When Will it End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Yet another corporate merger

Less competition.

Good for the executive and shareholder.

Bad for the worker and consumer.

Who says corporations don't run the world?

botankus
I work for a large manufacturer who acquires companies without any layoffs. If we didn't acquire companies, our market share would decrease and my job security would be lower than it is.

WrathfulDwarf
The Germans are taking over.

*hides* ninja

GCG
No wonder in Europe its weak ; I havents seen any commercials for Reebok since the pump age.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Germans are taking over.

*hides* ninja

Hm...don't see anything bad aboot it.

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

Less competition.

Good for the executive and shareholder.

Bad for the worker and consumer.

Who says corporations don't run the world?

What's your point?

Hit_and_Miss
"We shall fight on the stores. We shall fight on the factory grounds. We shall fight in the sweatshops, and in the streets, we shall fight in the rubber factories. We shall never surrender!"

GCG
In Britain, large supermarket chains are forcing the corner shops out of business.

Well not only in UK, but everywhere.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG
In Britain, large supermarket chains are forcing the corner shops out of business.

Well not only in UK, but everywhere.

What's your point?

GCG
Originally posted by Bardock42
What's your point?

If youre interseted, meet me half way. wink

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

Less competition.

It's not necessarily less competition; in fact it may be more competitive now, as is often the case in oligopolistic markets.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG
If youre interseted, meet me half way. wink
Does that mean you want me to admit that there is somehow something wrong with Big Supermarkets forcing corner shops out of business? ....hmm no way, sorry.

GCG
Does that mean you want me to admit that there is somehow something wrong with Big Supermarkets forcing corner shops out of business? ....hmm no way, sorry.

Im not asking you to admit anything. you asked me whats my point and its the word 'Conveniance'.

At large supermarket chains you have parking, fresh goods, clean tins and pruducts that are all in one place. Not to mention that everything is much cheaper as opposed to the corner stores.

Its the same thing really; A large corporation taking over the market.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG
Im not asking you to admit anything. you asked me whats my point and its the word 'Conveniance'.

At large supermarket chains you have parking, fresh goods, clean tins and pruducts that are all in one place. Not to mention that everything is much cheaper as opposed to the corner stores.

Its the same thing really; A large corporation taking over the market.

Yes, cause they offer something the people value more than what the others offer. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest (but then again, you might neither and I jsut took your post wrong).

GCG
Yes, cause they offer something the people value more than what the others offer. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest (but then again, you might neither and I jsut took your post wrong).

Anyway Big Supermarkets also remain open later than the corner shops.

Last time I was at the corner shop down the road and this old woman was telling the keeper:

" This product costs 28c at the SISA supermarket and over here it costs 32c."

To which the shopkeeper replied:

"THEN GO BUY IT FROM ****EN SISA ! "

I thought this was a really bad way to go as he was killing off his cutomers stupidly and obviusly in a rude manner, digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Bardock42
Yes, I guess that wasn't necessary...although I can understand why he would reply that way. What a stupid thing to say by that lady too.

Hit_and_Miss
thats women though.. Always trying to barter over tuppence

GCG
Husband gives monet to wife.

Wife haggles for every penny.

Wife hoards money to buy self gratifying products.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
thats women though.. Always trying to barter over tuppence
Doesn't change it. I would have bought two of that product just cause of the good laugh I'd have got by that Shop Keeper.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.