Silver Surfer vs the X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Norrin Radd
For arguments sake say the xmen team consists of:
Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Beast

Personally I say the Surfer wins, as I think Rogue only drains mutant powers? IS that right? Even if not, he can fly circle around her. And I don't see any of the other xmen even being able to hurt him.

jasofisc
did wolverine impale him once (i'm totaly joking i know it was a what if it's just funney to me)

vold
xmen will win. jean grey with levitate him while wolverine punches him in the face while the rest of the team go play cards.

slade10
ss could give the x-men 2 years to plan and/or beat on him, and he'd still win...

golem370
^ true

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by slade10
ss could give the x-men 2 years to plan and/or beat on him, and he'd still win...

I really wouldnt go that far but yeah SS beats this team.

Nick1989
Lol. Were talking about Silver Surfer guys! It was proven by Marvel editors on a tv interview recently that Surfer would destroy Superman. Surfer would kill the xmen no problem.

Lucid Lui
laughing I like that it was proven by "Marvel editors". That way you get a good unbiased decision. big grin

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Norrin Radd

Personally I say the Surfer wins, as I think Rogue only drains mutant powers? IS that right? Even if not, he can fly circle around her. And I don't see any of the other xmen even being able to hurt him. The X-Men don't stand a chance here.

Surfer's psychic defenses should hold off Prof X and Grey's assaults (God-Cable couldn't affect his mind, Prof X and Grey won't either). Cyclops's strongest optic blasts may knock Surfer around, but nothing more. Grey's telekinesis would be overwhelmed by the Power Cosmic. Storm's lightning bolts would do no better than Optic blasts. Colossus? Too slow, and not enough strength to be a factor. Assuming Wolverine claws would actually penetrate Surfer's skin (doubtful in continuity), he has no assurance of a kill. Rogue can drain any beings power, but the last time she tried to drain Surfer, she was knocked unconcsious seconds after contact. Gambit? Not enough offensive punch. Beast? See Gambit.

Assuming Surfer isn't in the mood to negate the X-Men's powers with the Power Cosmic, he could knock out most of the team with an area-effect Power Cosmic blast, or dodge them all day while landing KO finger-flicks. The remaining Rogue (assuming she wouldn't try to steal his power and KO herself again) and Colossus would stand no chance of defeating Surfer.

Nick1989
Lucid Lui. A couple of months ago a 2 people editors from the Ultimate Marvel series were answering questions. Some guy called John McDowell asked one of the editors who is your favourite Marvel characher and why. The guys answered Silver Surfer and he also said that Surfer is capable of beating almost anyone. He mentioned Superman. If you dont belive me go on marvels official site and look on the archive posts.

guy smiley
Yeah, but if the same guy asked DC editors if Silver Surfer could beat Superman what do you suppose the DC editors would say?

Nick1989
I believe that Silver could destroy Superman. Its the truth.

Norrin Radd
What circumstances led Rogue to try to drain SS?

Warmonger
Originally posted by Nick1989
I believe that Silver could destroy Superman. Its the truth.

Marvel doesn't write Superman comics. So it really doesn't matter what their opinion is.

If you ask an editor at DC he might say something different.

Its not the truth its an opinion, one I agree with, but an opionon none the less. Comic book characters are fictional, made by different companies and their abilities fluctuate between writers, meaning that they change far too much for anything about them to be considered truth.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by vold
xmen will win. jean grey with levitate him while wolverine punches him in the face while the rest of the team go play cards. read five bios about silver surfer and read the respect thread for feats of him, then come back here and repost.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by slade10
ss could give the x-men 2 years to plan and/or beat on him, and he'd still win... Not if they contact Dr. Doom....................

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by guy smiley
Yeah, but if the same guy asked DC editors if Silver Surfer could beat Superman what do you suppose the DC editors would say?
There could be Superman writers who, in their opinion, think Surfer could beat Superman. It's not like everyone has to be rabid fanboys about their companies.

supremthor
did any one read marvel zombies... wolverine tryed to cut SS but ended up ripping his bone out his body....But then hulk bit surfers head off

Black Adam
Originally posted by supremthor
did any one read marvel zombies... wolverine tryed to cut SS but ended up ripping his bone out his body....But then hulk bit surfers head off

apparently zombified teeth are now stronger then the power cosmic now huh?

I know it's not supposed to be seriouse comic but still....

roughrider
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
laughing I like that it was proven by "Marvel editors". That way you get a good unbiased decision. big grin

Yeah, anyone would have to say they're a LITTLE biased...though I agree with their Surfer over Supes opinion.
In any case, all someone has to do is show Surfer that panel where Wolverine stabbed him - maybe the worst f**king thing I ever saw miffed - then add he went off and ravished Shalla Bal, and Surfer justs sinks the whole mansion and everyone inside within ten seconds. Beware the power cosmic in the hands of an angry man!

GODSCRIBE
lol@jean grey levitating SS. he would simply send her into oblivion.

Acrosurge
What circumstances led Rogue to try to drain SS? She was attempting to use her power to absorb abilities and memories to see if the Surfer's mind was being controlled. She got absolutely nothing when she touched him, then was hurled back by a wave of energy strong enough to knock her unconscious. Surfer later admitted that he did not mean to attack her; the reaction was reflexsive.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by guy smiley

Actually, they said the same.

Sixth_Winged
Surfer. Nothing short of PIS or jobbing would hurt him against non-cosmic character unless it's really really uber.

spetznaz

Personally I say the Surfer wins, as I think Rogue only drains mutant powers? IS that right? Even if not, he can fly circle around her. And I don't see any of the other xmen even being able to hurt him.

10/10 Silver Surfer.

This is not even a fight .....I could go into details, but let it suffice for me to say that SS will beat the X-men so fast that it would take less time than that necessary for the Flash to snap his finger twice.

This is a beating .....there is NO conceivable way for the characters put above to defeat the Surfer (unless globs of PIS/CIS are added). The Surfer is a lightspeed-plus mover, cosmic-energy wielder who faces off against intergalactic threats.
The x-men you listed include a crippled telepath, a telekinetic telepath, a weather witch, a metallic brawler, a short funny-haired brawler, a flying brawler with a 'don't touch' sign, a cajun gambler with an explosive delivery, and a hairy scientist.
No chance.

Give me a call when you make Jean into the Phoenix, but the way they are set up above none will even have a thought (literally) before the Silver Surfer wipes them out.

10/10 Surfer.

Nick1989
Yeah. As i posted before Marvel editiors such as :

Joe Quesada and Bob Harras of Marvel Comics
Karl Kesel and Jim Lee of DC also said that Silver Surfer would be able to defeat Superman. There was an article on the internet.

Surfer has the power of the 'Power Cosmics' that was given to him by Galactus. He can lift about 100 tons, he can move at virtually limitless amounts of mass. He possess a very good healing factor ability.Surfer is invulnerable to most forms of physical harm. He can withstand great extremes of temperature caused by the build-up of friction within atmospheres. Surfer's mind has also been restructured so that he has considerable resistance to telepathy and other mind control methods.Surfer does not need to eat or breathe since he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy directly through his skin. Although his body does not require sleep, his mind must still rest in order to give it an opportunity to dream. In the comics he can travel roughly about 186,000 miles per second. He is so fast on his surfboard is can travel throught dimentions and time. This is why he would be able to defeat Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.