KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » This changed my life!

This changed my life!
Started by: Wonderer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonderer

Smile This changed my life!

Do you long for personal happiness, world peace and prosperity? Well, then I would like to share my discovery with everyone else. Please visit the following 2 web sites - seriously and contemplatively consider their common message:

http://members.freezone.co.uk/sunspark/nmhrk/home.htm

http://www.sgi.org/english/Buddhism/buddhism.htm

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:01 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Are you a Buddhist?...And yes I've heard of this.... smile...Something to do with the vibrations of the words.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:11 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Yes, I have become a Buddhist, or at least, I'm in the process. It's not only the vibrations of the words, but more so, the meaning of the words and chanting them over and over to infuse your whole being with their message.

I was a pessimistic atheist, but now I am a positive Buddhist-in-the-making!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:18 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Cool!!!!....I'll have to read further....sounds interesting...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:22 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Yes, please read on. For me, at first it seemed a bit weird and unreal(Shakyamunison told me about it, something for which I am very greatfull); then it started to seem really interesting, but now it seems really essential for my own and others happiness.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:33 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Ohm me to' for!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:36 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow. People really can affect each other. Even if its through the internet. On a general discussion forum on a site about killermovies. This is the most inspiring thread I've seen here yet.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 10:40 AM
jerlark386 is currently offline Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Oh yes, it's all about affecting other people in a good way. The more people can carry the word of loving-kindness to all living beings, the better the world will become. We must all strive towards creating a value filled and suffering-free society.

You can begin by chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, which means basically 'to devote oneself to the mystical law and eternal rhythm of the Lotus flower of the universe'.
quote:
The word, Renge in the chant, means lotus flower. The lotus blooms and produces seeds at the same time, and thus represents the simultaneity of cause and effect. The circumstances and quality of our individual lives is determined by the particular of causes and effects, both good and bad, that we accumulate (through our thoughts, words and actions) at each moment. This is called our "karma". The law of cause and effect explains that we each have personal responsibility for our own destiny. We create our destiny and we can change it. The most powerful cause we can make is to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the effect of Buddhahood is simultaneously created in the depths of our life and will definitely manifest in time.
The lotus flower grows and blooms in a muddy pond, and yet remains pristine and free from any defilement, symbolizing the emergence of Buddhahood from within the life of an ordinary person.

The lotus flower is central to the Buddhist's way of life. To read more about this amazing plant, go to: http://www.anaflora.com/articles/fe...tus-flower.html

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:21 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I own many "flower essence" they work on a vibrational level also...yes I know about that flower...many flowers have great properties for healing.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:31 AM
Wonderer

I find that Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) works very well for stress.

Do you know where I can get Lotus essence oil?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 12:59 PM
finti

quote:
as a substitute for Lotus Espirit motor oil............sorry I just had to

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:14 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

No, it's a good joke. Although I'm becoming a Buddhist, I'll never lose my sense of humor. Life is funny after all. In fact, here is a quote by a Buddhist:
quote:
Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter.

—Longchenpa(14th century Tibet)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:48 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

There was, a few years back, a cult in Japan which had as its purpose the act of laughing at any bad news.

It reminded me of that Simpsons episode with the thing about the latest craze, 'food wasting', which involved cooking food then putting it in the bin.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:50 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

It reminded me of that Simpsons episode with the thing about the latest craze, 'food wasting', which involved cooking food then putting it in the bin.

Wasting food like that is sick, if you think of the starving millions out there. I think The Simpsons is a very negative show. It's ok to laugh at natural ocurances, but acting wasteful on purpose is sick.

We must have compassion for sick people.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:56 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Wonderer
I find that Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) works very well for stress.

I did a search on the net under "Flower essence", or...let me , hey I have Lotus here at home......FES...is another name it comes by. Flower Essence Services in California...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:58 PM
finti

the essence of a plastic flower

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:02 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by finti
the essence of a plastic flower

laughing out loud

FLOWER POWER!!!!!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:03 PM
Wonderer

finti - Jukebox or Jokebox?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:04 PM
finti

prefer Jukebox but jokebox well a good one

quote:
FLOWER POWER!!!!!
well if it has to do with plastic, damn duracell

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:11 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by finti
prefer Jukebox but jokebox well a good one

well if it has to do with plastic, damn duracell

Oooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:15 PM