~!Game On!~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil SeeD
Ok since we are all getting bored with no new news, I have decided to create alittle thinking and fun in here.

I have many brain teaser puzzles and stories, I'll give one, the first person to get it right wins, first person to 3 gets named Spidey-game champion big grin

Ok Brain twister #1:

Their is a farmer, a wolf, a chicken and a bag of grain. The farmer has 1 boat and needs to get across the river with all of these items, except he can only have 1 other item in the boat with him at a time.

If he leaves the chicken and grain alone the chicken will eat the grain.

If he leaves the wolf and chicken alone the wolf will eat the chicken.

How does he get all 3 things across without loosing any of them ?

This one is the easiest.. GOOD LUCK wink

(oh and no crazy ideas.. they ALL have to use the boat, and the farmer HAS to be in the boat for all trips... Noone can swim!)

Paola
can't it be Spidey-related? erm

carnageandvenom
they all just go around lol

atharpina
Mr. Nygma?

spencerspider
take chicken... wolf wont eat grain...

spencerspider
that was easy if I'm right lol farmer takes chicken... wolf and grain left behind. farmer picks up grain and goes there... and then picks up o wolfy who wait the three little pigs so hopefully he wont eat the human.

Drache53
Okay, I got one...

So a rooster in a SPIDER-MAN outfit is sitting on the top of a barn roof (the pointy part, ya know? /\ The top) trying to lay an egg. If it laid the egg on the crease of the roof, which way would the egg roll?

spencerspider
roosters don't lay eggs do they? I mean I might be wrong but it can't lay one is that it? wow I'm good lol

Evil SeeD
None of you are right so far.. Spencer.. if you take the chicken first, then go back for the grain and drop it off, the chicken will eat the grain.. wink Doesnt work... Try again!

Sparkz
He takes the chicken across first and then he goes back and takes the grain, but once hes dropped the grain off he takes the chicken back to the other side of the river, he then takes the wolf to the grain leaving the chicken on the other side, he then goes back to fetch the chicken , thus everything is on the other side of the river without being eaten, how good am I smile

spencerspider
I DONT LIKE YOU!! lol I didn't know the eating still applied to the other side of the river

Sparkz
Originally posted by spencerspider
I DONT LIKE YOU!! lol I didn't know the eating still applied to the other side of the river
You don't like sad I'm hurt, its so lonely at the top lol

Evil SeeD
Sparkz wins!!! big grinbig grin very nice job.. and of course it still applies on the other side.. lol.... .Ok I'll post a new one after school.. wink

Sparkz
not that i'm braging or anything but NYAAAAA lol

Evil SeeD
Ok here is the 2nd one.. Since it would be easy to make a random guess, you need to explain how you got your answer to win.. So far Sparkz is in the lead with 1 point..

Here it is:
Peter and Harry were excitedly describing the result of the Third Annual International Science Fair Extravaganza in Manhattan. There were three contestants, Louis, Rene, and Johannes. Peter reported that Louis won the fair, while Rene came in second. Harry, on the other hand, reported that Johannes won the fair, while Louis came in second.

In fact, neither Peter nor Harry had given a correct report of the results of the science fair. Each of them had given one correct statement and one false statement. What was the actual placing of the three contestants?

Sparkz
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
Ok here is the 2nd one.. Since it would be easy to make a random guess, you need to explain how you got your answer to win.. So far Sparkz is in the lead with 1 point..

Here it is:
Peter and Harry were excitedly describing the result of the Third Annual International Science Fair Extravaganza in Manhattan. There were three contestants, Louis, Rene, and Johannes. Peter reported that Louis won the fair, while Rene came in second. Harry, on the other hand, reported that Johannes won the fair, while Louis came in second.

In fact, neither Peter nor Harry had given a correct report of the results of the science fair. Each of them had given one correct statement and one false statement. What was the actual placing of the three contestants?

Johannes came first
Rene came second
Louis was last

ok so because both peter and harry had to be right with 1 person the only person who was choosen twice would have to have lost because he cannot be a correct answer which in this case is louis which would then indicate that because Peter said louis won his second place contestant "rene" would be correct and harrys choice of first place would be correct because its the only 1 left. (Edit also they only mention 2 contestants in their report so its also the only way all 3 fit without 1 person being either right twice or wrong twice)

if you understand my reasoning, it confuses me.

carnageandvenom
your idea wouldn't work while you were getting the wolf the chicken would eat the grain

spencerspider
Originally posted by Sparkz
Johannes came first
Rene came second
Louis was last

ok so because both peter and harry had to be right with 1 person the only person who was choosen twice would have to have lost because he cannot be a correct answer which in this case is louis which would then indicate that because Peter said louis won his second place contestant "rene" would be correct and harrys choice of first place would be correct because its the only 1 left. (Edit also they only mention 2 contestants in their report so its also the only way all 3 fit without 1 person being either right twice or wrong twice)

if you understand my reasoning, it confuses me.

YOU STOLE MY ANSWER lol before I read down I figured it out wow you are mean..

Sparkz
YOU STOLE MY ANSWER lol before I read down I figured it out wow you are mean..

lol sorry but you win some you loose some.

Oh and carnageandvenom who are you talking to? because while I was taking the wolf to the other side of the river I had taken the chicken back to the other side so the chicken couldnt have eaten the grain.

spencerspider
he was prob talking to me

Evil SeeD
good lord Sparkz... Jeees I think we are ganna have to make this more than 3 wins to be champion.. haha..

Ok here is number 3 .. Think you can handle it? :

One day a girl celebrated her birthday. Two days later, her older twin brother celebrated his.

How is this possible?
confused

Sparkz
good lord Sparkz... Jeees I think we are ganna have to make this more than 3 wins to be champion.. haha..

Ok here is number 3 .. Think you can handle it? :

One day a girl celebrated her birthday. Two days later, her older twin brother celebrated his.

How is this possible?
confused

Thats a tough 1 the only way I can think of an answer for this is like this, Her brother was born first and she was born second making him older, then they celebrated their birthday on differnt days, dosn't seem like the right answer though so I'm gonna have to think about it.

Evil SeeD
Haha, nope thats not it... Their is an answer that would make that statement exactly how it sounds.... And the days they celebrate are their real B-days.. Not a day they just picked to celebrate it...

Sparkz
Haha, nope thats not it... Their is an answer that would make that statement exactly how it sounds.... And the days they celebrate are their real B-days.. Not a day they just picked to celebrate it...

Well im stumped on this 1, theres gonna be a realy stupid answer to this that will make me say oooo yeah.

Sparkz
I got it, it says he is her older twin brother, which means it her older borther bt not her twin, if it was it would be phrased her twin older brother, so he could have been born 2 days later but 5 years ago and he had a twin

spencerspider
that dont make sense to me lol..

steverules
Yeah I don't get it.

spencerspider
very confusing.. well I knew the first two.. kinda.

Sparkz
I think its just the way its phrased, hey im pulling at straws here.

spencerspider
ok the boy was born on March 1, 12:00 a.m.
the girl was born on Febuary 28. on a non leap year all of this happened.
this year was a leap year, making feb 29th there.

wait reverse that right? the boy was older..
am i close?

Evil SeeD
Sparkz you are way wrong. It doesnt matter if you say older twin or younger twin or twin thats older.. if it says twin... They are twins wink..

And Spencer you are EXTREMELY close.. but your answer isn't quit their yet. Think alittle harder, What you said wouldnt work, even though you are like 99% there.......

Sparkz
ok the boy was born on March 1, 12:00 a.m.
the girl was born on Febuary 28. on a non leap year all of this happened.
this year was a leap year, making feb 29th there.

wait reverse that right? the boy was older..
am i close?

I can see why he is wrong but for the life of me I can't work out the right answer, stupid crappy brain.

spencerspider
I GOT IT! I hope....The older twin (boy), was born on March 1 very early. Then the boat/airplane crossed the International Date Line, and girl was born on February 28., the younger twin celebrates her birthday a couple days before the older brother on a leap year
pls say i got it

Evil SeeD
Are you cheating...???? Cause either your extremely intelligent, or you have found a site that has that teaser on it..lol..

Yes you got it.....

Evil SeeD
I'll post a new one soon....

spencerspider
THANK GOD. you kinda gave it away.. see 2 days and then I was close meaning something with the days. remember the Int. Date Line, cross over it you gain or lose a day depending on which way you cross it.. simple math and you got it.

Evil SeeD
lol ok.. ... your answer was just almost identicle to the answer that was made by the person who made it up.. .. ok ill get a new one in a few...

spencerspider
whoa wait what are you doing I thought you were coming up with these by yourself... who makes these thing has alot of time on there hands lol

Sparkz
I GOT IT! I hope....The older twin (boy), was born on March 1 very early. Then the boat/airplane crossed the International Date Line, and girl was born on February 28., the younger twin celebrates her birthday a couple days before the older brother on a leap year
pls say i got it

I would never have gotten that, smart arse.

spencerspider
Well you know in Geography class we learn that type of stuff... how old are you do you still go to school

Sparkz
Well you know in Geography class we learn that type of stuff... how old are you do you still go to school

Im 18 no I don't go to school, Im a plumber. I hated geography and all they seemed to talk about was earthquakes and weathering never about international date line lol

Spideys Sister
Steverules you have a differant sig everyday.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Steverules you have a differant sig everyday.

Thats only slightly off topic aint it?

spencerspider
Originally posted by Sparkz
Im 18 no I don't go to school, Im a plumber. I hated geography and all they seemed to talk about was earthquakes and weathering never about international date line lol

Well.. thats science not Geography..

Sparkz
Well.. thats science not Geography..

Thats what I always thought but its what we had to learn, I don't think we ever looked at a map lol.

spencerspider
lol wow all we do is look at maps and do advanced stuff (advanced class lol) like time differences and stuff. its fun but hard on some things..

Sparkz
lol wow all we do is look at maps and do advanced stuff (advanced class lol) like time differences and stuff. its fun but hard on some things..

Well I only did it for a 3 years in secondary school but didnt take it for the GCSE's which is prob why, but it wouldnt have made much difference anyway you don't realyt need to be an expert at geography to be a plumber lol....I hope.

spencerspider
lol hopefully

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.