KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs the X-men

Silver Surfer vs the X-men
Started by: Norrin Radd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Norrin Radd

Silver Surfer vs the X-men

For arguments sake say the xmen team consists of:
Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Beast

Personally I say the Surfer wins, as I think Rogue only drains mutant powers? IS that right? Even if not, he can fly circle around her. And I don't see any of the other xmen even being able to hurt him.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 03:33 AM
Norrin Radd is currently offline Click here to Send Norrin Radd a Private Message Find more posts by Norrin Radd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

did wolverine impale him once (i'm totaly joking i know it was a what if it's just funney to me)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 03:39 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vold

xmen will win. jean grey with levitate him while wolverine punches him in the face while the rest of the team go play cards.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 03:49 AM
vold is currently offline Click here to Send vold a Private Message Find more posts by vold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slade10

ss could give the x-men 2 years to plan and/or beat on him, and he'd still win...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 06:54 AM
slade10 is currently offline Click here to Send slade10 a Private Message Find more posts by slade10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

^ true

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 06:56 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by slade10
ss could give the x-men 2 years to plan and/or beat on him, and he'd still win...

I really wouldnt go that far but yeah SS beats this team.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 11:34 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

Lol. Were talking about Silver Surfer guys! It was proven by Marvel editors on a tv interview recently that Surfer would destroy Superman. Surfer would kill the xmen no problem.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 11:56 AM
Nick1989 is currently offline Click here to Send Nick1989 a Private Message Find more posts by Nick1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

laughing I like that it was proven by "Marvel editors". That way you get a good unbiased decision. big grin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 12:33 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Re: Silver Surfer vs the X-men

Originally posted by Norrin Radd
For arguments sake say the xmen team consists of:
Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Beast

Personally I say the Surfer wins, as I think Rogue only drains mutant powers? IS that right? Even if not, he can fly circle around her. And I don't see any of the other xmen even being able to hurt him.
The X-Men don't stand a chance here.

Surfer's psychic defenses should hold off Prof X and Grey's assaults (God-Cable couldn't affect his mind, Prof X and Grey won't either). Cyclops's strongest optic blasts may knock Surfer around, but nothing more. Grey's telekinesis would be overwhelmed by the Power Cosmic. Storm's lightning bolts would do no better than Optic blasts. Colossus? Too slow, and not enough strength to be a factor. Assuming Wolverine claws would actually penetrate Surfer's skin (doubtful in continuity), he has no assurance of a kill. Rogue can drain any beings power, but the last time she tried to drain Surfer, she was knocked unconcsious seconds after contact. Gambit? Not enough offensive punch. Beast? See Gambit.

Assuming Surfer isn't in the mood to negate the X-Men's powers with the Power Cosmic, he could knock out most of the team with an area-effect Power Cosmic blast, or dodge them all day while landing KO finger-flicks. The remaining Rogue (assuming she wouldn't try to steal his power and KO herself again) and Colossus would stand no chance of defeating Surfer.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 03:02 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

Lucid Lui. A couple of months ago a 2 people editors from the Ultimate Marvel series were answering questions. Some guy called John McDowell asked one of the editors who is your favourite Marvel characher and why. The guys answered Silver Surfer and he also said that Surfer is capable of beating almost anyone. He mentioned Superman. If you dont belive me go on marvels official site and look on the archive posts.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 04:02 PM
Nick1989 is currently offline Click here to Send Nick1989 a Private Message Find more posts by Nick1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy smiley

Yeah, but if the same guy asked DC editors if Silver Surfer could beat Superman what do you suppose the DC editors would say?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:15 PM
guy smiley is currently offline Click here to Send guy smiley a Private Message Find more posts by guy smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

I believe that Silver could destroy Superman. Its the truth.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:21 PM
Norrin Radd

What circumstances led Rogue to try to drain SS?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:23 PM
Norrin Radd is currently offline Click here to Send Norrin Radd a Private Message Find more posts by Norrin Radd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warmonger

Originally posted by Nick1989
I believe that Silver could destroy Superman. Its the truth.

Marvel doesn't write Superman comics. So it really doesn't matter what their opinion is.

If you ask an editor at DC he might say something different.

Its not the truth its an opinion, one I agree with, but an opionon none the less. Comic book characters are fictional, made by different companies and their abilities fluctuate between writers, meaning that they change far too much for anything about them to be considered truth.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 12:13 AM
Warmonger is currently offline Click here to Send Warmonger a Private Message Find more posts by Warmonger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Originally posted by vold
xmen will win. jean grey with levitate him while wolverine punches him in the face while the rest of the team go play cards.
read five bios about silver surfer and read the respect thread for feats of him, then come back here and repost.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 01:27 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by slade10
Not if they contact Dr. Doom....................

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 01:37 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by guy smiley
Yeah, but if the same guy asked DC editors if Silver Surfer could beat Superman what do you suppose the DC editors would say?

There could be Superman writers who, in their opinion, think Surfer could beat Superman. It's not like everyone has to be rabid fanboys about their companies.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 02:32 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

did any one read marvel zombies... wolverine tryed to cut SS but ended up ripping his bone out his body....But then hulk bit surfers head off

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 03:12 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by supremthor
did any one read marvel zombies... wolverine tryed to cut SS but ended up ripping his bone out his body....But then hulk bit surfers head off

apparently zombified teeth are now stronger then the power cosmic now huh?

I know it's not supposed to be seriouse comic but still....

sig by willRules

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 03:24 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
laughing I like that it was proven by "Marvel editors". That way you get a good unbiased decision. big grin

Yeah, anyone would have to say they're a LITTLE biased...though I agree with their Surfer over Supes opinion.
In any case, all someone has to do is show Surfer that panel where Wolverine stabbed him - maybe the worst f**king thing I ever saw miffed - then add he went off and ravished Shalla Bal, and Surfer justs sinks the whole mansion and everyone inside within ten seconds. Beware the power cosmic in the hands of an angry man!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 05:40 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote