Rammstein

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mattador
These guys are good. If you dont already know, they are a German metal band. Lots of good songs. My personal fav is Du Hast.

Anyone else like them?

SnakeEyes
I've heard 2 of their songs, and in my opinion, they're not very good. I mean, from the 2 I've heard, the guitar quality is average at best and for the most part, the lead singer repeats the same lyrics numerous times throughout the intro, middle and end. Too repetitive for me. They could have better songs though, but I just haven't heard them.

mattador
Yes, a little repititive but hey, they're German, lol j/k.

Go here to listen to most of their other songs and tell me what you think big grin

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I've heard 2 of their songs, and in my opinion, they're not very good. I mean, from the 2 I've heard, the guitar quality is average at best and for the most part, the lead singer repeats the same lyrics numerous times throughout the intro, middle and end. Too repetitive for me. They could have better songs though, but I just haven't heard them.

I suggest hearing more than two songs. They're excellent.

He doesn't repeat the lyrics does he? No. Let's be realistic. Unless you mean chorus, in which case yes he does. That's why it's a chorus.

What do you mean the guitar work is average? Whether it's difficult or not, it sounds really good.

-AC

Phat J
they have some crazy videos, and some really great songs.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

He doesn't repeat the lyrics does he? No. Let's be realistic. Unless you mean chorus, in which case yes he does. That's why it's a chorus.

What do you mean the guitar work is average? Whether it's difficult or not, it sounds really good.

-AC

Of the two songs, one is probably "Du Hast". Go figure.

Download tracks off of "Mutter". It's more experimental than their older stuff. IMO, their best album is "Herzeleid", or "Heartache" in English.

SnakeEyes

-AC

I'll go check out more songs then and tell you what I think. Keep in mind I only had 2 songs to go by, and so my opinion wasn't completely valid. For lyrical repeating, I was referring to the song "Ich Will." (Which is one of the 2 songs I've heard from them. And I wasn't talking about the chorus).

Yeah I meant the guitar work. It didn't sound too complicated, but I'll look more into it.

Myth
This band is one of the top bands that I have yet to see live. My favorite song is probably Freuer Frei but I have like 30 of their songs and most are very very good.

MildPossession
I'm looking forwards to getting the new album, I enjoy Rammsteins' music a lot.

Spiral Goddess
I've heard a few of their songs.
My favorite one is Engel ( I heard both English and German versions ! )

Imaginary
I've only heard Amerika but I like that.

Darth Revan
I'll go check out more songs then and tell you what I think. Keep in mind I only had 2 songs to go by, and so my opinion wasn't completely valid. For lyrical repeating, I was referring to the song "Ich Will." (Which is one of the 2 songs I've heard from them. And I wasn't talking about the chorus).

Yeah I meant the guitar work. It didn't sound too complicated, but I'll look more into it.

Guitar doesn't have to be complicated to sound good.

SnakeEyes
Was that really necessary? Did you HAVE to repeat what AC already said? I understood it the first time.

Wolflet
Rammstein is awesome I can't wait to get their new album
Fav song: Sonne
Fav video: Mein Teil

Myth
Originally posted by Spiral Goddess
I've heard a few of their songs.
My favorite one is Engel ( I heard both English and German versions ! )

I think the English versions suck. His voice only sounds cool in German.

eggmayo
Sehnsucht...

Wolflet
Originally posted by Myth
I think the English versions suck. His voice only sounds cool in German.
Agreed

Aini
I hate it when till tries to sing english... it just sounds stupid

Bierbommetje
Yep, Rammstein rule. Anyone got their new album? I've only heard Benzin, which sounds pretty good.

Darth Revan
Was that really necessary? Did you HAVE to repeat what AC already said? I understood it the first time.

Well, you still posted "doesn't sound too complicated" AFTER he made the comment about difficult guitar parts. Which implied that you either hadn't read or didn't understand what he said...

MetallicaT
Adios
Nebel
Sonne
Reise, Reise

are very good songs

cool_dudes_rule
i dont really like them that much i dont like listening to stuff that i dont understand.

long pig
I don't like the english versions of their songs. But, who does?

I always wondered why they didn't catch on around here, and Manson did?

They're superb.

LonelyDarkness
does anyone have their new album and is it good?
coz i havent got round to buying it yet seeing as i dont have enough money =(

Bierbommetje
Bringing this thread back, cause Rammstein... suck. No, not really, but I am dissapointed with the new album.

I just got it and I nearly fell asleep on first listen. Benzin is the only track I like so far. I could have know, seeing as the album came a lot quicker then their other albums. It seems rather rushed. Seems they are simply exploiting their formula.

Anyone think otherwise?

Alpha Centauri
Might be because it's a collection of songs leftover from when they made Reise, Reise...

Maybe. But what do I know? I only pay attention to bands before dissing them.

-AC

Bierbommetje
They still half-assed it. With a bit more effort this could have been good.

Alpha Centauri
What are you talking about? Listen to how intricate they made it.

The only album I can think of that's made of "leftovers" is Perfect Pitch Black by Cave In.

Spring is one of their best songs. It's still very good for a collection of non-album worthy material.

-AC

TigerEyes

Bierbommetje
Spring is one of their best songs. It's still very good for a collection of non-album worthy material.

-AC

Non-album worthy material, yet they put it on a fullprice album. Therefore, Ill judge it like any other album. And IMO its not very good.

Alpha Centauri
Well why are you ignorantly judging it because of price, not music?

-AC

Bierbommetje
I am judging it on music, I was referring to me seeing this as a proper album based on the price. It's priced the same as their other albums (and most new albums). Therefore Illl compare it to their other albums. And in comparison, the MUSIC pales.

Alpha Centauri
Well it IS a new album to us. We haven't heard it before. The pricing is fair. I don't shop in rip off stores though.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Yep, its a new album. Which brings me to my first point.

I am dissapointed with it.

StinkFist462
Well it IS a new album to us. We haven't heard it before. The pricing is fair. I don't shop in rip off stores though.

-AC

not everyone has the kind of money to just go out and buy CDs all the time..

and the album has a few good tracks but overall its mediocore. but you couldnt really expect more from leftovers.

Alpha Centauri
I thought it was a really good album considering that it was leftovers.

-AC

StinkFist462
I thought it was a really good album considering that it was leftovers.

-AC

there was a few surprises.

like Spring for example. why didnt that make it? its probably one of Rammsteins best.

Alpha Centauri
Leftovers aren't necessarily left over because they're deemed not good enough.

They just might not fit into the album. I'm guessing that's why.

-AC

Bierbommetje
On a positive note, the artwork is probably the best of any Rammstein album. Love the cover.

Alpha Centauri
It's the Japanese Reise, Reise artwork.

-AC

swedish_bum
-Benzin
-Rosenrot
-Los
-Amour
-reise, reise
-Links 2, 3, 4
-Du hast
-Du riechst so gut
-Hilf mir
-Te quiero puta

Rammstein Are God's on making Good music!

Bierbommetje
Rosenrot has kinda grown on me, though its still their weakest to date IMO.

Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann, Spring, Zerstoren and Te Quiero Puta! are good songs. The rest has its moments.

Jawa Lord
Originally posted by Bierbommetje
Rosenrot has kinda grown on me, though its still their weakest to date IMO.

Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann, Spring, Zerstoren and Te Quiero Puta! are good songs. The rest has its moments.

Ah.... All from Rosenrot. Good choices.

Hmm... Me?

Sonne (Ultimate favorite)
Mein Teil
Reise Reise
Mann Gegen Mann
Spring
Zerstoren
Benzin
Sehnsucht

Nazgulinthedark
Bump!

Originally posted by mattador
These guys are good. If you dont already know, they are a German metal band. Lots of good songs. My personal fav is Du Hast.

Anyone else like them?

They're my favorite happy my german techer is a huge fan of theirs, so shes made Rammstein converts out of all her students! eek!

RogerRamjet
oh how lovely...they could read out recipes for fluffy-puffy pancakes, intonate it with 2 chords and some grunts and you kids would go: woha dude!!...sounds rad, man...let's go buy!!

Nazgulinthedark
i like rock so much better when i don't know what theyre saying, american rock has the most ridiculous lyrics

RogerRamjet
unfortunately i perfectly understand, what they're singin' and that's not very different from the ridiculous american/british/finnish/you name it lyrics...

Nazgulinthedark
yes, and i hate when people translate rammstein for me, cause it makes me not like it because it has the same dumb ass lyrics

Alpha Centauri
I don't give a shit about the lyrics. Till could be singing about eggs and flour for all I care, he still has a great voice and they still make great music.

-AC

Nazgulinthedark
he sings about the boogeyman too smile

Alpha Centauri
So? He can sing about whatever he wants.

It's not as if I'd walk up to every other member and say "I'm not liking your music now." "Why?" "Because of the words he is singing."

I think it's ridiculous to not like MUSIC because of the lyrics. It's like saying certain poetry is shit because the paper it's written on is pink.

-AC

Nazgulinthedark
no, its like saying i dont like certian peotry because the words are stupid. music should make sense. its not only about how it sounds, which it should sound good, which is why i like rammstein so much. but music is like poety set to music. and if that poetry is crap, the music can only do so much to help it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
music should make sense. its not only about how it sounds, which it should sound good, which is why i like rammstein so much. but music is like poety set to music. and if that poetry is crap, the music can only do so much to help it.

The music does make sense. You just don't like the lyrics.

If you're out to try and prove that the lyrics affect the music then you aren't going to get anywhere.

Music is like...music. That's what music is. If you listen to music for lyrics then you're simply missing the point. I buy a Rammstein CD to listen to the musicians on it, Till's voice, not the words coming out of his mouth. If I cared about those I'd go to their site and read the lyrics.

You seem to have the very backward belief that it's the music's job to help the lyrics. It's not, it's on it's own. Music is music, lyrics are a guest in music. Not the host.

-AC

RogerRamjet
see? and i think that if you wrap a pile of monkey crap into fancy wrapping paper and tie it with a nice favour, you still have shit...

Nazgulinthedark
The music does make sense. You just don't like the lyrics.

Music is like...music. That's what music is. If you listen to music for lyrics then you're simply missing the point. I buy a Rammstein CD to listen to the musicians on it, Till's voice, not the words coming out of his mouth.
-AC

and thats exactly why i listen to rammstein. when i listen to music, i have to listen to the lyrics, call it a bad habit, but i listen to lyrics and i like good lyrics, and dislike bad lyrics, like other people like good music and dislike bad music. and some lyrics i just don't like, and thats why i dont listen to music that goes with them, thats true. but lots are just stupid and dont make any sense at all.

Alpha Centauri
Right, so? So some lyrics are stupid, so what?

No true MUSIC fan would stop liking the music because of it. The Mars Volta certainly wouldn't have any fans.

-AC

Nazgulinthedark
this is pretty much what im trying to say.

no matter how good the music is, the stupid lyrics are the monkey crap stinking it up.

Alpha Centauri
That's now what you're trying to say though.

You're claiming how much you love the music, yet make a point to say how something that essentially doesn't matter...is ruining it for you.

Highly illogical. No amount of bad lyrics will every ruin good music for me at least. You'd have to be buying it for the lyrics for that to matter.

-AC

Nazgulinthedark

You're claiming how much you love the music, yet make a point to say how something that essentially doesn't matter...is ruining it for you.

-AC

essentially doesn't matter? you must be crazy. (Leaving aside music with no words) its about expression right? saying what youre feeling and like that. Thats what music is. look at old country for a good example, thats music sung from the heart. when you have nonsense lyrics you ruin the spirit of good music. thats whats ruining it for me.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
essentially doesn't matter? you must be crazy. (Leaving aside music with no words) its about expression right? saying what youre feeling and like that. Thats what music is. look at old country for a good example, thats music sung from the heart. when you have nonsense lyrics you ruin the spirit of good music. thats whats ruining it for me.

Yes, lyrics essentially don't matter, to me at least.

Music is about emotion. Lyrics just define the emotion a bit. Vocals are an instrument, what they are SAYING doesn't matter.

-AC

Nazgulinthedark
Yes, lyrics essentially don't matter, to me at least.

Music is about emotion. Lyrics just define the emotion a bit. Vocals are an instrument, what they are SAYING doesn't matter.

-AC

all we're getting down to is if lyrics matter or not, and that's personal opinion. Lyrics matter to me.

Alpha Centauri
Then how can you truly love the music when you'll allow something that isn't even connected nor affecting, to alter your perception of it?

-AC

Deano
lyrics dont matter much to me. its the music.

Bardock42
Then how can you truly love the music when you'll allow something that isn't even connected nor affecting, to alter your perception of it?

-AC

Well, she got a point though. If the lyrics are bad they an certainly spoil a song. Not because it sounds bad then, but because one feels bad by listening to the lyrics.

Alpha Centauri
No it doesn't. By a long shot.

I don't listen to The Darkness singing about genital warts and think "Oh god these lyrics suck! Never listening to the band again!" because I love the music.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.