The Subways

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yumcarrots
(searched & couldn't find another subways thread)

Does anyone like the subways? i downloaded rock & roll queen, but i don't really know what to make of it.

Victor Von Doom
Fifth option- shit.

Make that of it, and save yourself the time.

cool_dudes_rule
dont like them.

Yumcarrots
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Fifth option- shit.

Make that of it, and save yourself the time.

um, great 79p wasted miffed

SleaterKinney32
They have a cool name. Is there any other band that they sound like? I've definitely never heard of them before.

MildPossession
From the music I have heard, not a band I would listen to.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by SleaterKinney32
They have a cool name. Is there any other band that they sound like? I've definitely never heard of them before.

Any generic indie-rock band of the last 15 years. Although more generic.

SleaterKinney32
Hahah, I won't even bother checking them out. It seems like no one cares for them.

jaden101
Originally posted by SleaterKinney32
Hahah, I won't even bother checking them out. It seems like no one cares for them.

nothing like forming your own opinion eh?

Victor Von Doom
No-one can listen to everything though, and in this case it's for everyone's own good. Except The Subways and their label.

jaden101
No-one can listen to everything though, and in this case it's for everyone's own good. Except The Subways and their label.

fair enough...but why bother with an opinion on something if they haven't even listened to it...i can understand having respect for someone elses opinion...but certainly not any of you 'orrible lot stick out tongue

SleaterKinney32
Originally posted by jaden101
fair enough...but why bother with an opinion on something if they haven't even listened to it...i can understand having respect for someone elses opinion...but certainly not any of you 'orrible lot stick out tongue

Hey, hey, hey. You've got a point, but honestly, I trust the people on here enough to take their opinions on something (music, movies, shows) and to stay away from what they would consider bad. That's all.

Victor Von Doom
To be fair, you might like them; although if you do that's a whole other set of problems to worry about.

jaden101
To be fair, you might like them; although if you do that's a whole other set of problems to worry about.

whats to worry about?...whether someone on an internet forum thinks its funny that someone likes something they dont...it's not going to keep a person awake at night...and if it does...then thats something to worry about all in itself

Victor Von Doom
whats to worry about?...whether someone on an internet forum thinks its funny that someone likes something they dont...it's not going to keep a person awake at night...and if it does...then thats something to worry about all in itself

Note to self- explain sarcasm to jaden in future.

jaden101
Note to self- explain sarcasm to jaden in future.

sarcasm is spoken...in written form it's called irony... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Victor Von Doom
sarcasm is spoken...in written form it's called irony... roll eyes (sarcastic)

What in the Hell?

Who told you that? That's one of the funniest things I've read today.

jaden101
What in the Hell?

Who told you that? That's one of the funniest things I've read today.

read alot today have you?...you can take it up with my old English lecturer if you like...

Victor Von Doom
read alot today have you?...you can take it up with my old English lecturer if you like...

Yep. All comedy stuff, too.

I sincerely doubt any English 'lecturer' would believe that. If that is true, he or she is an idiot.

jaden101
Yep. All comedy stuff, too.

I sincerely doubt any English 'lecturer' would believe that. If that is true, he or she is an idiot.

it was a she...i got an 'A'... so whether it's right or wrong, i couldn't really care...still...you learn something new everyday.

we're a bit off topic now...

Victor Von Doom
it was a she...i got an 'A'... so whether it's right or wrong, i couldn't really care...still...you learn something new everyday.

we're a bit off topic now...

Indeed.

Them Subways, a?

I went to see the 5678s and they were supporting. I sat next to them during the 5678s' soundcheck, thinking they were some random people, and then they got onstage. At which point I wished they were random people.

jaden101
Indeed.

Them Subways, a?

I went to see the 5678s and they were supporting. I sat next to them during the 5678s' soundcheck, thinking they were some random people, and then they got onstage. At which point I wished they were random people.

resist the urge to heckle the band?

always loved the "play one the drummer knows" insult...

Victor Von Doom
resist the urge to heckle the band?

always loved the "play one the drummer knows" insult...

It was only me and a friend of mine sitting there, so it would have been a bit risky.

jaden101
It was only me and a friend of mine sitting there, so it would have been a bit risky.

against 1 guy and a chick...i'm sure you could've taken them...cheap guitars or not...a swift pint glass to the head always works a treat...unless the bar decides to go with the plastic ones...then it's a least as good a comedy moment as it could have been a violent one

Victor Von Doom
against 1 guy and a chick...i'm sure you could've taken them...cheap guitars or not...a swift pint glass to the head always works a treat...unless the bar decides to go with the plastic ones...then it's a least as good a comedy moment as it could have been a violent one

Nah, there were loads of roadies and such.

As an aside, the bass was turned down to zero during the show.

Libertine
I like them the album so different to what the you think they would sound like.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.