has positive and negative particles, Protons and electrons, respectively.

Reason
1. This is proven scientific fact.

Statement
2. Protons and electrons(as well as the rest of the atom) are held together by electromagnetic force.

Reason
2. This is proven scientific fact.

Statement
3. Magneto controls electromagnetism and all related energies.

Reason
3. This is a fact. Given by Marvel, the company that created Magneto.

Statement
4. Magneto can control protons and electrons.

Reason
4. Magneto controls electromagnetism.

Statement
5. Multiple atoms are held together by electromagnetism.

Reason
5. This is proven scientific fact.

Statement
6. Magneto can control all matter.

Reason
6. Magneto controls protons and electrons through electromagnetism.

Proof: Magneto controls all matter.

What's so unbelievable? I used logic, and ONLY logic to come up with all of what Magneto can potentially do. I have never once pulled a power for Magneto out of my ass. Magneto may have to be at his full potential power-wise to do some of the things I have stated, but nothing is out of his grasp.

Ok, that's it. I'm officialy done here, I'm not coming back to this thread to debate any longer.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>