This changed my life!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
Do you long for personal happiness, world peace and prosperity? Well, then I would like to share my discovery with everyone else. Please visit the following 2 web sites - seriously and contemplatively consider their common message:

http://members.freezone.co.uk/sunspark/nmhrk/home.htm

http://www.sgi.org/english/Buddhism/buddhism.htm

debbiejo
Are you a Buddhist?...And yes I've heard of this.... smile...Something to do with the vibrations of the words.

Wonderer
Yes, I have become a Buddhist, or at least, I'm in the process. It's not only the vibrations of the words, but more so, the meaning of the words and chanting them over and over to infuse your whole being with their message.

I was a pessimistic atheist, but now I am a positive Buddhist-in-the-making!

debbiejo
Cool!!!!....I'll have to read further....sounds interesting...

Wonderer
Yes, please read on. For me, at first it seemed a bit weird and unreal(Shakyamunison told me about it, something for which I am very greatfull); then it started to seem really interesting, but now it seems really essential for my own and others happiness.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ohm me to' for!

jerlark386
Wow. People really can affect each other. Even if its through the internet. On a general discussion forum on a site about killermovies. This is the most inspiring thread I've seen here yet.

Wonderer
Oh yes, it's all about affecting other people in a good way. The more people can carry the word of loving-kindness to all living beings, the better the world will become. We must all strive towards creating a value filled and suffering-free society.

You can begin by chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, which means basically 'to devote oneself to the mystical law and eternal rhythm of the Lotus flower of the universe'.

The lotus flower is central to the Buddhist's way of life. To read more about this amazing plant, go to: http://www.anaflora.com/articles/fe-profiles/lotus-flower.html

debbiejo
I own many "flower essence" they work on a vibrational level also...yes I know about that flower...many flowers have great properties for healing.

Wonderer
I find that Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) works very well for stress.

Do you know where I can get Lotus essence oil?

finti
as a substitute for Lotus Espirit motor oil............sorry I just had to

Wonderer

Victor Von Doom
There was, a few years back, a cult in Japan which had as its purpose the act of laughing at any bad news.

It reminded me of that Simpsons episode with the thing about the latest craze, 'food wasting', which involved cooking food then putting it in the bin.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

It reminded me of that Simpsons episode with the thing about the latest craze, 'food wasting', which involved cooking food then putting it in the bin.

Wasting food like that is sick, if you think of the starving millions out there. I think The Simpsons is a very negative show. It's ok to laugh at natural ocurances, but acting wasteful on purpose is sick.

We must have compassion for sick people.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Wonderer
I find that Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) works very well for stress.

Do you know where I can get Lotus essence oil?

I did a search on the net under "Flower essence", or...let me , hey I have Lotus here at home......FES...is another name it comes by. Flower Essence Services in California...

finti
the essence of a plastic flower

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
the essence of a plastic flower

laughing out loud

FLOWER POWER!!!!!

Wonderer
finti - Jukebox or Jokebox?

finti
prefer Jukebox but jokebox well a good one

well if it has to do with plastic, damn duracell

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
prefer Jukebox but jokebox well a good one

well if it has to do with plastic, damn duracell

Oooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

finti
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

debbiejo
Bees?????....bees like flowers.....OH....yes buzzing....and gettin buzzed... laughing out loud

Wonderer
Do you long for personal happiness, world peace and prosperity? Well, then I would like to share my discovery with everyone else. Please visit the following 2 web sites - seriously and contemplatively consider their common message:

Wow! It's been just about 8 months already since I became a Buddhist and I'm still going strong! I'm still not smoking and still of the pills and medication. I think my being has been changed on such a fundamental level that I can never go back.

Has anyone else ever gone through such a change, good or bad?

Bardock42

Don't all of those "personal happiness, world peace and prosperity", basically come back to "personal happiness"? I mean, aren't the two others pointless?

Wonderer
Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't all of those "personal happiness, world peace and prosperity", basically come back to "personal happiness"? I mean, aren't the two others pointless?
Yes, in a sense it does boil down to personal happiness. Then again, do you think we as individuals can really be happy if the rest of the world is suffering? What about compassion? But I think before we should strive for the happiness of others, we should first see to ourselves, so that we are in the right condition to help others and to show them what's possible by example.

Bardock42
Yes, in a sense it does boil down to personal happiness. Then again, do you think we as individuals can really be happy if the rest of the world is suffering? What about compassion? But I think before we should strive for the happiness of others, we should first see to ourselves, so that we are in the right condition to help others and to show them what's possible by example.

Yes, I think we as individuals can be happy with th eworld around us suffering...well, some of us.
I hardly believe in compassion.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, I think we as individuals can be happy with th eworld around us suffering...well, some of us.
I hardly believe in compassion.
Why don't you believe in compassion? Wouldn't you have wanted people to have compassion for you if you were unfortunate? Or do you believe it's simply everyone for himself? How about if your mother/father/girlfriend/wife/child or whoever is very close to you suffers - don't you have compassion for them?

Bardock42
Why don't you believe in compassion? Wouldn't you have wanted people to have compassion for you if you were unfortunate? Or do you believe it's simply everyone for himself? How about if your mother/father/girlfriend/wife/child or whoever is very close to you suffers - don't you have compassion for them?

I might have wanted them toi be compassinate , but they just can't.

I would feel unhappy, biut not because of them, but because I feel bad if something bad happens to them. If you wish to call that compassion, that'S okay, but it's jsut the same as any other feeling...very selfish.

Justbyfaith

Thanks for the offer, but I found peace 11 years ago. His name is Jesus.

"You will keep him in perfect peace who's mind is stayed on you."

Isaiah 26:3

Justbyfaith

Jesus believed in compassion.

When he saw the multitudes of people He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.

Matthew 9:36

This also applies today as it did then.

debbiejo
Well, people get quite cranky if they're not fed proberly.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

He must of learned that trick from Dionysis.....

Mindship
"Above all else, a god needs compassion!"
--James T. Kirk, Where No Man Has Gone Before
smile

Wonderer
Originally posted by Justbyfaith
Thanks for the offer, but I found peace 11 years ago. His name is Jesus.

"You will keep him in perfect peace who's mind is stayed on you."

Isaiah 26:3

Yup, I agree, Jesus and Christianity, just as any other religion can offer you enlightenment and peace. I'm happy for you. smile
Originally posted by Mindship
"Above all else, a god needs compassion!"
--James T. Kirk, Where No Man Has Gone Before
smile
Is that we must have compassion for a god, or he for us? Either way it makes sense though! It must be just as hard for a god to be a god, as it is for a human to be human. All is relative...

K.Diddy
beer This changed my life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.