Exar runs the continous gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I feel like giving this thing a go.

Exar has no rest inbetween fights and carries all fatigue and injuries of the previous fight.

1. ROTS Anakin

2. Maul

3. Jango and Boba(NJO Boba)

4. Mace

5. Dooku

6. Yoda

7. Vodo

Great Vengeance
He falls at Yoda probably.

IKC
No rest? He'll go through the entire gauntlet several times then before finally getting tired. But nobody except 7 or perhaps 6 will take him down.

Great Vengeance
Yoda is far more powerful than Vodo.

Darth_Glentract
Can you prove that, GV?

IKC
Hardly. Vodo would curbstomp Yoda. Show me where Yoda uses advanced force techniques on par with Vodo (i.e. making a simple wooden staff as powerful as a lightsaber). Why do you think he's listed above Yoda?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by IKC
Hardly. Vodo would curbstomp Yoda. Show me where Yoda uses advanced force techniques on par with Vodo (i.e. making a simple wooden staff as powerful as a lightsaber). Why do you think he's listed above Yoda?

That technique didnt help him much when Kun owned him. I dont see what the fuss is about Vodo hes nothing special, Yoda is so powerful they thought he was the prophecised chosen one when he was growing up, the only problem was that he had a father.

Darth_Glentract
First, Vodo is six hundred. Yoda doesn't have much of an advantage in this catagorey for amount of time to learn about the Force(percentage wise).

Second, Vodo was considered a grandmaster. I figure this pretty much means head of the Order like other similar groups like the Jedi(Taekwondo for example).

Third, Jedi in Vodo's time were generally better than PT Jedi.

Fourth. Vodo may have fought against Nadd and some of the other True Sith. Added to his experince in the Great Sith War, he has more War experince than Yoda.

IKC
Nor would holding up your hands help much when an avalanche is rushing towards you. It's a testament to Kun's power, not Vodo's weakness.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
That technique didnt help him much when Kun owned him. I dont see what the fuss is about Vodo hes nothing special, Yoda is so powerful they thought he was the prophecised chosen one when he was growing up, the only problem was that he had a father.

Can I see a OFFICIAL source for Yoda being thought to be the Chosen One. I think this is just widely spread fandom, such as Yoda being a Whill.

Also, where does it mention that the Chosen One couldn't have a father?

Even still, Anakin was the Chosen One, yet he got wasted pretty badly.

Ianus
Agreed. Vodo is over Yoda in saber skill.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
First, Vodo is six hundred. Yoda doesn't have much of an advantage in this catagorey for amount of time to learn about the Force(percentage wise).

Second, Vodo was considered a grandmaster. I figure this pretty much means head of the Order like other similar groups like the Jedi(Taekwondo for example).

Third, Jedi in Vodo's time were generally better than PT Jedi.

Fourth. Vodo may have fought against Nadd and some of the other True Sith. Added to his experince in the Great Sith War, he has more War experince than Yoda.

1.Yoda is 900, thats 150% of Vodo which is quite an advantage.

2.So was Yoda...So were many jedi throughout history.

3.You havent proved that Glentract.

4.Sidious was a true sith also, the conception that sidious is weak compared to the ancient sith is one of many agreements among the forum I doubt.

IKC
Saying the age makes any difference at all, you should then support the assertion that Palpatine could beat Mace Windu in a straight saber battle, since he's significantly older.

Yoda was never considered grandmaster. Name one other besides Vodo who was.

Yes they were. Find one Jedi in the PT who could strip the Force from someone or use Battle Meditation.

Sidious was a powerful Sith, for his time. But let's see Sidious waltz into the Senate like he owns the place while several Jedi are watching, not hide his power, use Sith magic to freeze the entire senate body, and slay the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order while rescuing his apprentice.

He has nothing on the Ancient Sith.

Ianus
1.Yoda is 900, thats 150% of Vodo which is quite an advantage.

This operates under the assumption that Yoda's 900 years ended up in more lightsaber mastery than Vodo's 600. And considering that Yoda was only slightly better than Sidious, only a fool would think Yoda > Vodo. Really, if you're gonna sling around ages and percentiles, show EVIDENCE.

3.You havent proved that Glentract.

Well, in a time of relatively little training (since the jedi weren't trained from youth) Ulic held his own with a Sith Lord of considerable power. While this is only one case of such, it is pretty damn impressive.

4.Sidious was a true sith also, the conception that sidious is weak compared to the ancient sith is one of many agreements among the forum I doubt.

I don't think Vodo had a lot of experience fighting Sith. None that I can recall, anyways.

IKC
Vodo was 600 years old at the time of his death. Freedon Nadd, while not a Lord of the Sith, had died 400 years earlier. It's reasonable to assume Vodo participated.

Darth_Glentract
Vodo was the lead Jedi in the Great Sith War and I read he had something to do with fighting Nadd(it might have been the Krath).

Ianus
Ah, you're right. I just didn't recall at the time of posting.

Escape81
When will people learn that age is not always a determining factor of power? For example. By that logic, Yoda himself would have been able to utterly and totally obliterate the likes of Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, but both managed to put him to the test!

Some people are naturally stronger Force-users than others. In some cases, innate power (if trained properly) negates the ominious bonuses and advantages of experience.

Vodo is beyond Yoda in saber ability and in Force power. This is not because he lived in a time where the average Jedi was stronger than the ones during the Prequel Trilogy, but because of his own noteworthy achievements.

Consider:

Yoda was barely able to stand up to Sidious, who despite being a powerful Sith Lord, is a mere child compared to the likes of Exar Kun, who slaughtered Jedi with the brutality of Anakin Skywalker, but with the power of three Yodas.

In short, Vodo would annihilate Sidious or Yoda, and it is bogus to compare them to the likes of Exar Kun.

Oh, and I'd daresay he'd survive this Gauntlet.

IKC
It's infinite, however. I say he goes through dozens or more times before tiring to the point where Vodo gets lucky.

Ianus
Infinite? How cruel.

IKC
Wait, I could be wrong. What did you mean by continous, Glentract? Because if it's not infinite, he wins.

Ianus
Yeah.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by IKC
Saying the age makes any difference at all, you should then support the assertion that Palpatine could beat Mace Windu in a straight saber battle, since he's significantly older.

Yoda was never considered grandmaster. Name one other besides Vodo who was.

Yes they were. Find one Jedi in the PT who could strip the Force from someone or use Battle Meditation.

Sidious was a powerful Sith, for his time. But let's see Sidious waltz into the Senate like he owns the place while several Jedi are watching, not hide his power, use Sith magic to freeze the entire senate body, and slay the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order while rescuing his apprentice.

He has nothing on the Ancient Sith.

1.Age is a factor, though Im not saying its the beat-all attribute as you would suggest.

2.Yes Yoda is considered a grandmaster, its stated in Dark Rendevous. Where exactly is the official source that Vodo was a grandmaster?

3. Vergere in the NJO series strips Jacen of the force. Although not a jedi, Sidious uses battle meditation on the entire empire.

4. Yes Kun used a sith spell to freeze some defenseless senators and jedi, I dont see how this is proof Kun is superior. I can name a random sidious display of power also, in DE he blows up a fleet with a force storm.

Ianus
1.Age is a factor, though Im not saying its the beat-all attribute as you would suggest.

Age isn't a factor unless you can put it into context. "Joe is 90, Bob is 19" isn't a rational argument.

2.Yes Yoda is considered a grandmaster, its stated in Dark Rendevous. Where exactly is the official source that Vodo was a grandmaster?

TOTJ.

3. Vergere in the NJO series strips Jacen of the force. Although not a jedi, Sidious uses battle meditation on the entire empire.

Neither are PT jedi.

4. Yes Kun used a sith spell to freeze some defenseless senators and jedi, I dont see how this is proof Kun is superior. I can name a random sidious display of power also, in DE he blows up a fleet with a force storm.

Actually, he froze many force users at the same time, too. Go read the source next time.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Escape81
When will people learn that age is not always a determining factor of power? For example. By that logic, Yoda himself would have been able to utterly and totally obliterate the likes of Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, but both managed to put him to the test!

Some people are naturally stronger Force-users than others. In some cases, innate power (if trained properly) negates the ominious bonuses and advantages of experience.

Vodo is beyond Yoda in saber ability and in Force power. This is not because he lived in a time where the average Jedi was stronger than the ones during the Prequel Trilogy, but because of his own noteworthy achievements.

Consider:

Yoda was barely able to stand up to Sidious, who despite being a powerful Sith Lord, is a mere child compared to the likes of Exar Kun, who slaughtered Jedi with the brutality of Anakin Skywalker, but with the power of three Yodas.

In short, Vodo would annihilate Sidious or Yoda, and it is bogus to compare them to the likes of Exar Kun.

Oh, and I'd daresay he'd survive this Gauntlet.

Ugh for once we disagree.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by IKC
Wait, I could be wrong. What did you mean by continous, Glentract? Because if it's not infinite, he wins.

It just keeps going. So, if say he wins the first time, he goes through a second, so say round 2, match 5, or something like that.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Ianus

Age isn't a factor unless you can put it into context. "Joe is 90, Bob is 19" isn't a rational argument.

TOTJ.

Neither are PT jedi.

Actually, he froze many force users at the same time, too. Go read the source next time.

1. All Im saying is age is a factor in power, you cant really argue with that.

2. Okay so we have established both are grandmasters.

3.You guys are arguing that ancient force users are superior to current force users correct? Both people I mentioned are current times force users.

4.Yes and I never denyed that...no expression

IKC
If it just keeps going, like I said he goes through dozens of times. I can't make a number-based prediction, but it's most likely that Vodo defeats Kun on the brink of Kun's exhaustion.

Ianus

Yes, I can. Joe is 90, Bob is 19. Is the factor good or bad, should be the question.

Vodo is a lightsaber grandmaster as well.

3.You guys are arguing that ancient force users are superior to current force users correct? Both people I mentioned are current times force users.

Actually, this wasn't my original point here.

You most certainly didn't take it into consideration.

Darth_Glentract

Age isn't a factor. Sidious went head to head with Yoda, who is over ten times older than him.

Now, if someone is two years old and another is five hundred, it would be, but not because of age, but training.

True.

PT Force Users, not NJO Force Users.

You did deny that it would help him though. He might be able to simply freeze Boba/Jango/ and stab them with his saber.

Great Vengeance
Age isn't a factor. Sidious went head to head with Yoda, who is over ten times older than him.

Now, if someone is two years old and another is five hundred, it would be, but not because of age, but training.

True.

PT Force Users, not NJO Force Users.

You did deny that it would help him though. He might be able to simply freeze Boba/Jango/ and stab them with his saber.

1.More age=more training which is like I said a factor in overall power. Your saying that the additional 300 years of training that Yoda had compared to Vodo means nothing? I dont see the logic.

3.Well thats changes the whole argument, now your saying the the ancient jedi and sith arent always better than their more current counterparts, your saying the PT era in specific is weaker. Yes I have to agree with that, the PT era is rather weak due to the extended peace but Ive already argued with you about the fact there are exceptions to the rule. Better overall doesnt = Vodo will no doubt beat Yoda.

4.Yeah I bet he could...However he is unable to freeze powerful masters with that technique as shown when Vodo was able to resist it.

IKC
Vodo wasn't even at the building when Kun cast the spell, so the last point is irrelevant.

I'll leave my comrades with more patience to address the other, equally fallacious points you made.

Darth_Glentract
1.More age=more training which is like I said a factor in overall power. Your saying that the additional 300 years of training that Yoda had compared to Vodo means nothing? I dont see the logic.

That same training that helped him against Sidious?

3.Well thats changes the whole argument, now your saying the the ancient jedi and sith arent always better than their more current counterparts, your saying the PT era in specific is weaker. Yes I have to agree with that, the PT era is rather weak due to the extended peace but Ive already argued with you about the fact there are exceptions to the rule. Better overall doesnt = Vodo will no doubt beat Yoda.

I'm sure there were one or two Ancient Jedi who would lose to Yoda.

Also, notice that Yoda is not the grandmaster over Jacen and Vergere.

It does invariliably go in Vodo's favor though.

4.Yeah I bet he could...However he is unable to freeze powerful masters with that technique as shown when Vodo was able to resist it.

There were several Masters present that Exar froze. Vodo was the only one who could resist.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by IKC
Vodo wasn't even at the building when Kun cast the spell, so the last point is irrelevant.

I'll leave my comrades with more patience to address the other, equally fallacious points you made.

Erm yes he was, and Ive already proved you wrong once when you said Yoda was never considered a grandmaster so I wouldnt be calling my arguments fallacious.

IKC
Proved me wrong using a single source? Good job. Now how about you read TOTJ and see what you just typed was false. Vodo comes in to the Senate several minutes after Exar's stormed in, and after he kills the Chancellor.

Great Vengeance
That same training that helped him against Sidious?

I'm sure there were one or two Ancient Jedi who would lose to Yoda.

Also, notice that Yoda is not the grandmaster over Jacen and Vergere.

It does invariliably go in Vodo's favor though.

There were several Masters present that Exar froze. Vodo was the only one who could resist.

Lol were going in circles, lets agree to disagree as neither of us are going to prove with absolute certaintly who would win. To wrap things up before I go

1. Okay fine so what would you suggest? That training has absolutely no effect on power? Its a given guys, time and time again age and experience has won battles; look at the obi-wan/anakin fight as a perfect example. Im not saying a person with more age and training will automatically beat somone with less, as evident in the yoda/sidious fight, but it definately is a factor.

2.??? Invariably eh? C'mon Glentract this debate like I said is getting tired.

3.Yes a powerful master was able to resist(Vodo), and some were not, but they were not in the same league of power. Its not known with absolute certainty how Yoda stacks up Vodo. I think Yoda is more powerful, you think Vodo is more powerful.

Ianus
Uh huh. Well, this is pretty much obvious. Vodo > Yoda. Thanks for playing the game.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Ianus
Uh huh. Well, this is pretty much obvious. Vodo < Yoda. Thanks for playing the game.

Hey look Janus your finnaly making some sense lol.

Darth_Glentract
What you just did breakes some law. False quoters go to hell or something.

Ianus
Yeah. But then GV can't get any lower than he is now.

jollyjim311
Anyway, now that that is settled and this thread is mostly over, I have a question:

It is clear that between Ancient and PT times some force practices were lost. Were any made inbetween there, like Muchiro or whatever the power Yaddle has? Was that a power unavailable to Ancient Jedi/ Sith, were there any?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.