rogue on steroids vs wonderwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
rogue is below wonder womans strength level. but if rogue has got some steroids on her with the strength she has at the moment you think she can take on WW ?

TheKahn
no

diabloman
rogue is about class 80. if shes got some steroids on her it will boost her up to a 100 so yah she has a chance there.

Validus
Originally posted by diabloman
rogue is about class 80. if shes got some steroids on her it will boost her up to a 100 so yah she has a chance there.
no expression

TheKahn
no

King_Mungi
Rogue class 80?....what?

badabing
I thought Rogue at most was class 50. Even at class 100 she doesn't have WW's speed.

newjak86
rogue is about class 80. if shes got some steroids on her it will boost her up to a 100 so yah she has a chance there. Ther is a few things wrong here. Umm I doubt steroids would really help her at all and even if it did a low class 100 is still way below WW and I mean way below. Plus I think Rouge is more of a class 50 isn't she I could be wrong with this last statement though.

King_Mungi
Handbook state she is class 50

NoFate007
Rogue still wouldn't be able to beat WW. The only way she would is if she zapped the power out of someone like Juggernaut or Hulk or something.

TheKahn
Originally posted by NoFate007
Rogue still wouldn't be able to beat WW. The only way she would is if she zapped the power out of someone like Juggernaut or Hulk or something.

She'd still be waaayyyy too slow to have a chance of beating WW. And there is still the issue of fighting skill and experience.

newjak86
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Handbook state she is class 50 Thats what I thought. For Rouge to have a chance with WW she would have to try and take the speed from someone fast so she could grab WW and drain her.

General Kon-El
Steroids isn't gonna do a thing. These people are already superpowered. Steroids isn't gonna help much

diabloman
if rogue touches WW with her bear hands rogue would take her strength and give ww a taist of her own medicen

TheKahn
if rogue touches WW with her bear hands rogue would take her strength and give ww a taist of her own medicen

If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass a- hoppin'.

The point of the matter is that Rogue will never touch WW because she is much...too....slow. Wonder Woman's speed is in the same league as Superman's and Flash's (but not equal to either of those, mind you).

Mindship
Originally posted by TheKahn

The point of the matter is that Rogue will never touch WW because she is much...too....slow. Wonder Woman's speed is in the same league as Superman's and Flash's (but not equal to either of those, mind you).

What happens if, with a punch of her own, WW makes contact with Rogue? Or does power absorption have to be conscious on Rogue's part (in which case, WW is probably safe)?

diabloman

The point of the matter is that Rogue will never touch WW because she is much...too....slow. Wonder Woman's speed is in the same league as Superman's and Flash's (but not equal to either of those, mind you). if she touches ww for just a sec. she will get that if you dont know her powers silly

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindship
What happens if, with a punch of her own, WW makes contact with Rogue? Or does power absorption have to be conscious on Rogue's part (in which case, WW is probably safe)?

Or still having her head attached to her body wink. Keep in mind that A) the combatants have at least a basic knowledge about each other's abilities and thus Wonder Woman would know skin-to-skin contact is a big no-no and B) Rogue's body is mostly covered by her costume so WW has a lot of places to safely hit Rogue.

spetznaz

As I've said on another thread, for Rogue to put her bare (I believe you meant 'bare' not 'bear') hands on Wonderwoman so as to give her a taste (I believe you meant 'taste' not 'taist') of her own medicine (I believe .....ah, what the heck!), a significant facet would be in operation.
I.E, if Rogue can touch Wonderwoman, then Wonderwoman can also 'touch' Rogue .....and by touch I mean a punch that can pound monoliths to dust impacting at a velocity faster than the eye can see.

Rogue's absorption power is quite interesting since it can allow her to absorb the powers of MOST characters, the only problem is that she has to get close enough to use it. Close as in direct physical proximity.
This, obviously, implies that the character she is trying to leach energy from can also 'touch' her.
The question you need to ask yourself is if you would want characters like Wonderwoman, the Hulk, and Superman being able to 'touch' you .....particularly when your level of invulnerability is leagues beneath theirs.

For some reason I get flashes of what happened in the IC when someone tried to 'touch' Superboy Prime .....something to do with exploding cranial matter!

Anyways, back to Rogue on steroids.

First thing people need to do is look at Rogue's power set.
She is obviously very strong, has a strong measure of resilience (quasi invulnerability), can fly at a good clip, and depending on how/who writes her she has other powers at her behest (due to her absorption), which makes her quite varied in ability. To be honest she is one of the most omni-dimensional X-men since (when written as using all of he absorbed powers) she has a WHOLE lot of different tools at her disposal.
In many ways Rogue is slept on ......she is actually one of the few X-men who could join the JLA and not get laughed at.

Anyways .....that is another story for another day .....

The second thing people NEED to do in versus battles is to look at the opponent.
Often people only look at their favorite character (be he/she/it Superman, Spiderman, Thing, Wolverine, WolVenom lol, etc) and forget to look at the opponent.
The thing is this .....it doesn't matter how good your character is (even your favorite character), if his/her/its opponent is LEAGUES better.

Crude Analogy: It doesn't matter how fast your racing bicycle is, nor how often you have won the Tour de France with it, nor how space-age the frame is or how advanced the vulcanization process for your bicycle's tires was .....IF YOUR BICYCLE IS RACING AGAINST MY PORSCHE 911.
Your bicycle may be at the pinnacle of perfection .....a paragon of the perfect bike .....but against my car it is not just an automatic loser but it is, quite literally, worthless!

Many people tend to look only at their favorite characters (which is why you see some of the most idiotic threads concerning characters like Wolverine, who though great is simply not supposed to be put against 97-98% of the characters he is pitted against in KMC).

Going back to Rogue versus Wonderwoman.

The premise of this thread is that she has imbued 'steroids,' and is thus roided up and ready to take on Diana.
Alright ....for the Original Poster to make this thread, he must know Rogue pretty well.

The question is does he know Wonderwoman as well?
IF he knew her he would know that the only way Rogue can beat her is through severe PIS/CIS, or if Rogue manages to absorb the powers of some seriously potent character (and even then Rogue would still have her hands full since Wonderwoman is not only powerful but she is one of the most skilled fighters in DC).

Anyways, here is the Wonderwoman Respect thread .....have a look at some of the things Wonderwoman has done, and ask yourself just what level of efficacy Rogue would have against her ....even if Rogue took more steroids than the entire 2005 steroid abuse level of the American Baseball League!

Here is the respect thread: Wonderwoman Respect Thread

Anyways .....Rogue can defeat Wonderwoman. Even without 'steroids.' smile
The only problem is that for this to happen Wonderwoman would have to basically agree to throw the fight i.e the Porsche would have to simply not race and thus allow the bicycle to cycle past.
Make it into a real battle and Rogue might as well hang herself.

diabloman
Originally posted by spetznaz
As I've said on another thread, for Rogue to put her bare (I believe you meant 'bare' not 'bear') hands on Wonderwoman so as to give her a taste (I believe you meant 'taste' not 'taist') of her own medicine (I believe .....ah, what the heck!), a significant facet would be in operation.
I.E, if Rogue can touch Wonderwoman, then Wonderwoman can also 'touch' Rogue .....and by touch I mean a punch that can pound monoliths to dust impacting at a velocity faster than the eye can see.

Rogue's absorption power is quite interesting since it can allow her to absorb the powers of MOST characters, the only problem is that she has to get close enough to use it. Close as in direct physical proximity.
This, obviously, implies that the character she is trying to leach energy from can also 'touch' her.
The question you need to ask yourself is if you would want characters like Wonderwoman, the Hulk, and Superman being able to 'touch' you .....particularly when your level of invulnerability is leagues beneath theirs.

For some reason I get flashes of what happened in the IC when someone tried to 'touch' Superboy Prime .....something to do with exploding cranial matter!

Anyways, back to Rogue on steroids.

First thing people need to do is look at Rogue's power set.
She is obviously very strong, has a strong measure of resilience (quasi invulnerability), can fly at a good clip, and depending on how/who writes her she has other powers at her behest (due to her absorption), which makes her quite varied in ability. To be honest she is one of the most omni-dimensional X-men since (when written as using all of he absorbed powers) she has a WHOLE lot of different tools at her disposal.
In many ways Rogue is slept on ......she is actually one of the few X-men who could join the JLA and not get laughed at.

Anyways .....that is another story for another day .....

The second thing people NEED to do in versus battles is to look at the opponent.
Often people only look at their favorite character (be he/she/it Superman, Spiderman, Thing, Wolverine, WolVenom lol, etc) and forget to look at the opponent.
The thing is this .....it doesn't matter how good your character is (even your favorite character), if his/her/its opponent is LEAGUES better.

Crude Analogy: It doesn't matter how fast your racing bicycle is, nor how often it has won the Tour de France, nor how space-age the frame is or how advanced the vulcanization process in your bicycle's tires are .....IF YOUR BICYCLE IS RACING AGAINST MY PORSCHE 911.
Your bicycle may be at the pinnacle of perfection .....a paragon of the perfect bike .....but against my car it is not just an automatic loser but it is, quite literally, worthless!

Many people tend to look only at their favorite characters (which is why you see some of the most idiotic threads concerning characters like Wolverine, who though great is simply not supposed to be put against 97-98% of the characters he is pitted against in KMC).

Going back to Rogue versus Wonderwoman.

The premise of this thread is that she has imbued 'steroids,' and is thus roided up and ready to take on Diana.
Alright ....for the Original Poster to make this thread, he must know Rogue pretty well (and since his avatar is Venom I can assume he is a Marvel fan, and thus he must know Rogue quite well).

The question is does he know Wonderwoman as well?
IF he knew her he would know that the only way Rogue can beat her is through severe PIS/CIS, or if Rogue manages to absorb the powers of some seriously potent character (and even then Rogue would still have her hands full since Wonderwoman is not only powerful but she is one of the most skilled fighters in DC).

Anyways, here is the Wonderwoman Respect thread .....have a look at some of the things Wonderwoman has done, and ask yourself just what level of efficacy Rogue would have against her ....even if Rogue took more steroids than the entire 2005 steroid abuse level of the American Baseball League!

Here is the respect thread: Wonderwoman Respect Thread

Anyways .....Rogue can defeat Wonderwoman. Even without 'steroids.' smile
The only problem is that for this to happen Wonderwoman would have to basically agree to throw the fight i.e the Porsche would have to simply not race and thus allow the bicycle to cycle past.
Make it into a real battle and Rogue might as well hang herself. rogue doesnt have to be really close to her to absorb WWs powers. just once touch for leson than 2 secs. and shes got her powers. and shes got her steroids so there shes above WW

sbo
Given Rogue's physiology , steroids shouldn't have any effect on her. shes' supposedly immune to most drugs and such.

Give her a can of popeye's spinach her something, that would do the trick. She'll open up a serious can of whoop ass on WW.

spetznaz
rogue doesnt have to be really close to her to absorb WWs powers. just once touch for leson than 2 secs. and shes got her powers. and shes got her steroids so there shes above WW

You contradict yourself .....you say that:

-

and then in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE say the following:

-

Alright, maybe my comprehension of the English language is a little rusty, but last I heard to touch someone meant that you had to be close enough to touch them.
For Rogue to touch Wonderwoman it directly implies Wonderwoman can 'touch' Rogue.

And you say Rogue needs 2 seconds ....LOL .....alright, how much stuff do you think a person who can move at the speed of Wonderwoman can do in 2 seconds?
Goodness ....in that time Rogue's head may very well be on its way to China while her body momentarily hovers above the Golden Gate bridge!

And once again you bring the steroids .....in real life what steroids do is amp up your natural abilities.
If you can run a 100m dash in 9.85 seconds 'roids may make you slash some semi-seconds off that mark (and those semi-seconds may be enough to assure a victory, which is why elite sports really frown on steroid use).

HOWEVER, no matter how many steroids you give to the fastest human sprinter, he will NEVER be able to outrun a cheetah ....no even if you substitute all of his blood for an adrenalin-steroid mix!

Same thing here ....steroids may amp up Rogue's strength, but she is simply not on Wonderwoman's level

diabloman
while there fighting of course rogue would have a chance of touching eachother. duh. PS steroids make your stronger. do you ever watch wrestling some of those guys look all strong and all tha cause there on steroids. hogan is for sure.

spetznaz
while there fighting of course rogue would have a chance of touching eachother. duh. PS steroids make your stronger. do you ever watch wrestling some of those guys look all strong and all tha cause there on steroids. hogan is for sure.

You say 'duh,' yet you are the one who states in one sentence that Rogue doesn't have to be really close to absorb Wonderwoman's powers, and then in the very next state that all she needs is one touch!

Erm, I should be the one saying 'duh' ....but I prefer not to look down on those who may be making lowbrow assertions due to factors beyond their own control (this is why, for instance, I stopped making fun of Wolverine8888 once I found out he was Dyslexic).

Anyways .....as for steroids.
Yes, I know that people in 'wrestling entertainment' do take steroids to bulk up their muscle mass.
And yes, I know that in other sports (real sports even) there is steroid use ....although it is always frowned upon and would lead to automatic disqualifications (although in 'wrestling entertainment' steroid use is probably mandated).

I know all that ....and STILL I tell you that all steroids do is amp up your strength. They will make you stronger, and they will make you faster (different types of 'roids), however there is a limit to what they can do.

Since you probably did not comprehend the example I gave on the 100m dash, let me use 'wrestling.'

If Wrestler A takes steroids, his muscles will get bigger and he will be stronger.
However, no matter how much steroids he takes, he will never be able to outpull an elephant.
No matter how much steroids he takes, he will never be able to lift a Ford F-150 over his head.
No matter how much steroids he takes.

All that the steroids do is augment his physical abilities .....but UP TO A CERTAIN LEVEL.

That is why in the 100m dash the people who use steroids only seem to cut a few semi-seconds off their time. Now, that is more often enough to assure a win, but those people will not be chasing Pronghorn antelope on the prairie!

Capire?

Mindship
...Rogue's body is mostly covered by her costume so WW has a lot of places to safely hit Rogue.

Good point. Bummer for Rogue...unless she has a skimpier combat version of her attire.

Besides, WW is about 1,000,000,000,000,000 times stronger than Rogue (50 tons vs towing moons). This is like a sneeze vs Hurricane Katrina.

diabloman
You say 'duh,' yet you are the one who states in one sentence that Rogue doesn't have to be really close to absorb Wonderwoman's powers, and then in the very next state that all she needs is one touch!

Erm, I should be the one saying 'duh' ....but I prefer not to look down on those who may be making lowbrow assertions due to factors beyond their own control.

Anyways .....as for steroids.
Yes, I know that people in 'wrestling entertainment' do take steroids to bulk up their muscle mass.
And yes, I know that in other sports (real sports even) there is steroid use ....although it is always frowned upon and would lead to automatic disqualifications (although in 'wrestling entertainment' steroid use is probably mandated).

I know all that ....and STILL I tell you that all steroids do is amp up your strength. They will make you stronger, and they will make you faster (different types of 'roids), however there is a limit to what they can do.

Since you probably did not comprehend the example I gave on the 100m dash, let me use 'wrestling.'

If Wrestler A takes steroids, his muscles will get bigger and he will be stronger.
However, no matter how much steroids he takes, he will never be able to outpull an elephant.
No matter how much steroids he takes, he will never be able to lift a Ford F-150 over his head.
No matter how much steroids he takes.

All that the steroids do is augment his physical abilities .....but UP TO A CERTAIN LEVEL.

That is why in the 100m dash the people who use steroids only seem to cut a few semi-seconds off their time. Now, that is more often enough to assure a win, but those people will not be chasing Pronghorn antelope on the prairie!

Capire? those guys they dont take just one pill then bam there strong. every now and then they have to take some more. and wtf are you talking about them getting disqualified ? uh hogan is still wrestling and hes on roids. ultimate warrior was for along time when he was wrestling

diabloman
ok forget about rogue touching her then. if WW even punches rogue she will still get WWs powers cause she touched her skin. doesnt matter if she licks her skin pinch hit what ever. just any physical emotion from another person with any part of there skin there screwed.

spetznaz
those guys they dont take just one pill then bam there strong. every now and then they have to take some more. and wtf are you talking about them getting disqualified ? uh hogan is still wrestling and hes on roids. ultimate warrior was for along time when he was wrestling

Goodness!

First things first ....this is what I said:

'Yes, I know that people in 'wrestling entertainment' do take steroids to bulk up their muscle mass.

Now, I'm not sure what level of education you have, but I just said that in real sports (TV wrestling is not a real sport ....it is 'sports entertainment') steroid use is an offence that can lead to admonishment and even banning, and THEN I SAID that in 'wrestling entertainment' steroid use is probably mandated.'
Now ....I'm sure that went over your head, but what it means (if I digest it a bit for you) is that in TV wrestling the wrestlers are probably made to take steroids. That way they have better musculature to make the people who watch 'wrestling entertainment' go 'ooooh!'

That make sense or should I take it a notch lower? Say 5th grade level of comprehension?

I also happen to know about steroid use.
And not just steroids but the other forms of cheating that are used in (real) sports ....for instance ranging from adrenalin injections all the way to the more stealthy blood doping (where they take out their own blood, store it, and then inject it back a week later once their body has already replenished the blood that was removed .....gives them a boost due to increased level of hemoglobin, which means their blood is more oxygenated).

Thus, sir, I know exactly what goes on with steroids as well as other methods.

And it doesn't matter .....steroids will boost your physical abilities, BUT STILL ONLY TO A POINT.
It doesn't matter whether you take a single pill or injection, or whether you take enough to send you to your grave.
You will get stronger, but you are not going to be tossing vehicles around.

spetznaz
ok forget about rogue touching her then. if WW even punches rogue she will still get WWs powers cause she touched her skin. doesnt matter if she licks her skin pinch hit what ever. just any physical emotion from another person with any part of there skin there screwed.

MindShip and the Khan already answered that, and to great effect.

diabloman
Goodness!

First things first ....this is what I said:

'Yes, I know that people in 'wrestling entertainment' do take steroids to bulk up their muscle mass.

Now, I'm not sure what level of education you have, but I just said that in real sports (TV wrestling is not a real sport ....it is 'sports entertainment') steroid use is an offence that can lead to admonishment and even banning, and THEN I SAID that in 'wrestling entertainment' steroid use is probably mandated.'
Now ....I'm sure that went over your head, but what it means (if I digest it a bit for you) is that in TV wrestling the wrestlers are probably made to take steroids. That way they have better musculature to make the people who watch 'wrestling entertainment' go 'ooooh!'

That make sense or should I take it a notch lower? Say 5th grade level of comprehension?

I also happen to know about steroid use.
And not just steroids but the other forms of cheating that are used in (real) sports ....for instance ranging from adrenalin injections all the way to the more stealthy blood doping (where they take out their own blood, store it, and then inject it back a week later once their body has already replenished the blood that was removed .....gives them a boost due to increased level of hemoglobin, which means their blood is more oxygenated).

Thus, sir, I know exactly what goes on with steroids as well as other methods.

And it doesn't matter .....steroids will boost your physical abilities, BUT STILL ONLY TO A POINT.
It doesn't matter whether you take a single pill or injection, or whether you take enough to send you to your grave.
You will get stronger, but you are not going to be tossing vehicles around. you said theres a chance of them getting disqualified if they see that there on roids. well they dont check verry well then. cause some still do partner

spetznaz
you said theres a chance of them getting disqualified if they see that there on roids. well they dont check verry well then. cause some still do partner

Let me simplify the sentence I put in bold in the previous post:

1) In real sports, at both the amateur and the professional level, the use of steroids if severely frowned upon. If caught the sportsman or woman faces anything ranging from financial penalties, to suspension from the game, to even outright banning (ask Ben Johnson, who got the stiff end of the stick after winning a 100m dash ....until people, led by then champion Carl Lewis, noticed that the win was too easy).

2) In Sports Entertainment (eg WWE, American Gladiators, etc) steroid use is officially not accomodated, but it is clearly apparent that steroid use is many times pushed to the 'athletes.' This is why I said it is basically almost a mandate (for your benefit - Mandate means an authoritative instruction).

Now, looking at real sports.
I know that people get away with it .....that is why people still take steroids. For instance the Chinese olympic swim team got into some serious trouble over this issue, as did the weight-lifting team of some Eastern European nation.
The thing is they take their chances ....knowing that there is a good chance that they will not get caught, but also knowing that if caught then their chances of ever participating again are dust!

Thus you are not telling me ANY new information ....I know that some get away.
The testing though is very stringent (for your benefit - stringent means thorough or strict), the problem is that they normally do not test everyone. Thus there is always the chance some will slip through the cracks, and they do.

Thus people do take steroids .....oh, and 'thanks' for telling me this (although I already knew that quite well).

diabloman
Let me simplify the sentence I put in bold in the previous post:

1) In real sports, at both the amateur and the professional level, the use of steroids if severely frowned upon. If caught the sportsman or woman faces anything ranging from financial penalties, to suspension from the game, to even outright banning (ask Ben Johnson, who got the stiff end of the stick after winning a 100m dash ....until people, led by then champion Carl Lewis, noticed that the win was too easy).

2) In Sports Entertainment (eg WWE, American Gladiators, etc) steroid use is officially not accomodated, but it is clearly apparent that steroid use is many times pushed to the 'athletes.' This is why I said it is basically almost a mandate (for your benefit - Mandate means an authoritative instruction).

Now, looking at real sports.
I know that people get away with it .....that is why people still take steroids. For instance the Chinese olympic swim team got into some serious trouble over this issue, as did the weight-lifting team of some Eastern European nation.
The thing is they take their chances ....knowing that there is a good chance that they will not get caught, but also knowing that if caught then their chances of ever participating again are dust!

Thus you are not telling me ANY new information ....I know that some get away.
The testing though is very stringent (for your benefit - stringent means thorough or strict), the problem is that they normally do not test everyone. Thus there is always the chance some will slip through the cracks, and they do.

Thus people do take steroids .....oh, and 'thanks' for telling me this (although I already knew that quite well). correct there. any foot ball player basket ball or any other profesional sport if those guys get caught they dont just disqualify them. they have to pay a fine and they get there asses in big trouble as well.

batdude123
Actually, imo, you could give Rogue all the steroids in the world and she still wouldn't beat Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is still way incredibly faster than her, and she's also has more versatility. She could easily speed blitz her, or she could use her sword, she could use her tiara, or she could use her lasso. I don't care how strong you make Rogue, she ain't breaking the lasso. Recently, the lasso has been said to have been powered by the Presence himself. Since nobody's on his power level except TOAA, Rogue couldn't do sh*t to it. Bottom line is that Wonder Woman is too fast and too versatile for her. Rogue's best shot is to touch Wonder Woman, but there's no chance in hell that she would allow that. Plus, even if she did manage to touch her (which there would be no way), I don't think she could make that great of an impact on Wonder Woman. There's one comic where Rogue touches Hulk, and while she's doing this, Hulk seemingly was not affected and then he went on to smack her down with a boulder. Wonder Woman also outclasses her in terms of fighting ability as well. Rouge should really not be winning this fight, even if you augment her ability. That should definitely tell you that she's not on Wonder Woman's power level. Wonder Woman wins 10/10.

Grimm22

Rouge's not class 80.

She's probobly around class 40 or 50.

Seriously if she's class 80 then Marvel really needs to look back on their strength charts.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Rouge's not class 80.

She's probobly around class 40 or 50.

Seriously if she's class 80 then Marvel really needs to look back on their strength charts.

It says in my handbook that she was a class 50. So... there ya go.

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
It says in my handbook that she was a class 50. So... there ya go.

Yeah that seems a hell of a lot more accurate.

Grimm22
Ha! I looked it up in Wizard July 2005 where the female strength chart states that she can lift 25 tons.

While WW can lift 100+ Tons.

Yeah no way in hell is rouge taking this one

batdude123
Ha! I looked it up in Wizard July 2005 where the female strength chart states that she can lift 25 tons.

Yep. Read my post. I kicked all the Rogue supporter's asses. cool

Big Sexy
Originally posted by sbo
Given Rogue's physiology , steroids shouldn't have any effect on her. shes' supposedly immune to most drugs and such.

Give her a can of popeye's spinach her something, that would do the trick. She'll open up a serious can of whoop ass on WW.

I agree, rogue will get a pyramid on her biceps and WW is seriously boned. laughing

grey fox
Putting Rouge on steroids will do nothing more then get her pissed off more easily and make wing slowly turn into a wang.

Swanky-Tuna

Rogue's gone through a lot of crap lately. Last I heard she had human torch-like powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.