MLB Talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JoeyO11
Couldn't find a baseball thread on page 1, which with Spring Training so close, is BLASPHEMY! mad

So, let's get some discussion started in here.

Who's gonna win it all this year?

What difference will the Damon signing make to the Yankees and the AL East as a whole?

Have my Mets finally got what it takes to take the Braves' NL East crown?

What chances do you give of a White Sox repeat?

Who's your bet for the AL/NL Cy Young and MVP awards?

Come one, come all! Happy Dance

PS Yankees suck. big grin

BobbyD
IMO, the Mets vs the Sox or Yanks. AL MVP-Arod, especially with 2 bonafide leadoff men in front of him, and Sheff, Hideki, and Giambi behind him. AL Cy Young-Santana, or a member of Sox staff.

NL MVP-(yawn) Pujols. NL Cy Young-Probably Pedro, unless Oswalt has anything to say about it.

The Damon signing gives the Yanks the AL East, doesn't give them the pennant however. That they'll have to win.

Again, all this is just my opinion.erm

Dexx
great...these are the sort of threads that save me from merging everything all the time.

joey, you can have a biscuit

WrathfulDwarf
Angels sign Jeff Weaver for a year. Washburn, Bengie Molina, and Finley gone. We need one more big bat to have a solid team.

JoeyO11
Dexx, chocolate i hope. big grin

Bobby, i presume you're talking about the ChiSox. A Mets-Yanks WS would be great, with the Mets taking the spoils. Happy Dance I think you're spot on with your MVP/Cy Young predictions, btw.

I still think the Sox will be dangerous in the AL East, their pitching should be better this year, and they still have the best 3-4 lineup combo in the major leagues. And, the Jays have obviously made huge strides forward with their offseason moves.

Even though i hate the guy and his team, if i get the #1 overall pick in my fantasy draft this year i'm takin' A-Rod, because of the lineup around him as you mentioned.

Who are you a fan of, BD?

Xirius
clappilepokeyGo Yankees!!!pokeypileclap

BobbyD
Joey, in response to your question about which team I am a fan of......

.........the...............................................................

...........Cubs. bag

JoeyO11
Xirius, not cool. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bobby, i won't laugh...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

Sorry, couldn't help it. big grin

Darth Macabre
Where do everyone think David Wells is going to go? I think he'll be out of boston within the month.

Dr. Strangelove
Best team is the Chicago White Sox. They only got better with Thome and still retained most of their lineup. Most complete team in baseball bar none.

Red Sox should be improved. If Schill can get healthy, Beckett/Schill combo will be nasty. Losing Damon isn't as big as people think since the Red Sox got a player just as good and half the price in Coco.

A's- They will again challenge the Angles for the west. Their starting pitching is arguably the best in baseball and should get better since they were very young and inexperienced last year. Harden could win the Cy Young if he stays healthy. The bullpen is as good as it has been in years. Thomas having a big year could be the big factor in overtaking the Angles.

Giants- Barry should be back which is a huge plus. Saying that, both Benitez and Smiddy need to have great years for the Giants to do well.

Smasandian
Who's going to win this year...hmm tough call. I'm not making a decision.

Screw the signing of Damon and how that will affect the AL East, how bout them Jays, I think they're signings will make the different in the AL East. They have a really good baseball team, thats not all stars. If the gel quickly, Burnett and Ryan play well and Glaus hits HR's, that team will seriously make a different in the playoff race. But everything could turn to shit.

Cy Young: Roy Halladay. ( I'm a Blue Jays fan, but I didnt pick him because I'm a fan, I pick him because he is the top three pitcher in the AL, or even the league, and he would of won it if he didnt get a fluke injury

DanZeke25
I like the Phillies getting Aaron Rowand. But that still doesn't help our pitching. I think we'll be in the race for the division but those damn Mets will probaly win the division. Brett Myers is our only consistant pitcher. We have John Leiber who did pretty good last year, but you can't depend on him to be good every time he pitches. If the Braves win the division again this year, then I will kill someone. I really think they will end up in 3rd place this year though behind the Mets and Phillies.

The Red Sox didn't lose a whole lot with Damon, and they got Coco who is good. Plus, Damon will not be as good this year IMO because he is not a good hitter in Yankee Stadium. I believe his career batting average there is .240? I know its bad. If you don't know yet, I hate the Yankees. I hope they go 0-162.

And White Sox fans are getting excited over Thome and people are saying its a big pickup but its not. I don't believe they got better with him. He strikes out a million times a year. He can bareley hit anymore. And he gets injured. But I'm happy they got him because now he's off the Phillies. Trust me, I know about Thome and he is nothing now. I'm not saying the White Sox got worse, but they didnt get better IMO.

JoeyO11
I agree with Dan about Thome, Frank Thomas almost did more than him in his short time healthy last season than Thome did the entire season...And Thome was playing in a very hitter-friendly ballpark.

I really like the Rowand pickup too, he's always been a player i liked, and i think he will thrive in Philly...

The pitching is obviously the Achilles heel, with no real improvement to what was already a below average rotation, and losing Wagner is a huge blow. Gaining him is great though, i must say. big grin

I wouldn't quite say Coco is "as good" as Damon exactly, but a good replacement yes...More of a gain for the Yucks than a loss for the Sox i would say...

If Santana was in the NL, Doc Halladay would be my Cy Young pick too...

If the Braves win the division this year, i am going to slaughter fuzzy animals.

The Jays did grossly overpay Ryan and Burnett though, no question. Great to see them become very competitive though, definitely adds some spice to the AL East mix.

Xirius
Originally posted by JoeyO11
Xirius, not cool. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Whats wrong with liking the Yankees?
You're just annoyed coz I said it entirely to spite you

JoeyO11
Originally posted by Xirius
Whats wrong with liking the Yankees?
You're just annoyed coz I said it entirely to spite you

The Yankmes are the scum of the earth. George Steinbrenner is Satan. A-Rod is a homo. As is Jeter, and anybody else wearing Yucks pinstripes.

Why don't you just go with a younger, less PURE EVIL team like, i don't know, the 2006 NL East champion New York Mets? smile

Great to see this thread is Yankee fan free to date. big grin Well, that is, unless you consider bandwagon boy Xirius to be one. stick out tongue

Of course, i'm just messing around...I welcome the inevitable Yankee contingent to stop in...Will make it all the more satisfying when they choke in the playoffs once again, and the Mets regain their rightul place as NY's baseball elite. Happy Dance It's not like i hate Yankee fans...More pity them. wink

forumcrew
Bonds said he is playing 1 more year and then hes calling it quite record, or not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2336586& amp;POLL236=80000000000000000000000000000000000000

Smasandian
gain for the Yucks than a loss for the Sox i would say...

If Santana was in the NL, Doc Halladay would be my Cy Young pick too...

If the Braves win the division this year, i am going to slaughter fuzzy animals.

The Jays did grossly overpay Ryan and Burnett though, no question. Great to see them become very competitive though, definitely adds some spice to the AL East mix.

Yeah, but the Doc would of won it if he didnt get a freak injury last year.

The Jays did overspend, but they have too. Nonbody wanted to play in Toronto at all, so to get a free agent, they have to overspend, especially considering the teams in thier divisions. But what I like about the signings is that because they got Burnett and Ryan, guys like Glaus, Molina and others will sign a contract with them. It happened back in the early 90's when they won 2 World Series.

Also, unlike the Yanks or Sox, they overspent on guys that have an age under 30. If Ryan and Burnett were 37, I would not agree with the signings. Also, if they dont work out, they will be trade bait for the tradeline, and i know somebody will pick them up. But overall, they took a team that was good last year, and added power, better pitching and a closer who is really good. All the lost was Hudson. They bascially have the same team as last year but upgraded significantly.

Darth Macabre
The Yankmes are the scum of the earth. George Steinbrenner is Satan. A-Rod is a homo. As is Jeter, and anybody else wearing Yucks pinstripes.

Why don't you just go with a younger, less PURE EVIL team like, i don't know, the 2006 NL East champion New York Mets? smile

Great to see this thread is Yankee fan free to date. big grin Well, that is, unless you consider bandwagon boy Xirius to be one. stick out tongue

Of course, i'm just messing around...I welcome the inevitable Yankee contingent to stop in...Will make it all the more satisfying when they choke in the playoffs once again, and the Mets regain their rightul place as NY's baseball elite. Happy Dance It's not like i hate Yankee fans...More pity them. wink

Oh please I wouldn't be bragging about the Mets. Having a payroll above 100 million dollars, and only having a record of 4 games above .500 is nothing to be happy about.

Darth Macabre
Kirby Puckett....Rest in Peace.

Great ball player.

WrathfulDwarf
R.I.P. Kirby from a Halos fan.

forumcrew
anyone interested in a fantasy baseball leage? I'll start one up, but Id ask to only do it if you plan on taking it somewhat seriously

DanZeke25
Originally posted by forumcrew
anyone interested in a fantasy baseball leage? I'll start one up, but Id ask to only do it if you plan on taking it somewhat seriously

I might. But last time I just stopped doing it, so I don't know.

If Ryan Howard plays like he is in spring training, he will hit like 50 home-runs. He's got 7 home-runs already. He is a MONSTER. Nuff said.

forumcrew
A-Rod stranded SIX baserunners yesterday, way to come through in the clutch for your country A-Rod. Im loving Griffey getting RBI's and HR's

Darth Macabre

What site?

forumcrew
yahoo or espn i suppose

forumcrew

cramunit
You'll definitely need to find more power. It is something that is essential in fantasy since it helps you in three categories (HR,R,RBI) and there are a number of players who have good power who can also hit for average and a few who can steal bases on top of that. You have to grab those guys early, but they are worth it. I always go with big bats in the first two rounds with one of those picks being a combination power hitter-base stealer and I won't even bother with pitchers until the third round at the earliest. Sometimes I won't even draft a pitcher until the seventh round and this strategy works well if you make smart picks. I succeed with this stategy almost every time I use it. I think you did good for someone without much experience. I've seen a lot of first timers (and some experienced players) do a lot worse. Bobby Crosby in the fifth round was a little early and Shea Hillenbrand in the eighth was as well, but don't sweat it. Keep up with your team and have fun.

forumcrew

cramunit
You did good. Good power-speed combination with A-Rod and Sizemore. You also have good speed with Rollins and good power with Bonds and Konerko. Waiting until the seventh to draft Bonds was the right thing to do. You still got good pitching to go along with your offense. Chris Carpenter and Felix Hernandez are a great one-two punch and I'm guessing that you didn't have to use a first or second pick to get them. You did do better.

Quiero Mota
So how about them Yankees beating the A's?

Oakland got their asses handed to them! I was surprised at Thomas' rather poor performance.

So who do you think will do good this year?

DanZeke25
Goes here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t392075.html

BTW, Yankees suck.

DanZeke25
I hate Jim Thome. He has to get injured for us, and then when he acutally plays strike out for us. Now we finally get rid of him and he starts doing good again. That Philadelphia's luck for ya. Oh well though Ryan Howard is WAY better and we get Aaron Rowand. THome will still strike out a whole lot for the Chi Sox anyway.

And J Roll continues his hit streak.

DanZeke25
I have good news, the Phillies won't lose tonight. Because they're not playing. eek! no expression

forumcrew
lol

DigiMark007
Yeah Pirates! This year is the year. They're going all the w.....

confused

*looks at record, then at players* sad

Ah well, at least PNC is still the nicest park in baseball. wink

DanZeke25
Chase Utley is a monster. 4 home-runs in the last 2 games including a grand-slam. And its only the 4th inning.

forumcrew
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah Pirates! This year is the year. They're going all the w.....

confused

*looks at record, then at players* sad

Ah well, at least PNC is still the nicest park in baseball. wink

seattle is close to as bad, but id give Safeco the advantage on nicest park

P, that Dude
just came home form the ny game....

this f*cking matsui...

smh

forumcrew
um i believe A-rod struck out twice with runners in scoring position, and both times he had a very favorable count. I think 3-1 the first time and then 3-0 the second and he went down both.

P, that Dude
**** a-rod!

damn dude made 2 errors!

DanZeke25
Originally posted by P, that Dude
**** a-rod!

damn dude made 2 errors!

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

GO RED SOX!!!!

Phillies on a 9 game winning streak! w00t

GO PHILLIES!

DanZeke25
Also Phillies are bringing up Cole Hamels up from AAA and will make his debut against my third favorite team(Reds, who are surprisingly good this year.) He has been monster in A, AA, and AAA, and he has had 26 strikeouts in 39 innings or somehting like that. I just hope we are not rushing him because he will be a stud.

P, that Dude
Originally posted by DanZeke25
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

GO RED SOX!!!!

Phillies on a 9 game winning streak! w00t

GO PHILLIES!

hell no!

the mets vs. phills got cancelled once game starts well take that w

oh yeah f*ck a-rod! he's been hitting like a b*tch! wtf is a .275????

HELLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!

DanZeke25
hell no!

the mets vs. phills got cancelled once game starts well take that w

oh yeah f*ck a-rod! he's been hitting like a b*tch! wtf is a .275????

HELLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!

Red Sox take 2-3 from Yankees, and 3-4 on the season. w00t

Phillies take 2-3 from Mets. w00t

Reds come back and score 4 runs in the 11th including a walk-off by Griffey. w00t

forumcrew
The walk off by Griffey was AWESOME! great to see him come back and blast one his first game.

Rowand hurt is really bad for the Phillies, especially because he should sue them.

Darth Macabre
Rowand taking one for the team last night was AMAZING....I love that guy.

If only the phillies put up the padding he asked for.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Rowand taking one for the team last night was AMAZING....I love that guy.

If only the phillies put up the padding he asked for.

Yes, Rowand is monster. Greatest play so far this year.

He's on the 15 day DL right now, hopefully he'll be back soon. Victorino filled in nicely though last night. He went 4-4 and was a single away from the cycle. Cole Hamels pitched pretty good, only giving up 1 hit but 5 walks.

Pezmerga
Yes, Rowand is monster. Greatest play so far this year.

He's on the 15 day DL right now, hopefully he'll be back soon. Victorino filled in nicely though last night. He went 4-4 and was a single away from the cycle. Cole Hamels pitched pretty good, only giving up 1 hit but 5 walks.

That Game was ugly lol then Williams had a good start yesterday but no offense from the Reds =/.

Mr Parker
Red Sox take 2-3 from Yankees, and 3-4 on the season. w00t

yeah thats awesome that the red sox took 3 out of 4 from the yankees. Happy Dance I laughed my butt off that Johnny Damon went o-5. laughing I STILL smile today about him striking out with the bases loaded with 2 outs in the red sox playoff loss to the white sox last year. laughing He has got to be the most over rated player in the major leagues.I cant believe the Yankees were stupid enough to sign him.Especially since he was a non factor against them in the playoffs.The Yankees signing of him reminds me of the Ravens in football actually being stupid enough to believe that Elvis Gerbec would be an inprovement for them at quarterback over Trent Dilfer. laughing anyways,Yeah I was thrilled to see the red sox take 3 out of 4 from the yankees.Johnny Damon and the yankees represent everything that is wrong with baseball.

DanZeke25
Yes I love it whenever the Yankees lose. I was watching ESPN, and they said that 3 players on the Yankees sombined have more salary then the whole Florida Marlins team. I would LOVE it if the Marlins swept them. I would make a T-shirt out of it.

Ryan Howard is amazing. 2 home-runs, 1 to tie in the 8th, and one to take the least in the 12th. w00t

forumcrew
yea NY loses its always fun. And actually several players on the NYY make more than the entire Marlins team alone.

Florida Marlins team salary: $14,344,500

Top ten salaries in NY:
1. Alex Rodriguez $25,680,727
2. Derek Jeter $20,600,000
3. Jason Giambi $20,428,571
4. Mike Mussina $19,000,000
5. Randy Johnson $15,661,427
6. Johnny Damon $13,000,000
7. Hideki Matsui $13,000,000
8. Jorge Posada $12,000,000
9. Gary Sheffield $10,756,171
10. Mariano Rivera $10,500,000

Team salary: $198,662,180

oh stupid Steinbrenner.

The craziest part is that Miguel Cabrera is only making $472,000 this year. He deserves far more than that. I wouldnt blame him for going someone like NY just to make up for lost pay, and afterall they do need an OF player lol maybe they will go buy him.

P, that Dude
yea NY loses its always fun. And actually several players on the NYY make more than the entire Marlins team alone.

Florida Marlins team salary: $14,344,500

Top ten salaries in NY:
1. Alex Rodriguez $25,680,727
2. Derek Jeter $20,600,000
3. Jason Giambi $20,428,571
4. Mike Mussina $19,000,000
5. Randy Johnson $15,661,427
6. Johnny Damon $13,000,000
7. Hideki Matsui $13,000,000
8. Jorge Posada $12,000,000
9. Gary Sheffield $10,756,171
10. Mariano Rivera $10,500,000

Team salary: $198,662,180

oh stupid Steinbrenner.

The craziest part is that Miguel Cabrera is only making $472,000 this year. He deserves far more than that. I wouldnt blame him for going someone like NY just to make up for lost pay, and afterall they do need an OF player lol maybe they will go buy him.

^LMAO. salty-ass fans.

*get ya weight up, not ya hate up*

DanZeke25
^LMAO. salty-ass fans.

face-plain

wuTa
^LMAO. salty-ass fans.

you should be tellin that to all those players listed on the Yankees because they have been pulling everything but there weight

P, that Dude
20$ says yankees cant keep this up and mets wins!

mets gonna ****ing win this one!

mets = the REAL ny baseball team

P, that Dude
daaaaym!

this game is something!

let's go mets!

DanZeke25
Please tell me, who do you like, the Mets or the Yankees. You seemed to like the Yankees only and didn't even mention the Mets, until you realixed the Mets were better. Do you just who is winning?

P, that Dude
^lol

but on the real im also a big mets fan... theyre my #2 team in the league (actually theyre my only team besides the bombers) but im a die-hard yankee fan, as most can see... win or lose

but ive got this thing that when these two are fighting im always gonna root for the mets so ill JINX them!

yeah....

i know....

with that said i knew that the yanks wont get swept, go phillips.... chea!

forumcrew
barret is a damn retard he needs a very big suspension. If the kid gets 50 games for accidently throwing a bat towards an ump, barret needs more than that for ****in punching AJ in the face for no damn reason.

mud_blood_princ
red sox win the World Series, Jonathan Papelbon P Boston Redsox

Redsox 4 Life

mud_blood_princ
yankees suck

forumcrew
Originally posted by mud_blood_princ

Redsox 4 Life

is this a prediction or just a random ass statement? im guessing you mean papelbon closes out the series for them? or are you just starting a list of random players?

forumcrew
haha A-Rod was up with 8 men on base, and he never even advanced a single runner and then he was pulled in a double switch.

DanZeke25
Damn, Phillies lost in 16 innings. Ryan Madson was fantastic with over 7 innings relief, until the walk off by Beltran. Not his fault though, it's the Phillies Offense's fault.

badsymbiote
Originally posted by mud_blood_princ

Redsox 4 Life

What a coherent and bold prediction. Who, pray tell, will they be playing? How many games will it take to win the series? Oh--let me guess!!!
It doesn't matter, since I'm sure the Red Sox will clinch their division in July, and sweep the AL division and championship series and breeze into the classic with several days of rest...and then sweep the NL champ.

OK, now you've saved me the trouble of watching baseball this year.
Every year I hope that my teams and favorite players will be prosperous--but, if they're not, I still watch. There's always next year, right? I don't paint my face, shout or write unfounded (and unlikely) predictions to demonstrate my love for the game. But I might start now.

MY PREDICTION--YUMIURI GIANTS OVER NIPPON HAM FIGHTERS IN FIVE. SADUHARU OH WILL MANAGE THE TEAM, HIT THE GAME-WINNER and WILL PITCH IN RELIEF, EARNING BOTH THE SAVE and THE WIN!!!!

I seem pretty confident about all that, don't I? Though it seems preposterous beyond all reason, my prediction is nearly as likely as yours.
RED SUX FOREVER!!!!

forumcrew
lol

all im gonna predict is that after Lopez's break out year in Seattle they are gonna get rid of him, as they always do with all of our talent.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by badsymbiote
What a coherent and bold prediction. Who, pray tell, will they be playing? How many games will it take to win the series? Oh--let me guess!!!
It doesn't matter, since I'm sure the Red Sox will clinch their division in July, and sweep the AL division and championship series and breeze into the classic with several days of rest...and then sweep the NL champ.

OK, now you've saved me the trouble of watching baseball this year.
Every year I hope that my teams and favorite players will be prosperous--but, if they're not, I still watch. There's always next year, right? I don't paint my face, shout or write unfounded (and unlikely) predictions to demonstrate my love for the game. But I might start now.

MY PREDICTION--YUMIURI GIANTS OVER NIPPON HAM FIGHTERS IN FIVE. SADUHARU OH WILL MANAGE THE TEAM, HIT THE GAME-WINNER and WILL PITCH IN RELIEF, EARNING BOTH THE SAVE and THE WIN!!!!

I seem pretty confident about all that, don't I? Though it seems preposterous beyond all reason, my prediction is nearly as likely as yours.
RED SUX FOREVER!!!!

The Red Sox CAN win the World Series this year, so I don't know what the hell your talking about. I'm not gonna go predict it, but they definatley have a chance. Much more of a chance than the Yankees!

P, that Dude
LMAO @ THE RED SOX....

NEW YORK NEW YORK

CHEA

forumcrew
now again to clarify is that the mets or yanks since you seem to cheer for both.

P, that Dude
okay...

let's see... who defeated red sox last night?

damn son

*throws FC vibrator*

You happy now? shit...

DanZeke25
okay...

let's see... who defeated red sox last night?

damn son

*throws FC vibrator*

You happy now? shit...

*looks at standings*

Red Sox are still in first.

Red Sox have beaten the Yankees 4 times, Yanks won only 3.

You seriously do cheer for whoever wins. Your even a Laker fan. I wonder why you started liking them? *cough*3championshipsinarow*cough*

LiL nAstY GirL
Gotta say it, I love the M-E-T-S!!!!!!!!!!!

forumcrew
hes prolly a clippers fan now.

Rodrigo Lopez threw a complete game shutout, 2 hitter today, pretty impressive for a guy whos done nothing this year.

gotta love the devil rays Super Extreme Shift on Big Papi. SS playing 2b, 2b out in shallow RF, 1B normal, 3B in LF, LF in left-center, CF in right-center, RF in extreme RF. and Papi still got a hit through the right side lol.

Field looks so odd with out any players on the left side of the IF.

badsymbiote
lol

all im gonna predict is that after Lopez's break out year in Seattle they are gonna get rid of him, as they always do with all of our talent.

Couldn'ta said it any better myself...

badsymbiote
The Red Sox CAN win the World Series this year, so I don't know what the hell your talking about. I'm not gonna go predict it, but they definatley have a chance. Much more of a chance than the Yankees!

Of course, they CAN win. Realistically, a dozen teams have a legitimate shot at it. Anyone can take a stab at who'll win; I don't unconditionally accept pro announcer's predictions, either. It's just an opinion, even if it is an educated opinion. Anything can happen. I was kind of tired that night, and though I stand by my own comments and retract nothing, I suppose I may have been a bit rude. No apologies, though.

However, if your boy wins it for the Sox, I'll be happy to acknowledge that I was wrong. You gotta call the number of games, though.

DanZeke25
But you are saying this.....

Originally posted by badsymbiote

has almost the same chance of happening that the Red Sox do of winning the World Series. IMO I think the Sox have a good chance of atleast making it to the ALCS. I like their team this year.

Of course, being a Red Sox fan I would love for them to win it, but I won't predict it. I would rather the Phillies win it though because Philly NEVER wins.

badsymbiote

has almost the same chance of happening that the Red Sox do of winning the World Series. IMO I think the Sox have a good chance of atleast making it to the ALCS. I like their team this year.

Of course, being a Red Sox fan I would love for them to win it, but I won't predict it. I would rather the Phillies win it though because Philly NEVER wins.

I know what I'm saying. After all, I am the one who said it. But, let me clarify, since you seem to misinterpret my post.

ANYONE can predict that a team will win. What makes the prediction worth reading or listening to, though? Saying "Red Sox will win" isn't a compelling arguement. Adding information, data, or facts to support the prediction is what makes it viable.

My facetious "prediction" merely illustrates what I regard as an ideal example. A guess at who will win follwed by more information that substantiates an actual thought process. Hopefully my explanation satisfies you. If not; well, that's fine, too.

I could paint my face and scream "GO RED SOX!!!" at acqaintances and passers by, but, that's not really my style. That's for the other guy.

Smasandian

It's going to be tough.

I have a feeling that the Jays are going to cut it real close with the Red Sox and the Yankee's.

I'm not going to predict anything also, but if the Jays can get thier starting pitching healthy and pitching well, the Red Sox might be in trouble. But that's and if.

P, that Dude
dan howd you like last night's game?

eek!

DanZeke25
dan howd you like last night's game?

eek!

Not very much. I didn't watch, all I know is we lost.

Your Mets better watch out, Phillies up coming up the rear. Ryan Howard with 21 homeruns now. He is a MONSTER. 15 of his home-runs have been opposite field too. He's tied with Thome now too. big grin

Oh yeah, and the Reds win their 7th straight, and are now tied with the Cards for first. w00t

P, that Dude
Not very much. I didn't watch, all I know is we lost.

Your Mets better watch out, Phillies up coming up the rear. Ryan Howard with 21 homeruns now. He is a MONSTER. 15 of his home-runs have been opposite field too. He's tied with Thome now too. big grin

yup... philly be creeping up on the east... only 2 games behind now?

and that Ryan Howard kid is definitely a problem

but mets got this tho

forumcrew
id just like to point out that not only is Seattle not in last place, but they are only about 3 games out of first. If beltre and Sexson actually have solid years, with the help of some of the young guys like jojima and lopez we could have a good team to trade away again lol. But Hernandez needs to keep putting it together. Hes been great recently, hope he can keep it up.

forumcrew
ok well the orioles have now accomplished possibly the most moronic play of all time. (other than a homerun going out off cansecos head) In the 10th inning they give up the go ahead run on an intentional walk with a runner on second. Now you may wonder how this happened. Well Todd Williams is the worst pitcher of all time and on the first pitch of the IBB he threw it over the edge of the plate so miguel cabrera just nailed it into the outfield. Laughed my ass off so hard.

DanZeke25
Ryan Howard is now tied with the ML league for home-runs at 25. That one home-run landed on my front porch. Ryan Howard > all.

forumcrew
he only caught up to Albert because ALbert was hurt.

DanZeke25
he only caught up to Albert because ALbert was hurt.

So. It's his first full year in the league.

forumcrew
Anyone heard the Clemens steroids rumors. Apparantly he was busted but it was kept under wraps by MLB because they felt it would be too big of a blow to have someone like him publicly caught. Now this is just a theory going around the internet, one of the main reasons they believe this is he missed exactly 50 games this season.

Smasandian
Anyone heard the Clemens steroids rumors. Apparantly he was busted but it was kept under wraps by MLB because they felt it would be too big of a blow to have someone like him publicly caught. Now this is just a theory going around the internet, one of the main reasons they believe this is he missed exactly 50 games this season.

I dont believe that. MLB has ****ed up thier drug program soo bad that Clemens being caught would be more of an move to create good press about the drug program and to say to the athletes that nonbody is safe.

forumcrew
yea i think its really far fetched, but whatever hes doing he should let randy johnson in on it, cause his fellow 90 year old pitcher needs some help.

Smasandian
Hahahaha......yeah.....how much is he getting paid?

Dr. Strangelove
yea i think its really far fetched, but whatever hes doing he should let randy johnson in on it, cause his fellow 90 year old pitcher needs some help.

What he's doing is pitching in the National League.

Just ask Pedro. Dude went from being one of the better starters in the league who couldn't go past 7 in his last season with the Red Sox back to one of the best pitchers in baseball with the Mets.

It wouldn't surprise me if Clemens would have had a 3.00 or higher ERA if he pitched in the AL last year.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
What he's doing is pitching in the National League.

Just ask Pedro. Dude went from being one of the better starters in the league who couldn't go past 7 in his last season with the Red Sox back to one of the best pitchers in baseball with the Mets.

It wouldn't surprise me if Clemens would have had a 3.00 or higher ERA if he pitched in the AL last year.

True.

It would be interesting to see what Halladay and Santana do if they go to the NL.

forumcrew
well its not exactly like Santana has to face the most terrifying lineups over there in the central. Especially over the pat several years, i suppose its getting worse (for the pitchers because the lineups are improving) Anyone in the AL East is gonna have a hard time pitching.

Smasandian
Central has some of the best teams by now.

But yeah, pitching in the East sucks ass.

forumcrew
well the lineups in the east are also insanely hard to pitch too, so its hard to pitch well there, and to get pitchers to want to come there. The central is really good now, but 2+ years ago pitchers in the central had it about as easy as NL pitchers.

forumcrew
Canseco is back in baseball in some weird league i cant remember the name of.

forumcrew
ok hes playing for the san diego surf dogs. He went 0-3 with 3 K's and he got beaned.

DanZeke25
ok hes playing for the san diego surf dogs. He went 0-3 with 3 K's and he got beaned.

laughing

forumcrew
yankees lose 19-1 on steinbreners bday

forumcrew
hahahahaha ahahahahah Canseco has already demanded a trade after 1 game

DanZeke25
yankees lose 19-1 on steinbreners bday

laughing Yeah that's great.

I remmeber 22-0 also.

forumcrew
yea 3 of the 4 worst beatings the yanks have suffered are at the hands of the indians.

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone else looking forward to the All Star game? I'm glad Vlad got in.

forumcrew
no its retarded. If its going to decide home field advantage MLB should take it serious. Fans should not decide home field advantage and every team does NOT deserve or need a player in the game. MANY of the best players are either not in the game at all or not starting like they should be, its a total piece of shit utter crap fest.

DanZeke25
I'll watch.

I'll also watch the Homerun Derby, which Ryan Howard will win.

Smasandian
I'm just happy that Blue Jays got 5 guys in the allstar game.

forumcrew
Lackey almost sorta threw a no-hitter. First batter of the game he gave up a double so it obviously wasnt a no-no. But then he did record 27 straight outs with no hits, which is just as hard as a no-no except i guess the fact that if he was actually on pace for the no-no there would be more pressure. Hes only the 4th guy to do this in the last 50 years, really odd thing to happen.

DanZeke25
Travis Hafner has 5 grand-slams this year, and is the only player ever to have 5 before the All-Star Break.

forumcrew
6 is the record correct?

~Da Rev~
Tigers

'Nuff said raver

DanZeke25
6 is the record correct?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is.

I hope the Reds can stay in it and win the division or WC.

WrathfulDwarf
I just love the AL West! It's just so friggin wacky! Everyone is chasing each other. Well, after the All star game things change. Despite been and Angel fan. I'm thinking The Rangers will come pretty close to win it. Can't wait for the second half of the season.

Smasandian
Let's do midseason predictions on who will win the Series, who will make the playoffs, MVP both leagues and Cy Young both leagues.

Series......hmmm Ill say....Boston over Mets
AL: Boston, White Sox, Texas and Detriot
NL: St.Louis, Mets, San Diego, LA,

MVP: AL: Hafner
NL:Pujols again
CY: NL: Penny
AL: Roy Halladay

forumcrew
AL: Double Sox, Seattle(homer pick), and Detriot
NL: St.Louis, Mets, Dodgers, San diego (id say houston if the NL west didnt suck so much that it made it easy for all the teams in it, man the west coast blows)

MVP: AL: Ortiz
NL: Pujols (but im really liking David Wright
CY: NL: Brandon Webb
AL: Liriano has no competition if he keeps this up

I think I like the Mets to win it all right now, mainly because their playoff run will be much easier on them than it will be on any of the AL teams.

forumcrew
I'll watch.

ill watch but i mean come on, Mauer isnt the starting catcher? are you kidding me hes hitting almost 400. and the AL pitching it total crap on who got selected. I also dont like that they pick 3 OF's and they dont pick positions. Why not just pick 4 Infielders then instead of picking by actual positions.

DanZeke25
I'll watch.

Told you. Ryan Howard wins.

Smasandian
ill watch but i mean come on, Mauer isnt the starting catcher? are you kidding me hes hitting almost 400. and the AL pitching it total crap on who got selected. I also dont like that they pick 3 OF's and they dont pick positions. Why not just pick 4 Infielders then instead of picking by actual positions.

Who would you select for AL pitching?

forumcrew
justin verlander, fransico liriano (although he ended up making it), john lackey. Kenny Rogers, Buehrle, and redman just dont belong, Rogers is close, but theres better guys. even ones i didnt mention.

Howard definitely looked good, but i was most impressed by David Wrights 16 HR first round, especially because he had the bigger challenge hitting from the right side. But Howards clutch late homeruns were impressive. Interesting the top 3 were NL East.

DanZeke25
If the Phillies could just get some pitching, they could be a real good team. Thats why I really hope they make the 3 way trade for Dontrelle, which would mean trading Abreu or Burrell to the Yankees. I hate both Abreu and Burrell, so I love this trade. It will be great to see Yankee fans boo them, because they'll expect them to be good, when in truth, Burrell strikes out ALOT in big situations, and Abreu's attitude is horrible. He is afraid of the wall, and all he cares about is his stats.

forumcrew
who are the yanks giving to Florida in that trade?

DanZeke25
who are the yanks giving to Florida in that trade?

Money of course. Trying to buy another title.

They also get Gavin Floyd from the Phillies.

forumcrew
florida has so much good young talent they should really keep their team together.

forumcrew
woohoo wright just blasted rogers, i really dont know why but i really like david wright.

forumcrew
guess the AL decided it would be fun to give the NL hope this year then crush thier dreams. But i mean BJ Ryan, Mariano, Papelbon, Jenks.. thats just not fair.

The AL even taunted them by having a totaly f'd infield. THey had Glaus a 3rd baseman at 1B, Young a SS at 2B, and lopez a 2B at 3rd.

DanZeke25
There was a rumored trade in which the Phillies would send Bobby Abreu, Pat Burrell, Tom Gordon, and (i think) David Dellucci to the Yankees for A-Rod. But A-Rod said that if it is true, he would veto the trade with his no trade clause. I guess Gay-Rod likes playing on Gay teams.

I would like the trade. I hate A-Rod, but that is only because he is on the Yankees. I hate everybody on the Yankees. And it fits good because I hate Bobby Abreu and Pat Burrell. Bobby Abreu is an ******* that only cares about his own stats, and Pat Burrell strikes out too much in big situations.

Smasandian
Something's been bothering me lately.

It's about the Blue Jays. The team is 10 or so games over .500 hundred for the first time in atleast a couple of years. They havnt been close to a playoff berth since the two Series win. But whats bothering me is that the fans of Toronto are complaining that they're no doing so well and that the GM is a piece of shit, even comparing him to Rob Babcock (Raps GM that sucks). Tehy've been calling the team garbage, crap and others and that the GM should get fired.

I dont get it. The team can make the playoffs. How can they call the GM garbage when the only bad move he has made was Burnett, but its not like Burnett is crap, he just got injured and when he has pitched, the team hasnt scored any runs. I just dont understand how somebody can think a teams garbage when they're not.

Which brings me to the other thing thats pissing me off

Other thing, I dont know why people get soo offended and negative about a team spending money on a big name that doesnt work out. Its not thier money and they havnt paid taxes for the payroll. Its the owners money. Why should Joe Schmo care about how much somebody gets paid when its not thier money ?

What do you guys think?

DanZeke25
Abreu trade is supposedly a done deal. I don't like who we got though. CJ Henry is the best prospect we got and I've never heard of him. I hope Abreu does horrible with the Yankeees though.

forumcrew
stupid yankess i hate them

DanZeke25
stupid yankess i hate them

Yep, they are trying to buy another Championship.

Too bad the picked the wrong person because Abreu will not help them in any way. laughing laughing

forumcrew
unfortunatly i think he will help them, and any pitcher they get is usefull. Guess i gotta start rooting for the chisox and twins or a big run from the jays to keep those darn yanks out

DanZeke25
unfortunatly i think he will help them, and any pitcher they get is usefull. Guess i gotta start rooting for the chisox and twins or a big run from the jays to keep those darn yanks out

He will help them, but not enough to get them into to playoffs.

I can see it now. The Yankees are in a must win game, they are up by 1, top 9th. Runners on 1st and 2nd. There is a fly ball to Abreu near the wall, and instead of trying to make the catch against the wall, he decides to play it off the wall. Two runs score. The Yankees lose.

WrathfulDwarf
Is it just me or has anyone notice that divisions in the NL are just losing momentum lately. Giants have completely gotten on a bad losing streak.

forumcrew
if your trying to say the NL sucks compared to the AL then yes it does.

Smasandian

The Jays aint doing nothing.

chris_64256
Yep, they are trying to buy another Championship.

Too bad the picked the wrong person because Abreu will not help them in any way. laughing laughing

Yeah, How would guy who gets on base 43% of the time help a team thats struguling offensively.. And then theres Lidle who gives you 6inn plus a start yeah the yanks really made some bad moves.. rolling on floor laughing

DanZeke25
Originally posted by chris_64256
Yeah, How would guy who gets on base 43% of the time help a team thats struguling offensively.. And then theres Lidle who gives you 6inn plus a start yeah the yanks really made some bad moves.. rolling on floor laughing

Listen, do you watch Bobby Abreu play EVERYDAY? No you don't. I know what I am talking about. He might help the Yankees, but not enough to get them into the playoffs.

chris_64256
Listen, do you watch Bobby Abreu play EVERYDAY? No you don't. I know what I am talking about. He might help the Yankees, but not enough to get them into the playoffs.

No need to go internet tuff guy laughing out loud Abreau will help hes got what the yankees need versatility he gets on base doesnt waste at bats can steal 30 bases but the silver lining for the yanks could be picking up craig wilson from the pirates who can play all positions split time with andy phillips and add power plus he crushes left handed pitching for his career. With the yanks being just half a game back with these pickups I'd say they have a great shot..

forumcrew
dan is just a disgruntled phillies fan upset at abreaus lack of well lots of stuff in the past.. best just let him be angry. lol

DanZeke25
No need to go internet tuff guy laughing out loud Abreau will help hes got what the yankees need versatility he gets on base doesnt waste at bats can steal 30 bases but the silver lining for the yanks could be picking up craig wilson from the pirates who can play all positions split time with andy phillips and add power plus he crushes left handed pitching for his career. With the yanks being just half a game back with these pickups I'd say they have a great shot..

I'm not being an internet tuff guy. I'm just saying, Abreu is nothing. If the Yankees make the playoffs, it is not because of him.

forumcrew
aparantly the redsox had a deal done for the rocket and the astros owner said F that S*it hes stayin here.

DanZeke25
aparantly the redsox had a deal done for the rocket and the astros owner said F that S*it hes stayin here.

Apperently they almost had a deal for Andruw Jones too, but the Braves asked for one more person and the Red Sox said no.

Quiero Mota
Is anyone else happy that the D-backs completely raped the Cubs? smokin'

Where all my Arizonans at?

forumcrew
Apperently they almost had a deal for Andruw Jones too, but the Braves asked for one more person and the Red Sox said no.

they wanted Lester and boston had no intention on dumping one of the best young pitchers in the game.

Jones is on waivers so he could still be moving.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Is anyone else happy that the D-backs completely raped the Cubs? smokin'

Where all my Arizonans at?

hate to break it to you, but they split today each taking a game. So the cubs being "raped" not even close.

DanZeke25
Utley's hit streak ended last night. He is an amazing player, and him and Howard are gonna be a force for a LONG time. Also, the Phillies are back in the race. Hopefully the Reds or Phillies get the WC. And all this happens AFTER Abreu leaves. We are better without him since David Dellucci and Shane Victorino are doing great.

forumcrew
oh man i forgot about this for a while, but please tell me you guys saw Big Papi's bunt single! thats how you beat that shift that was so funny/amazing.

Also Randy Johnson is working on a No-No right now in chi town (only through 5 so not even close but still worth mentioning)

chris_64256
Yeah how is that Abreu trade working for the yanks wink

DanZeke25
Yeah how is that Abreu trade working for the yanks wink

They are winning, but because of Abreu, nope.

chris_64256
They are winning, but because of Abreu, nope.

Really, is that why he's hitting about 425 with 15 hits in 8 games for them 4 steals 6 rbi 1 homerun scored 7 times what a bum laughing out loud the guy is third in the league in OB% .432

How about them royals SWEEPING Boston laughing

Interesting news Chicago Cubs manager Dusty Baker will testify in the Mitchell investigation into steroid use in baseball, and he said he assumed he was called because of his relationships with Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa.

Baker managed Bonds with the San Francisco Giants and had Sosa with the Cubs. Former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig to look into the steroids problem.

"I don't have any choice," Baker said Thursday

DanZeke25
Really, is that why he's hitting about 425 with 15 hits in 8 games for them 4 steals 6 rbi 1 homerun scored 7 times what a bum laughing out loud the guy is third in the league in OB% .432

How about them royals SWEEPING Boston laughing

Interesting news Chicago Cubs manager Dusty Baker will testify in the Mitchell investigation into steroid use in baseball, and he said he assumed he was called because of his relationships with Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa.

Baker managed Bonds with the San Francisco Giants and had Sosa with the Cubs. Former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig to look into the steroids problem.

"I don't have any choice," Baker said Thursday

Abreu is doing good, but he is not THE reason they are winning. They would have won all the games that they won whether he played or not. Abreu's first game, they won 5-1. He didn't have a hit, and scored once. If he didn't play, they still would have won. Second game, they won 7-2, he had 2 hits, didn't score and no RBI's. Again, the Yanks still would have won. Next Game Yankees win 8-1. Abreu 3 hits and scored twice. Yanks still would have won without him. Yankees win 5-4. Abreu one hit, no runs or RBI's. They still would have won without him. A couple games later, Yankees win 6-1, Abreu 3 hits, an RBI, and 1 run scored. Yankees still would have won. And finally, they're last win, against thw White Sox, they would have lost if Abreu wasn't there. They win 7-6, Abreu 1 run, 2 hits, 3 RBI's..

Also, the Royals swept the Yankees last year too. Also, I don't believe the Red Sox ever lost to the Indians 22-0. And I might be wrong, but wasn't in the Yankees lost 4 games in a row to the Red Sox in the ALCS when they were up 3-0?

forumcrew
not to mention the one game abreu helped him, someone else woulda had that lineup spot and they still might have won.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>