age difference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

veronica002
wats the youngest guy u would date? like for ex. my friend got with a 15 yr old and shes 17 im telling her that he's like a little kid, thats just wrong, isn't it? wat do u guys thing... or wat should i tell her?

K.Diddy
I have been 18 and gone out with a 15 yr oldconfused

It depends how much you like the person smile

But if they are taking advantage of another person beacuase they are younger and dont like the person, then it is wrongconfused

Morning_Glory
i dated a 19 yr old when I was 25 (which was last yr) it was odd.. it didnt last long -- he was to immature

LiL nAstY GirL
I don't really like younger boys, usally my age and up stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
i always date younger for some reason, i wish i could find someone older than me

veronica002
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I have been 18 and gone out with a 15 yr oldconfused

It depends how much you like the person smile

But if they are taking advantage of another person beacuase they are younger and dont like the person, then it is wrongconfused

but its different when the girls the older one

K.Diddy
Originally posted by veronica002
but its different when the girls the older one

confused I personally view it the same and then the guy/girl could be mature for there age as wellconfused

Myth
. my friend got with a 15 yr old and shes 17 im telling her that he's like a little kid, thats just wrong, isn't it?

15 to 17 isn't bad.

I'm a 21 year old and a Junior in college. I'd date down to 18 if they are at least in college as well (life experience is just as important as age). I'd date maybe 4 years older than me. However, I look for people closer to my age. Those are just my limits if something were to just fall into place.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Myth
15 to 17 isn't bad.

I'm a 21 year old and a Junior in college. I'd date down to 18 if they are at least in college as well (life experience is just as important as age). I'd date maybe 4 years older than me.

I've gone out with a girl 5 yrs older, only for about 6 months and she(or me) were not to serious about itconfused But I found nothing wrong with it...

Piggle Humsy
as long as they are legal... if you find a connection with that person then I think it's ok...

unless one is 60 and the other 16... laughing out loud

a guess an age gap of something like 20 years once someone is 21 or over is fine... sometimes...

i dunno... I'm starting to regret my thoughts now... confused

Myth
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
as long as they are legal... if you find a connection with that person then I think it's ok...

unless one is 60 and the other 16... laughing out loud

Um, that would still fall under the category of illegal.

K. Diddy - The question is, how old were you when you started dating 5 years older than you. Thats important as well.

Lightningrod
there is nothing wrong with a 2 year age gap, 3 years maybe, just as long as it is legal, but i would say a 16 year old and 18 year old would be ok

I guess I have it good, I am in a relationship and there is one month and 3 days between our birthdays

K.Diddy

K. Diddy - The question is, how old were you when you started dating 5 years older than you. Thats important as well.

17 and she was 22

Piggle Humsy

not where I am... uk, 16 is legal yes

Lana
Ummm....why'd you post this in the OTF and GDF?

veronica002
Originally posted by Lana

im new to this crap i dint know

K.Diddy

laughing out loud That's what I was about to say

Lightningrod
im new to this crap i dint know

Duplicate Posting
Do not post the same discussion more than once on a discussion forum or on many forums. Duplicate discussions are frustrating and counterproductive for other members, especially for those whose time and energy is limited. Duplicate discussions will be deleted.

*cough* rules you should have read when you joined *cough*

Lana
Originally posted by Lightningrod
Duplicate Posting
Do not post the same discussion more than once on a discussion forum or on many forums. Duplicate discussions are frustrating and counterproductive for other members, especially for those whose time and energy is limited. Duplicate discussions will be deleted.

yes

There's zero excuse to not know the rules.

veronica002
Originally posted by Lightningrod
Duplicate Posting

lol well if i knew how to delte it i would

Lana
Only mods can do so; I reported it so one of the globals will close it.

Lightningrod
Only mods can do so; I reported it so one of the globals will close it.

but they should leave the one here open, since the GDF doesn't get that much foot traffic like the OTF

El_NINO
My rule is 3 years difference max (ie 19 and 22), 4 years if they are hot (im a guy), 5 is pushing it

a1hsauce
im 20...i might, might now, go as low as 17 MAYBE. 18 definetly..my oldest cut off age is 36 big grin

veronica002
wats the youngest guy u would date? like for ex. my friend got with a 15 yr old and shes 17 im telling her that he's like a little kid, thats just wrong, isn't it? wat do u guys thing... or wat should i tell her?

ok well this post is about me( diferent person typing now) she put it up cuz i dont have an account or whatever...

it dosent matter right, he's only 2 yrs younger... but than again he is little so idk wat to do

a1hsauce
2 years can make a big difference though...maturity wise some people make it work

K.Diddy

it dosent matter right, he's only 2 yrs younger... but than again he is little so idk wat to do

laughing out loud Little in what way?

Morning_Glory
15 and 17 isnt that big of a difference... i think my 19 and 25 is a bigger difference than this 15 & 17 yr old stuff... o well..blah blah

veronica002
Originally posted by K.Diddy
laughing out loud Little in what way?

little, as in he's a little kid u loser..lol

a1hsauce
laughing out loud

K.Diddy
little, as in he's a little kid u loser..lol

big grin Just asking

KENobi™
Well lets see, last year I dated a 29 year old woman. I was 20.

As long as there is a connection between the two people, age shouldn't be a matter of discussion...unless one of them is underage.

Imaginary
If it's a non sexual (I mean they're not having sex) relationship is it still illegal?

Myth
In the US its fine as long as no sexual actions are performed. I'm not sure where kissing stands though, and if it is extreme (like a 40 year old and an 8 year old) I'm sure the law will try to do something.

Arachnoidfreak
As you get older, limits change.

A 20 year old dating a 10 year old is just sick...but a 50 year old dating a 40 year old is not abnormal. Or even a 30 year old dating a 20 year old.

They're all 10 years apart. Just as you get older, the age gap has a little room to widen.

badboy2004
wel i'm 18

Myth
At 18 I'd say don't go down past 16 and don't go above 21.

As I said earlier, life experiences are important too. There is a big difference between a 15 year old at the beginning of high school and an 18 year old just leaving or already gone from high school. Much like there is a big difference in somebody who is 18 and getting ready for college or real life and a 22 year old who is finishing college or have been living in the real world for some time now.

Arachno's comparison of age by decades is very similar. A 40 year old and a 50 year old are pretty much in the same general stage of life unlike a 10 year old and a 20 year old. I think a 20 year old and a 30 year old can be tricky. It kind of depends on where they are in life. If the 20 year old has been out of high school and in the real world a couple of years, they are pretty close to the same level as the 30 year old. However, if your like me and in college and about 20 years old (I'm 21), a 30 year old is in a completely different stage of life because I'm still trying to pull my future together.

fini
hmmmm for many years my minimum limit is 2 years younger, and i'll go up to 5 yrs older now.

Myth
Same with me kind of. My limit both directions have been about 2 years (education wise). However, I see myself as very much matured now that I'm looking into grad school and can imagine myself going about 4 years older than me.

Alpha Centauri
3 years seems the norm, 4 is probably my limit.

I think underage situations are tricky because I know lots of girls who are 16 and you'd never guess their age by attitude. Mental age is more important. If you're 16 and smart, then you know what lines not to cross etc.

-AC

Commando Queen
ill say 4-5 years older.. the guy im dating is 4 and a half years older than me, people may say its a little bit of a diffrence, but you just have to have a connection

my parents are 6 years apart and my mom is older than my dad

Myth
But again, the question become how old are you? Not just how much of a difference in age.

Bardock42

She said Duplicate Thread....not wrong Forum.

My istake, I thought Storm meant that it has been done before...which it has....multiple times.....

goodheyeveryone
I've never dated any guy younger than me but wouldnt judge anyone for it. My current partner is 17 years older than me, I'm 25 and he's 42, do you see any problem with his kind of age gap?

a1hsauce
nope...

once youre in your 20s age doesnt really matter too much erm

soleran30
I'm 30 and would drop to 21 MAYBE 20 as long as they can go the same places as myself ie bars now thats for a relationship but yeah know I would get with an eighteen or nineteen year old in college at a party one nighter yes

K.Diddy
Originally posted by goodheyeveryone
I've never dated any guy younger than me but wouldnt judge anyone for it. My current partner is 17 years older than me, I'm 25 and he's 42, do you see any problem with his kind of age gap?

blink Yes,I personally think thats pretty ****ed up

Bun Bun
"age anit nothin but a number"

To me age dont matter. Its how well i get along with the person and yes experience does differ in age but it different with every person.

Ive been with a 17 yr old and in the sam eyear i went with a 30 yr old. and im 18

goodheyeveryone
Thanks everyone for your replies - I have no doubt that its right for me, I have a lot of feelings for his guy and the age gap isnt going to change that. He has his children from previous relationships who I get along with really well, I spend a lot of time with them. I dont want my own children so the fact of him already having children and probably not going to want anymore doesnt bother me in the slightest.
Thanks again.

DarkC
Gee, I was 15 once and I was with a 17-year old. My age didn't seem to bother her one bit.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by goodheyeveryone
Thanks everyone for your replies - I have no doubt that its right for me, I have a lot of feelings for his guy and the age gap isnt going to change that. He has his children from previous relationships who I get along with really well, I spend a lot of time with them. I dont want my own children so the fact of him already having children and probably not going to want anymore doesnt bother me in the slightest.
Thanks again.

Well,if thats what makes you happy smile

fudge
yer, as long as you feel good in the relationship, go for it

a1hsauce
exactly!

soulwinner
much Older than me.. smile

soulwinner_marissa eek!

Zebina
I dated a guy who was 3 years older than me once. But it didn't last long.

I prefer to date guys my age or older. I'm not big on the younger man no

lil bitchiness
Youngest I would date would probably be 20. Wouldn't go younger than, i don't think.

ILoveMyDaniel
Um...No it's not wrong. I've never really dated anyone with an age difference. When I was 12 I had a 16 year old like me, but we didn't date. Daniel is almost 18 and I'm almost 17, so no big difference between the both of us. My aunt is 40 and she's married to a 50 some year old.
I think, as long as it isn't not an age span big enough to consider itsself statchitory(sp) rape, and they care for each other, go for it. It's not a big deal.

Zebina
statutory i think is the word you're looking for wink

I totally agree. There's a huge difference between my mom and dad. But they both waited until they were over 20 before they got married.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Zebina
statutory i think is the word you're looking for wink

I totally agree. There's a huge difference between my mom and dad. But they both waited until they were over 20 before they got married.
There you are, dear, I was close. stick out tongue Kidding.

howaboutno
I'm 18 with a 16 year old. age doesn't have much to do with it, it's the maturity of the individual...
I know 21 year olds that act younger than my 16 year old boyfriend.
so, i mean, it depends on the person...

Commando Queen
But again, the question become how old are you? Not just how much of a difference in age.
I think your wrong on that.. It doesn't really matter about age.. but by how much they have matured.. because, there are some adults who act like teenagers.. and ones that act like adults, and i know 14-15 year olds that are A lot more mature than they actuality are and there's some that still act like 8 year olds..

soleran30
Commando Queen you are on the right track! Age does make a difference to some degree ie 25 year old with a 15 year old. However if everything is legal its more about commonalities and doing things together that make sense for both partiessmile Or hell I could be wicked wrong wink

Commando Queen
Exactly.. IF you find someone that you can talk about anything with, and your comfortable with it dosent make that much of a diffrence unlless the diffrence is really big.. The same goes with people who like the same sex..

howaboutno
I'm glad there are people who wouldn't look down on me for dating my young boyfriend... of a different race at that..

soleran30
Originally posted by Commando Queen
The same goes with people who like the same sex..

Hehe now thats your choice I'll play with Barbies no Ken dolls for me laughing bunny

LOL there is only one race................the human race!

Bloigen
I once dated an egg.

Itzak
Originally posted by Commando Queen
I think your wrong on that.. It doesn't really matter about age.. but by how much they have matured.. because, there are some adults who act like teenagers.. and ones that act like adults, and i know 14-15 year olds that are A lot more mature than they actuality are and there's some that still act like 8 year olds..

Agreed.

But with some people it's not the age that matters but the level of maturity that they see for in a person. And these days you'll find (like CQ said) a lot of adults who act like teens, and the other way around. If someone likes someone else that's 10 years older than them let them be, it's hard enough to find someone you like that's your age and actually is mature, good, and likes you back these days anyway. There are lots of possibilities to this.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Itzak
Agreed.

But with some people it's not the age that matters but the level of maturity that they see for in a person. And these days you'll find (like CQ said) a lot of adults who act like teens, and the other way around. If someone likes someone else that's 10 years older than them let them be, it's hard enough to find someone you like that's your age and actually is mature, good, and likes you back these days anyway. There are lots of possibilities to this.

Your sig is a penis.

*giggles*

Yes, I'm being Ironic.

howaboutno
I think this thread should be renamed "the thread where people pretty much repeat what everyone else has said."

Itzak
Originally posted by Bloigen
Your sig is a penis.

*giggles*

Yes, I'm being Ironic.

So? no expression You're a penguin.

*points and giggles*

Bloigen
Originally posted by howaboutno
I think this thread should be renamed "the thread where people pretty much repeat what everyone else has said."

Do you know what I think?

I think this thread should be renamed "The Official Repetition Thread*

Bloigen
So? no expression You're a penguin.

*points and giggles*

Suck my balls.

Itzak
Suck my balls.

Make me. no expression

Bloigen
Make me. no expression

No. no expression

K.Diddy
I once dated an egg.

laughing

howaboutno
Do you know what I think?

I think this thread should be renamed "The Official Repetition Thread*

you crack me up, k id

Bun Bun
Question.. I think i have you ppl beet but..

How many ppl have been with someone 10-12 yrs older?

Leo.M
I don't think age really matters when your in love. But I don't really like dating younger girls, i like to date them my age and up for the most part big grin

Vinny Valentine
I only Date Girls in the Embryo State.

a1hsauce
age is just a number...i mean come on...how else did Stella Get Her Groove Back?

Storm
As we age, gaps of a 5, 10 and even 15 years seem to matter less because our life experiences are more similar. (Large) Age differences can be overcome if people are at similar places in their lives. When you are a teen still finding your voice in this world dating somebody who is significantly older can stifle you.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.