KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » When Will it End

When Will it End
Started by: Darth_Erebus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Erebus
The End

When Will it End

Yet another corporate merger

Less competition.

Good for the executive and shareholder.

Bad for the worker and consumer.

Who says corporations don't run the world?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 04:35 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I work for a large manufacturer who acquires companies without any layoffs. If we didn't acquire companies, our market share would decrease and my job security would be lower than it is.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 04:52 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The Germans are taking over.

*hides* ninja

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:02 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

No wonder in Europe its weak ; I havents seen any commercials for Reebok since the pump age.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:16 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Germans are taking over.

*hides* ninja

Hm...don't see anything bad aboot it.

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

Less competition.

Good for the executive and shareholder.

Bad for the worker and consumer.

Who says corporations don't run the world?

What's your point?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:28 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

"We shall fight on the stores. We shall fight on the factory grounds. We shall fight in the sweatshops, and in the streets, we shall fight in the rubber factories. We shall never surrender!"

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:34 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

In Britain, large supermarket chains are forcing the corner shops out of business.

Well not only in UK, but everywhere.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:41 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by GCG
In Britain, large supermarket chains are forcing the corner shops out of business.

Well not only in UK, but everywhere.

What's your point?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Originally posted by Bardock42
What's your point?

If youre interseted, meet me half way. wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:45 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Re: When Will it End

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus

Less competition.

It's not necessarily less competition; in fact it may be more competitive now, as is often the case in oligopolistic markets.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:53 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by GCG
If youre interseted, meet me half way. wink

Does that mean you want me to admit that there is somehow something wrong with Big Supermarkets forcing corner shops out of business? ....hmm no way, sorry.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 06:55 PM
GCG
Red Bull

Does that mean you want me to admit that there is somehow something wrong with Big Supermarkets forcing corner shops out of business? ....hmm no way, sorry.

Im not asking you to admit anything. you asked me whats my point and its the word 'Conveniance'.

At large supermarket chains you have parking, fresh goods, clean tins and pruducts that are all in one place. Not to mention that everything is much cheaper as opposed to the corner stores.

Its the same thing really; A large corporation taking over the market.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:04 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by GCG
Im not asking you to admit anything. you asked me whats my point and its the word 'Conveniance'.

At large supermarket chains you have parking, fresh goods, clean tins and pruducts that are all in one place. Not to mention that everything is much cheaper as opposed to the corner stores.

Its the same thing really; A large corporation taking over the market.

Yes, cause they offer something the people value more than what the others offer. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest (but then again, you might neither and I jsut took your post wrong).

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:06 PM
GCG
Red Bull

Yes, cause they offer something the people value more than what the others offer. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest (but then again, you might neither and I jsut took your post wrong).

Anyway Big Supermarkets also remain open later than the corner shops.

Last time I was at the corner shop down the road and this old woman was telling the keeper:

" This product costs 28c at the SISA supermarket and over here it costs 32c."

To which the shopkeeper replied:

"THEN GO BUY IT FROM ****EN SISA ! "

I thought this was a really bad way to go as he was killing off his cutomers stupidly and obviusly in a rude manner, digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:16 PM
Bardock42

Yes, I guess that wasn't necessary...although I can understand why he would reply that way. What a stupid thing to say by that lady too.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:17 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

thats women though.. Always trying to barter over tuppence

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:31 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Husband gives monet to wife.

Wife haggles for every penny.

Wife hoards money to buy self gratifying products.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:34 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
thats women though.. Always trying to barter over tuppence

Doesn't change it. I would have bought two of that product just cause of the good laugh I'd have got by that Shop Keeper.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:35 PM