The Official "Death Note" Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChakraStrings
Death Note struck me as an odd manga, but once I figured out what a 'Death Note' was, it became pretty interesting. Not many people probably know about it, it is somewhat new, but it's becoming one of my favorite mangas there is.

naruto641
yep it is a good manga, alot of talking though. Its kinda cool how Raito and L figure stuff out and plan things. Both of them are real geniuses.

ChakraStrings
That's true. Yeah, and there is a lot of talking. I just like the idea of "The Death Note" it's pretty cool. Write someones name down and how they die. Though, it looks to me like Light was going insane...

naruto641
Light is insane.....lol He wants to take over the world and to judge whats right and whats wrong for everybody

ChakraStrings
Yeah, hehe, sounds like somebody I know... anyhow... Another downside to the manga is that the scenes flow into one another to quickly. It's quite hard to explain really...

naruto641
It also full of mostly boys lol. There are pretty much only two girls that participate in the manga and one of them dies. The other one I wont tell since it might be a spoiler

ChakraStrings
Haha, that is pretty funny. And, yeah don't tell me I don't like spoilers. -_- Well, I wouldn't count the demons as 'boys' I count them as "undefined"

TheQuincy
"undefined" is a good way to put it chakra. Death note is pretty sick though.

ChakraStrings
It is, very sick. Some of the killings (in the first manga) were cool. The traffic accident was my all time favorite so far. Imagine yourself though... if you had a Death Note, kind've scary but fascinating at the sametime don't you think?

naruto641
My fave part was when Light made that guy hijack the bus and then kill himself. I mean it was set up so perfectly as to not reveal Light as the person with the Deathnote.

ChakraStrings
Yeah, that was pretty sick... I kind've liked the first or second manga, he makes the biker go into a traffic accident. It just looks so cool to have a Death Note (not that I'd kill everyone in the world with it).

Mønkey
yeah Death Note is awesome! have you heard of the movie thats coming out?

supersayin4goku
dude where do u hear about this anima

BunnyCupCakes

FullMetalLover1
()()
('."wink
(uu)
cool!eek! i made a bunny! sry for the randomness~

Mønkey
Bunny! eek! cute!
Originally posted by BunnyCupCakes
Heh,I heard about that alrite. I saw the preveiw but there's not much images on how the characters will look like in real life. Basically u can only see black & hear weird noises. Freaky preveiw but if your a real Death Note fan,I think its worth waiting for. I wanna see it sooo bad!!!

I love DN anywayz. My fav is L but too bad he......I won't say*cough*
Light's kool too but sometimes I think he's losing it. He's alittle wacko in the head 2 me...lol 'L' is me fav to! eek! and that *cough* bit was very very saddening... you gotta love Remu cry

anyway.. yes the trailer did look very very freaky i loved the floating apple bit.... creepy but cool... can't wait to see what the CG Shinigami look like!

BigVillain6
Something that always struck me about this series is that in the first chapter or two Light had this kind of shiny/innocent look in his eye and then for the rest of the series he's all squinty/murderous. I'm serious, check it out.

Mønkey
*goes to check*

*rubs eyes and looks again*

hey! youe right! thats awesome!

KingDubya
I saw book 1 in Books-A-Million while I was looking for other mangas. I was thinking about buying it, but it seemed a little too dark to me, so I decided not to.

Lovely Murder
i saw it at the bookstore, and only read the first few pages and it does seem interesting, though slightly morbid...
i will check it out now.

Mønkey
It may be a little disturbed and dark at first but the plot sucks you in and then you cant stop reading it!

banjak4eva
hey my friend really recomended that .. do you know where i can get a link to it?

Mønkey
a good place to go is here!
http://mangaviewer.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=manga&PHPSESSID=7d948693a6a72b9b8b4dc477745a1bf3

Quincy Archer
All the deathnote fans out there, instead of wishing they'd finally make Deathnote an anime series, Japan is releasing 2 LIVE ACTION DEATH NOTE MOVIES this year!!!!

Quincy Archer
Alright everyone, I give you, a trailer with english subtitles! Wooo!!

L...OWNS ALL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NmhxbLXQbg

ChakraStrings
HEY! I want to get this back up again for I just started to recently get back into the series. And nice try Quincy for trying to spawn this. If you haven't all ready checked out Death Note, it is one sick manga so I suggest it to any Manga fanatic. Anyhow, there's got to be some other Death Note fans out there as well... so, here's your rebirthed thread.

Quincy Archer
yo heres ur avvys

Quincy Archer
and

ChakraStrings
Sweeet, thanks Quincy. And can I ask where you can get ahold of these?

Quincy Archer
I just search dude.

Quincy Archer

Quincy Archer

ChakraStrings
Sweet. Death note is so awesome, I can't wait until the release of the movie. The characters are all so cool... ah well, the acting looks great too and it's in Japaense which makes it ten times cooler.

Quincy Archer
Chakra doesn't know anything about death note

ChakraStrings
Shut up.

I made the thread didn't I?

Quincy Archer
I said alot of mean things that embarrased you. I'll delete them.

Edit:

ChakraStrings
Haha. Jerk. Anyhow, the Death Note Movie looks good. I'm just confused about the plot. It looks like it's going to be the first few mangas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quincy Archer
Incorrect. It goes up to when Light and L first meet. You can read a summary for it on deathgod.org.

ChakraStrings
Have you ever got the feeling we're alone in those thread? ... And thanks, I'm going to read up on it now.

Quincy Archer
perhaps a little bit.

Quincy Archer

Quincy Archer

Quincy Archer

unfriendly
i love death note... too bad i have a minor case of amnesia...

the real kind of amnesia, not the kind you always see in the movies....

i cannot wait for the movie either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.