Jedi Academy [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justinday15
so who likes this game?

SaTsuJiN
ew.. I can never play a Jedi Knight series game on a console, I tried Jedi outcast on gamecube and I couldnt even swing the saber like I can on PC. I havent tried academy on xbox but Im assuming its just the same

SilverFighter
I haven't gotten yet but I really want to play it. I have SW KOTOR and it's my favorite SW title in Xbox. I was wondering how is the gameplay like on Jedi Academy? I've tried to rent it but is always out so bummer for me.

Darth Bandon
LucasArts website says it's out on xbox so I want to know if the game is any good before I buy it.

yerssot
the PC version was mediocre, felt more like an expansion pack than a whole new game

SaTsuJiN
well its obviously worlds better than jk2, in terms of graphics and engine quality. And still to some extent I agree to the mediocrity. It depends how much of a fan you are of the game. For me its one of the best sword fighters for pc. So I love it. If they had as many moves per saber style as they do per character in soul calibur, I would be in pure heaven.

there should haave been alot of limitations in terms of movement (dodging, running, rolling, etc.). It makes too easy to dodge a saber swing. In any case Single saber Heavy stance is still the supreme damaging factor. Hopefully future patches will prove me wrong.

basically, if you've played jk2 (More importantly, if you have BOUGHT jk2) then dont bother with jedi academy. If you havent bought jk2, give academy a rent.

personally for console I thought JK2 was pure trash. you have more control over the lightsaber with mouse an keyboard

tptmanno1
i thought acadamy for pc was awesome,
needed more levles but awesome,
all it needs now are some kickass total conversions and new multi player maps,
thats what make JK2 great, all the mods and stuff, its expandability

Freddy_vs_Jason
hey, has ne one here played jedi academy on xbox?

yerssot
nope, played it on pc

Freddy_vs_Jason
oh, i recently went to the dark side after i killed rosh, im now at that syth tomb looking for tavion ive gotten passed those doors were u need to use sense to push the in, ive jumped up that rock tower thing but i dont know where to go next.......do you?

yerssot
if you could describe it in more detail, I'm sure I can help out smile

SaTsuJiN
I have it for pc... me and my friends made JK2 and J:A a religion lol.. we were always duelin an stuff, but only amongst ourselves...

I honestly love this game, but I felt that Academy shouldve had a lot more moves and better sword collision, because this time you didnt knock your opponent to the ground so instead your character auto attacks after you win, which is kinna borin sad

Sun Ce
If u got the game we should meet up and play sometime or if u see me "]|[ Anubis |T0V|" then say hi wink, would be cool to find and play with some ppl i could get in contact with alot. If nobody plays the game then that is just boring lol

SaTsuJiN
Its a pretty old game... lol
but I like it.. somewhere I like Jk2 still also.. I dont have either of them installed or play though

forumcrew
yea too old of a game been beatin and uninstalled long ago.. check out star wars galaxies if ur lookin for more people online to play with

DiViNe diFiNIty
i guess u r a dynasty warriors fan Sun ce
i used to play on that series alot they are quite fun i kick ass at them games

Sun Ce
i'm not only a fan of the romance of the three kingdoms but i'm also apart of the DW clan.

this game maybe old i guess but sadly SW Galaxies u have to pay to play every month, i also pay for internet so its kinda bad for me....it seems liek an awesome game tho

Maverick2364
I still play Jedi Outcast once in the while, I quit when I was too good back when there were many clans and the game was popular. Academy is so much like outcast and I owned most of the people in ctfs and ffas on my first days playing.

ShaKoon
have you played this game? if you need cheats or want to post them (make sure they are real) go ahead. i beat the game so i can help you with some levels

Mac: PC:
helpusobi 1 devmappel

god: invunerable
noclip: no clipping mode ( go through walls and fly!)

those are just 2 of them, i have more if you want some

ShaKoon
if you are stuck on the first set of levels don't do the level where you have to run away from those giant worm things, complete the others and you can have the option whether to go on the next set of levels,

shoe-freak
man! i was reading for hours on how to beat the level! reading
kewl!

jaden101
that level was easy...you want a challenge...switch on the saber realistic combat...its crazy and fun as well

shoe-freak
i tried it, but it does not work! or does it? how do you know it works?

SaTsuJiN
lol.. if you turn on saber realistic combat to full.. all you gotta do is rub the saber on them and they break into peices (not even swing it).. I loved fighting with those crazy jedi's on that setting.. /sigh

shoe-freak
full is 20 right? ok, i will give it a go, does anyone want a NPC SPAWN list? i know a lot, even Tiepilots! oh, and if you npc spawn chewie, you can chop him in half or chop his head off if you like! evil face

shoe-freak
try a rancor with rosh penin with A LOT of jawas, pretty good stuff to watch

shoe-freak
rosh is an idiot

zab329
Ok i have a mac... and i get to the acid rain lvl... but the acid rain is comign through the building and through the over hangs... so where ever i go its constantly hitting and killing me... the only thing i can do is try and do god mode... the whole devmapall then god... but that doesnt seem to be working... when to u type in "devmapall" and then where/when do u type in "god" and does it not work on a mac>?

§pearhead
uh...did you do a no clip thinger? confused

that shouldn't happen...

stunna1773
how do i stop the mutant rancor with out using weapons

Ballister
Fight your way through the baddies, then get to the end. You can't kill it until your at the end of the level. Use an FAQ from GameFAQs.com or just explore the level yourself... Better yet, skip the level. After all, you only have to beat for of them.

JKozzy
Plenty of Jedi Academy threads to be merged:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360214&highlight=jedi+academy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325486&highlight=jedi+academy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23930&highlight=jedi+academy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21097&highlight=jedi+academy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20054&highlight=jedi+academy

Lana
Sheesh.

Threads merged....

Ballister
That was sudden and weird... Anyways, the cheats, this is what you do for a way to like never die (unless you fall down a pit)

Pull up the control panel for the cheats by:
Type ~
Now, type in:
helpusobi 1 (enables cheats)
Hit enter.
god (invincibility)
Hit enter.
undying (999 Health)
Hit enter. Now there's no way you can die, unless like I said before, you fall down a pit.

Now, this is always fun. Go to the 'Droid Recovery' level on Tatooine. Then walk forward into the field, and right before the sand people hit you, hit escape to pause. Then pull up the cheat window. Type in helpusobi 1 to enable cheats, then spawn some jawas by typing:
npc spawn jawa
Type that in a few times (but not too many, or it'll crash the system. Maybe about 4) Then unpause. Move around so the Jawa's can appear. Now pause, pull up cheats, and type in:
npc spawn mutant_rancor
and hit enter. Unpause and move out of the way, and... AHHHHH!!!! A mutant rancor will come out and attack the Jawas and Sand People. Move into a safe area and watch the carniage.

Koala MeatPie
Jedi outcast was AMAZING

But J.A. seemed more of an expenstion pack rather then another game.

I love J.A. in the way that it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to mod and map, I went crazy on it, sooo user friendly. I LOVE mapping for J.A.

Lana
I didn't like Outcast, it was very boring. JA at least kept me interesting long enough for me to finish it, even though it was very easy.

Multiplayer's fun, though, especially with all the skins you can download....me, Mist, Ken, and Tpt used to play multiplayer every night. They dared me to play as Slave Leia stick out tongue

Mišt
We should get back into it stick out tongue I havent played for a while.

Arker
Sorry, and I know there's already a Jedi Academy thread, but I can't find it (my search never comes up with the threads I'm looking for), but where can I download JA skins?

SnakeEyes
You won't find a site better than this:

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/

Arker
Thanks. But after you download then what do you do?

Stalker 360
alot of other places has them google it

Arker
I know, but how do you place the extracted files into JA?

kamikz
I can't get these files to work. They say, "put it in the exe. file in data/base. But there is no exe. file in there.

Stalker 360
well i dont play JA but i would imagin you put them in the override folder if there is one like i do with kotor mods

Arker
I can't find the game data/base folder. Can anyone help me out?

SnakeEyes
Really, all of you guys have problems with this stuff; it's fairly easy.

As far as the exe files go, they should be in the folder that you appears when you download a file. Just save it to your desktop to start out with to make it easier to find, then double-click on what you just downloaded and there should be a folder within that which has the exe. Or you could just look at the readme once you have a file downloaded.

The game date/base folder is pretty simple to find as well. Do this:

-Click on My Computer
-Then click on Local Disc (C)
-Then click on Program Files
-Then click on Lucasarts
-After that there should be a folder for every Lucasarts game you have.
-So click on the Jedi Academy folder
-Then click on Gamedata
-And finally click on Base

Move the exe file into the base folder and you're done.

Arker
I know, I just found the base folder a few minutes ago, but it still won't work. I tried everything, and whenever I open JA the skins aren't there.

SnakeEyes
Then I'm not sure what's wrong.

Again, make sure you're following ALL the steps in the readme... and make sure your moving only what it says to.

I tried to help... wink

Good luck!

Lana
Merged with the Jedi Academy thread stick out tongue

Arker
z0mg, thats like so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mišt
Originally posted by Arker
I know, but how do you place the extracted files into JA?

Dont extract them. When you download the .zip of whatever skin, inside it there should be a .pk3 file, shove that in the base folder, then run JKA and play. You dont need to take any files out of it, just keep it as a .pk3 file.
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9279/jka2tp.jpg

Arker
Thanks Mist. Lemme try that out...

SaTsuJiN
so what is everyones preferred saber stance / type ? big grin

I like single saber, heavy stance o_o

Arker
I use the same.

And it's still not working. Do you have to hit move file to base, or something else?

SnakeEyes
You must be REALLY bad at this, huh Arker?

Arker
Yeah, uh-huh.

raver

SnakeEyes
Bump, anyone still play it online?

Tarvos
Don't know how. messed

Tarvos
This is what my base looks like:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8364/untitled7dd1.png

What do I do now?

Lana
Are you trying to install skins?

You have to go into the directory on the computer, not the CD confused Go into your C Drive, then Program Files, LucasArts, JKA (or whatever it's got it named as), then find the Base folder in there.

Tarvos
Shit, I'm a dumbass.

Thanks Lana.

Tarvos
This doesn't make sense. erm

I tried everything. I tried extracting the files to the :C drive, I tried moving the files to the :C drive, and when I went to open JA, the icon wasn't in the profile creator. Do I have to do something else to change it to the skins I download, or is it just messed up?

Here's a screeny of my base:

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9058/gfuavt1mf.png

Lana
Skins only work in multi-player, if I remember correctly.

SaTsuJiN
the skins that could work in single player are the ones that are made for the 'create-a-padawan' thing... (that menu that you make your Jaden with)

Tarvos
I tried Multi-Player... Didn't work.

I noticed that the character icons in my base looks different from the ones in Mist's. Maybe I did something wrong there?

EDIT: Never mind, it's working now. smile

The Anakin skin I downloaded is so tight. Especially the death dialogue.

SaTsuJiN
This is what my JKA base folder looks like... its the same idea... put pk3 file into here.. then just start the game up lol

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4403/base9cr.jpg

Tarvos
Look at my post again, lol.

Swanky-Tuna
I used to play a ton but wiggling's got me down. I hear jk2 lacks the system that makes wiggling do its damage.

SaTsuJiN
no they've had the damage scale since jk2... peak of the swing does the most damage and thats it...

but if you're referring to moving during a supermove.. I consider that a totally legal move.. as it takes a steady hand to keep the saber in the enemies direction

Tarvos
How do you enter cheats in multiplayer?

SaTsuJiN
in the console (which you bring down by holding shift and pressing ~ )

you type devmapall (mapname) .... for me I type devmapall mp/duel1

default maps have the mp/ in front of them.. downloaded maps you just use the mapname.. for example devmapall jedi_academypro or something like that.. it will then restart the map with cheats allowed ... then you enter em

MadMel
BUMP
just got the game
ya im a bit late laughing out loud
anyone still play multi??

Kadesh
I do, and i downloaded ALOT of skins, the midgar v_3 map for example which is EXACTLY like the one in FFVII. Damm you can ride chocobos and clouds fenrir bike. i rode his bike as darth vader and he looks pretty badass riding clouds bike

And i have even downloaded Movie sabers and ROTS saber blades.
You would be suprised how many skins and models i have in that game..

Vader
Palpatine
Mara jade
ROTS anakin
Grievious
windu
Obiwan
kelia leenet v2 by hapslash
cin drallig
Even cloud from AC
Tifa lockhart
Rikku ffx-2.

And for the saber hilts...
All of vaders saber hilts throughout the entire trilogy
Anakins ROTS saber
Lukes ROTJ saber
Darth mauls.
Exar kuns saber
Quigon
Yoda
Dooku
Sidious
Kit fisto
ANH obiwans

Theres still alot more

MadMel
holy crap laughing out loud

seriously, you can ride fenrir??

Kadesh
yes goto jediknight2.filefront.com and look for the midgar V3 map

MadMel
ok

Kadesh
Want a screenshot of vader riding fenrir?

MadMel
pm me big grin

Kadesh
gimme a few days, busy for the moment

MadMel
lol never mind i downloaded it..

Mišt
Hmm what servers and stuff you play on? I havent played for a while but if you're on, Ill give you a duel sometime...

MadMel
ok evil face..
i make my own game a lot of the time..
anyways, kadesh...i tried the map...its awesome, but for some reason
1. it puts me back in the highwind for no reason after about 2 minutes outside..
2. the game crashes because of "g_spawn - no free entities", whatever that is

Kadesh
ok just got back. Do you still want the screenshot by the way?

Well i only experienced the g_spawn error when i added bots.. other that that if i dont its fine,

I didnt experience the 2 minute problem you had either, did you try posting in the forums for help?

MadMel
nah its all gona now...strange...anyways...what patch you got..i got 1.01..

Mišt
Might start up in a minute, I feel like chopping people up...

Anyone playing now?

MadMel
nah not really...join my game..
its madmel1stgame
password is bleh..

Mišt
How do I find it?

Lana
I found my copy of JKA yesterday.

Kinda thinking of reinstalling it.

Remember our multiplayer games before, with Ken as Spiderman and me playing as Leia in the bikini, Mist? stick out tongue

Mišt
Yeah w00t

I've been playing ObiWan vs Anakin, on a lava level of course sly

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3202/obijb5.jpg

Kadesh
You can download the mustafar map. By the way which custom saber blade did you download?

I downloaded super perfect ep3 blades though im looking for TESB blades, You should download revan darkstar wars hilts, they look badass

MadMel
i want clouds sword to work but i dunno what folder to put it in..

Kadesh
Just put it in your base folder where you put all your other pk3.s

Kadesh
By the way theres a ff7 AC weapon hilt pack, it has sephiroths masamune and kadajs double bladed katana. i reconmend you go get it

MadMel
1. can ya link me?
2. Originally posted by Kadesh
Just put it in your base folder where you put all your other pk3.s ermmm.........

Kadesh
yea sure, juz gimme a few ill search it on jedi filefront

MadMel
righto..

Kadesh
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_Weapons;34299

here you go

MadMel
lol awesome!!

Kadesh
Btw how do i join your game?

MadMel
ok its madmels bleh
pasword = bleh big grin
making it now!!

Kadesh
cant seem to find it

MadMel
wat patch you got??
i got 1.01..

Kadesh
same 1.01

MadMel
hmm thats odd..

-Pr-
sXyu6R3Pc1c

Jmanghan
Getting a release on Nintendo Switch and PS4:

https://www.starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Getting a release on Nintendo Switch and PS4:

https://www.starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch
What?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What? Great and all that you put it in the star wars section, but it belongs here too, for people who refuse to go to the SW section.

cdtm
Doesn't hold up well at all, surprised there's call for it on modern consoles.

The Force Unleashed would make more sense then JA.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Great and all that you put it in the star wars section, but it belongs here too, for people who refuse to go to the SW section.
What?

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm

Actually it does hold up well...but i guess i would expect that response coming from you.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually it does hold up well...but i guess i would expect that response coming from you.

Played it recently. Wandering around looking for destructible walls and non-obvious unbeaten paths just to finish a level was never fun game design. Save the secret areas for collectible nerds and completionist's.

Nemesis X
The nerve that EA is going to rerelease another Jedi Knight game and still deny us it's multiplayer features. Guess they know if that went online again, their Battlefront 2 would be in trouble. Typical.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The nerve that EA is going to rerelease another Jedi Knight game and still deny us it's multiplayer features. Guess they know if that went online again, their Battlefront 2 would be in trouble. Typical.

That's just inexcusable. Most of the fun of Jedi Knight games is online.

Who plays them to keep getting force drained/choked by a pair of single player Sith?

Jmanghan

The Force Unleashed would make more sense then JA. If I met you I'd punch you for saying this.

It holds up fine, the gameplay is still fantastic.

cdtm
With mods maybe. Saber battles with dark jedi are a mess, it comes down to luck and stats.

Jmanghan
With mods maybe. Saber battles with dark jedi are a mess, it comes down to luck and stats. The game doesn't have stats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.